carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

I will catch up tomorrow but just wanted to check in since all of you have been so nice in thinking of me - things have not gone well. The furnace wasn’t working during the buyer’s walk through yesterday - we proceeded with closing (I did not attend, I signed documents previously) and money was put into escrow to repair it. Was working after intitial repair (new gas valve) but not working today - had it serviced again, apparently the valve is more efficient but the furnace could not handle the higher heat and was damaged to the point it can’t be repaired. Have not spoken to my attorney but I’m assuming we will lose all of the escrow money. A very upsetting couple of days for a lot of different reasons.

Missy, so sorry about your skin condition, I hope your derm can help you.

Will check in soon, until then take care all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I am so sorry things didn’t go well on the walk through and the furnace might need replaced. I hate to hear you have had some rough days. Thinking of you. Hoping everything gets resolved soon.

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, I'm so sorry. How frustrating. I know how much you want this house sale to just be over. Is the worst case scenario you buy a new furnace? We just had to replace the furnace and air conditioner in our home a few months ago. It wasn't nearly as expensive as we thought it would be. I hope you get some good news tomorrow. Hugs

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, Your 12 things post is hysterical! Are you having the holiday at your home again this year? It's been really cold here the past few days. The older I get the more I dislike winter. I usually do shopping online on Black Friday. They were having such good sales now I just went ahead and placed my order. I'm not brave enough to go to a mall on a Friday. The last time I did that it took over an hour to get out of the parking lot. I would have rather spent the extra $20.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I think I found the 12 things funny because so many of them hit home with me. Darn that it’s cold there. We are having bad wind here. I’m with you on going to the mall. I’d rather pay $20 more than fight the crowds. We are going to my nephew’s house this week. Everyone will be coming to our house on Christmas Eve. We still haven’t planned our menu. Marty’s nutritional restrictions is making it hard to come up with ideas of a lot of food that he will eat. Are you getting together with some of your family for Thanksgiving?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You NIRDIs in your sexy dresses, envy, envy. Good to know some of us are “it” girls.
Rainwood I’m so happy thoses earrings are ours...they are beautiful...first dibs on babysitting them.
I don’t know why you said I have a zest for life, but I love the compliment. Suddenly I feel...zestier than usual lol

Missy, how did it go with David?

Marcy, I remember those winds...sometimes so bad one could not get from car to front door without holding on to things. Yikes. Are things better now?
I was thinking of you giving your astronomy talk...does it make you nervous to give a presentation?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Thanksgiving Day Eve! I woke up this morning and thought it was Thanksgiving today. LOL I am all turned around not knowing what day or date it is anymore. Being retired doesn't suck.
A big thank you all for your caring and kind support online and off. It truly means a lot to me. (((Hugs))) to all of you.

Marcy you are a doll. You made me feel better last night. Love the C & H too. So funny. So true.
As for your shopping question I will shop whenever it is a good deal as long as we aren't entertaining and my company is over lol. I don't want to be a rude hostess. Yay for 4 day weekends and yay for sweet shopping deals. What are you looking for? Any bling?
I impulse bought 2 new dresses and they arrived Monday. I love them.

Springerspaniel thank you for your good thoughts and wishes. I really appreciate it.

Aww Junie I am so sorry. Why is it that everything goes haywire and rarely do things go smoothly. You will get this sorted out though and I am very sorry it is causing you distress. The closing is over though right? So now once you get this issue straightened out you are finished with it? I am so very sorry there are other things causing you distress at the moment as well. I wish I could make it all OK for you. (((HUGS))) and lots of good luck dust going your way.

Rainwood I agree. Winter is no longer one of my favorite times of the year. Short and dark days, cold weather and storms and less green and less pretty flowers and trees all around. Hoping we all do OK this winter and avoid any big storms or trouble and sending good thoughts everyone's way for a good winter.

Haha I didn't even notice the black countertop in the background. Did I ever tell you I tend to overlook details like that LOL. I love the kitchen you described with the sea green movement and white countertops. I am thinking if we go with white quartz we will chose a gorgeous glass blue green backsplash with movement and I know the combo will be gorgeous. If we go forward with the project. One of the challenges now is which white quartz do I like the most? There are a mind boggling number of different brands and whites on the market. I am leaning towards (without seeing it in person yet and we are doing that hopefully this Saturday) the Caesarstone Zeus Extreme White or the MSI Arctic White. But there are many and I have to evaluate all of them next to the cabinet sample.

So happy you are loving your gorgeous antique cushions. They are fabulous and look amazing against your skin and lovely hair. I agree with the others and I think I did tell you this when you were in NY, your hair and hair color are beautiful.

Thanks for your good wishes. Visit summary below.

Austina yay for Pilates and glad you are enjoying it. I skipped it yesterday so will make sure to do it today. Thanks so much for all your kind support. Hope you are having a good week.

Pierrebear yay for having a day with your dh during the workweek and for working out together and spending the day together. That is pretty sweet. Thank you so much for all your dust and good wishes. (((Hugs))).
So we have been chatting about me too much lately offline...how are you doing? Any bling (french or otherwise) updates? Fingers crossed for you!

Jimmianne how are you and your delicious Asscher doing? Any new developments? I didn't get to check PS after the early morning yesterday and I was wondering if you made up your mind re setting? And by the way I love the name Mildred...it's not an unfortunate name at all and she is very fortunate to have found you and you her!

How are the mice doing? Did I say thank you for taking good care of them even though I know it
isn't an ideal situation. (((Hugs))).

How is your DD doing? Any wedding plans? Please tell me what is happening there. Thinking of all of you.

OK here is my update from yesterday's dermatology appointment.
Unfortunately I was right and it is Chilblains.

After all these years I am getting pretty knowledgeable as a non derm and if I wasn't so old I would go back to school and get my dermatology degree because I think I am right up there in terms of derm knowledge. Too bad most of these diseases don't have cures though so I think I'd be frustrated being a dermatologist so never mind haha. :cheeky:

Chilblains is not a common occurrence in the US. Austina, I bet it is more common where you live. At least that is what I have been told. Chilblains is a painful inflammation of my small (in the extremities mainly) blood vessels. Contributing to my Chilblains is my Raynauds condition in combination with my poor circulation and poor recovery of capillary filling. All of these leading to some of my fingers ulcerating and bleeding.

Basically I get blistering and ulceration on my fingers from the cold (and it's not even cold here yet and David is confounded but it is what it is) weather. The temps here have been mainly in the 50s and 60s and even with the mild temps Greg has been dropping me off wherever we are going and then he parks and then he picks me up. So it is crazy weird I am having this manifestation now. I might be in for a rough winter.

There is drug treatment but I must do all I can to avoid the drug treatment if possible as it would make my other autoimmune diseases worse. If my fingers/toes start ulcerating to the point I cannot control it and it gets infected than I will have to go on Calcium channel blockers to get blood flow to my digits. But if I go on those meds my Rosacea and some other conditions I have will be exacerbated too much so if possible I need to not go on the meds for Chilblains.

Trying to keep my hands and feet warm but it is easier said than done. LOL another weird condition. Oh well. I am in good spirits and will maintain a positive attitude. I have to keep reminding myself I am getting up there and my mom at my age had and has more severe autoimmune diseases I do so it is in our genetics and I will make the best of it and be grateful for all the good in my life. This is just another challenge I will survive and (hopefully) be A-OK.

LOL look at what Greg sent me yesterday. Caption is "when your cat wants to kill you and your dog is trying to warn you" :lol:Bwahahaha...doesn't this kitty look like HRH? Hmmmm:think:

catanddogjoke.jpg

And yesterday while Greg and I were waiting for David in his office I amused myself by taking Bea photos. With my dh in the background. David has the worst lighting in his office but Bea and Greg were cheering me up. Disclaimer she hasn't been cleaned for a few weeks...oops bad PSer.:oops:

beaatdavidsoffice.jpg

Oh I almost forgot I made an impulse bling purchase and fingers crossed I like it as I cannot return it...got it from a fellow PSer and it should be arriving the weekend though I am not sure if we will be here or NJ because I haven't yet decided if we are going there for the weekend or just the day. We have to sign the contract with Joe and see quartz samples if we are going ahead with this project.

I originally decided against getting the earrings but when Greg came home last night he said to get them because they are so pretty and different than my other earrings. So what could I do but get them? Haha. My dh is a big ena*BLING er ...perhaps we should make him an honorary NIRDI haha.

oecclusterantiquedangles.jpg

OK that is all from me today. Today begins the marathon cooking/baking day and Greg is home all day and has already started. And I am lazing about enjoying my morning coffee still.:kiss: I will give you a hint it involves cheesecake (thanks Marcy!) and Apple Pie to name a few things on the agenda today.

I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving Eve and cannot wait to hear what your plans are and what food you are enjoying this holiday! Please share. I know I will.:halo::appl:

:wavey:

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is all? Ha
Quite a lot of news.
Love those earrings very much and they will look beautiful on you. Like a good big sister I will borrow them from you from time to time!
Off to the barn, back later.

P

PierreBear

Another half day for DH means that we are going to the gym again together but this time out date also involves going out to lunch afterwards. There are some fun new restaurants in the downtown area but we usually avoid going there due to traffic in the evening. So finally we will try out this new hipster place. Then it will be time to pack up for our quick daytrip to Houston for the Thanksgiving meal. No…. I’m not going to Whiteflash @Austina but I’ll be thinking of your next adventures there. I was thinking we should get a jump start on putting up the Xmas tree today but DH is such a traditionalist. Must be after Thanksgiving!!! Ya’ll be safe and warm!

@Austina – You are too kind. You forget that if I showed you my back view, you would see a killer tan line peeping through possibly. Haha!

Hope you had a good time at pilates!

@canuk-gal – Thanks for the recommendation on the sheer blouse. Wow, that movie brings me back. Haven’t seen that one in a long time.

@rainwood – I’m glad you have a “thing” with jewelry. They look great and saw it on OWD’s Instagram earlier before you mentioned it and thought it was quite the matching pair! Enjoy! Are you wearing them everyday?

So interesting that your hair color changes. With my Asian descent, it will only go from black to ummm white eventually. I have a few strands popping out already but it’s no big deal. Embrace your lovely hair!

Well this week is Thanksgiving so we didn’t have class. She encouraged us to bake at home. I’ll try making a soufflé again for the fun of it. I know we have only a few more classes and one of them involves sugar work. I’m excited about that but I’m sure it will be challenging and frustrating. I’ve been watching a show on Netflix recently called Zumbo’s dessert. It’s one of those shows that is pretty cheesy but something you can have playing in the background while you do other chores since you don’t really “miss out” on anything. I’ve been really amazed at what home bakers can make. I think it’s encouraging me to try new things at home instead of just repeating things I know. My friend just got me a pie pan so I’ve never even made a simple pie by myself yet. Excited to learn new things!

Bummer to hear that you had some tree loss. It always breaks my heart.

@Calliecake – Thanks for the kind words. Ya’ll are making me blush about the dress.

@marcy – No I’m not really a shopping fan. I get overwhelmed with an abundance of people and too many things to look at. What are you hunting for? I hope Marty gets a long weekend so ya’ll can have some quality time together.

@junebug17 – Arggg so sorry that there were last minute issues with the furnace. So close to the finish line. Hopefully the talk with your attorney will go well and there will be some unexpected good news. Must dust goes out to you!

@Jimmianne – How is the new asscher? I forgot to ask how you plan on setting it and how you will be wearing it? Another erring swap or RHR? Still very excited for you!

@missy – Still no updates yet, which must mean OWD doesn’t have the French cuts yet. I’m not antsy about the ring but I’ve been a bad girl and went to Tiffany’s the other day since I was at the mall running errands. As much as I love something unique and so different like the one we are working on, part of me loves that classic Tiffany look with the 6 prong solitaire. Bonus that my wedding band looks great with that setting already. Haha! I asked DH though on the looks and he prefers to give me something unique. Full steam ahead!

Sorry to hear about the medical condition about so keep your hands and feet nice and toasty! I rely on a little space heater this time of year. It cracks me up though that I’m always battling my cat for it. Really??!!! You have a full body of fur but you want to stand right in front of it where it sounds like it will explode? Haha : ) The pets look adorable!

Congrats on the new earrings. They are quite lovely!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

OK. Jimmianne warned me to run if I didn't yet have diamond fever and for a long time I thought there would be zero risk but I tell you, I could see getting infected! ::) missy those earrings are gorgeous. I love them, I would totally like them for me.

Sorry to hear about the Chillblains :( seems like when you're done with one thing something else pops up. :(( ETA: What, Greg isn't a NIRDI already? But OF COURSE he is! And missy how are you feeling about the contractor? I guess if you're ready to sign you're feeling more trusting. I hope it goes smoothly and the contractor proves you "wrong" and that everything turns out beautifully. How are your parents doing by the way?

Pierre those are some beautiful arms :)) enjoy them to the fullest ::) and OMG those curly whiskers are hysterical. Poor baby. What is his name? He is the cutest.

marcy when I read your list it took a couple of sentences before I realized it was a list you had gotten from somewhere else. When I first read it I thought it was you saying it, especially the first one. So funny. So glad to hear your program went well, even if you didn't have a lot of people.

austina thank you so much for asking the girl kitty. I created a Facebook page for her, she's on allpaws.com, and I've reached out to a few sanctuaries to see how/if they can help get the word out about her. So she's getting some exposure, but so far no inquiries. :blackeye: I have the pet sitter coming by to meet her today and I am curious to see how she reacts to a total stranger. How are you doing? How are you feeling about your friend? Any updates? Mousey sends a hug to Dottie. ::)

Hi June! :kiss: ETA for some reason I had missed your update. Sorry to hear you've had an upsetting couple of days and that you're going to lose the escrow money even though I am relieved for you that the closing did finally happen.
15.gif
Thinking of you and I hope over the next couple of days things get better and you feel better.

Kristie how are your doggies doing. Sending you a hug.

Hi Rainwood nice to see you too! :wavey:

Hi springerspaniel nice to meet you :wavey:

Hi Callie :wavey:

OK I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm going to make rice pudding today and I'm going to put orange peels like I did last time it was so good.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Argghhhh @junebug17 I'm so sorry to hear about the latest setback. Hopefully the purchasers will come to some agreement with you and proceed. You really don't need this, and I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Hopefully Mousey will find a new home soon, she looks so sweet @CJ2008

Wow @rainwood that must've been some wind to take down 2 trees, thank goodness it didn't cause damage to the house. Sounds like you learnt a lot from the meeting with the guys from CBI. Sounds dangerous that your local stores will be stocking their diamonds :mrgreen2:

I expect you're looking forward to the long weekend and getting away from work @marcy. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to find things for Marty to eat, Adam is the same, carefully measures what he eats, and only eats specific things on certain days.

I'm sorry it wasn't better news @missy, and I hope you can manage the chilblains without medication. I know it used to be a common problem here before people had centrally heated homes, but not something I've heard of people suffering from recently.

The earrings are really pretty, and I'm sure will suit you very well. Greg is such a sweetheart enaberbling you.

Have fun downtown @PierreBear , where are you going? I won't actually be going to Whiteflash next visit, I'll order the bangle beforehand, and get them to deliver it to Adams for when we arrive. I'd love to go one day, but I think it'll be too unsettling to see all those lovely sparkly things and not have them all :lol:

Hi @azstonie @Jimmianne and @springerspaniel hope you're all well.

Very windy here today, we had a nice walk at the meadows, then I had a bumper delivery of goodies, a dress, jacket and shoes, oops :lol:

Please don't get too stressed with Thanksgiving preparations.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, have you decided on a setting for pretty Mildred yet? It sounds like you do remember the winds well. The joke is we walk around with rocks in our pockets. It is still windy but nothing like earlier this week. Good question about whether i get nervous giving an astronomy presentation. I don’t get nervous for club meetings because I generally know most of the audience. When I was teaching I got very nervous before the first campus class each semester. You don’t want to lose their interest the first night. Online classes never made me nervous because I wasn’t meeting them in person.

Missy, I bet your house smelled wonderful today. I am picturing one of Greg’s delicious pies right now. That’s a tough call to eat cheesecake or apple pie. I’d probably go for a small piece of each. Woo hoo that being retired doesn’t suck. Good for you. I am glad you got some new dresses. Let the holiday shopping begin. I am not looking for anything in particular. I always want new bling. You certainly have way too much first hand knowledge derma issues. Did David give you any suggestions on keeping your hands and fingers warm? I sleep in socks and used to sleep with mittens on; I don’t know if that would help or not. Love the lookalike HRH cat and dog - especially with Greg’s caption. Bea looks gorgeous in the waiting room and I love those earrings. They will look fabulous on you.

PierreBear, yay for another afternoon with DH. I have to admit I am glad I have nieces in Houston because I sure want to visit Whiteflash someday. I will only be out shopping this weekend if Marty drags me out; I don’t really have anything in mind to look for and I hate the crowds.

CJ, good luck with your FB page for the kitty. Rice pudding with orange peels sounds good. I especially like the first line in my 12 things; it made me chuckle.

Austina, since we have to feed about 20 people for Christmas I want something I can prepare in quantity and will turn out well. Yay for getting a bumper delivery of goodies.

I am so glad to be on a long weekend now. Cross you fingers I don’t get called for anything this weekend.

My retinal exam went okay. The eye doctor can see progress. I left my glasses with them (again) because i don’t think the magnification in my progressives is correct. He suggested adjusting my glasses first but then the other sections will be in a different place. So I said no. My last pair of glasses are fine for me to wear and the close up stuff is clear. I just like my new glasses better on me and I did pay for them so I may as well wear them.

Have a great Thanksgiving.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:twisted2:Austina, It's always a good day when you get a dress and shoes delivered. Is the dress for a special occasion? Does your son have fun plans for tomorrow?

Missy, How did the sampling go today? Is there an apple pie at your home right now? You know I want that pie!!!!! The picture of the dog and cat is so funny.

Marcy, Is it going to be hard to come up with a menu for the holidays Marty will eat? I'm sure your family is going to be asking for your desserts. I've had a taste for cheesecake ever since you mentioned it. We are going to a restaurant tomorrow. We have never done that before so I'm hoping the family has a good time. My mom is sick of cooking and I'm sick of cleaning up afterward. My brother was going to cook and his family shut that down and told him they want us to go out, so we are all going out. My nephew texted yesterday to say he looking forward to it so hopefully we will have a good time.

Junie, Were you able to resolve the furnace issue with the buyers? I hope you have fun tomorrow with your family.

Pierre Bear, Have fun in Houston. Your little furbaby is adorable. After all the wonderful desserts you have made, a pie will be so easy for you to make. Can you see your tan lines when wearing the lace dress? I would think the lace would make the lines difficult to see. The dress looks fantastic on you.

CJ, Did the rice pudding turn out well. I've never heard of adding orange but it sounds delicious.

Jimmianne, Don't work too hard in the barn. You have beautiful diamonds that need to be looked at!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - I’ve fallen behind so I’ll just jump in -

Missy, I’m sorry about the diagnosis of chillblains and I really hope the condition doesn’t get worse. I totally get how stressful these skin issues are. Do your best to stay warm! I’m glad you are decent spirits and I hope you enjoy the holidays with your sweet dh.

Bea looks gorgeous - And I absolutely love your new earrings, they are really beautiful. If I ever get antique dangles I will choose something similar. Very sweet that Greg encouraged you to get them - glad you treated yourself. I agree with him that they are different from other styles you own.

I think it’s a good idea to revisit the idea of getting quartz, and I hope you can find a shade of white you’re happy with. Your inspiration pic is beautiful and yes, perfect for a kitchen at the beach.

Marcy, glad to hear the snow melted. Hopefully you won’t get more for a while. Glad the wind has died down, tractor trailers being blown is very scary. Loved your jokes, they made me laugh! It’s great you have a four day weekend, I’m sure the break from work will be very enjoyable. Great news that your retinal exam went well and the doctor saw some improvement. Too bad about your glasses, and I hope they can tweak the prescription for you. I agree with you that adjusting them wouldn’t have helped. Your cheesecakes sound so good, I wish I could have one right now lol.

Rainwood, your trip to NY sounds wonderful. You saw and did so much during your stay. Your pictures are amazing. I love the Central Park pic. And your earrings are absolutely gorgeous and look perfect on you. That’s my kind of souvenir.

Sorry to hear about the trees falling down, glad there wasn’t any major damage but still a hassle to deal with. How great that you met John Pollard and Paul Siegars. It sounds like it was a very interesting experience and that you learned some new things about diamonds.

Jimmianne, wow, such a beautiful pic of both your diamonds, they are really gorgeous. Lol to photoshopping a smile on your grandmother. I was looking at pics of my grandparents the other day and I noticed they never smiled either. I haven’t noticed my iPad typing things differently than I intended, I wonder if you could change something in your settings. I’ll google it and see if I can find something about it.

CJ, your rice pudding sounds yummy. Sending lots of good thoughts your sweet girl finds a forever home soon. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Calliecake, going out for dinner sounds wonderful to me. We’re going to my bil’s for dinner but I’ll probably host Christmas and honestly I’m dreading it because it is just so much work. It took me two days to recover last year.

Pierrebear, you look amazing in that dress - It fits so well it looks like it was custom made for you. Have fun baking something at home, I’m sure it will be delicious. Your date with dh sounds like fun - doing something with your dh during the week is such a nice break from the usual routine. Enjoy your trip to Houston and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Cute story about your kitty wandering outside, she is adorable! It’s too bad you heard the same speech at your conference but at least the desserts were good!

Rainwood, sorry about the trees falling down, glad there wasn’t any major damage but still a hassle to deal with. How great that you met John Pollard and Paul Siegars. It sounds like it was a very interesting experience and that you learned some new things about diamonds.

Thank you all for the supportive words about this furnace issue - I’ve been on the phone all day either trying to reach people or talking to people. I will probably just end up covering the cost of a new furnace. Unfortunately this will not be resolved until Monday because my attorney will be out of the office until then. The owners are in the process of getting 3 quotes, hopefully one of them will be the same as what is now in escrow. Luckily the new owners are not living in the home right now, they will be doing renovations for the next few weeks. I’m sure they are eager to have heat in the home and I do feel badly this can’t be resolved this week but it’s unavoidable due to the holiday.

Ok, enough about that, didn’t mean to go on for so long but you have all been so kind in asking I wanted to just fill you in -

I wish everyone a very happy and enjoyable Thanksgiving! I hope all the nirdis have a great day.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

June, it sounds as though you are almost to the finish line with your Mom’s house. In a way it’s good that the furnace failed when it did. Its awful that you have the added expense but somehow it seems awful too that the buyers would move in and have the unit fail on a chilly night a couple of days after their purchase. Better karma this way???

Missy, your photos of the in house chef preparing thanksgiving dinner are great...living vicariously here LOL i have such fond memories of my Mother going overboard with the cooking, and now we have fond memories of Greg doing the same!

Callie, i love going out for thanksgiving dinner. Good for you. It’s fun, festive, and no clean up.

My young friends drove to Baltimore last night for dinner today and I'm dog sitting.
My dd is in france. I sent her table decorations which she liked.
So it’s just me and the dogs. Good lord that sounds pathetic haha
I went to the “fancy mall” yesterday and bought new anthropologie pj’s. Love love love
Then i stopped by the holiday kiosk and gave Santa a piece of my mind. I asked for a SO six years ago, and so far nada. I told Santa I had spoken to him in naples Florida six years ago, and what the heck happened?! He said he is still working on it and maybe this coming year. The guy was a good sport to play along.
Actually, the Santa in Naples said I would not believe how many women come up to him and ask that. :lol: AND He never promised anything. Bad Santa!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and Happy Thanksgiving! I have much to be thankful for this year. Including how thankful I am for you girls and thankful for the friendships I have with you. Thank you for being here for me and for sharing so generously of your time, energy and friendship. (((HUGS))).

CJ big hugs to you and Mousey! Greg loves rice pudding and I am intrigued by your orange peel twist.
If I don't love the earrings on me do you want dibs? LOL I won't be getting them till next week sometime as the PSer contacted me and she will mail them Friday now instead of yesterday so I'll let you know when they arrive. Also wanted to let you know I am still networking for Mousey but nothing as of yet. But I haven't given up and you are in my thoughts.

Marcy so relieved for you that your retinal exam went well. Boo to the glasses not being quite right and hopefully they will make it nice and clear for you when they get it right finally. Thanks for the suggestions on how to keep my hands warm. I have been wearing gloves if they get cold. LOL I am quite the sight. Sometimes I feel like Vincent Van Gogh in that I am too fragile for this world. Except I won't cut off my ear because I like wearing earrings too much!

Junie so sorry about the furnace mess. By this time next month it really will be like a bad dream and distant memory. Focus on how far you have come and surmounted and this is but a blip in that radar. Sending you more good thoughts and lots of good luck dust and hugs. Enjoy this Thanksgiving at your BIL's and please rethink hosting Christmas if you really aren't up for it...sometimes saying no is the best thing we can do for ourselves and empowering. I notice many people just take all the hard work energy and time for granted and don't really appreciate it nor do they reciprocate. So just food for thought. No can be your best friend at times.

Callie haha no actually no sampling occurred yesterday. But watch out because I am going crazy today lol. Enjoy your family time at the restaurant today. It's funny but I thought you did this last year too going out for Thanksgiving but I guess I got that all mixed up. Maybe it was Christmas? Anyway I remember thinking last year that is a smart idea but I just could imagine my family's reaction if I suggested going out for Thanksgiving haha. Have fun and mangia!

Jimmianne thank you and seriously you are invited over anytime! We enjoy people who enjoy our (haha well Greg's) cooking and baking. It doesn't sound pathetic at all that you are spending a lovely quiet holiday with the dogs and farm animals. In a way I am envious because I am not super excited about today. Family issues can sometimes cast a pallor over the excitement and it certainly has this year. Hope your DD is enjoying the holidays in France and sending you big holiday hugs. You are never really alone with the NIRDIs here yanno.

Austina ooh fun! Hope the delivery of goods didn't disappoint and please share details if you are in the mood. We love hearing the details. Doesn't have to be just bling. Hope you are enjoying a lovely week and that your weather is cooperating.

Safe travels Pierrebear yay to your dh being supportive of your newest bling project and yes to full steam ahead...it is going to look gorgeous! I am jealous of your gorgeous hair. I used to have dark hair but as I have gotten older it has become so much lighter. I guess being outside in the sun causes permanent changes in the hair and now I long for the dark deep brunette almost black color that it used to be. So enjoy your beautiful hair and enjoy your loved ones and the good food.

Rainwood, Kristie, Sharon, Springerspaniel, and any other NIRDI I might have inadvertently forgotten and anyone else who is reading have a wonderful safe happy and healthy Thanksgiving and holiday season and all the best for a very happy and healthy and very sweet New Year!

applepienov2017.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK this is for Marcy who gave me the idea for cheesecake instead of pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving. So for Thanksgiving 2017 it will be Greg's award winning Apple Pie and Cherry Cheesecake. :appl:

Here is a sneak peek of the Cherry Cheesecake that Greg just finished decorating.
YUMMMMMMMmmyyyyyyyy. And who cares that it's about a million calories. Not me:cheeky:.
Live it up girls and enjoy the delicious food. :lickout:
There's plenty of time for watching what we eat the rest of the year.:P2 :appl:

cherrycheesecake.jpg

cheesecakenovember2017.jpg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to wish a safe and happy (and delicious) Thanksgiving to all the lovely NIRDIs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to wish a safe and happy (and delicious) Thanksgiving to all the lovely NIRDIs.

Happy and healthy holiday season to you and your family Jaaron! (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy thanksgiving lovelies!

Hope you all have a lovely stressfree day.

Be back later xx

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't not stop in and let you know how much I appreciate all of you.

I'll stop in better later or tomorrow but just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

A million hugs.

xoxoxxoxxoxoxxoxoxxoxooxoxoxxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello CJ and Austina!

Just stopping by because I almost forgot my annual Thanksgiving poem for the NIRDIs.

It's the beginning of the Holiday Season
And I just wanted to come here and say
You girls are truly the best and the greatest
The warmest brightest spot of each and every day

Your friendship and support
Mean so much more to me
than I can ever say

How much each of you
make each and every day

Brighter and sweeter and better
In every single possible way

Don't be disappointed and please don't be blue
I know this is the shortest poem I ever wrote
Just to say hey and share a quick little note

Not the usual long non-pithy poem
from me to you

Instead just some heartfelt thoughts,
none of them new
For now I have to start getting ready for our guests
Who are enjoying the Macy's Day parade
With many other people dressed in their parade best

So just coming here to say
I love all of you, I really do
And wish all of you the very best
Today and every day
health and happiness,
peace and love
and a friendship between us
that is always true blue

Happy holidays to you and your loved ones
And the biggest warmest loving hugs

XOXOXOXOXO

PS Tommy and Bobby,
Frankie and Fred,
(all still in bed)
Our whole furry crew
send lots of purrs and love
and big kitty hugs
to each and everyone one of you

4catsinabed.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovelies

Where did you find such a great husband @missy? :love: He cooks, he encourages you to buy bling, he's dapper, he's practical, he's the whole package :D Those desserts are TDF and if they taste half as good as they look - heaven!

I love the poem and want to assure you all, that the feelings are mutual. Often forums can be cliquey, but that is absolutely not the case here, I'm so glad I found PS, and got the opportunity to 'meet' you all.

Good news on the eye exam @marcy and fingers crossed you don't get any calls from work.

Do you have a traditional meal at Christmas? Ours is turkey with all the trimmings, I suppose what you'll be having today. Can Marty not skip his diet for one day?

If your buyers are getting 3 quotes, hopefully one will be at the escrow sum @junebug17 and it will finally be over. I don't think anyone could expect you to do anymore than you're doing, just a shame this happened at the last minute to cause you more stress.

Have a lovely meal out with your family @Calliecake Sounds like a good plan.

The goodies aren't for anything in particular, just because I like this particular brand of clothes, they fit my odd shape:roll2: I think because I'm in jeans so much of the time with walking Dottie, that I love wearing dresses when we go out.

@Jimmianne nothing pathetic about spending a quiet day, for the first time in 39 years, we'll be on our own for Christmas and really looking forward to it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that Santa listens this year :lol:

Happy thanksgiving @jaaron and @CJ2008

We picked up Colin's new glasses today, then did our food shopping. Since the dentist I worked for has retired, we've been thinking about finding a new dentist, as the hygienist told me she wasn't impressed with the new owners. So we've made an appt for next week with a local dentist, and will see how good they are.

I also got another pair of shoes yesterday :oops: So here they are. I've actually got tiny feet UK size 3, but as these are pointy, they look quite big :D

IMG_2159.JPG
IMG_2158.JPG

Enjoy your day :wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving to all our American NIRDI's!! Here's my contribution to tonight's dinner with friends.

Pumpkin Pie 1.jpg
It's my mom's recipe. As I said on FB, she was a masterful pie maker. For years, I let everyone else in my family make the pies, but at some point it came down to me, and I couldn't avoid it any longer. I've had some very interesting adventures along the way, that's for sure. I'm more comfortable now making pie crust, knowing however that I'm always one slip-up from disaster. This year's crust was one of my better efforts. And no major problems. That will be one of the things I'm thankful for today!

And I'm wearing the earrings and necklace I got in NYC. They're made of piano wire, and quickly became one of my favorite pieces of jewelry to wear. No diamonds, but sometimes that's okay (sacrilege, I know).

Piano Wire Necklace 2.jpg
I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy Thanksgiving (to those of us in the U.S. or celebrating Turkey Day today)

Callie, did you enjoy your dinner out today? I hope everyone had a nice time. Did you get some cheesecake? My mini cheesecakes disappeared quickly. I told Marty today I was thinking of ordering some cupcakes for Christmas and he said he didn’t think that would go over well with the family so I’ll be baking cookies soon. I’ve been thinking of Greg’s pie too. It looks so delicious.

Junebug, the weather was gorgeous here today but they closed the interstate to high profile vehicles north of here. We saw on semi on it’s side coming home but the news said they haven’t cleaned up all of the ones from the other day. When we get warm weather this time of year it comes with vicious wind. I heard we had gusts up to 92 around here yesterday. Missy’s style of earring would go well with your cluster. I do love cheesecake. I hate to hear you’ll have to replace the furnace but hopefully you can get that taken care of next week and be done with it. Darn it.

Jimmianne, I don’t think it’s pathetic to spend a quiet day. I hope you have a nice day. I am glad you checked in with Santa and gave him heck. He needs to get on it. You never know what tomorrow brings. I am glad you love your new pjs. Are they comfy and toasty warm?

Missy, I think I can smell all of your food out here. Everything looks delicious. I’d have to have both a piece of cheesecake and apple pie. Keeping warm is always a challenge for me. When we were first married we lived in a very poorly insulated place; the screens were all pulling away from the windows and snow blew in around the edges so we had to put that plastic window insulation on the windows in the fall to help keep the snow and cold out. So I went to bed wearing slipper socks, a hat and mittens. I gave up sleeping in my hat and mittens at our last house but to this day I can’t sleep without slipper socks. Thank you so much for your lovely Thanksgiving poem. I am very thankful to be part of this wonderful NIRDI gang.

Hi Jaaron and CJ,

Austina, turkey is probably a traditional Christmas dinner here (or ham) but I can’t eat turkey. Marty and I discussed the menu on our drive to Denver and are thinking of going with chicken and ribs this year. We need to figure it out soon. If it’s nice enough that day (ha that’s funny) we could cook on the grill but usually it’s cold and snowing on Christmas. It’s hard to switch dentists. My dentist is probably close to retiring and to be honest his receptionist and dental hygienist is the only reason we keep going there. Love your new shoes.

Rainwood, your pie crust looks good. I like your earrings and necklace.

We had a nice day. My nephews are all pretty entertaining. It was near 70 in Denver so quite a warm Thanksgiving for my neck of the woods. I read all the Black Friday ads but doubt I’ll venture out tomorrow. Marty might meet my BIL and nephews for shopping tomorrow. They are all excited about some things at Cabella’s and Lowes.

Marty got Amazon Prime working on our TV tonight and I think I can remember how to do it. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Austina I LOVE those shoes. Stylish and smart and OMG I am so jealous of your petite feet! My feet are a 9.5 and growing I think LOL. I used to be an 8 in my twenties and somehow they are up to 9.5 now. At this rate I will be over the maximum when I hit 60 lol.

I hope you can find a good dentist. I hate switching doctors and you might remember I just switched dentists this year and was pleased with my new dentist (friend too). But my dad (retired dentist) was telling me last night it is a bad idea to keep a permanent crown in with a temporary hold because decay will get in and now I am questioning if my friend is a good dentist if that is true because I have that permanent crown with a temporary cement. I would hate if that causes me to need a root canal because new decay is getting in now if that is true.

Hope Colin likes his new glasses. It's always fun to get new styles and have new looks. Glasses are one way to really change it up and they can look so smart and sharp. I know I feel smarter with my glasses on lol.

Rainwood I love your new necklace and earrings and I was wowed by them IRL when I saw them on you this visit. It's a great purchase and they look beautiful on you! That crust looks yummy and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends. I think you got your cooking and baking talents from your mom and you are so modest because I know you are a wonderful chef!

Marcy I am so glad you had a lovely visit with your family and that your nephews were entertaining. Yay for a mild 70s thanksgiving and makes me want to go to Denver right now. Not that it is cold here but it is cooler than 70s and my chilblains is misbehaving. Getting worse though I am not cold. Grrrrrr. Haha Marty is going to do man stuff tomorrow with your BIL and nephews. Sounds like a good day and I know Greg would enjoy joining them. He loves those stores too.
Woohoo to getting your Amazon Prime working right!

Junie hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and sending more good thoughts and hugs your way. Soon you will be done with this house mess I promise you. (((HUGS))).

Jimmianne hope you had a peaceful content thanksgiving and hope all the animals are doing well. I think you were enjoying the quiet yesterday and you know I think that is a lovely and calm way to spend the crazy holidays. You won't be getting me near any crowds today or black friday shopping no no. Perhaps some online shopping but that is all for me. Enjoy the day and enjoy the peace and quiet. If you want action you are more than welcome to come here and we can get into some blingy :dance:trouble together hahaha. Open invitation.;)2

CJ I am grateful for you and how big your heart is when it comes to animals. Kindred spirits and sisters. (((Hugs))) to you and Mousey and all your family furry and otherwise.

Callie I am sorry the food disappointed yesterday but think of all the calories you saved lol. I OTOH had 2 pieces of cheesecake and one big piece of apple pie and chocolate PB brownies (my sister came through for me woohoo and brought the Chocolate PB brownies) so I am feeling rather full still this AM. You escaped that fate. :sick:

chocolatepeanutbutterbrowniesthanksgiving2017.jpg

Jaaron did you celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday? Hope you had a good day either way and that work is calming down for you.

Kristie hope you enjoyed a lovely BBQ for 2 Arizona style. And hope it wasn't in the 90s by you yesterday. That is hot for sure. I am enjoying the 2 hour time difference compared to our 3 hour time difference when it is DST. Hope Finn and Maggie are doing well. :sun:

LLJsmom hugs and good thoughts and yay to your DD. She is well on her way to becoming a masterful chef I think!

We had a good day yesterday and my nieces have matured so much. They aren't even teenagers yet but I am impressed with how lovely they are. And OMG tall. Bethany is almost as tall as me and not even 12 yet! Just sharing a few photos of the day. The food was great and the company enjoyable and it went all too fast. My sister and BIL and nieces went to the Macy's balloon thing Wednesday night and stayed in the city overnight at a hotel and went to the Macy's parade Thursday and it was freezing but they enjoyed it despite them being frozen. They had to get to the parade at 5AM to secure front row viewing which they did but they also had to withstand the cold and hours of waiting. LOL bless them because no way would I ever want to do that. Ever. But I am a bah humbug parade person anyway if you remember. No thanks. But so glad they enjoyed themselves!

Greg and I bought them matching moto jackets (matching to my jacket haha) and it was a hit. I have to say I am very pleased it went over so big. See Callie? Their Aunt Missy does know their style.:halo:

bethanyandalexamotojacketsthanksgiving2017.jpg

matching jackets all three of us haha.

AEC01E47-4272-49DB-BFCF-F9CA00B29B75.jpeg

Look how tall Bethany is now.

bethanyandgregthanksgiving2017.jpg

64BF9F9B-0A2C-42AC-8B43-C7D21DE1C848.jpeg

Both nieces have donated their long hair to Locks of Love and now Bethany's hair has grown long enough to donate again. Bethany is donating her hair again this coming month. And as soon as Alexa's hair grows a bit more she will be donating again as well. I am very proud that at such a young age they both do this and it was their idea.

584CAB2E-5CF9-480C-BB6A-343E84A8FCF3.jpeg

D8FF17F5-0F8C-469F-904F-8D1A65A9F345.jpeg

They are growing into lovely young women and I sure hope the world starts improving for them and for all our young people. It gives me hope though since they are so kind and generous that perhaps there is a chance for the future generations. Surely they are not the exceptions.

When everyone left (and my parents were getting ready to leave) my mom took one last photo. Greg and I were tired exhausted) but we were happy it was another successful Thanksgiving.

missyandgregnovember2017.jpg

It's funny because though most of us live so far I know you are all just a phone call or text away and I feel like you are right here with me. ((((HUGS)))).
Have a good Friday girls and don't forget to help the economy by doing your part. Shop shop shop!:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share some of their Macy’s balloon and parade pics from thanksgiving eve and thanksgiving morning. Sharing from phone cause I’m on the go right now but have a minute and they’re fun pics.

Carriage ride through Central Park Wednesday night. (I am not a fan of the horse rides in Central Park but Debbie and I disagree and she says in the cooler weather it is OK for the horses and they are well cared for now and I hope she is right)

16174A73-BE9A-44AC-BF6A-BD596218C077.jpeg

F76BFD69-1538-4596-AA81-AE961C880AB0.jpeg

Balloons Wednesday night

0F4D9B20-ED06-4D75-A3ED-3E3482321828.jpeg
0A84F638-29C0-4488-92E8-8DABE59A1931.jpeg
72045983-583C-42B4-819E-6D41D0D21788.jpeg

BDFF3A9E-4D9F-44EC-90B7-6A831AAC17AB.jpeg

Parade
lol they got there at 5 AM and were freezing as they waited for 4 hours for the parade to start. My BIL said instead of getting warmer as the morning went on it got colder and I can feel it as I look at these photos. BRrrrrrrrrr!

960386EF-57BD-406A-877A-5F9CB8A2A0DC.jpeg

9C8E3CA3-BF69-4167-9CF7-931C70690A08.jpeg

and lastly a friendly police officer

A573B55B-18B6-4AF2-911B-6F03E976DB5A.jpeg

OK that really is all from me for photos today. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed them.:kiss:
Have a good day!:wavey:

Attachments

• 1D5B5818-E439-4EAD-8EE5-C140D9F92D3B.jpeg
    1D5B5818-E439-4EAD-8EE5-C140D9F92D3B.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 9

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning on Black Friday - the big shopping day. Here is what the sunrise looked like this morning.

IMG_4484.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I love all of your photos from yesterday. Your nieces will love those jackets. How cool to see closeups of the balloons, it really gives me perspective of how large those balloons truly are and how fun for your nieces. Your sister’s PB brownies look really good too. I was contemplating starting baking Christmas cookies today. I hate to hear your chilblains is not doing well. Hope it improves today. I want to come over for leftovers today - I can be there maybe by noon Sunday? Ha Ha.

Marty was out the door at 4:37 am this morning. Sadly I couldn’t go back to sleep. I did enjoy watching a fabulous sunrise though.

I don’t know if I will go out shopping today but we’ll see what I feel like doing after taking my shower. My SIL is coming up tonight because she wants to go drive that pickup she is interested in buying. We have a Christmas parade here on Saturday maybe if the weather remains warm we’ll go do that tomorrow night.

Have a fabulous day!
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

@missy I really enjoy seeing all your photos, and am so pleased to hear what thoughtful, considerate and kind girls your nieces are. You must all be so proud of them. They look cute in their matching jackets and must’ve felt very grown up to have the same as their Aunty Missy.

What a glorious sunrise @marcy, :shock: to Marty leaving so early, no wonder you had trouble getting back to sleep. You must be feeling really tired today.

Adam prepared brisket to take to Kim’s Mum yesterday, and said he singed his eyebrows on the grill :lol: He’d put it in to smoke, popped inside, and when he went out, there were flames leaping out of the grill, I shouldn’t laugh, but he was fine, and it made me think of @PierreBear ‘s kitty. There was nothing left of the 13lbs brisket after Kim’s family had pounced on it :mrgreen2:

Your pie crust looks perfect @rainwood , what filling did you use? I love the necklace and earrings, really unusual and looks so different.

I’ve done my bit for the economy this week, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of shoes and a jacket, so I won’t be spending anymore :lol:

Yay it’s the weekend, not that we’re doing anything, it’s predicted to be really cold, so we’ll be keeping warm and cosy.

Be good :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results