carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, I have to admit asking me what I was cutting up with a knife was a very logical question. What a chore to test drive a car. I totally chuckled at “comedians”. I often say “everyone is a comedian; but not everyone is funny.” A Marcy original. Why is it so hard to buy anything there? The new house looks nice. Congratulations!

Missy, I don’t trust ultrasonic cleaners anymore. As Marty and a astrophysicist friend of mine both pointed out to me; put your finger in there for a few seconds. Do you want your diamond being shook that much? I ignored them but after getting some loose stones or some even falling out I threw it away. I totally like the Jewel Jet. I only dig it out once a month or so but I do notice a different. I generally soak my jewelry after wearing it in diluted windex or buy some of that pink jar jewelry cleaner. A bowl of filtered water with dawn detergent works well too. I hate gets little fuzz under the prongs because they always show up in pictures. i also don’t like canned air; they can leave a film. Sorry to rain on your parade but that’s what I’ve found anyway. Greg’s feral kitty shelter looks amazing. It’s going to have a 5 star rating. Great pictures of Elle and Bubbalah. How fun to meet up with Rainwood. Greg’s band reminds me of Marty’s band which is sadly put up for now. He wanted one of those silicone bands because of his lifting. You and Greg look like the handsome, cute couple you always are. Woo hoo for hitting 3200 big ones on your tandem. I am sorry to hear your left eyebrow started acting up again.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear another storm is moving in. I hope things clear up so you can travel for TG. Happy Thanksgiving!

Junebug, I hope my negative nelly doesn’t keep coming up with new ways to outdo herself. Then again I can always share those antics with you ladies. Like we often say; you can’t make this stuff up! I am glad you made it to SC safely. It is nice to get the cleaning done then relax.

Austina, I was using some gel polish for a while but it seemed to make my nails peel even more. I always notice your nails look great in all of your pictures. Scarlet sounds like a great color. I had probably 3 dozen bottles of polish when we moved; I pitched them all before moving. I try to keep myself under a dozen different colors now. Most are assorted shades of pinks or lavenders. Oh no to lots of rain there. Enjoy dinner with your friends. How fun to watch your friend’s wedding.

Tekate, so you got excused from the doctor for 3 months? Sweet. How could you not be thrilled with a 3 stone ACA? It must be a total sparkler! My jewels certainly are small by PS standards but I like them. I like all sizes, shapes and colors; luckily for my pocket book I like smaller or modest sized pieces. Sadly I always want more. Marty wants to get a Ford Raptor, the next time Ford has 0% financing I might tell him he can go look. That is what we have on his current F150. I asked for 0% on my Porsche; they looked at me like i had 3 heads. :lol:

We definitely got cold here today. Snow is moving in tomorrow. I ran some errands first thing today and went out for lunch. I had popcorn for supper. I think I’ll make homemade soup tomorrow for lunch and do my laundry. Today I mostly caught up on things that have been collecting on my DVR. I haven’t heard much from Marty. He didn’t get back to him hotel until after 11 last night but his coaching seminar is going well.

I did not make it out to any jewelry stores. That probably saved me some money. Marty’s heavy bar for lifting did show up and I was lucky enough to see the ups guy pull up so I asked him if he’d stick it in the garage for me. Before going to bed that day I checked our security cameras and noticed something on the porch only to find some stupid really heavy box by the door. It’s some big metal box to hold bars in. I tipped it over several times to get it in the house. Work smarter not harder, eh?

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying some sunny warm beach time with your sweet hubby. It's so nice to have a home away from home.

@Tekate hello dear girl. Wonderful news about not having to see the doctor for 3 whole months...woohoo! Yes! That restaurant in Portland sounds fab. And so yummy. You had me at mashed potatoes.:lickout: Love that you have sweet Central Park memories. Did you know that Central Park was the scene of our first date in the 90s? Greg and I had our first date in Central Park at dusk. LOL I either was crazy or trusted him immediately. Or both.:lol: Anyway good times good memories and a beautiful backdrop for sure. Caterland hahaha love it. Speaking of which the ferals are enjoying the new feeder. From a few minutes ago...our white kitty...

whitekittyinfeeder.jpg.png

and then Fresca and Tux...sun coming up so color photos now woohoo.

frescaandtux.jpg.png

frescaandtux.jpeg.png

It's a success.:appl:

Hope you had a nice trip to the market Kate with your sweet hubby. And LOL you are so NOT out of our league. We are all in the same boat. Admiring big bling and enjoying each other's delicious photos. I would love them all but yes we are content with what we have...the true measure of happiness and joy. Being happy and content with what one has vs always longing for something different/more etc. No big eyes here but no reason we cannot enjoy and share in each other's pretties. Win win.:appl:

@Austina what a lovely day you enjoyed and I love weddings too. Glad you had fun with your former colleague and that her wedding DVD was so beautiful and you got to share in her joy. Sweet. Sorry your weather is not cooperating and hoping today is a less wet day for you. Thanks for the lovely comments re the kitty feeder. Hoping this one lasts a decade. The weather here is often harsh but Greg built it to last longer than the last one. It took him a long time to build (in between our marathon bike rides this season haha) so fingers crossed the kitties get many years of use from this feeder.

@marcy thank you for sharing in our cycling excitement. We are now at 3,235 miles.:appl:

3235miles.jpg.png

Glad you caught the delivery men but sorry they missed a heavy box. But yes work smarter not harder as my dad always said. Great minds Marcy.
Ugh to snow moving in to your area today...hope it is small in amount and melts soon. As you know I enjoy popcorn as well and soup for today sounds yummy. Smart to get your errands out of the way before the snow messes up the streets. Sorry you didn't get to shop for jewelry but yay for saving money. More dinero for another day is what I say.:twisted2: Thank you for the jewelry cleaning tips and no worries about raining on my parade. I prefer to hear the truth and now I know not to order another Ultrasonic for Brooklyn. I will keep this one at the beach for occasional bling cleaning. I sure like how clean it got the earrings I put in it but truth be told I never clean my earrings so anything would have made a big difference with those haha. I also got some good tips in my cleaning thread. Tree Scientist was very helpful and recommends 90% alcohol to clean without streaking it so will try that as well. And thanks for the canned air tip. Maybe I will save my money with those and not get it...was planing on getting it at Costco if it was available at our Costco. Thanks for the info. Aww thank you for the compliments re our photo. Haha Greg's mom said that at our wedding. About us being a handsome couple. Yay for Marty's coaching seminar going well. Sweet.

@Sandeek hello there, just wanted to say hey and hope you are enjoying a good weekend. (((Hugs))).

During our cycling adventures yesterday we enjoyed the Asbury Zombie walk. So much fun. And of course enjoyed our next to last weekend of Days (non dairy for me) Ice Cream. Closing for the season next weekend sadly. Will share some Zombie photos in my next post so I don't lose everything if PS acts up. Sending this one now. Have a wonderful day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zombie walk in Asbury park yesterday. So much fun. Posting from my phone now for ease of sharing pics. Hope they come out OK. The kids there were so adorable.

BAB5BE32-96D8-489C-80C5-5AF9BA259F1F.jpeg

OMG look at that kid in the stroller. His face is priceless.
0DA7CACC-ABC1-4DD1-9257-8DEEEF783E52.jpeg

DB034539-4B26-4E87-A067-6D114D9EB98B.jpeg A824E4AB-955C-4C82-8ACE-F2664C2DDB26.jpeg 878DAAE5-5861-49A6-B6AB-4E0F9B564F67.jpeg F4272D5B-6CAB-437E-9857-3DBEAF358713.jpeg B7844193-D05C-4BF3-B84F-6AA0D9B641B4.jpeg 738B2CF5-E3A3-43CD-A2D7-593185EBC0AF.jpeg 003C3899-6AED-4A8C-A4B2-BCABF233B513.jpeg 01AF4CDA-762C-41B7-8745-ED063484C503.jpeg

Hope you enjoy the photos! Have a fun Sunday all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, Caterland is a success! The kitties love it. 3235 miles of peddle power. That is so awesome! What an impressive feat (or feet ha ha) for the summer. I made my popcorn too salty last night so I didn’t enjoy it as much; that’s okay I ate less of it. My soup was great today. Plus I have 4 lunches left from it. I was going to make cookies but decided a dish of ice cream was enough. I have heard that about alcohol for cleaning diamonds and jewelry. Ultrasonics do clean well and I used them for about 6 years before giving them up but just soaking them keeps my jewelry really clean. Stores usually ask me if I even wear my jewelry. The canned air leaving a film I know from working in a photo lab; we all had regular air hoses to blow dust off negatives and if the air compressor broke we’d dig out canned air and it just gets nasty especially towards the bottom of the can. Nice Zombie pictures; my senior manager always dresses up as a Zombie for Halloween.

I am definitely bored being cooped up since about noon yesterday. I did talk to my sister who likes to talk on the phone for 55 minutes. I was a good sister and called her. My soup hit the spot on this chilly day. I just finished watching Despicable Me; those Minions simply make me laugh. I did get all of my laundry done but didn’t get motivated enough to wash the sheets on our bed. They can wait until next weekend. Today is Marty’s birthday. I sent him a picture of some of the bears and rabbits with a balloon background.

So far it’s just wet and foggy hear but tonight they are predicting freezing drizzle. UGH. I hate ice.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thanksgiving to our dear @canuk-gal and all those who celebrate and happy Columbus Day too.

@marcy yummy to your soup being delicious. Perfect meal for a cold rainy dark day. Just like here today so please send some soup our way.:cheeky:
Sorry the popcorn was over salted. Interesting fact is I recently started using a combo of sea salt and Himalaya Salt to add to my popcorn which I previously left unsalted. My blood sodium levels were very low hence the reason to start salting but not with table salt (bad) but with sea salt (good minerals). And surprisingly I like it. Turns out it was the bad sodium I didn't care for all these years. The jury is still out however on if it adversely affects my blood pressure like "regular" salt does...

Glad you got to chat with your sister yesterday and sorry your day was a bit boring. I generally don't mind boring over too exciting and I know you kwim lol. As long as it isn't many days in a row of boring as in rainy gloomy stuck inside weather.

Thanks for all the helpful diamond cleaning tips. Who knew how complicated cleaning our pretties would be omg. I am fortunate to have your experience guiding me and thank you for that Marcy. Is Marty due home today? Wishing him a safe flight and hoping you are not dealing with ice today.

Speaking of inclement weather it is sort of misty and dark and windy here today so Greg asked for a cycling day off hahaha. OK OK. But we are so close to 3300 miles and I hope we have some decent cycling weather left before we have to return to Brooklyn in a week so we can reach that 3300 mile mark. You know I enjoy having my goals.:sun:

So probably going to run much needed errands today (must get Greg a birthday card as his birthday is tomorrow...I am a bad wife that I have no card yet::)) speaking of which Happy Belated Birthday to Mr Marty! Please let him know Greg and I wish him a very happy birthday week and year.
And then we are hopefully playing miniature golf later woohoo. It's been a while since we played and looking forward to it. Not many miniature golf places within a 50 mile radius here but fingers crossed the one that is near us is open today. Greg has been wanting to play and his wish is my command (for this at least lol).

@canuk-gal thinking of you today and hoping you enjoy a sweet Thanksgiving and of course hoping somehow you got to go home for the holiday but if not that you are enjoying a lovely day with your loved ones closer to home. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek hope you had a good weekend and are having a nice Monday. Thinking of you.

Hello @Tekate have a good week m'dear.

Hi to all the rest of the NIRDIs who are reading. Happy Monday.:wavey:

Leaving you with a photo of our dark sunrise this morning.

sunriseoct2018.jpg.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Happy Thanksgiving Sharon.. hope you are enjoying your day.. celebrate. Canada is such a great country.

@marcy okay Popcorn YUM.. butter better! :) I clean my ring with dawn and a teeny bit of ammonia and my ultrasonic cleaner, or just dawn and warm water and old soft toothbrush, but I am guilty of rarely cleaning my beloved ring.. I think ultrasonic cleans are known to shake loose teeny stones I don't have any with pave so I don't worry. My sister in law has a beautiful pave diamond band that has diamonds falling out all the time.. Hope you are well! We have never had a truck and never will - I did have a Ford Explorer that i liked but kids g

@missy tomorrow is my son's birthday he will be 27! good day 10/9! talk soon. not much new, rainy dreary today but by Wed we will be 81 degrees F.. geez louise. :lol-2: the cats are taken care of Missy and that is a wonderful wonderful thing you and Greg do..I am in awe as always.

@PierreBear our colors are just about over! they only last a week here in Maine, the place to go is Vermont, in Maine we have a lot of oak and we are known as the Pine Tree State for a reason, many pines, but Vermont has tons tons tons of maple, it's like a wonderland driving thru Vermont, I think the Berkshires in CT are sublime too. Catskills in NY.. this is my favorite time of the year!! So glad the piano sold!

@Sandeek when you get some time, I hope you will let me know what is happenng with you and how you feel?

@junebug17 what's the haps? hope you are enjoying the fall! how's your weather in SC?

@Jimmianne in keeping with the mood of the country :) (anger) when I was a young young girl, 23, I was hired by TCI corp.. to be an organizer and to sell HBO :) as I worked in the cable end of TCI.. so I started at the company and the first day a tech guy walked by me and said: Hey FORNIkate.. that was a start of 5 years of fornikate.. ha! it was horrible. My Catherine personality is not well known to me really, that is the name my grandmother used when she talked with me.. she died in 65, miss her to this day, and my mom most times called me catherine or kate, when I was young everyone called me Cathy.. I used to feel bizarre with all these names but know two other Kate, Kathy, Katherines.. so I am not alone!!! I named myself Kate the GREAT! ha. And JimmiAnne I too have a hard time keeping up too.. age for me! hope you are having a great time in France tho.. I think in France they drive on the same side as we do here so you will not have to be worried about that!

Not much else new here.. I am thinking of taking some pix of my pumpkins but am lazy :)

love to you all

Kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my lovely NIRDI friends :D

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Happy thanksgiving @canuk-gal I hope you enjoy the holiday even though you're not spending it where you wanted.

Hello @Tekate the great, how goes it with you, painfree I hope? Happy birthday to your son for tomorrow. Jeez, how did our kids get so grownup? We neeeeed photos of your ACA trilogy pretty please :P2

Belated happy birthday to the big guy @marcy, did you do anything special to celebrate? Was his new lifting bar his gift? Colin always says he doesn’t want anything, so I tell him not to complain if he gets exactly what he wants :lol:

Hey there @PierreBear did your piano go to its new home this weekend? Lots of space to fill now :cool2: How’re your classes going, have you been making lots of lovely bread. You just can’t beat the smell, or the taste of fresh baked bread :lickout:

Is the weather still being kind to you @junebug17 ? I hope so, and that you’re enjoying your time at the beach.

:dance: The kitties are obviously loving the new feeder @missy how great to see how successful it is. I hope the mini golf place was open so you could have some fun today. What a change in our weather, it was vile on Saturday, but yesterday and today have been beautiful, cool but sunny. Hopefully yours will improve and you can get in more cycling and hit your target.

I cleaned my jewellery the other day, and boy what a difference, I thought they were relatively clean, but talk about sparkly now :lol: I just soaked them in soapy water, and even my platinum chain on my little diamond slider came up shining.

We’ve got the surveyor coming tomorrow to assess the gate damage, so keep everything crossed we haven’t got a fight on our hands about what they’ll pay to replace.

Please wish Greg a very happy birthday from us @missy, he’s a great guy and deserves to have a special day.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for all the good vibes--I woke up Saturday morning and for the 20th time the forecast changed. So WE hopped in the car and drove home for TG! Short trip but sweet. Had a lot of fun--my DH was quite MERRY--so I drove home from my sisters (if you KWIM). Loads of good food and laughs. The porchetta I brought was great for Saturday supper and my Mom made a gorgeous kale salad. Only she has the patience to fine chop and devane Kale....

We did have sleet driving home after TG supper but no biggie. Anyway.

Hope all NIRDIs are well and had a good long weekend. Back to work tomorrow. Ho hum.

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Quickie again. Hope everyone is well,
Yay @Tekate that you have a hall pass for the oral surgeon for three months! Woo hoo! I saw mine Saturday and he took some 3-D images to help with the reconstruction. I see another maxo facial surgeon on Friday and after that I should be able to schedule the surgery. Anticipating it is torture!
@missy Gosh you’re hubby is so talented. He can do everything! How lucky are you!? I love the kitty home he built and congrats again on hitting your goal on miles! Your sunrise picture is so beautiful and peaceful. What a lovely spot.
I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend. Happy four days left of this week to all! :kiss2:

PS terrible limo accident upstate and like six degrees of separation, it involved friends and classmates of my daughter’s old college roommate/bff. My niece and her fiancé work at the same business as the brothers who perished. Awful awful....no words :cry2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, some soup is on the way. It was quite tasty at lunch today as well. We generally use sea salt too; but it isn’t handy for me to use when cooking. I should fix that, eh? I rarely use salt other than on popcorn or potatoes. I hope staying away from the regular salt does help your BP. I don’t mind boring days either; they are way better than stressful days. Marty did get home today. He beat me home by about 30 minutes. He is downstairs setting up his new weight bar and storage box. You and Greg will get that 3300 miles soon. Woo hoo!!!! Marty says thank you for the birthday wishes. Tell Greg Happy Birthday from Marty and me. I hope the miniature golf course wasn’t too busy. Gorgeous sunrise.

Kate, I do always put butter on our popcorn; why eat it without it, right? Pave definitely don’t do well with US. My niece wanted a pave wedding set and I pulled her fiancé aside and told him buy it somewhere that has a life time warranty on it. He thanked me a few years after they were married. I think prong mounted stones are fine. I sure like your 3 stone ring; it’s so pretty. I am doing well, thank you for asking. How are you doing? I hope things are going well for you. Marty has had 4 trucks now; he likes having one to haul things. He sure wants to take my car when he runs to the store though. In that case he likes to speed and take corners at ridiculous speeds. Happy Birthday to your DS tomorrow. I have heard Vermont is the place to go for the beautiful fall trees. There is a place about 90 miles from here with rows and rows of Aspen that is gorgeous.

Austina, Marty says thanks for the birthday wishes. He told me 8 of them from the strength seminar went out for supper one night and he got to the restaurant first. The guy that seated him was telling him how big and strong he was. They were talking and the other lifting guys came in and the guy said obviously here are your friends. Too funny. Tell Colin he is very easy to shop for that way; he gets exactly what he said he wanted. I always want jewelry. Yay for clean jewelry! One of the jewelry stores in the mall will polish and steam clean jewelry; I like to take my rings there when we at the mall. Good luck with the surveyor tomorrow.

Sharon, we had snow but there was only a trace of it on roofs and grass. The streets and sidewalks were just wet. When I opened the garage I said to myself we got off light compared to Sharon. That is awesome the forecast changed and you made it to TG. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Sandeek, I hope you get your surgery scheduled soon. Time to just get it done with, eh? I saw the story about the horrible limo accident on TV. I heard some of the news conference about it this afternoon and the driver wasn’t licensed to drive that size of vehicle. Such a tragedy.

Marty made it home okay. The first thing out of his mouth when I got home was what’s for supper? He is such a sentimental guy. I had planned ahead though and had the stuff to make tacos, quick and easy. He had a nice time at his seminar. I should have thought and had Dee Jay arranged to deliver and teddy bear and cupcake to Marty at the seminar on his birthday. He’d know I was behind it somehow but it would have been funny.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate happy birthday to your darling son...27 is a great age. Greg is 60 today. Woohoo. Would love to see pics of your pumpkin if you decide to take them. Hope you are having a lovely week and please wish your DS a happy happy birthday from Greg and me.

@marcy yay for Mr Marty being home and glad the seminar was a success. Haha the first question I would have is what's for dinner too. Food = Love.. right? What was for supper? :lickout: Aww that would have been amazing if you got Dee to deliver a teddy bear to Marty while he was in Chicago. LOL, next time! And Greg says thank you for the bday wishes.

@Austina how did it go with the surveyor? Hope you got excellent news and they will fix it without any issues or delays. Yay for clean sparkly jewelry. I too forget that cleaning them makes such a difference. Well, I don't forget as much as I just don't feel like cleaning them haha. I am that lazy. Thank you for Greg's birthday wishes. He appreciates your lovely bday wishes.

@Sandeek omg yes that was such a horrific accident. 4 sisters, 2 brothers and 17 family members and friends plus the limo driver. I won't get on my sofa box but I hate hate hate those stretch limos. Dangerous and this one failed inspection and the driver didn't have the legal license to be operating it either. Insult upon injury. I have plenty of words but none of them fit to print here. Tragic tragic tragic.:cry2:

Thank you for those lovely compliments re Greg's woodworking. It is a labor of love and he enjoys building stuff especially when it helps the animals. The cats and raccoons are going through ridiculous amounts of food now. Costing us $60 a week just in food for them. I do not mind but worry when we cannot get here every week. Greg built the feeder to hold like 40 lbs of food but they have never gone through so much so fast. I blame it on the raccoons but there is no way to stop them because when we block them they tear everything apart. Little bullies.

Good luck with your maxo facial surgeon on Friday and I hope you can schedule the surgery and get it over with as soon as possible. Sending you healing hugs and all the best. (((HUGS))).

@canuk-gal wonderful news that you made it home for Thanksgiving! NIRDI dust works:appl: and so pleased you enjoyed a wonderful meal with your loved ones. And made it back home safe and sound.:appl:

Hey there @Jimmianne, thinking of you and sending love.

We ran errands yesterday and the rain never stopped so we never did get to play miniature golf. Maybe before the week is up if they are open because they do close before end of autumn. If it is meant to be we will play if not next year. Anyway the time is speeding by and I want to slow it down to savor each moment. Have a wonderful day girls and hugs to you.

Off cycling soon but at this moment Greg just jumped into the bay for his birthday swim...off to keep an eye on him. See you later girls and have a wonderful day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His 60th birthday swim...haha more like birthday float.:lol: Waters calm and still a hazy no sun yet morning...

birthdayswim60.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there Nirdis!

Missy, please wish Greg a very Happy Birthday for me! So great to see the ferals using and enjoying their beautiful new feeder :appl: Fun pictures of the Zombie Walk, the costumes are pretty realistic! You guys are doing great with the cycling. Fingers crossed you can find a miniature golf course that's open, such a fun game. Beautiful sunrise :love:

@canuk-gal, I'm so glad the weather cooperated enough for you to visit family for Thanksgiving!

Austina, yay to getting together with your former collegue, always fun to reconnect. And yes, one of the nice things about a dinner invitation is it gets you out of the kitchen lol. Sending lots of luck to you with regard to assessor and I hope everything is covered and goes smoothly.

@Tekate, great news about your doctor's visit! Very happy things are going so much better for you. Your diinner out sounds amazing, now I'm hungry lol. I saw your ring thread and your 3 stone is SO beautiful!!! Gah, those diamonds are amazing :love: Happy Birthday to your ds!!! Mine is 26, so that means we were dealing with diapers and babies at the same time lol!

Marcy, good for you for figuring out how to get that heavy box in the house! Yes, you probably saved some money by avoiding the jewelry stores ha. Ugh to cold and nasty weather, I hope it clears up for you soon. Happy Birthday to Marty and I hope he had a great day. Lol to the waiter knowing who Marty's friends were, very cute! Very nice of you to indulge your sister with a long phone call, you really are a good sister.:kiss2:

Sandeek, good luck with your appointments and the prep for your surgery. I hope you can get is scheduled soon, and just get it all behind you. I read about that horrible accident and I'm so sorry your daughter's best friend and your niece were affected, sad and tragic beyond words.

I got back from SC yesterday and just catching up with things around the house. Quick trip but fun to get away for a few days. Zoe stayed home with ds and I *think* she was glad to see me, it's hard to tell with cats:D

Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday! <3

P

PierreBear

Hello NIRDI ladies! Thanks for letting me still tag along and catch up with everyone. Hope that everyone is in good health and spirit. I was silly today and forgot my lunch in the fridge at home. At least it won’t go bad and if that’s the worst thing that happens today, I’ll still call that a win! I always have ramen as back up in the office. Not nutritional but it will do for today! Also, there is only so much hummus and carrots I can eat….but luckily I had that in fridge as well.

Other than that the piano did move yesterday. I felt a bit embarrassed that the back of the piano had cobwebs and other dirty items and would have loved to clean it off before it went to the buyer but I wasn’t going to stop the movers! The buyer already sent me a video of her daughter playing the piano and will keep in touch about her recital. So wonderful! The living room is bare naked though… also sold the couch and rug. New items to deliver soon so fingers crossed that it all looks good together.

20180926_214018 (1).jpg

Yes, still taking baking class. My favorite bread so far was the Challah bread. Missy with the Jewish background, did ya’ll make this frequently? The braiding makes it so beautiful and the egg wash allows it to brown so well. Hope ya’ll enjoy the picture!

@Tekate – Colors come and go too quickly! What a treat that you do get to see them. It is on my list to do a drive and see the leaves. Also one day, catch the cherry blossom trees in Japan too.

@Austina – Good luck to the surveyor assessing the gate damage. Hope that battle about what will be covered doesn’t give ya’ll too much grief. Oh and how fun that your jewelry continues to bedazzle you with just a simple cleaning. Way to take care of your beauties!

@canuk-gal – Yummm… I had to look up Porchetta and happy belated Thanksgiving. Did you make it yourself and what did you roll it in? Feel free to drive all the way over here to teach me! Glad you got home safely despite the sleet and had a great time with family!

@Sandeek – Ughhh my heart breaks for those involved in the limo accident. Sorry to hear about the tragedy.

@marcy – Oh my soup friend. Glad you are making some delicious meals for yourself and Marty.

@missy – Sorry for missing Greg’s birthday. Tell him a belated happy birthday for me. How fun that ya’ll still play mini golf. Can’t remember the last time I tried putting around. Oh and so neat that you met up with Rainwood and Elle and Bubalah got to connect as well. Love all the photos!

@junebug17 – Glad you had a quick fun trip. Hahaha… I know Zoe missed you but you must have caught her in a nap. PS… just bought my cat a costume for Halloween. He’s going to be a cowboy and he better like it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, glad that Greg enjoys making nice homes for the kitties. You guys are real heroes taking care of all of those kitties (and the raccoons too). It’s too bad you can’t keep them out. Darn that the rain kept you for miniature golf; I hope you get to play sometime this week. Nice that Greg got to take a birthday swim. LOL to birthday float. That’s really a good one.

Junebug, thank you for the birthday wishes for Marty. I am trying to avoid jewelry shopping for at least a few months but you know me; I’m alway thinking about what I want next. i try to be a good sister but I sure hate those long, long phone calls. Your trip to SC sounds fun and relaxing. That is too funny that you think Zoe was happy to see you - It is hard to tell with cats. They have to act cool.

PierreBear, your bread looks awesome. I can smell it from here. It’s a good thing you had some backup lunch at work. I keep easy mac, soup and instant mashed potatoes in my drawer. I threw most of it out since they expired last year so I’ll pick more up for the winter. It sounds like the piano went to a good home with someone who will enjoy it. When we were taking things apart to move I was mortified at some of the dust under things or behind things. I do like a good bowl of soup.

We had big snow flakes falling when I left for work this morning but they didn’t stick around. The cold weather still painfully reminding me I live in Wyoming.

Marty wanted to go out to supper when I got home. It was nice to go out and relax for a bit.

Have a great day.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy and Sharon, I hope you will both move near me in NC where it is still hot and sunny. Just ignore those weekly hurricanes!!!

Have less than a week left in France, but the past month has felt like YEARS. So much has occured. But I will never have enough of being here. I love this place, everything about it.
Yesterday I drove almost an hour to Tours and bought a car, a Renault SUV. Inspired by Marcy, I went for the “cosmos bleu”. Sadly, that is the closest I could get to Porsche blue, but it is a nod to the finer blue things of life : ) My DD and I will share it for the time being. Until you’ve navigated a car purchase in a foreign language you are missing an adventure LOL.

6138E1DE-82AA-46FE-8D59-A7211C4BBD2C.jpeg
Today I have a full day french immersion class. Ugh. My friend here said by the end of the day I will be flabbergasted. I think I am going to have do much more of this in the next year, as I have now bragged that I will be speaking fluently by the time the wedding rolls around next year. What amazes me that I can actually communticate at all with people now & it is exciting. Still, a very long way to go.

Happy day, NIRDIs.
XX

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Thank you for Greg's birthday wishes here and offline. You're all so sweet and caring. Truly the best of the best in this thread and I appreciate every single one of you. We enjoyed a wonderful day. Cycling and went over 3300 miles woohoo and then had a lovely dinner at our local neighborhood restaurant by the sea. Fresh food and even fresher company.:lol:

@junebug17 welcome back and so glad you enjoyed a wonderful visit in SC. Glad Zoe is none the worse for staying behind but she was loved and cared for by your DS so perfect situation. I wish we had someone to care for our kitties so we could get away but for now we must wait. LOL they are little terrors and it is better this way. Hope your week is going well. It's so foggy here this AM and cannot see more than a few feet ahead right now.

@marcy yay so glad the snow didn't stick around. Whew! And yes to enjoying dinner out last night. A belated birthday dinner for Mr Marty perhaps? It's nice to go out and have someone do the serving and clean up not to mention the cooking. Glad you enjoyed. And thank you again for all your lovely comments. We are not heroes at all but appreciate your kind words. Ann picked up all the huge bags we had for her filled with clothing, shoes, handbags and Greg's shirts and pants. I hope she can raise lots of money for her fundraiser fingers crossed.

@PierreBear wonderful moving the piano to a family who is loving and appreciating it. Well done. And hoping you get your rugs delivered soon and that they are just what you want them to be.

Missy with the Jewish background, did ya’ll make this frequently? The braiding makes it so beautiful and the egg wash allows it to brown so well. Hope ya’ll enjoy the picture!

Yummmm! And yes!!! Those were the days...my grandma and mom used to bake Challah bread. And it tastes as yummy as it looks. I can still remember the golden soft buttery taste and breaking it off in the center to get a soft chewy melt in your mouth piece. Yummmmm! Oh how I miss those (breadilicious) days. Darn my current anti glutenous body!:knockout::lol:

@Sandeek hello there! Hope your week is going well and that you are feeling good and are pain free!

@Tekate hope you are enjoying a lovely week too!

@Jimmianne congrats on your Renault SUV Cosmos bleu! Love it. Drive it in good health. And yes time flies so fast. Glad you accomplished so much in the time you were there and safe travels back.

Excuse me for going out of chronological order in the next few pics but omg look at what was going on our porch around 10PM last night. Those raccoons are so smart I swear they know a camera is right there haha. They are destructive but oh so adorable.

raccoon.jpg.png

Right before that he was eating and so was a kitty..side by side as they often are eating in the feral feeder. Makes me happy that the raccoons don't deter the feral kitties at least.

raccoonandkitty.jpg.png

and when the raccoon left another kitty took his place next to Pepsi.

2kitties.jpg.png

A Bubbalah perspective shot from right before we left for dinner last night. Thanks to LLJsmom I am hooked on perspective shots. :kiss:

ringperspectiveinstripeddress.jpg.png

And finally two more photos...one of us after hitting 3,300 miles and a photo capturing the 3,300 mile mark. A nice way to celebrate Greg's 60th milestone birthday.

60thbirthdayride.jpg.png

3300miles.jpg.png

Off cycling soon despite the foggy weather and poor visibility as it should be burning off soon. Meeting a childhood friend this afternoon who I have not seen since grade school. Over 43 years ago!!! We have been chatting on the phone and via text and she and her dh are coming to the shore for the day and we are cycling over to meet them. Very excited. Hope you lovely ladies have a wonderful Wednesday. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to share this. One of Greg's dear childhood friends sent him this yesterday.

happy60th.jpg

I thought it so sweet, special and meaningful.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you got your thanksgiving with your family @canuk-gal. How’s your Mum doing now?

Woohoo, well done on successfully getting your car sorted out @Jimmianne That’s quite some feat negotiating in French. I can’t believe how quickly your time in France has passed.

Wow @Tekate, your ring is truly spectacular, just a beautiful setting and I imagine a real fireball of sparklyness.

Glad you had a good time in SC @junebug17, Dottie is rather catlike in that she’s not overly effusive when we get back. We know she’s glad to see us, but she’s not like our others who’d smother us in licks and slobber. =)2

Truly awful about the limo accident @Sandeek I’ve often wondered about the structural integrity of them being stretched so much. It’s unthinkable to lose so many members of your family like that. How’re things with you? Any news on your op?

Aww that was sweet of the people who bought the piano to send you a video @PierreBear I bet it feels good to know that it’s getting played and is appreciated.

Your bread looks amazing, did you eat it all :lickout:?

Have you decided what your going to do decor wise now you’ve sold your couch and rug? (Sorry for all the questions, but I’m nosy :lol:).

Yum to soup @marcy what did you make? Colin made a big bowl of vegetable soup yesterday while I was at pilates. I’d made lentils on Sunday, so we added those too. Woohoo to going out to eat, always a good thing to do when it’s unexpected and after a long day at work.

Awww look at those cute little raccoon faces @missy and good that they share with the kitties. I’m sure the word has got round that there’s a great place to eat in town, and the ‘locals’ are queuing up for a feast. :D

What a lovely sentiment from Greg’s friend, truly meaningful and special. Sounds like you had a lovely day celebrating his birthday.
Woohoo to hitting your 3300 mile mark, that’s some achievement :appl:

Well, the surveyor came yesterday, and we were pleasantly surprised that he accepted what we told him, agreed that the motors have suffered catastrophic shock, and that the brick pillars will have to come down and be rebuilt. The insurance company hadn’t forwarded him any of the information, photographs and quotations that we’d given them :x2 Colin had printed them off, and he seemed to agree that the cheapest (which is actually the company we want to do the work) seemed reasonable for the amount that needs to be done. He said he’d go straight back and write up his report, so hopefully, we’ll hear soon.

We went to see Crazy Rich Asians yesterday, of course I was looking at all the bling:lol: It was predictable, but nonetheless enjoyable. Nice to see Singapore again because it’s been a long time since we visited.

Beautiful bright sunny day here, Colin’s just been for pneumonia jab (available here to old geezers:mrgreen:). I’m far too young to need one, of course :whistle:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! I brought my lunch today so heyyyy that’s a good start to the day. It is starting to feel like fall today. Still getting a lot of rain and trying to figure out that same water leak. At least we have a bucket catching it in the HVAC unit area. Hopefully the contractor and roofer and figure out where it is coming from. It’s a headscratcher. PS – I bought my cat his cowboy costume for Halloween. Countdown until it comes in. : ) Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@marcy – Big snow flakes! Beautiful… dreaming of what your view looks like. All we had was fog this morning. Hahaha not quite the same thing. You have some really good backup meals. I think I'll have to borrow your ideas!

@Jimmianne – Beautiful car and glad that ya’ll can share it. Way to go on negotiating in French.

@missy – Aw so neat to hear that your grandma and mom baked that type of bread. Shucks on your anti-glutenous body for sure but that doesn’t mean you can’t smell it if Greg bakes it. Hello racoons and interesting that they don’t fight with the kitties. Love your perspective ring shot but I’m just focused on your beautiful dress. Looks so cozy! Maxi dresses are the best!

@Austina – You caught me!! I did eat a majority of the bread. DH was out of town so I had to take one for the team. I would eat it for breakfast with some honey peanut butter. Then sometimes for dinner, I would melt cheese and salami and top it with some bacon. So terrible for me but it was delicious. I’m usually not a sandwich fan but a hot sandwich with the right goodies still win me over.

Haha you aren’t nosy and happy to share with you my friend. We have a gray sectional couch picked out and two chairs to go across it. Our space is small so it was tough finding the right type of chairs. Most living room chairs are loungy and are wide for comfort. However, for the right size, we had to look more for dining or office chairs. Not good at visualizing so once it gets delivered, we will just see if it all looks right. If not, then just return it and try again.

Awww sorry that Colin isn’t feeling his best. I’m sure you are being the kind and youthful wife you are and taking good care of him. : ) Glad you had fun watching the movie! Yes, agree it was predictable but still a fun, feel good movie.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sorry I missed wishing Greg a happy birthday... yesterday was a busy busy day with phone calls coming left and right... I like to sit down and read NIRDI's posts before I plow you and everyone with my latest musings on my life. I am sure Greg had a wonderful day, how couldn't he? you are there. :) I love the pictures of the kittens and other animals that partake in your feeding system.. it's GREAT.. Missy, yesterday I got up and I walked into my bathroom and I came eye to eye with a young doe eating of our crab-apple tree, it was mesmerizing and I was afraid to move to get my phone/camera, if it happens again I will, this tree is also great in the spring, birds come by the flock and eat all the left over baby apples, it's amazing, I love the tree! we have been having turkey's galore around here - it's turkey hunting season and I'm sure they are looking for safe places :( I'll never truly understand hunting when one can buy a raised turkey or chicken etc. Bubbalah is beautiful against your long dress, I love your ring! Let us know how the visit went with your childhood friend!!! sounds wonderful Missy it really does.

@Austina this is truly great news on the pillars! glad to read this for your pocketbook. Crazy rich asians sounds great! maybe during the holidays with my kids/spouses etc here :) Thank you for the birthday wishes for my Christopher, he was in NYC on his bday yesterday and in heaven.. he loves the city and was visiting my nephew and wife and kids! (and interviewing at Goldman Sachs :) but he thinks he didn't get it because he couldn't answer all the math questions or programming ones - if he doesn't he doesn't, there are more programming jobs across America for him to interview for :) )

@Sandeek hello dear lady, I Hope all is going well...?... I am so truly sorry this horrible limo accident near Albany.. such promising young people, all have given and were giving a lot to their communities and as parents and vets, the 2 gentlemen killed in the parking lot were brilliant profs, so so sorry Sandeek..

@marcy Hello! thank you for your kind words on my ring, I love it. It's a keepah as they say here. Sometimes Marcy I think a truck would be good for Maine then I remember we are nearing the age when we have to start renewing of driving licenses and TEST!!! DRIVING!! not that I oppose it as I don't want some old geezer hitting me ;-) thank you for your kind bday wishes for my Chris.. he's such a good son (they both are but this one has always been quiet and stealth :) ) and Marcy NO Snow yet I Hope! no sticking anyway.

@PierreBear I think it's wonderful the piano buyer sent you a video and I hope you go to the recital if you can! the BREAD, CHALLAH BREAD! when I moved to the city I became a challah bread junkie, delicious for French Toast!!!! just plain delicious, your pix make me hungy!!!! hope you are well.

@junebug17 do you think hurricane michael will hit NC/SC? I really can't tell by the maps and it's probably too early to tell. I don't remember (or never knew and don't worry if you would rather not say) is your 26 yr old boy or girl? (I'm a Jewish mother at heart!).

@Jimmianne abso love the color of your Renault, gosh it's gorgeous? is it a standard? will you just keep it at your house in France or board it somewhere else in France? Jimmi* I am thrilled you are feeling more comfortable in conversing and getting things done is French, that is a GREAT feeling I am sure. You are coming home next week? I will keep an eye out to make sure you miss any rain coming to the NC SC area! (not that I can control it :) )

as I go off to cut some veggies for dinner (pasta and shrimp yum!!!) I think how lucky I am to know you guys, you are all so very thoughtful kind and true blue.. lucky us and me always :)

Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, we are sapphire car twins. Sweet. it looks like a wonderful car. I do think I’d rather have snow than hurricanes. Of course sometimes we have hurricane force winds with snow instead of rain. It sounds like you are enjoying life there and becoming quite fluent in French. Nice.

Missy, you and Greg had a wonderful day for his birthday. Nice. Woo hoo to 3300 miles on your bike. I hope Ann’s fundraiser goes well. The poem for Greg from his friend is awesome. I hope you had a great time catching up with your childhood friend. I’ve kept in contact with my best friend from grade school through high school. She doesn’t text, FB or email but we write letters to each other now and then. Love the pictures but especially the one marking the 3300 mile mark. Such a great memory that will be.

Austina, I’ve often thought the same thing about stretch limos; how sturdy can they really be with so many things patched together. It is such a tragedy to lose so many members of the same family; it’s awful all around. That was nice of Colin to make vegetable soup while you were at pilates. i made beef vegetable soup; I enjoyed another bowl this evening. That sounds very promising about the surveyor agreeing with you guys on the damage to your gate and pillars. I hope you get your check soon. Enjoy the sunshine.

PierreBear, it is a good day when you remember your lunch. I hope the figure out your leak; those can be stinkers to find. Too funny about ordering your cat a Halloween costume. All I can see is how mad my cat used to get when I put doll clothes on him when I was a kid. i try to keep things on hand for tacos, soup or some kind of oven dinner. You never know in the winter when you might need something. I hope your new furniture works once you get it in your house. Sometimes it’s hard to tell.

Kate, how fun to be so close to a young doe dining on your crab apple tree. I would imagine a truck would be handy in Maine. So they make you take driving tests there after you reach a certain age? That isn’t such a bad idea. It’s hard to give up that freedom but you do see people driving that shouldn’t be. I am glad you enjoyed having your DS visit; they both sound like great guys. Your dinner sounds fabulous.

I dug my parka out today; I needed it. It said 26 in my car when I came home tonight. We did get snow off and on but it mostly melted. More snow expected tonight then it is drying out for a few days. Marty even had his bunny slippers on this morning.

Take care!
Marcy
Here's a picture Marty took today when he went out this morning.
IMG_0344.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, beautiful! I know snow is a pain, but it is lovely.

Well, I survived my french immersion day. My teacher is tricky. She did not mention that she was filming me at a shoe shop « buying » shoes in French. Haha. By the time the filming was done I had bought the shoes in real life.
523790BD-9837-45EB-933A-7C7FED78220B.jpeg

Wait a second...bunny slippers??? :lol-2:

Attachments

• D982C11B-1816-46FF-9720-22D31C5CE5F5.jpeg
    D982C11B-1816-46FF-9720-22D31C5CE5F5.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 36

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate aww thanks for Greg's birthday wishes and he says thank you very much too. He appreciated all the NIRDI ladies lovely happy birthday wishes here and offline. Thank you all. I cannot believe I am married to a 60 year old.:eek2: Haha but as @Austina and others have pointed out 60 is the new 40 right?:cheeky:

Kate, How was your dear son's birthday Tuesday? Hope he had a lovely birthday too. He is a lucky man having you as his mom. Your encounter with the sweet doe sounds amazing and definitely glad you didn't miss it by getting the camera. The only reason I get the photos I do is my phone is with me (generally) while we are cycling right in a little pouch near me on the bike so if I see anything photo worthy I grab it and take a photo. But in your instance you might have missed the wonder of the doe so glad you got to see it and enjoy. They really are magnificent animals.

Ann picked up all the donations from us and got to see the new feral feeder and was impressed. I wish Greg had time to build one for all the people who TNR and take care of the feral kitties but it takes so long to build just one. Of course since bike riding season will be over soon (if it is not already as rain is predicted here for a few days now) so Greg will have some time freed up haha but we are back to reality soon so work and all that jazz.

I forgot to say I revisited your SMTB thread the other day and wowza. Your ring is amazbling in every way. Glamorous and sophisticated and just beautiful. I can see why you love it and why this is your forever ring.

We are the lucky ones having you here Kate. You are kind and generous and cheerful and upbeat and most of all genuine. I value truth and honesty and realness above fake niceness always (why do people even bother being fake nice...I loathe fakeness so much) so appreciate how really kind and lovely you are. Thank you Kate. (((HUGS))).

@marcy how sweet you write letters to your friend. I remember having pen pals and do miss that. The art of letter writing feels like a bygone era but one that I loved. When Greg and I were dating he would write love letters to me. I saved them all.:kiss2: Unfortunately we had to reschedule our meeting as they were running late and we couldn't hang around waiting for them as we had plans later. Next time. They are going to the Bahamas and when they get back we will get together in the city. They just bought an apartment on the UWS so looking forward to her being closer by than before as they used to live in the New Jersey suburbs much further away. Thanks for the cycling enthusiasm. I know most people don't share our enthusiasm for our cycling goals and appreciate the support and cheers. Very much. I love goals and I love reaching them and then increasing the goals. Greg doesn't love that (the increasing of them once we reach them that is lol) so much.:cheeky:

This might be it now because rain is here.:(2

3349.jpg.png

Oh my goodness Marcy, how pretty that snow is and wow to it being parka weather already but yes 26 degrees is super cold. Stay warm and cozy and comfy and safe.

@Austina yay, so pleased for you that the surveyor agreed with everything you requested to do and hoping it is all fixed very soon. Major hurdle overcome. Whew! Thank you again for the lovely comments re the feeder. The kitties and whole feral neighborhood is enjoying it all immensely. Too bad our pocketbook is not. They are going through the food in record time. Not sure how we will handle this when we aren't coming every week. My goodness I am not sure it will even last a week at this rate. We will see.

How is Colin feeling today after his pneumonia vaccination? I am struggling with the decision whether or not to get the flu vaccination. I have not missed one since 2005 when I had a terrible case of the flu. But now knowing my genetic status I know the vaccination is toxic for me (homozygous for a mutation that does not allow me to detoxify sufficiently) so I am in a catch 22. The preservative free vaccinations still has toxic ingredients for me in it but getting the flu in my weakened state could be a challenging problem so what to do what to do. There is no right or wrong answer as with most things there are reasonable arguments for either choice. I am in a quandary.
Glad you enjoyed Crazy Rich Asians. No clue what that is but I am guessing a movie? LOL I am out of it with pop culture and even news events. Too much to deal with when I just want to relax and not let reality in because what is going on in the world is unpleasant. Glad you enjoyed it and I will look it up later. Oops just read @PierreBear 's reply. Yes it is a movie. OK then. Will check it out.:))

@PierreBear thank you and yes I love maxi dresses. Comfy and flow and perfect for the warm 80 degree weather we have been experiencing this week. We chose some good days for vacation though that seems to have run its course and now our weather is getting back to rain and such. Still grateful the hurricane isn't coming here except for some rain. Keeping those affected by the storms in my thoughts.

Gosh I hope they find the source of your leak. Another leak ugh. I remember the last one you had. Dust for leak fixing being sent your way.
Your furniture choices sound lovely and I hope they work out just as you envisioned them in your mind. We got lucky when I went on my furniture ordering jag this summer as it all looked exactly as I hoped it would in the space. Just the look I was going for and hope it works out the same for you. You have excellent taste but you already know I think that. At least I hope you do.
Yay for bread baking going well and enjoying the fruits (so to speak) of your labor. Yummmmm.
Haha please take pics of your cowboy kitty. Yeehawmeowwwwww.:bigsmile:

@Jimmianne yes to surviving French immersion class and those are quite the boots.8) I bet they look fantastic on you. Please share photos when you wear them.:appl:

@Sandeek hope you are enjoying a good week and I am thinking of you and sending healing vibes and warm hugs your way.

Yesterday did not work out meeting our friends as they were running late and we couldn't wait sadly. But we did get to ride with our friend Butch later that day and that was a blast. :sun: As you can see it was a very foggy (or as we affectionately like to call it "froggy") day yesterday.

gregandbutchfoggyday.jpg.png

Today not sure what is on the agenda since I do not think we can ride since rain is here all day and for tomorrow too and not sure of the weather for the rest of the week/weekend. We shall see. Anyway it will be a good day since we are together and enjoying vacation. Hoping all of you are enjoying a wonderful week and have a good Thursday girls!!!

Leaving you with a photo of our roses from yesterday. Love that they are still sticking around. And love the autumn leaves scattered about the grass. I am weird in that I love the leaves and hate when our landscapers do our autumn cleanup which is happening soon I think. Aww Autumn please don't leave us (haha leave(s) us :P2) too quickly!

rosesinfrontofhouse.jpg.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@missy, so glad Greg had a lovely birthday. Yes, one perk of ds living with us is he can take care of Zoe when we're away...although that will change when ds moves out. He will still be in the area, so hopefully I can entice him to watch her when we travel. Amazing pics of the raccoons, so glad they don't keep the kitties from eating. Great perspective shot of Bubbalah, she looks huge and so sparkly! Congrats on the extra miles you and Greg have been able to do, great pics of you both. And so nice to see flowers still blooming! Too bad you and your friend missed each other but it's great she's going to be moving closer. Nice that you and Greg contributed a lot to the fundraiser and I hope Ann raises tons of money.

@PierreBear, your bread turned out beautifully and looks delicious! Your description of your hot sandwiches made me hungry, yum. Love that your kitty is going to be a cowboy for Halloween :kiss2: Congrats again on finding a new home for your piano, and so sweet of the new owners to send you a video. Getting new furniture is SO much fun, sounds like your new pieces are going to look great. Hope you love everything! And ugh to still figuring out where the leak is! Hope you can figure it out soon.

@marcy, oh no to snow already! It does look pretty as it's coming down. Stay warm. I've been spoiled by the mild temps we've been having but I know it"s just a matter of time :cry2:. Lol to Marty's bunny slippers :D Going out to eat is a nice break from the regular routine, and from cleaning the kitchen ha.

@Jimmianne, love your new car, it's beautiful! I love the color. Sounds like you had a busy time in France, and I hope you have a safe trip and can return soon to the place you love so much. Congratulations for being able to communicate in French, very impressive!!! I'm sure the immersion classes will help a lot. Adorable shoes! And woo-hoo to talking about the wedding! It's getting real haha!

@Austina, good news that you and the surveyor are on the same page and I hope things go smoothly from here on out. Glad you enjoyed the movie, it sounds entertaining and fun. Your Dottie sounds like such a sweetie :love:

@Tekate, how fun that you saw a doe, very sweet! My son is 26, and I also have a daugther who is 29. How in the world did that happen??? And this thread is enhanced by your presence, your kindness and good sense of humor is always a day-brightener for me! I don't think our area of SC is going to be affected much by the hurricane, and I think we'll just get some rain in NJ.

Not much happening here, it"s a rainy day and it's making me feel very lazy! Will try to get something done around here, but I'm going to have to dig deep :P2

Have a great Thursday everyone! <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I know it’s a pain, but the snow does look pretty @marcy, but I’m glad it didn’t hang around. Whoa, that’s cold, we’re still enjoying really mild temperatures, although we’re due rain and cooler temps. I had to :lol: at the big guy wearing bunny slippers. A nice hot bowl of soup really hits the spot doesn’t it? I honestly think I could live on soup, I’m sure if I was on my own it’d be all I ate.

Cute booties @Jimmianne, tres chic! I bet you look fantastic in them :love: I don’t suppose you’re looking forward to the marathon journey home, when do you leave?

Agh to the leak @PierreBear, water is so insidious, and travels, so it’s often difficult to find the source of the actual point of entry. I hope you can get it sorted out. You seem to have been having quite a lot of rain there lately. Colin always checks the weather, and laughs when we’re actually having better weather than Texas :D I couldn’t believe how green it was everywhere on our drive up to Aledo, although my friend said they’d barely had any rain for months.

I hope your home in SC stays safe @junebug17 the storm is just awful, we’ve been watching the footage from Florida, and it’s just horrendous. Glad your DS can look after Zoe while you’re away, makes it easier for you to leave her, hopefully he’ll still do it when he no longer lives at home. There’s definitely something amiss here, I don’t believe any of us are old enough to have such grown up children :whistle:

Hi @Tekate, I feel exactly as you do about this lovely bunch of ladies. As a newcomer, they welcomed me with open arms, not always the case with forums, as they can be quite cliquey. Maybe one day, you’ll be in Texas visiting your DS when we’re there, and we can meet up :D

I had to :lol: at Froggy, that’s exactly what we say about fog @missy. Sorry you didn’t get to catch up with your friends yesterday, hopefully soon. Amazingly, we’ve also still got roses blooming, unusual for us this time of year. I’ve had a bumper crop this year with all the sunshine. Everything crossed your generous donations will raise lots of money for the kitties.

Colin got an email from the insurance company saying they’d had the surveyors report and they’d be speaking to the company who put in the cheapest quote (the ones we want to do the work), asking for a breakdown of their costs. So hopefully that’s a good sign. No doubt they will try to haggle it down, but Colin spoke to them, and the guy said he’d submitted the breakdown of costs, Labour and materials, so fingers crossed we hear soon.

Off for my 5 weekly cut and colour tomorrow, I’m getting desperate it’s grown so much :eek2:

Yay, nearly the weekend :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, I agree snow is lovely except for the cold, ice and drift part. Great shoes and too funny your teacher filmed the whole thing. You must be getting quite good at parlez francais.

Missy, I am sure Ann was impressed with the feral kitty condo. It’s is amazing. I agree letter writing is becoming a lost art. I send our families holiday cards and write all of them letters. i’ll be getting Halloween cards out soon. I am totally with you on goals; it’s so motivational to have them and so fun to achieve them. It falls right in line with my tendency to plan and organize things. Marty on the other hand is the complete opposite. That’s great your friend will be living close enough to visit. I hope the flu shot agrees with you but it probably was a good idea to get one. Your roses are gorgeous.

Junebug, I am glad you are enjoying warm weather and I hope you didn’t get too much rain. I am definitely not ready for this cold of weather. At work today, I had on a thermal top, sweater, down vest and another sweater today plus had a blanket on my lap. I was still cold. It’s nice your DS can take care of Zoe when you guys head to SC for a few days.

Austina, I think this cold spell was so sudden it’s been hard to get used to it. I love soup too; it’s one of my favorite suppers. I hope it doesn’t get too chilly and rainy there. I hope the insurance settlement goes well. I’d say that’s typical the adjustor wants a list of everything before they settle on the amount. GOOD LUCK! I need a hair cut as well. I am using bobby pins to keep my bangs out of my eyes. I could try and trim them myself but I think that would only lead to disaster.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. We had a crock pot roast and veggies for supper; that hit the spot on a chilly night. Our neighbor found our sprinkler valve shooting out water this afternoon so Marty figures we have a broken pipe. I will nag Marty tomorrow to get the sprinklers blown out. He always waits too long to get the sprinklers blown out so I am surprised we haven’t had problems before now. Usually we don’t have this long of a cold spell in early October though.

Here is Marty at breakfast yesterday with his bunny slippers. I made them when he first started this job. Since he was working at home people were teasing him he’d be working in his bunny slippers. I found some kids bunny ear muffs and sewed them on a pair of slippers. He wears them all the time. I cropped his face out because I caught him right when he had his mouth open to take a bite of food.
slippers.jpg
Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the bunny slipper photo made my day. What a guy. Dare I say, what a big bunny.

Austina, yes, about to make the trek, which starts Monday morning at the train station and goes ‘till Tuesday afternoon when I arrive home. You know all about these marathons; dazed traveller syndrome lol.
I will bet you are looking foward to having the gate ruckus behind you!

Thanks, June. I hope you gave in to your lazy spell and did not do One Darned Thing!

Pbear, your bread is so beautiful! It is quite an art, isn’t it. I have great admiration for your ability to made beautiful food.

Yesterday I finished taking up the horrible wall to wall carpet in the attic and primed the floor. As with the other bedrooms, the previous owners poured cement over the old tile floors (!) and added linoleum then later, shag carpet. In this case I think I will leave the cement. The room was my DD’s, now it will be my studio. I love having a project to think about while I am away.
Before and after-ish... 1060946D-5487-40E3-94B7-9143B7B2E18A.jpeg 3B36891B-DBE3-425B-8F8E-83EF806D7F75.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 Dear Junie, I hear you on having to dig deep lol. I am not feeling very excited to head out cycling today. Sooooooo windy with gusts of over 30 mph. Really not excited to cycle right now. Digging deep but not sure that will be enough:lol:
Hope you had a relaxing day but accomplished what you wanted to accomplish. Yes that is quite the perk having a live in cat sitter and sorry you are losing your live in sitter soon but I volunteer to cat sit anytime you want! I love Zoe and I love her momma too. Hope you have a nice Caturday Saturday planned. It's so windy and cold what a difference a day makes. Yesterday was in the 80s and 100% humidity. Crazy.:confused2:

@marcy ROFLMAO and I spit out my coffee. What a great photo of Mr Marty and his super adorable bunny slippers.:kiss2: I am so happy it's Friday for you. Woohoo! Thanks for the reassurance re the flu shot. As you know I kept going back and forth on the decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate and there is no clear answer. Pros and cons for both so I just went ahead and got the preservative free vaccine yesterday after our all our shopping. Hope I don't regret it. My arm doesnt usually get so sore and Greg's arm isn't sore. What a petunia I am :lol: Speaking of petunias thanks for the rose compliments. They aren't full luscious roses but they make me smile. I love flowers so much but never let Greg buy them for me because it makes me sad when they die. So he is only allowed to buy me diamonds. I think you can see where I am going with this...:whistle: :mrgreen2:

Good luck to Marty blowing out the sprinklers today. Funny you are doing them today because we are too. But Greg is having our sprinkler service guys do it for us. I just asked him why he isn't doing it himself like Marty. He said he could do it but it's a big pain in the a** so he doesn't want to do it himself. I am not sure he liked that question.:P2

Haha Greg hates it when I take pics of him eating too Marcy. But I don't crop out his face like you did with Marty...you're a good wife. Shhhh cannot tell Greg you crop Marty's face out or I will have to do it too.:shhh: :lol-2:

Have a good workday today and tomorrow is freedom:appl:

@Austina yay your roses are still blooming too. And haha yes we have froggy weather just like you. Coincidences never cease.:cheeky: Today however is sharp and clear and freezing and oh so windy. No froggy weather for us today. Hoping to hear good news from you very soon re the broken gates. Fingers crossed. Have a good hair appointment today. Lucky you it's grown so much. I cannot remember my last cut and don't ask about color. Let's just say I am lucky I like the color of dull gray. :lol:

@Sandeek have a great weekend! Hope you are feeling good! Are you getting or did you get the flu vaccine this year? (((Hugs))).

Hi @Tekate how are you doing? Hope you are having a lovely Saturday and that your weekend is filled with love and fun. XO.

@Jimmianne YES!!!:Up_to_something: Ready and waiting m'dear.8) :kiss: :appl:
And nice before and after.

So yesterday I cleaned up. Figuratively not literally of course. Greg would faint if I did that literally. Reminds me I need to get our cleaning service here soon.:P2 Went shopping and I bought 3 warm weather cycling jackets woohoo. And I got 3 pairs of croc sandals at a great price. Pleased with my purchases and if I can drag myself out of bed and get ready to go cycling I will be wearing at least 2 of the 3 new jackets. It's freezing out there.

Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.
Leaving you with 2 still shots from a video I took yesterday when the sun made an appearance and caused our temps to rise to over 80. It was a steamy day when the sun appeared. And I love how purple Bubbalah looks in the sun. She does not have fluorescence but wow she does look purple to me in the sun.

bubbalahinsun.jpeg.png bubbalahinsun.jpg.png

Have a great day girls!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings to all NIRDIs!!!

@marcy beautiful picture Marcy.. there is always something so comforting to me when it snows, it's quiet, it's peaceful and yeah ya gotta dig out :) hubster did a great job on the picture! Love love love those bunny slippers on your hubby!!

@Jimmianne whoa! cool shoes! if I wore such a shoe I would topple :) but it would be worth it I think! the attic room is really cool... the architecture of your house is lovely Jimmianne and I always love looking at pictures of this magnificent home.. when are you coming back here?

@missy OH GAWD Bubbalah is so exquisite, rare and a damn firecracker of color and light.. just like you :) every time I see a picture of your ring, or a video I just drool with love :) I'm looking forward to trying on Bubbalah at some point Missy! AND YOU are the reason why we all gravitate here, kindness begets kindness, our love of sparkle creates kind thoughts and sharing, I am a spoke in the wheel here! I look at diamonds like rainbows, they make me happy, as does other gems, but diamonds ahhhh! (even some crappy ones are pretty, not here but that I have seen.)

Thank you for asking about Chris's bday, it was good I guess, he was in the city to interview with Goldman Sachs for a programming job, but he's 99% sure he blew the interview, he said they asked REALLY HARD math questions, of my 2 sons, he's not the math nerd, the other one minored in math, but he said several other companies in the good ole USA had been reaching out to him so he thought it was a great trip to see his cousin and his daughters and wife, he loves the food in the city, he stayed at the Conrad Monday night and he said it was the fanciest hotel he ever stayed in, the boy/man needs a bigger city than Bentonville AR so I am sure he will eventually find something somewhere, he has only been working for 2.5 years so he's still kind of green in the coding world. I owe him a bday present, but he's coming here for both holidays coming up so I will give him money then :) MIssy, no one has ever said to me I was fake, BUT many people have told me I share too much and talk to much (husband anyone???? :) ) but I am who I am.. we are here such a short time that we should support each other. We all care. thank you for your kind words.. it's like a chain that we all have here of honest, good and kind people. ((((MISSY)))) oh and (((((BUBBALAH)))))) too :)

Missy they (who EVER they are :) ) say that this could be a worse than last year flu season.. I have had my shot, I think sometimes it's a roll of the dice should we get them or not? I think being around little ones and going to a lot of public places would propel me to get the shot, but if I were staying in my little house on the little hill here I might not.. I know this is repetitive but ask your trust physician what they think. looking forward to november! :)

@PierreBear leaks, leaks are a real bitch, I am sorry and hope they find and fix it SOON!

@junebug17 aw thank you June, I came aboard PS in '13 and I have enjoyed and respected your posts since the beginning! June, very very glad to read about the weather and just rain for you in SC.. My son's mother in law (the idiot :) ) lives in Panama City Beach, yup that PCB, she has been in Austin with my daughter in law and visiting so she can only see by video the damage she and her (ass---e) boyfriend own at least 6 homes in PCB - they are land barons, she said the main condo right on the ocean lost the roof and the pool is ruined (not her per se but the complex) the others she does not know about and will not be able to get in for a while, they are party people and while they are not my favorite people (obviously) they are my son's in-laws and I'm always very phony nice :) (they remind me of my parents drinking - fighting etc meh). But her daughter I love with my heart. :)

@Austina me too Austina, I would love to meet you Texas/British gals :) Bella beautiful! hope your cut and color came out the way you love! I love going to the stylist, I feel loved there ;-) she always massages my neck, she's from Cambodia and a sweetie. What did you think of Princess Eugenie's dress, I loved it, I love her ring, she seems like a decent girl.. hopefully Britain will slow down on all the kids, weddings! so much to keep up with ;-)

@Sandeek sending happy and healthy vibes to you and hope your week went really well.

If I missed something I apologize, but I hold you all in my heart for sure.

This weekend my high school bestie (who moved back to Maine in early September) and I are meeting some of our besties from CT - they are coming up to Maine to see the foliage, so Sunday we are meeting them for lunch and dinner and beaching etc. Monday they go back, it's about 4 hours from Southbury CT to Wells so it's not too bad.. looking foward to see them all! loves my possee from high school ;-)

happy weekend y'all.

Kate

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results