shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira *****DUST***** for your MRI this morning and for your new (and your dh's) job prospect!!! (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian gorgeous photos and thank you sweetie!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi sweet NIRDs. Thank you ever so much for the well wishes. Recovering again; this feels like an old shoe to me, I am so used to this and over it at the same time.
Surgery was a success in that they were able to remove all of the offending/infected metal and did not have to Implant more metal to stabilize the fusion. That’s a win! Tomorrow I get the PICC line which will allow me to have six weeks of at-home antibiotic infusions. This hopefully will be the end. :boohoo: Praying I am finally in the home stretch here.
I have felt all of your warm and loving thoughts coming my way and appreciate it so much! :kiss2:
@missy sorry to hear you have had a setback, but it sounds like your dr is taking the proper precautions by putting you on antibiotics. I agree with @Tekate that bone infections start insidiously and through a wound. In fact, the finger is the most common place for osteomyelitis according to my Drs. Be well and keep up the treatments! :kiss2:

Again....sorry I can’t mention every single one of you (laying here icing this face) but please know that I read the wonderful posts and am grateful for the caring in this thread. NIRDIs rock! :clap:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good «morning» girls!

I’m almost alive again after yet another weekend in the mountains. So to my sweet and patient NERDIs who actually bother to read all my dog and mountain related texts, thank you. And here is a little background that I think some of you asked for. If not, please skip. LOL

The dog competitions aim to copy a real hunting situation without the actual shooting of the birds. So no animals harmed in making this episode, as they say on TV.. Unless you count me. LOL. I’m a bit sore from over-skiing. LOL. From 9 to 17 in bucketloads of snow, wading through the landscape with the snow half way up to my knees (not exaggerating, seriously) is actually quite the work out. But back to the “games”. The dogs are supposed to use the wind and search for birds, taking account of the landscape, geography, the sun etc to calculate in their own way where the birds are likely to be found. All the time, they must show that their chosen path and most importantly search direction and turn direction use the wind to the best possible advantage. For example, if the wind is coming from behind us (for example from the north), the dog is supposed to run in a straight line with the wind (here, that would be south) and then zig-zag its way back to me (whilst I walk slowly towards the south) whilst using its nose and searching for birds. If or when it finds anything, it is supposed to stop and point with its nose against the birds. Then, I’m supposed to go up to the dog (following in the dogs footsteps so as not to scare the bird) and say “yes” or something like that. This should awaken the dog from its “trance” state, and the dog should flush out the bird. Then comes the hard part. The dog is very eager to catch the bird. And yes, as asked, it might actually succeed, but that is very unusual. The birds are very strong fliers. (However, T has managed this once, LOL, he jumped up and caught is mid-air.) The idea is instead that the dog should sit as the bird gets air borne. This makes shooting the bird easier for the hunter and safer for the dog. It is however against the dogs very strong instincts, so not so easy to accomplish in real life. LOL.

The searching part is graded, giving the dog the possibility for a good grade / prize. However, the search is not enough for a prize, the dog must also find a bird, flush it properly, and then sit down immediately. If he does, and the search characters are good enough, you might win.

Last weekend, we got a 3 prize, because the search was a bit immature. Barking and rolling around in the snow. LOL. This weekend, the search was perfect (good enough for 1) but he didn’t find any birds that were willing to stay put until I could get my *ss up to him (darn snow) and say “yes”. So the “flush” bit was not there, nor the “sit”. I.e. no prize, please go home, thank you for playing. LOL.

And thank you for reading, if you are still here!

Then, a play-by-play:

T started out strong, only one bark towards the other dog (there are two dogs running around at the same time) before he realised that he had work to do. Used the wind, run hard, and generally did his job well. However, there were no birds in that area that he *should* search. So he decided to search somewhere else instead. Bad dog. Disappeared for about 10 minutes. The judge said that the appointed time was up, and please call your dogs. Oh my. Good luck to me. But by trotting myself up on a little hillside, I could see him faaaaaar away, turned and yelled “he is coming now”. Not really. But by screaming “good boy, come to mama, gooooooooood booooooy” I finally got T’s attention and he came. Just in time.

The judge said that we were living dangerously, and if he disappeared at all in the next “run”, we were out.

Next time it was our turn again, T did an excellent job! Good boy! So we were in the play again. Forgiven and celebrated by all. LOL.

Third “run”: Started out strong. Excellent search. Much cred from the judge. And then. Gone. With the wind? Against the wind? Just gone. Felt like I might get a stroke. The judge sent me downhill to look for him, saying I should hope he was standing somewhere pointing or else…. Skiing fast fast fast downhill, 300 meters. Can’t find him. Panic. Then the other participants start yelling but can’t hear what they are saying at first. Then I hear them “HE IS STANDING UP THEEEEEEEREEE”. Waaaaay up on a hillside. Maybe 1km from where I am. Start running uphill. Stroke feels imminent again. And then. Dog and birds both start flying across the snow. I don’t see him yet but I can hear him. Bark bark bark like a dog hunting for rabbits. Oh lord…. (they are really (!!) not supposed to bark, another possible way to get thrown out of the competition). Aaaaaanyways. The judge liked him so much we actually go a fourth “run” at the end of the day. By then T was dead tired from his little barking expedition.

To be completed… Gotta run.

Hugs!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hope everything went well at the dentist today @Tekate and you’ve got a solution for the implants that doesn’t involve you having to sell a kidney! Wow, 5 weeks away, you’re going to have to be really organised with your packing, bet the excitement levels are through the roof waiting for the baby. Who’ll be looking after Salles while you’re away?

Only one is my girl @Keeliamira, she’s an Italian Spinone and came to us aged 2 1/2 yrs old. She’s the sweetest thing imaginable and so well behaved. I hope your MRI went well this morning and they’ve found the reason for your crippling migraines.

Everything crossed for you and DH on the job front, if you can cope with everything that you have to deal with at home, a new job should be a piece of cake! Go get ‘em, you can do it.

:lol: good boy T, he’s an independent spirit and didn’t want to do things the easy way @Scandinavian. Dottie is a HPR but she’d be hopeless :D No wonder you’re pooped, all that exercise.

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with so much at the moment @missy, sending love and hugs, one minute, one hour, one day at a time is all you can do. I hope the pain starts to lessen, because it really wears you out. Continuing to keep hoping sweet little Francesca rallies round.

Woohoo on getting a new Mac @marcy I think that’s what Adam has and is really pleased with it. Phooey to having to go back to work, but at least it didn’t stop you getting a good deal on your new PC :D I hope you’ll enjoy the film when you see it, for us, we’d happily see it again soon.

Hi @Mamabean and @sarahb hope you’ve both been having a good day.

Hope your trip to the dentist also went well today @junebug17 and you got the all clear.

Wonderful news @Sandeek, everything crossed the ABs work their magic and you're finally all clear.

The plumber came this morning, and the problem is exactly what I thought. I rang the manufacturer because I remembered from last time that the part was relatively inexpensive. They tried to sell me the entire assembly, but I said no. I sent them a photograph, and hey presto, they found the part which was just a few pounds. As soon as it arrives, Richard will come back and fit it.

We went to Costco this afternoon and got out relatively unscathed :lol:

I’m assuming that none of you have ever tried one of our traditional delicacies, it’s called Toad in the hole, and this is what we had for dinner this evening :lol: Don’t worry, no toads were harmed in the making of dinner. It’s sausages and the same batter that Yorkshire puddings are made of.

C6F67C06-5EF5-48B7-853B-BD0BBC851A95.jpeg

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira thinking of you and hoping your MRI went well this morning.

@Austina I don't eat sausage but that looks tasty.:lickout:

@Scandinavian your weekend in the mountains sounded like quite the exhausting, stressful but fun time and T did great.:appl:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
The mri was fine...results in a few days. Easy, but they used contrast and I’m feeling cruddy so I left work early. Crossing my fingers for a nap!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mri was fine...results in a few days. Easy, but they used contrast and I’m feeling cruddy so I left work early. Crossing my fingers for a nap!

Feel better and take a restful nap. Glad it's over now. Fingers crossed for good results.:pray:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina that was great! they only want one of my kidneys and half a liver :) thanks for asking tho, appreciate it. Dentist was intersting, I will list below what he said. I was looking at homes for sale in Spicewood TX and thought of you and your husband, are you planning on leaving England permanently when you do make a move? I think you told me once that you were planning that but my 66 yr old brain is sort of on slow drive these days ;-) so the shower is fixed almost? great news and Austina, IF you really got out unscathed from Costco then I admire you! At some point maybe you can make me Toad in the Hole because it looks divine! yum. (one for me and one for you and your husband! ;-) xoxo girlie. added: Salley is coming with us! a real pain but I can't be that long without her. xo

@Sandeek I hope you are getting rest and I hope the PICC line is in.. dentist today was interesting as I said to Austina I will post below what he said. Of course he thinks I'm a comedian. :) sending love your way girl. :dance: Sandeek YOU rock. You have been thru so much junk and terror thru this that you deserve the mellow yellow award for not going ballastic. I feel so for you.. ((Sandeek)) always. :)

@Keeliamira Whoa! you get shots, oh girl I am sorry but happy if they work for you.. I try to not get migraines. How is the family situation going? how was the MRI.. ? moving? You love Missy's opal? me too! it is gorgeous, I have to say the NIRDI's have awesome, cool jewelry... @Jimmianne always finds the most cool, beautiful stuff on ebay etc. And keeliamira I'm glad DD1 is doing better, you are a good mom! xoxoxo

@Mamabean Hi Mamabean! happy Tuesday :wavey: I've never read back but I should!

@Scandinavian gosh Scandi your dog is magnificent.. great story about the competition.. and big hugs back atcha! :wavey:

@marcy a new Mac? I have never used an apple product but love to hear what you think.

@junebug17 dentist!?? me too, all is well June? I hope so.

@Calliecake Hi Callie sending you a big hi and hope all is well from Maine, USA :wavey:

@missy Missy hon, thank you so much for all your words and support, it has meant a hell of a lot this last year. You are always there for me, you are gracious, you are a sweetheart in person and your husband is grand! you and Greg were so swell to my sweetie Katie :) and thank you for your kind words about my Chris.. living and hitting up in da city... I am sorry you have to type one fingered but you must let this thing heal.. today antibiotics are not as effective (I'm sure you know this so I am not lecturing really!) and that cyst loves to come back.. so I'm for you.. We leave next Friday for Austin, first stop in a family party in Maryland with all my husband's bros and sister and some nieces, nephews and Chris is coming. Then off to St Louis to see my ex-sister in law from waaay back who's been a great friend for the last 34 years since she split from her husband and I split from his brother (Jan and April of 85!).. then we do the trek to Austin, stay with my bestie Kath for one or 2 nites then off to the VRBO for a month then home.. but Autumn will be born and we can't wait! so far I've bought their crib, their car seat and their porta-crib, some baby clothes.. I've decided to be called Nanny, my boys called my mom Nanny, I called my grandmothers Nanny so I've decided to keep that going, otherwise is would have been Grandma Kate and Grandma Dumbdumb (she's a pain).. I'm bad. How are you doing in reference to your aunt? I hope Francesca is doing better Missy I truly do. ((Missy)).. Chris may bring his car up this weekend. we shall see. I probably won't be back east till you are out in Jersey but maybe we might catch up b4 then if we are both in the city. :) say hi to dear Greg, tell him in our next lives, he's mine ;-) (you know I'm just kidding).. xoxoxoxoxoxo to you and Greg.

Missy, don't type, don't worry, I think you know that we all support you and if you hibernate for a while or even a long while that all I want and I'm sure we all want is for you to heal, feel better, take it easy and enjoy what you can.. you have TONS on your plate.. I'm always here by phone anytime. I'm so sorry. I know how you feel to an extent because my aunt died on 2/6 and my teeth and kids, grands, car stuff, etc.. but KNOW THIS I'm here for you.

@ringo865 Hi! how are you today? do you still have snow where you live? we still have it here in Maine! ugh and sick of it. xoxo

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops forgot to say what the dentist said:

Basically my mouth is totally hosed, I need a HUGE bridge (temporarily) may not ever been able to get another implant where I want it, I may have infection in my Temporomandibular joint, or it may be osteoarthritis, etc, gotta get that checked because IF it's an infection ha! so I think it's osteoarthritis because I have no pain there, I need all my crowns replaced, etc.

So I can't decided if I'm going to have a temp bridge put in, 1K or a temp bridge that won't come out till I get the implant again 3-4K, John said don't worry about the money, meh. not sure.. DentistDr told me all about how dentists are now using a more WHOLE approach to one's mouth not just a fix this, then fix this etc. I have a SEVERE HUGE overbite (his words) I knew this already, not much I can go about it now, I should have had braces when I was a kid, my parents would have laughed, plus I saw kids who had them and they cried and had to use wax to help the pain, I would not have done that.

Anyway, I think I will go for the temp removable one, money isn't really my own concern, I am concerned that once the teeth (tooth?) he wants to anchor the bridge on (the one I had root canal on 6 months ago) is still sore and not as steady as it should be...what happens when it has to be pulled? I think I will go for the removable till I am sure about the future of the infection, and the future of this tooth.

IF YOU READ THIS FAR I owe you a coffee somewhere! fer sure.

love you NIRDIs.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey:Thanks for the welcome @Keeliamira! I always knew you girls were special but reading all the way back proves it! What a sweet bunch! I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

@missy I was in Walgreens today and saw a shampoo for people that can’t take a shower or bath. It’s their generic brand..but it’s a cap that you out on your head and stuff your hair in..You squish it around and don’t rinse it out and it even conditions your hair. I was intrigued with it..and thought of you. You have lots of hair so not sure it would all fit in the cap. I would be willing to try it for you to see if it’s any good. I would just wash my hair afterwards..no trouble for me at all..

@Jimmianne I’m happy Mr. Monet’s surgery was a success! I understand being nervous when they have to put our furry babies under anesthesia..My dog Bailey had to have PTLO surgery a few years ago. We were at our house in Maryland and his foot went into a hole and he screamed in pain. My husband wasn’t at the house yet and had to drive there from Delaware..and I couldn’t lift him because he’s seventy pounds. I told Bailey I was sorry I couldn’t lift him but he could use me to help him get into the house. He understood me..Betwen the both of us and him using me for his other leg we made it into the kitchen. I had to wait until my husband got there to bring him to a new vet in that area so she could advise us what was wrong. It was a CCL complete tear equivalent to the ACL ligament in humans. We got him back to PA where surgeons had to sever his bone and reattach it with a plate and screws. I sat with him for three months in a small pen in my family room because he was on restricted movement and he couldn’t walk without me holding him up with a sling around his belly..and I wouldn’t let anyone else walk him..even my husband..He’s my furry boy and I love him so..

@junebug17 You are so talented! I collect vintage tole painted trays which I hang on the walls close to the ceilings in my two houses.
C73D9071-59BE-4493-AE1C-C34ED0A84F26.jpeg
F8B02F3E-10D7-48FF-996F-9ECEDE0E9ACF.jpeg
These are just two of many..I love them. I use to paint for fun but not in a long time.

@Austina Your dogs are beautiful! What kind are they? Do they shed? I love my Bailey but it’s a never ending battle and I lose..Did you post a pic of your new gates? I can’t find it if you did..

@Scandinavian I love all your photos..It makes me want to travel there! It looks so serene. I read you were thinking of doing your kitchen. Did you do it? I have a white kitchen and I love it..This house had beautiful cherry cabinets but I always wanted white so I donated the kitchen so I didn’t feel wasteful. I got the oven I always wanted thinking it would be my foreverhouse but I have one more move left..Your dog is so adorable!

@Tekate I’m 65 so close to you in age..I feel old sometimes hearing and seeing all the sweet young girls on here..but what I love about this place is everyone is like sisters..older and younger and we have lots of common interest no matter the disparity in age!

@Calliecake I often think about what I would do if I could live my life over again when I look at old pictures of myself. For one thing I wouldn’t be so critical of myself. I would have been more forgiving of some of my shortcomings.

@ringo865 I hope your second treatment goes as well as your first. I’m sending you a hug from Pa..

@av I always enjoy your posts. You seem like such a smart, nice person. I can’t even imagine my brain being able to get through a thesis..

I’m sorry if I missed anyone! I just found out my new neighbor is coming here tomorrow and my house needs a pickup badly! :eek2:

Have a great morning...afternoon..or evening..wherever you are!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, i bet typing with one finger is not fun. I am sure doing most things with one hand is not fun. Keeping you in my thoughts with all you are going through. Big Hugs and mega dust coming your way. I’m with the turtle.

Scandi, I love your pictures - snow and sweet furbabies. I totally enjoyed hearing how the competitions go; very interesting.

Keeliamira, I hope your DH’s interview goes well tomorrow and good luck with your job application. Did you get your door today? I am glad your MRI went well.

Sandeek, yay for a win on your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Good luck with the PICC line and sending you mega dust you are done with all of that in 6 weeks.

Austina, glad you got the plumbing part on the way without a major dent in your pocketbook. Marty has had Toad in a hole (I had to ask him). He said bubble and squeak is really disgusting. He tried marmite. He is actually going through a list online now saying what he tried while he was there.

Kate, I’ve been using all Apple products for about 10 years. I have the 2016 version of the MacBook Pro right now and love it except for the issues I am having with the keyboard. My Apple Care should repair or replace it free so after I send it in I will try to sell it. A lady at work already told me today she’d be interested. The one I ordered has a touch bar that replaces your function keys. Marty has the 15” version of that and loves it. I am sorry to hear about what they found at the dentist. I think the temp removable one sounds like a good way to go as well. Mega dust to you on that. Your travels sound great.

Mamabean, your tole painted trays are lovely.

I had a busy day at work. Marty did most of the dishes. What a nice guy.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry you're having a rough time and feeling overwhelmed, you have a lot going on right now - sending lots of support and hugs to you. Lol to that meme, I'm a turtle!

@marcy, sweet that you're getting a new computer, and getting some money off to boot! It's great you know someone who is interested in your old one. Be careful maneuvering around those snow drifts. Yay to Marty doing the dishes, very nice!

@Scandinavian, such beautiful pics, and your furbaby is precious! I really enjoyed reading about T's adventures, he sounds like quite a free spirit...running away, disappearing, playing in the snow lol! But he also did very well on some things too, so congrats to T for that! And I know it was all very stressful for you. Wow, you have definitely gotten a workout at this competion, I was exhausted just reading about you moving through all that snow.

@Keeliamira, thanks for the compliment on the painting!:kiss2: I'm sending you and dh lots of good wishes and dust for your new jobs. I'm so sorry you couldn't sleep due to stress, that is the worst feeling. Fingers crossed you get your door very soon, low 30's is pretty darn cold in my book! Your Saint Patrick's day dinner sounds so delicious! So happy to read that dd is doing better. I hope you continue to stay migraine free and very glad the prednisone is helping you. Hope you were able to get that nap in!

@Austina, wonderful news that the shower repair isn't going to be really expensive. That doesn't happen too often with home repairs! Your Toad in the hole looks good! And good job not spending a fortune in Costco, it's very easy to do. :P2

@Sandeek, I'm so glad the surgery went well and such great news that they didn't have to implant more metal. I hope everything goes well with the PICC line. Sending you lots of good wishes and healing dust for a smooth recovery, (((hugs))). Check in with us when you can, would love to hear from you. <3

@Mamabean, your trays are beautiful! That's pretty much the type of painting I do - decorative painting on trays, glass, ceramics etc...and mostly flowers lol! I haven't painted in a long time but recently have felt motivated and interested for some reason...we'll see how long it lasts :roll I'm very rusty! And yes, like you, it's just for fun.

My cleaning went fine, although apparently I'm not flossing correctly, grrr. Isn't it good enough that I do it at all?? I'm not curving around my teeth enough. Ugh. Tomorrow is the groinocologist, as Archie Bunker used to say. :P2 And Thursday is Zoe's check-up at the vet. Such a fun week :roll2:

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday! Xxx

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such Happy, Happy, Happy News @Sandeek!!! Reading that your surgery went well made my day!!!! We ALL are sending lots of positive energy your way!

@Keeliamira , Sending dust hoping your MRI results are normal and sending job dust to both you and your husband. I hope things are improving for your daughter.

@missy, I’m sorry to hear about Greg’s Aunt Carolyn. Did your finger feel any better as the day went on? Sending healing dust for you and sweet Francesca.

@junebug17 , I hope your dental appt went well today. There is nothing simplistic about your painting. A stick figure is simplistic. Drawing and painting is very hard to do!!! Both you and @Mamabean have a gift.

Your painted tole trays are beautiful @Mamabean .

@Tekate , I can’t wait to hear about your upcoming visit to Austin and how great that you get to see Chris too. How is Cara feeling now? Nanny is a cute name but Autumn may come up with her own name for you. One of my nieces called her grandma “Bee”. No one knows where that name came from but it’s the only name my niece calls her grandma. I’m sorry about your mouth issues. Do you ever wonder if these mouth/teeth problems will ever end? I have a consultation appt on Thursday with a new oral surgeon. It’s never comforting to hear your dentist say that the oral surgeon you were previously seeing is going to try to talk you into a procedure the dentist thinks is dangerous. I know one tooth needs to be pulled and two screws need to be removed. I’m still not happy that the previous oral surgeon neglected to tell me he was putting three screws in my mouth to prepare my mouth for implants. After hearing all you and Sandeek have been thru, I’m just grateful I don’t have an infection. At this point I’m doubting I will go ahead with the implants.

Marcy, Any updates on the pendant??? I’m glad you were able to get the diamond you really wanted. No jewelry splurges in my future right now. So glad we get to see your new purchas. Great news about getting the new computer.

@Austina, What a sweet pic of Dottie. She is pretty smart being the closest one to the food!

@Scandinavian , Thank you for explaining T’s competition. No wonder you and your furbaby were exhausted!! It sounded like T was having a really good time.

@Ringo, Thinking of you and hoping you next treatment is easier. Can they give you anything to help with the pain? Sending dust and positive thoughts your way.

Thank you @missy, @junebug17 , @Austina, @Tekate, @Keeliamira, @marcy and @Mamabean, Thank you for your kind words. Getting a good night sleep and reading the kind replies made me put everything in perspective very quickly. None of us get perfect lives but most of get more than our fair share of happiness. Even when we go thru difficult things in life most of us are lucky enough to have people who help us get through them. We really never know what someone is stuggling with. @Ringo and @Keeliamira, I’m glad you found this thread. Hopefully we can help you or at the very least be a shoulder to lean on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Off to doctor soon but I am most concerned about Francesca who was coughing all night. She is rapidly getting worse. I am going get her in to see Debbie this Saturday between doctor appointments almost every single day for at least a week and the funeral on friday. I have no clue how we are going to get through this ordeal or if francesca will ultimately be ok. Not being negative just pragmatic. I want to believe in fairy tales and I am praying for a happy resolution but can't see the path to that right now. Heartbreaking having her cough all night with little we could do for her.:cry2: I cuddled with her all night wide awake as she coughed.

@junebug17 thanks so much. Sorry about the flossing. I'm with you. Just doing it should be enough. Sending you and Zoe big hugs. Please tell Zoe her Aunt Missy loves her very much.

@Sandeek today I'm sending you so much dust and good luck for your PICC line insertion. (((Hugs))) and healing ***DUST***

@Tekate aww thank you and you know I feel exactly the same about you. I am so lucky to have you as a friend. If I could type more easily I'd write a book but suffice to say I think the world of you and of your sweet family too. Greg and I can't wait til you visit again. And hahaha if I have to share Greg with anyone you are on the short list of friends I'd be happy to share with.:P2 Hope Chris's car situation is resolved. Thinking of you all.
((((HUGS)))).

@ringo865 I know tomorrow is your next chemo but am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending much dust your way too.

@marcy glad Marty is such a good DH and took care of the dishes. Hope work goes smoothly today.

@Mamabean you are too kind. Not necessary but I so appreciate your generous offer. Greg is pretty good now at shampooing and conditioning and detangling my hair. I can only use sulfate free products so I have to be very careful. My hair is so thin now it dries in like an hour despite its length. Soon I won't have any hair left to worry about and honestly atm I don't care.:(

Love those trays you have in your gorgeous home. :love:

@Austina how was the dish you made? I am sure it was delicious. Hope you're enjoying a nice day.

@Keeliamira hope you had a good night's sleep and good luck today...fingers crossed you receive good news on all fronts.

@AV_ good morning/afternoon. Hope you're having a good week.

@Scandinavian I enjoyed your part I description of the competition. Hope work is going smoothly for you.

@Calliecake hope you got and love your new car. Leasing for now is smart. In 2-3 years you might find the perfect one to buy.

Just want to add I am super grateful for all the wonderful women here. This thread is truly a soft pillow to fall on during challenging times and a place to rejoice during happy times. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Sorrow shared is sorrow halved and joy shared is joy doubled. Truth.

Have a good Wednesday! (((Hugs))).

Leaving you with 2 photos of Fred (he's elderly so please excuse his yellow and toothy yawn) from this AM. Scary yawn LOL.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.59.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.59.48 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning everyone :wavey:

@Calliecake sounds like you have had more than your fair share of 'oral surgeon' 'dentist' 'implant' problems.. anytime you want to talk - I'm your man (or Woeman ;-) ) I believe implants have created a new industry for Oral Surgeons - failed oral implants - infected oral implants etc. Hope you are feeling well and yes it's a crazy world of dentists. sending a hug your way. And Callie, your words to the new members was beautiful and exactly how I feel, thank you :)

@junebug17 my dentist yesterday told me that maybe I should be have been one of 'those' people who needed to have my teeth cleaned 3X a year not twice and brace etc. I floss the way your dentist/technician wants you to but to no avail. :)

@marcy you have a wonderful husband, have a great day at work.!

@missy Settled, next life we share Greg! thank you for your kind words. As always so lucky for NIRDI's, PS and meeting you and all these fine women. Fred is beautiful! Missy I love what you said about shared above, so true. I feel the same way. Thank you about Chris's car, what a disaster! :) (said in Bronx accent of course). I'm here as always should you want to talk, text etc

@Scandinavian @Keeliamira @ringo865 @Jimmianne @Austina @AV_ thinking of you all and hoping your day today is great. I am trying to not write tomes to everyone. :) I talk waayy too much.

Supposed to be warmer today, here's hoping for a 40 degree fahrenheit day here in Maine!

hugs to all

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s a date @Tekate, Toad in the hole it is :lol: We are planning the move permanently to Austin, once we leave here, that’ll be it, no going back. Spicewood is really close to where we’ll be.

FWIW I think it’s a good idea to go with the temporary fix until you’re absolutely sure that everything is completely settled in your mouth. You’ve been through so much already, I wouldn’t risk implants.

Glad to hear the MRI went well @Keeliamira , but sorry to hear you were feeling yuk. Hope you had a good rest and woke up feeling better today.

I had to laugh at Marty not liking bubble and squeak @marcy. It’s our traditional Boxing Day fayre with cold turkey. It was originally developed to use up leftovers, but I always make it fresh. Mashed potatoes and vegetables, formed into patties, lightly floured and then fried to make it crispy, rather like a veggie burger. Marmite on the other hand :sick: too salty for me, but Colin loves it. We usually have to take a jar for Adam when we visit.

You can pretty much guarantee if there’s food, there’s Dottie @Calliecake :lol:

Only the one with the red arrow is mine @Mamabean , she’s an Italian Spinone, and they’re supposed to have rough, wiry coats that you hand strip. She’s got a soft coat, and doesn’t shed fortunately. As soon as the gates are completely done, I’ll post a picture. They said they were coming this week, but of course, now it’s next week :x2

Fortunately the part is inexpensive and easy to replace @junebug17 if it’d been the shower cartridge, that was about $150 + fitting. The part’s been dispatched, so hopefully it’ll all be done soon, then we can repaint the kitchen ceiling, and it’ll all be as good as new. Hope your groinologist appt when well today, and good luck for Zoe tomorrow.

Oh no @missy, I was hoping that the nebuliser would help little Francesca, poor little girl, it must be so distressing for you all. It’s horrible having to consider the worst case scenario. This is the awful part of loving them so much, no matter how many times you go through it, or how much you tell yourself you’ve given them the best life possible. Keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping for the best possible outcome. xxx

My battery is about to go, so sorry if I’ve not said hello to you all, but I need to charge up :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek what a relief to be done with those procedures this past Monday and yesterday and hope you are continuing to feel A OK and had a good night's sleep. The healing is taking place and you are hopefully very soon going to look back on all this as a fading distant memory. Sending you more hugs and continued healing dust!

@Tekate Did it hit 40 degrees in Maine yesterday? Are you going to get your teeth cleaned more often? I hate those cleanings but know they are so much more thorough than the way we brush and floss. I haven't been able to do my usual flossing with one hand useful only though I am trying and my gums are already suffering with a bit of bleeding when I brush. 2 weeks and already I can see how this is making a difference and cannot wait to be able t use both hands. Hope the car situation is easily resolved and I hope you enjoyed the rest of the day yesterday. XO

@ringo865 GOOD LUCK today! Healing vibes and (((hugs))).

@Austina hope everything is fixed now and running properly!:appl:

@marcy THANK YOU!!!!!! You're a love and so thoughtful. Big bear (((hugs)))

@Calliecake can I offer my congrats on ordering your snazzy coupe yet? :sun:

@AV_ hello there, anything new happening? Sounds like you have some awesome new fragrances to try.

My surgical follow up went ok. He didn't take off the steristrips though so we won't know anything til Monday. He didn't want to risk opening the wound. He wants me to continue keeping it immobilized and taking the antibiotics and will see me Monday. The PT made the splint smaller after the surgeon rebandaged over the steristrips and we will see. There was blood on the sterstrips but he thinks it's dried. It worries me that it still hurts but all I can do is wait, follow directions and hope for the best.

My parents visited yesterday and we enjoyed a walk but I was very fatigued. My mom told me she is throwing a surprise 85th (lol I am so confused as I thought he was 85 and turning 86 but nope he is 84 turning 85) birthday party for my dad end of April so that will be nice.
Tomorrow we are going to the funeral mass for our dear Aunt Carolyn and luncheon afterwards. I expect it will be an exhausting day but very glad we can attend.

Saturday we are bringing Francesca to my sister at her clinic to get another Xray and evaluation and to try figuring out what options are left for our sweet little girl.

Thinking of all of you even those I didn't mention including but not listed to @junebug17 @Keeliamira, @Jimmianne, @Mamabean @Scandinavian, @PierreBear, @rainwood, @sarahb and anyone else I forgot. XO.

Have a good Friday all and sending you love and (((hugs))).

Leaving you with a photo of our sweet Aunt Carolyn.

auntcarolyn.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so sorry to read about your aunt. Fred must be the most scary cat I have ever seen. He looks like he might do me some serious injury, LOL. Quite the little tiger!

Hugs to all, I must hurry today. First, parent-teacher conference, so I have rushed home from work for that, and then dinner with DH and friends to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. Which is not today, LOL but only day we could all make it together. Tradition.

Hugs to all!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, glad the appointment for your finger went ok and I'm continuing to send lots of healing dust to you. Dh uses these to floss his teeth, you only need one hand to use them. I can't use them, I think my teeth are too close together and the string breaks. Just thought I'd throw it out there anyway. But you'll be able to get your gums back into shape after your finger is healed so try not to worry too much.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plackers...MI18uVlKyT4QIVU4GzCh15zQPsEAQYBCABEgI0mPD_BwE

I'm really hoping your sister can come up with another way to help Francesca.:pray: I know it is so hard to see her not doing well. Aunt Carolyn was a lovely woman, and she does look like a very kind person. Sending hugs to you on your loss and I hope tomorrow goes ok for you.

Love the pics of Fred! he is such a sweetie :love: So nice your mother is having a party for your father, it will fun getting together with your family for such a happy occasion.

@Scandinavian, have a wonderful time celebrating with your friends! :appl:

@Tekate, I think the temporary bridge sounds like a good idea; your reasoning makes sense!

@Calliecake, I am so glad you are feeling better! I think we are at that time in our lives where we become reflective about the past, and nostalgic about certain periods of our lives. It can be kind of painful and sad sometimes. You are so right that we have to remind ourselves that there is joy in our current lives, much to be grateful for, and good times are still ahead for us! I try to keep this in mind too but I know it's not always easy (((Hugs))). And oh no to you still having dental issues! :cry2: I am so sorry and I hope this new oral surgeon is competent and helpful, and comes up with a course of treatment that makes the most sense for you.

@Tekate, I AM one of those people LOL...I neglected my teeth for a while and had to have a deep cleaning, and since then have been getting a cleaning evey 3 months. I hear you...I have a feeling my teeth and gums will be in the same shape even if I make an effort to do what she says but I'll certainly give it the old college try.

Sending love and healing vibes to @Sandeek and @ringo865, hugs to you ladies. <3

@Keeliamira, I hope your migraines haven't returned and hopefully that door is up by now!

My doctor appointment went fine yesterday...although I made the appointment a few months ago and had completely forgotten the receptionist had told me they moved to a new office...by some MIRACLE I remembered as I was driving to the appointment, whew. I was very upset I had forgotten but happy that I remembered :lol:

Have a great day all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls!
It’s raining here but I have time this morning which is wonderful so I thought I would check in to see how you all are doing!
@missy I’m glad the follow up with the surgeon went okay. I would leave those steri strips on as long as possible...I had mine on for three weeks once..They would curl at the edges and I would clip that..but I was told to let them come off naturally. Of course if the surgeon will do it then that’s the best. Is the pain any better? I don’t know which part of the finger you had the surgery on but fingers can be very painful when anything is done to them..never mind surgery. I have a high threshold for pain..and my dermatologist once had to burn off a wart on the end of my finger....disgusting I know...and he told me it would be very painful. I told him I was going to be fine..I can take pain, etc...Well...I screamed like a baby and whined about how much it hurt..He had to give me Tylenol and sit in the other office until it kicked in. It was so embarrassing..and that was a wart..omg...I think you’re a trooper!

Your Aunt Carolyn looks like she was a very sweet person...:(2

Fred is a cutey for sure but with that face he made I would give him anything he wants! :eek2:

@Calliecake I’m late to the party but you had dental implants and have an infection? That must be so painful. I hope you’re already on the mend!
I think you were the one getting a new car and was considering a Mercedez? I have the BMW X3 and my husband has the five series. We don’t want beemers anymore because they are so needy. It’s either the tires deflate in the cold and error screens come up..or the latest one with chassis malfunctioning errors coming up..My husband thinks I should get a Mercedes 350. I picked the x3 because it had a lower back so Bailey could jump in..Many of the suvs have a high back. I did buy a ramp for him but it’s so heavy and cumbersome to use it..and then I have to try to fit it in the back seat..It s all about my Bailey’s comfort! We drive our cars until they die..I get a little nervous with that now because I drive to Maryland a lot and don’t want to get stuck with my 93 year old mother, son and Bailey..

@Tekate I don’t like going to the dentist but I go every four months to a periodontist. I hate hate hate going and try to talk myself out of it every single time. I talk to myself and tell myself to be brave...No one knows I’m afraid..I hide it well but I’m so happy when I walk out of that office..I notice the sky is bluer..the birds are singing....life is good until four months later! Lol

@ringo865 I hope your treatment went well today and you are feeling okay...

@Scandinavian Happy 13 year anniversary!

@Austina Gates in front of your house sounds lovely. I can’t wait to see them. I love decorating so things like getting new gates would be fun. I don’t like when repair people say they’re going to call or come and they don’t. I’m having an issue with a terrible leak in my mom’s bedroom ceiling. I know a ridge vent has to be replaced..but I think it’s considered a small job so I can’t get anyone to come..or even return my calls! It’s frustrating! I even have a leak coming through the wall in the finished basement and no one will come to look at that either...I feel like my house is made of Swiss cheese!
How exciting you are moving to Austin! I’m assuming to be near your son..We lived in Houston for nine years. The people were just wonderful and friendly. The only thing was the heat..woo..It was hot!

@Keeliamira I’ve never had a migraine..but I know how painful they can be. My husband used to get them but he would also have it affect his vision where he couldn’t see during an episode. As he got older he got the migraines less and less and now he can tell one is coming because his vision blurs before the pain hits..He takes Excedrin and goes into a dark room..He used to have to take pretty strong medicine when he was younger....but now the Excedrine actually prevents it from coming out. I hope that happens for you too..

@Sandeek I hope you are feeling okay..
@junebug17 Your painting is definitely much better than the paintings on my tole trays..You’re VERY talented.
@AV_ I hope you’re taking time to get time away for some fun..
@Jimmianne :wavey: Hope you are having a great day so far!
Hugs to all!

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good evening! ::)

Just dropping by to say I am still ticking - if drastically overwhelmed by 'it' all (what is 'it'? I am on the hardest part of writing - doing the intro / abstract / synopsis 'a cauda' & down to the deepest circle of this Hell: the TITLE! - the one thing likely to be read of it all)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy all well here and yes I think I will start getting 3 cleanings a year (at this late date :) ) I am very much looking forward to reading what your sister will say about Francesca. I am sending good thoughts to your way that she has something up her sleeve to try. Your picture of your Aunt Carolyn is lovely, I'm sorry she died Missy, it's so painful I know. Sending you a virtual and loving hug or 2 or 3million.. I've been on your antibiotic years ago and I became the "our lady of yeast infections" in every pocket of my body. I hope you didn't have that reaction and it's not very hot Texas weather, your antibiotic is very very good for skin so I am glad you are taking it. I hope you start to regain some strength because these kind of situations are totally draining I know. xoxoxo Missy, I'm here. Fred is gorgeous Missy :)

@Mamabean boy are you show you aren't 'clone of Kate' LOVE what you wrote, dentists try so hard to be kind and yet it's always always always so painful.. ((Mamabean)) I have a BM@ X3 also, we've had all kinds of cars and I have the Mercedes 350, I agree somewhat that BMWs are needy, their computers LOVE to be updated etc. it's interesting you mention the tires, ours has had 4 flats, we got the insurance on the tires as a friend of ours said HE got it for his X3. My experience with Mercedes 350 was one of joy and upsell upsell upsell, I got really tired of them trying to upsell me every damn time I brought it in for one thing or the other, now that was Mercedes-Benz of Austin, TX, maybe they aren't all like that, but I can say unequivocally that their car rides tighter and faster than the X3, Mercedes is a german work of mechanical art, I loved the car but after the warranty ran out EVERYTHING costs 1K to fix, with the freaking window shade thingy in the back costing 2700 to fix, off I went to Lexus! hah, but again, Mercedes is fine! faster car I ever had and I've had tons. (age ya know) :)\\\

@Austina sending a big hi to you!

@Keeliamira like Mamabean's husband, I took got visual disturbance when I get a migraine, I too cannot see out of 1/4 of my eye it's all zig zag lines (looks sorta like lightening bolts) and it actually goes around my eye, first time I had it it was 1/2 my eye then the other, 2nd time it was 1/4 going all around my eye, 3rd time it just went 1/2 way around, with a headache that makes you very ill.. I do not like them and like to ward them off.. sending hugs to you.

@junebug17 Hi June, those floss threads your husband uses are great, maybe @missy would like them too, I first tried one when I was out with a girlfriend who carries everything known to man in her pocketbook, sort of like Hermione's bag! good idea to suggest! Junie I dunno, I neglected my teeth when I was pregnant with Chris (#2) because EVERYTHING made me sick, and that is when I really started to go downhill.. but I think I have bad teeth genes. Glad your doctor's appt went well June, very glad. :) xoxo
@
@Calliecake how are you? teeth?

@Scandinavian sweet dreams! nite!

@Jimmianne sending huge Holas! to you lady!

@Sandeek sending you love!

@Austina I remember you saying once that you were going to be looking out towards the Spicewood area when you are ready to move. xo

@ringo865 how are you doing after treatment? don't be a stranger please. sending you healing dust and care. xo

just put drops in my eyes that my new eye doc gave me and now i'm blurry (okay John says i'm always blurry!)

so whoever I missed it's because I'm blurry. but sending love to you all.

kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ title! it's funny how in our lives the thing we often think is the easiest AV, isn't. sending you good thoughts and believe you will soon get it if not already done so. sweet dreams to you from America. Kate xo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, it does not sound like your appointments are any fun this week. My dental hygienist always asks me “do you floss?” I swear I do every day. I can’t use those picks to floss either; I need the glide or it breaks off between my teeth which is a joy to get out of there then. I am glad your appointments went well.

Callie, I am sorry you’ve had problems with oral surgery. I have one missing tooth that should have an implant and I’ve always said no when my dentist suggests it. I have not heard anything on my pendant. I am guessing I’ll get it next Friday or Saturday. When do you get your new car? i am glad to hear the world looks better to you again.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear poor Francesca is coughing to much. I hope Debbie can help her on Saturday. Cute picture of sweet Fred. I hate to hear your finger is still hurting; I am glad they rewrapped it for you. Hurry up Monday, eh? Your Aunt Carolyn is beautiful; I’ll be thinking of all of you tomorrow.

Kate, I only know of 2 people who have had implants and they both had problems with infections. Probably why I’ve never pursued one for the tooth they had to pull about 8 years ago. Sorry I missed it - what happened to Chris’s car?

Austina, Marty went on for about 5 minutes explaining some of the local dishes he had when visiting the UK. He generally likes most food especially spicy. He made us a stew for Easter one time that is popular there; it is usually made with lamb and has cinnamon in it. I was not a fan.

Scandi, I hope the PT conference went well. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Scandi.

Mamabean, i did smile at your wart story; isn’t that the luck - after you brag about something then it blows up on you? Definitely always consider Bailey’s comfort in purchasing a new car.

AV, I hope your writer’s block is gone.

We went out for supper last night then spent money like drunken sailors at Sams Club. Marty stocked up on his chicken breasts and pork tenderloins and I filled our linen closet with mass quantities of paper products. I am waiting for UPS now to deliver my new laptop.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m glad everything went well with you doctors appointment. Please keep taking your antibiotics and hopefully you will get great news on Monday. You have always said your body heals slowly so just try to look at this is pretty much your normal. I hope everything goes a well as can be expected at Aunt Carolyn’s funeral. Funerals are always hard but I’m sure Greg’sv mom will be happy to have you there to support her. It’s never easy losing a family member.

@junebug17 I’m glad your appointment went well. At least you have them out of the way.

@Tekate and @Mamabean, I ruled out the BMW four series because a friend of ours have the five series and the have had more issues with it, in two years I think he has go thru 5 tires. I love the outside of the car but I like plusher seats inside and didn’t like not having a touch screen so I eliminated it fairly quickly. We have had 5 Infiniti’s thru the years, love their service department, and love how the comfortable the insides are. Now the problem is for the coupe, I could get the Mercedes I like for $2,000 more. I love the outside but again, they don’t have the touch screen and as much I like how the outside looks I just don’t feel it’s seats are as comfortable as the infinity. Again I love the outside of the Mercedes. Right now I’m pretty much going with the four door Infinity Q50.

Any advice @Austina, @Tekate, @Sandeek , @missy, @Mamabean or @marcy can offer on the next issue would be greatly appreciated. I found out today that I definitely need 2 implants, screws removed and a tooth pulled. I believe the cost for this is $8,000, not including the pice of the teeth that are to be implanted. I also have a permanent bridge that has 6 teeth that have all had root canals. Now there is a problem under two of these teeth. My guess is I may need this all redone with adding another two implants. I spent $15,000 on surgery and those 6 teeth, 7 years ago. After this work is done I also need 5 more caps and root canals. On top of all this, I clench my teeth badly every night to the point that I have cracked the five teeth that need a root canal and caps. After the root canals, the teeth are never as strong. The doctor did say it was possible I would break these teeth and need to have this all done over again 5 years from now. I’m considering just getting dentures. I’m afraid no matter what I do I will break the root canals with the nightly clenching. This all seems a lot to spend when there is a very real possibility I will need to redo this all in 5 years. At what point do you feel the pain, money and redo is not worth it every few years I’m redoing things and adding more implants. I don’t want to be on antibiotics for years because of a possible I could also get. The only good news is right now my gums are good and I have no infections. I’m confused and dont know what to do.

I’m sorry for the long post. I will post tomorrow about what everyone else is doing. I’m really tired and am beginning to feel the dental industry is a money making sceme. I’m dreading spending $40,000 on my mouth this year. incurance pays very little with a $2,000 a year limit.

Thank you to anyone who has actually read this post. I was bored to tears writing it. I know it is as exciting as watching paint drive to read.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say that your post is much more interesting than watching paint dry!
I hate to hear about all the dental issues here. Last year I had a dental scare, re: infection and laser surgery and thought THAT was bad until I read here what everyone else has been going through.

Marcy, I will never think of Sam’s club the same way again as I visualize all the drunken sailors doing their shopping. I imagine it takes quite a bit of food to support a tall man who weight lifts!

AV, you are a champ. Keep up the good work and one day at a time.

Happy Anniversary Scandi!!

Missy, your dear and beautiful Aunt Carolyn. I am sorry for your loss.

Hi to Everyone, and I hope you are having Spring or thinking about Spring or anticipating Spring! In any event, Happy Equinox!

Same old same old here. My house is a wreck, I am totally disorganized and I have to get on that plane Monday but somehow I keep surfing the net, reading books and generally goofing off. Mr.Monet had his one week follow up eye appointment yesterday and he is doing great. So relived no complications! At home he is actng at least 5 years younger and leaping up and down the stairs to go out. He hasn’t stopped wagging his tail since getting out of surgery.

Here is my « driveway project ». The trees are now about five years old and I planted them spaced just right so when mature they will (in theory) make a tunnel over the driveway. It is some of the best hard work I’ve done because I get joy from them in every season : )
47B28A55-FEF1-421D-9CEA-C49B00AAD340.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 thanks for your suggestions. I've tried those and many others like those. Unfortunately like you my teeth spaces are tight and they just don't work. But I appreciate your brainstorming for me. Hope you have a good day Junie.

@Sandeek how you feeling today? Thinking good thoughts for you with continued healing dust being sent your way. Please hug your sweet pup for me.

@ringo865 hope the treatment went well yesterday.

@Tekate how are your eyes now? Thanks for all your love and support. I'm sorry the antibiotics gave you a yeast infection. I've never had one and praying I don't get one but know it's a real possibility despite taking probiotics and eating fermented vegetables. What are your plans this weekend? How's the temps?

@AV_ yes the title matters and I am confident you will figure it out. You are talented and bright and you've got this. Hope you are making progress and hope you're enjoying a wonderful day. It's dreary and rainy and dark here. Fits my mood.

@Mamabean thank you. Sometimes I don't feel like a trooper but doing my best. I think the pain is what concerns me most. Like you I've been told I have a high threshold for pain and something does not feel right. But off to the funeral soon (long trip) and it's going to be a very long day. What are you doing today/this weekend? Hope something fun.

@marcy lol love your way with words and so excited about you getting a new laptop. TGIF...weekend plans?

@Scandinavian did you share part 2 with us and I missed it? LOL hope life is calm and all is well. Happy 13th wedding anniversary sweetheart. Have a grand celebration.:appl:

@Calliecake I believe I already shared my thoughts with you but I think at this time if you're able to eat and function well I would not get the implants. I am sorry you are going through this. On a happier note did you get your new coupe? Or did you change your mind? My finger hurts a lot. Trying not to worry about it.

@Keeliamira hope you've received good news since we last chatted and fingers crossed for you. And that your migraine has stayed away.

@Jimmianne safe travels and hugs. Love your driveway project. Beautiful.

@Austina hello there and hope you're having a lovely week.

Yesterday we had more of the same. Played scrabble (I won woohoo), Greg washed my hair (he's better at this now than I am lol) and I caught up with a few friends. Oh one eventful experience. Greg was cooking for me and grilling brussel sprouts on the BBQ out on our terrace and I hear a meow and omg Tommy is on the terrace looking in the window at me.:geek2: I had a mini heart attack and yelled for Greg who was back in his workroom while waiting for the veggies to be done. Anyway Greg opened the terrace door and Tommy ran back in and was in quite the state. Curiosity killed the cat is a very real saying. Thank goodness it ended well but those are years off my life I'll never get back.::) I comforted Tommy for a long time and he is doing well. OMG kitties are krazy, Kuckoo and ours are like their mommy. Klutzy too.:P2

Thank you all for your continued well wishes. I so appreciate your good thoughts and hugs.
Have a good day girls. Hope everyone is doing well! (((Hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry you are feeling down and it's understandable, this finger issue has been dragging on. And I know Francesca's health issue is very worrying and stressful. Sending good thoughts and love to you, and I hope things go smoothly for you today.

Oh my gosh, that was quite the scare with Tommy being on the terrace!

@Mamabean, I hear you on those relatively small repairs, it's almost impossible to find someone willing to do them...but they've got to be fixed!!! So frustrating. We have some small jobs that need to be done as well, and I think dh and I are going to have to bite the bullet and try to do them ourselves. That should be interesting :???: Youtube here we come haha.

@av, good luck writing the hardest part of your thesis! And yes, I agree with you, the title is probably the most important thing haha! Sending you lots of good wishes that you come up with something really good!

@marcy, same with me, I have to use the glide floss...the dental hygenist uses the regular wax stuff at my appointments and she always struggles to get it out. Yeah, I hear you. it's a little discouraging to be doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, and still getting scolded...although she was very nice about it LOL. I hope your laptop showed up and you are enjoying it. Sounds like you did quite a bit of damage at Sam's Club but I'll bet you saved a lot. And I love being stocked up on paper goods and food, nice not to have to run out to the grocery store for that stuff for a while.

@Calliecake, I am so sorry about all your dental issues! Was a night guard ever suggested to you for the teeth clenching? I don't know what to advise...it's so hard to figure out what dental work is truly necessary, and what you can get away with not doing. :(2 Because of course you don't want to ignore something and have it develop into an even worse problem. I am a bit leery now of implants because of the issues two of our nirdis are having, but I don't know how common it is to have these problems. This oral surgeon is certainly suggesting a ton of dental work and you had a lot thrown at you at this visit. Would it be worth getting a second opinion? I'm sorry I am absolutely no help. And so sorry you have to deal with all of this. Xxx

It sounds like you are getting close to a decision on the car!

@Jimmianne, I wonder if we could possibly be related...I have so much to do around this house, and all I end up doing is surfing the net, fooling around with paint, reading, and drinking coffee LOL. I cannot tell you how happy I am that Mr. Monet is doing so well, it is fabulous that his quality of life has improved so much. Your landscaping is absolutely beautiful, you did a fabulous job and it is indeed a joy to look at! :love:

Zoe's vet appointment turned out to be upsetting...the vet is concerned because she's lost weight since her last visit...took blood to see what's going on. She's not exhibiting any other problems or symptoms, eating and drinking normally, playing - so not sure what could be going on. Could be several different things and hoping it's nothing too serious. Will get the results next week. Ugh.

Sending love to everyone! Take care all <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovelies

I will read and post properly later, but I just wanted to say to @Calliecake that I would speak to the dentist about a mouth guard to wear at night to stop you grinding your teeth. Yes it’s true, root filled teeth are more brittle, but having your teeth out and dentures, I would only view as a last resort. It does take quite a bit of getting use to having full dentures, and I do appreciate how expensive dentistry is there, but please ask about the mouth guard first. xxx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results