carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thank you so much for your lovely comments about my family. So glad you had a wonderful time at the wedding and it went well for everyone. Yay to the beautiful bride and handsome groom. And woohoo to wearing your gorgeous VC masterpiece. That makes sense. Wear it during the day where it shines and your old cut diamond ER at night where it glows to its maximum potential. I love that you can enjoy both to their maximum.:appl: Glad you are home safe and sound.

@AV_ aww that is too kind and lol. I wouldn't even want to be 13 again. That was a trying time if I remember correctly. Hope you are enjoying a lovely week. Sending you (((hugs))).

@Tekate Greg says hi and sends hugs your way. Yay to Chris being happier at work and Cara feeling better. Thank you for your kind words about my family. I have a good family I really do. Yes my mom and I butt heads often but I think that is just the nature of some mother daughter relationships and it is what it is. Doesn't mean I love her less. I know you get it. Hugs to you and Autumn and your whole wonderful family. You are very blessed Kate the Great and so are we for having your friendship. (((Hugs))). Thank you for being such a great hostess. We will be right over. What shall we bring?:cool2:

@Austina I am so sorry about Shirley. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. So much heartache in this world and life is overwhelming much of the time. Sending you and Colin and Dottie and Adam and Kim warm hugs and good thoughts. Yes Bella can certainly brighten any day and I am not surprised she blinds people with her beautiful chunky glow. LOL puppies are a lot of work I am with you on that. But oh I want to eat them up and hugs them so much that if Greg was up for getting a puppy I wouldn't say no.:whistle::bigsmile:8)

@Calliecake glad your snow all melted. Your weather is almost as bad as Marcy's lately lol. Yes there is always hope for our moms. You know my mom and dad gave us an amazing childhood and I have no right to complain about her at all. Yes she is difficult now but when one gets older sadly that comes out more I think for many oldsters. Part of the problem is she is dealing with chronic pain issues and that is enough to make anyone cranky. I get it. Yup Bethany is going to be tall like your niece and we will see how Alexa grows. They are so different in personality too. Just like me and my sister. I don't get all the people who say we look alike though lol. We look so different. She looks like my mom and I look like my dad (when they were young) and when people say we look alike I SMH. We are both brunettes (or at least I should say I was brunette as now I am getting more gray than anything and sadly no hair dye in my future as per my derm's instructions) but that is where the resemblance ends I think...and Alexa takes after her and Bethany has more of my personality. Like your brothers and you the personality is very different and sometimes it is hard believing we came from the same family lol. Just like you and your brothers I think and Greg and his brothers. Totally different personalities. Thank goodness in the case of Greg and his brothers and mom. :lol:

@marcy I am glad you slept better the other night. Wow those earrings are amazbling and stunning.:love: I cannot wait for us, umm I mean you, :cheeky: to receive them today. Fingers crossed the snow doesn't prevent their delivery to you today. And please send us ear shots ASAP. I need a diamond fix as soon as possible to get my mind off things as you know. You are so sweet and kind and thank you for your comforting words yesterday. (((HUGS))). And thank you for all your kind comments about my family including Greg and me. Just like you and Marty we are a perfect match indeed. Boo to the snow but yay to Marty for taking care of his Marcy. Get to work and back safely today and hope the earrings bring you much joy.

@Mamabean what is your IG handle? I think you shared it in the NIRDI thread but I cannot find it. Hope all is well and that your back is all better and your garage organized and clean. Any new bling pieces to share with us?:love:

@Sandeek honey thinking of you and hoping this week goes well and smoothly and that your hot date is good and very soon. Sending you more hugs and love and healing dust. Thanks for your supportive and kind comfort yesterday.

So some of you know that yesterday I actually had my abdominal ultrasound after all my other appointments as it worked out timing wise. But something is wrong and they wouldn't tell me what so I now have to wait for my internist to get the results and contact me. It was a horrible ordeal. The techs did the US for an hour. That's right an hour. They had lots of trouble with the right kidney so I am scared and don't know what is going on with me. Please think good thoughts for me.

The endocrinologist and surgeon followups went ok. The surgeon wants to see me back in 6 weeks but I made an appointment for 3 months lol because I was confused and am not going to change it unless I have a problem. I have been to him enough. And the endocrinologist took some blood and we won't know anything til those results come back and he wants me to stay on the lower dose of T3 for now as he is afraid to get my heart palpitations started again. So I am on too low a dose but he wants me to hold there. Next appointment is 3 months unless something happens and he needs to see me sooner. So I made those 2 appointments the same day as they are only half a mile or so apart and we easily walk from one to the other.

Today is a free day woohoo but it is somewhat marred by my concern about my Ultrasound results and also our blood tests from the physical which was supposed to be in the patient portal last Thursday and still isn't there. I have no illusions about how busy my internist is and if he still hasn't released the blood results from 8 days ago (when he said he'd be getting them to us last Wednesday or Thursday) who knows when he will be letting me know what is going on with my ultrasound results. But after what we went through yesterday both Greg and I are worried and would like to know those results. I think anyway because maybe ignorance is bliss.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful day and sending you all (((hugs))).

Leaving you with a photo of us waiting for my Ultrasound at NYU and of course I couldn't resist a Bubbalah close up to get my mind off things while waiting.:halo:

ultrasoundwaiting.png

Can you find Greg in both photos?8)
bubbalahatnyuultrasound.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am so not brave about medical anything, it ain't funny .( I feel your worry through the post, but do not know what is there to worry about. Darned Limbo!
You are reminding me of a couple of conversations: about doctors treating themselves or close family & how most cannot do either because they cannot take the worry; a sort of line in the sand to be on one side of but not both.

Who knows what will come of these test, but until they come in there is this eye of the storm; I know those...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Not at all @Calliecake, I like hearing about your car search. I must admit, I’ve already said to Colin that if we end up staying here, I’m definitely looking at a Jaguar estate next time :lol: Comfort is the most important thing (along with safety) when choosing a car, our Saab’s had the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. I’m sure your perfect car is out there, you just haven’t found it yet.

Love the glamour shots @marcy, I’m so excited for you, did they come today? Hope you’re feeling rested and work hasn’t been stressful. Remind me why you live in Wyoming :P2?

You certainly can speak for me @Tekate, I’m hoping that when we move to Austin we’ll have enough room between us so that we can have a big NIRDI get together and get all the ladies in one place :mrgreen2: So glad everything is going well with the new parents, as well as your other son. We’ve noticed too that unless we go for something around 3000 sq ft+, we’re not going to get big enough rooms for our furniture, or a big enough garden for a pool. I LOVE Star Trek, although I’ve only seen the first episode of Discovery. I’m hoping Adam will download it for me so I can binge watch it.

It’s lovely that it all went so well @junebug17, but I hear you about being glad to be home. Was Zoe pleased to see you? I imagine your ring drew quite a bit of attention, even if it was surreptitiously. I often notice people eyeballing Bella.

I understand how worrying it is waiting for results @missy, but I’m with @AV_ in that I believe there’s no point torturing yourself with what ifs until you know what you’re dealing with. I know that’s easier said than done, but please try, you have enough on your plate without the added stress. It took me a long time to accept that worry doesn’t change the outcome, and that when I know what the problem is, I can then find the solution.

Thank you all for your kind words about Shirley, I think what I’m finding hard, is the loss of the future. We had so many plans together for when we moved to Texas, with Bob gone and now Shirley’s decline, that’s changed everything. Writing it down sounds so selfish, when Shirley and her son & DIL have lost so much, and they face a future full of uncertainty and sadness. B & J are talking about coming to England later in the year, and I’ve suggested that they leave Shirley with us for a few days so they can have some time together. I think they’re really going to need it. B & J haven’t been married that long, and B has been away for most of the time, now J has to give up her job and move to Texas to take care of Shirley.

Oh dear, I don’t want to end on a downer, today’s been lovely and bright. I went to Pilates then we went out shopping this afternoon. I just wanted to be outdoors for a while. We weren’t looking for anything in particular, but did get Colin a lovely pair of blue & white stripey shorts :lol:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am so sorry for this added stress and that this test turned into such an ordeal...waiting for test results is nerve wracking and I'm sending you lots of love, support, and hugs. I hope you've been able to distract yourself a little with other things but I know it's hard. I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome.

@Austina, you do not sound selfish in the least...Shirley is a dear friend and it is totally understandable that you would be feeling sadness that things are going to be different. I'm sending you lots of hugs and love, this is a tough situation. I think it's wonderful of you to offer to have Shirley stay with you so B and J can have some time together; it's good for caregivers to get occasional breaks. and yes, Zoe did seem happy to see me!

I have to run out but will check in later with everyone xxx

Eta @marcy, your earrings are gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @AV_, @Austina and @junebug17. I'm doing OK. No news yet but hoping for the best. Thanks for all your love and support. (((Hugs))) back at ya.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Gosh this thread moves so quickly it took me 45min to catch up! I have had a migraine for two days so I’m not at my quickest right now anyhow. There’s no way my pain-brain can digest and respond to everything but I read each and every post since the weekend. I love all the photos and day-to-day. Sending love and hugs and peace and warm-fuzzies to each of you!

Have you gotten any more news Missy? I can tell you’re worried and I’m thinking about you! BIG (((((Hugs)))))

Quick update on my end...my surgery was scheduled for 5/8 but due to a scheduling error, it’s now 6/4. I’m not keen on putting it off. I get my migraine shots tomorrow so I will hopefully be able to kick the headaches shortly. Dh is still really struggling with job stress, my boys are doing well, dd1 is still in the hospital and not making progress towards leaving, and dd2 has been ill and getting worse (which has me quite concerned). Dd2 has spent the last 8mo dealing with swollen lymph nodes, fatigue, and all manner of symptoms without getting better. She’s 13 and our ped has dismissed it all. My mama instinct is screaming at me. Please cross your fingers and say a prayer we find some answers.

Sorry I couldn’t respond individually, too much pain-brain...but love to all! Oh! And I almost forgot...I fiiiiinally picked up my star sapphire reset today, so I leave you with a picture. I’ll try to post it in SMTB or something in a bit.

F65DEADA-D66B-4680-8E68-7296875F3FEF.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am so sorry you have to wait for results to your US test. Sending you big hugs. Like everyone else has said try not to worry about things until you know there is something to worry about. That waiting room looks like a long wait. Bubbalah is gorgeous in a waiting room. It is kind of cool all of us are different than our siblings. There are 3 of us and not one of us are alike. I’m the coolest though. Bwhahahaha. We got over 7 inches of snow and Marty did take me to work. FedEx called once the earrings were ready to pick up so sweet Marty ran down and picked them up. What a guy.

Austina, Jaguar estates are good looking cars. Comfort and safety are definitely important. My earrings did safely arrive. As for living in Wyoming - Marty asks me that frequently. When he was looking for a new job 8 years ago I wouldn’t leave here because of my parents. If he wanted to move now I wouldn’t have any reason to say no. I am sure he’d go somewhere warmer. Good point that worry doesn’t change the outcome. It is heartbreaking what Shirley and her son and DIL are dealing with; that is an awesome idea to have Shirley stay with you guys while B&J spend a few days alone.

Junebug, thank you. Sweet that Zoe was happy to see you come home.

Keeliamira, oh no for having a migraine. I hope you are feeling better tonight. Darn that your surgery is pushed back till June. Mega dust to your DH for job relief and I hope your sweet children get better soon. Love your star sapphire ring.

My day was snow, ice, cold and EARRINGS. Sweet.
Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 thank you so much for all your love and support. No news yet but I will keep you posted. Hope you enjoyed a good day yesterday.

@AV_ thank you for your comforting words and thoughts. Hoping for the best. How is your week going?

@Sandeek hope your evening went well and I am sending you so many good thoughts and big but gentle hugs. (((HUGS))). Soon things will be much better and life will be so sweet again. Hang in there. You are doing really well. You have come so far. Just a little bit more. XOXO.

@Tekate hope you are having a good week sweet Kate the Great and more hugs and love to you and Autumn.

@Keeliamira wow your sapphire is amazing. I love it. Are you crazy in love with it? It's gorgeous! That color:kiss2: that setting :kiss2:. It's magnificent. Thank you so much for the big hugs.

I am so sorry everyone in your family is still dealing with so much. That DD1 is still in the hospital but hoping she is home soon. I am so sorry DD2 is still ill and sending buckets of healing dust her way. Hope DH gets some good news re the job front soon and that your migraines are relieved by the shots. Keeping you and your dh and your children in my thoughts and prayers and hoping DD2 recovers very soon. I am also sorry your surgery was delayed. Are you going to try moving the surgery date up if possible? Sending you big (((hugs))).

@Austina that is very nice of you and Colin to offer to take Shirley in for a few days so that her kids can have some time alone. I am sorry it has messed your future plans too. You have every right to feel sad about the loss of those plans together. So many people affected by the loss of Shirely's dh. And of course Poor Shirley's life is affected the very most. She and her dh had so many things to look forward to and now their future together is destroyed. Heartbreaking. There really are no adequate words. I cannot imagine what she is going through and hope somehow she finds peace and is OK. Add in her mental decline and the future is terrifying. Sending all of you good thoughts and keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

@marcy woohoo Marty taking you to work but oh no to 7 inches of snow. But most importantly Marty came through and got you the earrings. And they look stunning. Everything about them is gorgeous. Do you love them? They look amazing on you. You have to share them in the dangle earring thread when you get a chance or let me share them. Either way. They look beautiful on you.:love: Nicely done Marcy.

No news from the doctor but I didn't expect him to contact me yesterday. He is so overwhelmed and busy with patients who knows when he will actually see and read my results and then call me. I wish I could just get the results from NYU but no one has to get them from their doctor. Seems like an archaic rule since they are my results. NY has so many rules and regulations that other states don't have. In other states one can order their own blood tests too but not in NY. Lots of political BS here but one has to play the game if one lives here. Anyway there is a good chance I might not be finding anything out for a few more days so I will just take mind off this and move on to more pleasant thoughts.

In other news the feral feeder is working quite well. There was a bit of a backup yesterday as a line formed outside while others ate inside. They all patiently waited their turn.:halo:

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 7.07.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 7.07.33 AM.png

Love these babies.:kiss2:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Re 'how's the week' - well, today is a holiday, then Friday also (religious) - and there is a local concept of bridging such gaps of merely one or two working days. Until monday - I'll do what locals do & do some writing too. I made pancakes with acacia flowers - something not done in years.
Your menion of '13' made me count years back - I was quiet & peaceable & in the middle of a beautiful Platonic friendship with a neighbour whose traces I have completely lost ,( - she was so into arts & me so into all & nothing!
I assume that your doc had no reason to rush on your case & this is good.

@Keeliamira The sapphire looks to be my kind of light blue & the starry setting with single cuts is perfect .) Pain & trouble begone! - ring must be enjoyed.

@marcy I hope your beautiful suite reminds this forum how beautiful platinum work is in its own right...

off to lunch - it has been a long day already

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I forgot to wish you a happy May Day. Happy May 1st!

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a yummy lunch. :lickout: And hope your writing goes well. As for long lost friends it is never too late while we are alive. Long lost friends from childhood have reached out and found me and it was always a happy experience.

2BA8B75D-EA78-40AD-981F-A65B521684B8.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assume that your doc had no reason to rush on your case & this is good.

@AV_ argh just called the office because Greg insisted I call as he is mad they haven't contacted me yet and guess what? The staff member I spoke with said he hasn't even seen my results yet as he was out of the office and he is very backlogged. Just like I thought. He hasn't contacted me not because there is nothing to worry about but because he hasn't even gotten to view the results yet. I'm apprehensive and anxious and all that jazz. The staff person I spoke with said she would send it over to him high priority for him to view and call me. I am not holding my breath but it's incredibly upsetting how things can easily fall through the loophole and get overlooked even if the results are serious. :((

Thanks for letting me vent.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Oh @missy how frustrating! I’m so glad Greg had you call. I’m sending love and dust for good results your way!

@marcy your new bling is fantastic! Congrats! I loooove the design. I can’t believe you’ve had so much snow...kudos to Marty for driving you to work!

Thanks for the ring love! This was my first crack at being involved in designing the setting. I really like it and am glad to have my sapphire back after so long, but I’m not over the moon about it the way I thought I’d be. :(2 Oh well, always a learning experience and always room for a reset! Dh is at the ER with dd2 right now. She was in so much pain she as up most of the night but didn’t want to go to the hospital. Cross you fingers for some answers for us please. Have a great day gals. It’s 80 and beautifully sunny here so I’m enjoying being outside!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy

Do VENT!

What I was thinking: if the tehnician had seen something blatant they would have flagged the results; I assume that they can see, technically, although the formal chain of validation does not entitle them to tell anything.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh, I thought I posted last evening but it turns out I didn't, it was here this a.m. sooo I'm going to just say hello, good morning here in the USA. Going to rain in TX today supposedly.

We are thinking townhouse in PA, don't want any maintenance, with 2.5 hours of NYC. :) will really start looking in June.

Texas depends on what we pay in PA so it's fun to look we aren't doing anything serious here either. Just looking.

Autie is getting bigger every day, didn't take any pix of her yesterday and I should have.. tomorrow.

Chris is coming!!! he's arriving May 7 and leaving the 11th! so happy! having my kids and my granddaughter together? HEAVEN. (and John too) and Cara :) (her mother? nope).. ha!

@missy I hate that your physician has to be the one to give info. When I had an MRI of my jaw last year, the hospital had me create an account and I could view the report the radiologist sent my doctor! I loved that, your point was well taken: It's YOUR report not your doctors, a radiologist reads it.. Bug them. The days of physicians being the ruler are OVER. We pay and we deserve our information on time and immediatey, when I see you next time, I have to tell you the two stories about me and John and not getting reports for months.. it was a crying shame. Anyway, the ferals look beautiful and I love them too! When I see Mike I will take a picture of his cat LUNA the Looney, I LOVE her, she is beautiful.. All is okay here, I am missing my home and my life a bit, but Autie makes it all worthwhile. xoxoxo to you, Greg and furfamily!

@marcy Love the earrings Marcy, they look magnificent!

@Keeliamira migrains suck. so so sorry.. sorry about the girls too, husband, you have your hands FULL, sending loving dust your way.

@Austina Hola! not much new in house hunting, mellowing out for now :) I am overloading my brain (easy to do).. I am sorry about Shirley, you are a wonderful friend.. we are lucky in life imho if we have ONE friend like you.. sending you a hug xoxoxo thank you for letting me speak for you! and YES to having room for our friends here, time passes so quickly that hopefully it will feel soon. Thank you Austina!!! xo

@Calliecake Hola! to you ! hope all is well, what kind of vehicle holds your heart right now? xoxoxo

@Scandinavian what's new Scandi?

@Mamabean Hola to you lady! you have a wonderful husband! (read the info about how your husband has always bought you jewelry ((not always your fav style tho)) he's a keepah!) xoxo

@AV_ Hi!!! happy Holiday(s) I love a day off and your weather looks divine AV! xoxoxo

@Sandeek Sandee, what is going on with you? when is the wedding? not heard from you lately.. how's the family? how's your jaw? how are you? sending you love and healing thoughts xoxoxoxo

sending a hi to Sharon! @canuk-gal

@junebug17 Hey lady how are you? what's on your agenda for the weekend coming? xoxoxo

@missy Happy May Day to you! too :)

Wishing happy Wednesday to you all! xoxoxo
kate

AV_

Ideal_Rock
NIRDI,

If you get to pour yourself a glass of something good, this is the sort of news it goes with www
- there is a shallow baguette there called 'mirror' & true mirrored diamonds (with foil backing) showed as they need to be shown: in motion, in low angled light... ; cure of stress if there ever were

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDI,

If you get to pour yourself a glass of something good, this is the sort of news it goes with www
- there is a shallow baguette there called 'mirror' & true mirrored diamonds (with foil backing) showed as they need to be shown: in motion, in low angled light... ; cure of stress if there ever were

Magical.:love:

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry for the delay, I know it's hard being in limbo and I hope you get the results soon.

I'm glad the feeder is working well! Aw, those kitties are just the sweetest :kiss2:

@Keeliamira, oh no to your dd being up all night Due to pain, I really hope the ER can come up with some answers. Sorry to her your other dd isn't making much progress but these kinds of things can take time. You must be terribly worn out dealing with a migrain and I do hope the shots bring you relief. I adore your ring, it's gorgeous! It's funny how sometimes we are not as excited about certain bling purchases as we'd thought we'd be, I experience that too...but it's an amazing setting and beautiful stone and I hope you are enjoying it.

@Tekate, how great that Chris is coming and you will all get to spend some time together! That is just the best.

@marcy, LOVE the earrings! :love: They look perfect on you! They and the pendant make a fabulous set, I know you will get tons of wear out of them. It's so much fun getting new bling :D

Not much going on here...I spent Monday getting my brother back home, so just unpacking and doing laundry.

Love to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, thank you. I do love the earrings. The diamonds are .12 ct each and since they are in WG sometimes the shiny metal catches light instead of the diamonds but I had sunlight on them driving home tonight and they are shooting off fire like crazy. You don’t see earrings on me anyway but I liked to see them sparkle. I know I’ll wear them a lot. Sorry you haven’t heard back from the doctor with results yet. Vent away! Hopefully they do make sure you are moved up as a high priority. Does the doctor’s office have accounts you can set up online? I know I was able to see my mom’s test results and cancer numbers in her account as soon as the info was posted. Cute kitties. Looks like you need to make reservations at Chez Missy and Greg’s Feral Feeder.

AV, enjoy the holiday weekend. Thank you; my set is white gold but I like the look. I am kind of glad they aren’t platinum since the settings are solid. How nice to catch up with an old friend.

Kate, oh no for getting rain in Texas today. I hope it wasn’t a lot of that wet stuff. Good idea to go with a townhouse in PA - maintenance free is a great way to go. That’s great Autie is getting bigger everyday. I know she gets cuter everyday. Nice that Chris is coming to visit too. Thank you. I like enjoy my earrings.

Junebug, Thank you. I used to have a lot of matching sets but they all made it in to my jewelry liquidation sales. It is fun getting new bling. Are you wearing your pretty new ring all the time? I usually wear new things for about 2 weeks then I work them back in to my rotation. LOL.

I had a busy day at work but at least the day zipped by. My team mad a mistake a few weeks ago so that customer is worried when something doesn’t look right. He is sending me messages all day now. I am working with our software developers to add some import features in one of our applications. If it works it could eliminate a lot of my team’s daily work load. To which I say OOH and Oh Oh.
We went out for supper today. Yay no dishes.
Marty is heading to Denver tomorrow so he probably won’t get home until late evening.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 you are such a good sister. Glad you got your brother safely back home and settled and hope you take some time for yourself to take it easy and recuperate. Thanks for your good wishes dear Junie. I feel stronger for having people who care about me rooting for me and appreciate all your loving support. Hope the laundry is all done and you get to enjoy a relaxing rest of this rainy week. It's the perfect weather to just wind down and take it easy.

@AV_ thanks for being here for me and for your comforting words. This is now another journey for me but will take things one day at a time. And I will be OK hopefully. Possibility of a weird disease but anything less it would not be me I guess lol. Gotta laugh. Please share some happy or at least interesting news with us to take my mind off things. How is the writing coming along? Anything new happening? Sending you hugs.

@Tekate ooh a townhouse in PA would be nice. Not too far from NYC either. Sorry your experiences with the medical profession have been less than stellar. The medical profession is not what it once was. It is big business and a sad business at that at the cost of the patients health and welfare. I don't blame my internist per se. He is overworked and a new corporation has taken them over. It is big business and lots of pressure. One of the reasons I left my profession. He called me last night and was on the phone talking about my health situation for 30 minutes and it was a lot of info to absorb. He is doing the best he can and I appreciate it. There are no clear answers but I will explain below. Thanks for caring Kate the Great. Woohoo to Chris coming soon and having everyone together. That is bliss.:love: And it would be so lovely to see a photo of Luna. She sounds beautiful. Sorry you are missing being home right now but glad sweet Autumn makes it all worthwhile. How is your dear niece Kate doing? Please send my best to her. (((Hugs))) to you.

@Sandeek good luck today sweetheart. Sending you bucketloads of ***DUST*** and good thoughts and big (((HUGS))). I hope we can all celebrate later with your good news. XOXO The doctor contacted me last night after we talked. More on that below. GOOD LUCK to you today!!!!!

@marcy I am so glad you love the earrings. My findings are complex and that is why he needed time to talk to me and couldn't just load it online. I will explain below. Thanks for caring. Glad work went quickly for you yesterday but oh no to your team making a mistake causing your customer to lose confidence in them. Glad you are there for him though now you have to deal with his messages all day long. Yay to going out to dinner and no dishes. Safe travels to Marty. And ooh and oh oh to the software that could potentially lighten the workload for your team.

@Keeliamira sending you more good thoughts and hugs and hope your DD is doing better.

So my internist called me after 8PM last night. I knew the reason he hadn't called earlier is that the findings are complicated and he needed the proper quiet time to talk to me after his workday seeing patients was over. He was talking for almost 30 minutes. Long story short I have 2 issues that he is concerned about. A bone issue (which I have had for the past year looking back on my repeated abnormal blood results and he ran a bone specific test last Monday during my physical which showed a problem) and a swollen ureter/right kidney.

The next steps are getting a CAT scan with dye and a CAT scan without dye (they do both at the same visit) and a bone scan with me being injected with something called Technetium.

Only problem is I am fairly sure I cannot tolerate the dye injection due to my allergies. So I messaged my dermatologist last night as my internist asked me to do and we will see what he thinks. My internist said I can take Prednisone before the dye injection but I don't do well with oral steroids so I really do not want to do that.

The next step is for me to see a bone specialist but only after the bone scan and a urologist if I refuse to get the Cat scan with dye. The radiologist is insisting I do the Cat scan with dye so not sure what I am going to do.
Thanks for letting me share and for listening and thanks to all of you for your good energy and kind support. (((Hugs))).

Off to my last OT session today. Enjoy a terrific Thursday girls. XO.

Leaving you with a not great photo of potential earrings for me...they will convert it to articulated earrings if I want these earrings. I need to see them in person to see the faceting better but right now might put that on hold as I am not in the mood to make any special trips anywhere due to the medical appointments I now have to schedule.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.59.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 6.01.25 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@marcy your earrings are stunning, and the whole set is just perfect. I would be reaching for them everyday, they look ideal for frequent wear, not just for special occasions. Wear them in good health and happiness.

I’m so sorry your poor DD’s are suffering @Keeliamira, I hope today has brought some good news for both of them. You and your DH certainly don’t need any more stresses to deal with. Ugh to your surgery being delayed, but perhaps in a way it’ll give you time to get DH & DD’s more settled before you’re incapacitated for a while. I hope the migraine shots have helped and you’re not in too much pain now. Your star sapphire is lovely, perhaps everything that’s going on at the moment has taken the edge off the excitement for you?

Enjoy your complete family get together @Tekate, how lovely to all be together in one place. There seems to have been more rain than usual in Texas lately. Have fun.

I hope your brother is doing well @junebug17 , has he done any more remodelling of his place? That’s always the downside of being away, laundry when you get back :(2

It’s a holiday here too this weekend @AV_ but the weather isn’t looking too good for us. I hope it stays fine for you so you can enjoy it.

I’m so sorry @missy , when on earth are you going to get a break? I hope you can find a way to get the tests without having to endure serious side effects from them. There must be other people allergic to the dyes, so another option available? I’m keeping everything crossed that there will be solutions to both issues that can be successful, without you having to be made to feel worse first. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending lots of positive vibes across the ocean. How did the OT session go, have you got more mobility in your finger now? Pretty earrings, but yes, not a priority at the moment.

I hope all is well with you @Mamabean @Calliecake @Sandeek @canuk-gal and @ringo865

Not much going on here, we went to vote in our local council elections, then did our food shopping. Oh the excitement!

Adam & Kim have arrived in Japan, judging by all the food, Kim ate the whole way there :lol:

Have a good Thursday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hate to hear you have some issues and need further tests. Big hugs to you. Sending you mega dust.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @Austina and @marcy. Just got back from OT and I might go for a few more sessions depending on my schedule. I'm doing OK but room for improvement and if my schedule permits I will see her a few more times.

Marcy thank you. You're a dear and I love your hugs. (((HUGS))) right back at ya. Are you wearing your new dangles? They are so lovely. Like you.:kiss2:

Austina hahaha eating their way through Japan. Sounds like heaven. You are right that earrings are not my priority but they do take my mind off things at the moment and that is always a welcome distraction.

I could do the CAT scan with dye if I take prednisone before the scan but I don't want to take an oral steroid as it has many other effects throughout the body and I do not do well with oral steroids in general. SO you can see why I hesitate. That is the only option if I do the CAT scan with dye. Just spoke with the urology office and the urologist said I need the dye to see if I am blocked there but to do without the dye first and we will see where we will go from there. However her first availability is mid August. LOL. So I made that appointment and am not in a rush so it works for me and hopefully whatever it is isn't serious and might even resolve before then ??? A girl can hope right?:pray:

I am waiting for the referral service at my internist office to contact me with the bone scan info and waiting for David to get back to me to let me know if it is OK to get the injection of the Technetium. I am guessing he will say he doesnt know and cannot say for sure it is safe for me. As that is the standard medical answer these days.::)

Somehow I am in a decent mood however so do not worry about me. I am tough and hanging in there and putting it in perspective. I am concerned about the bone issue way more than the kidney issue but that just might be ignorance is bliss thinking.

OK off to workout. Enjoy a wonderful day ladies and thank you for your hugs and support. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I’m a great believer in the power of positive thinking @missy, so you’re right, nothing you can do till August, so in the meantime, put in on the backer burner and try not to worry about it unnecessarily.

A while back, Colin had an issue with one of his kidneys, went for endless tests and scans, and ultimately it turned out not to be anything serious, thank goodness. I’m hoping the same will be true for you, and it’ll be another blip in the highway of life xxxx

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@good morning.

@missy earrings are beautiful Missy, just like you. :) ❤️

If you think you could or would, please get a second opinion on the US of your kidney, it's always best to have 2-?? second opinions.

Are you having bone loss? I lost 1/2 an inch this past year and will address it with my physician when I am back from Austin.

Katie is great and I will tell her you said Hi! :) she is busy with her 'gigs' and painting and visiting the new baby Evan and her Dad comes to the city just about every other weekend. Thank you for asking Missy .

I am sorry all this is going on, I know if you are like me you feel that one slip and it's a fall down that slope when it comes to drugs, will one drug create a problem with one thing that has nothing to do with why you are taking a drug, or in our case dye's. SUCKS. I have a tendency to overeact and become over-wrought so I will try not to do that for you, but as always Missy I say get a 2nd opinion if possible..

How's Greg?

I think being in NYC is the best, you have access to the best medicine in the world. Also you have Bubbalah, looking at her makes my mind go dreamy.. I'm here for you and when I get back I will do my best to get to the city when you are in the city..

Missy thanks so much for all the kind and thoughtful words about my family.. I AM SO LUCKY to know you.. you will never know. Friends for life.

sending you love. ❤️

kate

PS - I'm not implying or saying that anything is terrible I'm just saying that we must take precautions with our health and I totally believe you are in the best care and hands possible truly:)):))

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry for the need for this latest round of tests and I do hope it all turns out to be nothing too serious. I'm glad you're in decent spirits and doing your best to think positively and keep your stress levels down; believe me, I know it's not easy but worrying a lot can take a toll on a person. I think dreaming of new earrings is a healthy and helpful distraction. :saint: A trip to look at some pretty bling might be good for you when you feel up for it :kiss2: The ones you're considering are gorgeous! :love:

@marcy, I do the same thing as you...wear a new piece for a couple of weeks and then once the newness wears off I start alternating with other pieces again. I'm enjoying the ring a lot. Yay to possibly decreasing your team's workload (that's a good thing, right?lol). Nice that Marty is heading home. I'm so glad you are having a great time wearing your new earrings, they really are so very pretty. :love:

@Austina, how exciting Adam and Kim are in Japan! Hope they're having a wonderful time. Dh was in Japan last week for business but just for a few days. Then the California trip, and then a trip to Houston. How that man isn't extremely jet-lagged is a wonder to me lol. My brother is still plugging along on re-tiling his bathroom. It's hard work and he still has a way to go but it's looking great.

Lovely day here - dh is getting home from his trip around 5 so we'll probably take a walk through the neighborhood and enjoy this nice weather. Just the usual here, went to the gym and now doing some things around the house.

Take care all! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Tekate and @junebug17 and @Austina. Appreciate all your good wishes.

@Austina , glad Colin did not have a serious kidney issue.

@Tekate glad Kate is keeping busy and doing well. And I always appreciate your advice. Thank you!

@junebug17 enjoy your walk today. It is a lovely (and warm) day and deserves to be enjoyed outdoors.

(((HUGS))) to all of you lovely ladies.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy CT regarding kidneys & bones... I would not expect to be sent for a CT unless I were halfway to the other world, and wouldn't want to get into one of those those unless I were two thirds there. Are these part of primary diagnostic for you? (I suspect that good old Europe does do things differently)

Here, there is too much to worry about to worry about; I will likely have every expected response to my thesis by the end of May. I have made room for taking tomorrow off since everyone else does, and this took some doing. I am taking seriously what you said about finding lost friends... the ones in academia just require long letters & a few - sleuthing a few degrees of separation.

@Austina I would certainly eat my way through Japan too .) There is zero supply of such exotic stuff here - but, one can get a plate of barnacles in this town & every kind of roe, before it all ships eastward to the people who really know what to do with them.

Then, oh - it is summer: blink & spring went away! Nearly 30ºC mid-town in the afternoon, takig me & my jacket by surprise, as usual.

There is too much to worry about to worry about.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, that is very decent of the internist calling you and talking to you for so long. I hate to hear he is concerned about a bone issue and a swollen kidney. I hope the scan without the dye works okay; sorry the appointment isn’t until August though. Sending you mega dust for these issues to be minor with easy solutions to fix them. I am keeping you in my thoughts. Yay for being almost done with OT on your finger; that’s good to hear it is doing better. I did wear my new dangles again today.

Austina, thank you. I think I’ll reach for me earrings and pendants frequently. You day sounds about as exciting as mine. Glad to hear Adam and Kim arrived safely in Japan. I am glad they were Colin’s kidney issue wasn’t serious.

Kate, I know you are enjoying being with your family.

Junebug, I really like the lacey look of your ring. My problem is I am always thinking of the next piece of jewelry to buy. It would be nice to automate some of our tasks at work. Might get my team to actually work a bit harder and smarter. Nice your DH is getting home today and you can talk a walk. I think Spring might finally be here.

AV, hopefully you wrap up everything with your thesis this month. Enjoy your long weekend.

Marty’s meeting in Denver sounds like it went well. He only walked by one guy he knew but the guy didn’t even notice him. Marty was talking to the VP he met with so didn’t stop to talk to the guy he knew.

I lifted tonight. The few places I wanted to buy supper from were busy so I came home and put something in the oven to bake while I lifted. I need to get the May newsletter finished and posted. I should start on my June article next so I don’t send it off too late.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 I don't know how your dh does it. I would be totally jet lagged too. Nice that your brother is so engaged in the retiling project in his bathroom. That is not an easy job. I bet it will look lovely when he is finished. Hope you had fun yesterday and enjoyed a lovely walk. Have a good Friday. We wouldn't hate more photos of your beautiful ring. Just saying.:sun:

@Tekate I appreciate you worrying for me on my behalf. I made the mistake of reading more about my kidney situation as the NYU radiologist finally released the results in my patient portal. He wrote something about evaluating it for a mass and of course I do not like that word. But I have to wait as I cannot even schedule the CAT scan without contrast till I get in touch with my very busy internist so looks like I have a waiting game on my hands. We are going to be away till next weekend most likely as we have a beach date so all this will have to wait. And I am not going to let it worry me right now as there isn't much I can do. And just so you know I appreciate everything you write and say and all your good wishes. I appreciate everyone's good wishes here. Sending lots of love and hugs right back at ya. What are your weekend plans? Hug sweet Autumn from me and Greg please.

@AV_ please do not worry too much. Remember to put things in perspective. Instead of the energy of worrying put it to a more constructive use and know that you will do your best but try not to think about deadlines and pressure and just enjoy the process as much as you can. Sending you lots of good energy for good writing and I know your thesis evaluation will go very well. I just feel it. Enjoy this lovely day off and the lovely weather you have accompanying it and what fun thinking about long lost friends and possible reunions with them.

@marcy good for you lifting last night and glad it went well. Also good news about Marty's meeting in Denver. Can you believe it is May already? Hope the newsletter writing goes well and is finished very soon. Getting started on your June article already. You are quite industrious. I hear you on always thinking about your next piece of jewelry. I am guilty of this too. LOL.

@Keeliamira just need to say again how much I adore your ring. I am sorry it isn't 100% how you envisioned it but objectively it's gorgeous. And yes you can reset in the future now that you can more clearly see exactly how you want it to be. I am terrible with custom projects and always have trouble envisioning what I want so I probably won't do anymore custom. I think that might be one of the reasons I prefer antique and vintage. They are already beautifully (IMO) completed.

@Sandeek woohoo!!!! So happy for you having your PICC line out finally. Jumping up and down for you here. :appl::appl::appl::appl:
Have a wonderful day and weekend. I know you will!:bigsmile:

@Austina have a good Friday. How long will Adam and Kim be in Japan?

Have a wonderful Friday girls! YAY it is Friday or shall I say FriYAY.:appl: Hugs to everyone.

Leaving you with a photo of some of the newborn kitties and their mom who made a home on my mom's deck.

kittiesonmomsdeck.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results