carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again lovelies :D

@missy have you tried these? I have very little space between my teeth, and these are the best flossers I’ve found. They come in a variety of sizes, and I find the smallest size the best for me.
https://www.kleenteeth.com/interden...phtWgCX90tovH9_JXNlzlrpBMl7-ovSYaAgZ2EALw_wcB
I hope everything went well at Carolyn’s mass, you can see she has a very open, caring face.

Naughty Tommy, glad he came to no harm, but I can well imagine what a fright he gave you, and himself. I hope the AB’s are working their magic and you have good news on Monday at your follow up appt. Good luck tomorrow with your visit to Debbie with Francesca.

Oh no @junebug17 I hope Zoe’s test results all come back clear next week, what a worry for you.

Aww, what good news about Mr Monet having a new lease on life. Your driveway looks amazing, and it must be so satisfying watching all the trees mature year on year.

How’re things going AV_ have you come up with a suitable title?

I’ve also got a vision of you and Marty carousing around Sams Club now @marcy :lol: we saw a lady this morning with a Parti Poodle and now I can’t get the vision of a poodle in high heels and dangly earrings, drink in one paw and cigarette in the other! :lol-2: I hope ‘our’ pendant hurries up :mrgreen:

Ugh @Mamabean I feel your pain, it’s the same here trying to find people to do smaller jobs. How’re you feeling today?

Hi @Tekate, how’re you today?

Happy anniversary @Scandinavian :D

Had one of those ‘couldn’t make it up’ mornings :x2 Despite sending the shower people photos of the shower booklet (so they knew which model) the broken part on a tape measure, for dimensions, and including the dimensions in my email, they sent me the wrong part :(sad I rang up and was told that that’s what I ordered. I explained I only ordered what I’d been advised to order argh! I can’t buy the part I need, I have to buy the whole assembly unit, which of course is ridiculous for what is essentially a bit of plastic.

So no further forward now, I’ve asked Richard (the plumber) if he can source it cheaper.

So another week gone by with no progress.

And breathe!

Sorry to vent, this is minuscule compared to what you ladies are dealing with.

Big hugs and healing vibes to all who need them. xxx

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy No wonder you are feeling gray like the weather with all that you have had to handle lately. I assume your finger will be easier to manage in a few days. I hope Francesca can find peace.

I am obviously just guessing from quite far, that your parents (them of The opal ring?) are kind & good fun!

Not the happiest time, yet so things are.

@Sandeek You are too patient...

@Jimmianne What a beautiful site! I know how it is to go numb too...

@Scandinavian There's plenty of pheasant pointing & hunting around here - somewhat similar to what you recount. I've been badgering my neighbors for an invite for ages.

-

I feel like a rag, so there will be a proper Sunday, at least.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness, @Calliecake I am sorry I just saw your post (sometimes the alerts do not work for me). I am so very sorry to hear your problems with your teeth. I wish I could help more, but my situation came out of nowhere. I hadn’t a problem prior to a filling falling out and then all hell broke loose.
I will speak only to what I do know...you need a night guard firstly. I clench and grind apparently and have worn one for years. It will help with the cracking of your teeth.
As for the implants vs dentures, my oral surgeon has recommended I get implants as he says I am too young for dentures (52). I am afraid of implants though and have heard of having three teeth attached to one implant. I think that is more conservative as any invasive dental work scares me to tears now. I hope I have helped and please know that I will have you in my thoughts as I know this struggle all too well.
@missy sending you hugs for all you are going through. I’m always thinking of you and hoping you find relief as well as your fur baby Francesca. ((Hugs))

Hi NIRDIs! I’m good. I appreciate the continued warm wishes more than I can and say. I am Still recovering with the twice/daily IV infusions and the metal was removed last Monday. It can only get better from here. :pray:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I love my new laptop. It types like a charm.

Callie, I am glad you are going with a car you really like. What color are you getting? I am so sorry to hear about your teeth and don’t envy your tough decision what to do about it. That is a lot of money for something that may not last; big hugs to you.

Jimmianne, Marty’s food bill is impressive. He puts away a lot of food. I am absolutely thrilled to hear how good Mr. Monet is doing. That is awesome. Your trees and drive are gorgeous. How excited you are heading to France on Monday.

Missy, your lovely compliment on my way with words made me think of a friend of mine always commenting on my colorful metaphors that come out of my prism palate. I’ve calmed down tremendously. I am glad the weekend is here. We are going to my sister’s birthday party Sunday. Not much else going on. Yay for winning at scrabble. Oh no that Tommy got out on the terrace; I am glad he came running back inside and was okay.

Junebug, that happens to me at the dentist office too; that regular floss catches, snags or breaks. Too funny. I did get my laptop and just told Marty I can’t believe how bad my old computer typed. This works great. It is kind of crazy how much you can save by buying quantity on things. The things like baggies and napkins cost a few dollars more for multiple packs than the single item costs at the grocery store. We only have to go get those things every few months. I hate to hear Zoe has lost weight; I hope they figure out what is going on with her. Big hugs to her.

Austina, maybe Marty and I will have to get drunk and go wander around Sams Club. Then who would drive us there and drive us home though? That is a vision of the lady with her poodle, heels and cigarette. It’s like getting a song stuck in your head. I know; I wish my pendant would hurry up. Seems like it’s been weeks already. You definitely can’t make that kind of stuff up; go figure you order what they say you need and it’s wrong. We ordered some hinged French doors for our patio doors and had the store some measure before ordering them. They come in a few weeks later and they show up to find out they didn’t fit our opening; they wanted to cut our part of our house - I sent Marty a text - GET UP HERE NOW!!! No way are you guys cutting up our house when you measured our doors and ordered in the wrong size.

AV, I hope you have a great weekend.

Last night I kept checking the UPS delivery tracking number and at 7:30 pm it changed to “expect delivery Friday, March 22nd”. I was crushed. About 20 minutes later the UPS guy rang the door bell. Woo hoo! The laptop was chilly so we left it setting last night. Marty was nice and copied everything over for me today. I finally found my login info for my Office account so I won’t have to buy that new. Everything seemed to transfer over okay. The touch bar is pretty cool. I think I’ll really like it. Plus this is dangerous; I set up Apply pay on the touch ID button so I can buy things now with a touch of my finger. Oh oh. Marty said that was all I needed an easier way to shop.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. I can't believe it's Saturday already. Happy Caturday Saturday.

It was a beautiful funeral mass yesterday. Her granddaughter gave a moving eulogy and from the turnout it was clear how much our Aunt Carolyn was loved. Aunt Carolyn got her wish of music and fireworks her funeral. We used Sparklers since fireworks are illegal in NJ. We attended the luncheon after the mass and that too was lovely. Aunt Carolyn also got her wish of an open bar at her funeral luncheon. She wanted it to be a celebration of her life and it sure was. It was also good to reconnect with people we haven't seen for ages and I think we made some connections yesterday we will continue. Time goes too fast and it's easy to lose touch. Worth the effort with some people though and I lose that fact occasionally and must remember it. It was a long day but so very glad we attended. And her daughter was thrilled we made the long trip and were there.

@junebug17 oh no I am praying for Zoe and hoping it is nothing serious. Sending you big (((hugs))) and sending Zoe buckets of healing dust and love. From all our kitties to Zoe lots of purrs and furry hugs.

@Sandeek how are you feeling? You are always in my thoughts. I am hoping with each day you are improving, healing and feeling stronger. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that your DD receives happy news soon. And if so I hope at a date in the not too distant future we can celebrate at our fave restaurant in that neighborhood.:appl:

@AV_ thank you. Yes my parents are very good souls. Everyone who gets to know them loves them and they are very warm and loving people. I had a privileged childhood. We were not wealthy in money but rich where it counts. In unconditional love and support and acceptance. A better childhood we could not have wished for. It's hard seeing one's parents deal with challenges as they get older but such is life. The alternative is not a good choice so yes I prefer it this way. They are both, knock wood, still sharp in mind if not body and lol more stubborn than ever.

I am sorry you aren't feeling top notch this week and hope you get your well deserved rest tomorrow. Sunday for recovery, rest and rejuvenation.

@ringo865 thinking of you and hoping you are doing well and feeling ok after treatment. I know on weeks are tough and want you to know you have all of us rooting for you and sending good wishes your way.

@Keeliamira hope you had a smooth week and received good news. Sending hugs your way.

@marcy yay so glad you got your new laptop and love it and got everything transferred. Sweet. Haha yes we have and use Apple Pay. It's like free money, :P2 Your plans with your sister and BIL tomorrow sounds like fun. Happy birthday to her.:appl:

@Austina Oh no:(sad I'm sorry it wasn't fixed and the correct part cannot be ordered separately. Please never apologize for sharing and venting. We don't compare heartaches but instead share them for support and comfort. No reason to feel badly for sharing. We are all here for each other. Big hugs and everything will be fixed next week fingers crossed. Thank you for sharing the link re the flossing and I am going to check it out. Glad to know I am in good company with you and @junebug17 and tightly spaced teeth lol. I actually bought a floss holder where I can add my own floss but I just can't get the hang of it for anything but the front teeth. I can't manipulate it into the back of my mouth for the back teeth. This is what I bought. We thread my own floss in it so now I have floss that fits between my teeth but still can't get this in my mouth at the correct angle to floss my back teeth.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 5.04.45 AM.png

LOL enough talk about teeth.:bigsmile:

@Scandinavian Happy Anniversary! I know I already wished you one but worth repeating. Love the happy occasions.

@Calliecake speaking of teeth-hopefully you are in better spirits today. If you aren't in discomfort I say take your time and explore all your options and get a second and if need be third opinion. Oral surgeons like all surgeons always want to operate. Sometimes it isn't our best option. Hang in there. You will be A OK.

@Jimmianne so thrilled Mr Monet is doing great!:appl:

Thank you all for your good wishes for Francesca. Today we are bringing her into the vet clinic where my sister works for another Xray and further testing. Praying we can help Francesca.

Have a good Caturday Saturday girls!
Leaving you with a photo of our sweet dear Francesca.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 5.09.33 AM.png

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@Tekate yes, I get shots for my migraines. They were so bad at one point that I couldn’t work for close to two years. (25+ headache days/mo:cry2:). But the shots are great and have some of the added benefits of cosmetic Botox :mrgreen2:. Glad you agree that NIRDIs do have some wicked amazing jewelry! You are such a trooper dealing with so much...travel, teeth, grand baby on the way, whoa! So much! I truly hope you don’t have a TMJ infection and that your bridge work goes well. Thanks for the mama love!

@Mamabean thank you so for the warm welcome! Your trays are lovely! I did the same with a rectangular one I had once upon a time.

Oh no @Calliecake ! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with major dental too! I have nothing to offer by way of advice, just hugs.

@Jimmianne I am so happy MR Monet is doing so well! Fur babies always bring so much love to a home! Your drive with the trees is beautiful and so serene. I can only imagine how stunning it will be when the trees mature!

@missy I hope you are still mending well and properly trouncing Greg in scrabble on a regular basis! thank you for the well wishes on my testing, more below. I am sending fur baby love Francesca’s way! I pray she is doing better!

@av I may have missed it, but what is your thesis on? What is your field of study?

@junebug17 sending love and healing to Zoe, how stressful! There are few things worse than a sick child or pet that can not tell you what’s wrong. :(2 I hope you get answers and healing for her soon.

@Austina house fixing is such a pain. I’m constantly surprised (thought why should I be when it’s indemic) how unhelpful contractors and the like can be. I hope Richard has a great solution for you.

@Sandeek I’m glad things are moving in a positive direction! Sending you warm hugs and healing!

@marcy congrats on the new laptop! Apple Pay is the bane of my husbands existence lol. He keeps asking me to delete the cc :lol-2: Nope.you must be so anxious for your beautiful pendant to come. Can’t wait to see!!

@missy (take two....can you tell I’ve been behind on getting to the forum:lol:) I am so glad you were able to get to Aunt Carolyn’s funeral. The coming together of family even in times of sorrow is such a beautiful thing. And I’m glad she got the send off and celebration she wanted! I hope Francesca’s appointment goes well and your sister gets her mending soon! Hugs!

My week was up and down. My MRI results were fine but now my dr wants to do an MRA to rule out aneurism. Work went well until a stomach bug swept through the house and felled five of us (and derailed a date night with dh). Feeling better now though. Dh had a fantastic fourth interview on Wed with the BoD of a company he really wants to work for so, fingers crossed! He’s got so much anxious energy waiting to hear something. House renovations are moving along. I have a front door again and painting is mostly done. New carpet and cabinet refacing is next. I can finally see the light! I’m enjoying the beautiful sunny day on my back porch and listening to the birds while I drink my coffe. I hope everyone has a restful and beautiful weekend! Hugs to all and much love and support to @ringo865

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! It's another cold and snowy day in Wyoming.

Missy, I am so glad the celebration of life for your Aunt Carolyn was so nice and you got to catch up with some people. Nice they had sparklers for her; that is such a nice touch. I hope things went well with Francesca today. I am not skilled with that type of floss holder either; for having a big mouth the space is pretty small.

Keeliamira, I think it's nice we have access to easy payment methods; how much can we deplete out of our checking accounts with the touch of a finger? :D I am anxious for my pendant to show up; even glamour shots would be a welcome sight. Glad to hear your MRI results were fine but darn they want to do another test. Phooey all of you got sick. Sending mega dust to your DH on his interviews. How exciting to see progress on your door and house. We are pretty happy we did all of our recent upgrades.

I spent quite a bit of time last night and this morning doing some work. Then I ran errands and met Marty for lunch. Now I'm cold and swearing our furnace quit again. Marty rolled his eyes when I said that though.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, sound like lots of things going on in NIRDI land!

Happy anniversary @Scandinavian that’s so great and hope you had a nice time with DH.

@Austina, i cannot believe the shower people cannot figure out what you need and this is taking so much longer than necessary to fix.

@AV_ i hope your paper now has a title and is ready to submit. Good luck with the final product and keep us posted :0

@Sandeek wishing you continued healing now that the metal and infection have been removed and the IV infusions clear up the rest as quickly and painlessly as possible!

@Calliecake that sounds terrible all that grinding your teeth and cracking them. Also your jaw must just ache every day. I agree with the mouth guards. You can probably try some from amazon or something. My husband was having stress clenching at night and got some from amazon where you put them in hot water then suck them onto your teeth and the mold and fit and he wore them to sleep. In a couple of weeks, his jaw stopped hurting. Probably cheaper to try that first than to fork out $40K for some surgery, etc. Eek!

@marcy, we have been getting some warm weather, last couple of days were near 50, so snow melting has been happening. We still have snow in the yard, but sunny areas are showing some brown dirty grass. Yay spring! I hope your pendant gets here soon so I can drool over it! It’s so exciting when we (or another NIRDI) have anticipation for something new and blingy! I’m glad to hear you like your laptop. I got this iPad and it’s cool as ever! I love it though it’s not a “computer” i have been able to do all the things on it i would do on the computer, except for print.... but i don’t have anything to print anyway, so win win!

@junebug, sorry to hear about beautiful Zoe not feeling well. I hope it’s nothing serious. She looks much like my kitty Spike (a girl).

@Jimmianne, your tree lined driveway is beautiful! Are those trees blooming already? We still have snow here and trees are just starting to bud... leaves, not flowers.

@missy I’m glad your aunt Carolyn’s funeral was well attended. It’s harder as people who pass are older, they don’t have anyone left. So, getting to see so many people makes it seem more like a party than a sad time. Of course, the open bar doesn’t hurt either :) I hope Francesca gets good news from Debbie. Francesca looks so cute on that photo, like a pinup cat! And Tommy, what a naughty boy! That would have scared me too, especially floors up off the ground! Egad. Heart failure for sure!

@Keeliamira sounds like your MRI was okay, what is a MRA? I hope it shows nothing of concern. Sounds like shots help your migraines. I get them about one to three days a month, around ovulation. I thought chemo was going to kill my ovaries, but just this past week, i got one of those migraines, and wow, sucked. But it was gone the next day, then the following day i had chemo. So... hopefully my ovaries die quickly and i don’t get the migraines anymore... or periods. Sounds like your DH’s fourth interview was the charm. Hopefully they’ll be calling with the offer soon! Nice to have a front door for obvious reasons! Thanks for the well wishes on my situation detailed below.

So, Thursday was my second chemo and like last time, it went relatively uneventful. A little fatigue and no nausea. Good appetite and whatnot. However, my hair is falling out en masse. So, this morning, i told my DH to shave it down, so it will be less traumatic watching clumps of 3 inch hairs falling out and instead, it can look like mice are shedding all around (5 mm hairs). Here are some before and after pics and some during. My mom helped sweep up the floor. Then i took a shower and swear the little whiskers are still falling out :(. But, this way, I can start the work week with my wig in place, and not have clumps of hair falling out in my office and start wigging midweek or something.

Thanks everyone for sending dust and vibes my way, it’s really helping! Here’s some pics of today’s hair shaving fiasco :)

67475738-01E1-49C1-8612-7AEAD33968C3.jpeg DEBA32B0-904F-47C6-9E29-80BEAE7045B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E7CBFAB-BDFC-4F8E-BDE0-E06757E7C3B0.jpeg
    1E7CBFAB-BDFC-4F8E-BDE0-E06757E7C3B0.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 2D14485A-F803-4D3D-9DE6-ADB87B2E2398.jpeg
    2D14485A-F803-4D3D-9DE6-ADB87B2E2398.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 46
  • 4EC71462-99CA-4F43-8AF4-BC62BACDCAE2.jpeg
    4EC71462-99CA-4F43-8AF4-BC62BACDCAE2.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 769300B1-5588-4E2E-9812-9AD480E3B551.jpeg
    769300B1-5588-4E2E-9812-9AD480E3B551.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 45

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCD0A0AF-C9B5-42FD-AAD7-9D797CDFB05A.jpeg

Attachments

• 092C76E8-8187-4D66-9CBF-69630FB15625.jpeg
    092C76E8-8187-4D66-9CBF-69630FB15625.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 94B4BDD5-631D-46D6-95D8-790544D8E5C0.jpeg
    94B4BDD5-631D-46D6-95D8-790544D8E5C0.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 46
  • BCEFB18D-E127-4F75-B16E-B26C77049029.jpeg
    BCEFB18D-E127-4F75-B16E-B26C77049029.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 49

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@ringo865 You've got the haircut I used to request sternly, back in the day when I was a girl; thank you for the memory...

I am still styling mine so as it doesn't distract more than look like anything.

Of course I wish to see your face in the pictures! Then, it'd be my turn though - so, I am not quite asking ,)

I know nothing of chemo! I hope it never gets worse for you - at all.

-

The paper is still an incomplete draft without a title! It is shedding pages as I edit down. This is OK.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hey @ringo865 you’re really rocking the crop! When we were on this last cruise, I was talking to a lady who was the otherside of chemo. Her hair was beginning to grow in, and I told her how great she was looking, and how it suited her. She said it was just growing back after chemo, and I told her I thought that was the case, but that she had such a great shaped head, that the short hair was a good look on her. She said quite a few of her friends had said the same, and she was thinking of keeping it short because it was so low maintenance. I’m really glad to hear that you’re coping with the chemo so well and still have a good appetite. Keep strong lovely lady.

Ugh @marcy I hope you can get the furnace going, what a time for it to quit. Wrap up and keep warm, good job you’ve got the fire for heat.

Great news that DH’s interview went so well @Keeliamira , everything crossed he gets the job. So sorry to hear you’ve all been unwell, that’s rough. Adam & Kim had a nasty stomach bug last week, I wonder if there’s something doing the rounds. Hopefully your Dr is just being thorough ordering the MRA, and the result will be fine too.

I’m glad your aunt had a good send off @missy sounds very fitting for such a sweet lady and as you say, always good to focus on a life well lived, rather than the sad ending.

I hope your visit to Debbie with Francesca went well today, and she was able to offer some positive news.

We were out for so long this morning, after our walk, I go into the shop for a newspaper while Colin waits outside with Dottie. When I came out, Colin was talking to a couple who were admiring Dottie. We ended up chatting to them for an hour and a half, during which time, about a dozen other people stopped to pet her :lol:

Shirley FaceTimed me this evening, it was so good to talk to her, she seemed quite calm and coherent, and I felt reassured that she’s doing Ok. She’s desperate to go back home, but I told her the next couple of months will pass soon enough, and she’s got plenty of time to get used to be there alone, so there’s no rush.

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs, hope you’re all having a good weekend.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I must have my 25°C to write - it is exhausting, but does not keep me warm like running or some such. Of all people, a trainer will know what I'm saying.

If anyone had told me that quitting working out will make me feel cold - I would have kept at it!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ringo865 Sending loads of hugs your ways! I applaud your grace in this. Thank you for the continued thoughts and I am happy for you that the treatment went well and you are tolerating it. ((Hugs))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira I am in crystallography & the thesis is - a draft without a title. I need to figure out how to name the thing - likely after it is 'birthed'.

Your migraine is the worst I have heard of .( Years of pain!

I am happy to hear of your enjoying good things .)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@ringo865 you are courageous and strong and you rock that short cropped cut and the wigs too! You look amazing. :appl:No truer words "you got this" apply. Cause yes you rock the look and you are doing so wonderfully re your treatments too! Keeping good thoughts for you and wishing for continued easy treatments and rapid recovery. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek how are you doing today? Another brave and strong woman who is amazing in every way. Sending you buckets of healing dust and lots of love. One day at a time and each hurdle you will conquer. Slowly but surely. (((Hugs))).

@marcy oh no I hope your furnace is working. It's too cold by you for it not to be. Glad you went out to lunch yesterday but I'm sorry you had so much work to do yesterday and hope you get to relax and enjoy your Sunday. If I remember correctly you're meeting your sister and BIL today. Have fun!

@Keeliamira so pleased to read of all your happy updates. But ouch for everyone getting sick and hope you are all feeling better now. Yes to the good MRI results and good luck on your MRA results. Glad house renos are going smoothly. Yay for your dh's great 4th interview! Fingers crossed.

@Austina how wonderful that Shirley seems more coherent and is doing better though understandably this is such a tough time for her and I'm sure there will be ups and downs and her moods will cycle. She is fortunate to have good friends and a strong support system. I remember having dogs and yes we were always getting stopped and having strangers chat with us because of that. LOL now I'm that stranger stopping people to say hi to their sweet dogs.:lol: Hey it's an occupational hazard if one has a dog prepare to be stopped. Such adorableness must be greeted.:whistle:

@AV_ I find creative juices flow more easily when I am working out...something to think about. Plus I feel better too. That title will come to you when you least expect it perhaps.

Yesterday we brought HRH in to see my sister and her lung inflammation is a bit worse but Debbie feels it is a low probability that Francesca has PEI (eosinophilic asthma). That would be a death sentence and I pray she does not have that. Since she is proving resistant to all the treatments there is a chance it is eosinophilic asthma but praying it isn't. But we are not biopsying her lungs because it's too invasive and wouldn't change her treatment. Debbie also took blood and did a complete eval. She gave her a steroid injection and also put her on liquid antibiotics for 2 weeks (that won't be fun to give her-she hates the liquid) because in addition to her dry cough she has somewhat of a wet one that is not good. And we also got steroid pills that after 3 weeks we can start giving to her and see if that helps. The injection is strong so we have to wait a few weeks before starting the pred pills. And we can continue the albuterol aero chamber treatments as necessary but no more steroid inhalation treatments.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 6.57.37 AM.png

Thank you all for your good wishes for Francesca and she sends her purry love to each of you.
Have a wonderful Sunday girls and healing vibes and hugs to all of you who need it. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I forced Bubbalah onto my left ring finger yesterday and I have another problem to solve. Like my mom my knuckles have stretched and increased in size over the decades so while my finger has remained stable (5.75/6) my knuckles have made it challenging for all my fingers to get rings on and off easily. I might have get that special latch opening (cannot remember the technical name) ring that opens and closes to avoid the knuckle but thats a very unique specialty and I would have to mail Bubbalah to whomever does it. Last I checked no one in my area offers this including Adam. I am not going to concern myself about this now but I definitely think this is going to dampen my ring wearing enjoyment until I solve this issue.

Sorry for the crummy photo but it's challenging taking a photo in a moving car with a meowing kitty on your lap. LOL.
I couldn't wear her with any bands.

bubbalahincarpostsurgery.png

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy sending prayers to your Francesca that the treatment works and makes her more comfortable. What a sweetie she is!
As for your knuckles, yep, I have that problem too. I can only switch rings later in the day as mornings the fingers are swollen. I, too, have wondered about the hinged shanks. In any case, Bubbalah is gorgeous and needs no bands to shine. I think your finger will still go down yet. Perhaps give it some more time. Thank you for the conrinued warm thoughts and encouragement. ((Hugs))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone...busy weekend here, ds and dd are here but I wanted to check in quickly...

@missy, I'm glad the funeral was a comforting experience and you reconnected with some people. And I really hope the injection and meds help Francesca. Sorry about the swollen knuckles, it's possible they're still swollen from surgery so I'm hoping they improve over time - but the arthritic shank is always an option too.

@Austina, ugh to having to buy the whole part, what a pain...I hope your plumber can find it cheaper for you. I'm glad Shirley seems to be doing ok and even though she's anxious to get home it sounds like it was good for her to be with people for support and comfort.

@ringo865, I'm so glad you are tolerating the chemo treatments fairly well and are feeling ok. You are brave and strong. You look great with both your short hair and your wig! Sending love and hope you're having a nice weekend.

@Sandeek, hope you are recovering well <3

@av, hoping you come up with the perfect title!

@Calliecake, I hope you're not feeling too overwhelmed and are enjoying the weekend with your dh. Xxx

@marcy, enjoy the party! I'm glad you're loving your new laptop. LOL to finding an easier way to shop. Oh no to the furnace being on the fritz, such a pain. Can't wait to see your pendant, this thread needs some new bling badly!

@Keeliamira, sorry to hear about you and your family being sick, those stomach viruses are terrible. Glad you're seeing progress on the home repairs and renovations! Sending your dh lots of positive vibes for his interview.

Thank you all for your good thoughts about Zoe - this is all a bit puzzling and surprising to me because except for the weight loss she seems ok.

Hope all is well with everyone, I'll check back soon!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, The funeral sounded like what your Aunt Carolyn would have wanted. The women who loved jewelry didn’t notice your finger LOL. It’s nice that you and Greg were able to reconnect with people you haven’t seen in a long time. Hopefully the surgeon will give you good news tomorrow on your hand. You know you heal slower so try to keep that in mind. That may be the only reason your finger is still hurting. Try to relax a little about Francesca and do everything Debbie told you to do. Hopefully she can get this under control and if Francesca has flare up’s she can treat them as they come up. Take a deep breath Missy. You had a really hard week. I think most women have the knuckle problem as they age. I’m thinking of just getting the balls on the inside of the back of my ring and not putting my rings on early in the morning.

Ringo, Glad you are tolerating your treatments well. Your plan with your hair / wig was a good one. You have your great sense of humor which always helps any situation. Loved the pictures. You got this Ringo. Having people in your corner can get you through anything. You have many people in your corner. I’m so glad you decided to join in here.

@Sandeek , It is such great news that you are getting better and doing well from the surgery. So hopeful you will be able to put this all behind you after this next round of antibiotics. This has been a long hard road for you and I’m so glad you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. My mouth problems started at 52 as well. I had the bone graphs to prepare for the implants but after hearing about all you and @Tekate went thru I don’t want to get the implants. I have to make an appointment with my dentist after he and the oral surgeon talk. I was shaken up on Thursday because of the new issue with my front teeth. I already knew about the other issues and was told to wait in hopes the teeth clenching would stop at night. Nothing has changed in the last 8 months so was following up on how to proceed.

@junebug17 , I’m sorry about Zoe’s vet appointment. I’m sending dust to sweet Zoe. Hopefully her bloodwork will come back with no serious problems. When are the blood test results due back? Please know we are all here for you Junie.

Austina, Thank you so much for your reply. I was so hoping that you would offer your opinion. I’ve been wearing a night guard religiously for the past year. I’m concerned because I know I’m still doing the hard clenching in my sleep at night and know that will be a disaster once the teeth have been root canaled and capped. The dentist or surgeon have not mentioned dentures. It funny, even though we are in different countries we all have the problems getting household jobs done. It took me over 6 months to get a small job done because people just would not show up for the appointments. If a bigger job came along they didn’t bother show up.

@av , Did you think of a name for thesis title??? You have been working so hard I guess I thought the title would be the easy part of the thesis.

@Jimmianne, Hopefully you are packed and ready to go for your trip. So glad Mr. Monet is doing so well. I love your trees!!! There is a house near us with a very long winding driveway and they did they same thing you did. It looks so beautiful every spring when the trees are all blooming. Your property is gorgeous @Jimmianne. Thank you for posting the picture. Have a safe trip on Monday.

Congratulations on your husbands interview going so well @Keeliamira Fingers crossed this job works out for him and for your family. Glad your MRI results were good and hoping your MRA test results come back good as well. I hope they can give you something that gives relief from the pain.

@Tekate , I knew you would understand my teeth melt down. Did I miss something about Chris? Has the countdown started with Cara yet? The next month is going to quite the adventure for you.

Happy Anniversary @Scandinavian . I hope you had a good time celebrating with your friends.

@Tekate, @canuk-gal and @marcy , I’m seriously considering a Mercedes. I guess saying I fell in love with a Mercedes would be more honest. What are your thoughts? We had one almost 20 years ago and one dealer tried to tell me I needed all new wheels and tires on the car (DH was out of town at the time) when I didn’t and nothing was even wrong. I also had the whole inside door panel fall off at 5 years. This turned me off to Mercedes for years. This is why I’m asking your opinions. I love how the car looks and it is very possibly blinding my judgement at the moment.

@marcy I hope you are having fun at the party today.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 , I was writing a novel as you were posting. Could it be the scale was off when they weighed Zoe? The vet techs have said many times that it is harder to get an accurate read on small animals. Did the Doctor seem puzzled that she wasn’t showing any symptoms. The reason I am asking is our furbaby had a liver number come back bad on a blood test. The doctor made me bring her back two weeks later for another blood test. The doctor said for the numbers to be true she would be showing lots of symptoms and she was showing none. Two weeks later the blood tests came back completely normal.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake It is quite a story why naming my sort of thing is hard! I am leaving it for last. I'll be sending out my draft next Thursday; if I survive, will tell the tale.

@missy Good luck to HRH! - since you are already giving her all else possible.
Then, good to see a diamond put to good use! The blue finger picture is a hoot.

_

I will likely be even more erratic these days. So be it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake, I suppose it's possible that the scale was off but the vet didn't really raise that possibility. She didn't seem that surprised that Zoe wasn't showing any symptoms, I think it's possible that a cat could have something going on without it being obvious. I'm hoping to get the results by Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks for thinking of Zoe! Xxx And what a relief your furbaby turned out to be fine!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I'll write more tomorrow.

Callie, I love the look of Mercedes but we were totally turned off by rude and dishonest salesman and dealership. I don't remember which sedan we drove (the middle sized) and I wanted a red one but he was totally playing to Marty trying to sell him a larger car. When we arrived that day we were told they had a special going on of $2500 off the price of any new vehicle. When we sat down to see about seeing what other dealers had in red he worked out the numbers and didn't include the $2500 off - the manager said "oh that was a one time offer for the day and someone else got it". Strange we didn't see another sole in the dealer the entire time we were there. The salesman told us he personally donates $1000 to wounded warriors out of his commission. Once they figured out we planned on still looking at other dealers they became very rude and snotty. Funny thing when I checked on the Mercedes website after we left and were heading to the BMW dealer I noticed it said the company was paying the $1000 to wounded warriors for any car purchased that month. The most appealing thing about Mercedes is they pick up and drop off your car for service. I wish Audi / Porsche offered that service. Marty liked driving it but found it looser than our A6 - mostly more loose in the corners but then most people don't take corners like Marty does. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 praying little Zoe is OK and all her blood tests return with stellar results. You are quite right that cats could be ill without obvious symptoms in the beginning so hoping whatever Zoe has is easy to resolve or better yet that she is 100% fine with the weight loss just a quirky anomaly. (((Hugs))). Thank you for your good wishes for Francesca and me. Hope you have a lovely Monday.

@Sandeek, good luck today! Sending continued bucketloads of healing dust your way and (((HUGS))). Hope work goes smoothly and you get out early and get those stitches out. Thank you so much for all your kind and caring support. You are a love and given all you are going through even more amazing. I am sending lots of positive energy your way.

@marcy hope the party was fun yesterday. Hope your furnace is working and can't wait to see your new bling.

@AV_ thank you. I love blue.:P2 HRH thanks you too. If you ever meet her in person you will be smitten if she decides to greet you (she's very particular). No worries about any erratic posting etc. We are here for you whenever. No pressure. And always keeping good thoughts for you. XO.

@Jimmianne safe travels sweet jimmianne.

@Austina hope the rest of your weekend was good.

@Tekate thinking of you Kate the great. (((Hugs)))

@ringo865 hope you have a good week.

@Keeliamira hope you receive happy news this week.

@canuk-gal hope your Spring is off to a lovely start.

@Calliecake thanks for your good thoughts for all of us. Re the knuckle issue I have to disagree. To the extent my mother and I have this problem is actually not common at all. If it were there would be many vendors offering the arthritic shank rings (thanks @Sandeek and @junebug17 for the name) but instead they are hard to find. And as I recall super pricey too. I wish my issues were "normal" ie average issues.::) But I realize this is not something to be upset over in the grand scheme of things and I'm not. I'll take this over serious issues any day so no complaints just disappointed I may not be able to wear Bubbalah til I figure this out.

Hope you decide on your car soon and hope your dental appointment goes well. Keeping good thoughts for you too. Hang in there and as I promised you I won't let you make any rash decisions.

Speaking of rash I developed a pretty awful eczema reaction on my left hand last Wednesday that is not abating. Worse between my index and middle finger
(woohoo a new place for me for eczema lol). Not funny but I really have to laugh because first I can't use that hand and now this eczema is driving me batty so itchy. And my Eucrisa is not working. But I am trying to not focus on how red itchy and bumpy the reaction is and just hoping for good news today. Fingers crossed.

Heading to see the hand specialist soon and then hoping I can make my 2 month f/u endocrinologist appointment. I couldn't fast today because it's too long a morning so hope that won't throw off my blood tests today. Wish me luck girls. It's going to be a long day and I am just hoping for good news all around.

We had a wonderful Sunday. Gorgeous weather and we walked miles and got to enjoy some fur babies too. All in all a lovely weekend.
Leaving you with a photo of some of our day yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 5.34.38 AM.png

Sending you hugs and have a good Monday girls.:appl:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck today missy! Hope all goes well and your day is not too exhausting.

Today is my first day at work with my “hair hat” and it’s my full week. So. Weird and self conscious. More later.

Free size upgrade today at caribou so yah. Coffee:kiss2:

Happy Monday all!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I can fall in love with a cat! I know this for a fact. Unfortunately, it can be the cat of another, or simply not into yours truly.

This is not a joke.

_

All the best from me. Toate cele bune!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, crazy weekend, Chris came up and we drove him back to the city yesterday and drove home!!! that was 10 hours in the car, John and I were speaking in mono-syllables to each other by 8:00 pm!! hahaha, we both thought the other didn't drive enuf.. no more one day driving to Broolyn and back.

Sooo I've missed a lot I am sure. So I will read back this afternoon.

@Calliecake I only know of the E320, I had a 2005 E320 till 2011, I truly loved that car, it was fast and girl it took turns so tight, I found some of the controls hard to figure out, namely how to change the time 2x a year! and then again mine would be 14 years old now and it's probably even a better car to understand now. I found the mercedes dealer to be the worst car company to try and upsell us every time we brought the dang thing in, but then again I LOVED my personal car person, she was swell, she knew me and she knew my car, THAT was worth a lot. I think you can't go wrong with a mercedes.

So I will read back, less than 2 weeks to go till we start our drive to Austin! Mike called this morning and Autumn is now 7lbs 6oz, 20 inches long and they think she might come early but don't know for sure, if Cara goes full term Autumn will be 9lbs 6+oz and 22 inches long. They said she shows as 37 weeks not 36... could be.. so I'm glad we decided to arrive a week early!

Chris is good, he went to training in DC last night for a week!

John and I are speaking again :) hahaha!

bbl

missed you guys.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Ringo865, I am glad you like your iPad. I have an iPad Pro and really enjoy it. If I didn’t do a monthly newsletter for my astronomy club I would probably not even need a laptop. Then again Marty has a Mac Pro just setting in the den I could use for that. About those snow drifts; I am starting to think the one on my front lawn will be here in May. Glad the chemo went okay and good idea to just shave your hair. It looks good! I am sure you’ll get used to your hair hat soon. I hope your day went well.

AV, my hair is so thick if I have it at shoulder length is curls itself - not real curly but gentle waves (body). I sure wasted a ton of money over the decades on perms. Yes, I do notice lifting warms me up. I used to enter photos in contests and that was the hardest thing for me was to name them. Good luck with naming your thesis. How about “it’s done!” Ha Ha.

Austina, no worries; the furnace is working I was just cold and “swore’ it wasn’t working. I honestly seem to only be able to tolerate a 1 degree difference. Sweet and Cute Dottie is making friends everywhere. I love it. That’s nice you FaceTimed with Shirley and she seems to be doing okay. Your advice about hurrying to go home is very wise; she’ll be facing being home alone soon enough.

Hi Sandeek. How are you doing?

Missy, I am toasty warm all right - thank you. I was just thinking our furnace quit. I am drinking red wine right now which always warms me up. We did go to my sister’s and BIL’s yesterday. It was fun. I am glad Debbie came up with some treatments for Francesca; I hope the shot helps soon and her breathing becomes easier. Good deal you can get Bubbalah on your finger again. I don’t know what it is called by my mom had her rings sized larger to get over her knuckles then they had a spring loaded insert that bent down enough she could get the ring over her knuckles but then tightened again so it didn’t slip around on her finger. Good luck with your appointments today and I hate to hear about the new rash. I am so glad you have a lovely Sunday.

Junebug, nice to have your DS and DD visit this weekend. I am happy to report our furnace is fine. I am more than happy to bring some new bling to NIRDI Land. That’s a good sign Zoe seems to be feeling and acting normal.

Callie, isn’t that a pain to try and get a small project done? There are so few places here to get something done and they either don’t return or calls or they don’t show up. It’s frustrating.

Kate, your drive to Brooklyn and back sounds way worse than my drive home from Denver. Ugh. That is rather strange that 3 of us have had some bad experiences with Mercedes dealers; maybe it’s the way the choose to run their company. I just don’t like dishonest or pushy salesman. We went to a Mercedes dealer in Denver once too that were really nice at first until he figured out he didn’t have a sale that day; he even ventured down the road of bad mouthing my A6. How exciting Autumn is so close to making her grand entrance. Sweet.

We did have a nice time at my sister and BIL’s. Their son and DIL have been cleaning out stuff and renovating my sisters and BIL’s house so we got to see all of that. It looks very nice. We went to the shrimp dinner fund raiser; largest crowd I’ve ever seen there; easily 800 or more people. Then we went back to my sister’s for cake and visiting. Marty had to head to DIA and I headed home about 4; I hated taking my own car since I so used to Marty driving us when we go out of town. Traffic was okay going down but coming home was a different story. We were stopped on the interstate easily 6 times or creeping along in the teens. My driver’s assist works great except for a total standstill because then it waits for the car in front to get far enough away to start again. I just took the driver’s assist off then so I wouldn’t irritate anyone behind me. My car has no problem catching up with the car in front of me. Ha Ha.

I stayed home today for the cleaning lady. A friend of mine came over for lunch, wine and cards. It was fun.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Hi June, how are you. Yup, I'm leaning towards the temporary bridge. :)

@Calliecake Callie hon, I would ensure that the person putting in your implants is an Oral Surgeon, not a DMD, DDS etc., by that I mean a physician who specializes in the jaw, my oral surgeon was first a DDS, then went to medical school and become a physician specializing in implants, jaw surgery, he also does reconstruction on cleft lip and his practice of 4 OS's is on call at Maine Medical for facial injures in accidents. My first 2 (but only 1 worked) implant was a DMD who got training in implants, and my 2nd 2 (only 1 has taken so far), is the surgeon. My problems, I believe arose from an abscessed tooth that was poorly done. My first DDS didn't refund me for the implant that didn't take but my OS will refund me should we not be able to implant the 2nd. My dentist said I have a severe overbite, I have a similar list that he wants to do for me also, taking off most of my caps and putting new ones on, so far he said he needs to do either the permanent or temporary bridge till my Orals surgeon can implant the 2nd implant, you it looks like are facing 30K+ of work SUCKS.I've spent more money on my jaw and teeth than on jewelry. :( :( I also have considered dentures because it's so damn cheap compared to all this treatment, treatment that fails, my husband does NOT want me to do this, he said the bone loss after dentures makes people look old.. Also Callie a friend of ours has an X5 and he also had tons of trouble with his tires, so I hear you about the BMW tires. As for luxe, I find the Lexus to be the most lux of all the cars I've had, but truth: I've never had an infiniti! Go with what you feel meets your needs! and of course your wants. And @Jimmianne is correct, your post was interesting and made me think again about dentists who work only 4 days a week and on the 5th day get training, blah blah, it's all a total ripoff. Callie, Chris had his car parked on a side street in Brooklyn and he had someone hit and smash in his front right side (passenger side), what a pain in the derriere AND this car has got to get to Austin, he's letting Mike use the car while he lives in the city, but now it has to be fixed.. a dilemma.. :( thanks for asking Callie. :love:

@Jimmianne wowza on the driveway! hope your trip goes well. So GREAT that Mr Monet is doing well.. :) :) !! xoxoxo

@missy hey girlie missed you, what a weekend we had, drive drive drive, Boston, Brooklyn, Maine.. crazy.. Chris seems very happy enough. I bought him curtains, new bed stuff, bathroom things, etc. Love my boy. Danny and Anne are having their son tomorrow at NYU Langone center - Anne had 2 of her 3 daughters there. You are not a klutz I'll bet.. SO glad Tommy was okay, that is one heck of a scare. Your Aunt Carolyn sounds like a wonderful woman, full of life and left a recipe for life, celebrate.. a great lady I am sure. The steroid shot and pills will definitely bring down Francesca's inflammation which will certainly help her cough, poor baby. I am sending healing dust and thoughts that HRH does not have asthma Missy, I hoping not. She is so beautiful, your furbabies are all so beautiful, I think a well loved and cared for animal shows that love you have. truth. Oh bubalah looks perfect and boy do I get the larger knuckle thing. it's almost like you could use a spring type thing that goes down while going over the knuckle but pops back up after.. in platinum :) .. Hope the doctors appt went well! so sorry about the eczema on the hand Missy! I can't imagine that, hope you aren't itching like crazy!!! :(

@junebug17 I too can ony use glide for flossing.. Also how's Zoe?

@Austina Hi Austina! Jeez Louise on your shower part Austina, but I hate to say not that surprising, I've become jaded on service, and competency in home help.. so sorry hope you get the correct part soon.

@Sandeek how are you girl? good I hope.. you know Sandeek, it's becoming sort of average here on PS that people have these horrendous dental stories, makes you wonder you know? hmm..

@marcy Glad you like the new laptop!!! the car sounds awesome... glad you had a good weekend and fun day today :)

@Keeliamira whoa on your past migraines.... I'm glad the shots have worked. Sounds like you got pretty much good news, have you scheduled the mra? sending you happy dust in hopes DH get's this job Keeliamira.. truly am.... glad things are moving forward on your renos!!! xo

@ringo865 Your husband did a great job, it's so nice that he's there for you and you have a sense of humor, sending you a hug and to say, your previous hair was gorgeous, I like your new au current hair and when you decide to grow it again it will look fantastic. Thank you for sharing sharing not everyone can, I'm a firm believer in sharing.

@AV_ glad you are getting to the end of your thesis AV! funny how titles are always sooo hard.

Hi to everyone and hope I have sort of caught up..

sending good and loving vibes to you all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results