shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I only have a few minutes but I wanted to tell you how cool your new piece of equipment looks. I can't wait to hear how it works for you. I'm glad your toe and ankle aren't feeling any worse although I was hoping you would say they are feeling better.

Hopefully the new medicine for your face will work. I went yesterday and picked up the cover up makeup for my niece yesterday. Nordstrom finally got a new shipment so I ran over to pick it up for her. I woundn't worry about scarring off your nieces. The the great thing about nieces is they pretty much love you no matter what. Mine are pretty much like puppy's, they have that unconditional love thing! Either that or it just comes with years of spoiling them and treating them like they are the most special little people on the planet, because I definately been guilty of that one. Trust me when I say no matter how bad you think your face looks right now a stranger probably won't notice it much. Or do you think I'm completely wrong??? Does Greg think it looks as bad as you do?

Thank you for telling me about the sale on the Selma bag. I have a Black and Tan one that I haven't used yet. I really like that bag so I'm so glad I bought them last summer at a sale. The Selma I'm currently using is about a year old and really still looks new. I'm going to start using one of the new borough bags I bought. I'm going to give the Selma that I have been using to one of the young sales girls I see all the time. She always tells me that it's on her wish list but with paying for her school she hasn't been able to afford one. I think she will be happy since it still looks new inside and out. If it didn't Iook brand new I wouldn't give it to her.

Do you remember me telling you about my friend that had to have hip surgery a few years ago and now knee surgery. I called her yesterday to check up on her and she is in the hospital again. She had surgery a few weeks ago and started running a fever. They put her back in the hospital yesterday. I feel terrible for her. Her husband is out of town until tonight and her kids are all away at school. I'm leaving in a few minutes to go back to hospital. I was there a few hours yesterday. We always laugh so much together so helpfully that will help her some. She was hoping they were going to let her go home today but she called this morning to say they were keeping her.

On a different note, my dad called this morning asking for a large sum of money. I need to have a discussion with my husband tonight. If you hear raised voices tonight, don't worry, it's just my husband! I have no idea what I will do. It's an uncomfortable situation. Part of me really wants to tell him no because they have spent thousands on her kids and grandchildren this past year. My brothers daughter had a baby and they never even sent a small gift. My aunt also told me they have been paying large preimums for life insurance policies to leave her kids large sums of money when they die. My aunt threw a fit because he acts like his own children don't exist. My dad pretty much left and moved out of state when we were young and never looked back. My brother was only 11 and my dad never sent a birthday or Chistmas present to him after he left but he tells me all about the large battery operated cars he bought his wife's grandchildren and I knows those are about $300 a piece. Not to mention that he is still supporting her 40 something year old daughter. Can you tell how torn I am. I know I am sounding bitter and that certainly isn't how I want to be. Honestly I would rather help my nieces and nephew with their school expenses. Please tell me what you would do. I am so torn right now and I actually feel sick because of it.

Sorry I went off on a rant for the hundredth time.

Hi Marcy and Ov. Sorry for my post today. I hope all is well with both of you.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Callie,

No worries today was the day from hell for me too, tonight things got worse, I sometimes just see no sense in anything and I tell you I sometimes think that so many people are totally selfish beings who do not care about others, this holds true in your case too Callie and I honestly think that sometimes you just need to end it with certain people. Does your dad care about you? I think you have answered that question yourself. Has he done anything for you or called because he cared or has he ever been there for you? I tell you that I take it for a long time from people too but sometimes it really is too much. I think only you can know what you should do. You will have to arrive to this decision though yourself. I have been there and am too right now. I am very sorry about your dad, this is so sad, yes he moved away but you were still his daughter and he did not need to lose contact with you except on the occassions when he wants something from you. I also think that this is really distasteful from him and he needs to realize that he cannot pull it on you. Well, if he hear your DH through the sound systems I will definitely understand him and in fact agree with him. So tough but I cannot say I did not expect it.

Missy, cool equipment, congrats! Have you tried it? Well, your skin is not likely that noticeable to others, we always think it is worse than it actually is. I do hope what you got right now helps, if not that you will find what does but do tell us how you are today, how is your toe?

Hugs to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Callie, I am sorry about your friend and I hope she gets better soon. It is no fun being in the hospital! Sending good wishes and speedy recovery vibes her way. I am glad you are spending some time with her as I am sure that will cheer her up and enable her to get better that much sooner.

As for your dad I would have to sadly say I would give him no money if I was in your situation. It would be completely different of course if circumstances and the people involved were different. However the fact remains he was clearly an absent father and not there for you and is also spending his money unwisely. He is using you and no way would I contribute to his retirement funding. You have your family and retirement to plan for and your dad should not be a part of that equation. IMO. I am so very sorry you are dealing with this and that your dad continues to be a disappointment.

Now, if my parents needed money I would give it to them in a heartbeat but that's because they have always been there for me and funded me all through my education and took care of me. Plus they don't squander their money and then cry they have none. (((Hugs))) Callie. And don't fight about this with your dh. It is NOT worth it. My dad always told me that it is not worth it to fight about money with your spouse and I think he is right. And in this case I strongly feel your dh is right in not wanting to give money to your dad.

Hi Ovi, I am sorry you had a difficult day and night and I hope things improve for you. I agree completely that sometimes it is hard to make sense of things and people can be so selfish without a care for others. It brings me down when I see that but then I know it is my choice to surround myself with people who have good hearts and good energy and are generally warm and loving. That's what I try to do and when I have no choice to deal with unpleasant people I make the best of it but yes it can bring your mood down.

I love my Pilates Reformer. I actually tried it last night even though I didn't think I was going to. I couldn't resist. And I did it today and it kicked my butt LOL. Victor is coming to our home this Tuesday morning at 6:30AM(!!!) for an hour private session with Greg and me. He was going to come at 7:30AM but Greg has a business meeting at 8:30AM that day so we had to reschedule to 6:30. Very early and I better make a lot of coffee for all 3 of us that morning haha.

My face is slightly improved on the steroid but I dread what is going to happen when I have to d/c it. Ovi, believe me it looks bad. Very very red and irritated and even worse it hurts. I cannot explain it but to say it is itchy with pain. Not pleasant. The topical steroid is helping but it still has a long way to go. I received the other Rx's today for the epicerum moisturizer and the promiseb cream and not sure what I think of it. The moisturizer is not strong enough for my dry skin but I am going to add it to my regime and the promiseb not sure about either. I know adding too many things to the mix can confuse matters and might not allow me to know what is working and what is not working so I have to add things slowly.

As for my walking it's weird. I had a good workout today. 90 min on my elliptical and 40 min walking on the treadmill and I did the reformer before the elliptical and treadmill to stretch my ankle and strength exercises too. So I felt loose and ready to walk but when Greg and I were out this afternoon I was limping and it wasn't because I was in pain from the exercises. It's just more often than not I limp outside whereas inside it is easier to walk. Not sure why. I mean I do know why because my ankle ROM is still so limited but why the difference outside vs inside. I do limp walking inside too but it seems I can sometimes walk without a limp inside but it is much more challenging outside. Oh well I carry on and continue to do the best I can.

Thanks for listening as always and please Callie do not apologize for venting. Remember I want this thread to be for everyone to feel free to talk, give and get advice, vent, cry and be happy too! (((Hugs))) to both of you.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think I must have had too much wine tonight because I missed the part about your friend Callie, I apologize and I am sending healing dust her way too, please update us about her. Sadly, I agree with Missy but I already hinted at that in my previous post. Under these circumstances I think it needs to stop that you keep helping him again this is only your decision and we understand either way, I have been known myself to forgive people over and over and continue helping them in spite of them only taking advantage of me. As I used to say kindness does not equal stupidity, however, there comes a point when enough is enough and everyone arrives there at one point, when you are there, only you can know.

Missy, no, I cannot imagine your gorgeous, flawless complexion looking bad, perhaps bad in your opinion because you are used to it being flawless. I am like that because it used to be flawless and no I have some flareups occasionally but definitely more problems as I age, no seb as a teenager ever, this is so odd, now some eczema and seb too and other weird allergic issues, sometimes very serious ones. Fortunately, I seem to have it under control right now but I get flareups on other body parts as well sometimes. Hopefully these creams will work. I know my skin is horribly dry I mean really badly and this is another reason I love La Mer as I need something very very dense and moisturizing yet not irritating and not causing seb.

I had something terribly upsetting happen, well, two different things. I told you the story about ex fiancee leaving me at the hospital. Well, a year ago he started writing but only twice like for Rosh Hashanah and for the Christian New Year. Ok, then he wrote two years after the events like we never broke up. It was very shocking and I thought he lost his mind. I only responded about my professional life and did not want to discuss anything particular. Then he wrote again three months later which was two days ago. He asked me for a meeting and honestly it sounded to me like he was wanting to use me again. All I wanted when that terrible thing happened more than two years ago is to understand why. I never had answers. I wanted answers but sometimes as I was told then you do not get them or the person is too twisted yet that was not how I knew him before that event. Anyhow I wrote to him saying that I would not mind talking because I think to really have closure I would like to know but that I could not meet him as I lived elsewhere. He called me right away but was very strange and distant and tried convincing me to go and meet him. I said that I would write to him back by today and give an answer and that a conversation might work. I wrote today that I will go and we can talk. I felt this was very important to me to be able to properly close it in myself. Then what happened was that he cancelled, no reason really, just a text that something came up. Then I felt this trauma coming back a bit but also I think the expected happened and with some people you never get answers as to why they treat you the way they do. I think though he really loved me more than anyone ever before the end came, he is a person who runs away from everything good in him and you cannot help those that do not want to be helped. Hope you do not judge me for telling you this story. I was not going to meet this person to start an affair, only I think I deserved to have some answers but then again I probably would not have gotten them anyhow. Problem is, I know he is not finished, only a matter of time and he will not leave me alone and I am shaking just thinking about this. My best friend felt sick that I even talked to him but a side of him was so deeply feeling and inherently good that I have not seen so much in others or perhaps that was what I wanted to think back then and this meeting also would have helped with that as perhaps I would have been like what I cannot imagine I once loved this person so much.

Then my husband upset me to no end. I knew he was selfish and using me too because I gave him a lot of money this month but could not give more till the end of the month. Without notifying me he decided to work at night and early morning which means that I cannot go to the meeting tomorrow in Vienna that we had set up and this was an important meeting. He never asked me or even told me, he just decided to do this and only told me when I called him to find out where he was. I told him to not even come home. I can either go in by train very early in the morning or I am irresponsible and flake out on the meeting.

Now I must apologize for venting. Again sometimes I feel that people just use me but unfortunately I know that we are the enablers ourselves. Hope you girls have a great day and I must go soon to sleep if I am getting up in the early hours of dawn. Talk to you all tomorrow, as they say, tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, (sorry I refer to all females as girls. Forgive me and let me know if it offends.). I have looked in on this thread every now and then, and I originally I found it tough to read. Not in a bad way, but in a heart wrenching way. Missy, you've gone through so much. I don't know what to say, except that that this thread is still going tells me you are persevering. Bravo to you Missy, for your mental, physical and emotional toughness. Just seeing others commiserate, share and encourage each other is very uplifting and comforting. My FIL just went to emergency for the second time in six days. It's hard to even write about it. I'm not good at explaining medical and emotional trials and challenges. Just thinking about it exhausts me. I prefer NOT to deal. Or keep busy with everything else but. Suffice it to say that he is 80, and there are complications, and the slew of doctors have more questions than answers. I need to be strong for my husband, and be there physically for my kids. In and out, and back in. More tests, scopes, exams, angiograms, stuff I can't remember or pronounce. And then at 1 am last night the toilet bubbles, like from a horror movie. My son is up until 2 am, studying the three stages of cellular respiration, glycolysis, krebs cycle, and the electron transfer chain. I only know it cause I was trying to help him understand stage 3. He's in 7 grade for heaven's sake!! He tries to take a shower and the shower backs up. I try to flush the toilet and things go the other direction. Anyway, this is ridiculous. My DH is busy with conference calls, and chasing down doctors for his dad.

Anyway, I'm sorry. This post is not very uplifting. But you guys are all so understanding that sometimes, your main goal is just to get through the day. I figured you guys would understand.

Missy, I just want to say I really feel for you and the derm situation. When I was a pre-teen, I went through 3 years of major derm issues, which they did not diagnose as a derm issue until I almost went in for surgery to get my milk ducts sealed (yah.). I got sick and missed the surgery date and then saw my 15th derm, and finally found a solution. I am so sorry you have to deal with this as an adult. Skin surface pain is so upsetting.

Other girls, although I haven't read through all your posts, my heart is with you. I do see that we all have our burdens to carry. Sometimes it does make it a bit easier to share, when others do not judge. (((hugs)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies :wavey:

Been a busy few days for me and I must get to bed. We are heading out at 4:30 in the morning. Aak! Is there air to breathe at that time of day?

I will catch up with all of you soon.

Sending you all lots of hugs your way and I hope you are having a good day.

Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LLJ's mom I am so very sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations as well. Do you have any answers as to what is wrong with your FIL? I cross my fingers that all will be well with him. My grandfather that is getting close to 90 has had a few of these ER visits in the past couple of years but survived many ordeals. He had colon cancer over ten years ago, then a few years ago he fell under a tractor, not sure what you call these agricultural vehicles, he was crushed with broken ribs but survived, we did not know for a week or two though, now a few ER visits with more gastrointestinal problems but he is still ok. I hope that your FIL ends up fine too. It is so scary but some people manage to come out of so many things even at this age. On top of this to deal with sewer problems is really drenching. I have had them myself and they can be so awful to deal with, not to mention disgusting.

On a positive note, I am feeling better today. I am going to ride to Vienna together with the people that we are meeting and go for the visit along with them instead of just meeting them there, so hopefully this has worked out despite my husband pulling a real bad 180 on me. I also think it is better that I am not meeting my exfiancee, I thought at the end that it could be a good idea because it was like pulling a bad tooth but I think this is for the best that I am not, it confirms what I already knew. I can live my life and have moved on from those horrible memories anyhow and feel mostly healed though there are certain things you never fully get over. It is as good as it gets.

Have a wonderful day Marcy and of course all of you, let us know how everything is with you girls, hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom said:
Hi Girls, (sorry I refer to all females as girls. Forgive me and let me know if it offends.). I have looked in on this thread every now and then, and I originally I found it tough to read. Not in a bad way, but in a heart wrenching way. Missy, you've gone through so much. I don't know what to say, except that that this thread is still going tells me you are persevering. Bravo to you Missy, for your mental, physical and emotional toughness. Just seeing others commiserate, share and encourage each other is very uplifting and comforting. My FIL just went to emergency for the second time in six days. It's hard to even write about it. I'm not good at explaining medical and emotional trials and challenges. Just thinking about it exhausts me. I prefer NOT to deal. Or keep busy with everything else but. Suffice it to say that he is 80, and there are complications, and the slew of doctors have more questions than answers. I need to be strong for my husband, and be there physically for my kids. In and out, and back in. More tests, scopes, exams, angiograms, stuff I can't remember or pronounce. And then at 1 am last night the toilet bubbles, like from a horror movie. My son is up until 2 am, studying the three stages of cellular respiration, glycolysis, krebs cycle, and the electron transfer chain. I only know it cause I was trying to help him understand stage 3. He's in 7 grade for heaven's sake!! He tries to take a shower and the shower backs up. I try to flush the toilet and things go the other direction. Anyway, this is ridiculous. My DH is busy with conference calls, and chasing down doctors for his dad.

Anyway, I'm sorry. This post is not very uplifting. But you guys are all so understanding that sometimes, your main goal is just to get through the day. I figured you guys would understand.

Missy, I just want to say I really feel for you and the derm situation. When I was a pre-teen, I went through 3 years of major derm issues, which they did not diagnose as a derm issue until I almost went in for surgery to get my milk ducts sealed (yah.). I got sick and missed the surgery date and then saw my 15th derm, and finally found a solution. I am so sorry you have to deal with this as an adult. Skin surface pain is so upsetting.

Other girls, although I haven't read through all your posts, my heart is with you. I do see that we all have our burdens to carry. Sometimes it does make it a bit easier to share, when others do not judge. (((hugs)))

LLJsmom, thank you for your visiting me here and for your understanding and support. I like being referred to as "girls" and in fact IRL that's how we refer to each other. And no matter my chronological age I still feel like a girl lol. :halo:

I am so sorry about your FIL and I hope he has a full recovery. Sending good thoughts and PS dust for his recovery. That kind of stress is draining. The fear of not knowing and the burden you feel about how your dh and family are coping and dealing with this trauma. Hugs to you all.

It seems crazy that your 7th grade son has to stay up till 2AM studying. Things certainly have changed in school these days unless my memory is mistaken and that is possible since it has been a very long time since I was in school. :read:

I am sorry you have so much on your plate right now and I hope things start improving on all fronts. Please do not worry about being upbeat here. This is a safe place to share and feel what we feel as you wrote without being judged.

I know what you mean about this thread (especially the beginning of my journey) being difficult to read. I tried a couple of times to start reading it from the beginning just to remind myself how far I have come but I couldn't get past my first post in fact. It was too painful reliving the accident, the terrible pain, the surgery and the flood of emotions I felt during those first few months let alone the first few weeks.

Thank you for getting what I am feeling about my skin issues. It is upsetting on a few different levels. One the discomfort I am feeling is not insignificant. My face feels irritated and itchy and uncomfortable all the time. Two the appearance is troubling.

Yes I usually had perfect skin even with rosacea (diagnosed 8 years ago with that) because I got that mainly under control and my main symptoms there were flushing with temp change so when I wasn't flushing my skin was good.

But now this is a whole new story and I cannot be on the topical steroids much longer without damaging my skin and flaring my rosacea. The redness is still there even on the steroids anyway though a bit better. Still uncomfortable and itchy and the seb derm is still there too.

I am trying to remain level headed and not stress but I don't know what to do next. Life has been too challenging for me this whole year and I appreciate all you wrote about me being strong but sometimes I am not sure how much longer I can handle all of this. Now I'm sorry about my dark thoughts but sharing them here nonetheless.

(((Hugs))) to you and please let us know how your FIL is doing. We are all sending good thoughts and much PS dust his way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, I am sorry about what you are going through regarding your ex. I know you had your heart set on meeting with him and getting some sort of closure but probably things worked out for the best this way. Most likely there would have been no closure at your meeting and more aggravation.

I am glad you are feeling better about this and hope you have a nice trip to Vienna. Know I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope you have a good weekend. Everything will work out somehow. That's what I keep telling myself too. Hugs to you.

Marcy, where are you going? Are you on a trip for the Thanksgiving holiday? Forgive me if you told us already. How are you enjoying your new jewelry? If we don't get to chat before Thanksgiving have a lovely trip and holiday with Marty and enjoy! And sending lots of warm (((hugs))) your way. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a whole damn lot for you this year. On December 31 11:59:58 give 2014 the DOUBLE bird!!!!!!!!

Thought: for 10 days no therapy, no getting too cold outside, no people ya don't like, no activities ya don't enjoy (screw the dust bunnies). No yucky food, only soft comfy clothes. Turn the voicemail on and use it.

Your face/skin just might reward that...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1416645465|3788408 said:
LLJ's mom I am so very sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations as well. Do you have any answers as to what is wrong with your FIL? I cross my fingers that all will be well with him. My grandfather that is getting close to 90 has had a few of these ER visits in the past couple of years but survived many ordeals. He had colon cancer over ten years ago, then a few years ago he fell under a tractor, not sure what you call these agricultural vehicles, he was crushed with broken ribs but survived, we did not know for a week or two though, now a few ER visits with more gastrointestinal problems but he is still ok. I hope that your FIL ends up fine too. It is so scary but some people manage to come out of so many things even at this age. On top of this to deal with sewer problems is really drenching. I have had them myself and they can be so awful to deal with, not to mention disgusting.

On a positive note, I am feeling better today. I am going to ride to Vienna together with the people that we are meeting and go for the visit along with them instead of just meeting them there, so hopefully this has worked out despite my husband pulling a real bad 180 on me. I also think it is better that I am not meeting my exfiancee, I thought at the end that it could be a good idea because it was like pulling a bad tooth but I think this is for the best that I am not, it confirms what I already knew. I can live my life and have moved on from those horrible memories anyhow and feel mostly healed though there are certain things you never fully get over. It is as good as it gets.

Have a wonderful day Marcy and of course all of you, let us know how everything is with you girls, hugs!

OVincze, thank you for the crossed fingers. I am crossing too. I am worried about that - colon cancer. My dad had it 20 years ago, and was treated and has been doing fine. I am paranoid about it being that b/c they have tested for a lot of things. The colonoscopy is the next test, but they want to wait until he is stable enough to go through the test.

And I just read your story about your ex. Wow. That many years ago, and out of nowhere, "hi, how are you? Let's just pick up where we left off. nothing weird, really." It was hard to believe, but it's one of those totally weird out of left field things. Glad things turned out ok, and you aren't left even more traumatized. (((hug))) Since I don't know the back story about you and your DH, I will just hope for you that things are ok with you both.

Gotta run off to a birthday party at a big trampoline park now. xoxo.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm sorry your face still is not feeling any better. Is the exercise equipment helpung you feel better? I know how much you love to exercise so I was hoping the equipment would be good for you both physically and mentally.

Marcy, I hope this trip was planned and everything is okay with you and Marty.

OV, I can feel your pain in your post. I am so sorry you are having to go thru all of this. The only thing I can tell you is there are times we never know all of the reasons people act as they do. Some times we don't fully get the closure we wish to have. I'm also afraid this may be one of the times. My heart breaks for you honey. I hate to hear you sounding sad and confused. You have been through far too much.

LLJSmom, I hope the tests being performed turn out well for you father-in-law. This must be a very stressful time for your family. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Missy, I loved Kristies post above.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm sorry your face still is not feeling any better. Is the exercise equipment helping you feel better? I know how much you love to exercise so I was hoping the equipment would be good for you both physically and mentally.

Marcy, I hope this trip was planned and everything is okay with you and Marty. If you don't post before thanksgiving, I hope you have a happy one.

OV, I can feel your pain in your post. I am so sorry you are having to go thru all of this. The only thing I can tell you is there are times we never know all of the reasons people act as they do. Some times we don't fully get the closure we wish to have. I'm also afraid this may be one of the times. My heart breaks for you honey. I hate to hear you sounding sad and confused. You have been through far too much.

LLJSmom, I hope the tests being performed turn out well for your father-in-law. This must be a very stressful time for your family. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Missy, I loved Kristies post above.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies. I am on vacation in Arizona and it's in the 70's. Come on down or over! All is well and Marty is enjoying not working for a few days.

I am starting to think my cookies never made it out of town. Weird you haven't got them yet.

Missy, I hate to hear your face continues to be making you miserable. Sometimes just trying to find something that helps your skin only makes it worse at first. I hope the new prescription will help.

How exciting your new PT equipment has arrived. I hope all of it works great for you. It looks fabulous.

Ovi, I will have to get some pictures of Marty's watches. I don't know if he is home for awhile or not. He may need to head out again in a few weeks. This week we are spending time away from work and seeing his family. I hate to hear what happened with your former fiancé then your husband. I sure don't understand people sometimes. I am glad you are doing better this weekend.

Callie, good plan to keep all of your new bags. I like switching mine out and I sure enjoy picking news ones out. I can't believe your cookies haven't shown up yet. I am glad my taco story gave you a smile. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she is doing better. I hate to hear about your dad asking for money. I can't say what I'd do either. I'd want to help but resent doing it because of they way he handles his finances. I think I would reach a point where I'd say no.

LLJsmom, you've certainly had a rough week. The plumbing situation sounds like an awful mess. Did you get that fixed? I hope they find what is going on with your FIL and can start treatment for him. Hugs to all of you.

Hi Azstonie. I am ready to put 2014 in the past as well.

We got up at 4 am to leave for the airport. I am surprised I'm still awake. It's nice here though.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy, I'm glad your okay. I was a little worried that you were out of town due to an emergency. I'm so glad you and Marty are off having fun. You two certainly deserve it. Although I can't believe you went to Arizona without us!

Can you believe my cookies never arrived? Time to get a new postman...don't ya think?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer Rabbit checking out the local scenery.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1416716207.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1416657079|3788448 said:
I am so sorry about your FIL and I hope he has a full recovery. Sending good thoughts and PS dust for his recovery. That kind of stress is draining. The fear of not knowing and the burden you feel about how your dh and family are coping and dealing with this trauma. Hugs to you all.

It seems crazy that your 7th grade son has to stay up till 2AM studying. Things certainly have changed in school these days unless my memory is mistaken and that is possible since it has been a very long time since I was in school. :read:

I am sorry you have so much on your plate right now and I hope things start improving on all fronts. Please do not worry about being upbeat here. This is a safe place to share and feel what we feel as you wrote without being judged.

I know what you mean about this thread (especially the beginning of my journey) being difficult to read. I tried a couple of times to start reading it from the beginning just to remind myself how far I have come but I couldn't get past my first post in fact. It was too painful reliving the accident, the terrible pain, the surgery and the flood of emotions I felt during those first few months let alone the first few weeks.

Thank you for getting what I am feeling about my skin issues. It is upsetting on a few different levels. One the discomfort I am feeling is not insignificant. My face feels irritated and itchy and uncomfortable all the time. Two the appearance is troubling.

Yes I usually had perfect skin even with rosacea (diagnosed 8 years ago with that) because I got that mainly under control and my main symptoms there were flushing with temp change so when I wasn't flushing my skin was good.

But now this is a whole new story and I cannot be on the topical steroids much longer without damaging my skin and flaring my rosacea. The redness is still there even on the steroids anyway though a bit better. Still uncomfortable and itchy and the seb derm is still there too.

I am trying to remain level headed and not stress but I don't know what to do next. Life has been too challenging for me this whole year and I appreciate all you wrote about me being strong but sometimes I am not sure how much longer I can handle all of this. Now I'm sorry about my dark thoughts but sharing them here nonetheless.

(((Hugs))) to you and please let us know how your FIL is doing. We are all sending good thoughts and much PS dust his way.

Hi Missy, I do think you are strong not because I think you always feel strong, but that you keep trying to move forward even when you don't. And sometimes strength is just surviving, and having hope. You are in my prayers. {{{hug}}}

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1416713994|3788781 said:
LLJsmom, you've certainly had a rough week. The plumbing situation sounds like an awful mess. Did you get that fixed? I hope they find what is going on with your FIL and can start treatment for him. Hugs to all of you.

Take care.
Marcy

Hi Marcy, 70 degree weather sounds lovely. Although I cannot complain. We in the bay area are finally getting some much needed rain. :)

FIL? I'm hopeful too. The weekend substitute crew of specialists and generalists at the hospital are taking care of him for now. He's stable, but they don't know the cause of the bleeding. We hope the tests on Monday will tell us more.

So with the plumbing, permanent problem cause the sewer pipe going out to the sidewalk is not properly connected with the city's sewage pipe due to roots. So we just need to do an annual pipe cleaning and not plug up our toilets with too much stuff. At least we know the problem and what we need to do on a regular basis. I'm just glad it did not overflow further! Sewage. Not stuff I think about on a regular basis.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacay in AZ!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I just wanted to say that I am finally getting over my Louis Vuitton addiction, although I have very successfully replaced it with my new jewelry addiction. :Up_to_something:

I am so proud to say that I have been able to successfully sell two items on ebay. This is the first time I have ever sold anything on ebay. It was a hassle to set it up, but once I did, it was so easy!! I have so many bags, that I bought when I thought it was a good idea, but I would use them 10-15 times over a period of 5-10 years. And then I find reasons why I don't use them, and then they sit in my closet in their dust bags. It pains me because they are very beautiful bags that should be used. Sigh. The funny thing is even though I don't use them, I find it hard to let them go. Although I know the right thing to do is to let them go. And besides, I can use the funds to fund my bling, which thus far, I have been putting to much better use than Louis Vuitton Epi bags in my closet. If you like LVs, I can let you know when I decide to put another one up for sale, before I list it on ebay. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea. No pressure. I just thought I would mention it because you are buying purses, and I am happy to be selling mine.

I also read about you and your dad's situation. All I can say is I am so sorry. I can't imagine how it would be to be put in that kind of position. I can say that you are a very compassionate person to still be so concerned about a person that should have been there for you more than anyone else in the world, but wasn't. Of course, it's your dad. How can you turn it off? You wouldn't be the person you are if you could. Big Hugs to you. Hope you come to a decision that gives you peace.

Gotta take care of a sleep over now. xoxo

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy how you are feeling. I'm sorry, I''m not up to reading all the way through the recent posts, I do know you are in AZ though.

You were just in my thoughts and wanted to check in and see how you are feeling. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1416690247|3788636 said:
It's been a whole damn lot for you this year. On December 31 11:59:58 give 2014 the DOUBLE bird!!!!!!!!

Thought: for 10 days no therapy, no getting too cold outside, no people ya don't like, no activities ya don't enjoy (screw the dust bunnies). No yucky food, only soft comfy clothes. Turn the voicemail on and use it.

Your face/skin just might reward that...

Haha, good idea Kristie. Fortunately our cleaning person took care of those dust bunnies because with 4 cats we would be overtaken by them if we didn't keep vigilant haha. Anyway I find vacuuming relaxing especially with my cordless dyson. But Greg had enough with the dust (I vacuum but don't care for dusting so much yanno lol so we had that taken care of just this past Wed. Just in time for company for Thanksgiving. It's our holiday to host and we enjoy it despite the (small amount of) stress of hosting anyone. And it will be great to see my nieces so I am looking forward to that.

But I hear you and yes I like those suggestions!

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Also, not sure if you will see this but a few pages back you mentioned something about another operation to increase my ROM...is that the operation to remove my hardware or is that something different? Definitely curious because my ROM is just not budging further no matter what I seem to do. I mean, I hope in time it will but just in case I am interested in what you meant when you wrote about another operation to improve that area. Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy! So glad you and Marty are enjoying a vacation!!! And Arizona is the perfect place right now. Sunny and 70's ooh don't I wish we were there with you guys though I am sure you are appreciating some alone and private time with your dh finally. Have a marvelous time! And hahaha on the killer rabbit checking out the killer view and enjoying the killer weather. Hope all 3 of you have lots of fun. :appl:

Oh yeah we still have not received those cookies Marcy...Callie and I are going to have to come over there ourselves and pick them up in person lol. They are too delicious to send via mail because the aroma is too tempting and the mail people just cannot resist. Who can blame them!

Callie, I am loving the reformer and it is kicking my butt! Literally and figuratively. I have a lot to learn on it and hopefully Victor will show up at the 6:30AM time we have scheduled for this Tuesday so he can show us some more exercises on it. We also have a few DVDs showing the Pilates exercises you can do on it but I like having Victor come and make sure we are doing them with the correct form and all. Greg will be more advanced than me and mainly I will be focusing on my ankle ROM and leg strengthening and stretching exercises but do want to begin more core in earnest. I am good cardiovascularly but lacking the core strength.

Oh just want to add that I bought a home ultrasound unit and TENS/EMS unit(supposed to help with pain, inflammation and swelling) and they arrived Friday afternoon and I figured out (well Greg helped) how to use them and did a session with them both yesterday after our walk. Not sure if it is helping with my toe pain yet but certainly hope it does. That darn toe is still giving me lots of trouble. But I am hopeful the ultrasound and TENS/EMS will help there. I am thinking I can try it on my ankle too but need to check because of my metal plates and screws. It might cause vibration and heat and loosen things up there so I will check on that with Victor before I attempt using them on the ankle.

Glad you are keeping the bags and hope you enjoy them. They are a great deal and versatile so I think you will get a lot of use from them.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? We might have to go to Marcy's house and pick those cookies up ourselves! :bigsmile:

Ovi, Just want to let you know I am thinking of you and hoping things are going well and that you are enjoying your trip.

LLJsmom, thank you. You are right in that sometimes I do not feel strong at all but I do keep persevering. I won't give up. I know that sometimes it is darkest before the dawn and I am counting on things improving. Hey, at least I am walking now and mobile and no matter all that I am still dealing with life is good. I am hanging in there!

I want you to know I am thinking of your family and your FIL and I am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the medical professionals figure out what is going on with his health and can help him. Wishing for a full and speedy recovery so he can be back with his loved ones very soon! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving with good news!

Gypsy, honey, thank you for stopping by and checking on me. I wish I was in Arizona. Marcy is the lucky duck who is enjoying the sunny and warm weather there but that's OK. I will save any traveling for when I am better able to walk longer distances and am more stable. I can be patient. Well, when I have no choice I can be patient hahaha.

Quick synopsis as to what is going on with me: I am walking (albeit with a limp and some pain) and so making progress that way for sure. I have some new issues that I am working through and just taking it one day at a time. I hope all is well with you guys and that you are close to finding the best place to move to where you can have the perfect mix of quality of life/cost of living and good jobs. Sending hugs your way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies!

Okay it's chilly here this morning but I know it will get warmer as the day goes by. Compared to that darn polar vortex I've got no room to complain.

Hi Missy! How are you doing today?

Callie, I am glad we didn't have to rush off for some emergency either. I think I've had enough of those to last me for a long while. Of course I think that applies to most of us, right? I agree both Marty and I are ready for some rest and relaxation. Marty actually set his phone on do not disturb unless it's me, his parents or his sister. I would have a chat with your mailman. It's okay for them to "lose" your bills but eating your cookies? That's where you draw the line.

LLJsmom, I am glad you are getting some rain in the Bay Area. I know you need it out there. We went to Pebble Beach on our last trip and loved the area. That is good your FIL is stable and I am sending positive thoughts your way that they find out what is causing the bleeding and can begin treatment. Waiting for results can be so difficult. Backed up sewage is certainly not something pleasant to deal with but now you know how to help prevent it in the future.

Hi Gypsy.

Marty is out at the range hitting golf balls. He will be happy.

Have a great Sunday!

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, LLJ'smom, Marcy and OV,!!!!

Missy, I think we are going to have to get past the cookies. Let's face it. There are two postal carriers sitting in their trucks with huge smiles on there face eating OUR cookies! It was so nice of Marcy to send them but really can you blame the carriers. With all the packages they have to deliver they really deserve a treat!

I'm so happy you love the new exercise equipment. I can hear in your post how happy it's making you. I really think it was a good decision to forego the earrings for now. I can see your smile from hear. You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you sound happy!

I just wrote the hardest post I will ever write in another thread. I'm debating asking Ella to delete it. I did so helping it might help another woman in a terrible situation and at the same time I don't want anyone to think I'm not okay or happy or feel sorry for me. The first two posts I wrote were much better sounding but for some reason kept deleting before I could post them so I just typed my thoughts quickly and sent it to post. I so hope I did the right thing.

LLJsmom, How is your father in law feeling? Have they figured out anything yet? Is your husband hanging in there okay? I can imagine how stressful it is for all of you right now. Hopefully the kids are a great distraction for your husband.

I only have a 3 purses in the over $1,000 rang and they are all sitting in the closet in their dust bags. The ones I purchased recently were all under $500. I'm not afraid to damage them so I know I will use them. Please let me know if there are any you may want to sell before listing them.

Thank you so much for you kind words regarding my situation with my dad. I did send him some money and I do feel slightly taken advantage of. I keep telling myself to just feel grateful for the wonderful life I have and be thankful I am in a position to help. My husband had come with a great solution and when I presented it to my dad it was pretty obvious he had been dishonest with me. That made me feel the worst but it does me no good to dwell on it. I had such a crappy day yesterday. I am just glad I feel better today.

Missy and OV, Please don't be mad at me for giving money to my dad. And please know that in my head I agreed with everything the two of you said and advised me to do. My heart would not let me not help him.

Marcy, I hope you are having a great time in Arizona. We are thinking if you!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Callie, we are never mad at you! We sometimes agree to disagree but it is not even that. I myself have allowed others to victimize me many times in my life and only you can know what feels right to do and when to stop helping others. I have helped family members who have only taken advantage of me and sometimes I do so for a very very long time before stopping it and sometimes you never stop, only you can know how you feel. We are not here to judge you. I do feel he should be there for you and act like a father but my father has not done so either, he only calls me to scold me or put me down and yet I still talk to him every once in a while. Since he has enough money he would never ask me for that, however, he has taken away my apartment I got in advance as an inheritance so I would have every reason to not talk to him yet I know what to expect from him and while he has never given me love or at least not since my parents divorced and done much damage to me, he still is my father. I keep helping my sister who is nothing but trouble but was very ill as a child and is left disabled and so I would rather help than think that she might take away her life. I know she takes advantage of me and sometimes she goes way too far in her selfish behaviors but we all help her knowing that sometimes it would be best to leave her alone but yet none of us want her to die. Every situation is individual.

I have not seen your post yet but no worries, everyone posts sometimes very fast in a way that could be misconstrued, I have done that too, only to realize later that what I said did not come out the way I meant it. What can be done? This is a forum. It is good to know that we can ask Ella to delete it when we want to take something back we did not mean. Then the others that know you will always know that you mean well. I will search for your post.

Hi Marcy, your words really touched me. Also Gypsy what you said you were very right, meeting my ex would have only aggravated things. LLJsmom you were most kind to me as well. I did talk about my past. This man left me in the hospital after a miscarriage. I had complications and I was in the hospital completely broken inside and out for two months. I did go on and went out to attend school but felt completely betrayed. He did this as he got scared and also believed others who were jealous and afraid that because of me they would inherit less money. My ex was very wealthy and 15 years my senior so I guess many judged me thinking I was after his money. I did not even know his situation for a long time though I did of course know he was not poor. I completely fell for the deeply loving person that was inside of him and that noone ever loved me like he did. I only realized it too late that he enjoys playing games on others. I think it was not true then as it was his fears that made him act the way he did but it is definitely true now. During my hospital stay I had to block him from my facebook as he kept posting pix of him and his exgirlfriend together. Now I think he thinks that I waited for him and his ego wanted to try to get me back and maybe he feels he would have so hence he cancelled, who knows. Totally sick. I checked his FB with a company signin and he has pix of his spouse and him posted just days before he started writing me love messages in August. Nuf said. I felt really shaken for the last couple of days, some people are very cruel.

Back story on my marriage, well,I posted some, honest I ran into this marriage running away from my ex and found out many serious negatives about my husband both his personality and his finances after I got married. Now I have to live with it and his temper while I am trying to help him. It is trials and tribulations but honestly I have found happiness within myself so I can distance myself from the negativity I get from others sometimes. I am more than happy to be doing what I love and what is my passion and put all my energy into that while I figure that many problems of the moment are later solved in life if you keep moving forward.

Hi Gypsy, nice to see you here, wavey!

Missy, how is your skin, toe and how is the exercise going now? I need to read up more about you but please do write. I so miss Thanksgiving, it is really nice for you guys. Next week will be busy from Tuesday on but fun too, just my usual work projects and then a big ball to attend Saturday night. Have a great weekend everyone, hugs.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
All,

Can't write much, family medical issue and had to return to my mom's house earlier in teh week. Mom was delirious and disoriented..and after being stablished in the ER, two days later she is still off. Frustrating and scary, particularly the medical care she is getting in her small midwestern town.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Missy, I am concerned that you are continuing to push, particularly with weight bearing exercise, through the pain. Tendonitis usually takes rest to heal properly....many an athlete do the same and extend their recovery time exponentially. Would suggest checking out the injury forums in Sports or Podiatry forums like this....to get more specific advice.

http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/foot-extensor-tendonitis-resume-running
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?forum=1;
http://www.podiatry-arena.com/podiatry-forum/
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=21#s

Good luck with the pilates!

Also, not surprising your gait is different outside. Much more unstable and unknown surfaces..plus potentially different shoes. I know from my knee and ankle surgeries, I had to purposely monitor my gait to stop limping....actually most of the the time, gait is still a bit off...but when I get completly loosened up with massage and balanced with single leg exercises everything sorta rebalances itself naturally...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Missy, how is your weekend going? Are you and Greg doing anything special this weekend?

Callie, I am glad you have decided to move past the cookies being eaten by your postman. I think those guys do deserve a treat now and then. I am sorry to hear your dad has been dishonest with you but I completely understand sending him some money. It sounds like a no win situation so you do what you are comfortable with doing. He is your dad so naturally you will try to help him. Sorry about the other post. If it's something you don't want out there I am sure Ella will delete it for you.

Ovi, you are a kind and caring woman. Between your ex, your family and current husband you've certainly been put through some difficult times. Like you and Callie - I understand being taken advantage of but the way I rationalize it to myself is I have to be comfortable with how I interact with my family and friends. If I call them out for lying or using me they would deny it or we'd end up fighting and in the long run its worth it to me to not have that friction in my life. Does that make sense? I am a pushover and easy going but I do reach a point where I've had enough. Of course the situations I've been in are nothing like yours or Callie's. Every situation as you said is individual and we figure out our own ways to deal with them. I feel like I am a pushover as a boss too. Can I be harder or more direct with them? Yes, but that leads to tension and discontent in the room and I'd rather be perceived as a soft boss than deal with the negativity and hostility that follows a confrontation. I'm not comfortable with myself being nasty to people. Even though the situation with your husband doesn't sound like it's ideal for you, it does lets you do something you love. And you are trying to help your husband while knowing your happiness comes from within. I think that realization is something we all must make and until we do we go through like expecting other people to make us happy.

Techie Tech, I hate to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better soon.

We had a lazy day. The in-laws are feeding us way too much food and liquor.

I did check out how far Tiffanys is from here. Ha ha.

Take care.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

Marcy, sounds like you guys certainly did. Yay for good food and liquor on vacation. You deserve it! And I hope the weather is warming up nicely for you. It's raining cats and dogs here right now and oh the wind is howling quite fiercely. Woke me up at 2:30 this morning. And though it is pouring and windy it is supposed to reach 70 degrees today. Crazy weather.

Callie, you are such a good and kind person and I could never be mad at you. Never. You did what your heart wanted and you know what? That is never wrong because not only are you helping your dad but more importantly you are doing what is right for you and what you can make peace with and that is always the best course of action.

And as for what you are dealing with in that other thread again if you post from your heart to help others that cannot be wrong. If more people were like you the world would be a better place. Biggest (((hugs))) to you.

TechieTechie, I am so sorry your mom is not well and know how scary that must be for you and your whole family. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the doctors figure out what is going on and that your mom recovers fully.

Thank you for taking the time and energy during a time that is incredibly stressful for you to help me. I greatly appreciate that. I will check out those forums you linked and will speak with my therapist about what to do re the pushing it issue. He was the one telling me to push through because nothing else was working and I wonder what he has in mind. And that info re outside walking makes sense thank you. I can see the road ahead is even longer than I thought as I just cannot purposefully walk without a limp yet and it is frustrating.

I have the card of a sports massage therapist I got from our local sporting goods store and might contact her after Thanksgiving. It might do me some good as she can loosen me up and help me walk more correctly hopefully. The only thing is I am not sure she works with people with hardware in their bodies so I have to check that out.

Thank you again TechieTechie and I am sending much healing dust your mom's way. Hoping she gets well very soon. (((Hugs))) to you both.

LLJsmom, I hope your FIL is improving and the medical professionals are able to help him get better. Thinking of you and keeping you all in my prayers.

Ovi, my dear, I am continuing to think of you. You are such a good soul with an amazing heart. You are a wise young woman and from all you write I know you have a good head on your shoulders despite what has happened in your life and that everything is going to work out for you. My wish for you is that all goes as smoothly as possible from hereon in so you get some much deserved peace and happiness not only from within (though that is most important of course) but also from others. Big hugs to you too Ovi. I would happily invite you to join us for Thanksgiving if you were to be in the NYC area during this time and in fact all of you are invited! Perhaps next year...

The weather is warming up so my face is improving. I see the pattern and well hopefully when the weather gets cold again by Wed I won't have an exacerbation of the seb derm but I won't be surprised if I do. The Promiseb feels nice going on my face and I am hoping that will help instead of the topical steroid. I am discontinuing the locoid and hoping for the best fingers crossed.

We had a good weekend thanks for asking. Walked a lot and in fact yesterday we did over 4.5 miles. Not all at once but broken up with browsing in shops etc and of course running into people we know all day because we stayed local. A lovely day all in all with perfect weather as it was in the 50's and sunny. Toe hurts but I find massaging it helps somewhat but the jury is still out on the TENS/EMS and ultrasound units I am using on it.

I feel honored that so many lovely people are posting here to help me and sharing their trials and tribulations through life. I wish for you all a happy and healthy holiday season for you and your loved ones and I am keeping everyone dealing with troubling issues in my thoughts and prayers and sending much love and healing vibes your way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Wow you had a busy weekend. That sounds like a lot of walking. Are you sore? One more day till your lesson with Victor!!! Do you think he will teach you new exercises or will he just go over the equipment with you. I know how excited you are about it.
What are you doing for Thansgiving? Will you see your beautiful nieces?

I am so looking forward to Thursday and Friday. We are spending Thanksgiving with my family and Friday with my husbands family. Both days should be so much fun. I haven't seen one of my nieces since February, she lives out of state, so I can't wait for that! My husband is off tomorrow and Wednesday too. He was hoping we could do some shopping but my niece needs me to help watch her daughter tomorrow and I am helping my mom cook on Wednesday. The only thing I'm not happy about is we won't be with my brothers family. My nieces, sister in law and I are trying to plan something for next weekend.

The whole fiasco with dad is hopefully over for a while. In a lot of ways the Pricescope thread that had me so upset could not have been posted at a better time. In so many ways it puts everything in perspective for me. I am so blessed to have the life I have. Looking back always makes me appreciate my life soooo much more. It is easy to take things for granted when your life is going well. Just remembering that dark place makes me feel so grateful for so many things. I know everyone's advise regarding my dad was spot on but I also know he won't be here forever and regardless of what he has done in he past, he's still my dad. The reality is the money we sent won't change our life in any way. My husband basically said to just be thankfully we are in a position where we can help.

You are such a strong positive person. Can you kind of understand now how I have always known that you will get thru this. Let's be honest, all you have gone thru this past year has been awful. There is no getting around that. But there have been many people who have shown you what you mean to them and have offered love and support. I'm just not talking about here. I'm sure you have been shown much love and kindness through out this ordeal by so many people in your real life. Believe me I know how sappy I am sounding right now. But I know how much that love and kindness can carry you through rough times. I hope you know I am one of those people who are planted firmly in your corner. I know how special you are! No matter how hard things are at times there are always bright spots mixed in there to be grateful for.

OV, You are such a strong kind person. You will work thru all your emotions where you ex is concerned. From everything you write it sounds to me like you know exactly what type of person this man is. Please believe me when I say he does not deserve some one as wonderful as you.

LLJsmom, Any more news on your father in law! My thought are with you and I hope your family gets some good news soon!

Marcy, I hope you are having a great time at Tiffany's. If you buy anything, please post pictures! Tell Marty the rabbit needs new bling!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Callie, you are a really wonderful person, please do not worry about speaking your mind! Callie how is everyone in your family now? It sounds to me like everyone is preparing for the fun of Thanksgiving. Thanks for the invite Missy.:))) One day I may take you up on it, would be so nice to meet in NYC!

LLJsMom I am worried too but you know even colon cancer tends to spread slowly at this age. I know that surgery is not easy but hopefully everything will be better soon for your FIL, can you let us know what is going on? I hope not bad news. I am also thinking of you and crossing fingers it is not cancer nevertheless.

Techie Techie so sorry about your mom. My grandma had these problems from mini strokes first ever since she was in her fifties, then she got Parkinson's and it got much worse. I know a lot of these issues can be managed, my dad had her on special meds but I should ask what because he is involved in a lot of research.

Marcy, wow you are having a great time and I am so happy for you! Maybe you have not gone through certain hardships but you certainly had your share losing your beloved parents. Everyone has their trials and tribulations and you are a very deeply feeling, caring person.

Hope you did not overexercise yourself Missy. How are you feeling today and how is your skin? I think the massage may be a good idea but also a bit concerned as I know when my grandma had sports massages when they did not know about her fracture it really made it worse. As long as they know and are focusing on soft tissues and are competent it may really help.

Tomorrow I am going on a little trip, well, with my husband for two days, some work but fun work and other stuff, maybe meeting friends, it will be nice for a change to do something or at least I hope my husband does not have a fit that he has two days off as it has happened too and then I would rather go alone. Let's hope I get some good time off.

Hugs to everyone today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results