shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As long as your DD is happy that's all that matters. We are not all cut out to be PSers...and sometimes ignorance is bliss and happy rules over everything else!

Meet you at Canyon Ranch Spa @Jimmianne ?

canyonranch.jpg.png canyonranch.jpeg.png

Who wants to join us? @rainwood @CJ2008 @junebug17 @marcy @LLJsmom @canuk-gal @Tekate @Sandeek @Austina (we can look at Adam's 65 carat emerald cut on the way:P2 @PierreBear and any else I left out inadvertently and wants to join...come one come all. Let's be pampered in the luxurious way we need to be...:love::appl:

Is that Lenox? Count me in!! I don't qualify to sit at the skinny table anymore, but I'll wave at you with great enthusiasm as I nosh on a lettuce leaf from wherever they put me!

Hi all! Just got back from Alaska and wanted to post some photos, but I took them with my DSLR and the files are too big to post here, even the ones I cropped. Bummer.

Hang in there, everyone who is facing health issues. Things will get better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

Missy, I hate to hear your PA is rushing through things and wants more appointments to go over your CSA results. How frustrating. LOL at finding Greg - gorgeous ocean and sunrise too. Cute babies. I am glad you enjoyed a couple of rides. Looks like a beautiful vacatioon and ooh 65 carat EC.

Tekate, oh no about strep showing up and maybe needing to be on antibiotics for a year. I hope not - I hope it clears up way sooner than that.

Jimmianne, having fun with your art is all that matters. I am glad your gum surgery went well and you can eat solid foods again. Sorry you dropped so much weight. I did loop my diamond and it looked fine - of course my tiny close up vision is limited. The door jam I hit was all metal too. Pretty ring collection for your DD.

PierreBear, what an ordeal you had at the doctor. I am sorry it took so much digging around to get your IUD out but relieved they did manage to retrieve it. I hope the new one goes smoothly next week. That’s great news it’s covered by insurance. You need to dig out your pretty ring and wear it for a week. I actually put my diploma in my filing cabinet.

Austina, I am sorry to hear you had an ordeal with an IUD too. Sounds awful for you and PierreBear. I always liked jewelry but didn’t have many nice pieces until one year I decided I wanted a nice sapphire ring; and then a bling monster was born. I watched 10 Days in the Valley; a very different role for Kyra Sedgwick. I hope they do reduce the speed on your road.

I am marathon watching Yellowstone this weekend. I have 5 of the 10 episodes watched. I also watched the latest Sharknado (dumb and campy as the rest) and we just finished watching Dead Pool 2. I got most of the laundry done last night. Marty is heading to LA again tomorrow. Marty had a client at 7 am this morning then lifted when he got home. We went to a late lunch / early supper about 3 then picked up some things at Sam’s Club on the way home.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, I missed your post. I bet you have some gorgeous pictures from Alaska. I hope you had a great time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@rainwood yes it is Lenox! Beautiful there and I bet it would be a very enjoyable experience. So glad you had an amazing Alaskan adventure. I knew you would. That spectacular scenery combined with your artful and creative eye. Just breathtaking. Cannot wait to see ALL your photos.

@marcy yes that 65 carat emerald cut diamond is :kiss2:

Who says money cannot buy happiness? :whistle::lol: JK! I know what is important in life. But having money makes everything a bit easier let's not sugar coat it. Oh well. At least we are all rich in love (friends and more) and that is what truly matters in life...real relationships with our loved ones.

Enjoy your marathon watching of Yellowstone. Glad you are enjoying that plus some other relaxing shows. Glad most of your chores are done and safe trip to Marty.

@Tekate day 3 of amoxicillin starts today...sending you bucketloads of healing dust.

@Austina yes to making the speed guidelines safer so no more accidents occur at that corner. We watched 10 days in the Valley and enjoyed it. It was a while ago so I dont remember is there a sequel to follow? Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing and stress free. And you are quite right now that I come to think of it. I was *never* a jewelry person either until my dh came along and started showering me with beautiful bling. He created a blingaholic.8-) It's all our DHs fault...:cheeky:

@Sandeek hey there, hope you are having a good weekend. Thinking of you and sending you (((hugs))).

@junebug17 hope you are having a wonderful vacation away at the beach and everyone is enjoying themselves there. Sending you love and hugs and SirTommy says meow to sweet Zoe. He's smitten by her but who wouldn't be? She is a sweet baby.

We enjoyed a nice long beautiful bike ride yesterday. Maximizing the good weather while it is here as heat wave begins in less than 24 hours. Summer might be nearing the end this year but the weather still has quite the hold on us in the NorthEast.
Hope everyone has a wonderful FUNday Sunday. Sending hugs to you all.

Leaving you with a photo of a motorized parasailer...no boat just the parasail and motor attached. Never saw this before but gotta say I love it. Looks like so much fun and only issue is the noise. It was noisy! Sorry the photo isn't the best but we were on our bike. I did stop and get video but cannot share that here...anyway doesnt this look like a blast? I have parasailed before but the conventional way with a motorized boat pulling me. This was the first time we saw this. And it was a tandem parasail woohoo!

5C3272CE-F9B7-4336-A4B6-711F1E242EC0.jpeg

Have a great day girls!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, count me in! A spa adventure sounds wonderful. Will we meet in NH, Az, or on the high seas???! Tandem parasail...are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Welcome back, Rainwood. Beautfiul photos, I can only imagine how even more stunning the scenes were in real life. Will you now be a homebody for a while, or is there another trip in the works?

Tekate, my young friend had a root canal and a week later came down with strep throat. Does that mean strep lives in us, or do we catch it at the dentist??!!
I’m so glad the amoxicillan seems to be a good match for you. Knock out those bad bugs!
And I’m glad you are a NIRDI because there will be support every step of the way.

Austina, I can’t keep up with you. So, we are switching continents yet again. I can’t remember, are you thinking of moving here or just having a house here?

We are being blackmailed by the seller in France. My future SIL met with her yersterday and wrote to me distraught. She said unless we pay her 6500 euros she will have everything removed and hold a garge sale. Everything, down to to toilet paper holders, towel bars, all the light fixtures big and small, the doors on the built-in closets...AND the wall thermostat for the heating system! She’s very weird. He is contacting our lawyer on Monday. Unfortunately in France there is a grey area of what can be removed. I am sure it does not extend to wall thermostats, but who knows how bare bones the place could be if we don’t pay up. Will she take faucet handles, door knobs, etc.??? She is an unhappy woman on an evil mission LOL & I cannot wait to get her out of there. Drama!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

Gosh I am sorry about that @Jimmianne. How unpleasant and I hope it gets straightened out to your and your DD's satisfaction soon. Aggravation you don't need. Sending you good thoughts and good wishes for a happy resolution.

Hope @Tekate you are feeling better with each day Kate....may that amoxicillin be doing it's job right for you!

Hello @Sandeek hope you had a good weekend and have a smooth sailing week ahead.

@marcy Hope Marty has safely arrived at his destination and that you have a good Monday. May work be calm without any incidents.

We had a good ride yesterday and cannot believe how fast August is moving. SMH at how fast time goes no matter what is happening. All we can do is live in the moment and enjoy each day to the fullest.
To that end I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Off cycling soon for just a short while as it is day one of a predicted long heatwave...enjoy a cool vibe Monday.:wavey:

Sharing a scene from yesterday during our ride. There were 5 but only got 3 in this photo. OMG so sweet!
mamaandducklings.jpg.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, oh n o, another heat wave?!?!
Those ducks are adorable. The best kind of babies, too, ones that have a mother to take care of them so we can just enjoy them. Duck-aunts : )
And thanks, nobody needs aggrevation, but apparently it is in the contract for life on Earth LOL I just feel badly for my 24 year old SIL who is just learning to cope with crazy people. He takes it all to heart, while I think we are learning to let things roll off ...like water off a duck’s back, if you will.

Off to yoga. I’m in an old lady group where we lie on the mat a lot. I am a bad yogi and instead of meditating, think about painting or bling. Haha Time to reset Mildred!
Marcy, I wish Marty were closer. I would hire him as my coach. I think Crossfit might be a heck of alot better than yoga for staying strong. Has he convinced you to sign him on as your coach yet???

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s absolutely outrageous @Jimmianne , what a bunch of chisellers :angryfire: Here, you have to list what’s included in the sale, and usually anything that’s attached is deemed to be part of the fixtures and fittings. I hope you can get it sorted without too much aggravation.

We’re flying on the 12th, and yes, the plan is to move permanently as soon as it’s possible.

It rained all day yesterday, we certainly need the rain, but it was also cool. If you could send just a little warmth please @missy , that would be very nice indeed :D Hope you got your ride in before it got too warm. Had to break out long sleeves and socks today, it’s definitely autumnal.

We watched the rest of 10 days, and guessed who it was :mrgreen2:

Glad you enjoyed Alaska @rainwood we were there 2 years ago, beautiful scenery.

Hope the working week has got off to a good start @marcy and stays stress free.

Hope all the NIRDIs have had a good weekend and healing hugs to all who need them :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis! Been busy with wedding functions these past few days so I'll just jump back in...

Missy, sorry to hear about the issues with the selenium testing and I hope it all works out. Also sending good thoughts that you get the rest of your test results soon, sorry for the aggravation and expense. And I hope something can be done about the challenging bacterial situation you are dealing with. Beautiful pics of the beach! Those ducks are adorable too :love: Wow to the motorized powersail, it does look like fun but kinda scary too! I would think that's as close as a person can get to flying.

Marcy, oh no to hitting your diamond! Glad it's ok, whew. Sorry to see so much smoke where you are. Your flowers look beautiful and that is a gorgeous sunrise pic. Glad you're having fun watching Yellowstone, I am thinking about re-watching Stranger Things since I enjoyed it so much the first time.

@canuk-gal, love the pic of the sail boats, so pretty. I think by now you're probably off on your vacation and I hope you are having a fabulous time!

Austina, what a great idea for your insurance company to offer rewards for exercising, I wish plans here offered incentives like that. Thinking of you as you deal with estimates and all the other things involved with the repair, I know it's a hassle but hang in there, it will get sorted out. It would be great to get some speed resrictions in place. Too bad you're having a bit of a cold snap right now, I hope you get some warmer weather soon.

@PierreBear, sorry the morale at work continues to be low, that can be a hard thing to change and I hope things turn around soon. . And I'm so glad other things are going well for you to counteract the work issues! I feel so badly that you had such a terrible experience at the doctor's and I hope you're feeling alright. Sending hugs and comfort to you.

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry for the situation with your dd's house, how bizarre and I hope it gets resolved quickly with as little aggravation as possible. Lol to your mind wandering as you're doing yoga, the same thing happens to me ha! I was really sorry to read you had to have gum surgery and that you have been having such a tough time. I'm so glad you are on the mend and I'm sending lots of good wishes for a quick and complete recovery. How fun to be going dress shopping with dd!

@Tekate, great news about passing the amoxicillin challenge! Hopefully it will start working quickly on your infection. I'm really hoping you won't have to be on it for that long. Thinking of you.

@Sandeek, I'm really glad to hear the new ID doctor is so attentive to your case and you now feel like you're in good hands! Great news about your improved blood count too. Hoping you get better with each passing day, hugs to you.

@rainwood, welcome home!

We had a really nice time at my niece's wedding. The reception was outdoors and luckily the weather was perfect. She looked beautiful and she and her husband seem so happy. We had a fun, but also exhausting, time going to various functions over the course of 4 days - Thursday dinner at my sister's, Friday rehearsal dinner and welcome reception afterwards, Saturday wedding ceremony and reception, and a Sunday brunch. I think I'm still recovering lol. It was great to see family and friends and everyone had a wonderful time. DD did a great job as a bridesmaid and ds was there as well. They flew back to NJ for work, and dh, Zoe, and I are back in SC. (Kitty came along, and I think she liked her stay in the hotel haha!)

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Checking in real quick before my life gets really hectic. I go back to work this Wednesday, even though my friends and family think I should stay home for a bit. Those kids at school always seem to get me sick in September, especially after my being a recluse all summer. I just need to get back to some normalcy and I will save my days off for the bone graft in the winter. I’m feeling well enough. Not looking forward to working all day and then going for two hours of hyperbaric treatment afterward. That’s a long day...But I will do it.

@Tekate I was also told I would be on antibiotics for up to a year. Even after being on IV antibiotics for six weeks and having the infected bone removed. I, too, am on Amoxicillin for a month right right now until I see the dr again. I do hope you feel better and continue to tolerate the antibiotics. Also nice to have an ID dr you trust. I found it helpful to see my blood work and the progress I have made. Perhaps you can ask to see the inflammatory markers and such...Be well!

@missy The cutes duckling pictures! Love them. How much are you enjoying your new ring? Will you be resetting soon or are you enjoying the halo for a bit? I do hope you are feeling well and are closer to a diagnosis and some help. I hate that sometimes answers are so elusive. Happy that you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather we have had in the northeast. Now we sweat it out again! A spa weekend sounds great if I can get away! I feel robbed of my summer this year as we had to cancel our vacation. Thank you for your continued well wishes and thoughts. Much appreciated!

@marcy wow I am so sorry about the smoke you have around! That’s awful and dangerous as well. I love your flower and sunset pictures. You live in beautiful country that’s for sure.

@Jimmianne That is ludicrous that the owner is blackmailing you over things that most certainly should be ‘part’ of the home. Maybe some light fixtures can go with them, replaced by something else but the thermostats? Nope. I hope this gets resolved quickly and they get out of your house soon! Good luck!

@Austina Are you moving to the states to be with your son? How exciting if so! You must miss him terribly. How is Bella? She is so beautiful! I would be staring all day! The cool weather must feel refreshing after the heat you had...

@junebug17 Thank you for thinking of me. So happy you enjoyed your nieces’ wedding festivities. I haven’t been to a wedding in quite some time. Now that my DS is engaged, we will have one soon. I think things are very different from when hubby and I eloped 30 years ago lol.

Ok ladies, forgive me if I just follow along quietly as school starts. It takes a little time to reboot and find some time for myself, especially this year when I have to add in all the dr appts and hyperbaric. But my heart is with you all and I thank you for welcoming me with open arms. ((Hugs)) and kisses to all the NIRDIs. :kiss2:

Here are some flowers from my garden from me to you all,
75FC5035-AD43-48A2-B5E6-E4AC26922298.jpeg 7697EDFC-38ED-4B94-95EB-A6577AE2EC6A.jpeg

And my pooch who is 15 and very sadly acting very old lately. :(

BA484181-1152-4867-9BC6-6023D645BFAF.jpeg

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I just saw an article that was titled “it turns out people with money are happier”. I didn’t read the article since I didn’t think it would tell me anything I didn’t already know. As you say money can at least make life easier. Marty pretty much started my current bling buying; he was the one who said - don’t you want a bigger and nicer diamond? That led to my first AGS0 diamond; an E VS1 .50 carat. I was HOOKED. I am glad you got in a nice bike ride. I am glad you are having nice weather. Wyoming, Montana and Idaho are getting snow in some places tonight; up to 8” at 9000 feet or higher. The parasailer looks like they are having fun. Marty did arrive safely in LA, thanks. Work was okay or at least typical. I love the cute little ducks.

Jimmianne, what a stinking mess you guys are in over the house. How awful to try and deal with it from afar, I hope your SIL can get things straightened out. I hope you had fun at yoga. So you are thinking of a new setting for Mildred? Fun. Marty is sure convinced his strength training is the best way to go. He has not convinced me to get a lesson yet but my knees convinced me to do some quad flexes and leg lifts today. I need to get busy on something.

Austina, you are headed to Texas again? How soon do you think you’ll be able to move here? My first WTH moment at work was about 35 minutes after I arrived. My most challenging employee was claiming I didn’t explain to her how to handle something for Friday night; I sent out an email to everyone, I went in the room immediately afterwards and explained it and called attention to her about it since she was on call and if she’d followed procedure she would have been fine so instead of fighting with her I said - you are right I didn’t explain it well. Funny thing was another lady in the room pointed out I sent out an email about it and one of my employees told me later that I shouldn’t have said it was my fault. As I told him; I gave her a carrot. She is such a nasty, negative person.

Junebug, the wedding sounds like a very nice time and how fun to catch up with everyone. Thank you for the kind words about my flowers and sunrise. Good idea to watch Stranger Things again, I’ll have to check out it. I don’t like reality shows and that seems to be most of what’s on TV anymore.

Sandeek, your flowers and garden are gorgeous and your pooch is adorable. Good luck going back to work and hopefully you don’t get sick from those little petri dishes. You will have very long days. Thank you for liking my flowers and sunrise pictures. Take care of yourself and rest when you can.

i got a haircut after work. This is the second time I’ve gone to this lady and I really like how she cut my hair this time; she got my request for “layers”. Sadly then she tells me she’s quitting on Saturday. She apparently is moving to a salon downtown in an area that has horrible parking. Maybe if I decide I like my haircut I can have Marty drop me off and pick me up. I stopped and had a waffle for supper then headed home. I got the repair bill for the dishwasher; it’s only $139. That’s way cheaper then I expected. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Heat indices predicted in the 110s today. That is hot. Gonna need some of this later
fireman1.gif

@junebug17 so happy you all enjoyed a wonderful time at the wedding! And haha love that your brought Princess Zoe to the hotel with you! That is exactly what we would do if we didn't have 4 kitties that is.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Enjoy the rest of your time in SC and hope you are relaxing and just chilling (haha see what I did there) out.
36_1_69.gif

@marcy I am glad you got a nice haircut but I am sorry your hairdresser is leaving. It is hard to find someone you click with (shears and all) I would definitely travel to see someone who was good at cutting my hair even if in a less than good area for parking. I like the idea of Marty dropping you off to take care of the parking issue. Glad the dishwasher is fixed and at a sweet price too. Not surprised about that article. Money makes life easier in almost every way. But if I had to choose love over money there is no question what I (and all of you I am sure) would choose. Love>>>>>>>>Money but Love+Money+Health=priceless. :cool2:

my first AGS0 diamond; an E VS1 .50 carat. I was HOOKED
I can see why you would be. Those are dream specs Marcy. You are an E (excellent, exemplary, elegant, enigmatic, etc) girl no doubt!:love:

@Sandeek aww your precious pup is so sweet. I feel your sadness about our furbabies getting older. Fred is around 16 and he has trouble getting about and breathing and it is upsetting. The past week he has gone outside the litter box every single day for 5 days in a row and we were about to make the long drive to my sister's practice this week but since we put an open litter box in the living room he started using that for now. So we will wait. For us now I know most likely we don't have much longer with him. I am resigned to reality and am heartbroken that the years with him have gone so fast. It brings up old heartbreaks that are never fully gone. Loss of our dear sweet Butch in 2002 (from an aggressive cancer) the loss of our sweet darling Billy in 2009 (Butch's brother) from diabetes and the ensuing heart disease and kidney disease and liver disease and the loss of our first cat and first rescue Buster. The first cat I ever got when I finished school and moved to Park Slope in 1992. It brings all that sadness and heartache back with a renewed strength. And of course the loss and too early death of my beloved grandma in 1992. It all comes rushing back to me as if it were yesterday. Sorry to bring up such sadness but it helps me to share how I am feeling and reading your post was poignant and sweet and sad and I just want to send you lots of (((HUGS))) and love. May your sweet pup continue to live well and long and be healthy.

Good luck going back to work tomorrow! How exciting and I hope you love being back to work and may the energy you get from others be healing and fulfilling. Normalcy is good!

I am loving my ring so much. Not wearing her much these past few weeks as we are so lucky to be able to cycle every day almost. But when not cycling and out I am wearing her. And yesterday a PSer asked for more pics so I took her out after cycling and took more pics. I am very obliging when it comes to bling and photos.:halo: She almost cannot take a bad photo and that is saying a lot from me. Queen of the sucky photos.:lol: And by the way your photos rock. Love those flower pics you took. Colorlicious. And the photo of your pup well is a perfect photo. Looks like a TV pup. Perfect in every way. Just want to hug your baby so much.
biggyhug.gif

And thank you. I appreciate all your good wishes too. XO.

@Austina I want to send some of our heat your way. Concentrating really hard now...heat outgoing.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

I cannot wait for you to move here permanently. I am keeping everything crossed for you that it goes easily and it works out well. And OMG you and @PierreBear will live close to each other. Lucky ducks! Speaking of which we came across more ducks and ducklings yesterday and it was deer day yesterday too. We saw so many deer while cycling. Got some pics for you lovely ladies.

@Tekate Hugs to you girl. Hope your week is going well and I am thinking of you and sending more healing vibes and love your way too.
hugs000001.gif

Had a lovely cycling day and then enjoyed a nice long chat with one of my dear NIRDIS and then took some Bubbalah pics for another PSer. All in all a good day. During our cycling yesterday lots of wildlife and I got some in action pics. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day all! (((Hugs))). Off cycling very soon as today is going to be boiling hot. Must get back before 11AM for sure today.

deerinsandyhook.jpg.png

deersandyhook.jpeg.png

Such majestic animals in every way. Their big doe expressive eyes, their graceful stature and the beautiful artful way they move. Just love them so much.:kiss2:

Attachments

• deerinsandyhook.jpg.png
    deerinsandyhook.jpg.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina,
In any event, the seller’s lawyer was very upset with her for trying to sell us things that are already included in the sale.
I had to laugh. My SIL said that we had better buy the alarm system from her because we might need it to keep her from “breaking in and holding us up”. The thought of being held up by a portly 75 year old matron...Yep, in this case I can see it. LOL
Tempest in a teapot, really, but aren’t those the things that drive us mad!!?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek Well, back to work, you take it easy, I'm older than you (not that I want to be ;-) ) and I find it hard to not get really tired by 3:00 pm. so you take it easy. Get a flu shot if you get them, you never know. My ID doc is nice, she is from Bosnia ?? Poland? somewhere and she sounds like a gypsy and she is sympathetic.. she is sending me for blood tests. My oral surgeon, whom I see this Friday to get the latest stitches out :), said he'd seen much worse cases than mine :) that is good I guess. I never needed home infused antibiotics, and as far as I know, I don't need any bone or gum transplants. Dr. BigHead (new name for OS) said he may have to clean 'out' my jaw another 2x maybe.. yay! yahoo.

Truthfully and sincerely dear girl, your case was really much tougher and I hate my case.. I know what you mean about getting some normalcy in your life, doctors, doctors and more doctors.. I send you good vibes girl for tomorrow and always. Soon we will be just talking good news on jewelry, ogling Missy's new ring or MrsBs.. or Austina's.. good times.. Sending you a hug, since I'm somewhat a chubby lady that is a BIG hug.

xoxoxo Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy love you girlie, great pix, thank you for your support.. I am sooo lucky to know you and all my friends here. I think money makes life mucho easier and therefore makes one happier in general, it is not a panacea for all ills but when one can buy food, eat out, have a nice home, send the kids/family/etc a few bucks, and go on great vaKates (that is what we call them here -) ) we consider ourselves rich in luck, love, happiness and I'm working on bling girl! I love your new ring.. I love the setting and as I said, I'm not much of a halo chick, but this halo is different, (gIVE iT tO mE!!! ;-)

@Jimmianne one time my younger son had strep throat 4x in 3 months and we all (fam) had to be tested to see if we were Strep carriers, none of us came up as a carrier, but my doctor did explain that we ALL have staph in our noses, strep in our throats, and we also have these weird bacteria that don't do nada till they find an opening (like my osteomyelitis caused by actinmyocytes) it's possible that he was going to get strep anyway and it was a coinky dink..not sure I hope it wasn't from any of the tools used by the doc.. that would be baaaad.

@Austina are you building/buying in Austin? are you moving to US permanently? I need to read more sorry :(

@marcy Good news you found a stylist you like! it's sometimes very very hard to find one .. employee sounds like a real dick (can we say this?) next time emphasize this: "YOU" ... she'll get it. as you said quite well, there is always one wanker in a group. (I could have been one, but NOT! ;-) )

@PierreBear are you in Austin? well my son lives in Cedar Park! I am sure at some point we all could meet for coffee! (tea, booze, food!!!! Austin Food! god I miss it)..

@rainwood great pix!!!!! WB lady!

@junebug17 sending you good and happy Tuesday thoughts!

everyone have a great week and thank you all again for your kind thoughts, vibes, dust and just plain caring!

Kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’ve just got back from the cinema (my weekly freebie ticket) - honestly, if it hadn’t been free, we wouldn’t have bothered. We saw The Spy Who Dumped Me - utter dross! :lol:

So glad the wedding went well @junebug17 and the weather cooperated for your niece. Did you wear your blue dress in the end? :D To Zoe’s vaCATion too, what a good girl. Hope you’re enjoying some good weather in SC and generally chillaxing.

What a little cutie Poo @Sandeek , I hate it when they get old, but we do our best to give them the best life possible, and hope they’re with us for as long as possible. Please don’t overdo it when you start back at work, you’ve been through such an ordeal, and are still going through it, it’s a lot to deal with.

The plan is to move to the US as soon as it’s possible, our son is intending to become a citizen, and once he is, we can apply for a visa (as long as the current immigration laws don’t change).

Your garden is looking lovely. Bella is going everywhere with me, I can’t describe the pleasure I get from wearing her and knowing she’s mine. :love:

No need to apologise @Tekate, it’s going to be quite a logistical nightmare when the time to (hopefully) moves come. It would be nice to get a new house and choose the finishes, but I think it unlikely it will work out that way. We’ll be looking in the Bee Cave/Lakeway area to be as close to our son as possible, ideally we’d like to find a house on the development where he lives. It’d be easier for him when we’re older, not to have to travel too far to check on us. It’s too much of a risk to buy before we get a visa, and of course, we’d want to sell our house here in advance of the move. So if/when it happens, we’ll probably be staying with him for a couple of months until we find a house. Hopefully before the container arrives!

Wouldn’t that be great to all meet up in Tx one of these days?

The first thing we ALWAYS do when we move @Jimmianne is to change all the locks. Sounds like it might be prudent, bearing in mind how odd your seller is. I’m glad that her lawyer is aware of her ridiculous demands, and the situation is sorted.

Are you really going to reset Mildred, FWIW I think she’s perfect in her current setting?

Marty sounds like the perfect guy @marcy, any man who actively encourages his love to go bigger and better is a keeper :mrgreen2: Argh to your hairdresser leaving, but sounds like you have a plan to keep seeing her. I’m so desperate for a hair cut, this is the longest I’ve gone between cuts in forever. It comes to something when I have to time my appts to fit in with trips.

Is this woman the same one you had problems with a little while ago? Why can’t she accept responsibility for her own incompetence? :rolleyes:

What beautiful deer @missy we used to see them regularly where we lived before. Unfortunately, they carry ticks, so we try to keep away from areas where they’re prevalent, as I won’t use chemical preventives on Dottie. I use diatomaceous earth as a wormer, which can also be used as a flea/tick treatment.

Hope you’re managing to stay cool in the heat, it’s much milder today, I think it’s 18-20 deg C which suits me fine.

The only time Bella isn’t on my hand is when I’m asleep, showering, cooking or cleaning, otherwise, wherever I go, she goes :lol: She’ll soon be going back across the Atlantic to visit Texas. I’m sure she’ll feel quite at home, everything is big in Texas, right? ;)2 Can’t wait to introduce her to PierreBear.

Window cleaner coming tomorrow and we have to go out and buy the masonry paint and wood stain, the painter’s coming next week.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella is going everywhere with me, I can’t describe the pleasure I get from wearing her and knowing she’s mine. :love:

The only time Bella isn’t on my hand is when I’m asleep, showering, cooking or cleaning, otherwise, wherever I go, she goes :lol: She’ll soon be going back across the Atlantic to visit Texas. I’m sure she’ll feel quite at home, everything is big in Texas, right? ;)2 Can’t wait to introduce her to PierreBear.

@Austina it makes me so happy knowing how much you adore and enjoy Bella!:kiss2: And haha yes and then you must bring @PierreBear here for a visit and we will all visit Adam and I bet we might come away with a few more trinkets...:lol:

Good luck with the window cleaner tomorrow. It's so nice having clean windows. Exciting that the painting is happening next week

@missy love you girlie, great pix, thank you for your support.. I am sooo lucky to know you and all my friends here. I think money makes life mucho easier and therefore makes one happier in general, it is not a panacea for all ills but when one can buy food, eat out, have a nice home, send the kids/family/etc a few bucks, and go on great vaKates (that is what we call them here -) ) we consider ourselves rich in luck, love, happiness and I'm working on bling girl! I love your new ring.. I love the setting and as I said, I'm not much of a halo chick, but this halo is different, (gIVE iT tO mE!!! ;-)

Aww Kate, I love you too. Truly. Your heart is so warm and kind and loving and pure and you embody the best of humankind. And I am not just saying that because you love Bubbalah plus setting. I promise.:bigsmile: Thinking of you every day and sending healing hugs your way. XOXO.
And let's do a NIRDI GTG in NYC when you are feeling better. I know you have relatives here and have mentioned it before. Looking forward to the day you are feeling much much better. And @Sandeek you too! I think you do not live far...

@Jimmianne how did yoga go yesterday?

It was HOT today but we managed to cycle 30 miles so not bad. I will take what I can get.:sun:

From our ride today...even the ducks were hot.
ducks.jpg.png

ducks.jpeg.png

Greg's now working on a new feral feeder as the old one has taken quite the beating from our harsh weather. He is making it new and improved and hopefully better for the feral kitties. He spent lots of time getting all the materials at Home Depot. He is in heaven right now.:halo::lol:

feederinprogress.jpg.png

catfeederinprogress.jpg.png

Have a lovely rest of the day girls! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya everyone!

Missy, it must be so amazing to look down at your finger and see that gorgeous diamond! I agree, that rock cannot take a bad picture. I'm really happy it's bringing you so much joy. And how great that you and Greg are getting some cycling in in spite of the heat. Love the pics of the deer, they are such sweet and gentle creatures. Sweet pics of the ducks. The new feral feeder Greg is building looks great! He is doing a great job, it's wonderful he is doing this for the kitties.

Keeping sweet Fred in my thoughts. Good idea to move the litter box and I hope he continues to do ok. I'm so sorry he's been struggling a bit, sending hugs and comforting thoughts to you.

Sandeek, I get what you're saying about wanting to return to normalcy, very understandable after the summer you've had! Please take care of yourself though, and rest as much as possible. You've been through a lot and you are still recovering and healing, so please go easy on yourself. I hadn't been to a wedding in years either, and this past year I've attended 3 lol - we have friends and family who have kids in their 20's so probably several more coming up. Your flowers are gorgeous! And your doggie is an absolute sweetie :love: I know it's really hard to see our pets aging, (((hugs)))

Marcy, I knew there was a reason why I liked Marty so much lol! So sweet that it was his idea to get a bigger diamond. I'm sorry your employee was so difficult, but sometimes you have to pick your battles so I get why you didn't make a big thing of it. Ugh, it stinks that your hairdresser is relocating, having Marty take you is a good idea though. Wow, great news that the repair wasn't expensive, a pleasant surprise for sure.

Austina, Bella is so gorgeous and I am really happy she is bringing you so much happiness. I'll bet you don't want to take her off at night! The excitement over a new diamond is such a great feeling.

Jimmianne, so glad that the situation has been taken care of, it's a shame your sil had to deal with that woman and her odd behavior.

Tekate, Sending lots of good wishes that the antibiotic starts doing its job. Thinking of you.

Not much going on here, weather is good so we're just enjoying some time outside. Dh is on a conference call right now, even though he's on vacation...hmmm :roll Would like to see him get at least a little break from work but I guess he'd be upset if something happened at work he wasn't aware of.

Here are a few pics to show what it's like here. Very lush and tropical, and off the beaten path. Some people would find it boring I guess but dh and I like the peace and quiet! (I wasn't driving!)

AF1D32C9-D809-4005-AFC2-AFE835ADD597.jpeg 8288EAAD-8BDF-4AC2-907A-F486184C1C4F.jpeg 31DEDA3C-020D-4EE6-A8DC-D80865845013.jpeg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@junebug17 it looks absolutely idyllic, the perfect getaway. Hope DH isn’t bothered too much by work so that you can enjoy the peace and tranquility.

Greg is such a clever sausage @missy, that feeder looks positively palatial :D No wonder the ferals love visiting your place. Hope it wasn’t too hot today and you were able to get out cycling.

Honestly, every morning when I open the box, my heart skips a beat- I don’t think I’ll ever not feel like that when I look at Bella. :love:

We got out and got all the paint and woodstain that Richard will need next week, so we’re all set for Monday.

Hope all the NIRDIS are having a good day :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy yes when I get a bit better I definitely plan on coming down!!! you are such a good person :) :) ((((MISSY))))) :) the new food

@Austina love both places Austina... Bee Caves is lovely and Lakeway is also quite beautiful.. we have friends in both towns.. As you know, it will be a big change in weather for you, great thing is everyone has a pool, or access to a community pool! If we move back a pool is part of the deal.. Our son is in Cedar Park and works downtown so just about anywhere in North Austin, NW Austin, Cedar Park area would be great for us.. time will tell if we go back.. :) I was going to go to Austin in late Sept/early Oct but due to the mouth situation and time I'm going to miss that visit but I am planning one in November! and YES we will meet in Austin once you get your visa and move!!! (and I can see your Belle!!!!!!) dang between Bubbalah and Belle I'll be in heaven!

@missy the feral feeder is coming along beautiful..

@junebug17 thank you Junebug! every day I feel a bit better and I appreciate your good thoughts!!

Going to read my book and get some sleep soon! good night everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, 110 degrees? Holy hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk. I hope you managed to stay cool. Which should be easy for you because of course you’re “Cool”. That first diamond was awesome, I wish I’d kept it for a pendant but it was traded in for a .75 carat G GIAXXX; I hated that diamond. I was back looking for an AGS0 within a month. My heart breaks for you and Sandeek and all of you ladies for dealing with saying goodbye to your beloved pets. I am delighted to hear you love Bubbalah ring so much. I can see why. Glad you are getting some cycling in despite the heat wave. Cute deer. The new feral feeder looks awesome.

Jimmianne, it sounds like things arre getting worked out with the seller. I sure hope so. I see Austina suggested changing the locks; I was going to offer that suggestion as well.

Tekate, oh no for more blood tests. Good luck getting your stitches out on Friday. That employee challenges me every day. One of my managerial classes this summer had us take the DISC personality test and based on that class I think she is belongs to the group that likes to socialize more than work and doesn’t want to bother with rules or detail.

Austina, yay for free tickets. That is why I wait until movies come out on PPV; I get them free. I hope your son’s citizenship process goes smoothly and then you can follow along quickly as well. Marty is a keeper; we are both spenders though which probably isn’t always a good thing. We were joking one time - it’s not a contest. I hope you get a haircut soon. It’s funny how just all of a sudden your hair needs cut. Yes, that is the same employee who always makes me earn my keep. Today I got her to admit “maybe I wasn’t listening when you told us about it.” I pulled a report they use and asked her - is there any way I could make this report more clear for you guys so there isn’t any confusion the next time? How is the gate fiasco coming along? I am glad you are loving Bella and get to show it off to PierreBear soon.

Junebug, Marty party wishes he hadn’t started me down the path of upgrading; too late now. Of course having him tag along with me to all those jewelry stores began his watch collection so I guess I have to take the blame for that. I am trying to find ways to get along better with that employee and also keep my boss less aware of small problems. He thinks everything is a travesty. i was pleasantly surprised at the repair bill for the dishwasher; I was guessing more in the $300 range for a new motor plus labor. Beautiful pictures; Marty would love that golf course. It makes me wish I was back at the beach in SC.

Not much exciting going on today. i had supper with a friend last night and her family. It was fun hearing her kids talk about their first day of school. Her dad was there so the 3 of us played cribbage after supper. Her dad polished off over a half bottle of wine then asked if he could take my car for a drive. I said no. He then asked if he could drive it sometime when he hasn’t been drinking. I said maybe. I did offer to take him for a ride. Strange. My friend made my chocolate chip cookie recipe for dessert; I didn’t want to ask but something she uses is different than what I ues. I am guessing she uses shortening instead of butter. They taste okay just not like how mine come out. I took some of my lazy sugar cookies so we had plenty of dessert.

I stopped to have some tacos for supper then ent by the cemetery. I think I’ll read until I go to bed.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

I am looking forward to 3 pm tomorrow; I'll be racing home to begin a long weekend. Woo hoo! Hopefully all the police will be watching school zones and ignoring my route home. I had a junior cheeseburger for supper and a fresh peach. The peach was delicious. Marty should get home very late tonight. I'll leave a rabbit and bear by the door to greet him. :lol:

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Junebug: your photos are gorgeous!!! They make me feel calm.:))

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The weather has been great these last 2 days, sunny and warm.

Hope you manage to get away on time @marcy, so you can get on enjoying the long weekend. Do you have any plans?

:-o To your friends Dad asking to take your car for a spin, I would have absolutely said no way. Yay to your dishwasher repair not costing the earth, usually anything to do with appliances is expensive.

Hopefully one of these days, we’ll be in Austin at the same time @Tekate and can meet up. Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better, long may it continue.

Hope all of the precious NIRDIs are ok, sending good thoughts to each and everyone of you. xxx

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Tekate, sending good thoughts that the removal of your stitches goes well, take care.

Austina, glad you are having some nice weather, enjoy your weekend!

Marcy, lol to your responses to your friend's father wanting to drive your car...after drinking no less, omg. I guess he thought you'd say yes to that one haha. Glad you had such a nice time with your friend and her kids, fun way to pass an evening. Yay to Marty coming home and to a long weekend!

Sharon, hope you're having a great time, and getting a chance to unwind.

Thanks all for the nice comments about my pics. Weather continues to be good, and hot! Not doing too much, just enjoying some time by the pool. My sister and her husband are here now so we've been meeting up with them.

Take care everyone! Xxx

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 thank you so much June!! stitches out, on amoxicillin and hopefully things will continue to improve.

@Austina Austin or NYC :) thank you for your kind thoughts. Glad to read about good weather, we had a great day here in Maine but hot weather is coming back :(

to all NIRDIs, happy Friday and here's to a happy weekend for all and for Americans, safe and fun Labor Day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy September 1st! Happy Labor Day weekend to all who celebrate and happy weekend to everyone!

@junebug17 love the photos! So glad your weather is nice and that your sister and dh are enjoying time with you. Any wedding photos you can share? I am a sucker for weddings. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend holiday! XO

@marcy we get an early start most days so though it is hot cycling by the sea makes it less so and we are doing pretty good re mileage. Past 2400 miles now and with this bike (much slower and heavier and harder to pedal uphill) that is a lot of miles. My goal of course is to hit 3k with this bike this year but it really depends on weather and Greg's work schedule. So we will see but I am pleased with how much cycling we have done this season.

Haha of course your chocolate chip cookies are the best. I am not surprised. Shortening or butter the fact you make yours with love is what makes them so darn tasty. And re upgrading I think I am finally done. Woohoo. I hope those words do not come back to bite me but I love Bubbalah so much and she is the *perfect* OEC for me. I am finally satiated re my old cut ER diamond. :appl:

Hope Marty's homecoming was joyous and that you have a great holiday weekend. Woohoo 3 full days off from the crazy work place. You deserve it and have a blast. (((Hugs))).

@Austina so exciting you are moving here eventually and I know Adam is thrilled you are moving closer. It is hard to have one's family so far away. It is one of the reasons Greg and I are still in NYC because I don't want to leave my mom and dad and sister and nieces. You know how happy and thrilled I am for how much you adore Bella. When we get together again we must take a photo shoot of Bella and Bubbalah...I am sure they will get along like old best friends.:kiss2: Thank you for all your good thoughts and wishes. Truly appreciate them. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne congrats on the dental work being complete and coming through it like a trooper. You rock girl. Safe flight to France and sending you lots of hugs and safe travel dust. XO.

@Tekate hello dear girl, how are you doing? Are you feeling significantly better with each day/week? Thinking of you every day and hope life is getting easier and more fun for you. So very much looking forward to the day we get to meet IRL. (((Hugs))). And thank you for the feral feeder compliments. It is coming along in between our cycling.

@Sandeek I imagine you are getting ready and all prepped for going back to work this coming week. Keeping good thoughts for you and I have a feeling it will feel great to be out and about and working. When one has gone through such a challenging ordeal as you have doing what others might think of as mundane activities and tasks is really quite wonderful and exhilarating. And IMO only people who have been through extreme challenges can really get that. We are all rooting for you and sending good luck and positive energy vibes your way. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal hope this post finds you well Sharon. And that your mom and sister are also feeling well and making strides. Happy weekend sweet girl. XO.

We have my girlfriend's surprise 60th birthday party tonight. I bought her a bike helmet in her favorite color (blue!) and hope she enjoys it.
We have had a rather busy week and sorry I haven't been able to check in here before today. But I am always thinking of you ladies know that and thank you for all your good wishes on and off line. And a special thank you to a dear NIRDI who connected me with a physician who was very helpful. You are all such dears and my heart goes out to each and everyone of you. You are all so special to me and I appreciate each and every single one of you who has and continues to stick with me and be on my side rooting for me. And right back at each and everyone of you. Love you girls and sending so many heartfelt good wishes and love and positive energy your way too.

Pepsi-the feral we neutered 2 years ago keeps popping by to say hi.:kiss2:

pepsi.jpg.png

The feral feeder progress so far...

feralfeederprogress.jpg.png

and the sky last night. Just love the pinks and blues nature creates. Nothing more lovely.

clouds.jpg.png

Have a wonderful day girls!:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hope you’re all having a great weekend.

@Jimmianne glad your DD has found her perfect wedding dress, would love to see photos/pictures if possible.

It’s a date @Tekate one of these days we’ll be in Tx at the same time :appl:

Hope you’ve been enjoying your time with your family @junebug17 and it hasn’t been too hot for you to be outside by the pool.

No wonder you had leftovers from your meal @marcy , it was huge :-o :lol:

Aww what a little sweetie Pepsi is @missy, it must be such a good feeling to know she’s safe and well.

Nature is such a wonderful thing, the colour of those clouds is amazing.

I hope your friend enjoyed her surprise party, did you have a good time?

We had a busy day yesterday, took Dottie out and met a couple who live nearby who also have a Spinone, so chatted with them for a while. Then I had cleaning and cooking to do, we had friends over for dinner last night.

Lots of leftovers so no cooking today :dance:

Continuing to keep all of you experiencing difficult times with health issues in mind, and sending healing thoughts your way xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s. Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Sharon, how was your vacation?

Austina, I did leave work at 3 pm on Friday. Marty had no idea I was coming home early so I heard him say over the intercom - are you home already or do we have big rats upstairs? What a funny man he thinks he is. I was telling Marty about that guy asking to drive me car and he interrupted me before I was done asking me if I started my reply with “hell no!”. Glad to hear you are having some nice weather. Wasn’t that chicken fried steak huge? I have 2 lunches leftover from it. Nice that you had company for dinner with leftovers for today. What did you cook? Did you show off Bella?

Junebug, I have never really cared for my friend’s dad; things like that just reinforce my opinion of him. I’d ask for a ride in someone’s car if I really was interested in one but that’s about all. I am glad you are enjoying some time with the family. My pictures from SC 2 years ago keep coming up on Facebook as memories; I do so enjoy the beach.

Tekate, good deal your stitches are out. I hope you have a good weekend and see some improvement.

Missy, yes the sea does cool things off. When we were in Pebble Beach it was down right cold by the ocean. I had some of those stretchy gloves in my purse and sure pulled them out the first day. We picked up a blanket for me to use in the golf cart too. Woo hoo to 2400 miles this year on your bike. That is a lot of miles; I hope you reach that 3000 mile goal. I can see why Bubbalah is your final upgrade but then again never say never, right? Bubbalah if gorgeous. I did brew up some chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. I saved out 3 for each of us tonight. The rest are in the freezer. I am glad you connected with a physician that was helpful; I keep you in my thoughts all the time. How nice to get your friend a bike helmet. Hi Pepsi, how nice to stop by and say hi. The new feral house looks great and I love the sunset picture. Very pretty.

We’ve been lazy this weekend. We watched all 8 episodes of Jack Ryan on Prime. Marty has been playing golf in the afternoon. I finished the 3rd in a series of 4 books and started the last one today. We went grocery shopping this morning. We decided on sdhizcabobs tomorrow. We picked up chicken, steak, mini potatoes, peppers, corn and pineapple to grill tomorrow. I hope we’ll have leftovers too. I had to work for about an hour yesterday. My on call employee (yes that one) sent me a text today because she was paged to do something she isn’t very knowledgable about. I think she wanted me to say “oh I’ll do it”. I didn’t. I referred her to her procedure manual and never heard from her again. Shocking!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Labor Day!

@Austina we had a lovely time and are only sorry we couldn't go to both parties that were the same night. They were located an hour plus away and there was no way we could make both but our other friends whose party we couldn't make understood and we went to the one we were invited to first plus it was my girlfriend's 60th so we couldn't miss that.

Did you enjoy having your friends over the other night? Glad you got to chat with the couple who have a Spinone...does Dottie like the company of their Spinone and do they have play dates?

It's getting quite warm here starting today and continuing much of the week. Summer is still making its presence known.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

@marcy hello woohoo it's Monday but you are not working (I hope). Sorry you had to work an hour yesterday and glad you didn't get roped into doing the whole thing and hopefully today is "Labor" free. Happy Labor Day. Sigh, your chocolate chip cookies right from the freezer sounds divine. And yummy. 3 only. What self control. :lickout: Glad Marty is enjoying golf. Never watched or read Jack Ryan. Do you recommend the series? We are watching Ozark Season 2 on Netflix. Recommend it despite some violence. I just look away when it gets violent. It's a good story. We are expecting to reach over 2500 miles cycling (for the season so far) today woohoo.

@Tekate thanks for all your lovely compliments. Hope you are having a wonderful long weekend and feeling good.

@Sandeek hope you are relaxing and getting ready for work and feeling well and energized and excited to get back.

@junebug17 hope you are having a good time with your family enjoying the beach house. So wonderful and peaceful and being by the sea is truly energizing.

@canuk-gal hope you're having a blast on vacation.

Greg has made progress on the feral feeder. It even has a dormer. Fancy.8)

feralfeederinprogress.jpg.png

feralfeederinprogress.jpeg.png

And a beach scene from yesterday as we were cycling. Avon by the sea. Quintessential summer beach scene.

avonbythesea.jpg.png

and from the party the other night a quick photo during the festivities.

missyandgreglabordaysaturday.jpg.png

Hope everyone is having a lazy relaxing Labor Day weekend, staying cool and enjoying the last few weeks of summer.
Safe travels to all who are traveling.
Have fun!:wavey:

Kitties sure know how to relax don't they lol. This is how you do it!

tommyrelaxing.jpg.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results