shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Argh, I always forget to respond to so many things and some things that are important. It has been mentioned that some of us are strong, people tell you Missy that you are strong and I so agree. You know being strong does indeed mean that you are strong, you move forward, you go on, it does not mean that things do not get you down sometimes and you do not cry, we all do. Being strong means many things, being compassionate towards others, putting their needs ahead of ours, going on and persevering despite feeling down and having problems small or big, life is a battle but having the will makes one strong in my opinion.

LLJsMom so you have an LV addiction or no longer?:))) I am a Burberry addict and it is a pretty bad addiction for me. However, as you have said my BB addiction has also been, well, at least, partially replaced by jewelry addiction, I think it is the worst kind when it comes to our wallets but the most fulfilling to me.:))) Unfortunately, my BB addiction is not cured either though I am doing a bit better at it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OV, I hope you have a wonderful time on your mini trip with your husband. Hopefully all will go well with the two of you and you come back feeling better about your relationship.

We need to hear more about this Burberry addiction when you have time to write. I think one of my nieces also has a bit of a Burberry addiction.

Have a great couple of days OV!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Callie! I could surely use some fun, good times would be nice, do not misunderstand it as I said I am content and loving many areas of my life but for once some private fun would be great as well. Yeah, feel free to ask any questions about my BB addicition?:))) I visit regular Burberry stores less often but unfortunately there is a great outlet about 25 miles from where I live, not sure it is unfortunate though as I got myself a gorgeous silk dress there for 75 Euros, definitely worth it. I would love to buy more, been dreaming of a Burberry winter coat for years but somehow it never seems to happen. I could get one for the holidays this year but I always budget for the holidays, not sure why, I spend in the autumn and also when sales are the best around January but not in December. Also, I am thinking of asking for hair extensions for the holidays, I really want to try them, I hate my frizzy, crazy curls my hair does, I want to have more lenght and nicer curls but that also means coloring my hair for the first time in my life, scares me, never wanted to do it, well, I may think one day I could get grey hair but my mom never did and her mom never did either. I do have a couple, probably from my dad's side but that would not justify coloring my hair. OTOH, I always wanted to try some reddish highlights or mahogany, golden tones so I may go for this extension thing with color... will let you know if I do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie! Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely. I am so glad you are getting to spend it with family and loved ones. You have a full schedule and I know you will enjoy both days. I am sorry you are not getting to see your brother though.

Hi Ovi, I hope you have a great trip. Those mini trips can be the best ones and I hope you enjoy quality time with your dh.

Ovi, I know very little about hair extensions except what my hairdresser told me. It can damage our existing hair and make it more fragile so please make sure your hair is strong enough to handle it. I hear you on the frizzy curly hair and would have loved that option but my hairdresser advised me not to do it so I didn't. And get yourself a gorgeous Burberry coat. You deserve it!!!

I did all my exercises today and my toe is really hurting. That EMS/TENS hasn't seemed to be helping yet but I will give it some more time. My friend and I went out for a walk this afternoon and the weather was amazing. Sunny and mild. But now I am back home leg elevated and feeling the discomfort. Victor told me to continue through the toe pain as long as it wasn't too bad. His reasoning is that if I rest while my toe hurts my ankle mobility will regress and he said that my tendonitis is going to take a long time to resolve so resting it out is not a good option for me. As you wrote Ovi life is a big battle and I feel that more than ever but not giving up!

Yes I am seeing my darling nieces and it has been too long. I am looking forward to it and hope I will be feeling OK that day.
And my Thanksgiving invite is open for whatever Thanksgiving you want to visit! Maybe we can entice Callie and Marcy and a few other PSers to join us. The more the merrier. Haha Greg won't mind the extra cooking and baking... :bigsmile:

Thank you both for your kind words. My will might be tested and it might take a beating but it will not break. Don't worry. And you are so right Callie in that the kindness of others really does help one persevere. I want you to both know I think you are very special too and your support means so much to me. Sometimes when I am very down I remember how encouraging and kind you are to me and it lifts my spirits. It does make a difference and this Thanksgiving I am grateful for all that unconditional support. (((Hugs))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy TG to all you lovely ladies! Travel safe and keep well, and avoid giant cactus! (especially on black Friday!) :D

cheers--Sharon

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls, hi Missy, yes, I think it is definitely a good idea to keep moving, of course do not strain your legs and feet too much but as long as you keep moving the soft tissues are not damaged further, I know my mom has always advised me to do so with joint and other problems, since the toe was not fractured (right?), eventually and hopefully it should help. Of course with fractures you have to be very careful not to overdo it but some exercise even if moderate and some walking should help in the long run even if first you seem to be feeling more pain. I think you are definitely on the road to recovery. I hear you on life being a battle, believe me I know this too but of course if I had to go through what you are going through on top of it all then I would surely feel the challenge even more. We are always here for you and do write, vent, whatever you need to do. Now with TG coming, hopefully you will have lots of fun and happiness surrounding you. I just hope you get help with the work so you do not get even more pain.

Yes, doing a PS TG would be sooo much fun or just doing a meeting sometimes in NYC, does not even have to be TG.

Ah, I never thought about the hair extensions damaging my hair, at the salon I go to even a hairdresser had it done and it looks really nice on her, very natural, many can be done so badly but hers was done very nicely so it gave me the idea but if it causes my own hair to weaken and frizz even more then not sure that is a great idea. I will definitely look into this but since I had my hair cut shorter than I like last year and it is still shoulder length and so hard to deal with I was so looking forward to getting this done, thanks for the heads up Missy, at least I know to research it before I do it.

I should go to sleep but today I took a nap as there was no electricity the whole day, no morning coffee, end of the world for me, headache, not being able to do anything until it came back on. One cannot imagine how much we rely on electricity, I mean no internet, no hot water, no nada for me. So I think I overslept a bit and now I am not sleepy but since we are leaving tomorrow I should definitely get myself to bed soon.

I do wish everyone a wonderful holiday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi you wonderful ladies! We are the energizer thread. No matter the trials or challenges that cross our path we keep going and going. Yeah!

Missy, the weather has been beautiful here. Right now everyone is outside around the fire pit. I went out to say hi. My allergies and desire to not run in to evil spiders is keeping me inside. We saw a scorpion in the garage today. Aak! I bet a sports message therapist might have some different ideas and techniques for you. I think trying a different therapy isn't a bad idea at all. You won't know if it helps unless you give it a try. I am glad to hear your face is doing better with warmer weather. I am delighted to hear you and Greg had a lovely weekend. I am glad to hear you got all of your therapy done today but sorry to hear your toe is talking to you about it. I know you are excited to see your nieces for Thanksgiving. A PS get together does sound fun.

Hi Sharon! I hope your TG was a good one last month. I don't think I'll be doing any Black Friday shopping this year.

Callie, you have a fun and busy week lined up. My nieces live far away too and I get very excited when we get to see them. Your position on your dad is right on the mark. He is your dad and you don't want to look back on something with regret. You did exactly what I would have done. I am glad you feel blessed with you life. I have been blessed as well. Between my parents and Marty I've had a wonderful life. The rest of it is bumps or potholes in the road of life. I will tell Marty the rabbit wants something from Tiffany's. He'd look good on top of one of those blue boxes. Thanks for the idea!

Ovi, this is the most relaxed and normal I've felt in a long time. I think a vacation was long overdue. I hope you enjoy your vacation this week. It sounds like you deserve some down time as well. I really like your thorough and thoughtful description of being strong. Excellent! I will have to check out Burberry. I almost bought an Armani bag today. Half price was $550. It wasn't the color I was looking for though. Let us know what you decide to do with your hair. It all sounds fun. Being without electricity is not fun. With Marty traveling to countries in Africa he sure has anew appreciation for what we take for granted. I hope your headache is better.

I went to Safeway by myself this morning. Kind of got lost going and coming back but I was always int he general area. This afternoon we went to an outlet mall. I picked up some of the Clinque cleanser I typically use because the neutrogena bar was making me a little itchy. Marty got a half priced silk shirt from Tommy Bahamas.

Tomorrow is more golf for Marty and supper at the in-laws.

Have a great Tuesday!
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I can't wait to hear about you equipment lesson with Victor tomorrow. Don't forget the coffee.

OV, Another option for your hair could be the clip on extensions. I have them and wear them if we are going somewhere special and I want my hair to look thicker. I have really thin hair so they really help. I've never had any damage to my hair due to the clips, but as I said I don't use them often. My hair is darker now so I need to purchase a darker hair set. The are human hair and look completely natural. They might be a good option for you.

Marcy, It sounds like your having a great time. My husband is like Marty. If we were in Arizona I would find him most mornings on the golf course. We had snow here today, so Arizona sounds wonderful. You and Marty certainly deserve some much need time away.

You rabbit would look great on top of a Tiffany's box. Heck, I'd look great on top of a Tiffany's box. Okay, that,is definately an exaggeration. But you you know what I mean. I can't believe you are going jewelry and bag shopping without us! I hope you come home with lots of great finds.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Cool Marcy, it does indeed sound like you are having fun! I wish I could join you in outlet shopping. I did tell you girls that I love shopping in Vienna and because I work there, I get a discount at most downtown boutiques, which is nice but also am among the firt to find out about sales. What I love about shopping in Vienna is that there are a trillion of great little boutiques that you do not really find in other cities anymore, many custom made shoe stores, unusual brands and stuff of great quality, many niche perfume stores, etc., just a different selection from what you would normally find elsewhere, i.e., not only street brands and big brands. My favorite clothing store is a lot like that too with lesser known American, French and Italian designers. If I buy something there I know that I will not find others wearing it. In addition, I do love certain brands but often go to the outlets for those because Burberry here had a huge selection of coats in early fall and they always have a few things I really love. I do at times shop at their regular stores too but love hunting the outlets.

The Armani outlet is next to Burberry at the outlets and been there, they have nice things, my only problem is that the one dress we bought there for my Birthday really shrunk when I washed it so I am not sure about the quality. It may have just been that one piece and it was only Armani Jeans, fortunately I was able to save it. I need to have my bag and shoe addiction under control. I could buy a new bag every two weeks and then not wear it for the next two years. I have not worn the Burberry wedges I bought early spring and they are gorgeous. I am really awful this way. I made a promise to myself that I will definitely wear them this coming spring and summer. They are unique and definitely more for special occassions or days off, I definitely wore the Tod's sandals I got 50 % off, they were a great buy, gorgeous classic black patent leather heeled sandals but very comfy too. I have also worn the ankle boot wedges I got and they are gorgeous but very high and that would not be a problem but they gave me terrible blisters. I will try them again though as that was the gala dinner of Diamond Vienna and while walking I tripped and that was when my foot got hurt and got blisters exactly there. Do tell us what you end up buying Marcy! Are you going bling shopping to Tiffany's? Exciting.

Being a bad girl. I need to stop thinking about shopping right now though I am positive that once the sales start I will hit the stores. I saw a stunning black leather dress at my fave store, I am keeping an eye on that though not positive that it will go on sale, it is already well priced for a leather dress and it is a really gorgeous, classic one.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Leaving soon while DH is running some errands. Tonight will be nice as if all goes well I end up with a new piece of bling myself, it is a jewelry making trip too, of course I cannot share it here but it is fun to share the thought and fun. I am sure you girls will, well, hopefully, all get stunning bling for the holidays!:))) TG is so lovely, enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies!

Sharon, thanks for stopping by, happy holidays to you as well and wishing you a very happy birthday on the 27th.

Ovi, I love electricity and value it every single day. The reason being is I have lived through a few blackouts (some lasting quite a substantial time) and it was extremely difficult and unpleasant. So I know what you mean about relying on it and glad your power came back on relatively quickly.

I hope you and your dh are enjoying your trip right now! And I vote for you to get that leather dress when you come back. :appl:

Oh and I wish you could share what bling you got but surely it would be OK to just tell us what you got right? I mean not share pics (sad about that though) but just tell us what you got and how it looks and how you are enjoying it. That should be OK I hope. Anyway really hope it is exactly what you want and that you love it.

Marcy, I'm glad the weather is cooperating where you are and glad you are really enjoying the rest and relaxation that only a good vacation can bring.
But please be careful of those scorpions. :errrr: I hear rabbits eat them though so...And my vote is yes for something for you (and the scorpion eating rabbit) from Tiffany's. :bigsmile:

Callie, are you ready for thanksgiving and your families? Only one more day! How is your mom doing? The snow you have is coming our way tomorrow I think but it's not supposed to be a lot of snow. Did you guys get a significant amount? Hope you are staying nice and warm and cozy.

Greg will be cooking up a storm tomorrow and I cannot wait as I will get to sample (I hope!) all the goods being home all day with him. This is the first time I will be home for the pre-Thanksgiving cookathon that Greg does the Wed before so looking forward to all the good smells and perhaps sampling I will enjoy tomorrow hehehe.

Victor arrived at 6:30 AM this morning and it was still pretty dark out. He was very energetic and showed us a lot on the Reformer (and kicked our butts lol) but I really could not absorb all the exercises. He had written down all the exercises beforehand though and gave it to us as a reminder. Plus Greg was there and we both got to do them so hopefully we are able to remember them but if not we also have DVD's for the reformer and will have Victor come at least another couple of times I think. It is important to have the right form when doing the exercises. It is challenging but fun and I love Pilates. I cannot believe I never tried it before.

Skin and toe are acting up but I am going to keep moving forward and take it all one day at a time no matter how overwhelming it feels atm. As soon as the weather turned cooler this afternoon BAM facial seb derm and itching started acting up again. This is just another vote for moving someplace warm without too many temp swings.

Enjoy the evening and hope everyone is happy and well.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm just catching up with everyone. Work has been busy. Almost to the weekend...

Ok, I'm reading a lot about shopping Ovi and Marcy (Armani bag) :Up_to_something: . Yay!! Sounds like you girls are having lots of light-hearted easy fun. Yay! Sometimes we just need that.

Ovi I'm going to ask a really stupid question, but why are you in Vienna? Are you on vacation or do you live there, or work? Sorry, probably should read all the back pages, but there are a lot. Yes, I am putting another red epi noe on the ebay chopping block this weekend. I don't know how I can covet something so much, buy it, and then not love it the way I thought I would. I frustrate myself. I have a burberry wallet I'm selling too, but I'm sure you wouldn't want it cause it's used, and since you're an addict, you would want it brand spanking new without any blemishes. Are you planning on buying bling too?

Callie, just out of curiosity, what state are you located in? Or country?

Marcy, Arizona does sound so lovely. Shopping, eating, sunshine, warm weather...

Missy, awesome that you had a great reformer class today. I want to try that thing at the gym that looks like a jungle gym. Weather can affect eczema a lot. I had it on and off in my 20s, and being in GA for a business trip for a week cleared it up. I think it was the humidity for me. so weird. Hope you have a good skin day tomorrow.

My FIL is doing better. Colonoscopy was today, and it's clean! We were so worried b/c he was discharged on Thursday, went back in on Friday, and has been there until today. However, hopefully they will not discharge him until they are completely sure.

For TG weekend, I am going to InterGem just to look at bling all day. So I must admit I am having a pretty hard time NOT buying bling until I receive my ring from Victor. I really want to just buy substitute bling until I get my ring. The bluenile sale is really tempting. Nice basics for 50% off until 11/26. .75ctw pave eternity band for $860.

http://www.bluenile.com/holiday-exclusives/black-friday-preview?tempcurr=USD&click_id=507264286 Use code "PREVIEW14".

So I'm buying things for the kids just to keep me from buying things for myself. Tons of winter gear at REI to get ready for skiing. They grow out of their stuff so fast.

Ok, sorry gotta run. Gotta brush my teeth so I stop eating.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom! Great news about your FIL!!! So happy for you and your family! I hope you and your family can now enjoy a happy thanksgiving with much to give thanks for. Have a great holiday and continued recovery PS dust being sent your FIL's way. :appl:

Have fun at Intergem this weekend! So wish I could join you. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! Happy Thanksgiving!

Callie, you and the rabbit would look good on top of a Tiffany box. I did look at Tiffanys, Cartier and several handbag stores today but came home empty handed. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. Stay safe and warm from the snow.

Ovi, I did go in to Burberrys today. They had some nice things. Your shopping options sound divine both in uniqueness and being able to get a discount sometimes. Such a deal! I didn't buy a thing today but sure enjoyed shopping. I was most tempted by things for the house or kitchen but hate to fly that kind of stuff home with me. I hope you get a nice new piece of bling. I agree with Missy hopefully you can post a picture of it here or at least tell us about it. I hope you are enjoying your trip.

Missy, we did take the rabbit and my little teddy bear to the shopping mall today but I left them in the car. It was beautiful here again today. It looks like your part of the country is going to get smacked with snow. Stay safe and warm! Being home with Greg during his cookathon will be great. Of course he should let you sample everything. How wonderful of Victor to come bright and early to get you guys going with your new reformer. You two will have all those exercises memorized soon.

LLJsmom, going home this weekend is going to be tough. I am so glad to hear your FIL is doing better and the tests came back clean. You have quite the shopping plans lined up. Have fun at Intergem!

I hope all of you have a wonderful wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Marty got fitted for golf clubs at Ping today. I am sure he is going to buy clubs soon. We were at the mall about 3 hours then headed back to the in-laws. All of us went out for pizza for supper. I can't believe we only have a few more days left here.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Marcy, it sounds like Marty is going to be getting a new set of golf clubs and I am sure that will make him very happy.Perhaps you might return to Tiffany (haha), Cartier and Burberry with the bunny and the teddy bear and find exactly the right gift for them now (and you). :bigsmile:

LLJsmom, hoping your FIL is feeling well and stronger each day and that he is home very soon!

Callie, I hope you are enjoying the love and warmth of your family right now and looking forward to a wonderful thanksgiving with them all.

Ovi, I hope your trip is turning out even better than you hoped and that you and your dh are having an amazing time together and enjoying each others company and support and love. Oh and that you bought gorgeous bling that you can at least describe to us in detail (with a pic or 2?). :halo:

Kristie, Rainwood, Junebug, ROL, Begonia, TechieTechie, Gypsy, DiamondSeeker, Kelinas, Deb, MissGotRocks, Laurie, Sharon, Sakuracherry, Rosetta, Rosebloom, Kasey, luv2sparkle, Tourmaline, chemgirl,TooPatient, Sparkleu, moneymeister, lyra, arkieb, Sky, makemepretty, mary poppins, texasj, baby nurse, yenny, Dancing Fire, Sarah, Mochike, Mary, Zoe, JaneSmith, Woofmama, Movie Zombie, Monnie, Gregchang, Andelain, Aoife, 04diamond<3, Lara, Polished, hlmr, misskittycat, CJ2008, Lilmisfit, AlexT, Phoenix, mn_shopaholic, alexah, Jimmianne, iLander, Circe, Smores, Dragonfly, Perry, Ginger, Enerchi, Bellamezzo, Aprilbaby, lulu, VRBeauty, Indylady, army wife, Trekkie, Redwood, Isaku, diamondrnglover, bbziggy, rainy daze, mom2boys, tyty, swingirl, Elliott, DeeJay, Siamese, Stepcutnut, Boatluvr, minidancer and to everyone else who is reading this thread and wishing me well
I am wishing all of you a very happy and loving Thanksgiving with all the best for a good year ahead filled with health and happiness (and a little bling wouldn't be bad either haha)! (((HUGS))) to everyone.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I hope you toe and face feel better today. In so happy you are loving your Pilates reformer. Just don't over do it. How is your weather? Did you get hit with lots of snow? I worry about you getting around now that there is snow. Please be very careful.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family today. Enjoy your precious nieces today.

I saw my niece yesterday. I swear she has the same skin condition you have. She was so upset and it doesn't seem to be getting better yet. She said the past few days had been really bad. We have also been experiencing cold and windy weather here. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she has the same type of condition you have. She called her dermatologist on Monday but there were no appointments available until January. Her best friend was able to get her an appointment with her doctor in two weeks. She was too funny yesterday. She had a cute pair of leggings and boots. When I told her her outfit was cute she said she was trying to take the focus off her face and on her butt. Funny girl.

Marcy, I'm so glad your having a wonderful time. Enjoy that Arizona weather while you can! It's freezing here in Chicago.

OV, I hope you are enjoying your time away but we all miss you!

LLJsmom, What wonderful news about your father-one-law. That makes today all the more special. Enjoy your precious children and family today. I live in Illinois, in a suburb of Chicago. You can come here and go shopping with me anytime!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for you all! You have all made me smile on so many occasions these past few months! Thank you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi missy! I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving as well - have a wonderful day with your family, I'm so happy you're getting to spend some time with your nieces, sounds like you've really been missing them and I know you adore them! :appl:

Marcy, enjoy your last few days of vacation! I'm glad you were able to get away for a while. Oh, and I never told you I love your new shutters!

LLJsmom, glad to hear the good news about your fil - hopefully he'll be able to head home soon - I know how hard this is on everyone. You must be going crazy waiting for your gorgeous ring! I can't wait to see it.

Callie, have a great Thanksgiving with your family - It sounds like it will be a wonderful 2 days for you!

Ovi, so nice you were able to get away for a bit, sounds like a fun trip and I think you might be home by now? I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug, I was so happy when I saw your post. How are you? How has your mom been doing? Do have plans with your family today? I know your life has been very busy with caring for your mom but I hope you are taking care of yourself too.

I miss seeing your posts! :wavey:

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! MIssy :wavey:
I just wanted to say
Happy thanksgiving!! hope you have wonderful thanksgiving.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1417104758|3791261 said:
Hi Missy, I hope you toe and face feel better today. In so happy you are loving your Pilates reformer. Just don't over do it. How is your weather? Did you get hit with lots of snow? I worry about you getting around now that there is snow. Please be very careful.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family today. Enjoy your precious nieces today.

I saw my niece yesterday. I swear she has the same skin condition you have. She was so upset and it doesn't seem to be getting better yet. She said the past few days had been really bad. We have also been experiencing cold and windy weather here. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she has the same type of condition you have. She called her dermatologist on Monday but there were no appointments available until January. Her best friend was able to get her an appointment with her doctor in two weeks. She was too funny yesterday. She had a cute pair of leggings and boots. When I told her her outfit was cute she said she was trying to take the focus off her face and on her butt. Funny girl.

Marcy, I'm so glad your having a wonderful time. Enjoy that Arizona weather while you can! It's freezing here in Chicago.

OV, I hope you are enjoying your time away but we all miss you!

LLJsmom, What wonderful news about your father-one-law. That makes today all the more special. Enjoy your precious children and family today. I live in Illinois, in a suburb of Chicago. You can come here and go shopping with me anytime!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for you all! You have all made me smile on so many occasions these past few months! Thank you!

Hi Callie! Haha, you really know me because that is my problem. I tend to go overboard and overdo. It takes me 3 hours everyday from start to finish of my workout routine because of all the leg and ankle exercises I have added to my routine and then the treadmill walking which I had not been doing before the accident. It is a long workout every day and not sure how much longer I will be able to keep it up. But I am not over stressing my ankle don't worry. Nice and easy.

I feel for your niece because it is much more difficult at her age than I am re appearance. She is at a different place in her life whereas I am an old married lady and I know Greg loves me no matter what. Though don't get me wrong I am miserable with my face itching and hurting and looking a mess. It's just that as difficult as it is for me I can only imagine it is that much more difficult for your dear niece. I wish I had some words of wisdom for her and if I find anything that provides relief for me I will let you know just in case it helps her. The weather has definitely been making it worse for us. And lol on what she said about taking attention off her face. I guess I do the same thing too. Luckily we both enjoy fashion. I think a certain aunt should consider getting her those TDF boots... :halo:

I am so glad you are enjoying time with your family!

Junebug, thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a wonderful thanksgiving with your loved ones! We miss you and hope you come back soon and share more with us. (((Hugs))).

Flower, hi and thank you for the happy thanksgiving wishes. Hope you also had a lovely time with your family and friends. It always goes so fast. We had a great time and ate too much and have lots of leftovers. That's always the plan though. My dh cooks up a storm so we have lots of yummy thanksgiving leftovers all week. I think I am up to the task of finishing all of the leftovers. :devil:

And here are a few thanksgiving pics for your viewing pleasure...

myniecesthanksgiving2014.jpg

auntmissybethanyandalexathanksgiving2014.jpg

unclegregbethanyandalexathanksgiving2014.jpg

endofanotheryummythanksgiving2014.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
now onto the main event... the food pics. :lickout: I just got pics of some of the dishes unfortunately because for some reason my dh didn't understand why I had to take pics of food haha. Men. :bigsmile:
And may I just add that he really outdid himself with the apple pie this year. It is always amazing but this year it was even better.

yummyappleandpumpkinpie2014.jpg

butternutsquashandsweetpotatoesbaked2014.jpg

fresshcornandstringbeans2014.jpg

applepiecloseup.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful TG. Your happy wishes and lovely pictures (Missy) made me happy!

Missy, I know it's probably not any comfort, but I can see only a perfect complexion from these pictures. I'm sorry you don't feel that way. At least it's well hidden. :) Your nieces look so sweet and super CUTE!! I love the braids. And seriously, all those veggies!! And the apple pie. I seriously WISH I had apple pie to eat. :(( My sister in law is a great cook, BUT her desserts are always SUPER sweet. You know, like you when you bite into it you wish they cut the sugar in half. Anyway, I want to hold that whole dish of apple pie up to my mouth and take a HUGE bite. :drool: Btw, you and your DH look so sweet together. It makes me smile to see you both looking so happy in your pic. My DH is irritating the hell out of me now.

Thank you for the kind wishes and comments about my FIL. He is better, and at home, but not so good at being disciplined in his diet. It's ok. One hurdle at a time...

How are you guys all doing with shopping so far? Anyone venture out on TG night? We were driving home tonight and saw mall parking lots FULL!! I've been good so far, but am really tempted by BGD's sale...

Hi Ovi, you said you were a Burberry nut? Ok, girl, I'll post one pic. Hope it's not against the rules. I'm about to put this bag on ebay cause I swear I never use it. It's gorgeous and had it for about 5-6 years, but nope, doesn't make it into my rotation. I'm an LV nut.

I'm also putting this one up too. I don't know why I don't use these bags. Oh, yeah. I do. My mom shows them to me and tells me how gorgeous and beautiful they are and how they can go with anything. (She is the worst enabler. I know. My mom.) And then I buy it and then I don't use it. Argh!! But I am so proud. Since I got addicted to jewelry, the most I have bought is a purple LV epi wallet.

Anyway girls, let me know if you're interested. I will figure out a way to send you more pics. In the meantime, I'll just throw them in here, but no pressure at all. Just sharing cause I'm so proud of myself for learning how to sell on ebay.

Callie, IL huh? Cool town. I just looked up the weather. Kinda cold there already huh? When do you expect the snow to start? Just curious cause we keep hoping for ski weather here!

Marcy, thanks for the happy shopping wishes. I'm a little intimidated really cause I haven't been out shopping after TG for years. But I will try to focus on seeing bling. That will cheer me up. If only you or all you guys could be here, would make bling shopping SOOOO much more fun.

Junebug thank you for empathizing. I'm trying not to email Victor, just to make myself feel better. After I dropped the ring off, I only emailed him 4-5 times. Since then, I've been sitting on my fingers. WHY does it take so long? Can't he just wiggle his nose or snap his fingers?!

Ok, by Sunday, I want loot updates!

_24656.jpg

_24657.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning LLJsmom. I am so glad your FIL is back home and sorry about him not being diet disciplined. Hopefully he will start being more careful and hope you guys are enjoying the holidays together!

I wish I could send you some apple pie because my dh bakes it perfectly with organic granny smith apples and all fresh ingredients from the local farmer's market. Not too sweet at all as he cuts the sugar on purpose. He did outdo himself this year with the pie. I mean I am usually very careful in how much dessert I eat and this year well let's just say I had more than usual hehe.

My nieces actually baked my favorite dessert for me (usually my sister does but they took over this year) and don't tell my dh it's my favorite lol. It's just I am a huge pb fan. I put the rest in the freezer to enjoy little by little as pb does not agree with me really but I just cannot resist this dessert. Which is a good reason I only have it sparingly (usually).

Thanks for the skin compliment but that's all dermablend. I don't wear much makeup usually but unfortunately when my skin is acting up I have to and that is where I sing the praises of dermablend cover creme. It cannot cover everything but it does the best job of anything out there for me. Also, I did apply steroid creme the night before thanksgiving and that morning so that is cheating because it does temporarily calm things down. I must resist the urge to keep applying the topical steroid because in the long run it will make my skin MUCH worse. It's hard to resist that because the itching and irritation is making me so uncomfortable.

Those bags are gorgeous! I love them. Did you list them on ebay? I am sorely tempted even though I am not in the market for another bag.

Callie, Marcy, Ovi and everyone else, I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful thanksgiving!!!

myniecesbakedformepbheaven.jpg

enjoyingthepbchocobrownies.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Missy, Your nieces are so cute! They are at such a fun age. How I miss thiose little girl giggles. The pictures are adorable and you can tell they are having a wonderful time. I remember our nieces sitting in the back of the car laughing so hard. They would get to the point where they couldn't stop, calm down for a second and start up all over again. I miss that so much. Don't get me wrong, they really are amusing at any age. I still have so much fun with them. Did your mom and dad have a good time? How is your mom's knee feeling now.

Greg looks like quite the cook. Everything looks so delicious and healthy. Lucky you! I used to cook and bake all the time in my twenties but I'm terrible now. I never cook. For years my husband was so picky and hated everything, then he started traveling and was never home. When I was working I worked until late and was in bed early so we went out a lot, which was so nice. We still eat out a lot or I'll make simple stuff at home. It's sounds as though we may have cooking in common Missy.

We had so much fun yesterday. My nieces baby is adorable and so entertaining. I missed having my other brothers family with us. My nieces called yesterday morning and we are all planning a shopping day together soon. My husband and I stopped at a baby clothes store last night on our way home. I can't believe the deals we received on baby clothes and luckily it wasn't too busy. One of my girl friends called yesterday to tell me her daughter is expecting. She was so excited.

Today we are going to my husbands family Thanksgiving. All this food is killing me. Missy you have to get me off my butt and exercising. Please shame me into it.

OV, I hope you buy that leather dress as soon as you get back into town. I hear it calling your name from here.

LLJsmom, I'm so happy your father in law is doing better and totally understand about the diet. They get stubborn as they age. Hopefully you will be able to get through to him that he needs to eat better.

We have already had a small amount of snow in Chicago. When are you coming here? Yes it is very cold here already. The older I get the more I dislike the cold. I believe got into the teens last night. I wouldn't trade heated seats in the car for anything! Best invention ever.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, nieces are so fun aren't they? I wish I had some. My husband's sister is going to be single forever and I'm an only child so no luck for me. My kids will never have cousins. I should just pop out a couple more kids. (Not gonna happen). Anyhoo, I bet it's staring to feel like winter in Chicago right? White Christmas...

Missy, I just KNEW your hubby used organic apples. I swear I can taste that pie. I bet it's a little tart even. Drool... I put the second bag on ebay already. That one is Marc Jacobs (not Marc by Marc). I'm saving the Burberry for Ovi just in awe she likes it. I have the posting ready to go. It's funny cause I love the bag and I don't want to let it go cause I have hoarding issues. But when I see how beautiful it is and it's sitting in my closet, it makes me sad too. I feel like it should be out there, meaning in public and in sunlight for many eyes to appreciate. Weird right?

Hoarding and accumulating. I am trying not to make the same mistake with my jewelry purchases. I want to buy only the pieces I will wear freququently. As I grow older, I am more aware of the idea of not wanting to waste things. And buying something just to have it sit there is not acceptable to me anymore. What's even funnier is that my mom now wants to sell on ebay. She has so many designer bags that she never uses. I am going to try to help her sell too. She has worse hoarding issues than me because she grew up really poor. When she made enough money to buy, she went all out. But strangely enough, she used the cheap bags and let's closets of LV bags just sit there.

Sorry enough about hoarding issues, etc. My DH and I are at the bike store and he is shopping for a new road bike. I don't bike but I'm supportive. I'm happy he's motivated to be active.

Some of these can get expensive!

_24678.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Callie, I have to admit, I'm really touched that you're thinking of me! Yes, I got a bit of a break this week - I usually go to my mother's on Thursdays and stay over until Friday but I stayed home with my family on Thanksgiving Day - and celebrated in an untraditional way…eating Chinese food and watching football! Today my husband, my two kids and I drove up to my mother's with Thanksgiving dinner and spent the day with her. Everything worked out fine but I just felt really stressed and am wiped out right now. I'm going to enjoy the next few days at home and then will head back up to my mother's on Monday morning. I'm going to try to get a jump on some Christmas decorating over the weekend but I'm such a procrastinator! I'm glad you had a great time with your family. I know what you mean about all the food though - I've been eating non-stop for two days lol Hopefully I won't go crazy on the leftovers tomorrow, but I can't make any promises! :devil:

Missy, that food looks wonderful, your dh is amazing in the kitchen, much better than I'll ever be ha! Thank you for sharing the pics of you, dh, and your nieces - I know this is going to sound kind of weird, but I found myself feeling a little emotional (in a good way!!) seeing you smiling and happy and hugging your dh. I know you have dark days, and things are rough for your right now and you get really down sometimes, and that is completely understandable - but my day was made by seeing that beautiful smile on your face! You've got a lot of strength inside you missy, even though you don't always think so. And your nieces are so cute!!! I miss my kids being that age - children are so much fun. I love how much they enjoy life, even the small things.

LLJsmom, glad to hear fil is doing better! Hopefully he will start adjusting and accepting his diet, it's really hard for older people to make changes, and frustrating for those who are trying to keep them healthy! I run into this with my mother as well. Your bags are gorgeous!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

I missed so much action here! Missy how are you feeling? You look awesome like you have never ever been sick in your life before, Greg is so handsome and cute too, you are a great couple and he looks really sweet! Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving, my American friends are celebrating it with parties today, however, I cannot go, I am going to the Russian ball in Vienna, it is a work related thing and I am not a big ball person, this one is huge with 1500 people, we shall see. Today I will be sitting at the salon the whole day.

Ah, the leather dress, it is not in the shop window anymore but right now I am trying to be good or rather I am really going crazy about and for bling. Unfortunately, I cannot talk about it here because I am a trade person and this is what I do, so I do not buy bling, we make it but yes something is in progress for me, not done yet, by next Wednesday and this is why I am not buying clothes and other stuff. Also, I fell for a colored stone this week, not too pricey and perfect for a ring so this is another reason I am holding off on other purchases a bit. I go through stages, sometimes I buy clothers and shoes and other stuff but stones fascinate me more than anything else and love bling more than anything else. You know in an ideal world right now I would be buying everything because I got the shopping bug.:))) Well, sometimes I do just that but I am also waiting for sales starting, here they will start on the first. Sadly, I cannot share pix of bling, sorry about this, it would be great if we could discuss everything and this does limit me but I cannot talk about my private collections either. Work is such an important part of life especially when my work is my ultimate passion so it is tough not to share it. This year I also decided to make things for family members, so quite busy privately as well.

LLJsMom I love your bags, beautiful, really, I do not know the rules pertaining to posting pix of bags that will go up for sale but I would think that it is ok to share pix. I have no idea how to find you on the bay but will try.:))) Love your second bag. My best friend is an LV nut as well though she does like BB as well just not as much as LV. I like certain things LV very much but somehow I have always been a BB fan and when I first started shopping at higher end stores, I received such amazing customer service at BB and at the LV store locally they were not so nice so I stuck to BB where I also developed really good relationships with the sales people.

I promise I will write more soon, this part of the year is very busy but will respond to everyone, so nice to hear about all of you!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Of course I missed things, LLJsMom really you saved the bag for me? That is so sweet! I have no clue what to say here but perhaps there is a way that we can connect as I would love to know all about it.:)))

Junebug hi! Nice to have you here!

Callie you are so very sweet for saying that you missed me! I promise that I will come back tomorrow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I agree. Nieces are so much fun and I look forward to the day I can go on shopping trips with mine as you do with yours. I am sorry you couldn't spend time with your brother's family this thanksgiving and I hope you get to see them soon. It sounds like you had a lovely visit with the family you did get to spend time with and I am very happy about that.

LOL about the food and exercise. I hear you Callie! I am enjoying all the leftovers despite some of it being nutritionally challenged haha. Hey it's only once (well a bit more than that) a year so might as well enjoy! As for exercise I can be your cheerleader and partner in crime there too. I am not just a bling enabler. :cheeky: What's your poison? Power walking, gym rat, swimming? Cycling, Rumba Pilates? Do you prefer a solitary workout or a group endeavor? You name it and I will cheer you on. Unfortunately I have no choice right now as for my workout routine which is getting impossibly long each day due to my necessity to work on ankle ROM and leg strength but that means I am motivated so I guess that's something.

I agree. Heated car seats are the best invention (in the cold weather)! And A/C is the best invention in the hot weather! :appl:

LLJsmom Ooh that's a pretty bike. I miss my tandem and cycling and sometimes I worry I won't want to (or won't be able to) get back on the bike but trying not to think ahead too far. Did your dh get a bike yesterday? Please tell him not to use the Shimano SPD pedals. Did you buy anything yesterday for yourself?

How is your FIL doing now? I hope with each day he is feeling stronger and healthier and enjoying having his family with him.

Junebug, I missed you too! I am so glad you got a bit of a break this holiday and enjoyed your family on Thanksgiving day. And enjoy the weekend too. You so deserve some rest and relaxation and I wish we could take you somewhere that you could really get some lovely away time without worry and stress!

Thank you for your (always) kind words. I did enjoy the day with my family despite everything I am dealing with right now. Please skip if you are not in the mood to hear anything unpleasant I totally understand. Sometimes just writing it down makes me feel a bit better.

My skin is just worse than ever and despite my wanting to be resolute in not mentioning it here I just broke that resolve lol. It's itchy, red and well, a mess. I keep trying different topicals and I know that might not be the smartest way to deal with it but it is so angry and irritated I feel desperate to find something to calm it down besides steroids.

I bought a humidifier and had that on last night in the hopes that would help but it didn't yet. I applied aquaphor to the reddest area around my nose over the Promiseb. And I have yet to find a moisturizer that doesn't sting. I am waiting on a few more things I bought from Amazon that are being shipped from Bulgaria of all places. Oh and yes I ordered some dead sea salt that arrived last night but now am afraid to apply to my face haha. That's what I do. I order stuff in the heat of the moment and then rethink what the heck did I do LOL. I mean I overnighted a lot of this stuff to me which is not cheap and then let it sit there. :oops: I literally spent well over a thousand dollars on my face products in the last few weeks. Sad. Very sad.

But on to happier things now. We are all enjoying the holiday weekend and for that I am thankful and so pleased that you ladies are having such a lovely time with loved ones.

Ovi, the Russian Ball sounds like so much fun! I love fancy affairs and getting all dolled up and going out! I hope you have a blast. I totally understand about you not being able to share pics and info about the bling but I hope whatever you got (get) you love and enjoy!
Enjoy the rest of your trip and do come back and tell us all about it. Have fun tonight at the ball!

Marcy, we are thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying the sunny and warm weather! See you soon I hope. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope I didn't infer that I don't want to you to share when you are feeling upset and down!!! Because I actually feel exactly the opposite - I think it is really important, and healthy, for you to share your feelings, the good the bad and the ugly, but especially the bad and the ugly! Those emotions are much better released than being left to build up and smolder inside of you. I know for myself that I have felt better just posting here on PS, in fact I'm amazed by how much it helps sometimes. I see a therapist once a week, and honestly the main reason I go is to just let out how I am truly feeling - and in my particular case, it helps me cope a bit better - just letting all the "not- so -nice" stuff out. So please, share whatever you're feeling with us, I'll bet it's very cathartic for you.

I am just so sorry about your skin, I can totally understand how upsetting, and frustrating, this is for you. And the fact that it hurts makes it even worse! :knockout: I was also thinking that maybe it's the dryness of the air that's irritating your skin, I'm hoping the humidifier eventually helps. What's really frustrating is you don't know what's causing this (I don't think, I might have missed it), so it's basically a guessing game at this point, which is maddening. I can see where you would want to try a bunch of different things, I'd be the same way. I'm really hoping you get some relief from this soon, it's really the last thing you need!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results