carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, such cute pics of you nieces! And your sister looks great. I hope your mother had a lovely birthday. And yes, I really want to make it to the jewlery show next year, looks like it was so much fun. And woo-hoo to a new bling purchase!

Austina, Dottie looks so pretty! :love: Here's hoping Colin's skin issue turns out to be nothing serious.

@Tekate, sounds like you have some good times coming up! It's so great to have something to be excited about, isn't it? Really adds some joy to life. Fingers crossed the MRI shows no tear, and I hope you are feeling ok. What an adorable pic of your son!

@marcy, that sapphire pendant is beautiful! Nice that you had a good time at dinner. Hang in there, the weekend is almost here. Having monitors at home sounds like a pain and I hope this issue can be resolved without having to do that.

My gym visits are going well so far, I'm enjoying the classes and I'm also a bit sore lol! Also enjoying the warm weather we're having. DD is coming tomorrow and staying overnight, haven't seen her in a while so I'm really looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

‘Davy’ and his dawg look cute @Tekate - I’m assuming he’s Davy Crockett? We love Chuy’s, so it’s a date! :D

Nice not to have to cook 2 days on the trot @marcy - I like your style :cool2: The pendant looks pretty, and will be a lovely size to wear often. Boo to work wanting to encroach on your home :x2

Glad to hear it’s going well at the gym @junebug17 and that your DD is visiting, how fun. I think because we’re so far away, we don’t miss Adam too much because we always have visits scheduled, but when he’s been here and gone, we always feel quite down for a few days afterwards. Dottie goes up to his room looking for him too.

Your sister and nieces look great @missy, Halloween isn’t really big here, plus we lock our gates so trick or treaters don’t call :mrgreen:

You’re teasing us again about your project - I’m guessing maybe a step cut?

Well, we haven’t had the best of days, Colin has another BCC requiring MOHs treatment, so as soon as the surgeon can get him in, he’ll have to get that done.

The person handling our claim called. Colin had emailed and told them they had until tomorrow to settle, or we’re taking the matter further. Basically a stalling tactic, she’s getting another quote from someone who hasn’t been here, so has no idea what they’re quoting for :x2

She’s talking about a settlement and as far as we’re concerned, the only settlement we’ll accept, is one that covers the full cost of repairs to the quality and standard it was before. It’ll be 11 weeks in Sunday since the accident, a ridiculous amount of time. As you can imagine, the conversation got very heated, and we’ve told them we expect to hear by Tuesday.

Sorry to vent, but we’re fuming.

Hope all the NIRDIs are having a better day.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, the guys at corporate are suggesting my team run their laptops through a large computer monitor. We have 2 in our den i can use. Our applications are on a remote terminal server and kind of fuzzy and hard to navigate around. Glad to hear Greg uses external monitors to work; Marty does that as well with his laptop. Good idea to have his work phone ring at both houses. It makes it easier to work wherever you are. I think that window on the sapphire is just a reflection. It's just a stock photo and if I don't like the sapphire or pendant I have 60 days to return or exchange it. I might get it ordered. If I actually go to Denver I'll probably come home with way more than I intend to spend. Ordering it is safer for my bank account. :lol: I will let you know what Marty thinks of the new iPad Pro. I absolutely love mine. Great picture of your sister and nieces. i am anxious to see your faux purchase.

Junebug, I wear my blue sapphires the most so i think I will get that sapphire pendant ordered. I love that shade of blue. I am pretty glad i only have one day of work left this week. I was on the floor today at a comment someone made to my negative nelly. My team of 5 is in a room about 10 x 15 feet and a lady on another team does one or two of our verification for us every day so she was in the room signing off on it. My employee was telling her she had to leave early for an appointment at school about her 8 year old daughter. She is in trouble for mouthing off, being bossy and kind of mean to the other kids. The other lady said "I wonder where she gets it?" It made my day. I agree using external monitors for our on call tasks would be kind of a pain. Glad to hear you are enjoying the gym and of course they say no pain, no gain. Have a great time with DD's visit.

Austina, I am so sorry to hear about Colin and hope they get him taken care of soon. That really stinks about the insurance company putting you off; there is no way you should pay a dime for what happened to your property. I got off easy again today on supper and dishes. Marty ate deli meat in wraps for lunch so there was only a plate left from that and he baked potatoes and grilled steaks for supper. I think that pendant would be a good size for me.

Not much going on today. Work is busy this time of year so the days zip by. I am doing a batch of laundry tonight to cut down on weekend chores.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Austina. I am sorry. What a frustrating experience. I’m getting mad just reading about it :angryfire:

Marcy, hi. Please tell that big bunny of yours that seeing all that heavy lifting has gotten this old lady to join a gym.

June! I just scrolled back and saw that you have joined a gym! We will have to compare notes, but I am sure you are way ahead of me.

Missy, your halloween photos you shared are so cute. What a glam tiger! Looks like they had a blast. I have such found memories of Halloween with DD, who would invent elaborate costumes for me to sew. Here she is as a dragon about a million years ago. The costume had a big stuffed drazon tail : )
I can’t wait to see what the solitare of your dreams will look like.
It’s helpful that you are finally getting a revealing diagnosis to help determine a course of action, but I am sorry you have anything to diagnose! Sending hugs.

42C3D3A5-3025-4B90-9C3A-F3A30D90995B.jpeg

Tekate you are still sounding so very much more upbeat! All your plans sound terrific.

Hi to everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls, TGIF!

@junebug17 yay for your DD coming home for a visit and yes to your gym visits going well. That is wonderful and keep up the good work (out) and have fun with your family this weekend. Supposed to be mild temps though a bit rainy today and tomorrow. And we gain an hour this weekend so more time with family.:appl:

@Austina oh I am sorry about the holdup for the repair and the stalling tactics of your insurance company. That would make me burn as well. Unbelievable how the insurance companies love to live up to their reputation of trying to cheat their loyal customers who have been paying their premiums all along faithfully in case something unfortunate happens. I am sorry Austina and hope this is resolved soon.

I am very sorry about Colin's BCC and hoping it is easily treated and that he will be completely fine. Fortunately he is being followed closely and they catch these things early. That is key. And BCC is easily taken care of and he will be fine and to that end I am sending you lots of healing dust and big (((hugs))).

And LOL re Halloween in Britain vs USA. My good friend Sarah lives in England and on Halloween she sent me the funniest thing re Halloween in the UK vs USA. Let me find it to share with you.

StephenCollinscartoon31oct2.jpg

@marcy it's Friday woohoo. Finally... you made it to the weekend. Sweet. I am looking forward to seeing your new to be sapphire necklace and yes ordering it is safer than going there in person if you are prone to impulse buys (as I am hehe). Marcy and Austina, my impulse purchase are earrings of course and when it arrives (long time from now) I will share it. Probably re text/email though but we will see.

I forgot you had the new iPad Pro so I do not need Marty's input now as I trust yours completely. Thanks for the positive review Marcy. Good idea to do laundry now vs the weekend freeing up some time. Greg is taking care of the chores this weekend as we are staying in NYC so that is a sweet deal for me haha. Though he has to make a trip to the beach house to feed the ferals. Depending on how I feel I might accompany him but probably not. We will see.

@Jimmianne good morning. Glad you have happy memories of Halloween with your DD. I love that photo you shared. It's so sweet and darling. :kiss2: It is a lovely holiday for children though as an adult without children we no longer participate. Funny though this time for the first time we saw Trick or Treaters come to our beach house looking for candy. I feel badly we were not there. The security camera has the whole thing recorded and it was sweet but sad no one was home to share candy with them. Though they did look a bit old (IMO) for trick or treating. Like about 18 or so? Isn't that old? I am sure we stopped long before that age but haha there isn't much to do once the good weather is gone in the suburbs so that explains that. JK sort of...

I had this diagnosis before but because my antibodies had decreased I was hopeful maybe I no longer had it but nope. So no new info unfortunately and still left with the dilemma of how to treat it since I cannot tolerate or absorb the thyroid meds for reasons that are complex and not easily treated. But I am feeling OK just tired and feeling optimistic. Hopefully not foolishly so but the alternative is to give up and that is not (generally) my personality. I also feel so much lighter that I have cut out dead weight in a certain relationship and that goes a long way in improving everything IMO. I appreciate when people show us who they really are as that makes our life that much sweeter and easier if you kwim. Sending you big (((hugs))) dear Jimmianne and hoping your autumn is going well.

@Tekate hello there, how are you feeling? We are tough old broads hehe and we don't let life get us down right? I draw inspiration from you and @Sandeek and hope that you are looking forward to the upcoming visit with your family. Hope you get good news re your shoulder fix and that you are feeling well. Always keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek just wanted to say hey there and have a good Friday and weekend and woohoo an extra hour of sleep for those of us who can take advantage and sleep. Hope you are well and thinking of you. Hugs to you sweet Sandeek.

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying what is left of Autumn and that your weather is not too harsh. If you remember could you share the name of those ice/snow boots I wanted to purchase last winter that you told me about but they were out of my size? I want to get a head start before they run out again and of course in typical Missy fashion my mind is a blank as to the name/make of the boots. They were good for ice conditions if that helps and I wanted to get them in red IIRC. Thanks either way and hope you have a great weekend. XO.

Leaving you with a lovely IG gift I won. The seller chose me to win them and it wasn't by random draw like I thought it would be. I am flattered of course and this is the second IG thing I won. LOL I would love the winning streak to continue and wishing for all the NIRDIs a strong winning streak for good health and healthy relationships and lots and lots of love. XOXO to you all.

antiquebroochwithbubbalah.jpg.png

And don't forget girls...(most of the) USA turns clocks back "Fall Back" early this Sunday AM.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha this is for you @Jimmianne...can you guess the year and can you find me? :whistle: LOL I think you can find me (and my sister too) but not sure you can guess the year...

halloweenparty1981.jpeg

Hint: I had a perm that year with super curly hair before my (extremely straight unable to hold a curl) hair decided to become curly all on its own. :P2

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, phooey. I thought you got the holy grail diagnosis.
Can they make stick-on skin patches for the drugs you need?
So unfair, no one deserves that problem, but you, my friend, especially. XX

Which of you thought up the theme? LOL
No, I can’t guess the year unless you give me a BIG hint : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, phooey. I thought you got the holy grail diagnosis.
Can they make stick-on skin patches for the drugs you need?
So unfair, no one deserves that problem, but you, my friend, especially. XX

Which of you thought up the theme? LOL
No, I can’t guess the year unless you give me a BIG hint : )

Aww thank you for your always generous kind and loving warm thoughts and wishes. You are a true friend @Jimmianne and as always wishing you all the best too.

The year is 198......

ONE.

Hehehe. And it was the last Halloween party my sister and I threw together as the next year I was away at college. I have fond memories of that time.:kiss2:

P

PierreBear

Happy Friyay! The office looks bare as we are moving in 2019 and I’ve been selling a few items like couches and extra desks not used. Feels a little spookkkyyyy….. Anyhow, I had baking class on Halloween night and thought I didn’t eat any candy, we had cinnamon rolls, pecan sticky buns, babka and other baked goods. Yum! This weekend we are going out of town, originally for a wedding but in the end I think we aren’t invited anymore to the event… a bit messy and complicated but it’s ok, we are still going to make that trip and see family and friends. Ok well hope all is well for everyone!

@missy – Old photos are the best! I wish I had more pictures of the past. Thanks for sharing and hey, you can sure pull off that perm!

Wow, what a new gift to win. What is IG? I realized you mentioned that earlier with your band and I thought it was just for Instagram. Hahaha.. whoops…

@marcy – Good luck on your decision ordering the sapphire or pendant. It’s always nice to have a return policy. Great peace of mind!

@Austina – Dottie is adorable with her Halloween gear on. Hope Colin’s skin treatments continue to go well. I wasn’t sure of all the agronomy like BCC and MOH but hope those aren’t painful.

Sorry to hear about the claim issue dragging on and on. Hope that they all do the right thing in the end.

@junebug17 – Have a great time with DD. Does she have her own room when she stays over? Slumber party!!!

@Jimmianne – how creative of your DD to want to make up new costumes instead of being someone else. You are a talented seamstress!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is IG? I realized you mentioned that earlier with your band and I thought it was just for Instagram. Hahaha.. whoops…

Hi @PierreBear Yup, that’s it. IG = Instagram. You got it right. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Social media platform gives out bling? I think facebook needs to start taking notes!

It's genius marketing because now I am a faithful follower of both vendors who gave me gifts. I am appreciative of the beautiful bling they gave me and am cherishing both pieces.

:kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: Yep, that pretty much sums up Halloween here, you little devil ;-) Woohoo on your win, how lovely to be chosen, and even better that it’s something so unusual.

Keep battling on, it’s the only way.

Thanks @Jimmianne we’re furious, but have decided to not talk about it this weekend because we just get even more angry. Which one is your DD? How are all the wedding plans going, have you decided on your outfit yet?

Definitely sounds like the safer option to order online @marcy, it’s too easy to spend more than you intend when you see so many lovely things to chose from. Yay to the working week almost being over and getting ahead on your chores.

:lickout: To cinnamon rolls @PierreBear , how are you not the size of a house eating all those goodies, it’s not fair :lol: Enjoy the weekend trip.

Thanks for all the concern and good wishes for Colin, this is a strange one as it really just look like an indentation, not at all like the one he had on his nose. I’m sure he’ll have an appointment soon, the benefits of having private medical insurance. He checks constantly for any changes, so is very vigilant.

Fireworks are going off here, so I’m upstairs with Dottie, she’s hiding in the bathroom. I’ve put her Thundershirt on and sprayed her bed with some lavender. There’ll be more tomorrow, I hate this time of year. :x2

TGIF :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you for your always generous kind and loving warm thoughts and wishes. You are a true friend @Jimmianne and as always wishing you all the best too.

The year is 198......

ONE.

Hehehe. And it was the last Halloween party my sister and I threw together as the next year I was away at college. I have fond memories of that time.:kiss2:

Thanks for the hint. Was it 1981? Haha
(I was going to say 1987 before I got your little hint).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@junebug17 enjoy this weekend with your DD! Don't get into too much trouble but have fun!

@Austina aww poor Dottie. Our fur babies and I do not care for fireworks either. Hate them in fact. Hope everyone is over them for now and no more fireworks please. Glad you and Colin have private insurance. My friends in Europe all agree that private health insurance saves them. There really is no great healthcare system (that I am aware of) as they all have their drawbacks and everywhere if one has money one generally receives faster (and better?) care. No one should have to die because they cannot afford the best health care but it happens every day.:cry2: Sorry did not mean to be a downer and just wanted to say I am glad Colin is being evaluated and monitored and taken good care of...one must be vigilant with matters of this sort. Have a lovely Saturday.

Thanks for the hint. Was it 1981? Haha
(I was going to say 1987 before I got your little hint).

Haha you got it. :bigsmile: Born in the 60s, grew up basically in the 70s and OK 80s too. Loved all the decades. Great music and well the fashion left something to be desired but can't win on every count. I mean look at that hair...80s blechhh.:oops2::lol: One day maybe we can all share a retrospective of our hair styles throughout the decades...never boring.8)

So what is happening with the wedding plans...the NIRDIs are all excited for you and please share the fun details. And as Austina inquired what dress are you wearing?

@PierreBear Greg's office is also moving in 2019 but only a couple of blocks away so still super convenient to both the beach house and the NYC home. He is excited about it. LOL we are so different. I hate change and moving offices (when I was working) but Greg looks forward to it. His is a much better attitude to take no doubt.

OMG to cinnamon rolls, pecan sticky buns, babka...of course you know what comes to mind with the word babka...

:lol:

Enjoy your out of town getaway and sorry about the wedding disinvite (?) but perhaps it is working out for the best. More time for family and friends and have fun.

@Tekate safe travels and see you soon!

@Sandeek have a wonderful weekend and hoping all is going well!

Greg is off to the beach house to fill the feral feeders and then go to Costco for us. I am staying behind here and hopefully he will be back by early afternoon so we can stroll the neighborhood as I think it will be a decent weather afternoon. Enjoy a lovely Caturday Saturday girls!

Leaving you with a genuine vintage setting that I was initially considering for Bubbalah but am pretty sure I am passing on now...I appreciate its beauty but think it might be just too intricate for Bubbalah...

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 6.30.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 6.30.02 AM.png

and haha Bubbalah and HRH hanging out yesterday. Don't worry I was keeping close watch on them both.:cheeky:

hrhandphotoshoot.jpg.png

Enjoy the day girls!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy! You posted while I was writing. I still like the current setting for B. I need to reset Mildred, so we should look together. Do you ever consider going the stressful route??? having a custom setting made?

Austina,
Since I live so far away from the action, I am not too involved in the wedding plans, aside from occasionally writing a check. The family is planning an enormous dance tent and that seems to be the focus over there right now. Here they are measuring for the tent...which interestingly is called a “Barnum”. Lol
CD79AA87-7DA7-4ED4-845C-D11F5D34B968.jpeg
My DD & F had planned a simple wedding, so I am thankful they will have a civil ceremony with only 70 guests in the spring. The Fall bash is a huge deal. At least they will have already been married a few months, so this Fall thing may be less stressful than it would be otherwise.

Interesting to me: my dog Issy is in an obedience class which uses treats. She gets very high strung in class and her enthusiasm can haredly be contained. Yesterday during class she took the treat too agressively and I got bitten..not nipped, bitten. I remained calm and told the instructor to please hold Issy while I went to wash the wound. No fuss, nothing said to Issy. When I came back, I found a devistated Issy who looked so sad, it broke my heart. She had gone from playful and animated to a shrinking animal who would not make eye contact. And remained that way until the end of class. Isn’t that weird? I mean, the bite was unintentional and she was not punished and nothing was said to her. All that happened from her point of view was that I said ouch and left the room for a few minutes. It made me think about dogs’ level of awareness in a whole new light.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy! You posted while I was writing. I still like the current setting for B. I need to reset Mildred, so we should look together. Do you ever consider going the stressful route??? having a custom setting made?

yes that is the backup plan but I have never had a really successful custom project done and in fact am doing a custom earring project right now but not too expensive so worth the risk. But this ring setting custom can be very expensive if I use the designer I am thinking of using and I am challenged in the visualization department so therein lies the dilemma.

Yes let's going searching together. Mildred and Bubbalah.:kiss2:

Interesting to me: my dog Issy is in an obedience class which uses treats. She gets very high strung in class and her enthusiasm can haredly be contained. Yesterday during class she took the treat too agressively and I got bitten..not nipped, bitten. I remained calm and told the instructor to please hold Issy while I went to wash the wound. No fuss, nothing said to Issy. When I came back, I found a devistated Issy who looked so sad, it broke my heart. She had gone from playful and animated to a shrinking animal who would not make eye contact. And remained that way until the end of class. Isn’t that weird? I mean, the bite was unintentional and she was not punished and nothing was said to her. All that happened from her point of view was that I said ouch and left the room for a few minutes. It made me think about dogs’ level of awareness in a whole new light.

Aww poor Issy, and I am sorry you got bitten...(((hugs))) to you both. That must have been scary for both of you. And yeah she did not mean it. I have gotten unintentionally (or so I hope lol) bitten/scratched by the kitties. They get surprised or over exuberant at times. Hope your bite heals quickly and sending you lots of healing (((hugs))).

My DD & F had planned a simple wedding, so I am thankful they will have a civil ceremony with only 70 guests in the spring. The Fall bash is a huge deal. At least they will have already been married a few months, so this Fall thing may be less stressful than it would be otherwise.

Yay for happy events to look forward to and yay for the civil ceremony happening first in the spring to prepare them for the bigger bash in autumn. Sending all the best to the happy couple and happy Mom in Law to be (you). XOXO.

Now, when should we plan our shopping for settings adventure?:halo:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

Jimmianne, Marty is so excited for you for joining a gym. Now if only he could get me to do that. Love the picture of DD and friends from Halloween. That is awesome you made DD’s costumes. My mom always made our costumes too; they always had to be big enough to wear thermal underwear under for trick or treating. Love your new avatar. Enjoy DD’s visit. We have a huge tent; we should rent it out for weddings and parties. We had it for our big star party. That is kind of a cool idea to do a small ceremony and have big party later. Awe, I hate to hear you got bit and I am sorry that Issy felt so bad; it must have been hard on both of you.

Missy, I will be anxious to see your earrings. I haven’t ordered my necklace yet but i think I will soon. The iPad Pro i have (10.5 inches 2017 model) is probably discounted now and I highly recommend it. I am so glad to hear you are feeling okay and remain optimistic; that is your typical outlook on life and i think that is awesome. You are on a winning streak; that is so cool. I did pick you out in that great Halloween picture but I couldn’t guess the year either. HRH looks like she was being camera shy; how is she feeling. Bubbalah was smiling for your camera though.

PierreBear, your treats on Halloween at class sound delicious. I hope your weekend trip turns out to be pleasant and fun. The place I buy most of my gemstone jewelry from has a great return and upgrade policy. It keeps my a very faithful customer. Between them and Whiteflash I rarely want to buy jewelry from anywhere else.

Austina, if I went to the jewelry store I’d first ask for peachy-pink sapphires and if they have one, I’d definitely buy it and put it in a ring. I kind of want to upgrade my oval sapphire studs to dangles. I still want yellow sapphire earrings and a pink sapphire pendant and I want a larger ruby but I doubt I find one as nice as the one I have. So you can see how buying online saves me a lot of money. I am sending mega dust Colin’s way and that’s great he gets frequent and diligent attention. Poor Dottie. I hope she doesn’t get too upset and can sleep okay.

We’ve had a low key weekend so far. We’ve been watching movies all day; staying in from the wind and snow. I got the laundry done. I was going to get some flowers and run out to the cemetery (it is my mom’s birthday) but I ended up wishing her happy birthday from here. Tomorrow we are meeting my sister and BIL in Colorado for lunch then visit our favorite kitchen store. The weekend will almost be gone then.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, please tell Marty thanks. I went for the first time yesterday and could not believe how weak I am! I routinely lift large bales of hay and 50# sacks of feed, so I thought I was strong, but could only use the machines on the lowest weights. Shock! And today I’m sore, although only doing 10 reps on each machine. Double shock=wake up call.
I’m almost 71 and thought I was 20 LOL
Marty has done me a great service with all the motivation for older people. I can’t wait to get strong again!! Looks like serious yoga is in the future too. Ugh. There was an 83 year old guy there working out...all so inspiring.

Hi dear NIRDIs. Don’t forget to change your clocks (except Ms A.) And put on your warm sweaters!
46795C0D-0B13-451F-9719-82F083371BBE.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy NYC Marathon Sunday.

@marcy I am thinking of you today and sending you hugs and love for your mom's birthday. (((Hugs))).
Thank you for asking about Francesca. She is doing OK right now knock wood. It's only been 10 days and we are hoping the steroid shot lasts her months not just 3 weeks which is the likely minimum according to my sister it would last. So fingers crossed that this holds sweet Francesca for months. Thank you for the further iPad pro info. I am going to have to get moving on that. Procrastination is my middle name lately. Thanks for the compliment re my attitude. We are similar that way. The alternative is not palatable so I choose to be happy and not miserable. Change what I can, control what I can and accept and make the best of what I cannot change and control. Something like that. It's easier to be in a good mood than a bad one and I know you kwim.
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

Of course venting one's frustrations can be healthy and then once it is out of my system I feel better. It's a catharsis.

Glad you are enjoying the weekend and I hope you get to visit your mom at the cemetery today and that it is a day filled with happy memories of her and the love you shared.

Hello @Jimmianne sweet photos. Changing the clocks back was sobering this AM as I was up at 3AM which was now 2AM and that was it for sleeping. Feeling rather zombie like atm and coffee is not helping. Hope you are feeling more like 20 than 71 (you certainly look it girlfriend:halo:). Glad you are working out and take it nice and slow and easy...no rush. Slow and steady wins that race. Hugs.

@Sandeek how are you feeling? Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

@Tekate hope you had easy travels and are here safely and enjoying your family... :appl:

Have a good day girls! I think we are going to have a lovely one.:wavey:

Leaving you with a photo of my Cartier Opal. As we were heading out yesterday for a stroll I snapped a few quick pics and a video. She looks different every day. Amazing. No lights are on and it is early afternoon just before we headed out for a lovely walk. Incrediblicious (IMO).

cartieropalinsidelivingroom.jpg.png

Have a fun Sunday girls!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, fyi, ( and I just reminded my sleep deprived dd as well), the past three nights I started taking magnesium at bedtime again. Started dreamimg more and sleeping later. I feel <<<charged up!>>>
Maybe it would work for you guys as well???
Anyway, I wish you could get more sleep!!! XX

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We call the tents, marquis here @Jimmianne , we had a big one in the garden for my 40th b’day - good gracious that was 19 years ago :-o:eek-2: Being far away has some advantages, and at least you’re involved with the important things. What type of setting are you thinking of for Mildred? I love Marilyn Marquise, very different from my usual style, but I adore the simple elegance of Bella’s setting.

Oh dear, I hope your bite isn’t too painful, Dottie can get a bit grabby with food, but if I say “ow”, she looks upset.

I can really recommend Pilates, I couldn’t get on with yoga, but I really enjoy Pilates.

Aww that’s good that Francesca is doing well at the moment, long may it continue @missy.

I think one of these days, she’s going to grab Bubbalah and run around with it on her little paw :lol:

Your opal is TDF, I’d never really liked opals before, but wow, that’s a real beauty :love:

Hope Greg had a safe trip to and from the beach house to fill up the kitty cafe.

I’m not keen on that other setting either, still a bit ornate for such a beautiful stone, your perfect setting is out there somewhere, and there’s fun to be had in the hunt :cool2:

I’m glad your bling list isn’t very big @marcy :P2 I can see how there’s far too much temptation going to the store, but Christmas is coming, so hopefully Santa will be bringing you something pretty.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch with your sister and BIL today and the weather was fine for your drive to them.

Hope you’ve arrived safely @Tekate - have fun in the Big Apple.

Enjoy spending time with your DD @junebug17

We have done much this weekend, just taking Dottie out and staying in to keep her calm with all the fireworks going off. Fortunately, she’s been a bit calmer today.

Big wave to all the NIRDIS :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, the pin you won is so pretty! I love it. Congrats and have fun wearing it. :appl: Love the Halloween pic of you and your sister too, really cute! The setting you were considering for Bubbalah is very beautiful but I understand that you prefer something a bit simpler. Your opal ring looks gorgeous on your hand! So glad you enjoyed wearing it today. I'm happy to hear HRH is doing well and I really hope it continues. She and Bubbalah are so pretty together!

@Austina, I'm so sorry about the delay in getting your gate fixed, it's just ridiculous for it to be dragged out for so long! I'm angry right along with you.
And I feel the same way, I prefer Pilates over yoga too. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong when I do yoga! Sending good thoughts to Colin, it's great he's keeping on top of his skin issues.

@marcy, yes, being busy does make the day go by quickly, I'm glad your workdays are going by fast. Lol to your employee's daughter being just like her mother; sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Sending you love and hugs and I hope your mother's birthday brought back some comforting memories for you. Hope you had a great time with your sister and bil.

@Jimmianne, good for us for joining a gym lol! Seriously, I think it's great you've joined and I'm sure you're going to do very well. It's good to start out with the lower weights anyway while you're getting used to the equipment. I'm pretty impressed we're both showing up haha! I've been taking classes, they keep me honest and they're fun. Your dd's plans sound lovely and her wedding and celebration will be wonderful. Your dd looks adorable in her costume! So nice she has such a creative mama :kiss2: I'm sorry about the incident with Issy, it does sound like she felt very badly about it - and I hope you're not feeling any discomfort from it. Cute sweater pics!

@PierreBear, your goodies from class sound really yummy! Sorry about the issue with the wedding but I'm glad you and dh are not letting it ruin your plans. DD still has her room at our house, so she always feels right at home ha!

Had a great visit with dd, she's always a lot of fun, makes me laugh...the four of us went out for dinner and it was great being together. I definitely indulged in too many goodies this weekend though, ugh. Those exercise classes are going to be brutal this week!sad :((

@Tekate, hope you have had safe travels and are enjoying your time with family!

Wishing everyone a good Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, i read Marty what you said. He thought it was great; he said he gets excited to hear when anyone decides to start a program. I think it kind of made his day. Thanks. I set our clocks back before we went to bed. That’s good to hear you are sleeping better.

Missy, I am delighted to hear Francesca is doing okay and I hope her shot helps for months. Another thought on the iPad Pro; I got mine at Sams and it included the 2 year Apple Care with the price so Costco might do that as well. I agree it’s always a good thing to vent and I also try to keep aware of things I can change and let things go when I can’t. I don’t want to waste a lot of time being miserable. Your opal ring is stunning. I hope you get some more sleep tonight. Thanks for the kind thoughts about my mom; I did think of a good laugh we had one time on my mom's birthday. Her favorite cake was lemon so I made her a lemon cake and when I was frosting it (she was having her best friend come over for coffee and cake) I tried to frost it before it was cool enough. Every time I put some frosting on the cake; I pulled a big chunk of cake back with my spatula. My mom tried to help me fix it and we got to laughing so hard we couldn't do anything. It turned out okay though; the cake tasted great even though it was kind of a mess. :lol:

Austina, I’d feel bed getting some bling for Christmas this year after buying windows and a new iPad. I think stocking stuffers are all we are doing this year. What is on your Christmas list? And on Colin’s list? I am glad Dottie isn’t as stressed today from the fireworks.

We had a fun outing today. We wandered around some stores for a few hours then met my sister and BIl for lunch. It was fun. We picked up a few Christmas gifts and I found a baby blue Yeti stainless steel cup (to keep my cold water cold all day) that was on sale so how could I pass that up?

We had a little snow last night and a bit of rain today. It’s cold in the wind but that’s typical this time of year.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I missed your post. I admit that I am still chuckling about that comment to my employee. I still didn't run any flowers out to the cemetery but I can also hear my mom saying don't spend any money on flowers for me. My dad's birthday is the 19th so I'll run something out next weekend for both of them. I ordered a holiday pine blanket for them that is probably already there. It sounds like you had a great visit and fun time with your DD. That is awesome.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday.

@junebug17 yay! So pleased you had the best visit with your DD and enjoyed the whole family. And yes to indulging occasionally. You deserve it. And you will work it off at the gym so enjoy that too. A good workout is cathartic and really helps my mood and makes me feel better generally. Hope it does all that for you too.
Thanks for all your (always) lovely comments. (((Hugs))).

@marcy I did sleep better last night but darn Greg had to wake me because we are leaving for a doctor's appointment soon. But yes thank you I slept better. Your mom was a wonderful person Marcy and that does not surprise me. You are part her. Yummm I love lemon cake and thank you for sharing that beautiful story of you and your mom and the frosting.

Greg took a photo of the Costco iPad Pro when he was shopping at Costco Saturday morning. I didn't realize he did till looking at photos this morning. I guess he is ready for me to get a new iPad too. LOL.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 7.07.38 AM.png

Glad you enjoyed a lovely visit with your sister and BIL and yes to getting a head start on the holiday shopping list. Of course you could not pass up the Yeti stainless steel cup that was on sale. Sweet purchase.

Hello @Austina thank you for your lovely comments about my opal ring. So happy dear Dottie is feeling calmer after the fireworks this weekend. I hate fireworks so much. Hope you are enjoying a good Monday and receive good news soon about your gate and when it will be functional again. I agree with you and am very much enjoying the search/hunt for Bubbalah's perfect setting. And in the meantime I am enjoying her setting as it is now. It is quite the setting IRL and makes a dramatic entrance. LOL just ask Kate.

Hi @Jimmianne thanks for that tip. I have been taking Magnesium faithfully for years. I feel like I have tried it all lol but I bet there is something out there I have not yet tried so please do not give up on me. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend and have a good week.

@Sandeek have a good Monday and hope you are doing well. XO.

Off to see the doctor for both us today.
Just wanted to say before I have to fun that we had the delightful pleasure to meet the darling @Tekate and her very lovely niece yesterday. @Tekate is every bit as wonderful as you all might have imagined from her PS posts. And then some. She is a joy.

Dear @Tekate I know you are busy enjoying your family now and are not going to have time to check in here but just wanted to say have a wonderful rest of your NYC visit and enjoy your sweet family and thank you for taking the time out of your busy and short visit here to meet with Greg and me.

Leaving you with a really awful photo but sharing it just because it commemorates our lovely visit yesterday with dear Kate and her sweet niece.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 7.15.45 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shameless Bubbalah photo...that I snapped right before leaving to meet Kate yesterday. I have to say her setting does look lovely. For now it isn't torture wearing her like this.:whistle::bigsmile:

bubbalahlivingroom.jpg.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, darn it, you are giving me bling fever. So happy you and Kate met up!
I’ll be back later. Just in from standing with horses for the farrier for two hours (trump supporter) and instead of drinking lol I am headed to the gym.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: I’ve already had my birthday, Christmas and anniversary presents @marcy so my Christmas list is blank. I honestly can’t think of anything I want, and I don’t need anything either. Your Mum sounds like a fun lady, and I’m sure knows you miss and think of her often.

I hope your Drs appts went well today @missy. I’m so glad you got to meet up with Kate and her niece, us NIRDIS are certainly getting about this year
We have avoided talking about the ins co all weekend, just have to wait and see if they react to tomorrow’s deadline.

Hi @Jimmianne at least the gym won’t give you a hangover :lol:

We saw A Star is Born today , didn’t really enjoy it, far too much gratuitous swearing - do people really use the F word in place of ever other word?

Big wave out to all the other NIRDIs :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, LOL yes. The gym was a much better idea than wine!
After the elections tomorrow I may have to go back to the original plan, but I hope that is not necessary : )
If you have a blank Christmas list, that’s a good thing, right? Start filling in those blanks! Lol. Actually if I were you I would be too busy loving my new diamond :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results