shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy haha yay for Marty being home for 2 whole weeks next week. Oh no to another snowy weekend. The winter that won't quit. Hope the snow does not stick around for long. Glad work slowed down a bit finally. Whew. Before we know it these will be all around us hopefully.
Cute%20flowers.gif

What are your weekend plans Marcy? Any good movies lined up? We just finished watching Doctor Foster. Season one was enjoyable and Season two was a bit OTT. Popcorn and a movie sounds like a good plan for a snowy weekend if you are looking for any suggestions.
1899429ix0yflafza.gif

@Austina yay for aliens talking some sense into Colin. Time for your old cut ER. YES.
29261o4pp4eiope.gif
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

@canuk-gal what are your weekend plans? Do you ice skate? I love ice skating and that is one lovely plus in living in a climate where there is a change of seasons.
1899473yn3huetb7s.gif

@Scandinavian thinking of you and hoping all is well.

So I might be heading to the beach soon...I will keep you posted. My dh might be finishing up there soon. We will see. The anticipation is actually quite delicious and I am enjoying thinking about my new kitchen there and savoring the anticipation.
1899449huiscpgoci.gif

Have a wonderful Friday girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

Back to more coffee. Ahhhh Coffee.
tea_cup.gif

sending_flowers.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, I just noticed that my two posts meant to be together are on different pages.
gaah.gif
Idunno1.gif
:lol:

So please look at the previous page so you dont think I left any of you lovely ladies out. I separated the posts because of the pic limit and then they turned up on different pages lol.

In case you missed it my first post this AM was this one:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/now-i-really-did-it.203471/page-431#post-4319446

and second post which continued the first is the top one on this page. I don't do anything easy.:oops2::lol:

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday. Yay! Our fridge is being delivered today. GE will take away the old and bring in the new. Nothing fancy and we settled on the newer version of what we previously had before. Hope it looks sleek though as I wasn’t sure how the water dispenser area looked like but hopefully it will all work out. The other update is that my cat had some gashes on his head now. I was telling DH that I think the plate method helped prevent the neck gashes but because of how the plate catches the food, he might not be able to reach the food at the back and could have been rubbing off hair on his head. This morning though we did see that he was clever to use his paw to push some of the food forward. So who knows… will continue to monitor that little lovely hungry beast. My poor cat baby is losing his hair but DH is working from home today so he can monitor him a little better. OK well that’s it for now so hope ya’ll have a great Friday and weekend. One more cheer for @junebug17 for her race and may there be clean porta potties too just for you!!!

@Austina – So neat that Colin wants to take you to WF and OWD. I’m sure it brings him joy when you find that special diamond that represents your union together. Excited for you!!! I know you are trying to figure out between old cut and ACA but did you have a setting in mind? Your current one is a halo but you wanted something different. Aahhh I’m so pumped for you!

Hope the painting of the house is looking well. Did you go with the same color?

@marcy – hahaha nnooo I don’t want to be tempted to drive a Macan. As @Austina said earlier, diamonds can sway my heart a lot and so far cars don’t I hope it stays that way. Hehehe… but one day I’ll test drive it when my car is on it’s last leg perhaps.

Oh neat that Marty is in Texas. Is it for more training? Enjoy the time at home with him.

@CJ2008 – It’s ok to give into magazines. I might be that person standing at the grocery line flipping through them briefly while I’m waiting. It’s a fun guilty pleasure! Hope you are feeling rested, back at home from your trip.

By the way, I’m quite the introvert honestly. I have to work really hard to meet new people and invite them into my lives. It seems like a rare thing to ask someone you don’t know very well to do something so when someone invites me to something, I tend to go out of my way to say yes. Likewise, I think I’ve been seeing the same the same thing where I assume if I ask someone to go to a happy hour or grab lunch, I think they will say no but half the times they say yes. You are quite the lovely lady so I bet there are tons of people around you saying, I want to get to know that girl!!!! : )

@Jimmianne – You are too kind with your words. I’m not a great cook but I enjoy trying and learning. If I was living in France though, I would be eating out more often and enjoying their cuisine! Hahaha

Way to be bold. Sometimes you do just want alone time and people might be too focused on their agenda to see.

@missy – yayyyyy enjoy that concert! I love that ya’ll do that together. I need to look to see if there are any musicals going on in town too. We are doing date night today and trying out a new restaurant so looking forward to it. No specific plans but want to do some more gardening and yard work. We still have a gift card to a movie theater so I might request to do that though I have some movies I picked out from the library already too. Ahhh an open weekend means opportunity for anything!!

PS – I love your emoticons. Thanks for making your posts so fun! :dance:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and Happy Friday :appl:

jimmianne - I don't know yet :( I don't think she read it. Well, you can teach only if the person is willing and open so one can't happen without the other. So lucky is a child who has a parent willing to listen and open to learning.

Go away. Just go away. :lol:

austina - happy for you that your DH wants to look at jewelry with you. How fun.

missy - it wasn't so much unpleasant as it was it was just kind of calling her out on a couple of things which I don't have an easy time doing. So yeah, I guess you could say unpleasant. I think she's "learned" a lot over the years so I do give her a lot of credit for that. I'm definitely not the easiest daughter because I'm such a loner which is completely opposite to her personality.

Mousey sends you hugs and kisses.

There's a 10 emoticon limit? ;(

I'm having a nice huge cup of coffee right now.

pierre did I miss the story about your kitty in all your posts? What's wrong with him? :(( I hope he gets better.

Yes for some reason I felt OK spending the $ (I bought 3!) - probably because I haven't given in so long I deserved it. :bigsmile:

Good for you about going out of your way to say yes. It's smart, really. They do say it's good for you to connect with people. I think as long as you accept yourself as you are and don't say yes out of your pressure or guilt but for your own reasons it's a very good thing.

So forgot to tell you, guys (pierre reminded me when she said about feeling rested) - I've been having dreams for the like the last week or so. And I haven't had dreams in a very long time. I had dreams about dogs fighting for a few nights in a row. One dream was like 4 dobermans or those kinds of dogs laying down peacefully but then one of them started moving to try to get comfortable and then another and then there was growling and then they started fighting. In another dream 2 men were walking these abnormally huge dogs and one of the dogs started kind of rushing at the other dog in front of him and started nipping at his rear end. In all these dreams there was such a buildup of anxiety because as you can all probably guess I'm a huge animal lover and find it very difficult to watch any animal in pain or fighting. So I don't know what that's about. :shock:

And I have a question for you guys - would anybody know how to turn a poem into a picture so that it's shareable as a picture? This is the poem that Missy and I worked on for Mousey. Someone really nice on FB did it but it's a little blurry and looks crunched up. I want it to look exactly as the poem and clear, but I don't know if that's even possible. It might take someone with paid software or some kind of skills to do it like I wish it looked like.

Happy Friday guys and hugs everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Everything crossed for you @junebug17

Hope the fridge arrived safely @PierreBear and slotted right into place. Hope little Pierre hasn’t caused himself any more injuries and Mr PB kept an eye on him today. How are things going with your jobs?

I’ve decided that whatever I get, I’m having a simple 6 claw solitaire setting in platinum. ACA or old cut deserve to be the star :D

Work hasn’t started yet, we’ve had another contractor round today to quote, so we’ll see what prices they come up with.

:lol: @Jimmianne was it one of those “did I really say that out loud?” moments. I always try to be polite to people, but if they don’t get the hint, sometimes you just have to be blunt.

Those are strange dreams @CJ2008 . I often have the most convoluted complex dreams that always seem so real at the time, that I sometimes wake up scared or upset. It’s always a relief to realise they’re not real.

Haha @marcy when Colin retired I did wonder how we’d cope being together 24/7. Like Marty, he was always travelling, so the next 2 weeks will be a mini trial for retirement. :mrgreen: Yikes, more snow, what’s going on with this weird weather? Hope you’ve had a good day at work.

Hope all is well with you and the munchkins @Scandinavian I expect you’ve been really busy with the house and work. Have you used your super duper Aga yet?

We enjoyed Dr Foster series one @missy, but thought series 2 was verging on the ridiculous at times.

I have a soft spot for My Fair Lady, I was watching it the evening I went into labour :lol: Who’s starring in it? I love having something to look forward to.

Talking of which ................ I got back from having my hair done today, and Colin said he had something to show me.

He’d had an email from our cruise agent about a trip in July to ......................

NEW YORK :dance:

Sooooooo, we’ve put a hold on the cabin we want, and I’m anxiously waiting to hear back from Tom if he can have Dottie :pray: Hopefully he can, and we can confirm the booking. :D

So that’s enough excitement for one day, nearly the weekend :dance:

:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I'm excited for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

CJ, okay we are both putting off making our phone calls. Maybe I could get my chatty sister to make them for us. Magazines are very expensive anymore. We’ve dropped most of our subscriptions because you can find so many of them online. I know some magazines are included with our Prime membership. I read a few the first month we signed up and I haven’t gone back to look again. How did your mom react to your email?

Jimmianne, I am glad you have a beautiful daughter and I am sure both of you have learned a great deal from each other. Good for you telling those people to go away. I was telling someone at work today I’ve reached the age where I just don’t care what people think of me. Life is too short to put up with crap, right?

Missy, you were clever to pick up tickets for this summer to go to a Wednesday afternoon matinee. Good planning. I think popcorn and a movie are on my agenda for the weekend. My cleaning lady is coming in the morning. I may go eat lunch somewhere after she is done so I don’t have to mess up the kitchen. There are a few movies on video on demand I might watch. I have been redesigning my astronomy newsletter so I might work on that. I contemplated going bling shopping on Sunday. How exciting you’ll be heading to the beach house soon. I am sure you are very anxious to go test your new kitchen. Woo hoo!

PierreBear, oh no your poor cat. I hope you can figure something out so he won’t get hurt. Yay for getting your new refrigerator. I like cars as well as bling but at least I only have one at a time. I am quite an introvert as well. I’ll say yes to things then try to figure out how to back out of them. Sorry to hear you are having some disturbing dreams. I hate when that happens. Can you take a picture of the poem?

Austina, your solitaire setting will be gorgeous. I can’t wait to see what you decide you like. I am sure it was an adjustment for you and Colin when he retired. For a few years Marty was gone more than he was home; then he hardly traveled for about a year and a half and now it’s about 50% of time. At least our house is big enough we can get away from each other. Our last house it was difficult to get off to our own space. Did Colin have a surprise for you? It sounds like your going to see some diamonds in NYC and get to visit Missy and Greg.

Junebug, good luck for your run!

I can sum up my day in 2 pictures. Is this anyway to treat a Porsche?
Take care.
Marcy
IMG_2662 2.JPG IMG_2663 2.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
glasses_hand2.gif

Junie GOOD LUCK!!!!
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

Oh no PierreBear your poor kitty! I am so sorry and hope you guys can figure it out and help your sweet baby! Yay for your fridge being delivered how exciting. Hugs to you and your sweet kitty...please keep us posted.

CJ yes there is a 10 image limit per post. Oh well. I am glad we can add the emoticons to liven up posts when we want to at least. I am sorry I have no clue how to fix the page on FB but it looks good to me as is. Hope someone can help you figure it out. What about the cat rescue gurus on FB? Hope the email was taken in the right spirit by your mom and it helps the relationship. (((HUGS)))

Woohoo Austina! I am excited for you. What a wonderful trip (I hope) that will be. Let me know the details via email.:appl:

Marcy oh no more snow grrrrrr. Your car looks fabulous snow covered or not I have to say. She/He is a beauty in every way.:kiss2: And my favorite color too...she/he is such a pretty Blue.:cool2:

Oh bling shopping Sunday! Count me in...I wish. And good luck reformatting your Astronomy newsletter. Enjoy your videos/movies and the weekend Marcy and here hoping Spring is soon on the way for realz.

1237378tapy7m6a6j.gif

Hello Sharon! Hope you enjoy a lovely weekend! Hugs.

Hugs to all of you lovely ladies and you know who you are. We are off to the concert today and very excited about it.
orchestra.gif
46167cirbnoolem.gif

Enjoy your Caturday Saturday!

catsonbed.jpeg

slider_grouphugg.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy that car is gorgeous. And yes, would you mind asking your sis to make some phone calls for me? Only thing is she could never ask me to do the same for her, so she'd have to come up with something else. And I don't make cookies, either. How is your newsletter redesign coming along? Is it like a fancy newsletter or black and white? My mom has not mentioned the email which more likely means she read it. :D She'll eventually either respond or call me out on it which will of course petrify me on the inside :D

missy the post that I did the poem looks beautiful :kiss2: but that's because it's text. In another post/section one of Mousey's fans turned it into a picture. But it's blurry and it didn't keep the poem format. I can of course just share it as text, but it would be so nice to have it as a picture too I think. Good idea asking the cat guru people, there is one lady who has been nice and has shared Mousey's story a couple of time. Hi beautiful kitties! Enjoy your Saturday! ETA thanks for the words about my mom.

austina yes, always a relief when you realize they were just dreams. I haven't had one in a couple of nights so that's good. New York! How exciting!

Anyway girls that's it for now.

Hugs

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @marcy your poor car :(2 all that horrible ice and snow spoiling her beautiful azure paintwork. I saw one the other day like yours and commented to Colin that it’s just like Marcys - which was, of course, met with a blank look. :D Then I had to explain who you are, where you’re from, who you’re married too etc. I think he thinks that I know all kinds of strange people via the Internet - he was worried PB might be a serial killer masquerading as a young lady who likes diamonds :lol:

Hi @CJ2008 Have a great weekend, any plans?

Wellllll, the good news is that Tom can have Dottie, flights have been booked and plans made :appl:

We will be picking up the cruise in NY and when we get back, have got a ‘date’ with Greg & Missy, I’m so excited, I can’t wait. Who’d have thought I’d be able to meet 2 beautiful NIRDIs in the space of a few months?

Not much going on here, we had a very muddy walk this morning, and tomorrow have a meeting of the Southern Italian Spinone Group, so will be there most of the day.

Have a great weekend my lovely friends, and run @junebug17 run!

2BD70885-14D8-475D-A147-7AB6D7D8BAC0.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturdaycuddleday.
Those kitties look mighty comfy.

Austina, your trip sounds better and better!

Cold and rainy here.

Attachments

• IMG_5290.JPG
    IMG_5290.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 32

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, you won’t be surprised that I liked that color of car because it matched one of my sapphire rings. Some things are just more important than others and color coordinating with bling is a top priority. I won’t be bling shopping tomorrow since my cleaning lady didn’t show this morning. I finally sent her aa text about 30 minutes after she said she’d be here and I get this oh I’m sorry I don’t have a babysitter. I can come tomorrow. Um I was supposed to figure that out telepathically? I can’t find decent, responsible employees anywhere. I think spring might get here about July 10th. I am sure you’ll get to see it before I will. I hope you enjoy the concert and I love the picture of a bed full of pampered cats.

CJ, my sister “doesn’t do” emails or text. I should send her a list of people for us to call. Maybe I should tell her I don’t “do calls” or at least ones that last more than 20 minutes. No worries about doing something to pay by sister back she will not allow anyone to do her a favor. She is so funny about that. You can’t even buy her a bottle of water without her paying you back. Well I guess your mom will either bring up your email sometime or just ignore it. Good luck with that. My newsletter isn’t real fancy. I have some color photos as a starry background in the title bars and use assorted color pictures in the stories. I did some background shading on the society news and upcoming events page and have color borders on them. I post it online as a PDF but it’s still not going to use a ton of ink to print it out. Thanks for the kind words about my iced up car. There is a big puddle of water around the car in the garage this morning.

Austina, that is pretty funny about your husband thinking PB might be some crazed serial killer. When I met up with Kristie and Dee Jay I got the same reaction from Marty. I was more worried would they like me than would they kill me? I generally refer to you ladies as the diamond forum group I’m in and just mention where you ladies live. That’s great news Tom will watch Dottie and your flight is booked. I am so excited for you to meet Greg and Missy, and diamond shop and go on a cruise. You are living the dream!

Jimmianne, stay safe and warm.

The sun is out and the trees are frosty. I thought of driving around and taking pictures but decided to work on laundry and start a batch of beef noodle soup. Woo hoo - lunches for this week too. Obviously I will brew up a batch of cookies to warm up the house. It’s as good of an excuse as any.

I am watching Apollo 13 right now and can imagine my niece working on some future manned spacecraft crisis. She works as a flight dynamics officer and is training to work in mission control Johnson Space Center.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy, forgot to tell you (and everyone, actually) I watched Girls Trip last night and other than a couple of over the top raunchy or tactless things I thought it was really good. Good acting (my least favorite was actually Jada Smith) and the story was kind of OK too.

And also that I've been enjoying having the paper magazines. Read one article this morning with my coffee and it was really nice, it's been a long time that I've done and that's something I used to do all the time. I bought "Bloomberg Newsweek" "Psychology Today" and "Clean Eating". I've read a few articles in all of them except for the Clean Eating one. :lol: And a couple of nights ago I bought chocolate/vanilla ice cream pops. I had not had those in at least a decade. It's all going downhill for sure. :lol:

Sending you good luck vibes, June!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this amusing
Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 10.01.54 AM.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

The run was this morning and luckily 911 didn't have to be called, I survived lol. I did ok - I managed to run the whole way, which was kind of important to me, but I was very slow. It was very hard! We stayed in a hotel last night and I didn't get any sleep, and I think that really worked against me. The hotel was very convenient for the run though. The weather was good too - overcast and a good breeze so comfortable. It was fun being in Charleston last night, lots of people milling about. Everyone was all hyped up and there was a party atmosphere. We watched the Masters in a bar for a bit, went out for a nice dinner, and walked around the city for a while. This experience made me realize running really isn't my forte though, I just don't seem to have the stamina for it and I get winded so quickly. A big thank you to everyone for your support and good wishes!!! :kiss2:

Oh, one funny thing...we were nearing the finish line and I noticed a woman older than me a little ahead of me, and I said to dh "there is no way that woman is going to beat me" and I sped up and sprinted across the finish line ahead of her. Dh and ds got a kick out of it lol. Pride is a great motivator sometimes ha. :P2

Missy, I'm glad you're handling the medication and I do hope it helps you feel better. Sorry about the issues with your low levels of ferritin and iodine and I'm hoping the endocrinologist can help you figure things out. How great you had such a fun time with your friend laughing and chatting, must be nice to have her back. You must be really looking forward to spending time in your beautiful new kitchen, I hope you can make it there soon. Have a fabulous time today at the concert! And thank you SO much for your good wishes.

PB, I am so sorry your kitty is getting injured in trying to get to his food! I hope you can figure something out. Boy, these kitties can be challenging, Zoe still occasionally freaks out when she sees her image in windows. I hope you are happy with your new fridge, I love getting a new appliance. I've been thinking of you as I have made my way through this run, and I have a new appreciation for you, your dh, and LLJsmom, running is hard!

Austina, how awesome that Colin is supportive and excited about you getting a new diamond, and willing to take a trip to go diamond shopping! How awesome. :dance: I think it just makes it more fun and meaningful when the hubs is on board. I love both mrbs and old cuts, what a tough decision - but such a fun one! I still remember how excited I was to get my OEC. And a cruise to NY, how fantastic! Lots of wonderful things to look forward to :appl: That pic is adorable, I love it and thank you!

CJ, lol to me running errands, I'm such a show-off haha! Believe me, I think my running days are over, I'm getting too darn old. Thank you for your encourgement. Glad you're enjoying your magazines, it does sound like a nice change of pace. I'm sorry I can't help you out with Mousey's poem, not sure how to go about fixing it. And sorry about the upsetting dreams, I have strange dreams sometimes and it's weird how the unpleasantness of them stays with us for a while. Yum to the ice cream pops, they sound delish!

Jimmianne, too funny you had to be extremely direct with the healthcare women! I've experienced that too, I guess sometimes the pent-up frustration just takes over. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts! I think your good vibes helped push me over that finish line lol.

Marcy, I have an idea - how about my brother and your sister call each other? :D They'd probably talk over each other ha. Lol to getting used to having Marty home for 2 weeks! Wow, your poor car! Ugh to that ice, I hope it warms up soon for you. A movie and popcorn sounds great, you deserve it after the work week you've had. That's a shame the cleaning woman didn't let you know she couldn't make it. Cookies and beef noodle soup sounds so good! Love the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, so funny and sort of true!

Not much going on for the rest of the day - dh went golfing, ds is taking a nap, and I'm lazing around and watching the Masters. We'll probably go out for dinner tonight, and then heading home tomorrow.

have a great night everyone!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Congratulations on running the whole race and finishing!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quick fly by to say woohoo @junebug17 you’re AMAZING!!

Sooo proud of you, you did it!

Must dash, we’re off to a Spin meeting.

Be back later :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

WOOHOO JUNIE!!!!! So proud of you and super impressed (but not surprised) and you did it!!!

1921765gi8123j4c.gif

cringlecancan.gif

1169425oabd8or7qu.gif

dance_3_7.gif

Party%20for%20Skippy.gif

You are the best Junie....you are
1841258xa5otnz5ax.gif
!!!

I hope you are getting some well earned and deserved R&R now.
1854526ox0046p8do.gif
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif
1899449huiscpgoci.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I am back. Needed a coffee infusion as I just woke up a little while ago but was so excited about Junie's wonderful news had to reply first and then get coffee! Hello girls and Happy Sunday!

Marcy LOVE the Calvin and Hobbes strip. Haha and that sentiment is true.
5013295x4kzhv5xfgffffff.gif

How is your weekend going? Ugh to your cleaning lady. How irresponsible of her being a no show and not calling. Has she done this before? I am sorry-that is disappointing I know. Especially when you are all ready for her to come. Glad you enjoyed a movie last night. We are watching The Fall Season 2 (because I already forgot it and season 3 is available and we needed to catch up) and it is very entertaining. I love Gillian Anderson.
I cannot remember if I saw Apollo 13. Time to check it out.Thanks for the rec.

CJ I wish I was better at technology. So frustrating that kids can take care of these issues with ease and we are struggling and don't know how to resolve technical issues. Hope the cat gurus on FB can help you.

Austina I am very excited. No word from you know who yet but it is the weekend. I did text that person but then realized uh oh it's Saturday haha. Will keep you posted. Greg and I are very much looking forward to seeing you and Colin and maybe Adam and his fiancée.
Hope you are enjoying your Spin class. Fun.

Hello Jimmianne, I am excited to hear your updates and also other stuff.
biggyhug.gif

Rainwood hope your weekend is going well!

Greg and I had a wonderful day yesterday. Saw Beethoven's Eroica at the Philharmonic
orchestra.gif

and saw friends afterwards for dinner. Lovely day and evening. Took a few quick pics.

Warming up. I should have used the phone's pantascopic setting which I did not do as there was no time.
philharmonicspring2018.jpg

During intermission
missyandgregphilharmonicapril2018.jpg

It was a cold but bright sunny day. I know Spring is coming (hopefully before Summer arrives) but it is sure taking its sweet time.

2161729j8800t5nwm.gif

Back to more coffee.
1370758t2un0q5qua.gif
We are seeing Stanley today I hope. Nervous but excited but also really 5 cats? I have to take a step back here and go cautiously (haha catsiously).
Have a great Sunday ladies!
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great news JuneB--you did fabu! Loved to hear of your marathon success!!!!!

Missy--you wear light clothing in cold weather--you are my hero! Rock it! I am always overdressed cuz I hate the cold. We got 3.8 cms of snow yesterday but at least is is only -10C. hahaha Supposed to warm up this week, but needless to say it won't be the 18C it was last year. boohoo

Hello to everyone else.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june - congratulations. YOU DID IT! :clap::dance: I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are!

missy - you look gorgeous in that color. And of course Greg looks super sharp. How did you hear about Stanley? What made you think about adopting him, was it something special in his history (other than being super cute I'm sure). You can make it right or you can make it not be right. If it works for you guys and you have the time and resources and space, and you've thought through all the details then why not. It's not the # that determines whether it's OK but your particular situation.

hi Sharon
hi rainwood!
hi austina

That's it for now!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies, we’re back.

What a day, it’s rained non-stop, the drive to the meeting was horrible. The plus side was that there were 2 gorgeous puppies there who happened to be brother and sister.

Could only capture one when it was zonked out, but got my fill of puppy cuddles. :love:

BDFEBAF1-491A-44D5-920F-66316F2B3A72.jpeg

I spent most of the time in the kitchen, getting the food ready and serving, then after the meeting, cleaning up and mopping the floor. I’m the second youngest committe member :lol:

How annoying and unprofessional of your cleaning lady not to let you know immediately that she couldn’t come @marcy. What is it with people that assume that their time is more valuable than yours so they don’t bother with the common courtesies any more? I hope she came today without any more delays.

Apollo 13 is a great film, always worth another watch.

Hope you’re not feeling too bad today @junebug17 it’s an amazing achievement, but like you, once was enough for me.:D I hope you got a medal that you can look at to remind yourself that you made it to the finish line.

So glad you enjoyed the symphony @missy, and you should definitely wear more red, just suits your colouring so well. Another puss? Is this one that we’ve seen a photo of?
I hope it works out for you. :pray:

Thanks @Jimmianne We’re pretty excited about the trip too, so much to look forward to. It’s been many years since we visited NY, so it’ll be a great trip all round.

Minus 10 @canuk-gal :eek-2: It’s April for goodness sake!

Hi @CJ2008 hope you’re having a good weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, congratulations! I am so excited for you. Congratulations to you DH and DS too. I did chuckle that 911 didn’t have to be called; I wasn’t worried that would happen. It sounds like you had a very nice time in Charleston and you definitely have something to put proud of accomplishing. That is pretty funny about making sure to beat that lady across the finish line. If only that could work out to get our siblings talking to each other on the phone. That would be nice. I am watching the end of the Masters right now.

Missy, I like Gillian Anderson too. I’ve always been a big X-Files fan. Apollo 13 has Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise in it; it’s a good movie. You and Greg look fabulous on your outing for the concert. I am glad you had a fabulous time at the concert and meeting up with some friends. It looks like you had decent weather too.

Sharon, I saw a Macan your color in a TV show the other night. I was all excited for you. I hate to hear it snowed so much and it is so cold there. I hope it warms up soon.

Hi CJ.

Austina, what an adorable puppy. He’s looks like he played hard and deserved a nap. I agree that Apollo 13 is worth a second watch. It’s a great story and wonderful movie.

So as Missy often says - you can’t make this stuff up. My cleaning lady sent me a text at about 6:50 saying she can’t clean today but she can clean next Saturday if that’s okay. She gave me 3 excuses. I woke up about 5 today so I was already showered and dressed. I went out and had a waffle for breakfast and I’ve been tired all day. She used to be very reliable; it was her sister that cancelled or didn’t show occasionally. I am starting to think they want me to fire them. If Marty was home this weekend I am sure he’d tell me to find someone else.

Since I was suddenly free today I thought of heading to Colorado for some bling shopping but I decided I was too tired to drive that far by myself. I even decided to take a nap - the first in probably 5 years and a friend of mine started texting me right after I feel asleep. Oh well.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy, the irresponsible employee magnet

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June
I am so proud of you
Congratulations!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie how are you feeling this morning? Hope you feel good and not too many side effects from your marathon. Woohoo Junie! Resident NIRDI marathoner!

Sharon thank you. I did have a coat with me (Greg however did not bring one I guess 40s is too warm for him for a coat lol) but it was on the seat back in the concert hall. This was on intermission we went out on their balcony and couldn't resist the photo op. It was chilly though. Sorry about the additional snow you received and I am hoping it warms up by both of us very soon! We are quite below normal re temps and today is no exception.We have a long trek ahead of us this AM so I am going to wear a winter coat today for sure.

CJ thank you. We heard about Stanley because I visit 2 animal rescue groups every week and one of them have Stanley. I am always falling in love with all of the cats but Stanley just caught my eye. But unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be) we are not adopting him. I just didn't feel it yesterday and the thought of a fifth was too much for me. If he was the right one I would have been swayed and I am sad because of course I want to adopt or at least save them all. He is being fostered by the rescue group leader's neighbor however so he does have a safe and warm hopefully loving home till he finds his furever home...

How is Mousey doing?

Marcy ugh you really cannot make that stuff up. So inconsiderate of your cleaning lady. I hate sounding b****y but it can be so challenging to find reliable and decent people to work for us. Hope you get that matter resolved easily and it doesnt happen again. Sorry your nap was interrupted. Double ugh. Hope today is a good day for you and we are one day closer to Friday. Remember that.:cool2:

Austina awwww love that photo and what a sweet bundle of love.:kiss2:
Thank you for the lovely comments and I do have and wear a lot of red though blue is my very favorite color to wear.
Sorry it rained nonstop yesterday ugh but yay to being the second youngest committee member. I remember the days when I used to be one of the youngest everywhere. That has changed.:lol:

GM Jimmianne I'm ready to join you and your diamond search party. :sun:

So we didn't adopt Stanley as I wrote above to CJ. I am sad but relieved too. It isn't meant to be. But look at this face. What a sweet boy.

stanleythecat.jpg

He's a one year old sweetie pie. Vaccinated negative for FeLV and neg for FIV and neutered and completely healthy and a very chill laid back kitty. Located in NYC. So if anyone is interested...:kiss2:

Off to the endocrinologist this AM. Have a good day girls.:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy I thought of you guys a few times yesterday. There is always something that just stands out about a kitty sometimes you can't explain it other times it's something in particular that just tugs at you. He's gorgeous, missy. And now that I see his picture I think I do remember you mentioning him before. I'm glad you listened to your gut, even though in a way of course I wish you had taken him because he'd be so lucky to be with you and Greg. But if the time is ever right, you'll know it. Hugs.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the endocrinologist.

Back a little later to catch up with everyone.

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had a free weekend without much of an agenda so it was nice to set our own schedule. Went on a date night and tried a new restaurant, which was pretty delicious and would put it on our list to repeat. Went to a new grocery store that opened up so close to where I work that sells Asian products. Will be a game changer for me that I’ll get to cook more Asian cuisine. Also, glad to report that my cat is doing better. The plate method seems to be working and no more hair loss and his wounds are healing up. He’s such a strange guy but we get so much joy from him. On another note, the fridge was properly delivered and they didn’t damage the house in the process. However, I’ll be honest to say that I liked my older model better. I dislike that I’m picky about things or that change is hard for me. It just would have been nice to get a replacement and be 100% excited about it. So I’m going to self-talk right now… I have a working fridge and it should last hopefully 10 years and that’s a blessing! OK leaving on a positive note so have a great Monday!

@CJ2008 – Thanks for asking about my cat. No real medical issue, so I shouldn’t worry. He just likes to rub his cat body at the expense of getting food and rubs his fur off. Weirdo cat!

I’m sure that the poem you and Missy put together is amazing. I think an easy way to do it is to type it up in word and then take a screen shot of it. Or I use the “snipping tool” to capture what I want and it turns into something you can upload. I hope that helps but I’m sure other people might have a better way to do it.

@Austina – Thanks for asking about my work. So far so good and manageable in terms of hours and workload. How I described it in the past was just me adjusting to something new and my anxiety got the best of me. We do have auditors coming in this month though so that will be a harder time period than usual but it will be just fine.

Hurray… simple 6 claw setting in platinum is one of my favorite looks. I toyed with doing that myself except my original e-ring looks too similar so didn’t opt for it. Classy look for a classy and beautiful lady!

Yippeee…. Cruising in July. How does a cruise to NY work? It’s just one port that you get off to explore or do you hit other places on the way to NY? Very exciting and getting to meet up with Missy/Greg… Yahhoo!

What is the Southern Italian Spinone Group about? Eating Italian foods? Haha.. just kidding.. do you bring Dottie with you to the events? Have fun!

@marcy – Oh I think your previous message might have been to CJ2008. No doggie dreams for me but sometimes I do have dreams of my father and those are a bit unsettling since we don’t have a good relationship. Yikes… I’ve never seen icecles on a car before. Is that at work? Ummmm sorry for sounding like a Texan but how do you defrost to drive home?! Beautiful car even despite the ice!

@missy – Awww your outfit is adorable. Glad you took that photo at intermission. Look at you with your knee high boots again. Glad you had fun at the concert!

@junebug17 – Way to go on running the entire time and meeting your goal… then also beating that other lady in front of you. Did you catch the running but and might continue to do a few events here and there? Sounds like you had a great time! I never sleep well before a race either. Haven’t figured out that one!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

One of the reasons I’ve never had a cleaner is precisely because of what you’re going through @marcy. I hope you can find someone more reliable, although I suppose that’s always difficult. I’ve never really liked the thought of someone in my home, touching my things, or potentially snooping through my drawers :lol:

Sorry you didn’t get to go bling shopping, we’re you thinking of something in particular, or just hoping that something would catch your eye?

I’m sorry things didn’t work out with Stanley @missy, but it has to be right for both of you. He’s such a gorgeous boy, I feel sure he’ll soon have a lovely home. I hope your appt today went well, and you’ve got some answers.

There’s plenty of time before the trip to get things sorted so don’t worry. :twisted2:

Hi @CJ2008 Did you have a good weekend?

Hope you had a safe trip home @junebug17 and are recovered from your ‘ordeal’ :D

Hi @PierreBear glad little Pierre isn’t causing himself any more damage, silly sausage :mrgreen2:

I must admit, I can’t get excited about household appliances, so don’t feel bad, as long as it works with no problems, it’s all good.

Sounds like you and Mr PB had a lovely weekend. I wonder if the shop you’re talking about is the one Kim mentioned to me, I think it might be, bearing in mind your location :think:

Dottie always comes to the meet up, plus honorary Spins.

We got confirmation of the cruise today (we had it on hold), and it just gets better and better. We’re getting lots of extras, in addition to our loyalty bonuses :dance: Colin even managed to get our flights on points too :cheeky:

We fly into NY, overnight and have the following day there, then board the ship the following day. Our first port is Newport, RI, then Boston, Mass, then Bar Harbour, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2 days in Bermuda, then back to NY on the Wednesday before flying home on the Saturday.

Another dull miserable day, Spring where are you??

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, are all of your flowers and trees in bloom yet?

Missy, yes we are one day closer to Friday already. Woo hoo! Plus I have tomorrow off and I am going to totally ignore work email on my phone. I swear! Stanley looks like a sweetie. I hope they find him a forever home. I hope things went well at the doctor’s office.

CJ, kitties are like gems and diamonds - when it’s right; you know it.

PierreBear, how nice to have a free weekend. I hope you learn to like your new frig; ours was a big improvement over the one we moved downstairs. To be fair - the ice dispenser was smarter than me and I had to chase down ice cubes all the time that shot across the floor. It was my only form of exercise. Ha Ha. That’s great you found a restaurant you both liked and an Asian store in your area. Yes, doggies dreams was to CJ - sorry about that. I switch back and forth between a word processing program and the thread. I hate to hear you have some unsettling dreams about your father and that you don’t have a good relationship with him. I have some dreams about my dad but he’s gone so I get kind of upset when I have them. Thanks, I am enjoying my car. The side shot of my car with icicles was at work, the front shot was in our garage. i still had most of the icicles on it when i got home.

Austina, I am very hesitant to let people touch my stuff too but those cleaning ladies do keep our house looking very nice. I have my eye on some sapphire earrings, a sapphire pendant and maybe a larger pink sapphire. Of course I always ask to see their unique sapphires and often leave with one of them. Woo hoo to getting your flights on points. Your cruise sounds fabulous.

Marty got home late this afternoon and we went to supper tonight. It was nice to catch up and hear about his strength conference this weekend. He really enjoyed it.

I have tomorrow off but mostly to get our taxes turned in and I’m getting a hair cut in the morning.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
tea_cup.gif

Junie thank you for your advice and comfort. You are a sweetheart. How are you feeling today?

CJ thank you honey. I think of Stanley a lot now every day for similar reasons. I feel badly not adopting him because he would have a great life with us. But at least I know it is too much for us right now and he wasn't the right cat for our fifth. But I feel sad about that. I wanted him to be the one and I hate saying no. Hugs to you and to Mousey.

PierreBear so relieved your kitty is doing better. And very glad work is getting more manageable. Definitely there is a learning curve in most new situations. Anxiety can be challenging and I think it is because of perfectionistic tendencies. Not a bad thing. Drives you to do your best. Yay to getting to cook more Asian food in class and double yay to enjoying a free weekend with your dh. I hear you re not liking change. Many of us are right there with you. Sorry you are not loving the new fridge as much as the old fridge and hopefully in time that will change.

Austina sorry it's another yucky Spring day. And I use that term very loosely. Here too it is blech weather. But it's going to be near 80 this Saturday???What? LOL cannot make this stuff up. Glad Dottie joins in on the fun. Heard back from Adam and we have confirmation from him we are on that day. Woohoo! Your cruise sounds wonderful.:appl:

Marcy woohoo for having today off! Glad Marty is back home with you and you had supper out last night. Glad he enjoyed his conference. Have a good haircut and good luck with the taxes being turned in tomorrow. I bet you are glad you are done with those. Ooh more sapphire bling...yes please. :love:
Enjoy your day off and yes keep work on ignore today if you can.:appl:

Sharon is your weather warming up? We are jumping many many degrees by this weekend. Crazy weather.

Good morning Rainwood and Jimmianne.

So first of all want to let you all know I am feeling OK and emotionally good. Yesterday was a bit jarring for me however as we saw my endocrinologist and he shocked me by doubling me med. From 60 mg Armour once a day to 60 mg twice a day. I pushed back as he hadn't received any new blood work after I started the new med 11 days ago. But he was adamant and said basically he knows best. Not in those words. His exact words I believe were "To give up control" and trust him so I could get better. ::) The thing is and I told him I don't feel badly and it is just the eyebrow thing and being tired but that is because of sleeping issues. He said I have been feeling like this for so long I don't even realize what it is to feel good or something like that.

I cannot just hand over complete trust to a physician as I have been burned before. BUT I will think about it and he is otherwise very pleasant (so far) and seems knowledgeable. But I have done lots of reading on this subject and one is supposed to go LOW and SLOW with thyroid meds and upping the dosage.

He took more blood yesterday and my thinking (as of now and it could change) is to wait till I get those results in a week plus and then maybe up the dosage depending. Greg did say I shouldn't go to my next appointment in 3 weeks without letting him know if I am not following his instructions to double the meds. Greg was with me during the appointment and he did ask questions and that was helpful. He also says trust my gut but my gut is confused. LOL.

Anyway I do not want to give up on this endocrinologist (unless he fires me for not following his instructions oy) because it is almost impossible to find an integrative medicine doctor who is an endocrinologist. So while I have to listen to my body I know sometimes one has to listen to the doctor and just hope they really do know best. So I will see what I do. I think I probably will try the double dose but not for at least a week or even more. Seeing him in 3 weeks for follow up.

Interestingly my internist (who I love and haven't seen for 2 years but have an appointment with at the end of April) called me last night very late for us at 9PM. I was still up fortunately and answered the phone and he was super nice. He was calling personally to ask if we would mind moving our appointment to the week before or after as that would help him out greatly re a conflict in his schedule. But it we couldn't no worries and he would be there. I said of course we could so we moved the appointment. I thanked him for calling us personally. He is really a sweet man and always super gracious. It will be good to get his take on this but he is also very conservative and I am sure would balk at the med I am on (NDT) and the dose.

OK off to another doctor this AM. Oh what an exciting life I lead LOL but this time Greg is also seeing the doctor. For his full body check. Anyway have a lovely day ladies and hugs.
Leaving you with 2 of our boys from last night. How could anyone resist these 2?

fredandbillychilling.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results