carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well I’ll get the bad news out of the way first. The damage is far worse than we thought. The gate man came and said the gates are a right off. One is so badly damaged it’s irreparable, and because they were custom, it’s not possible to get a replacement. Because of the force of the impact, he feels sure that the motors were damaged, and we need new because of the possibility they could go at any time. On top of that, the brick pillars have also sustained damage, they house the big metal supports that the gates are anchored on, so the brick pillars will have to come down and be rebuilt. The only good news is that we’ve checked the original documents for the works and it seems the same bricks are still available.

I rang the insurance company this morning, we can claim on our insurance BUT of course, this will seriously harm our future premiums and we’ll have to pay the policy excess.

I also rang the insurance company of the driver whose car ultimately caused the damage, even though we don’t believe it was her fault. They’ve told us to get a report and quote and submit it to them for consideration. We’re pretty sure that once they see the size of the bill, they’re going to start haggling. This is probably going to take months to resolve. :(2 Meanwhile, the gates have been decommissioned, so are unusable.

Glad you’re enjoying your time in SC @junebug17 it’s sounds idyllic. I’m sure your sister is mad busy with the wedding so close. Have you decided which dress you’ll wear yet? Great that your DD &DS will be there soon.

Thanks @Tekate , how’re you feeling, any improvement?

Wow, that emerald is gorgeous @missy :love: and the dragonfly is lovely. Naughty Francesca trying to steal Bubbalah :lol: glad to hear Tommy is better, the pups often had the odd day when they’d be unwell, worried us half to death, and next day, got up totally fine. Hope you enjoyed a good ride today.

Glad that things are stable ATM on the work front for Marty, eases the worry for a while. Sounds like autumn is kicking in where you are, just hope the hail stays away. Ugh to websites like that, it’s so frustrating when you can’t just go back then continue.

Wow @Jimmianne your artwork is amazing. Glad DD got the car sorted, Hondas have a good reputation for reliability.

Continuing to send healing thoughts to our lovely NIRDIs in need.

I’m really tired, I’ve been awake since 3am so I think an early night is on the cards.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIrdis!

Missy, good news about Sir Tommy! And LOL to HRH trying to swat Bubbalah! Francesca is one pretty kitty, that's for sure. :love: Speaking of pretty, that emerald ring is SO up my alley! Omigosh it's gorgeous and checks all my boxes - gorgeous big green emerald and really big halo :P2 Thank you for the eye candy! I hope you and Greg had a wonderful time, and I hope you're enjoying your day at the beach.

Austina, oh no to all the damage, I am so sorry. I know these kinds of things are just so frustating and such an annoyance. Hang in there and take it one day at a time, it will all eventually get straightened out. And just gaze at your gorgeous new diamond whenever you start feeling stressed, I guarrantee you will become completely distracted! :D Hope you had a good night's sleep and are feeling better.

Marcy, you're right, if it's a really good book I force myself to stay awake too, so it kind of defeats the purpose lol! Dh watches golf without the sound to fall back asleep LOL. I'm hoping your work week is off to a good start.

Sending love and healing vibes to all the nirdis struggling with health issues, I'm thinking of you all and hoping everyone is feeling ok.

Having good weather here, but it's pretty hot! Went on a short bike ride and started melting lol. Zoe is having a good time looking out the window ha!

08FCDE3E-E606-4079-901D-62821D7C81C7.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JuneB--Zoe is so cute!!! Good lord such a sweetie. Try not to melt--but enjoy your vacay!

Missy--please sign up HRH for the NHL--she looks to have a wicked slap shot!!

Austina--honestly, what a mess. Sorry for your troubles--luckily no one was hurt b/c those sound like dangerous accident details!!

Counting down the days til we go away--us for a short time and my son for a longer foray (work). Did some packing today, always SO exciting. Took my lala's to the bank vault, I'll just wear costume jewellery. I rather like my paste--no worries!!

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy @Tekate and all of you lovely NIRDIs thank you for you’re continued thoughts. ((Hugs)) How are you doing @Tekate ?

Love reading along to see what everyone’s is up to.
Missy, that medical show sounds intriguing, but you may be right, it might be too close for comfort. Though a good show enjoyed with some wonderful ladies sounds delightful.
I was supposed to get this darn picc line out today, but it was postponed until tomorrow. After weeks of sponge baths (to keep IV dry) I am ready for the longest shower ever! :mrgreen2: Can not wait!
The hyperbaric chamber treatments are a colossal time commitment. I am going every day for six weeks for two hours a day. Today for the first time I felt a tightness and tingling in the jaw area. The tech said this may be the oxygen getting in there. Idk, but the only thing bothersome is the ear popping going under and coming back out. Other than that, I just relax and watch HGTV. Hoping it helps though as bone does not get the oxygen it needs to fight infection and heal.
Three dr appointments this week in addition to the chamber, so I’ll be busy.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of the summer on this side of the pond!

:kiss2: To all the NIRDIs :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Tekate, that’s unreal that girl wanted you to call her father about the accident. Sounds like the type of people who end up working for me. I hope you are doing better today.

Missy, fabulous pictures of Bubbalah. Pretty emerald cut ring. The dragonfly is pretty but I agree it would be dangerous as a pendant. I had an open 5 point star pendant with rubies and diamonds and after stabbing a mole about 3 times I sold that sucker. Sorry about your accident on the expressway; but I think it was the best thing to do call the police and report it. You never know when those things can come back and bite you. OMG HRH was being a stinker there trying to swat your jewelry box. LOL.

Austina, how awful the damage to your gates and pillars have to come down and be replaced. I am glad the bricks are still available. I hope you can get the other insurance to pay; will your insurance company fight it for you? It’s a hassle all the way around. That stinks your gates are unusable. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Junebug, books and jigsaw puzzles can both keep me up past my bedtime. Cute Zoe looks quite content enjoying watching what’s happening outside. Stay cool in that heat. I remember it well; hot and humid.

Sharon, I totally chuckled at your suggestion to sign up HRH with the NHL. That would be a wicked slap shot sending Bubbalah flying. Your vacation will be here before you know it.

Sandeek, I hope you get the pic line out tomorrow and can take a long shower. I hope your chamber treatments are working for you; I am glad you can watch TV during that 2 hour treatment. Good luck with all of your appointments. I hope you are doing better.

I’ve had better days. It’s horribly smoky again; our air quality is unhealthy. My eyes, throat and nose knew that before my phone alerted me to such things. I had a reaction to something so my face was a red and flushed; I have been itching like crazy today. Everyone kept asking me if I was sick. A friend and I tried a new restaurant at lunch and let’s just say we won’t be going back. I get home and my in laws sent us these very cowboy / western motif handles for our ceiling fans. They aren’t my cup of tea and the ceiling fans are in the center of the room so when I said I didn’t like them it didn’t set well with Marty. Sigh. I suggested later he cut the chains off and hang them up with our big clock on the wall. I think as little decorations they are plenty cute, but commanding attention in the center of the living room - not so much.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 awww Zoe looks precious and so adorably beautiful in that photo. Sir Tommy is quite smitten with her as you know and HRH is getting jealous...
So glad your weather is cooperating and you are getting to cycle too...Have a wonderful time with your family!

@marcy I knew you would get it. Sharp big pins don't work for us klutzy gals (I know you don't mind me saying that either) though I take the cake for Kween Klutz :lol:. Sorry the air quality is so poor there now and hoping it clears up and that your breathing becomes easier. Stay inside as much as you can in the AC. I know exactly how you are feeling. When the air gets like that we are gasping for a full breath. Not pleasant. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal haha love that. Yes HRH sure can make a wicked slap shot. I need to sign her up and put her to work for us making money.:lol:

@Sandeek What a strict regime and your description makes me feel like I am there with you. And in spirit I am so take all the support and love we are sharing and you go girl. What you are going through is incredibly challenging and you are so freaking strong and brave and I know I am repeating myself but I am in awe of both you and @Tekate. Strong and graceful and brave women. Good luck with all your upcoming doctor appointments and may the treatments go very well! Enjoy your first real long shower in a while and I am hoping that picc line is out ASAP! And we heart HGTV too.

@Austina arghh so sorry about the bad news but focus on the good...no one was hurt and really that is what matters. The rest will be fixed. I always remember the wise saying if money can fix a problem it's not a problem. And while that may seem trite to some I know you get it because we have been through the proverbial wringer (haha RINGer lol sorry just realized that and well we do have the RINGers to prove it :lol:) in more ways than one and we get what is important in life...but yes I get how frustrating and aggravating this is and I am sending you hugs and love and lots of good wishes for a successful resolution in the not too distant future.

@Tekate how are you doing? Sending you lots more love and healing hugs and thinking of you. XO.

Yesterday we had a great cycling day but we broke our chain (first time that ever happened)...it snapped as we were riding. Fortunately we were not more than 2 blocks from home so Greg took the chain off and pushed me on the bike all the way back home (part of it was downhill and I almost crashed haha because I was sitting in his front seat and wasn't sure where the darn brakes were lol Kween Kltuz avoided an accident this time thank goodness :cheeky:) and fixed the chain. 30 minutes later we were back on the road.
Off cycling now. Hoping for no mishaps and a safe ride. Have a wonderful day girls and see y'all later.:wavey:

Leaving you with 2 photos from our ride yesterday. I call them Clouds. A perpsective.

bayshoretrailaug2018.jpg

beachclouds.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous day.png

Gorgeous day, no smoke. Walked to the market and saw the boats along the way. Not much wind for a sail today!:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awww Zoe is so sweet @junebug17 looks like she’s enjoying soaking up the rays.

Looks like a lovely day there @canuk-gal , hooray for clean air. Where are you off to?

Wow @Sandeek that’s a lot to go through, everything crossed it’ll work some magic and make things better. I love watching HGTV, hope it takes your mind off the ordeal for a while. I like the Property Brothers, we get My Dream Home here.

Oh no to all that smoke and your bad reaction @marcy :(2 I’m afraid looking flushed is a way of life for me these days, I’m always glowing :oops: Your in laws sound like Colin’s Mum, she was always buying me things I didn’t like :lol: I’d smile politely, say thank you, then put it somewhere safe:whistle:

What a good job you weren’t far from home when the chain snapped @missy and were able to fix it and get out again. Hope you had a good ride today. It was a miracle that no one was hurt in the accident, just rankles that as the innocent party, we’ve got the biggest problem to sort out. I can see this dragging out for months.

We had the chimney sweep come today, so had to wait to take Dottie out. We didn’t get back til lunchtime, ate, then went to the cinema. I get a free ticket every week from my health insurance company. I’ve linked my Fitbit to their app, and as long as I get my steps in, I get a free ticket. There are other rewards, but none that are of particular interest to me. We saw The Equalizer 2, quite violent, but good in an unbelievable way :lol:

We’ve got the tree surgeon coming tomorrow to do work at the front and back.

I got to sleep really quickly yesterday, I was so tired, feeling tired again tonight.

Big hugs to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's1

Missy, I think I could give you some serious competition for Queen Klutz; not that I'd tried to take your title away though. Luckily I'm not having trouble breathing (except maybe sleeping) with the smoky but I am sure sneezing. Today was better. Ha Ha Ha RINGer. Yay for being close to home when the chain broke on your cycle. Oh no that you didn't know where the breaks were but that totally makes sense. Glad you were back on the road quickly. Great cloud pictures.

Sharon, gorgeous shot of the bay. I am glad it's not smoky there today. It was a lot better here today.

Austina, sorry you are always glowing when you don't want to; saves on blush anyway? Too funny about putting away gifts from Colin's mom, I have done that many times as well. If I'd kept my mouth shut about the fan handles I could have done that as well. Marty wouldn't have thought of them again but NO I have to open my mouth. That is very nice you get a free ticket from your insurance company for meeting your steps. i liked the first Equalizer so I am glad to hear the second one is good. Yay for falling asleep quickly.

I had a managerial class all day. It's on motivation and conflict management; it's okay except for breaking up in to groups to discuss or role play. Those aren't my favorite thing to do. At least they provided snacks for us.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy glad the managerial class went well yesterday and I am with you. Don't care for role playing but yes I like the snacks.:lickout: Glad your breathing is not affected and hope the smoke clears soon. I am glad you are doing better re sleep and breathing. Haha OK let's just say we are CoQueen Klutzes.:cheeky: Hope today is a safe and good day!

@canuk-gal gorgeous photo.:kiss2: Idyllic and serene. Summer perfection captured.

@Austina oh for sure that is super aggravating. It's always the innocent parties that pay the ultimate price. When I was in my twenties my car was parked and overnight a drunk driver demolished it. No fixing it. Such a shame. Luckily no one was hurt but when the police knocked on my door to let me know (middle of the night) I was upset and of course the insurance company did not give me enough to replace despite having full insurance coverage. It was an unpleasant experience but I took comfort in the fact no one was hurt. I am so sorry you are and will be dealing with this for a long while and sending you big (((hugs))) and hope it works out as easily and quickly as possible. Good luck with the tree surgeon today.

@Tekate Good luck today! My fingers and toes are crossed for you that the Amoxicillin challenge goes smoothly!

@Sandeek we finished watching "Afflicted" last night. Most of the patients were improving so that was happy but one poor patient had no improvement whatsoever. Super depressing. I think I regret watching it so would say don't watch it. Many of the patients in the show had Multiple Chemical Sensitivity which I have to a (more mild thank goodness) degree. And mold sensitivity which I have to a more moderate if not severe degree. My blood test results were scary with the mold as I tested super high to exposure and sensitivity to 3 types of mold. Actually seeing the PA today (moved up my appointment but we will see if that was worth it) to get the rest of my results. I'm nervous. Anyway in the show that wasn't the worst of it. One young woman had Electrical Sensitivity. OMG that really sucks so much because she cannot be around electricity and wifi etc. I don't even want to think about that. So in hindsight I say to everyone here DO NOT watch "Afflicted".:(
Though it did have a sort of happy conclusion in progress for most of the patients filmed. So that was nice to see!

Hope you are feeling good and have a good day @Sandeek!

We enjoyed another lovely cycling day yesterday. I have a later morning appointment with J my PA and probably won't get back till afternoon so not sure if the temps will cooperate for cycling but we shall see. The NP contacted me the other day and told me my Serum Selenium was high and she needed me to get an RBC Selenium drawn in NJ because for some reason she cannot get this in NYC for me. That is ridiculous and does not make sense...why is the RBC not in NY? It is not true but I don't have the strength or energy to argue. So she wanted me to get the PA in NJ to order an RBC Selenium test. J (the PA) is difficult so not sure she will be OK with doing the RBC Selenium test today but my friend Rob is mailing me a requisition for that test and hopefully it will arrive soon and I can get it done at one of the Labs in NJ. I had asked the NP to initially get the RBC Selenium test but she said the lab in NY doesn't do it. Now I have to give more blood for a test I should have had initially. I am stopping all Selenium supplementation till I figure this out. Again it's because I cannot detoxify as I was only taking the smallest amount of Selenium supplements because I do not get it from my diet and it is critical for thyroid (and other organ) health. But all due to my genetic mutations that I cannot process the stuff. Including all the metals like mercury, iron, etc.

Sorry how boring of me to go on about this but just getting it out helps me feel a bit better about all of this.

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Wednesday and see you girls later.:wavey:

Leaving you with two cycling beach scenes from yesterday.

allenhurstbeach.jpg

beachdealaug2018.jpg

P

PierreBear

Hello! Is it the weekend yet? I’m hanging in there but morale is still low… There are good things happening though that I need to remind myself. Phone calls to my mom have been more enjoyable than recently. Also, the international coworker is coming with us to a friend’s house for dinner. Need to remind myself all the blessings at the moment, including all the NIRDI ladies! Have a great rest of the day.

@Austina – Oh no…. gosh sorry to hear about the gate damage and the possibility of insurance haggling and taking time to resolve. Big hugs!

How interesting that getting in your steps provides a free movie ticket. Is this just part of the public health system or specific to your insurance? I have a friend who lives in Africa and they have a similar rewards system.

Oh saw your beautiful Bella with your new band. Looks great!!!

@junebug17 – Zoe found a good spot. Window plus something soft to sit on!

@canuk-gal – Enjoy your upcoming vacation. Going to escape the heat? Or perhaps you aren’t in the days of 100 degrees like I am over here.

@marcy – Bummer on the air quality. All of these fires throughout our nation is really terrifying. Stay safe!

@missy – wow, breaking off the chain? Too many watts/power that ya’ll are pushing. I’ve dropped my chain plenty of times but recently got the chain replaced and tension adjusted so hopefully less of that now. Glad ya’ll stayed safe with the cycling mishaps.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry work is still proving trying @PierreBear , I love that you can still focus on the positives in your life.

The reward scheme is with my private health cover, perhaps if the NHS did something similar, people would take better care of themselves!

Oh dear, more blood tests @missy , let’s hope after all this, you get some answers and treatment. How did the appt go today, any progress or news? I hope you managed to get out to ride, being outside in the fresh air is so good for the soul, especially when the scenery is so lovely and calming.

Ugh to role playing @marcy not my idea of a fun afternoon. The snacks sound like the best part :D How’s the air quality today, is it any better? Probably a good idea next time to smile, say “lovely” then find a ‘safe’ place for the unusual gifts from the outlaws ;)2 :whistle:

Tree surgeon arrived early and has got a lot done today, he’s back tomorrow and should have it all done.

First quote came in today, and :-o:-o:-o, we had the guy who originally did the work come to quote, so we’ll see what he comes back with, and another company coming on Friday.

Healing thoughts and gentle hugs to all those needing them :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My bike chain was making funny noises today----hmmm WOT is with these chains?? First for everything I guess. I went one direction and my DH the other. He just texted--do I want a salad? WTH? How is he going to carry a salad home on his bike? Men.

Austina--hope those quotes don't cause undue stress. What a business. We are off to Halifax then Fredericton. Took my son to the airport today--he proceeds us by a day for his conference.

PB--I adore the heat! But our destination will be warm but not hot. East coast of Canada. (Maritimes).

Smoky today--then the weather turns yucky, glad we will miss it. But I cannot pretend we couldn't use the rain here. The farmers are complaining.

Anyway, that's about it. Hello to all NIRDIs:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! Big hugs to all of you!

Missy, I hope your appointments and test go well. I hate to hear you need more blood work already. That would be awful to need to stay away from electronics / wifi. Great pictures.

PierreBear, sorry things aren't look so good to you right now. Glad the calls to your mom are going better. Nice that your international friend is going to dinner at a friend's with you guys. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Austina, glad the tree surgeon got a lot done today. Oh no the estimate was so high today. What a hassle.

Sharon, oh no for your chain making funny noises. Did you DH make it home with a salad okay? Safe travels and have fun.

My class was over by noon. I had a snack pack of Oreo's to help ease my boredom this morning. They even had a graduation with diplomas. Corny but cute I guess. Marty made spaghetti and meatballs for supper so I had a lot of dishes to do. I need to hide our huge colander; maybe hide it with in laws gifts. Marty cooks us a few servings of pasta and uses the 4 / 5 quart strainer. :lol: But supper was good. I had to get things cleaned up tonight since the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy how funny, our cleaning crew is coming today as well. In fact they should be here in less than an hour. The poor kitties hate it when they come and TBT so do I! But Greg likes it as he loves a squeaky clean home so gotta make him happy sometimes right? LOL. Yum to oreos. Glad supper was good yesterday.

@Austina oy sorry the quotes are becoming an unpleasant process and hope today brings more welcome news. Glad the tree surgeon got a lot done yesterday. And yes, I am with you. Being outside cycling is freeing and is good for the soul. Thanks love.

@PierreBear aww I am sorry honey that things are challenging and morale is low for you and I am sending you big hugs and lots of love. Hoping things improve and remember no matter what you have your sweetheart of a dh to lean on and be there for you and we are here for you too. Love you girl. Hang in there and hope things improve very soon. Stay safe cycling!

@Tekate woohoo on doing well with the amoxicillin challenge yesterday! So pleased for you! Hope today is a good day. You are beautiful inside and out. XO.

@canuk-gal glad you are getting cycling in. Our bike chain falls off more than we would like when we hit bumps at certain speeds. Fortunately Greg puts it back on lickety split but the other day was the first time the chain actually snapped on us. This recumbent tandem is super big and super heavy and I am sure that has something to do with it. Greg is always taking great care of the bike and adjusting the tension of the chain yet still it slips. Breaking was a pain as that took 30 minutes to fix. Glad you will be traveling and on vacation and missing the yucky weather. Good planning!

Hello @Sandeek sending you more hugs and healing vibes and hope you are having a good week.

So more unpleasant news for me yesterday. My CSA showed I am inundated with 4+ Pseudomonas. A bad bacteria that is antibiotic resistant. Anyway not going to let it get me down and doing the best I can not to get overwhelmed. We did get to cycle yesterday afternoon and it was lovely. And we are leaving to cycle today as soon as our cleaning crew gets here. Today looks like a gorgeous day. We are expecting a heat wave (fourth of the season) by this coming Monday so want to get out there and enjoy the wonderful weather while we can...

Have a great day girls. XOXO. :wavey:

Leaving you with a photo from our ride yesterday. Not as easy as it looks to take photos as we are cycling but I am getting better at it I think. :sun:

cyclingthetrail2018.jpg.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm stopping in for a moment because (of course) I have a doctor's appt at 11:00

Update: I passed the amoxicillin challenge yesterday so hopefully my ID doc today will change me over to that, it was a bit scary even though nothing happened!

Thank you all for your kind words, I will check back when I get back from this latest visit.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and continued good vibes coming your way from this old but cool chick.!!

kate

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm stopping in for a moment because (of course) I have a doctor's appt at 11:00

Update: I passed the amoxicillin challenge yesterday so hopefully my ID doc today will change me over to that, it was a bit scary even though nothing happened!

Thank you all for your kind words, I will check back when I get back from this latest visit.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and continued good vibes coming your way from this old but cool chick.!!

kate

Oh my goodness, @Tekate ! I have been testing out the amoxicillin as well. As I supposedly have a penicillin allergy. The dr was remiss in prescribing it, and then she went away so I tried it too. All fine here. I went to a new infectious disease Dr today and what a fresh breath of air. He spent an hour and a half with my husband and me and was completely engrossed in my case and taking me on. So relieved as now I do not have to travel to Manhattan so often.
I am happy for you that you can be on it too as apparently it is a good one for this infection. I was able to see my weekly blood counts today and can see a marked improvement on my infection rate, I am normal range now. SO interesting. I truly hope the antibiotic works wonders for you Tekate.

@missy please know I follow along in between appointments and last minute summer errands/work prep before I go back to work. I am so thankful and my heart so full when you think of me...What does that mean to have this terrible resistant bacteria? What effects do these bacteria have on your well being? I do hope there’s is an answer for you soon as to how to get balanced again. I’m sorry for your struggles. When I start feeling down I remind myself of the people I have lost to cancer, are fighting cancer, are confined to a wheelchair due to MS etc. and it helps me to be thankful I’m being well taken care of and will get through this.
I hope Missy and @Austina are enjoying your new bling. I just love the chunky facets on your stones. Delish!
Hugs to Marcy, Jimmianne, Junebug and Pierebear, hope I didn’t miss anyone. Thank you for having me :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI's!

Missy, I'm with Greg; I like coming home to a clean house. i can totally understand you and the kitties don't like it when the cleaning crew comes. I am so sorry to hear you have a bad bacteria that is antibiotic resistant; I am glad you are doing your best to not let it get you down. Big hugs to you. You are quite adept at taking pictures while cycling. it does look like a gorgeous day,

Tekate, I've been wondering how you are doing. I am glad you passed your challenge. Hang in there and I hope you start feeling better.

Sandeek, I hope you had a decent day. I am delighted to hear you found a nearby doctor you like. That is awesome your blood count showed a marked improvement today. Good idea to keep things in perspective; I often remind myself there are a lot of people that have way more problems then I do.

Highlight of my day - no class. Moment of terror today - hitting my ACA on a door frame. I do need to go dig out my 60X loupe. Naked eye it looks fine. I went to lunch with a friend; it was nice to get out of the office. It's super smoky again.
Here are a few pictures - this morning's sunrise, our flowers are looking good and an image from one of our DOT webcams showing the smoke.

Take care.
Marcy
IMG_0161.JPG IMG_2232.JPG smoke.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick good morning as we are leaving soon for cycling...

@Tekate so happy for you and hoping it does its magic now! More Healing dust outgoing!!!!

@Sandeek that is wonderful news! Hope the new infectious disease doctor can help you recover fully and feel like your old self very soon. So pleased you found someone located closer to you! Sending you bucketloads more of healing dust!!!!

Thanks for your concern. I don't really understand all of this and just taking it one day at a time. The PA rushes through all our appointments as she is overworked and the NP charges lie $400 an hour seriously. I have a call with the NP later this afternoon to get my latest blood results and I messaged her about the CSA results and she said (and she was the one who wanted me to do the CSA but the PA had already ordered it at that time) she doesnt have time to go over my CSA results and I need to schedule another appointment for that. Unbelievable right? It's surreal. I spend so much money with her and it's not enough. Sometimes I feel like giving up but I won't. Not yet anyway. You and @Tekate and the other ladies here are an inspiration and thank you for your support and strength. (((Hugs))).

@marcy great photos as always. Thanks for sharing them here. Love seeing them and they make me smile. XO. Thanks for all your good wishes. Sending lots of good wishes your way and woohoo it's Friday!

Had a wonderful bike ride yesterday. Weather was awesome. 70s and dry and gorgeous. Came home to a clean house woohoo and then Greg went swimming after dinner last night. All in all a perfect day.

I call this "Find Greg":cheeky:

gregswimmingaugust2018.jpg.png

Sunrise this AM...sun is moving and autumn is coming soon...days are already significantly shorter. Summer where did you go? Well the summer weather is returning as our heat wave is back Monday.

sunriseaug2018.jpg.png

TFIF all and enjoy a great day! :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Sandeek and @Tekate, just so happy you’ve both had some good news at long last. Finally some light at the end of a very long dark tunnel. Onwards and upwards to a full recovery and normality for you. Continuing to send healing thoughts, love and good wishes to you both.

Oh no @marcy, I hope your ring is ok, technically diamond is harder than wood, so fingers crossed. That smoke is just awful, I hope it’s not causing you too many problems. The sunrise is beautiful and wow, your flowers are doing really well.

We were in Halifax a couple of weeks ago @canuk-gal We really enjoyed the maritime museum and the Titanic cemetery visit. Have fun.

I hope your niece has a beautiful wedding day @junebug17

Oh no @missy, I know some other Spin people have had problems with their pups having pseudomonas and how difficult it was to cure, but they did get there eventually, so hopefully it can be treated successfully. Yikes, these medical appts are really racking up, especially as you feel you’re not getting enough time to cover everything.

We’re definitely moving toward autumn, it’s getting dark so much earlier here.

We went out to lunch with our friends yesterday, the ones who recently got married. Did I mention we’ve booked a cruise together in 2020?

We had another guy come today to quote for the gates. He’s made us feel a lot better about the situation. Basically the guy who came on Monday put in his report that our gates weren’t up to current code, which we felt could give the insurance co a reason to dispute our claim. He says he told us this 2 years ago, but honestly we have no recollection of this, and Colin is very much the type that if told something needs attention, he gets it done immediately. Anyway, the man who came today said that they absolutely are to code, which he’ll put in his report, and will also say that the motors must be replaced as they’ve suffered significant shock. Even if they still work now, they WILL break down very shortly.

So, we will stop stressing, and just see what happens next.

Happy Friyay :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina @missy thank you both so much. I took my first amoxicillin today here's hoping I can take it for 6 months!

So sorry I've not been on top of PS, but I plan to read everything today.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday, and weekend.

@Sandeek hope you are feeling better!

sending good and happy vibes everyone's way!

ETA: went to the ID doctor yesterday, she had the results from my latest biopsy and said this time Strep showed up .... but I had my letter of "okay for amoxicillin' so she was thrilled, I read that this type of infection (actinomyces) usually has concomitant bacteria - in the beginning, the first biopsies showed normal oral flora that wouldn't be causing this infection(s)... so I hope we are on a good path with amoxicillin, the ID doc I saw yesterday wasn't the first one I went to, this one told me I could be on amoxicillin a year!!!!!!!!! ugh, I hope hope not. thanks for reading and caring ladies.

@Austina that s a bitch about your electronic fence, insurance is a great sell, but trying to collect? meh.

kate

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek good news! I dream of someday eating a pretzel! I hope I don't need the hyperbaric chamber because I'd go a bit nutzoid, but I would do it.

I am rooting for good medicine and send you good vibes! we will beat this.

@missy @Tekate and all of you lovely NIRDIs thank you for you’re continued thoughts. ((Hugs)) How are you doing @Tekate ?

Love reading along to see what everyone’s is up to.
Missy, that medical show sounds intriguing, but you may be right, it might be too close for comfort. Though a good show enjoyed with some wonderful ladies sounds delightful.
I was supposed to get this darn picc line out today, but it was postponed until tomorrow. After weeks of sponge baths (to keep IV dry) I am ready for the longest shower ever! :mrgreen2: Can not wait!
The hyperbaric chamber treatments are a colossal time commitment. I am going every day for six weeks for two hours a day. Today for the first time I felt a tightness and tingling in the jaw area. The tech said this may be the oxygen getting in there. Idk, but the only thing bothersome is the ear popping going under and coming back out. Other than that, I just relax and watch HGTV. Hoping it helps though as bone does not get the oxygen it needs to fight infection and heal.
Three dr appointments this week in addition to the chamber, so I’ll be busy.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of the summer on this side of the pond!

:kiss2: To all the NIRDIs :kiss2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous day.png

Gorgeous day, no smoke. Walked to the market and saw the boats along the way. Not much wind for a sail today!:wavey:
What an interesting, beautiful photo. The boats look like toys : )

Austina, I feel for you having this gate problem on your hands through no fault of your own. I hope insurance covers 100% and then you will have everything new and motors that will work for a very long time.
Yay about the cruise!

Thanks for the nice comments on my art. I’m having fun with it.
My gum surgery looks good, according to the dentist, and I can start eating solid foods now. I’ve lost a little over 10 pounds which has really aged my face and arms. The worst part was the reaction to the antibiotic, but I’m putting out the intention that everything be ok for my trip in two or so weeks.
I hestiated to even mention any of this as sandeek and tekate are having a much worse time. I will not take good health for granted ever again. I’ve gained insight into the corelation between gut health and general well-being that can be used to work on improved moods and energy.
My periodontist actual is on a program to eradicate her gut flora and replace. That sounds very scary, as it is a complex and time taking project and don’t know why anyone would do that on purpose.
So this hopefully is my last « woeful » post.

It is beautiful this morning, breezy, sunny and cool.

Healing dust to tekate and sandeek!

And hi to everyone else:wavey:

P

PierreBear

FriYAY again! I’m going to share something unexpected today. Guess who got their first SONOGRAM! … well in a very unusual circumstance… sorry no cute baby talk for me yet. Went for my usual well-women check up and I’m also due to have my IUD removed and replaced with a new one. However, there were too many challenges of removing it that they had to use a sonogram. OMG… there are two types of cameras…. Ughhh and one hurts more than the other if you know what I mean. Anyhow, I was poked and prodded with metal devices/hooks for about an hour. My DR even said do you mind if another DR came in and tried it…. COME ON IN… anyone who can get me out of this pain is more than welcome to dig around my lady parts. Haha I jest now but honestly that was the most terrible experience of my life. I think I rather even do another full ironman again and think it was close to 1 hour of digging around down there that caused some damage that they couldn’t put in the new device. So good luck to me next week when they put it in. I don’t know if you made it through my cringing story but I’m so thankful that the DR never gave up on me and was very caring with her words. The next step was surgery if she couldn’t remove with her current process, which I wasn’t sure what that would entail. Also, I first thought that the sonogram could cost as much as $400 as I haven’t met my deductible but billings called back and said it was just the standard co-pay. Whew, relieved as the sonogram did absolutely nothing and it was still blind digging around with hooks etc. hahaha OK the rest of the week/weekend can only get better from that right?! Hope ya’ll are doing well and have a great day!

@Austina – Oh how interesting that the reward program is with private insurance. It is always so curious how some things motivate others and other items do not. We are all wired so differently though.

OOhh whew, glad to know that the gates were up to code. Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the impact of everything. Hope it goes back to the norm soon… of enjoying Bella nonstop!

@canuk-gal – Oohhh DH and I have thought about doing some adventures in Canada. Will be on our to do list to explore one day. Enjoy and be safe.

@marcy – How cute about the diplomas. What did you do with yours? Hang it by the desk?

@missy – Aiyaya… what will you do with something that is antibiotic resistant? How do you get it out of your body? I’m sorry about the additional challenge. Lovely photo though!

@Tekate – Hurray for passing the test. Hope you are feeling better.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yikes @PierreBear I can certainly sympathise with you. I had an IUD fitted after I had Adam, and had to have it removed 6 months later, it was causing me too much pain. When I went to have it taken out, not only had it moved so wasn’t effective :-o I had similar rootlings around to remove the stupid thing.

Eat up @Jimmianne you need to get that weight back on, then you’ll be fighting fit for your trip. By the sound of it, we’ll be crossing the Atlantic at the same time.

Hi @Tekate lovely to see you posting.

Almost the weekend :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls happy Caturday Saturday!

@Tekate yes to doing well on the amoxicillin and my fingers are crossed for you!

@Sandeek hope you are having a good weekend and feeling well!

@Jimmianne wonderful news re the dental update. Sorry about the weight loss. Together some of us weigh less than all our fur babies put together. :lol:
:oops2:
Keep on going girl and hang in there. France will be here soon.:halo:

@Austina good news re the gate woohoo! And I am with you. No point in stressing and hopefully it will all be sorted out shortly.

@PierreBear ugh what an unpleasant experience and I am sorry you went through that. And of course I am sending you buckets of good luck when they put the IUD in next week. Hopefully you will be recovered fully by then. And whew for it all being covered by insurance. That rocks. Thank goodness it's the weekend! Saturyay!:sun:

Had another great ride yesterday and another perfect 10 weather day. This weekend is looking good so far.

Sharing a sweet photo from our ride yesterday. Hope you enjoy.

duckandbabies.jpeg.png

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday Saturyay!!!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I guess the only good thing about the smoke is the spectacular sun photos. At least you are getting some great shots, but I hope a strong breeze comes into your life very very soon! I just know your diamond is OK. Did you loupe it?

Missy, maybe we need to go to girls’ camp. When I was a little girl I had to sit at
the « skinny » table, where they served extra helpings of bread heavy buttered and sugared. OMG. How crazy is that?! LOL
With all your cycling it must be harder to get to fighting weight, but I think of you as being in tip top condition...and becoming an expert at the « photographing while moving » skills.

Tekate, how are things this morning? How are you feeling?

June, pretty picture of you this morning : ) Hope you are doing well.

DD invited me to go out with her friends to a wedding boutique in Raleigh next week to help her try on dresses. Her fiance has her ring, but she has to wait to go back to France to get it. It is extremely modest, but she preferred it over all these family rings I offered her. The larger OEC is her great grandmother’s and was left to her, but she said she wants something without a history, even if the stone is tiny. She is def. not a PSer!
81C6C14A-C798-4F6F-AFC4-3057C55CBB40.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, maybe we need to go to girls’ camp. When I was a little girl I had to sit at
the « skinny » table, where they served extra helpings of bread heavy buttered and sugared. OMG. How crazy is that?! LOL
With all your cycling it must be harder to get to fighting weight, but I think of you as being in tip top condition...and becoming an expert at the « photographing while moving » skills.

DD invited me to go out with her friends to a wedding boutique in Raleigh next week to help her try on dresses. Her fiance has her ring, but she has to wait to go back to France to get it. It is extremely modest, but she preferred it over all these family rings I offered her. The larger OEC is her great grandmother’s and was left to her, but she said she wants something without a history, even if the stone is tiny. She is def. not a PSer!

As long as your DD is happy that's all that matters. We are not all cut out to be PSers...and sometimes ignorance is bliss and happy rules over everything else!

Meet you at Canyon Ranch Spa @Jimmianne ?

canyonranch.jpg.png canyonranch.jpeg.png

Who wants to join us? @rainwood @CJ2008 @junebug17 @marcy @LLJsmom @canuk-gal @Tekate @Sandeek @Austina (we can look at Adam's 65 carat emerald cut on the way:P2 @PierreBear and any else I left out inadvertently and wants to join...come one come all. Let's be pampered in the luxurious way we need to be...:love::appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne @missy Hola! thank you for your kind words ladies! second day on amoxicillin, nothing much has changed yet, but I'm hoping!

I never went to a camp when I was a kid Jimmieanne but you could have moved over to the fat girl table with me! I would have taught you the in's and out's of chips, cheese and taters! ;-)

Your DD has class and flair JimmieA* and I admire that. Small is beautiful! it really is in the heart.

not doing much today, hot here in Maine and I'm the cleaning lady so I should visit myself and clean ... we shall see.

happy weekend to all NIRDI's.. y'all are the best.

Marcy, I guess the only good thing about the smoke is the spectacular sun photos. At least you are getting some great shots, but I hope a strong breeze comes into your life very very soon! I just know your diamond is OK. Did you loupe it?

Tekate, how are things this morning? How are you feeling?

June, pretty picture of you this morning : ) Hope you are doing well.

81C6C14A-C798-4F6F-AFC4-3057C55CBB40.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey lovelies, happy weekend.

Funny you should mention Canyon Ranch @missy they are on the ship, and I had a lovely facial this time. The therapist said I had amazing skin for “someone who have nearly 50 years”. I told her it was nearly 60 years, and she said it was even more amazing :lol:

Aww cute little duckies and the weather looks lovely.

It’ll be at least 48 hrs before the amoxicillin starts working @Tekate , hang in there, and here’s hoping it works it’s magic.

That’ll be fun going wedding dress shopping @Jimmianne , my friend is in the same situation, and hates the dress her daughter likes, so she’s hoping when she tries it on, she’ll realise it won’t suit her.

You DD might grow into being a PSer, I didn’t even have an engagement ring, and look at me now :lol:

We had a meeting with our local councillor this morning about getting parking and speed restrictions in the road, and he’s very receptive to the idea. Hopefully it’ll reduce the likelihood of more accidents.

We’re not doing anything special this weekend, just binge watching 10 days in the valley with Kyra Sedgwick.

Hope all the NIRDIS are well :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results