shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a short but good bike ride today--high of 18C! Finally the weather we should be having! Most of the snow is gone thank goodness, but a bit of ice on the pathway where I almost wiped out! I was thinking I could have been Missy.

OMG and LOL and thank goodness you didn't pull a missy @canuk-gal! And so pleased for you that you got to enjoy a sweet ride today. Nice!
Hope your dh feels better soon.
Gorgeous photo.:love:

@Austina I did Pilates today too. I expect to be in pain by tomorrow lol as it's been a few weeks.
What is in cottage pie?

@PierreBear the shutters are real. It's funny how different styles are popular in different regions. My favorite house type is Mid Century Modern followed by Craftsman.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far...just got back from my visiting my girlfriend M. It was lovely seeing her as it has been a few months with such a hectic summer and being at the beach mainly all summer.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got in from the airport after uneventful travel and of course had to check in with the NIRDIs first thing.
Tekate!!!! That is over the top exciting. I am SO happy for you!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, there is a point where we do just have more than enough clothes. I do honestly need a few more pair of pants to wear to work though. Really. Not purchasing diamonds or sapphires is a lot harder to resist. That’s our story and we are sticking to it. Glad to hear no one was hurt in that accident and ouch to a Maserati getting crunched. I am sure the pickup didn’t have much damage at all. You have some fun and busy times ahead with assorted visits. Nice. I am sending mega dust for Francesca’s test. Your BIL’s Halloween decoration is fabulous. glad too hear you had a nice time visiting your friend.

PierreBear, glad to hear the water is being caught and isn’t stressing you out too much. Woo hoo and congratulations about your cousin being pregnant. How nice your coworker brought you a piece of cake. I had some chocolate chip cookies for dessert tonight. That is great you were able to return the Fire and to hear the Samsung works well. I hope your Grandma likes it. 5 stone rings are generally pretty solid; that is why I like them so much. It is kind of funny that I generally like thin bands on rings but every ring I have that is solid tends to be the rings I wear the most. A thicker band will make my diamond look smaller too. His shoulder does still bother him sometimes but not as much.

Austina, I love your suggestion of using cayenne to deter raccoons. My sister lives in the country on a farm and used to grow a vegetable garden. She could write a book on her battles and the assorted deterrents she tried to outwit the raccoons. She finally gave up. What is a cottage pie? I did scrap some of the ice off the walk up to my porch; that will all be gone tomorrow then I’ll work on the porch.

Kate, woo hoo to your exciting news. How fun you’ll be a grandmother and you’ll have so much fun spoiling that sweet baby girl.

Sharon, beautiful picture and yes I do see the white Rockies in the distance. I see them from here too. I am so glad you didn’t wipe out on the ice.

Jimmianne, welcome back! I am delighted to hear your trip was uneventful. Those are the best kind. Take it easy and rest up for a few days.

Not much going on today. I did wear my pink sapphire earrings today; I haven’t dug them out for a few weeks. I am already looking forward to having Thursday off. This week seems to be dragging at work. Must be since Marty isn’t here to pick on.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate just wanted to say again how thrilled and happy and excited I am for you and your family.:appl: I can only imagine all the joy you are feeling right now and long may that continue. You deserve all the happiness in the world. (((Hugs))).

pregnancy31.gif

yayy.gif

@PierreBear forgot to say congrats on your cousin being pregnant and how wonderful she is like a sister to you. So happy for you guys.:appl:How is work going? Is the stress level decreasing? Thinking of you and hoping all is improving. (((Hugs))).
Oh and yes I quite agree about the older generation and technology but know full well that I absolutely include myself in that "older" generation definition. Believe me, technology and I do not mix well. I seem to have this technology repellant field around me. An anti technology aura if you will.:oops2: :lol:
Sure I am laughing now but when technology acts up for me I am not laughing.::)

@Austina thanks for the additional tips on how to deter those piggish raccoons. Greg has been researching this issue and he read that bright light helps deter raccoons though we have tried that in the past and those raccoons are quite bold and didn't seem bothered. We are going to get even brighter motion lights and see if that helps. It will scare the kitties but they will come back during the day if they are deterred by the bright lights. Raccoons don't usually show themselves during the day. Here's hoping that works. As for the cayenne pepper that would also be deleterious to the feral kitties but it was a good suggestion and we appreciate any suggestions so please keep them coming. We need all the help we can get regarding the clever and determined raccoons.:pray:

How did the cottage pie turn out?
What are your plans today?

@marcy yay for wearing your pinkalicious sapphire earrings yesterday. Sorry your work week is dragging and that Marty is not there to keep you company and take your mind off things. Haha you can pick on him even more when he returns home and perhaps start scheming now on how to bother him :cheeky:. I see teddy bears somehow being involved.:whistle: Woohoo to Thursday off...that's tomorrow and will be here soon! Hope today goes fast for you and smoothly too. Are you bling shopping tomorrow? Yes I agree there is a point where enough is enough...with clothes as you write, not bling of course.:lol:
Thanks for the good wishes for Francesca. She says you are puurrrrrrrfectly sweet and lovely.:kiss2:

@Jimmianne welcome back home! Well, welcome back to your first home. You now have 2 homes. Both wonderful in their own way.
How are your animals doing? I know they missed you lots!

cute-welcome-home-gif-555.gif

@Sandeek hope you are doing well! How is work going? I know the kids must love you how could they not. Hope you are feeling strong and that in the coming months all these health complications and issues will be resolved. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal hope your weather is continuing to be mild and that you get to enjoy more cycling. How is your dh feeling today? Sending him healing vibes.

I am feeling (just) a little sad right now :(( The ring I ordered was supposed to arrive today but when I track it USPS says label created but it is still waiting for its arrival to the USPS office to be shipped. I know the seller sent it out Monday so that means either a. USPS never scanned it when they shipped it or b. it was lost/stolen. I am not worried about the money as I am insured and we paid via PayPal and Amex so we are protected. But I really wanted the ring and now I am not sure I will be getting it. It is sort of a unicorn purchase so hoping it arrives.

As I wrote yesterday I had a lovely visit with my friend M yesterday afternoon. She is going back on a southwest road trip this coming June and that sounds like so much fun and then back to Spain I think next autumn but now I am not sure I am remembering that correctly. She showed me all her latest artwork. She works in many mediums. Oil painting, drawing and something called monograph work (not sure I got that correct) and also now some type of etching in wood. I am so happy for her because she is loving every moment of it and really engaged in her art and also talented to boot. Though she is super modest. I think she is amazing.

OK that's it for me for now girls. Have a wonderful day and hugs to all of you.

Leaving you with a photo of Greg and me in the City Hall Chapel (built in the 60s) where we eloped and first got married. My friend M was our witness and took our only wedding pics of our elopement. Yesterday before I visited her I came across the photos she gave us from that time. I love going down memory lane. So much fun. Hope you enjoy.

kissingelopment.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I so agree, the days fly by - before I know it it's dinnertime and the day is pretty much over! And yes, I really dislike it getting dark so early, ugh. :cry2: It's good that nobody was hurt in the accident. It's great that you have some upcoming visits planned, always nice to have something to look forward to. Love the pic of your bil's Halloween decoration, that is too cute! Ugh to your band being delayed. I love getting jewelry in the mail but at the same time the waiting is torturous! Good to hear you had a nice visit with your friend, always great to see a friend happy and doing well. Sending lots of love to HRH, sorry to hear she's still coughing but glad that she is in good spirits and is doing well otherwise. That is such a sweet pic of you and Greg on your wedding day!

@Jimmianne, welcome back! Glad your long trip went smoothly and I hope you are settling back in nicely.

@Tekate, that is wonderful news!!! I'm SO excited for you, you're gonna be a grandma!:appl: Also so nice to hear you're out with friends and enjoying yourself, yay!

PierreBear, glad to hear you're starting to feeli more energetic and confident about your upcoming triathalon. I can see how the training could wear you down. Your grandma will have such a good time seeing relatives on Facebook, my mother liked it a lot. She had cognitive issues from a stroke and couldn't operate a device but I would do it for her and she enjoyed seeing the pics. A great way to feel connected to everyone. Thanks for the info on the Amazon Fire, good to know. It's funny you mention Halloween decorations - dh and I were walking through the neighborhood and some of the houses looked so cute. I used to decorate when the kids were young but I don't do much these days, maybe a few pumpkins lol. And congralulations on your cousin's pregnancy! SO exciting and I'm happy for everyone!

@marcy, grrr to Marty not packing a survival bag, doesn't he know we know best lol? I hear you on indecision about jewelry - there's a ring I have my eye on and can't make up my mind about it. And part of me doesn't want to spend the money...but another part of me does ha! Nice that you have Thursday off and jewelry browsing sounds like a great way to spend it.

Sharon, so happy you're having some better weather! Enjoy the extra cycling - and I love that pic, you live in SUCH a beautiful place! :love: Be careful of the ice, I truly hate ice with all my heart, it's so dangerous and you can't even see it. :(2 Sending healing vibes to your dh, hope he's feeling better soon.

Austina, it really is amazing the difference that decorative changes make - his place looks so much better now. I'm so mad I didn't take before pictures, grr. Good for you for getting to Pilates! I am going through a period where I absolutely hate to exercise and have to really force myself to do it.

Not much going on, I might do a little shopping today...every year when it turns cooler I feel like I don't have any decent sweaters to wear so I might venture out to see what I can find. Or I might order some online haha!

Have a great day, love to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m with you @junebug58 I can’t say I enjoy exercising per se, but I do enjoy my hour of Pilates every week. You have to concentrate on your breathing, which feels counter intuitive, but it does mean everything else goes out of your mind. The other thing I like about it, is that you don’t get hot and sweaty :lol: Maybe you should give it a try, see if it suits you?

Glad you got home safely @Jimmianne I hope you’re not feeling too jet lagged and that everything was fine when you got back.

Woohoo @marcy, tomorrow off bling ogling :dance: Glad your pretty pinkies are getting an outing.

Cottage Pie is minced beef cooked with onions and spices, I add lots of vegetables to mine too, topped with mashed potatoes and put in the oven till the potato is all crispy. I top it with cheese too, perfect for these cold, dark nights :lickout:

You’ve been holding out on us @missy , spill about the band :lol:

I hope you can find a deterrent for the raccoons so they don’t gobble all the kitty food.

So glad you were able to catch up with your friend, she sounds very creative and talented to be proficient in so many mediums. I didn’t know you’d eloped either, how did that go down with the relatives?

Sounds like you’ll have lots going on in the coming weeks. I know you’re worried about Francesca’s upcoming appt., hopefully your sister will be able to get her well again.

Hey @PierreBear , hope your preparations are going well for the weekend.

It’s been a miserable drizzly day here, Dottie enjoyed chasing squirrels in the woods this morning, there were lots of the critters about :lol:

Big wave to all the NIRDIS :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! finally got back and am reading all the wonderful posts..

@PierreBear YOU and husband must be in great shape.. a Triathalon!!! Right now I'm on 4 weeks of doxycycline.. so far so good... thank you for asking! PB leaks are the worst.. they travel, they move, you think you find it.. I don't think I've ever owned a house that didn't eventually acquire a leak somewhere...

@Austina I hope your Dottie is good? Have you read or heard from DS about all the rain and flooding? did you see Lake Travis when you were in town? It's filled totally up! they are supposed to get rain all this week and next week! sheesh.. oh Cottage Pie, yum, here in the US as you probably know we often mix up cottage and shepherd's pie.. I could eat them both every day!

@marcy it's always hot in LA in my opinion but it's so much fun to visit! Thank you Marcy, I hope I'm a good grandmother.. my DIL has said "GENDER NEUTRAL CLOTHES" I understand that but I am going to try and at least get ONE pink filly beautiful outfit, or I can try..

@canuk-gal glad your weather is improving a bit and WOW what a gorgeous picture.. Sharon, glad your weather has improved a bit too.

@missy THANK YOU!!! we are excited and are considering thinking about getting something down in the Travis County Texas area.. not sure yet.. we will see how the adults manage a baby! they haven't bought a house yet.. :( they had mucho debt. Names today: Mia and Quinn, not sure if I love either, but I would if either was her name.. so exciting.. so happy for them as they had a miscarriage in June :( Your pictures are stupendous Missy, your jackets look very warm, you look HAPPY! it's always so uplifting to look at your and all of our pictures here..always brightens my life. :( so sorry about the ring, I can't wait to see it!! all my money is going on my new little one I will bet.. :) but I love looking.

@Jimmianne Welcome back!!! now we have countdowns, your daughter's wedding and my son's daughter! this is going to be a good year I hope! Do you have any jet lag?

@junebug17 Thank you Junie!!!!!! thank you so much. Hope you got a beautiful sweater.. I have more sweaters than I know what to do with BUT I always buy another, when it becomes chilly and fall I love wearing sweaters.

Okay everyone, if I missed something I do so apologize.. My 2 days with the HS friends was GREAT.. they are all happily ensconced back in CT! I'm going to make a pie tomorrow because John wants an apple pie and I love apple pie, if it work I will try to post a pix!

I thank you all for all of your kind words.. you guys all make me feel happy, isn't that a wonderful thing? I think so.. I so love being with people who see joy in kitties, dogs, people, their kids, their mom's, dad's aunt's, besties, I always say: LUCKY ME! lucky me to know you all.

Kate

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh forgot to say congrats to @Tekate ! Lubs babies!!!!

Gorgeous day today--21C and no wind. Had a lovely ride. Too bad my DH is sick with a cold but he did go around the block. Too nice to stay indoors.

Hope you are not too jet lagged JA. Hello to all NIRDIs!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

Missy, I did laugh at your comment that when technology acts up for you that you are not laughing. I think I get the most stressed and frustrated at that than any other thing. I have a regular outburst of vulgarities. I hope the lights work. My sister tried that and putting a radio out there; she read the radio would scare them off too. It didn’t save her garden. Darn that your ring isn’t shipped yet. What ring did you get? I’ve run in to that before with tracking notices; they must get scanned in to the system but not really shipped yet. I am anxious to see your new ring. How fun to hear about your friend M’s adventures. She sounds like she is enjoying life. Great picture of you and Greg when you eloped. What an exciting story.

Junebug, quite a few people decorate for Halloween around here. I decorated for Halloween, I dug out my stuffed Snoopy that is wearing a pumpkin. That’s about all I’m doing. Do tell about the ring you are considering buying. I swear I am always thinking of what I want next and then after that. I am so bad about that. Did you go shopping? I have so many sweaters right now I can’t get another one in my 2 drawers.

Hi LLJsmom. Any new jewelry in your future?

Austina, cottage pie sounds very similar to shepherd’s pie. It does sound great for a chilly night. I had never had that before and Marty made it one time. It was pretty good. Sounds like Dottie had a great time chasing the local varmints. Fun.

Kate, of course you have to buy that baby girl something pink and frilly. One of my sister had 2 girls and dressed them in nothing but ruffles and lace. You wouldn’t catch either of them in such girlie clothing now. Glad to hear you are doing okay with doxycycline. I did see all the flooding in Texas; it looks awful. My nieces are in the Houston area. Marty is not enjoying so many trips to LA but I am sure there is a lot to do there. That is awesome your HS friends are enjoying life. I hope everyone does. Mm apple pie. That sounds awesome. Definitely post pictures.

Sharon, that is great to hear your weather warmed up and you had a lovely ride. I hope your DH feels better.

I am baking a pan of brownies right now. My sister and BIL are coming to visit me tomorrow. We are going out to lunch and I said I’d have dessert ready for us. They smell so good I am going to ‘have” to try one to make sure they taste okay.

The cleaning lady is coming in the morning. I might run out and pick up groceries before she gets here. I have no idea how long my sister and BIL are going to stay; if my BIL wants to take a nap I bet I can get my sister to go look at rings with me.

Have a great day.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you kind NIRDIs.
I fell asleep at 4pm and woke up at midnight & am up for the « day » But hey, in my mind, it’s 6am and time for coffee & PS. LOL

Marcy, Have fun looking at rings! My gosh, girl, you have it all figured out...brownies and bling. Yes!

Sharon, happy gorgeous day. Indian summer??
Glad you are not having to get out the spiked boots just yet!

Tekate, I want some of what you are having. You sound so happy! Weddings are one thing, and I am so blessed that my DD’s almost 4 year relationship is coming to a happy official union, but babies...BABIES, that is the big reward. I’m so psyched for you. You will go from Great Kate to Grand Kate : )

Austina, happy...grey day?? Dottie has it right; no matter what the weather, chase squirrels.
I am missing being on your side of the pond. On the plane I sat with a couple who had just taken a river cruise down the Danube and there was not enough water, so they alternately floated and then had to take buses to the next deep water. Same problem with the Loire. It looks like a sandy beach instead of a river Are you experiencing low water levels?

Hey, Missy, thank you for the big welcome back! What a beautiful photo of you and Greg. I wish I had know you guys back then so I could have shared the joy from the beginning : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:GM girls! So my bling package is lost and I am not sure it will ever appear. It was a vintage skinny french cut eternity. Just exactly what I was looking for. The proverbial Unicorn really as they are almost impossible to find and it was a great price because it was missing one damond. It was exactly the right width and depth and just a tiny bit big ring size but it would have gone well with my Bubbalah and I could have easily stacked the french cut band too. I am not giving up hope but it seems to have disappeared. I know I will get my money back if it is gone but I want the band and not the money lol. Oh well worse things could happen and this is not a tragedy just a disappointment as there are no other french cut vintage bands around. I have done an exhaustive search. And especially at the sweet price the seller gave me for the band.

@junebug17 did you score any great sweaters yesterday shopping? I can no longer wear sweaters or anything heavy like that. It's lightweight all year round for me. LOL we are still sleeping with the AC on in 40 degree weather but to be fair it is warm in our Brooklyn apartment bedroom despite no heat being turned on. Story of my life. Either cold or hot. LOL. Any weekend plans coming up? Cannot believe it's Thursday already speaking of how time flies. Hope you are staying warm and cozy and enjoying a peaceful calm happy week.

@Tekate your news about the LO that is expected is the most exciting news and of course no bling could ever compare. I am super excited for you and cannot wait to hear more. When is she due? So sorry about their miscarriage in June. Praying this is a good and healthy pregnancy for all. (((Hugs))). And it is so lovely that you might get a home there to be close to them. Your kids are very fortunate you are so caring and want to be close. So glad you had a great reunion with your 2 HS friends! And YUMMMMY I LOVE apple pie and please do share pics of your apple pie. Autumn baking is the best. And even though I can no longer eat gluten I enjoy photos of food very much. Hahaha that sounds so sad but do not worry I am OK. Greg might experiment with gluten free baked goods but we will see. I don't want others to suffer just because I cannot enjoy yanno? Hope you are having a wonderful week!

@marcy I hear you and feel your pain. I also use vulgarities when dealing with technology frustration and yes I get very frustrated when things do not work. You might say that though y'all think I wouldn't I do curse like a sailor (however a sailor curses that is haha) when my internet is down or my phone or computer is not cooperating.:P2 :oops2: I cannot help it. The words just come right out of my mouth! Cannot wait to see your Halloween decorations. Please share with us when you have them out. I shared a snoopy cartoon just for you Marcy in the chocolate thread fyi. Love that Snoopy kid. Crazy pup that he is and oh Woodstock is so adorable.:love: Enjoy your day off! And woohoo for having a clean house today. Hope your cleaning lady does a wonderful job and enjoy your sister and BIL's visit and yummm to chocolate brownies.:lickout: And double yay to ring shopping. Tell your sister you need her to accompany you. I think it's more fun when you look at bling with loved ones don't you? Brownies and bling bellisima!

Speaking of which @LLJsmom so excited. Looking forward to catching up and yes to seeing bling. :appl:

@canuk-gal yes to having another lovely bike ride yesterday! That is sweet. Hope you get more opportunities to do more cycling. Our weather is very chilly here and though we are planning on heading to the beach tomorrow for a couple of days I do not think we will be able to cycle as right now high temps predicted in the 40s and rain on Saturday though temps warming up for that one day to the 50s back to the 40s on Sunday. We may not hit our 3500 mile mark this year but well you never know. We will see. How is your dh feeling today?

@Austina sorry your weather has been dreary and drizzly and hoping the sun comes out for you soon. Glad Dottie is enjoying herself despite the weather. Animals are so amazing. They do not let things like weather and such bother them. Our elopement did not go down well with my parents or sister but I explained that at length in the other thread. It felt right to us at the time but hindsight is always 20/20 and we still did the big wedding 3 months later so no harm no foul. I agree with you about exercise though I usually enjoy it as I am getting into it but I am always happy to be done haha. I love Pilates too and have resumed it after 2 and a half weeks off and I am feeling the pain. Not as bad as after I didnt do it for the whole summer and we first got back here since this time I only took about 18 days off but yes I am in some pain today after 2 days back on the Reformer. But no pain no gain right? Keep on moving is my motto. :bigsmile: That cottage pie sounds delicious minus the beef. Onions, spices and lots of veggies and add some sweet potatoes omg delicious. Cannot go wrong. :lickout:

Hey, Missy, thank you for the big welcome back! What a beautiful photo of you and Greg. I wish I had know you guys back then so I could have shared the joy from the beginning : )

Aww I wish that too @Jimmianne! I would have loved that and you and M could have both been our witnesses. Of course if I were to do it all over again I would invite my parents to our elopement. It just didn't work out that way at that time but I would do it with them if we could do it all over again.

So we have been back for 3 days now and I have accomplished exactly nothing. OMG this is ridiculous. How fast the days go when I am doing almost nothing. At least I caught up with M and also got some clothes altered thanks to my dh but technically that was all him and nothing I did but try on the clothes.:lol: Racking my brain what did I do these past few days? Oh right I got to workout and do Pilates. :cheeky: OK today I will vacuum. I am determined to do at least that. Because tomorrow back to the beach. Have a wonderful day girls!

Leaving you with 2 photos of some of my skinny stacking bands. I never wear them this way but took a photo opportunity while I was mourning the missing French cut band. My vintage blue sapphire band is a french cut band too though so I do have one french cut band. But I really want a skinny french cut diamond band that is less than 2mm in width and height and around a 6-6.5 if any of you are keen to search with me.:kiss:

Very very sunny! So glad the sun is sticking around as it helps lift my mood with the shorter colder days.
stackilicious.jpg

stackingbandsandtommy.jpg

OK one more photo. Bubbalah cannot be suppressed.:cheeky:
HRH photobombing me as usual. She is such a little diva. Love that sweet girl Francesca so much.:kiss2:

sapphireeternityfrancescaandbubbalah.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina[/USER] you are awesome. Thank you. I am psyched up about my boy's daughter! it's been quite the stress for them with a miscarriage and then they were informed this people probably had Downs syndrome. My son was so stressed about my DIL and her body as the miss was in June (she was about 9 weeks along then) and perhaps an abortion if they decided to go that way, all the second set of tests came back fine and no Downs, they were so elated. Favorite names for her with my son right now are: River, Margot, Quinn, Eden. My husband loves Margot, I favor River but I'm sure they will change their minds weekly! (maybe someday we can meet up and I will pass some of my juju your way)!

@marcy my new BESTIE! pass those brownies up here to Maine! I hope your sister and you have a great time together and your brother in law sleeps a lot.. Pie came out great and I will try to bring up a pix! can't wait to eat it!

@missy so so so sorry about the loss of the ring.. I hope it will show up it sounds beautiful... :( sending dust for a quick resolution. Bubbalah I swoon always when I see her.. her colors.. can't wait to meet her! and Missy doing nothing sometimes is doing something for our souls.. cold here so I bet it's chilly in Brooklyn.

@canuk-gal Hello Sharon!!!

@Jimmianne I always get so screwed up when I come back from long flights.. Glad you are getting some sleep.. and I love GRAND KATE! I think I am going to be Grandma.. or Nanny, not sure.. still wrapping my head around it..

Pie!!

pie2.jpg pie1.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Actually JA--I did have my spiked boots out! I walked to work that snowy morning. at the beginning of Oct..… Glad today was another warm one--had a nice bike ride and my DH, while sniffly, did join.

Had a rather lazy day otherwise but that is OK as I work tomorrow. Hello NIRDI's:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! :wavey:

Jimmianne, hopefully your day will start later and later each day until you get up with the sun. Our brownie sundaes were GREAT!!! I hope you will be blessed with grand babies in the future too. They would be awesome to love and spoil.

Missy, oh no about your french cut band. I love those things. I hope it shows up. Too funny you can cuss like a sailor. Sometimes it just lessons that frustration, right? i don’t cuss often so whenI blurt something out; it often shocks people. I’ll go hunt down that Snoopy comic and Woodstock is awesome too. Thanks! I’m totally betting a dollar that you’ll hit the 3500 mile mark this fall. Your stack of rings looks beautiful. How fun! If I find a size 6.5 french cut band I might just have to order it for myself. Of course you’d want platinum or WG and I’d want YG so we may be safe there. You deserve to relax for a few days and how nice your personal tailor altered your clothes for you. What a great guy!

Kate, okay that pie looks amazingly delicious!!!! I can smell it all the way out here. i am so sorry to hear about the stress and worry they went through before and that she had a miscarriage. All right - thanks for being my new BESTIE. Your brownie is on the way. I posted pictures of my chocolate cookies on FB one time with the caption “making me friends for decades”. People call my cc cookies death cookies - the reason being - I think I’m really funny so I used to put poison stickers on the baggies when I packed Marty’s lunch. Marty took a bag of my chocolate chip cookies to work one time and he passed them out at lunch. Naturally the bag was complete with my typical poison sticker so when his boss called them “Death cookies” it pretty much stuck. Almost anytime we do a pot luck at work or get invited to someone’s house they usually request I bring death cookies. Us Wyomingites are easily entertained.

Sharon, I am glad spiked boots for walking in the snow and ice. I have some of those you can strap on over your shoes I hope you enjoyed your lazy day.

I got up at my usual time and decided to go grocery shopping. Bad idea! On the way home I thought I’ll go to the ATM and get some cash. I cruised through a 20 mph school zone at 31 mph. I honestly didn’t see the flashing lights or where the policeman came from but he gave me a ticket for $210. :wall: When he asked me if I knew why he stopped me, i said I am sorry but i don’t. I had no idea what speed I was going and I thought school zones were already past for the morning. WRONG!!! My trip to and from work doesn’t go through any school zones. This particular school isn’t obvious either. It’s between commercial buildings and recessed from the road. There is a huge fence around it to the street but you have to be on top of it and look to the right to see the school. The school zone is for the cross walk to get to the school across a busy street. When I see a school a slow down but this one never registers with me. I bet I won’t forget it now. Phooey. I did tell Marty “I win” to which is wondered what I was talking about so then I told him my ticket was for more than his.

My BIL went shopping and my sister and I met him for lunch. We got my car washed while I was out, I did get my cash and have stayed home ever since. I decided today was expensive enough already. No ring shopping for me.

Take care.
Marcy aka Speedy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy traffic tickets suck. My DH is a magnet to them.:confused2:

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, I'm sorry sbout your band and I hope you get lucky and it shows up soon. I ended up not going shopping - got caught up in a few things and then it was just too late to go out. I empathize with not getting things done - I could get a lot more accomplished than I do but it's hard to get going these days. Love your stacking bands, they are all really pretty :love: And Tommy and Francesca are added bonuses :love:

@Austina, thanks for the input - I do exercise dvds with Pilates included in them, and when I'm in SC I take a class. And yes, at least it doesn't make you sweat! I'm just in an exercise slump in general right now and not feeling very motivated. I hope the skies clear up for you soon. At least Dottie is having fun ha! Your Shepard's pie sounds SO good.

Sharon, yay for nice weather and bike rides! Good for you for having a lazy day, you work hard and it's good to rest up.

Jimmianne, hmm, sounds like you're just a little off schedule lol! Hope you get back on track soon. I know jet lag is no fun.

Tekate, your son and dil have been through a lot, and I'm so glad that things are going well for them now. It is just so wonderful that you are going to be a grandma. I like the name Margot. You're right, I'm sure there will be some changes along the way! That pie looks amazing! I'll bet it tastes even better, yum.

Marcy, oh no to a ticket! That definitely stinks. The worst part is it's put a temporary hold on your bling budget. Notice I said temporary :kiss2: I hope you still had a nice time getting together with your sister and bil. Lol to death cookies, love it! I've been thinking about a ring I saw on Etsy, I started a thread on it in Vintage jewelry. I think I'm going to pass on it though, just not feeling it right now.

Nothing too exciting here (what a surprise lol) - a landscaper came over to do an estimate for some trees and bushes. I think I've mentioned that a landscaper lives behind us and our yard backs up to his, with a lovely view of all his equipement, shed, cars, and assorted junk. We're going to put in some evergreens to act as a fence. The company also does patios, which we don't have right now, so we're getting an estimate for that too.

I'm going to my friend's house tomorrow and staying overnight. We'll probably just hang out, watch movies, and play with her dog, which sounds good to me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, tell your DH I feel like I draw tickets too, of course I didn't pick a car that is inconspicuous.

Junebug, I will go look for your thread on the ring. I did enjoy my company today and I'm only slightly upset with myself over the ticket. Of all the times I could have been seriously busted; this one was pretty stupid. I wasn't paying attention and missed blinking lights. I told my sister I should have tried obnoxious answers or excuses like it must have been in my bad eye or I thought you were stopping me to tell me I won 100 dollars. Probably best I didn't try that. Great idea for getting a natural way to block out the view of your neighbors yard. Have a great time with your friend tomorrow.

Obviously Marty is upset with me. Here is what he posted on FB:

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.54.03 PM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Marcy.
Good for you for winning!
So...this Dude is bragging that you beat him in the More Expensive Ticket Game???
That probably means he likes you and wants to pay your ticket for you.

June, here’s to low key excitement. We are untidy neighbor twins; mine is a landscaper
too. We were fine until he cut down the tree buffer. It will be interesting to learn what kind of buffer you plant, and yay to a new patio! How great that you have sleepovers with your friends. That sounds like so much fun.

Missy, save travels to your home for your new band!!

Woke up at 2 this morning for the day, so it is getting a little better, but for a few moments I thought I was in my bedroom in France and in the dark could not figure out what the tall skinny things were at the end of the bed (they were the good ol’ NC bed posts).
Jetlag can be entertaining LOL

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

Happy Friday, it’s almost the weekend :dance:

Ah phooey @marcy, :(2 what an expensive shopping trip with nothing to show for it. I hope you enjoyed your meal out with your sis & BIL. At least Marty didn’t give you a hard time about the ticket. I sometimes wonder if having a distinctive car makes you more of a target.

When Adam first lived in Texas, he was stopped by a state trooper for speeding on the way back from Houston, he saw him too late. He was actually on the other side of the road, turned round to stop him. He threatened to take him to jail for the weekend :shock: He said in addition to speeding, he was driving without a proper licence. This wasn’t true, as you have a years grace to get a US licence. Anyway, Adam did the right thing, saying yes sir, no sir, and he gave him a ticket and let him go.

Argh @Jimmianne jetlag is a bummer. I always have it worse travelling west, I’ve only had one sleepless night since returning home. I hope your body clock resets soon so you can get back to normal.

If I didn’t go to a class @junebug17 I’d always find excuses not to exercise. Are there any classes near you at home? It’s really hard to get motivated if you don’t have to be somewhere at a specific time. Would having another dog fit into your lifestyle now, we have to go out everyday, and I do prefer walking and just being out in the fresh air?

Good luck with the landscapers, I hope they come up with a plan you like.

Quite a change in temperature for you @canuk-gal , I hope it stays that way. Good you can still get out and enjoy riding. Hope DH gets over his cold quickly.

Everything crossed for a healthy and successful pregnancy for your son& DIL @Tekate . It’s hard dealing with a miscarriage, even when you know the statistics, when it’s you, it’s no comfort. Margot is considered a very posh name here! Don’t worry about me, I’m far too young to be a granny :whistle: We’re old fashioned too, and would prefer Adam & Kim to be married before having children (if that’s what they want).

I hope your band turns up @missy , how annoying that it’s AWOL. I keep thinking maybe I’d like a skinny diamond band, but when I try on different bands, I think Bella looks best with the plain plat band :D

Greg is an absolute wonder, if there anything that man can’t do! :mrgreen2: I wouldn’t let Colin loose on any of my clothes :lol:

Safe travels back to ththe beach today, and fingers crossed your weather holds and you reach your 3500 goal - if it, enjoy the calm and scenery.

Our weather has changed again, it’s lovely and sunny, but the crisp autumn weather we should be having :dance:

No plans for weekend for us.

Have a great day lovely ladies :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I’ll be back later as we’re in the car heading to beach with all 4 kitties meowing and talking at once :lol: and I can’t even hear myself think let alone post a long response lol. But have to share this early morning photo with you. Omg omg omg :o and :lol-2:

621EE4A6-6C2E-4C0B-831A-F606B2E127C3.jpeg

Caught! Raccoon red handed. :cheeky: That face. How can I be mad at that precious sweet (albeit thieving) raccoon?

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday to all but I’m feeling a bit full of angst. With our water issue severity, we are thinking the worst-case scenario is replacing the roof and the siding. We are still collecting information and will reach out to insurance, however, does anyone have any guidance to share on when it makes sense to file an insurance claim or not? It’s a hard one as you don’t know what will be covered until you file a claim and our roof and siding might “look” ok but clearly there is an issue somewhere.

Other than those things, going to travel to the race this weekend. Will be studying for my baking midterm next week. haha… at least this one is just a written exam. I can deal with written exam but it’s the “baking projects” that are more challenging to me. We have to create our own bread recipe. I think I narrowed it down to trying a matcha braided bread… a twist (ha! Pun intended) on the braided Challah breads that I thought were so amazing. Ok NIRDI ladies, may ya’ll have a wonderful weekend full of great health, blessings, and joy.

@Tekate – Glad you had a fun time with HS friends. Yummm on the apple pie. You are talented and love that rustic look! Also, congrats on the upcoming baby to hold and love and cherish!

@marcy – Enjoy the upcoming visit with your sister and BIL.

@missy – Love the skinny bands on your slender fingers. I too love French cut diamonds!

@junebug17 – Aiayaya… I hear you when you talk about neighbor’s yard and backyard not being the most appealing thing to look at. One of our neighbors has left their car that no longer works for almost a year now… everytime I hear that NPR car donation program I’m so tempted to give them a call. Hahaha… Patio would be so fun. Please share some designs you are considering! Enjoy time with your friend!

@Austina – Hello to you, Bella, Colin, and Dottie. One beautiful and happy family!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's a lovely day here today and hope it is beautiful where you are too!

@junebug17 hope you are having a fun Caturday Saturday and a wonderful weekend. Today is autumn and tomorrow will be winter by us so hold tight and enjoy the weather today! Hugs to you and sweet Zoe. Hope you are having a nice visit with your girlfriend and had a good overnight. That sounds like so much fun with the right girlfriend. Hanging out and watching movies and playing with her sweet dog sounds like a perfect way to spend time. Enjoy!
And boo to your landscaper for allowing all his ugly equipment to be in plain sight of his neighbors. Not very neighborly at all IMO and ironic also. Hope your solution works like a charm so you do not have to look at that stuff any more.

@Tekate OMG that apple pie looks scrumptious! Thank you for sharing with us.:lickout: You are going to make the best grandma. I love the name Margot and Quinn but of course our opinions don't matter :lol:. But since we are on the topic of names my two favorite boy names are Ben and Sam. Just saying.:whistle: Feel free to share with them if you want.:cheeky: Wishing your son and DIL a smooth and easy and healthy pregnancy!

@marcy Boo to getting a speeding ticket. Darn officers. Can't they fight real crime and leave our speedy alone. Aww I am sorry! I got a speeding ticket once when I was driving from my Park Slope apartment to West Point (I did that part time for a few years after my residency as they begged me to stay on but the commute was beastly). I was driving over 30 miles per hour over the speed limit (so like 85 mph if memory serves me correctly) and a state trooper stopped me and wow I felt so embarrassed. My first and only ticket. Felt like a criminal though he was very nice. I was like 24 years old or something. I didn't argue or anything as I was mortified and clearly in the wrong. Anyway that was my last ticket ever. I did get stopped again years later for going through a red light in a bad neighborhood at night by 2 police officers (they travel in pairs there because it is a bad area) but I admitted it right away and said I was sorry and they said OK drive safely home and let me go without a ticket woohoo. Anyway I don't drive much anymore and I am sorry you got an expensive ticket sweetie but glad you are safe and that is all that matters. Now you have to replenish the bling fund. Get a lottery ticket since no one won last night's lottery. In fact I have to figure out where we can get one in NJ since I think there is another drawing tonight...or did I get that wrong? I can just see Greg not being very excited to search for a lottery ticket today after our planned long bike ride. Have a good Caturday Saturday sweet Marcy!

@Jimmianne well I am jet lagged today too though I did not travel out of our time zone. Woke up at 2AM and was up for the rest of the night and it is morning now. OH well. Just stayed in bed from 2AM (trying to fall back asleep) till 5AM when we both got out of bed. Crazy. HRH and I were snuggled up so sweetly I couldn't bear to move out of bed and disturb her. We were intertwined. I love her so freaking much. Hope you had a good night's sleep and that you are fully recovered from your jet lag. Hugs.

@Austina yay for good weather having returned to you! And if you lived here we could exercise together every day. You wouldn't need a class with me around. I can be (just ask Greg haha) quite the drill sergeant when it comes to working out. I am self motivated and will motivate you too so come on over! Have you tried a single cut diamond band with Bella? Modern diamonds do not look good with her but a skinny vintage single cut band could add just the right pizzazz to the overall look. Check out the stack of the day thread or just all the photos I am always posting here lol. I think a vintage single cut diamond band adds just the right sparkle to our OECs.

@PierreBear aww honey I am sorry. I hope you can get to the bottom of the leak and get it fixed and that if you need a new roof you can do it easily and efficiently and that it will more than pay for itself in the long run. Good luck in the race and good luck with your baking midterms next week. If you remember pics of the baked goods that would be awesome. It's the only baked goods I get to enjoy these days. Photos. :P2 Thanks for the finger compliment but with my long slender fingers are my fat swelling knuckles.:knockout: Your hands are gorgeous however. You could be a hand model...just saying.

@Sandeek thinking of you and hoping all is going well and you are feeling strong and healthy and good. (((HUGS))).

Have a wonderful day girls. Off cycling. But will leave you with a photo of our ride yesterday. A beautiful clear crisp autumn day by the ocean. We got to meet up with Butch and ride some with him. Today we are meeting up with our new friend J (the one I want to fix up with my younger girlfriend Maria but she is being a bit shy right now so we will see what happens...wish J was older because I would have a NIRDI in mind to fix him up with if he was just a bit older and geographically closer more importantly lol). Love you girls!

greginasburyparkoct2018.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and forgot to say we are going to (most probably) hit 3500 miles today by the way. Fingers crossed woohoo!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDI's.

Today I am going to a PS meet up at MrsB's in MA. I am clueless besides Mrs B who will be there. I think Jon and his son David will be there, I think Jonathan and his wife were going on a fall scenic tree tour and it all worked out that they were all able to attend this!

So I plan to get pix and I am going to wear my (of course) 3 stone ACA/ES trellis, my engagement ring 1.61 I color AGS2 solitaire in plat with a few baguettes, a cocktail ring I have from years back with baguettes and little round diamonds, an old wedding band (crappy princess cuts in a palladium setting diamonds set invisibly) and I have a old topaz necklace with crappy diamonds on a chain 14K gold that I had given my mom back in the 70s that is my good luck necklace (I have an aquamarine ring ((I mean SMALL aquamarine)) with a small diamond halo that I bought as my celebration divorce ring back in 85, 1) the ring is too small 2) it's missing one chip and I've never gotten any of it fixed, but I bought the necklace to match it!).. so that is what I"m wearing, but I can't wait to see MrsBs stuff! hopefully I can get pix and put them up here if MrsB doesn't mind!

@missy your miles are an unbelievable milestone and an awesome accomplishment so proud to know you! I'm gonna be arriving in the city the day of the NYC marathon.. lol that should be interesting, my niece says that the marathon goes right by my nephews townhouse and that we can sit by the window and eat doughnuts!! I thought that was grand! (((MISSY)))

@marcy sorry about the ticket, been there done THAT... I got a great story about my last ticket remind me to tell it, don't want to bore people too much. DH seems like he's glad you beat him in the ticket dept :)

@Jimmianne I hate jetlag.. one time after a trip back from Australia it took me 3 weeks and I felt a zombie.. we were stuck in LA for 2 days due to snow, so I dunno if that caused such a problem but man it was the worst. sending good vibes your way..

@PierreBear leaks suck.. I swear they become so convoluted it takes a really good technician to really get to the bottom of them.. sending you a hug girl..

@Austina nice your weather is turning a bit warmer. Today we are going to be in the low 60s but tomorrow freeze comes!

I gotta get some pix of of our plan to block our neighbors back yard from ours.. we bought this house and there were no houses on either side of us but of course as soon as we move in the great build of southern maine started.. this couple, adorable, 2 little ones (girls) are very nice sorta.. the hubster likes country music or 80s rock (if one dare to say 80s and rock together, I don't) LOUD LOUD and LOUDER one day John had to go next door and tell them to please turn the music down, that was the start of the cold freeze from them :) of course their house is like 4800 square feet a HUGE (to me) monolith, and ours is a little itty bitty 2400sq ft. I don't mind that really because it does help my sale price a bit when we sell, but the guy thought is property line was closer to our house, my husband knew it wasn't as he walked the line when we bought this house with the surveyor, so we got the line staked and their drive ALMOST is on our side.. no word from the guy next door.. but our plan is to put trees and bushes so we don't see their backyard, swing set etc.. we hoped THEY would do this as they don't like our Salley dog because the mom is a nurse and has seen "too many dog bites and scars" in her career. I get that. gawd I go on.. sorry.. so we are going to start this fall maybe if the landscaper can fit us in..

so off to walk Salley dog..

I wish everyone a wonderful, happy, peaceful weekend!
bb with pix I hope!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, at least Marty and I can laugh about my ticket. It was ROUGH driving the speed limit yesterday. You are making progress adjusting to local time. That would be strange to wake up and try to figure out where you are. Good luck with that.

Austina, i did enjoy my sister and BIL’s visit. I agree with you; certain vehicles do attract extra attention from those people with radars. I am glad Adam wasn’t hauled off to jail when he got stopped. It’s always a good call to be very polite to an officer. I was, yes sir, no sir, I’m sorry, etc. Marty is always grumpy with them. We are having nice and sunny weather this weekend too. Oh no, what’s Mother Nature got in store for us?

Missy, the raccoon is cute all right. I hope you are out adding more miles on your tandem bike. It is awful to be stopped for anything. I am so glad you didn’t get a ticket for running that red light; in such a scary area. The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday. Mega dust to all of us for wining. Sorry to hear you are jet lagged too. You and Jimmiane need to get in a few good naps. Greg picture of Greg on your outing.

PierreBear, I am so sorry about your leak and water damage. I know I’ve seen recommendations on when not to file auto claims but not on home owners insurance. We’ve only ever used ours for replacing shingles on the roof. I hope you have a wonderful time at the race this weekend. Your bread recipe sounds like a great idea and LOL to “twist”. I enjoyed visiting with my sister and BIL.

Kate, ooh. Have fun at the PS GTG. It sounds like you are going to be wearing a lot of gorgeous jewelry. I hope you get pictures for us. I’ll look forward to your great story about getting a ticket. Marty and I tease each other a lot; if we add up total tickets Marty would still win. That stinks about how your neighbor acts. I hope the landscaping helps. Our last house we had great neighbors and the ones right by us here are really nice people.

Five pm finally rolled around yesterday; I was so excited. We had our astronomy meeting last night so I picked up window food for supper. A few of us go out afterwards for coffee, pie, breakfast, etc. I had a Belgium waffle but couldn't eat it all since I'd had supper. I enjoyed what I did eat though.
Marty met some friends at the gym to coach them and is working out in his gym downstairs now.
I am catching up on some DVR'd programs and working on laundry.
I was crushed to see my 11 quick picks for the Mega Millions didn't have the winning numbers; but I guess no one else did either. I'll have to pick up some more tickets before the next drawing. All of my bears are going to get ACA collars when I win.
i just paid my speeding ticket online and I am worried I'll be hearing from them again. The ticket says $210. The cite pay site has the ticket as $200. I guess if I get a notice in the mail I owe them $10; I'll have to pay that. The ticket that keeps on giving. Or maybe they'll arrest me and impound my car. Who knows?

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

I had a bear and rabbit to wait up for Marty the other night. They were fighting over $20 though.
IMG_3890.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if you remember the trillion yellow sapphires I bought for dangle earrings. They were treated or coated or something like that and changed color when my jeweler tried to mount d the first one. I see in CS that guy is going to prison. Here is what that thread said

“In a pre-indictment plea bargain made last year, Arnstein pleaded guilty to one count of Conspiracy to commit forgery, arising out of his creation and transmission of about a dozen phony court orders to Google so that Google would remove web pages with unflattering reviews or comments about NSC from its search results. 4-5 threads here on the PS Colored Stones forum were among the targets of those forged court orders.”

I never posted any complaints or reviews about the company but obviously what my jeweler told me about those sapphires happened to other people as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate enjoy the PS GTG and please share any and all photos.:love: Cannot wait to see photos of your gorgeous bling. It can hold its own.:love:
And yes that should be fun seeing the marathon pass right by your nephew/niece's home.
Thank you and yes we are so happy we made the goal. Yesterday was a blast.

@marcy oh no about your trillion sapphires. I do remember those but vaguely. Glad the guy is going to prison where he belongs. Glad you enjoyed the visit from your sister and BIL. Darn on not winning the mega millions. We didn't win either though we didn't check the ticket we bought yet. But we never even get one number let alone match more. That's why we play like once every 2 years. But you never know right...
Glad the astronomy meeting went well Fri night and yummmm to belgian waffles.:lickout:. Hope the speeding ticket saga ends here and you do not have any more issues with it.
Love the teddy bear pic. Your fur babies are so photogenic. Who won the fight over the $20? Don't leave us hanging :cheeky:

@Sandeek good morning! Hope your weekend is going well and you are enjoying it with loved ones and feeling good.

We had a wonderful ride yesterday and as predicted hit the 3500 mile mark and ended the ride at 3,530 miles. We rode with our friend the whole day and the weather was perfect. And of course since we were riding with our friend we had more photo ops than usual.8)

Today is crazy cold with 35 mph winds so no riding today. But that's OK. We have lots we have neglected to do since we have been so focused on riding so going to get some other much needed things accomplished (hopefully) today. Stay warm all!

missyandgregcyclingoctober2018.jpg.png

missygregandjohncyclingoctober2018.jpg.png

3530miles.jpg.png

and lastly our kissing selfie attempt. Not bad right? One and only attempt and it came out OK for a kissing selfie. :kiss::lol:

kissingselfie.jpg.png

Have a wonderful Sunday girls. Sunday Funday.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: You did it @missy - we knew you would :clap: I know you’d knock me into shape if we lived close by :lol: I really need to do something about my ever expanding waistline :eek2: I’m determined to be in better shape by my 60th next June! Please keep reminding me, I need the proverbial boot up the backside.

So glad the weather held out so you could reach your goal, we’re enjoying better weather, absolutely beautiful, bright sunny days, and about 16deg C, which is still warm enough to be wearing a long sleeved T.

Great photos as always, I have a selfie stick but haven’t used it yet :oops:

Hope you had a great time yesterday @Tekate - bling heaven to see all those other beautiful pieces. I expect your trilogy was much admired by the other bling babes :mrgreen:

Glad your astronomy meeting went well @marcy and :lickout: to going out after to eat. Wow, what a disappointment your sapphires turned out to be duds, sounds like the guy got his comeuppance for conning people.

Hope your weekend is going well @PierreBear and you haven’t found the competition too difficult. Fingers crossed you get the leak situation sorted without having to resort to drastic measures.

We haven’t ended up having a quiet weekend after all :lol: We had friends over for dinner last night, so I spent the day cooking and cleaning. Yesterday’s menu was pate, creamy garlic Tuscan chicken, served with, French beans, carrots, mini corns and broccoli, and crispy cubed potatoes, followed by trifle.

I hope all the NIRDIS are having a good weekend. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I read an article about the lotto and I guess both Power Ball and Mega Millions added more numbers a few years ago so winning tickets are fewer and farther between. Interesting. I have 11 quick picks for Tuesday now. Ted won the battle for the $20. Ha! My fur babies do photograph well; they never seem to blink right when the shutter goes off. Woo hoo for reaching 3530 miles. That is way more than driving across the country. An Amazing Accomplishment!! Great pictures from your ride yesterday especially the kissing selfie.

Austina, I don’t remember exactly what my jeweler told me happened but he said he even went on their website to see if they have any info or instructions about mounting there stones and he couldn’t find anything. If they required special handling why wouldn’t the vendor include that information with loose stones? Oh well, they are now part of my prozac in a dish - a heart shaped crystal dish full of loose gemstones. You asked me if I’d missed my scattered diamonds in my Ering. I was catching them in the sunlight yesterday and yes I would miss them. Decisions, decisions. Your menu sounds great for dinner with your friends. It sounds fun.

I finished the book I’ve been reading. I got letters and Halloween cards written and mailed to our relatives and once again cleaned up our mail and to do stack on the dining room table. It’s good to go for the week now anyway.

We had roast beef, mashed potatoes and raw veggies for lunch today. I have enough mashed potatoes for supper tomorrow so i’ll heat up one of my frozen 1/2 steaks I brought home sometime with them. Easy supper. Today I’m making us a dish of strawberries and pineapple plus whatever else we find to graze on for supper.

Take care.
Speedy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results