carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning everyone!!

@missy I hope Francesca feels better! a heart murmur can be debilitating but I hope your beautiful kitty does well on the steroid as it really can improve things short term. OOOHHH to the bling you and LLJs mom tried on Gorgeous stuff.. the necklace is classic and beautiful. How are you? I'm going to the sports medicine doctor today, they will xray my shoulder and see what is going on.. not sure if I will get a steroid shot or not, probably get scheduled for P/T again.. the goal is no surgery. But in December I will be needing that shoulder to carry bags etc so I'm hoping she can do something today.

@marcy your rings look perfect! perfect complements to each other.. I wouldn't add any more gold to the set.. love your rings!!!!! Getting replacements is a touchy thing, you don't want to get them too early as they wear out, too late and the risk of surgery goes way up.. I do know that after my hip replacements I felt way better and believe I waited too long for my right hip, seriously I could barely walk. Marcy thanks for asking about my hair, I cut it short again, enough of the long, white, silvery hair in the front, now I have a shaggy thing :) hubster didn't notice. Men. Marcy we usually don't get snow till late December or early January thru April sometimes ugh.

@Austina water is Austin is receding according to my husband which is good news for them. Glad Kim is doing well.

@canuk-gal stay warm, eat chicken noodle soup! and take care of yourself, sorry you got DH's cold :(

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Kate

P

PierreBear

Well happy Friday! May I disclose that I was a good citizen this week and voted. It was right around the corner and no lines at all. Whew…. The other big news is that we filed an insurance claim and will be meeting the adjuster and the roofer next week. One step at a time, deep breaths, and hoping that Nationwide is really on our side. Hahaha… We finally have a weekend where there isn’t rain. There is so much rain over here that the city issued a “water boil notice” where water must be boiled before eating and drinking. Easier said than done because of habits… most of the time I forget when brushing my teeth and cleaned the brush with tap water. Still alive so far and no tummy issues so heyyy.. will call that a win! Ya’ll have a great weekend!

@missy – poor Francesca…. Hugs that her asthma calms down. When I adopted my cat, he was a sick boy and was always in the nebulizer.

So fun that you got to play with bling with @LLJsmom and so thankful ya’ll shared the photo. I think I recognize those last two photos… from OWD, the one you tried on for me in the past right?

@marcy – Your ring is beautiful! Lovely! It’s a good thing that you like the one you have and if you do get another one, it’s just icing on the cake. Take your time on it!

@canuk-gal – Bummer that you caught a cold. Sounds like DH owes you a massage and chocolates.

@Austina – Hello hello!

@Tekate – I’m with you, too! I prefer my laptop or computer to get actual work done. Now if I’m doing nothing but passing the time, a tablet feels more comfortable.

Good for you on walking and doing the best that you can. Every little movement, step, mile etc counts and adds up overtime!

@junebug17 – Hope you are having a good time in SC! Hmmm I dare say that I am a big ice cream fan. Even in the winter time, there is nothing more decadent to me than ice cream… or chocolate… ahhh I love them all! Even candy… almost time to be discounted candy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good luck PB with your water issues.
Missy--glad you could meet up and have some fun! I'd love to do that!
Tekate--keep well girl!

I am actually very well today. Whatever hit my HD only grazed me. Goodbye box of Kleenex! lol

I had my hands microwaved today. LOL. Goodbye brown sunspots!!! Now I'll need some more rings to adorn my "new hands!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am glad Francesca was able to get a shot. I hope it helps her asthma. That would be great if a nebulizer can help her but I can see it would be challenging to do that to a cat. Sending her healing dust from Wyoming. i am glad you enjoyed the day with LLJsmom and of course you ladies got to try on some gorgeous bling. Very pretty. Great idea to have the bears get stronger so they can fight off the rabbits. I like it. I’d love to get a decent night sleep too. I know you get up way early. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts about my rings. I will probably keep my ering the way it is; right now I’m thinking of getting a sapphire pendant anyway.

Kate, i hope your doctor appointment went well and they can fix you up without surgery. Thank you for the compliment about my rings. I have 3 other bands I wear sometimes but the Tiffany band gets pulled out the most. i am glad to hear you felt better after your hip replacements. My biggest concern about knee replacements are I am allergic to so many things; I sure wouldn’t want to get a new knee that my body rejects and I know knee replacements don’t last forever. Your snow season isn’t as long as ours. Do you get a lot of snow? Our average per snow storm is about 5 to 8 inches but then of course we get lots of drifting. Our first snow is usually late September and it snows until at least May. I bet your hair looks great. Marty never notices new hair styles on me either.

PierreBear, yay for voting. We voted a few weeks ago. Marty never knows when he’ll be out of town so we try to vote early when he’s in town. Good luck with your insurance claim. Our last house and my parents house had Nationwide and I had no complaints with them getting out shingles replaced on both houses. Glad to hear the rain is letting up. What a pain to have to boil water; I remember a few times we had to do that here and like you said; it’s hard to remember and brushing your teeth was one that got me every time. Thank you for the compliments about my rings. I bought the tiffany band first and wanted my ering to match it and i think it does quite well. I had Tiffanys polish my band one time and the lady who helped me that day had to show everyone my ring. I guess if it impresses people at Tiffany’s it’s a good thing. We’ll be going to Houston someday so I can wait and try on solitaires at WF then. More money for other projects now. I am totally with you on ice cream and chocolate. Mm.

Sharon, good deal for dodging the cold. You definitely need some new rings for your newly microwaved hands. Is it nice there this weekend?

Work was busy today so I spent half of my time chasing one problem and visiting with people. I totally cracked up my boss’s other employees. We all meet at 3 pm to go over our day and the girl who used to work for me said something about being bitter. I said “since you aren’t my employee anymore I can tell you “don’t be bitter; be better”. It just slipped out. Oops.

Marty took the day off and he and a friend of ours headed to Colorado to play golf. We went out for supper tonight and are just watching TV tonight.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here was today's sunrise. Are you sick of them yet?
IMG_9565.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate how did your appointment go with your sports medicine doctor yesterday? I hope your goal of no surgery can be realized and that he can give you non invasive treatments including effective PT that can allow you to overcome the inflammation and pain and hold any shoulder bags you need to for your upcoming trip and further into the future. Of course there is always that option to get a bag boy to help you carry all your stuff. I mean that is not a bad way to go right? Who doesnt need a personal assistant.:kiss: I love short silvery hair and I bet it looks beautiful. I have been so lazy not getting my hair cut and it is a wreck. I just am not in the mood to get it cut and I wish my hair would turn all gray already and if it would turn your gorgeous silvery gray I would be so happy. Right now it's a sort of dull yucky looking gray. Luckily my dh doesn't seem to mind either and so I am golden. LOL not golden but greydon.:lol:

@marcy I could never get sick of any of your photos...please keep them coming! I hope you do get a sapphire pendant. That would be fabulous on you. LOL "don't be bitter be better" LOVE that. :P2 I definitely can see you cracking up your colleagues Marcy.:lol: Working with you would be a blast IMO unless one has no sense of humor. Sorry you were chasing that one problem all day yesterday and hope it is resolved now. And most importantly woohoo it's the weekend. Or as HRH likes to purrr "what's a weekend mommy?:cheeky:

@canuk-gal yay, so glad you are all better! That's the way to do it. Good immune system and all that hand washing does help.:appl: And anytime you plan on coming to the states in my vicinity please let me know and we will plan an amazing get together. It can involve anything you want. Good food, beautiful bling, and/or entertaining shows. Etc. That would be so much fun.:appl: We have to get you some gorgeous new bling for your gorgeous new hands.:love:

Aww @PierreBear sorry your kitty had issues and how is he doing now? Does he no longer have asthma? Francesca did not have it when she was younger but now she is middle age and Debbie says her lungs are more than moderately inflamed which is not good. It's more of a severe asthma so it will be challenging to get under control and I am holding my breath (haha holding my breath for the asthma 8)) that she does well on this strong steroid injection treatment and that it works and that she doesnt need it too often because she can not take it too often. We will see how it goes and glad your kitty's breathing is well under control now. You're a good momma! Yay for no rain this weekend for you but boo because it has come our way. That isn't nice @PierreBear :P2 JK! And good for you for getting out there and voting and no lines. Win win there. Good luck with the insurance adjuster and the roofer next week.

No it's not the same stone I looked at for you...this one is around 3.5 plus carats I believe...but my memory could be wrong though I do not believe it is the same stone. Speaking of which how are you enjoying your gorgeous ring? I forget, are you wearing it yet? I know you wore it to @Austina once. In any case you have a gorgeous stone and ring and I am so pleased and happy for you. One that represents the beautiful love you share with your dh. :kiss2:

Shout out to @Sandeek hope you are having a good weekend and thinking of you and sending continued good vibes your way.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Quick jaunt to the JAWS just for some bling action. Today it's quite stormy so running some errands and then into the city for some delicious food with friends. The weekend always goes so fast so trying to cherish every moment. Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend!

Leaving you with some bling pics from yesterday.

This is a gorgeous ring from Anup. OMG. F color but SI so not eye clean (to me) however still gorgeous. Over 200K. I absolutely love that setting but the girdle is just so exposed in the setting. However it is a TDF setting and original to the ring. LOVE.

anupsring.jpeg.png

anupsring.jpg.png

and a still shot from video I took of Bubbalah and Anup's 7 (? not sure of the actual weight it was either 6.5 or 7 or something like that) carat ring...

stillshotfromvideoanupvsbubbalah.jpg.png

and lastly I like this setting and maybe thinking about it for Bubbalah...so hard to choose though and I am just not sure.

possiblesettingforbubbalah.jpg.png

Enjoy a wonderful Caturday Saturday girls! (((HUGS))).

Attachments

• anupsring.jpeg.png
    anupsring.jpeg.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 128

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend lovelies

I love your set as it is @marcy, it’s just perfect. Save the bling money for a sapphire pendant :P2 Would you get pink or blue? Both? :lol: Argh to having to even think about joint replacements and the possibility of being allergic to them. Hopefully you won’t need to worry about that for a while. If you ever plan a trip to WF, I hope it’s when I’m in Tx, because I’d love to go.
:lol: to your comment, what did your ex-employee think?

Glad you didn’t get full blown lurgy @canuk-gal hope you’re still feeling good. I’ve never heard of microwaved hands :shock: yes, you definitely need something sparkly to show them off :cool2:

Everything crossed that the steroid help little Francesca, I can seen how it’d be difficult nebulising a puss.

Wowsers, that necklace, now just to find somewhere to wear it :ugeek: Looks like you and Lljsmom had so much fun ogling and trying on that fabulous bling. Love that big ‘ol haloed devil!

How did your Drs visit go @Tekate I hope it was successful and you don’t need surgery. Glad you’re pleased with your ‘do’. I’ve come home with a completely different colour and style and Colin hasn’t noticed :roll2:

Good idea to get the insurance company involved @PierreBear , you just never know what will come of these problems.

It’s turned cold here, 5deg C this morning :-o, I’ll have to start wearing a coat soon.

No plans for us, hope you all have a great weekend :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOL @Austina--they used a laser but it just seems like nuking to me. My hands look sunburned today, but they don't hurt.

Marcy--the weather has been very fine--what we are used to. It think it was 16C and sunny yesterday. It has been up to 20C this week!

Have a great Saturday NIRDI's! I made kale salad and super slaw last night, will do some more cabbage rolls today.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy @Austina thank you both so much for asking about my doctor's appt., I forgot to update ... my doctors office trains medical students from Tufts University so they asked me if I would see a 3rd year med student first, always happy to oblige students! young guy came and and he asked me questions, pain level, then had had me do tests with arms - strength, pull etc. Nice kid, wants to be a PCP. So in pops my doctor, Dr Allyson Howe, she is great, she has been my doc on this issue for my shoulder since 2015 https://www.intermed.com/team/allyson-howe-md/

She's a very good physician. She sent me for xrays - not had them since 15.

Here is her diagnosis:
  • M75.121: Complete tear of right rotator cuff
  • M19.019: Glenohumeral arthritis

Dr Howe's Notes:

High concern for complete tear of right rotator cuff given significant weakness on exam. Will pursue MRI to confirm this. She would be a good candidate for surgical repair based on her relatively young age, but advanced OA in this shoulder may complicate this.

Oodles of fun yesterday. Now I have to have the MRI to see if my rotator thing is torn and what they are gonna do about it, if anything. :) age, it's an ugly thing.

Ugly rainy day in Maine today, high of 37 degrees F ... talked with my niece in the city and Brooklyn is cold today too, and rainy. Always like the rain in the fall as it helps the leaves come down faster!

happy weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, gorgeous bling pictures. I love the F OEC; you don’t see those too often. That is a great setting for Bubbalah; very classy looking. Aw thanks for not getting tired of my sunrise pictures; I try to catch the sunrise as often as I can. I do amuse myself at work; so that is fine with me. How is HRH feeling today? I am glad she is pampered and doesn’t know why weekends are important to some of us.

Austina, I think I’d get a blue sapphire pendant first. I have a pink pendant already but would like a larger one. Thanks, I am hoping my knees hold out for a long time; wishful thinking. Meeting you at WF someday would be a blast. You never know. my ex-employee was amused; I hope. I’ll circle back with her on Monday and make sure she didn’t take it personal. I saw some parts of the UK has snow; it is getting cold there. We might get some of the white stuff on Tuesday night.

Sharon, I am glad your hands don’t hurt. Enjoy the nice weather. I can smell your cabbage rolls now. Mm.

Kate, nice to have a thorough exam / discussion with the med student. My eye doctor’s office has students in there frequently. Good luck with the MRI; I hope they can fix your shoulder for you. Getting old isn’t for sissies, eh? Sorry to hear you have chilly rain this weekend. A good time to stay home and warm up with house with something baking in the oven.

I got up in time to see the sunrise. Marty went to the gym this morning and I caught up on things on our DVR. I am on the last batch of laundry now.

We went out for lunch and then went and bought a new mattress. We bought a medium firm mattress when we moved in here and haven’t liked it most of the time we’ve been here (almost 6 years now). I see a lot of online mattresses are popular and have good customer reviews but we decided to go look for a Serta. Marty’s shoulder falls asleep and my lower back gets achy. I am now freaking out the mattress we picked it too high. Right now I can barely get on the bed. Marty will have to saw off the legs of our bed. Ha Ha. The California King aren’t in stock so we’ll get it in a few weeks. We got one of the hybrids so hope we like it. Sadly that cuts in to my visions of jewelry but an uncomfortable bed is getting old.

We stopped on the way home to get some ice cream. Darn I forgot to get a picture of it. I had chocolate and cake batter; Marty had dark chocolate and mint.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy I could never get tired of your beautiful photos. Please share and post away. I love when you girls share pics of your life. :kiss2:

Congrats on your new mattress purchase. Sorry it cuts into your bling fund but you will replenish and a good night's sleep is priceless. Don't worry about it being too high. You'll be OK. You could always add a little step up if you have to. Our mattress is pretty high but I like it. But I also enjoy a softer mattress. I like my pillows soft too.

Yumm to your ice cream last night. Cake batter is delicious but not feeling Marty's mint and dark chocolate. I like it in a candy bar but not sure about ice cream...I wouldn't pass it up however if someone was giving it out. Hehe.:cheeky:

Yes to blue sapphire pendant. You can never go wrong with Blue (IMO). Blue is true... Blue is you... and.. Blue rules. DO BLUE.:lol:

It might not surprise you to know I am usually awake to see the sunrise even when the sun is rising in the summer which is pretty early.

@Tekate yes I would have done the same and actually often do because some of the doctors we see are in teaching hospitals and I always allow students to be there and evaluate me too because we need more skilled and compassionate doctors IMO. Is it just because I am so old now or does everyone look so young? All the students look like they are 14 LOL.

Aww I am sorry about the complete rotator cuff tear and I am sending you buckets of healing dust and good thoughts and gentle hugs for a complete and successful recovery. I am very glad you like and trust your doctor. You are in good hands Kate. (((Hugs))).

You are right that it was a rainy day here yesterday but not cold. Pretty mild. But visiting with LLJSmom and her family completely brightened the rainy day yesterday. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her family. But it makes sense because she's one of the most wonderful people I have the privilege of having as a friend.

Hope your weather brightens up and is more comfortable today.

@Austina stay warm that is cold. Winter coat needs to come out. I am still wearing my autumn jackets though today is a bit colder I hope I can get away with one of my lighter jackets again today. Seems I haven't worn much of my autumn wear yet and it feels like we might be heading into colder weather soon. Oh no I am not ready. Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend. Thank you for your good wishes for francesca. She is knock wood doing OK right now. The real test will be a few weeks from now because if the steroid doesn't hold her for longer we will have to do nebulizing treatments and honestly I am not sure she will tolerate them. But we will do everything we can.

Yumm to kale and super slaw @canuk-gal. Sounds delicious.

@Sandeek hope you are having a good weekend and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I am looking forward to less challenging times for you and all the NIRDIs who are dealing with challenges. (((Hugs))).

So yesterday was fun and we got bling for Greg woohoo. Total impulse purchase lol but those quite often are the best right? And it makes me happy to buy my dh bling because he doesn't generally buy bling and while he has a huge watch collection he hasn't bought watches for a long while either. Got him a white gold band that has style and pizzazz (IMO). I took a quick pic in the restaurant last night but it was so dark. Sharing anyway.

gregsnewweddingband.jpg.png

I also got some fire shots in the dim illumination under the table with @LLJsmom lol. They are blurry though and not sure if it's OK to share so will wait on that. Planning another blingy fun day today and hope you all enjoy a wonderful Sunday too. Sending you warm hugs. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, i am not surprised you see the sunrise even in the summer. You get up early. It's a nice way to start the day.
I hope the mattress isn't too high for me; I'd worry about tripping over a little stool in the dark but I think I'll be okay. We will see. If not we'll have to cut off a bit on the bed or get a new one. The mattress looks about the same size. Time will tell.
I definitely want a blue sapphire pendant; i see one in my future. Or at least that hits the top of my wish list today.
I am glad you guys caught up with LLJsmom and her family. Fun!
Great band for Greg's watch. Sweet.
I am looking forward to more bling pictures.

We had a lazy day. TV, eating and reading. I got most of my November newsletter done today.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy I hope the mattress and bed will work well together and not be too high for you. I hear you on worrying about tripping on the stool in the middle of the night when you use the restroom. I know you will figure it out and make it work and hope getting a new bed is not the only option. I wish you could have attended the show with us as they had lots of blue sapphires. I am sorry I should have looked for you and sent you photos but you probably want to enjoy the fun of sapphire shopping so probably worked out for the best.

The band we got Greg is a ring not the watch band but my fault as my post was confusing yesterday. I am all blinged out in the brain and cannot form complete sentences haha.

Sweet you had a relaxing lazy weekend. Those are necessary to recover from the past stressful week and rejuvenate and revive for the following week. Hoping your Monday goes smoothly and that all your colleagues/employees are in cheerful moods and ready to be efficient and do their work properly.

@junebug17 hope you had a lovely time at your SC beach house and safe travels back.

@Tekate hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend...one more week...

@Sandeek hope you have a lovely week and enjoyed a relaxing and fun weekend.

Hey to everyone else. Hope all the lovely NIRDIs had a good weekend and are doing well.

We had another amazbling day yesterday. OMG so many stunning pieces. I think we could have stayed easily another day at the show lol. The weather was perfect yesterday too. The past 4 days went way too fast however and somehow it's Monday again.

Sharing a photo of "Sonny" or "Cher" (don't know which one haha) with you. These earrings are spectacular IRL. With the not so spectacular price tag of 95K oh well. It was a thrill just trying them on and you can see "The Olsens" in the background on Grace.

BFF35471-AB66-4AF5-9195-72EB481AD3B7.jpeg

So I hae a decision I must make today before the show is over and Grace leaves for the West Coast. At the end of the day yesterday as LLJsmom and I were heading out to meet Greg for dinner and we went to say bye to Grace she showed me a possible setting for Bubbalah that she just at that moment got from someone interested in selling. We were running late so I did not have time to scrutinize all the aspects of it as closely as I would've liked and now have to decide. I really want an original antique setting and this is it. But I wanted 8 prongs and this is 4 tab prongs but Grace says it is safe to protect the girdle. It had old cut diamonds all over the setting which normally I am not a fan of but IDK it was a lovely setting. It might look gorgeous with Bubbalah. My issue is I cannot visualize and therein lies the problem. And it isn't cheap so it's not like OK let me buy it and then I can change it in a few months if I hate it. Last issue is the shank is a bit thicker right under the head because of all the bling on it and it tapers down. I generally prefer a thinner (2mm) shank throughout and not sure how that will look. Foolishly I didn't get a photo of the ring mount on my finger. :wall:

Anyway here are a few photos.
I would appreciate any/all thoughts.
The setting was exquisite but I just need help in deciding is it right for Bubbalah? It is very hard to come by true original antique settings for larger stones. This one is true to Bubbalah's era too so that is another plus. The craftsmanship is just beautiful. Gosh it is a really challenging decision to make with such a short time to make it. Help! :lol:

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.13.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.13.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.11.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.10.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.10.37 AM.png

Sorry the photos are blurry. We were in a mad rush. Of course this happens just as we are leaving. LOL.

Lastly a big thanks to my sweet wonderful friend @LLJsmom. For making the past few days a blingy blast and for your wonderful company. (((Hugs))).

Have a good Monday girls! :wavey:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.11.47 AM.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 28

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Okay, here goes, whilst I appreciate the artistry of the setting @missy , my reaction to it is the same as the one you had on loan from OWD. I just think it’s over fussy and would detract from, rather than enhance Bubbalah. I’m sorry, I actually prefer it’s current setting, whilst not being of the era, I just feel it allows Bubbalah to shine. Ultimately of course, it’s what you prefer, and perhaps I’m not seeing it in it’s best light because it’s blurry.

Love Greg’s new band, it looks lovely and suits him very well. WOW to Sonny & Cher, I saw them on IG and thought of you :lol: Sounds like you and LLJSmom had so much fun, total bling heaven.

Hope the new mattress doesn’t make your bed too high @marcy I’ve noticed in several show homes we’ve visited, that the beds are so high, you almost need a step ladder to climb in. I like a really firm mattress, I get achy if I sleep on a soft one. Glad you’ve had a relaxing weekend - the best kind.

Ugh to the rotator cuff tear @Tekate - but hey, you’re officially relatively young :D Hope the MRI will show it doesn’t need major surgery.

Our clocks went back yesterday, and of course at 3.30pm Dottie was whining for her dinner, poor girl had to wait a while, but protested loudly :lol:

We’re off to see Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon, so must get on.

Have a great day ladies :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is a gorgeous setting but I think it would detract from your gorgeous diamond. It’d be fabulous with a sapphire.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello Missy, I agree with Austina and Marcy, I think the setting would detract from Bubbalah =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Austina, @marcy and @ringcat (RC, got your last email and I had some more info to add so check it out and sweet dreams!)...

I am probably not getting the semi mount. It isn't me. I love the idea of it. Exquisite, true to the time period and a work of art. But I am not sure I see myself wearing it comfortably and it is a bit fussy. I also agree it might take away from the OEC star of the show our big beautiful Bubbalah. I appreciate your input and thank you girls for sharing your thoughts with me. XO.

(I love being able to post from my phone on the go as difficult as it can be at times because I am never alone lol).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, this is a tough call! It's a beautiful setting and I do like settings with a bit of bling...but you don't sound sure about it so maybe it's best to pass on it. It really depends on how you feel, if you really love it you should go for it! It's gorgeous. but I'm sensing some hesitation so maybe it's a sign this isn't the right setting for you.

Eta - we were posting at the same time lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, this is a tough call! It's a beautiful setting and I do like settings with a bit of bling...but you don't sound sure about it so maybe it's best to pass on it. It really depends on how you feel, if you really love it you should go for it! It's gorgeous. but I'm sensing some hesitation so maybe it's a sign this isn't the right setting for you.

Eta - we were posting at the same time lol

Thanks Junie! Appreciate your thoughts. Please tell us abiut your trip. I hope you had fun!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy just a quick drop in for now.. I LOVE that setting Missy.. but I think 4 prongs is not enough, your stone is beautiful and large. I don't want to burst your bubble, I know you are insured (right :) ) but you will not be able to replace Bubbalah, she is your unicorn. Your stone has history, if I could, and Bubbalah were mine I would have a repro made of what you want.. heck I might even bezel the stone.. not sure but maybe... my .02 on this rainy morning in Maine.

bbl

GM girls!

@marcy I hope the mattress and bed will work well together and not be too high for you. I hear you on worrying about tripping on the stool in the middle of the night when you use the restroom. I know you will figure it out and make it work and hope getting a new bed is not the only option. I wish you could have attended the show with us as they had lots of blue sapphires. I am sorry I should have looked for you and sent you photos but you probably want to enjoy the fun of sapphire shopping so probably worked out for the best.

The band we got Greg is a ring not the watch band but my fault as my post was confusing yesterday. I am all blinged out in the brain and cannot form complete sentences haha.

Sweet you had a relaxing lazy weekend. Those are necessary to recover from the past stressful week and rejuvenate and revive for the following week. Hoping your Monday goes smoothly and that all your colleagues/employees are in cheerful moods and ready to be efficient and do their work properly.

@junebug17 hope you had a lovely time at your SC beach house and safe travels back.

@Tekate hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend...one more week...

@Sandeek hope you have a lovely week and enjoyed a relaxing and fun weekend.

Hey to everyone else. Hope all the lovely NIRDIs had a good weekend and are doing well.

We had another amazbling day yesterday. OMG so many stunning pieces. I think we could have stayed easily another day at the show lol. The weather was perfect yesterday too. The past 4 days went way too fast however and somehow it's Monday again.

Sharing a photo of "Sonny" or "Cher" (don't know which one haha) with you. These earrings are spectacular IRL. With the not so spectacular price tag of 95K oh well. It was a thrill just trying them on and you can see "The Olsens" in the background on Grace.

BFF35471-AB66-4AF5-9195-72EB481AD3B7.jpeg

So I hae a decision I must make today before the show is over and Grace leaves for the West Coast. At the end of the day yesterday as LLJsmom and I were heading out to meet Greg for dinner and we went to say bye to Grace she showed me a possible setting for Bubbalah that she just at that moment got from someone interested in selling. We were running late so I did not have time to scrutinize all the aspects of it as closely as I would've liked and now have to decide. I really want an original antique setting and this is it. But I wanted 8 prongs and this is 4 tab prongs but Grace says it is safe to protect the girdle. It had old cut diamonds all over the setting which normally I am not a fan of but IDK it was a lovely setting. It might look gorgeous with Bubbalah. My issue is I cannot visualize and therein lies the problem. And it isn't cheap so it's not like OK let me buy it and then I can change it in a few months if I hate it. Last issue is the shank is a bit thicker right under the head because of all the bling on it and it tapers down. I generally prefer a thinner (2mm) shank throughout and not sure how that will look. Foolishly I didn't get a photo of the ring mount on my finger. :wall:

Anyway here are a few photos.
I would appreciate any/all thoughts.
The setting was exquisite but I just need help in deciding is it right for Bubbalah? It is very hard to come by true original antique settings for larger stones. This one is true to Bubbalah's era too so that is another plus. The craftsmanship is just beautiful. Gosh it is a really challenging decision to make with such a short time to make it. Help! :lol:

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.13.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.13.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.12.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.10.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.10.37 AM.png

Sorry the photos are blurry. We were in a mad rush. Of course this happens just as we are leaving. LOL.

Lastly a big thanks to my sweet wonderful friend @LLJsmom. For making the past few days a blingy blast and for your wonderful company. (((Hugs))).

Have a good Monday girls! :wavey:

P

PierreBear

@canuk-gal – Brave girl taking care of those brown spots. Agreed that you earned a reward!

@Tekate - Aiyaya… how did you tear your rotator cuff? Sorry I missed that part of your posting.

@marcy – Thanks for the kind words and encouragement on the insurance claims and glad that ya’ll had good experiences in the past. Hope Marty had a good time in CO playing golf. Beautiful sunset and thanks for sharing!

Congrats on the new mattress. Hope you find one that is the right height and firmness. It’s hard to find the right mattress. Have you heard of a store called Casper? Pretty new store that I’ve that allows you to try it out but it seems like a newer brand that people are talking about.

@missy – My cat is doing well thanks to the antibiotics. Think he only had some sort of cold thankfully but unsure what he had going on as a kitten but thinks it always makes him susceptible to some diseases. Awww sorry you are getting tons of rain over there… hopefully it lets up so you can still cycle! Ah yes, it does sound like a different stone. No, only wearing it for special occasions such as seeing @Austina …. : ) Count down until next year. I’m wearing the band as a RHR though so it was a good compromise.

Wow that cut is very interesting but goodness so exposed that I would be nervous wearing it around. Bubbalah certainly holds her own… think the setting you picked out looks beautiful if you want to go back to a solitaire! Oh and yay for Greg’s new bling. What a kind wife you are!

Oh just getting to your other thread as I’m playing catch up. I have the same sentiments as Austina but I hope it’s not my style preference getting into the way. I would rather pair that setting with a colored stone to truly see the more complex setting. I think Bubbalah would best be shown off in a simpler setting but that is just my preference and not yours.

@Austina – Brrrr stay warm over there. Hope you enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s a new movie right?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

Missy, Greg’s new band looks nice. Marty is wearing a silicone one these days. I should dig out his big, chunky ring and wear it on my index finger. I am glad you saw some awesome bling. Those earrings are amazing! It sounds like you and LLJsmom had a blast trying on gorgeous jewelry.

Austina, we’ve generally done okay with firm mattresses; if they are too firm you definitely wake up sore. The mattress we got is a hybrid so has coils inside with the gel foam on top. Hopefully it’s a keeper. We change time this coming weekend. I wish they’d just leave it alone.

PierreBear, I hope your insurance claim goes well. I found a lot of new brands of mattresses online but of course no local stores so we stayed local. It is hard to know what you are getting until you sleep on it. I am glad to hear your kitty is doing better.

Marty lifted at the gym tonight so he is getting groceries on the way home. Woo hoo; Marcy didn’t have to go shopping.
It was gorgeous here today. Snow is in the forecast tomorrow. Bummer.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

Thanks for all your feedback on and offline. I’m passing on the setting and once again yearning for an 8 prong solitaire. And of course being the hopeful (but cautious) optimist that I am I’m still hoping for a genuine antique setting but we will see. It’s a waiting game and I’m wanting a soli setting now. As pretty as the halo is I am a solitaire girl.

Yesterday I saw the ultrasound doctor in the endocrinologist’s office and she confirmed I have 2 nodules and that my thyroid has an irregular pattern indicating Hashimoto’s so looks like yes I have Hashimoto’s in addition to low thyroid. Seeing the endocrinologist in a few weeks and we will see what the next step is. He popped into the exam room when I was with the ultrasound doctor to say hello which was nice.

@junebug17 thanks for your feedback. How was your getaway this past weekend? How’s precious Zoe doing? Please hug the dear darling from me.

@marcy thank you. Marty’s silicone ring sounds awesome too and I would totally rock that on your index finger if you so choose.
How’s work going this week? Oh no to snow in your forecast but glad you’ve enjoyed a few nice days. And yay to Marty doing the grocery shopping giving you a break from that chore. Sweet.

@Austina how was the Bohemian rhapsody yesterday? I love that. Lol to thinking of me when you saw “Sonny and Cher”. :lol:
How’s Sweet Dottie doing? Please hug her from me.

@PierreBear hope the work thing coming up is easily resolved and that all is going smoothly by you. Including all the necessary roof work you need to do. Hugs to your sweet kitty.

@Tekate thanks again. How’s your week going? The NYC marathon is coming up soon as is your visit. I bet your family cannot wait to see you. And so much happiness for you to celebrate with the family. Exciting!

@Sandeek any updates? Hope you’re doing well. We are full in Autumn now. Leaves changing and falling and a crispness in the air that only fall brings. Enjoying that. And gaining an hour of sleep this weekend for those of us who can sleep lol. Hope you’re sleeping well and feeling strong.

Just got back from a nice walk in the beautiful weather. Hope you all have a wonderful day and hugs to all of you and your fur babies too. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, love all of your pics from the jewelry show, really gorgeous bling! :love: That 7 carat diamond ring is mind-blowing. How great you were able to spend a few days with LLJsmom. I love the setting you are considering for Bubbalah. Greg's new band looks really good. I really hope the steroid injection helps Francesca"s asthma. Give her an extra cuddle from me. Zoe is doing well, having a good time eating and sleeping lol. I'm sorry about the diagnosis of Hashimoto's and I hope you can get some answers for treatment at your next endocrinologist's appointment.

Tekate, Maine lobster sounds good to me! I'm sorry about your torn rotator cuff and having to get an MRI. Sending lots of healing vibes and positive thoughts that your doctors can figure out the best way to relieve your pain.

Marcy, I love your scattered diamond wedding set, it is really beautiful. And your diamond is gorgeous :love: Love your pics of those lovely Wyoming sunrises, such amazing colors. I hope you don't need a knee replacement anytime soon. Congrats on getting a new mattress and I hope it is very comfy. The right mattress makes such a difference. A blue sapphire pendant sounds wonderful.

PierreBear, I hope things go well with the adjuster and the roofer, it will be so nice to have this leak resolved once and for all. Boiling water doesn't sound like much fun and I hope you're past the point of having to do that by now. I'm right there with you on loving chocolate! I have some Halloween candy in the house for trick or treaters and it is taking every ounce of willpower I have to not dive into it.

Sharon, so glad you were able to fight off that cold, love when that happens! How cool there's a treatment for brown spots on hands, that is great. And yes, you need more rings so you can show off your pretty hands lol!

The visit with dh's friend and his wife went well, the weather was mild so we were able to spend some time outdoors. We sat on the beach for a bit and hung out by the pool. Went out for a lovely dinner in Charleston.

I joined a gym and went to the first class today. My natural inclination is to stay holed up in the house, which I like but I've been thinking lately that it might not be that healthy for me. I really enjoyed the class, challenging but I was able to keep up. I'm a little self-conscoius about being older than most but not enough to keep me from going. The facility is beautiful and everyone was friendly so I think I'll be comfortable going there.

Not much else going on, I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so glad you didn’t mind my honest opinion on the setting @missy. I’m always a bit hesitant, as sometimes people ask for an opinion, but actually are only looking for your agreement. I feel when you ask, that you are genuinely seeking honesty, but I’d never like for there to be any upset. ;)2 I feel your perfect setting is out there, you just haven’t found it yet.

I’m sorry you’ve had a diagnosis of yet another condition, hopefully when you see the endo, he’ll have a good idea of how to proceed. It’s just one thing after another, when you’re already dealing with so much. :(2 I’m just glad amongst all this uncertainty, you have your unbreakable stability with Greg.

Well done @junebug17 , sounds like you’ve found a great gym, and don’t worry, age is only a number! Glad you’ve found the motivation to get active, if we didn’t have Dottie, I don’t think I’d be going out in this cold weather. How lovely that you had good weather at the weekend and you enjoyed your visitors.

Wow, what a contrast @marcy, lovely one day and snow the next :shock: I hope you haven’t had lots of snowing causing you problems. Your idea about a coloured stone for that setting, would be perfect, I think it needs some colour so the main stone doesn’t get consumed by it.

When will your new mattress be delivered?

Hi @PierreBear - I hope your insurance adjuster is as efficient as Kim’s, she got the cheque for her car already. We, however, are still waiting :angryfire: Hope things are good with you, and work isn’t getting you down.

You must be getting excited about your trip @Tekate. I know we’ll get to meet up one day in Tx, I’m working my way through the NIRDIs :lol:

We really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday (it’s about Queen and Freddie Mercury @PierreBear - way before your time :D). It didn’t get good reviews, but what do the critics know? There were actually lots of people there, and I remarked to the couple sitting next to me, that there’d probably be no one under 60 there :lol: I just about scraped in :P2

I went to Pilates this morning, then Dottie was booked in for a groom. She looks bootiful and smells even lovelier :love: We added the pamper package to the groom, so she’s had her paws and nose waxed, been spritzed with Eau de doggie and is sporting a Halloween bandana :lol: It’s already dark here, so the photos aren’t very good.

F29EF821-BC03-4AB5-B1A1-84B4B7FE6B37.jpeg F01A958D-232C-456B-B664-38271F76FA4D.jpeg

Sending good thoughts to all the other NIRDIS

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!!! Happy Halloween.
1578512basiuatr3h.gif

Hello @junebug17 so happy you had a wonderful visit with your dh's friend and wife and that it all went smoothly. And yay for getting beach time too. At the end of October. That is a treat. Haha speaking of treats...Happy Halloween!!! Thank you for enjoying my photos and next year I hope you will be right by my side enjoying the show with me.:appl:

So impressed you joined a gym and are taking classes. Happy everyone is friendly there and that the facility is clean and comfortable. And not surprised you can keep up Junie. You are in good shape!

Glad sweet Zoe is doing well and she is such a beautiful baby. She hit the jackpot with you guys rescuing her and becoming a family member.:kiss2:

Good afternoon @Austina we turn our clocks back this weekend. It's morning here but I know it's afternoon by you. Dottie looks so beautiful. She is such a gorgeous girl. And also another one that hit the jackpot with you guys adopting her and making her part of your family.

I did Pilates yesterday too. I really enjoy Pilates and glad you enjoy it as well. Though I do Reformer Pilates so I think you do floor Pilates which is much more challenging. Love your Dottie photos. They are wonderful and I love her bandana too. Very smart.

I appreciate your (and everyone else's) honest opinion always dear @Austina. When I ask for opinions and advice that is exactly what I want. Honesty. Thanks for sharing with me your truthful thoughts.

@Sandeek good morning. Hope you have a good Halloween!

Good morning to all the other NIRDIs! Hope you are all having a lovely week!

It's my mom's birthday today...she's a Halloween baby. Hope everyone has a happy and not spooky Halloween!!!

alexahalloween.jpg.png

alexahalloween.jpeg.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: Your niece looks cute as a little Tiger @missy and happy birthday to your Mum.

Not much going on here, it was a little warmer today. We were a little worried that Dottie might be cold, but she didn’t need her coat. We’ll keep it in the car just in case though. It belonged to her brother and we always laughed that he was a Sheep(dog) in sheep’s clothing.

Colin has an appt at the Dermo tomorrow, he’s got a ‘thing’ on his forehead so just going to get it checked out. It means an early start, as it’s up in London.

Other than that, just the usual excitements, cooking, cleaning and laundry :lol:

Hope all the NIRDIs are well :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry you have Hashimoto's. But it's always better to know I think. Hopefully you get good advice (actually there are GREAT docs in NYC).. my heart to yours, I know thyroid conditions really plague and people really need meds to stay on an even keel.

I can't wait to get to the city, I think my niece will meet me and we will take the train to my nephew's. She is super excited to see me and me her.. my nephew's wife sounded chipper too! I miss my sister, she should be doing all this. I look forward to chatting away with you. My niece was to go to the Morgan on Tuesday to see the Frankenstein exhibit.. I will send you a msg so we can get a plan together. I'm leaving Wed a.m. I have to get back here to get ready for the BIG VISIT from my kids etc. I'm excited about everything coming up!

Happy birthday to you MOM!!! how wonderful..

did I tell you I though Greg's watch was the bomb? if I didn't, it is! gorgeous. And you did pilates? I so admire you.. Is this your niece? she is adorable.. kids you gotta love em!

Hi @junebug17 BEACH TIME! wish I was, but it's cold here, no beach time.. rain time here! hope you are well. Great that you found a good gym. I should be more honest June, my sports doc THINKS it's torn, the tests they give you showed it's possible, but till the MRI I won't know for sure. But in 3 years my arthritis has ruined this shoulder.. Having the MRI the week after next. Thank you very much for asking and your concern - everyone's concern I always say, I am lucky and meeting the NIRDI's is just another luck on my part. Thank you!

@Austina Hello! I am so glad to read you enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody.. I look forward to seeing it ... Dottie is beautiful.. I love dogs/cats/all animals. Pilates? I sooo admire you. And yes I am getting excited about my trip.. have you seen Venice? eeekkk! I don't like Venice on a good day but man the flooding is horrid, sad to see. How's the gate saga going? I know we will meet in Atown, maybe next spring.. hope so, we can go to Chuy's.. !!!!

@marcy HI! did you get snow today? I hope not.. we are dreary, dark and wet chilly here in Maine.. Hope you are well. No snow no snow!

@PierreBear Hola!!! Hope you are well. I know about catching up since it happens to all of us. PB I don't know how the heck I tore the thing, not 100% sure I did, all will be revealed after the MRI. Thank you for asking. :)

So ladies - Happy Halloween to you all..

10682176_10152315830581426_480129267953788246_o.jpg
my son when he was 10 with our dog Daisy on Halloween many moons ago.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Halloween!

Missy, that perfect solitaire is out there waiting for you to find it. Would you consider having a custom made band even thought it’s not vintage? i am sorry to hear about your doctor’s appointment. Good luck with your endocrinologist. Glad you are enjoying beautiful weather. Happy Birthday to your Mom! How fun she is a Halloween baby; she always got candy on her birthday. Your niece look cute.

Junebug, it sounds like Zoe is enjoying life. Thank you for your kind words about my rings and diamond. Our skies are generally pretty clear here which probably helps the vibrant colors. I made a collage of 16 of my favorite sunrises and am using it as my wallpaper at work. It sounds like you had a great time visiting with some friends. Nice. Joining the gym sounds like a great idea; you’ll enjoy that.

Austina, I totally get the hesitation to voice your opinion; I often tell people if you don’t want an honest answer, don’t ask me a question. i don’t know when our mattress will show up; probably when Marty is gone. I am glad you enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody’ sounds fun. Dottie looks great all spiffed up. I hope Colin’s appointment goes well.

Kate, you have a full dance card with a lot of fun coming up. Sweet. We didn’t get snow here; just in the mountains. Love the picture of your son and Daisy.

We went to supper with some friends last night. It was fun but got home late. Work was busy today and I sat with some guys from corporate today on our limited display options on our laptops. The guy who I've butted heads with for years thinks we should all just bring home big monitors and display the laptop on them. It's just a bigger mess that way.

We had window food tonight. Marty gets a chicken, bacon salad and I had a pot roast sandwich. Not bad for fast food.

We were checking out the specs on the newly released iPad Pro last night and I told Marty he should order it; so he did today. I definitely think I should get my necklace too.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is the pendant I am eyeballing: The sapphire is about a carat with little diamond accents
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 7.35.43 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy day after Halloween!

Hello @Austina good luck to Colin today. Hope it is nothing to be concerned about. It's warmer here too and is going to hit 70 degrees F today. Cannot believe it's almost November. Please let us know how Colin's appointment goes. Thinking good thoughts for him.

@Tekate I just messaged you back. I am so looking forward to your visit but visiting with your family comes first of course but I will see if I can perhaps meet you when you see the Frankenstein exhibit...I will do my best and know that I really would love to see you. Even if it doesn't work out this time I have no doubt we will meet eventually. Of that I am confident. (((Hugs))). I love that precious photo of your son and your pup. So sweet!

@marcy glad you enjoyed dinner out with friends last night. I am not sure what you mean when you write about bringing big monitors home. Greg has 2 big computer monitors at both homes so he can work from home effectively and we also have his work phone at both homes too so when it rings in the office it rings in the homes as well so he is never too far away from work and that comes in handy when we want to do things at home and he still has to be at work. Anyway hope that the work thing gets sorted out. Very pretty necklace that you are eyeballing. But is that a window in the sapphire? Or just a reflection. I don't love the "professional' doctored photos and I know you are a gem expert (and a gem of a girl too!) so I am sure you will get a lovely bluelicious necklace and cannot wait to see it. And yes to the new iPad Pro. Please let me know what you guys think of it. I am ready to order a new iPad as mine is not running well and maybe I need to get the iPad Pro. Keep me posted. Thanks.

Hi @canuk-gal just want to say hey and say hope everyone is well and that your week is going smoothly.

Hello @Sandeek just checking in with you and hope you are having a good week and feeling well.

Leaving you with a photo from the festivities last night sent to me by my sister. A grand time was had by all.:sun:

halloween2018.jpg

I made a bling purchase that will take about 5 weeks to make...don't get too excited though as it is a fabulous faux...will share with you when it arrives. Thanks to @LLJsmom for encouraging the purchase...I think.:lol:
Have a wonderful and not scary or spooky at all day! (((Hugs))).:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results