carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

PierreBear, I like those Cadbury candy coated chocolates. I bought Marty a dark chocolate bunny (Dove) and myself a milk chocolate bunny (Lindt). Easter candy only comes once a year, right? Glad you enjoyed your dinner yesterday. Good luck with your breakfast line cooking. That is great your Jeffersonian dinner went so well. It does sound fun and enlightening.

Missy, you did have a snowy day but it does look pretty. I think many of us PS’ers would not be amused by that April Fool’s joke. It was my chatty sister who called me last night. I feel bad for her and should talk to her more but 90 minutes is a bit much. I’ll try to get some of Marty’s winnings back for us. Knowing him it’s spent all ready. Great pictures from Coney Island. You guys look fabulous and how fun to see a lot of little cuties too stop and pet along the way.

CJ, one time I was trying to park Marty’s F250 (full bed and extended cab) in this little spot and Marty got multiple pictures. He used to work there so quite a few people know him. I sincerely thought about giving that guy grief but decided not to pick on someone I don’t know. The Evil Marcy would have given him crap. The guy who plugs in his car today got flack from me today. He said I haven’t seen you in a while so I said, you don’t call, you don’t write, you don’t come over and plug in your car. Sounds like we are in the same boat with our DH and cash. Why should they go to the ATM when we can supply them with cash in the comfort of their own homes? That was nice of you to make your Easter phone calls. I have several I need to make and plan on doing it soon.

Austina, you were thinking ahead having a meal in the freezer. I like those kind of meals. I am glad you let Colin know to add bling money to the budget. Cover the necessities.

Sharon, how exciting you are going to get a Macan. Do they have one you like or are you going to order one? I’ll be anxious to hear what you are getting. I hope your weather warms up.

Marty spent some of his afternoon posting on his strength training site and was out playing golf when I got off work. It makes me nervous he wasn’t working. My stalking app told me where he was or I’d would have sent him a text when I got home. I baked my supper while doing dishes. I had wine too. That’s the way my day went. Too much to do, too little time and well you know the rest of the story. I uttered some curse words here and there.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
glasses_hand2.gif
tea_cup.gif

@CJ2008 haha I sound like my mom all the time. No worries. The emoticons are here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments and compliments.:kiss2: And haha I was saying nothing of the kind because you are perfect just the way you are. So yes to cookies and pizza and bagels. For all of us.:lickout:

Your Easter celebration sounded perfect. Just perfect. So glad you had a lovely weekend and a wonderful trip and I am glad the kitties are so happy you are back. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal , yes what a difference a day makes and I am very glad you will be back to seasonal temps next week. I am with you re the patience thing. As in I lack it very much so haha. I just want to see Spring flowers soon.
481876qojaq5ujfk.gif

Glad your mom laughed when you told her about the earring. It's amazing what some time away from an issue will do.
How is she doing re her physical therapy? How is she feeling?
Hope she is stronger and feeling well and getting back to things and enjoying.

Woohoo to another NIRDI getting a Macan. Sweet. Good luck Sharon and cannot wait to see what color you choose.:love:

@Austina hope you had a good Bank holiday despite the dreary weather. And glad you had a relaxing holiday. Yay to freezing food for easy defrost for yummy meals. Yes the parasol comes in handy rain or shine. Thanks for the lovely compliment.
Haha you are a girl after my own heart. Yes to reminding Colin to make sure he includes a 3 carat in the budget planning. Remember I am here to help.:bigsmile:

@marcy oops sorry. Once again my reading comprehension skills need work. I'm blaming it on my thyroid.:cheeky: Sorry your chatty sister would not let you get off the phone. I find it challenging to extricate myself from those phone calls that go on and on because I do not want to hurt the other person's feelings. If it's a good friend it's not as difficult as I just say I need to go and they understand. But with others it is more challenging.

Love that stalking app. Must put it on our phones too. Very handy indeed. Sorry Marty was playing golf yesterday and not working but at least he did spend time on his strength training site. So that's good.
Ugh to too much to do and too little time and yes choice curse words help.
Hope you managed to snag some of Marty's winnings for yourself.

Good morning @Jimmianne how is your week going? Any updates? Thinking of you.

Hi @junebug17! Posting at the same time. Woohoo how exciting you got your license plates and now know how to get that pesky lane assist off your car. Enjoy a lovely day and congratulations! (((Hugs))).

Have a good Tuesday girls!
slider_grouphugg.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, love your pics of your family gtg, and so glad you had a lovely time. Zena is adorable, love the pics of her and your niece. Very impressive that your niece can handle the hover board so well, I would definitely topple off of it in about 2 seconds! I can't believe how big your nieces are getting! They are lovely. You and Greg look so festive and cheerful in your Easter outfits. Wow, look at that snow, it's April for goodness sake! The only good thing about it is you had your hubby home with you :kiss2: Great pics of Coney Island too, such a nice way to spend Easter and I'm glad you guys had a great day. Those doggies are so cute. :love:

Sharon, aw, thanks for the good thoughts and I wish you all the best too, hugs. I love tulips and I'm glad they brightened your day. I'm so excited you're getting a Macan! I'm really happy with the car, it is SO much fun to drive. Oh, meant to tell you - saw the pic of your hair in the other thread and I LOVE it! Both the cut and color are fabulous and I truly mean it. :appl:

Jimmianne, lol to the chocolate substitute! Beautiful pic of the trees in bloom, so glad Spring has arrived for you, doing chores isn't quite so bad when the weather is mild.

Austina, yes, I was nice not to have to think about meals this past weekend! :P2 And yes, Colin absolutely must factor in some money for bling lol. Sorry the weather isn't great and I hope the sun comes out soon for you. It's been chilly and dreary here too.

Marcy, I agree, Marty's friend definitely owes you if your name is drawn lol. I'm sorry work is so busy and stressful for you right now, you deserve a glass of wine (or two!) and you should eat your chocolate bunny while you're at it! And I think Marty should cut you in on his winnings, it's only fair :D Lol to the April fool's joke, omigosh, terrible! Too bad your sister put a crimp in your movie plans...my brother is similar, hard to get off the phone with him. We say goodbye about 3 times before we finally hang up - he'll say "oh, one more thing" and then we're on for another 20 minutes.

PB, your Easter weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. I agree, sometimes I like the sides better than the main course lol! Yum to the Cadbury eggs. I myself spent the weekend eating cake - On Friday my dd was here and we had cake for her bday, Saturday I had cake at my nephew's party, and Sunday my bil had cake for dh's birthday. No wonder I'm not losing weight with all this running haha! I hope your class went well, it sounds challenging but I'll bet you did fine. I don't really notice much of a difference with the curved tv, it seems pretty similar to the flat one in terms of viewing. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the Jefferson dinner, it sounds like it worked out very well! Good for you for getting some yard work done, it does feel good to get rid of those weeds.

CJ, glad to hear your Easter was pleasant and relaxing, imo that's how all holidays should be!

I picked up my license plates yesterday and the salesguy showed me how to keep the lane assist off and helped me set the mirrors. Dh actually likes the feature, go figure. He always wants to take my car when we go someplace lol.

Not much going on today, just running a few errands and doing some laundry. Hope everyone has a good day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks for the good wishes with my Mom. She is in physical therapy--and everyone is impressed with her ROM. Doc happy too. My sister (who stayed with her first) was very diligent with the routine she created which I followed and Mom stuck with it.

The color of the SUV -----is wait for it-----Paladium! lolol Looks like a light gold/silver. My jewellery colored car. Gotta love it. This will be the third same color of vehicle for me (two other colors I've chosen were both golds.) It is in stock and ready to go! (vroom vroom). I am loathe to part with our other SUV but it is time for its retirement. Been a great SUV but it is the longest we've owned s single car.

My hair is shaggy! Thanks for the compliments--it does suit me. I might buy that toner recommended by Madelise.

Anyway enough about ne. Of to do errands in the cold. HI NIRDIs!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What good news that your Mum is doing so well @canuk-gal and woohoo to getting a new car :dance:

Very suitable colour for a bling babe :D
66E3C2BF-BC07-44F7-AF97-7A33CC58440E.jpeg

I sometimes think that all these gadgets they put on cars end up causing more problems than they solve @junebug :lol: A year later, and I’m still finding things on my car I didn’t know I had. :shock:

Sorry you had a trying day @marcy, hope work and your overgrown toddlers haven’t caused you any problems today.

Adam tracked us on our journey to visit our friends in FW with the Find Friends app and I sometimes look to see where he is :lol:

Thank you for your offer @missy as I mentioned to PB, I’m going to look at ACAs in September and see what I think, but after seeing her ring IRL, I think I could be tempted, and I know that if I decide to go that route, your help and expertise will be invaluable.

Back to Pilates today, I do miss it when I’m away, then I had to take my pendant to have the clasp changed. The bolt ring started to stick in the open position, then when we were at Adam’s, it broke. I’ve had it changed for a lobster claw, more substantial and easier to use.

:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting in. Yesterday was productive getting organized for the April wedding. I found a great dress, and finally had courage to cut my hair.
Feeling free!

IMG_1108.JPG Before
After (ugh not the greatest picture and I didn't comb my hair, but you get the general idea.)
IMG_5212.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting in. Yesterday was productive getting organized for the April wedding. I found a great dress, and finally had courage to cut my hair.
Feeling free!

IMG_1108.JPG Before
After (ugh not the greatest picture and I didn't comb my hair, but you get the general idea.)
IMG_5212.JPG

Beautiful before and after!!! Glamorous mama.:love::love::love:
Also, LOVE that dress.:appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful before and after!!! Glamorous mama.:love::love::love:
Also, LOVE that dress.:appl:

I knew PS'ers were the most beautiful people!!!! You look fabu--:love::wavey::appl:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. Your comments are much appreciated!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am ready for some spring flowers too. I’ll see some next month maybe. I don’t mind talking to someone that long in person and even long phone calls as long as the conversation keeps moving but she does go on and on about things. I really like the Find Friend’s app. It makes me feel better that I can see when Marty reaches the airport or gets to his hotel. It was really nice when he was overseas and it was costly to even text him since he was roaming on data. Great display of emoticons.

Junebug, I had some of my chocolate bunny tonight. I am saving the ears for last. My sister and I do the same thing you do with your brother - just one more thing. I swear I could say my house was on fire and she’d keep me on the line for 20 more minutes. That’s a good deal your salesman showed you how to turn off the lane assist. Marty is always anxious to drive my car too. Running errands in the Macan is more fun.

Sharon, that is great news your mother is doing so well with ROM and sticking with her routine. Palladium is a great color and definitely a bling color. I am glad you like your hair.
Austina, thanks for putting up the Macan in Sharon’s color. It is very classy looking. I know what you mean about finding things on your car a year later. I’ll go through everything when I get a car then forget how to use everything. LOL to overgrown toddlers - that is an image that will bring a smile to my face. Thanks! I am glad you find the Find Friend’s app useful. I am glad you didn’t lose your pendant. I like lobster claw clasps really well.

Jimmianne, you look beautiful. Is DD’s wedding is in April or are you planning for someone else’s big day?

Work was still crazy busy today but less stressful today. Two of the toddlers were out today so while that meant more work but less aggravation.

We had cheeseburgers for supper. Marty ate 3 hamburger patties and I had mine with cheese and in an English muffin. I am hungry for pasta so I might make something when Marty is out of town next.

Take care.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Love the hair, love the dress!!!! Tres, tres belle!!!! You'll be a gorgeous mother of the bride.

Hi, all!!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clarify, the wedding is for my daughter's fiancé's sister!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies!

Junie good morning. Hope your week is going well and that you accomplished whatever errands you wanted to yesterday.

Marcy haha 2 of the "toddlers" were out of work for you yesterday. Priceless. Glad it was not too hectic and it was a good busy. Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly too. Yes it is comforting to know our guys are safe and sound and have arrived to their destination safely when traveling. What a good app that is. Glad you enjoyed cheeseburgers last night. Pasta next week sounds yummy. Hope Marty's trip next week goes well and he is not away for too long. And yes I am impatient for the spring flowers to arrive. It's going to be another cold weekend here.

Sharon so happy your mom is doing so well and that her ROM is fully back. Wonderful news!
Austina yes I am 100% thrilled and honored and happy to help you if you decide you want an antique cut diamond. At your service ma'am.:appl:

Jimmianne your DD's FI's sister now but your DD is next. You look beautiful.

Rainwood hope all is working well and going smoothly.

My girlfriend M just got back from her extended Spain visit and we are getting together today. Cannot wait to see her and catch up in person. Hope everyone enjoys a lovely Wednesday!:wavey:

Leaving you with a photo my friend M took in Madrid on St Patrick's day. Haha they do it right there. Greenlicious.

madridstpatricksday.jpg.png

and one last photo of Seville. So lovely.

seville.jpg.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, how nice your friend is back, wow, that seems quick and I know she was gone for a while lol. Have a fabulous time catching up with her today! Her pics are beautiful.

Sharon, great news about your mother, so glad she's coming along and doing well! LOVE the color of your car, very classy and elegant :appl: We had a Lexus in a similar color and I loved it, a mix of silver and gold, really cool. Now I kinda wish I had gotten this color haha! So excited for you :dance:
Jimmianne, wow, you look fantastic! :appl: Love the dress, it looks like it was tailor made for you. :love: And your hair looks great! You're beautiful!
Hi rainwood! Hope all is well :wavey:

Marcy, lol to overgrown toddlers, and I'm glad work wasn't as stressful. Being busy is ok, but when it crosses over to stressed it really stinks. That app is a good idea - definitely gives peace of mind for those with dhs like ours who travel a lot. I actually look forward to running errands these days - I feel a little disloyal to my old car Pebbles, who I loved, but the Macan is just so much fun! :P2

Austina, I hope you don't mind if I live vicariously through you as you ponder a new diamond! An ACA would be awesome, and an old cut would be fabulous too - both are so beautiful. And yeah, you're right, it's going to take me a while to figure everything out on this car! Glad you got your pendant changed to a more secure clasp, would be terrible to lose that pretty sparkly.

I went crazy with emojis today lol, must be the coffee :kiss2:

The run in SC is this Saturday, and we're leaving tomorrow so I need to pack - we won't be there long so packing really won't be very involved. In fact, I'm going to try to fit everything in my tote bag. One less bag to cart around.

Wishing everyone a lovely Wednesday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The run in SC is this Saturday, and we're leaving tomorrow so I need to pack - we won't be there long so packing really won't be very involved. In fact, I'm going to try to fit everything in my tote bag. One less bag to cart around.

Ooh good luck Junie!!! This is what you have been training for and I know you are going to have a great run!
cheerleader1.gif
We are all cheering you on Junie!!!:appl::appl::appl:
1237349rk8qbp8bdz.gif
1841258xa5otnz5ax.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support Missy! I dunno, I'm sorry I said I'd do this, I'm feeling really nervous. I'm not worried about time, I just hope I don't have to resort to walking. :???:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support Missy! I dunno, I'm sorry I said I'd do this, I'm feeling really nervous. I'm not worried about time, I just hope I don't have to resort to walking. :???:

Junie! I get your concern and believe me we would all feel similarly. But no matter what you will finish the race and that is a success! So run, walk and run, however you do it you rock! OMG I would not even be brave enough to take this on and look at you. You are a star.
slider_yourock.gif

sparkle.gif
sparkle.gif

P

PierreBear

Working on the breakfast line was a bit scary but once you got into it, time passed by quickly. In fact, too quickly! My order was 1) 2 eggs over easy with 2 side of bacon and hash browns 2) fruit parfait 3) lox bagel 4) eggs florentine. I didn’t hit my time requirement and went over 1 minute but it wasn’t bad as only 1 student hit their time mark so I wasn’t in the minority. I looked like a crazy lady though and was talking to myself the whole time… Okkk first I do this and now I’m going to do this…. Hahaha.. most people do that in their heads but I do it out loud and it helped the chef give me coaching along the way and keep me on track. Whew… Had a work conference yesterday and playing catch up at work today so keeping it short. Ya’ll have a great rest of the week!

@missy – Thanks for sharing all the great photos again. Yay enjoy the aquarium for your next visit! Oh, how is the new medication treating you?

@CJ2008 – Good question. I didn’t expect for it to be a common theme and some people came prepared such as bringing in something that had their quote so I don’t think we were just playing off of each other. There were some unpredictable comments and questions asked as they didn’t understand one another’s values/thought process and that was the neat part of it. As the facilitator, I did my best to jump in and smooth the bumps or to make sure it was headed in the right direction. Thanks for asking and are you perhaps thinking about doing the same thing? : )

@Austina – haha good luck to you massaging that budget for some diamond goodies! Tell him that I approve! : ) Has the jet lag passed yet?

@canuk-gal – Hurray that you decided on the Macan. Hope that you are excited about the purchase. When will it come in? All those talk about the Porsche SUVs had me thinking… especially as we borrowed a friend’s older 911 for that birthday joy ride for DH… maybe when we are a bit older and wouldn’t make that much of a financial impact. For now, I’m staying content with the 160K mile car but am so excited for your brand new vehicle! I’ll live vicariously through you!

What is ROM and glad that your mother is doing well!

@marcy – Sorry that you are feeling angst about Marty not working. I think we have the opposite problem in our household that DH’s client is very demanding and works too many hours. Both seeking a balance wouldn’t you say? Hoping this week will be slower and with more time to relax and have wine!

@junebug17 – glad the sales guy is helping you get more familiar with the car. So funny that your DH is so excited to drive yours. Do ya’ll separate his/hers cars? Do you drive his often?

Don’t worry about eating all that delicious cake! It’s fuel for running. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RACE… SAFE TRAVELS! I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to hear about it! Go Junebug go!!!!!!! : )

@Jimmianne – Nice dress and looking very chic with the hair cut!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick stop in right now.

jimmianne LOVE the dress! Looks great on you!

june good luck on your run! you can do it! :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Swit swoo @Jimmianne you have great hair, which looks fab-u-lous either length, but if you don’t mind me saying, I do think it looks more youthful on you slightly shorter. That’s my style of dress, such a flattering shape and fit, suits you so well.

Honestly @junebug17 if at any time you need to slow down to a fast walk, do it if it makes the difference between finishing injury free or not finishing, it’s not a sign of failure but smart tactics. We’ll all be rooting for you and willing you on to the finish line, we know you can do it.

Your test sounds full on @PierreBear and you did really well under pressure, after all, I don’t suppose Mr PB stands with a stopwatch at breakfast time :lol: We are such a bunch of enablers, when one of us gets something, the rest of us want, whether it be bling or cars :D

I’m feeling ok, I’m think I’m over the jetlag now, we’re staying up a bit later so that when we go to bed, sleep comes easier, seems to be working.

Glad work was less stressful yesterday @marcy and yum to cheeseburgers :lickout: It sounds funny to me to hear (what we know as) muffins with the prefix English :D

Hope you had fun catching up with your friends today, I expect you had lots to talk about.

I may browse Old World Diamonds, purely for research :whistle: :lol:

Hi @CJ2008 and @rainwood

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Austina. I certainly feel more freedom with shorter hair and it is still long enough for decent ponytail or twist.
Just research, huh? Have fun on OWD!

June, I am so proud of you. Just showing up and participating wins you a gold medal in my book. xx

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JuneB--go get 'em! You'll be excellent! I am training with my neighbor--she wants to do a half marathon in July. I'll to the exercise but not the competition. Hopefully our snow will be gone by then. lol

chees--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nirdis!

Missy, thanks again for the support - and that emoji with the #1 is cracking me up! :D

PB, sounds like you did well with your breakfast line! It all sounds so delicious, yum. It was a tough challenge, I'm really impressed you could prepare all of that so quickly. Good to hear the cake helped fuel me lol - I usually eat a low carb diet to control my weight so it's been hard upping the carbs, but I do notice I have more energy. I usually don't drive dh's car, and we usually don't trade cars but on the weekends he definitely wants to drive mine haha!

Thank you SO much for your encouragement, it means a lot to me. :kiss2:

CJ, thank you sweetie! Hope things are going well for you.

Austina, good to hear the jet lag is passing and you're feeling better. Yeah, I'm not going to worry if I have to walk a little, you're right, it's not worth risking an injury. Thanks for your advice and support. <3

Jimmianne and Sharon, thank you for the kind words! Your encouragement means more than you know. Sharon, such a good idea to train with your neighbor, she will have company and you will get a great workout, a win for you both.

Just doing a few odds and ends before we head out later on, I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days. And we will miss the snow that's being predicted for Saturday - hard to believe it's April!

Take care everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

And we will miss the snow that's being predicted for Saturday - hard to believe it's April!

Junie, Ain't that the truth lol. I thought it was March in like a lion out like a lamb but looks like April is misbehaving. Have a good trip Junie and sending lots of good luck running dust your way.:appl:
Haha glad you are enjoying the emojis. I am having fun sharing them.
manybounce.gif

and who doesn't love the dancing penguin?

dancing_penguin.gif

Austina say the word...I am ready and able to help you in your old cut search.:Up_to_something::halo:

PierreBear Nice job on the breakfast line- you go girl! Pie for breakfast anyone?
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

And good luck with work this week. Thanks for asking about the new med. I feel fine on the meds. I got my blood results back yesterday (from before I started the meds) and the numbers were going in the wrong direction as my TSH doubled. That is not good. I am also iodine deficient (and my first NYU endocrinologist did not test me for that saying no one in the USA is iodine deficient oy) and b12 deficient and ferritin deficient. And my WBCs are low. So hopefully I will get some improvement on the meds and hopefully I can figure out how to raise my ferritin and iodine because after some reading (and thank you @junebug17 for that link!) it seems I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. Iodine can exacerbate thyroid issues and when one's iron is normal it is challenging getting ferritin levels up. So I am in a quandary and a conundrum it seems. But I am in good spirits so no worries.

CJ thank you again for looking out after me. You are a real sweetheart. Just want you to know how much I appreciate that. (((Hugs))).

Sharon we are getting snow tomorrow and Saturday and maybe the week after that lol. I feel like I am in Canada but perhaps the weather by you is warmer now.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

LOL cannot make this stuff up. Hope your week is going well.

I had such a good time with my friend M yesterday. We caught up on her trip. The weather in Spain was crappy these past 2 months but she had a blast anyway. And she visited her artwork at the Museum of London and it's also in a book by Iggy Pop so what a thrill that was/is. So great seeing her. She is such a wonderful person. We enjoyed tea and cookies and chatted the afternoon away. It's amazing how 4 hours fly by just chatting and laughing. She is one of my best laugh buddies.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week and sending good thoughts your way. :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning ladies! Hope all is well. My only report for today is that my cat is crazy… not that it is news… but he just love to eat, eat, and eat. This isn’t news either as he’s a big guy but not necessarily overweight but we can’t let him graze on food as he would gobble it all up and not portion control. So he gets his special expensive food dispensed out of an automatic feeder (needs to eat timely throughout the day or else he throws up). However, the past two weeks, he’s had a spot on his back about the size of 2 quarters where his skin is rubbed off and there is a scab from the bleeding. I think he is sooooooooo hungry or wants the food so bad that he’s mutilating himself to dig into the auto feeder. We hear him digging often but this is the first time we’ve seen him rub the skin off his back. Aiyayaya… this cat mama is a bit concerned even though my cat isn’t bothered by it. In the mean-time we took out the tray that catches the food and just put a plate down so hopefully if he’s digging it can’t hurt him. Then if that doesn’t work, we will try a new auto-feeder. Anyone else have an auto-feeder they use on their pets that they like? Haha… love him though but he’s a strange one! Ya’ll have a good one!

@Austina – I don’t work as well as I would like under pressure but I know in the end of the day, it was just one class and the grades doesn’t matter. Still learning to put things into perspective and develop less gray hairs potentially? Haha…. Funny how you mention being an enabler but it looks like Colin put OWD into the budget?! Yeee hawww… Have fun looking at the inventory but I’m sure as Missy would guide you, it’s nice to go directly to Adam as I don’t think their website is as user friendly as WF for example that has all the pictures and videos of each stone. Let me know if I can help out in any way though it’s really Missy who has all the expertise at least when it came to picking out my stone. Though thinking of cars, I’ve always told DH that I value bling more than vehicles and think of it more of transportation from A to B as long as it keeps me safe. I love my old clunker and hope that I stay content for as long as she keeps running.

Glad you are feeling better and hope that the jet lag continues to pass and you feel more and more back into routine. I’m sure Adam is missing your Samosa and other treats you left at the house.

@junebug17 – I’m really excited for your race and good luck to your family who is doing the event with you as well. We are all rooting for you and may there be good weather that day!

@missy – Ohh no… numbers heading in the wrong direction… : / I know I’ve been B12 deficient and need to take daily supplements. This is just a side note but wearing sun block prevents harmful things from getting into your body but it also prevents the good things such as developing B12. Sometimes caring for the body is so hard but sorry that there isn’t a clear path for you. Is it better to keep taking the medicine or better to stop it? I hope it’s not going to be a situation where you have to “live with” the worse side effects/condition…. Way to stay in good spirits. Visit to the beach house soon to take your mind off things?

Glad you had a fun time with your friend. Glad ya’ll had tons of laughs!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Little Pierre sounds like Dottie @PierreBear I’m sure she’d eat all day if we let her. Poor little boy rubbing his fur off. We feed Dottie at 8am and 5.15pm and you’d think she’d been starved for weeks the way she carries on :roll I hope you find a solution to the feeding situation, it must be difficult when he needs to eat little but often. Thanks for the offer, I’m going to decide what I want after my trip to WF in September. I’m with you, any car will get me where I’m going, but a diamond :love:

Oh no @missy I’m so sorry your tests results weren’t what you wanted to hear. :(2 It’s just so frustrating for you that the current treatment isn’t helping. I’m glad to hear you’re not letting it get you down, onwards and upwards, there must be something out there that’s going to help, you just haven’t found it yet (tho’ not for lack of trying).

Your weather is crazy, more snow, someone tell Mother Nature it’s April!

Yay to having a good catch up with your friend.

Well I’m even more convinced aliens have kidnapped Colin and replaced him with a lookalike :lol: He actually said if I wanted to look at old cuts, we could go to NY then fly down to Adams. He has never had the slightest interest in jewellery, now he’s happy to go to WF and OWD :D I’m not complaining tho’, long may it continue :tongue:

We had someone come this afternoon to quote for painting the outside of the house, so we’ll see how quickly we hear from them.

It’s starting to warm up here at last :dance:

Safe travels @junebug17

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, are you planning any trips soon?

Jimmianne, you will still be beautiful at your daughter’s future SIL.

Missy, I did see some snow coming down there on day this week on the morning talk shows. Are you warming up yet? We are expecting about 6” of snow by this time tomorrow. I’d love to see some flowers around here. Your friend’s pictures from Spain are great. I am sure you enjoyed catching up with her. I am glad your meds agree with you but I hate to hear your blood results. I hope the medicine helps. Hang in there and I wish there were better ways to find what works than trial and error.

Junebug, good luck in your run this weekend, you will do awesome. I am glad you are enjoying running errands in your Macan; I am sure Pebbles would want you to enjoy your new car. Oh no to more snow coming this weekend; it’s a good weekend to be in SC.

PierreBear, you did great with your breakfast line. It sounds great. That’s a lot to prepare in a short amount of time. I highly recommend you go test drive a Macan some weekend for something to do. You too may be a Macan fan. Oh no about your cat; I hope the plate you put in the auto feeder helps and he can’t hurt himself.

CJ, how are you doing?

Austina, that’s good you are adjusting to your local time again. Did you find any diamonds you can’t live without at OWD? That is pretty cool Colin said you could visit both OWD and WF. Such a deal.

Sharon, I hope your snow is gone by June. I however wouldn’t bet you on it. Have fun training.

Work slowed down finally today. We’ll be busy some next week and the week after but then I’ll be bored.

Marty is in Texas for a few days then he won’t be going back to LA until the week after next. I won’t know what to do with him at home for 2 weeks.

I picked up some groceries on the way home tonight and gassed up my car. I’m ready for a snowy weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening NIRDIs!

Bet you're surprised aren't you.

Just when you think I'm totally predictable and only post in the mornings BAM I shock you all and keep you on your toes. :cheeky:

The reality is you didn't notice I post only in the day isn't it :(

haha OK I had too much caffeine or something.

marcy, first, I am very tempted to let you continue to think I made my Easter calls. What I said is that I didn't. :rodent: Did you make YOUR calls yet young lady? ::)
Hope you enjoyed your glass of wine. Glad work slowed down a bit for you and that you're all ready for the weekend. Sounds cozy.

missy I didn't realize you got those emoticons from that place I knew about that thread but I feel like I had not seen some of the ones you used before.

I sent my mom an email tonight letting her know how I feel about some things and I made sure to sprinkle it cute emoticons to lessen the chance of her getting mad at me. 8-)

june thanks and I agree about the holidays. Now stop showing off "running" a few errands. Do you have to remind us every time now how you're bigshot runner? :D

pierre I think that's awesome that you talked outloud you did what you needed to do. I can't even imagine what I would look like and sound like if I tried to cook under pressure. Even by myself I am a total mess. I am so not a natural. One minute over sounds pretty good! And yes, as far as the Jefferson Dinner I bet it's those little moments where someone doesn't understand someone's story etc. that yield the most interesting insights / interactions. I don't know enough people to have a dinner of any kind. You guys are it. :D

hi to the rest of the NIRDIs and their furbabies :kiss:

I'm doing OK - forgot to tell you guys on our way back from our trip I gave in and bought a few magazines. Can you believe they are like $7 or $8 EACH? That's why I never buy them. What is it with greeting cards and magazines? :mad:

OK that's it for tonight girls everyone have a great night.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, how did your mom take your email? Never in a million years did I ever think I would give birth to a beautiful little girl and have to spend the rest of my life working on our relationship. A good child puts the parents to the test. Lucky the parent who gets a child who teaches. : )
I agree...I look at these magazine prices and omg.

PBear I am envious of your cooking abilities. It would be incredibly to know how to cook well. Thank you for sharing your adventures!
I love reading about your cooking and also Marcy's menus. Here we eat rice cakes with butter for dinner and feel fortunate to have found something in the larder a'tall.

Missy, more snow?!!! Did you ever buy those Sharon-boots with spikes? Here's wishing you Spring and SOON :appl:

Austina, you have a wonderful husband to put owd in the budget. Smart man.

June, thinking of you xx

Hi Sharon, have you even gotten out of your spiked boots this winter??!

My young friend and I had a good laugh yesterday.
We got together on my deck to sketch outside and just as we settled in a car pulled up with strangers in it.
Two women got out and started a pitch about health care in our community, etc etc.
we were trying to be polite but they would not shut up and go away. Finally one of them was clueless and bold enough to sit down with us.
I was shocked at myself. Without knowing I was going to speak, I suddenly said rather forcefully " go away! Just go away,"
The women looked stricken and left.
My friend and I started laughing and could not stop.
Obviously I am beginning to channel my inner old lady bitch person. :lol-2:

Happy Friday NIRDIs :saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 we are cheering you on and you are going to have a great run!
cleader.gif

You are
1841258xa5otnz5ax.gif
to us no matter how the race ends.

@CJ2008 haha that is how I used to post too. Just in the early AM but now I find myself checking in a few times a day time permitting. My schedule is so much freer now and I just do what I want when I want it. Very much loving retirement and being free with time generally. It's pretty darn sweet.
1854526ox0046p8do.gif

That is a clever way to write unpleasant things to your mom and soften the blow a bit. Hope it worked! Give Mousey big kisses and hugs from me please. What a sweet baby. Hoping for some happy news regarding her very soon. Love her.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

@Jimmianne you go girl.
hi501.gif
That's fierce. Channel that inner old lady b cause you make it work.
And I am with you. I wish the telemarketers and the people who are preaching at us etc would just leave us the heck alone. MYODB and work on yourself and leave us in peace. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your sketching session in peace and harmony with your young friend.
1899435kruf363mvq.gif

Spike boots next year perhaps. Fortunately the snow we have been getting has not been sticking and just hangs around long enough to be pretty. Let's hope the snow stops soon however and Spring and mild temps and green grass and lovely flowers arrive for all of us very soon. Weekend is predicted some snow and cold I think. Feels like that movie Groundhog Day. Rinse wash repeat. Rinse wash repeat.
1237348a1c2hmw78k.gif
LOL.

@PierreBear forgot to tell you we have another Philharmonic concert this weekend. Looking forward to it. And we did get tickets to My Fair Lady this summer. I don't normally like making plans for shows in the summer because that means we have to stay in NYC but this time I got Wednesday matinee tickets and Greg will just take off early from work. Clever aren't I?

What are your weekend plans? Any special meals/cooking involved?
grinNbrew.gif

Continuing this into next post because the emoticon limit is 10 sigh....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results