shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy thank you for understanding and supporting my bling habit, but mostly my pet mouse habit!!

Sorry to hear your project is going SOUTH, curses!
Could you somewhat painlessly add a window...small short project...then do some of the things you mentioned?
I like being my own contractor, headaches and all. Makes me feel in control instead of put upon.

I can’t wait to get away from this asscher, so thank you for the offer to babysit. Haha
I need a NAME for it and a setting, not necessarily in that order:
And then I will come drop it off so I can have a vacation from diamonds.
Well, actually an excuse to come visit and get a free lunch.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy thank you for understanding and supporting my bling habit, but mostly my pet mouse habit!!

Sorry to hear your project is going SOUTH, curses!
Could you somewhat painlessly add a window...small short project...then do some of the things you mentioned?
I like being my own contractor, headaches and all. Makes me feel in control instead of put upon.

I can’t wait to get away from this asscher, so thank you for the offer to babysit. Haha
I need a NAME for it and a setting, not necessarily in that order:
And then I will come drop it off so I can have a vacation from diamonds.
Well, actually an excuse to come visit and get a free lunch.

Ooh a name! I just replied to your setting thread question. My preference is solitaire all the way and vintagey in feel if you can find one within a reasonable price range. DK perhaps?

Do you want to name the asscher after someone? I will just throw out some names I think would fit your new beauty.

Angela

Bessie

Gertrude

Eleanor

Raquel (she is Va Va Voom!)

Betty

Veronica

Mildred

Ethel

Shirley (as in surely this is the most beautiful asscher that ever existed!)

Estelle

OK that's it for now except to say your free lunch is waiting...yoohoo Sharon, you too!:halo::wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha...Mildred?
Well, I’ll consider it...queen Mildred...yes, it has a certain um ring to it.

Yes, DK. We are “talking”.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I’m sorry your kitchen reno isn’t going smoothly and your contractor is disappointing you - good luck with your decision but if things don’t feel right it probably makes sense to hold off. I like the idea of doing some simpler cosmetic changes to make it more to your taste, less stress going that route. Great picture of you and Greg, love it! Hope you enjoy your day at the beach.

Marcy, I’m glad your program went well - it’s awkward correcting people but I agree that there are times it’s just necessary. Cheesecakes are a great contribution to dinner. We’re going to Dh’s brother’s for Thanksgiving and I usually bring some kind of dessert but his wife makes so many desserts that it just feels unnecessary and there is always so much left over that it’s kind of ridiculous. We might just bring a bottle of wine this year and call it a day. Sorry it’s getting so icy, be careful. I think ice is the worst part of winter weather, very dangerous and so hard to see sometimes.

Hi Springerspaniel - Love Clyde, he’s adorable ❤️

Jimmianne, so kind of you to take care of the baby mice. I’m having a hard time killing things these days too. Even bugs - although sometimes I have to, but I feel bad about it. Ok, maybe not palmetto bugs, they scare me. So glad you are loving your new diamond, it really is beautiful. Choosing a setting is difficult. Hard sometimes to imagine what would make us happiest. I’m leaning towards a solitaire but I do like the look of small traps or bullets too. Whatever you decide will look beautiful.

Austina, a new bangle sounds great - So pretty and very wearable. Very sweet of Colin to suggest it ❤️

Kristie, thank you for the pics of the westies, they are so cute and truly beautiful dogs. Love Maggie with her pizza ❤️ You are doing such a great job of caring for them. I’m hoping you get good news tomorrow about Finn. Sending love and hugs to all.

Thanks to everyone for the support and good thoughts about finishing up with the sale of the house. Means a lot to me!

Ended up having an early dinner with my friend and her SO and we had a very nice time. She, he, and I have known each other since we were teenagers. Not much planned for today - laundry, a few chores around the house, and a quick trip to the store. I’m going to look for new recipe for dinner, gettting tired of making the same couple of things.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG thanks so much for saving the momma mouse and her babies jimmianne that is so awesome.

Thank you

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I have no problem believing you’d take care of any animals you find. I think I draw the line at snakes. I like Mildred.

Missy, well I like your type. Chilly bricks is pretty funny and descriptive. I would honestly prefer that Marty and I prepare all the food for our holiday dinner but everyone wants to contribute and that’s fine too. Good deal that Greg is going to make cheesecake for next week. It sure sounds good right now. As for Joe - bye bye. That’s pretty bad he didn’t call. That does sounds promising you found out the marble isn't as expensive as you were quoted and you found the other marble you really liked last year. I get you’ve had enough of it for now.

Junebug, they had a sale at Pier 1 today. I didn’t make it there though. I think a bottle of wine is always a good thing to bring for dinner. I do hate ice. It makes me nervous. That is pretty cool your friend and her SO have known each other so long. It sounds like a good time.

Hi CJ!

Kristie, thinking of you and the sweet Westies.

You know I haven’t named any of my diamonds or sapphires.

I slept in till 7:20 am today. Poor Marty woke up at 3:40 am. We went out for breakfast then went grocery shopping. After we put everything away we went to the mall and Sams Club. The keyboard case Marty picked up at the mall was the wrong size so we had to go back to the mall. I’ve been working on laundry all day and got a few cards ready to mail. It’s been a busy day.

All of our snow melted by noon yesterday. My sister and BIL were here until about 4:30 yesterday. We had a nice visit. My sister is getting around good with her walker. Her other knee gets replaced in a few weeks.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi to all! I'm not sure I can catch up so will once again, do the inexcusable drive-by and respond to what I can remember.

@missy I'm sorry things are going south on the kitchen. My contractor on the island has gone totally MIA. It's a really busy and challenging construction market so I've tried to be understanding, but at some point you just have to move on, and I'm finally there. He's done great work for neighbors, has done some work for me, but his complete lack of communication is a non-starter for me. So I hear your frustration!

@Jimmianne That asscher is scrumptious!!! Don't know what you're going for but your stone reminds me of my long-time dream ring which is a 1922 Cartier asscher. I'll have to dig up the photo of it and see if it gives you inspiration. And I'm with you on high heels. My stiletto days are behind me. I've finally given away the last pair of them - my party slingbacks with the rhinestone heels. Bummer, but I'm happier when I'm not in pain.

@azstonie My thoughts are still with you and the Westies. You do so much for them, and they reward you with such cuteness like being the first to try out the new recliner. So, so cute! My neighbors swear by a naturopathic vet who has gotten some great results with diet and supplements. It can accomplish a lot. Fingers remain crossed for them.

@junebug17 Hope the closing goes smoothly so it's finally off your to-do list. It will be nice when that's done. And you can wear those studs proudly and say "Well done, me!" Good to hear about your friend and her new BF. It's good to hear that can happen!

@Calliecake Hope all is well, and life is treating you well. And keep the faith on the political front. We'll get this mess turned around!

@marcy Glad you still like teaching astronomy. You must be very good at it to have people want to come to an evening class. Hope Marty is able to be home more during the holiday season.

@PierreBear You continue to amaze with the baking class and the ironman competition! Good for you!!

@Austina Glad you enjoyed riding the Segways. We did a Segway tour in Paris which was great fun. The tricky part was trying to stay balanced and upright while taking photographs!!

@LLJsmom Glad you had a good time at the Hillsborough show. You are hard-core, lady!!

@CJ2008 Glad to see you post again!!

@canuk-gal Hope all is well. How is your knee doing these days?

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone. It wasn't intentional.

This is way late, but I really enjoyed my trip to NYC. It was great meeting three more NIRDI's, seeing so much lovely jewelry and being in one of my favorite cities on the planet. Perfect weather much of the time.

I got to hang out with Libby:
Favorite Libby.jpg

And stroll through Central Park:
Central Park Lake & Bridge.jpg

Finally made it to Carnegie Hall:
Carnegie Hall.jpg

And went to musicals like 'The Lion King' and 'Wicked' with Missy and Greg:
FullSizeRender 42.jpg
IMG_6158.JPG

And saw this obscure little musical no one has ever heard of about the first U.S. Treasury Secretary:
Hamilton Curtain Call.jpg

And honored the fallen:
DSC04734.JPG

Enjoyed a holiday market on a perfect 70 degree day and looked up to see my favorite building:
FullSizeRender 46.jpg

And had some of the best food of my life:
FullSizeRender 56.jpg

It was a great, great time!!!

But given that this is PS, I'll put what you really want to see in my next post.

Attachments

• IMG_6158.JPG
    IMG_6158.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy and I went to see Adam at OWD, and I might possibly have ended up with these lovely antique cushions in these new custom bezel settings. I love them. They're exactly what I was hoping to have, and I really appreciate Missy and Adam for helping me accomplish that!!!

IMG_6400.jpg
cushion studs 2.jpg

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood! So much news! Easy to surmise you had a fantastic time, and your photography skills are to be envied. I especially like the one of Lady Libby, a stunning shot.
And the earrings...”might have possibly “??? ...did you get them? Didn’t you love being in the diamond district and seeing Adam?
Welcome back. You will never catch up lol. I just rejoined PS as an active writer/reader and just jumped in and started swimming. Still Have no idea what everyone was up to while I was off snoozing but somehow it is OK Lol :dance:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, speaking of pages, we are approaching a landmark page soon.
Remember when we hit 100?

Photos du jour
Joy and Mildred, and me with my family “a little while back”.
I used a photo app to give my grandma a smile...she was always scowling.
She looks so pretty with a smile on her face!
A Good reminder that a smile is a cheap facelift that is painless and makes a person feel better inside, too.
A8B8968C-78DB-4FC8-BA7D-4B0E88755201.jpeg 3C453DA5-C715-4970-9648-4097D92B5669.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy are you getting snow??!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Missy and I went to see Adam at OWD, and I might possibly have ended up with these lovely antique cushions in these new custom bezel settings. I love them. They're exactly what I was hoping to have, and I really appreciate Missy and Adam for helping me accomplish that!!!

IMG_6400.jpg
cushion studs 2.jpg
Such artistic pictures of NYC and what a beautiful pair of earrings! What is it like at OWD? Easy to get to?

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the comments on Clyde. We love him so much and now need to train him. We have only had him since late June so are still getting to know his quirks.

Jimmianne I too appreciate your caring for the mother mouse and her babies! And thanks for the pictures from NYC with Missy. Keep those Asscher updates coming.

Kristie How does Maggie use the treadmill? Clyde is a retired showdog and so jumps on my treadmill when he gets a chance, and then sticks out his chest and poses. I know how hard it is to wait for the next blood work results.

Marcy I have been following your kitchen endeavors and my heart goes out to you. We did one kitchen renovation years ago and while there were many good things about it, the contractor way underestimated the costs. He was a wonderful craftsman but somewhat absent minded.I do love the m

Just writing this before going off to work, so hi to everyone I did not get to yet. I have been following your adventures with great interest, though. (Congrats for finishing a grueling race, PB!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow nice way to wake up with coffee...bling and the NIRDIs and more bling! Loving the new photos of Jimmianne's Mildred and Joy and Rainwood's new earrings. All gorgeous!!!!:love:

Good morning girls!

Junie good luck today! All the NIRDIs are sending out lots of smooth closing vibes and hopefully this will soon be off your To Do list and I hope happier things replace it. (((Hugs))).

Jimmianne not that I know of OMG. I mean eventually I am sure we will but for now I think the forecast is relatively quiet. I will keep you posted! How about by you? Is the weather behaving?

Love the family photo! Both of them...with the diamonds and with the humans. Haha an app to make you smile. Love it. I don't love pics of me generally but pics with me not smiling are even worse. A (genuine) smile goes a long way.

Marcy, poor Marty. Hope he got a better night's sleep last night. So glad you enjoyed a lovely visit from your sister and BIL and good going to your sister for being able to use the walker well. Good luck on her upcoming knee surgery for the other knee. Glad your snow is melting.

Glad you are enjoying the thread springerspaniel. We would love more pics of Clyde when you are in the mood and have some time.

Well more stuff happening. Loofy (our car) had a check engine light go on yesterday (Sunday so every auto mechanic place was closed) and was running roughly so Greg left just a while ago to see if we can get the issue diagnosed and hopefully fixed so we can return to Brooklyn today. I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow at 7:30 AM and really need to see David so fingers crossed the car can be fixed. Poor Loofy! I loof (haha I do) him and am not ready for a new car.

And something is going on with my fingers. Red and broken skin and it's weird. Greg took a look and said it looks like his eczema and I do get that but not in this form and not on my fingers. I usually get it on my neck where it is itchy and red. This is more like red and with swelling and some broken skin but no itching. Just hurts. Another mystery illnesss please no. Arghhh.

And Joe texted Greg he was super busy on Saturday at work and will text him today if that was OK. So not hopeful as he didn't say he would call and he didn't try talking yesterday for a few minutes which would have made sense to me. My gut is telling me this project isn't going to work out.

Rainwood
thanks for sharing the experience you recently had with your contractor and yes I won't take it personally and sometimes you have to know when it is time to move on despite all the time already wasted it makes no sense to waste even more time lamenting...sorry you experienced something similar.

Love all your NYC photos and bling photos and love your love for our city.:appl: Hope you visit again soon. We have a cooking/baking date remember? :cheeky: Or rather you and Greg have that cooking baking date and I promise to be hungry.:lickout:

OK it promises to be a busy and somewhat stressful day so I am signing off and hope everyone has a good day and thinking of you today Junie. (((Hugs))) to all. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Closing dust, June! Ready to hear it is DONE.

Missy, my iPhone weather app showed snow briefly this am. I’m glad it was wrong since you are already auto challenged enough today.

If your contractor is treating things thIs way BEFORE he has a commitment from you, I wonder what he would be like AFTER (during the project).

Off to yoga. Since getting the iPad I have a serious addiction to the internet. Maybe yoga will help haha
One thing I hate about the iPad is that it second guesses what I am going to type next and fills it in before I can write what I want. Anyone else have that issue??

Happy Monday :roll2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for the lovely photos @rainwood, so glad you had such a great time, and wow to your beautiful earrings, they look perfect on you.

Clyde is a stunner @springerspaniel , he has such a noble look to him :love: His previous owners loss is certainly your gain, he's gorgeous. Have fun with his training.

I'm glad the snow has melted @marcy I hope it hasn't left that nasty dirty slush behind. Good news that your sister is managing well with her walker, and that you enjoyed your visit with her and your BIL.

Everything crossed for you today @junebug17

Continuing to send good vibes for Maggie and Finn @azstonie

Great photos @Jimmianne, how about Princess Aurora for your new
asscher :lol:

I hope the mice are doing well.

I think the Gods are telling you something @missy Once contractors start messing you around, or misleading you, it's time to move on. We had a couple of unexpected things crop up once work started, and our contractors were happy to split the cost with us, rather than trying to pad out the bill. It's hard to rebuild the trust once your suspicions have been roused.

I hope your skin issue isn't too problematic and boo to the car troubles :( I hope they can both get sorted easily.

Hi @CJ2008 any news on a new home for the kitty?

Managed to get the cleaning and laundry done over the weekend whilst Colin was binge watching the rugby, it's just about the only thing he really watches on TV.

Wet and miserable here, but not so cold, didn't stop Dottie charging full pelt and hurling herself in to the lake this morning :lol:

Have a good day ladies :wavey:

P

PierreBear

@missy – I’m sorry to hear that the kitchen budget would have to double! Reading onto your other posts and thank goodness that you found the marble for cheaper at another place. Ughhh it’s a shame to find that people will be dishonest and take advantage.

The marble looks lovely. However, I’m a bit distracted once again about by your fun and sexy boots. Plus those leggings!

Hmm sorry to hear about your fingers. Hope the dermatologist says you just need a big diamond on that finger for the redness and pain to go away.

@Austina – Oohhhh I missed the story on you getting a new bangle. Is this a Christmas present? Will it be your first time in the WF showroom? We made a visit one time. Very excited for you! Do you have a picture of what you are planning to get?! Yippeee!

@marcy – Good luck to your sister’s knee replacement. Hope it will be a quick recovery. Kudos to you for making cheesecake. Never done that before!

Do you mind me asking about your housecleaner since you mentioned it in your posting? I noticed that ours is taking some short cuts here and there. They used to do X, Y, and Z and now they seem to be skipping it. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe that day they were rushed or was missing one person. However, I’m afraid it’s a trend. Not sure how to broach that topic since we don’t really see them and it’s just a bit uncomfortable to comment. Anyhow, have you experienced that before or do you have any suggestions?

@springerspaniel – Ohhh gosh, sorry to hear about Yogi having renal failure but glad you found a way to manage it!

@azstonie – Sorry to hear about the medical issues for the two pups. Is it common for Westies? You are a great dog mom though for going above and beyond with food prep and supplements! Hope ya’ll find a way to manage it.

The pizza toy is adorable!!!

@Jimmianne – Three cheers to Queen Mildred!

@junebug17 – Glad that you had a wonderful time with your friend and SO. I’m sure there were some good retelling of stories if ya’ll had been friends since teenager years.

@rainwood – Thanks for coming back to share the photos. I loved the pastry photos as much as your earrings. Those studs are beautiful! I love the shape and it looks stunning on your ear. Can I also mention that I love the color of your hair?

P

PierreBear

Playing catch up with ya'll and I realized that I never shared an update. The work conference went well. Got my credit hours in but was a bit sad that the key note speaker was someone I heard again and it was the exact same speech. Haha... and some of the examples that were used was "tweaked" a bit which made me wonder if these were real personal examples or slightly fictional and enhanced to make a point. At least the dessert buffet part was fun.

On another note, it was finally cold enough to use our outdoor fireplace. My cat is an indoor cat but he must have been missing us since we were out of town that he used his little head/paw to push open the door. He walked all the way to the fireplace before I noticed that he escaped the house! We couldn't resist and just held him next to the fire place. Most of the time DH was holding him and his little head was tucked into his arm. Either the wind was scary or it was the fire. Then he got a bit too comfortable and moved onto my lap and I held him as I normally would but this time his face wasn't tucked in. With a strong gush of wind, the fire got a little bit too close. Surely enough, it was that burning smell and it wasn't until we looked down that we realized we failed as cat parents. hahaha... but his curly whiskers are adorable. He forgave us and purred all throughout the night on our bed. Capture.PNG

After the conference I was passing the time until dinner with a friend and stopped by an outlet mall. Picked up a dress for $30 bucks but am not really familiar with lace type dresses. Any comments on whether this is formal (wedding/special events) type of dress or is it casual that I would be able to wear to work with a cardigan over it to be a bit more covered? I thought it was dark green that gave it a Christmas event type feel but it might actually be dark blue. I know I have plenty of dresses but for that price and for it to fit well, I just couldn't pass it up. Bad me! Anyhow, I appreciate the fashion help as lace makes me feel like it's overtly "sensual" as if it's supposed to be lingerie but I've seen it on other ladies and it seems to be a good look. Appreciate the fashion help!

dress.PNG

Hope ya'll have a wonderful week getting ready for Thanksgiving. We are only in charge of salad and wine. Pretty simple!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierrebear, THAT DRESS ROCKS HARD and you look great in it. Nooooooooooo to cardigan, noooooo :mrgreen2:

Sure, something outside or in the car, but not indoors!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those kitty whiskers, I feel guilty for laffing but they are so curly-cute but just 1 side!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, your pictures are fabulous. It looks like you really enjoyed the sights of NYC. I can’t even say which picture is my favorite; you touched on many of my senses and emotions. Good job as a photographer there. My astronomy presentations now are for an astronomy club but I sure pull in a lot of projects I used when I was teaching. I sure enjoy it. Those earrings are fabulous. Did you take them home with you?

Jimmianne, Mildred and Joy are beautiful. Did you get my email yesterday with suggesting how i figure out how thick of a band I want? I also forwarded JA’s sale today. You probably get their emails too but just in case. I love that you gave your grandmother a smile. It is funny how serious people look in older photos. Nice family photo though. Yes, the iPad will fill in words for you. I just told me niece that auto correct and auto fill is what I refer to as “you stupid piece of shut”. I believe you can turn that option off on your iPad. If you want me to look up where just let me know.

Springer, good luck training Clyde. Giving him love and a happy home is the main thing.

Missy, it is nice to have a morning picture show from the NIRDI’s. Of course mine is usually an evening show. Poor Loofy. Hopefully all is well now. Oh no! I am sorry to hear about your fingers breaking out. That is miserable. If you guys give Joe another chance I’d sure bring up the price you found out the marble top could be purchased for from that other guy.

Austina, our snow is all melted. That is too funny Dottie hurled herself in to the lake this morning. She could join the polar bear club diving in to icy water. It sounds like you weekend was like mine - cleaning and laundry.

PierreBear, cheesecake is pretty easy to make. I’ve been making it lately in cupcake papers. It is so much easier to pack little cupcakes instead of taking the whole cheesecake and cutting it up to serve it. It tears so easy. Yes, I have noticed the same thing with my cleaning lady. I know exactly what you mean about hesitating to bring it up things to them. Some things I let slide, others I might just mention one or two things when she gets here and just say something like hey I noticed the top of the headboard needs dusted in our bedroom. Her sister has cleaned for us a few times and she is way more thorough than our usual girl. Our usual girl never moves any of our rugs to clean the floor and I don’t think she always mops our tile floor by the front door or in the laundry room. She does mop the wooden floor though. I also hesitate to say much for 2 reasons - you don’t want to anger the person who could really mess with your personal stuff and this girl is the DIL of one of Marty’s friends. I also notice she never cleans the entire 4 hours I pay her for anymore. I still feel I am getting a bargain though because I pay her $100 for the 4 hours and I know a cleaning service would be probably double that. She also cleans on the weekend which is hard to find. Glad the kitty didn’t get hurt from the burnt whiskers. I trimmed my hair that way one time lighting a pot belly stove that I forgot to open the vent. Glad the conference went well. I like your new dress. I think you can really dress it up or dress it down depending on accessories and tops / jackets, etc. you wear with it.

June, I hope things went well for you today.

Kristie, how are Finn and Maggie today?

I was glad to go back to work today. I need to rest. I did get my mini cheesecakes made tonight and they sure smell good. I usually get 22 our of a batch but I had a little cheesecake batter left so I made 2 more cupcakes without cook crumbs at the bottom. I plan on slipped those in to my lunch for the next 2 days. Ha! I have to test drive my cheesecake before I serve it.

It was horrible windy here today. Interstates both EW and NS were closed with semis blown over. Luckily no one was hurt.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found some of these pretty amusing

1. My goal for 2017 was to lose 20 pounds .. only 25 to go.
2. Ate salad for dinner ... mostly croutons and tomatoes ... really just one big, round crouton covered with tomato sauce ... and cheese. Okay, FINE, it was a pizza... I ate a pizza!
3. How to prepare Tofu in two easy steps:
1. Throw it in the trash.
2. Grill some meat.

4. I don't mean to brag but. I finished my 14-days of diet food in 3 hours and 20 minutes.
5. A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.
6. Kids today don't know how easy they have it... when I was young, I had to walk over 9 feet of shag carpet to change the TV channel.
7. Senility has been a smooth transition for me.
8. Remember back when we were kids, and every time it was below zero outside, they closed school? Me neither.
9. I may not be that funny, or athletic, or good looking, or smart, or talented .... I forgot where I was going with this.
10. I love being over 60; I learn something new every day. and forget 5 others.
11. A thief broke into my house last night, and started searching for money. I got up, and searched with him.
12. I think I'll just put an "Out of Order" sticker on my forehead, and call it a day.
Just remember, once you're over the hill, you begin to pick up speed."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LOL Marcy that is hysterical. You had Greg and me chuckling this morning. Thank you I needed that.:lol:
Sorry it was so windy by you yesterday. Those winds are dangerous. Glad everyone was safe.
Haha going back to work was restful for you. I hear you. I think that is going to be Greg's feeling as well after Thanksgiving is finished this year. Lots of work. You should have seen us loading the car yesterday afternoon after it was fixed before we headed back to NYC. OMG we had a huge turkey and all the fixings to bring back for Greg to cook. LOL what a sight with 4 cats and all the Thanksgiving fixings in tow. :lol:

Austina thanks. We had the car fixed temporarily to the tune of too much but we had to do it. My poor dh was with the mechanic for 5 plus hours yesterday while they were waiting for a special tool and part. But the car is running now woohoo. We will see where we go from here in terms of do we need a new car or can we keep Loofy for now. Tough decision.

I hope your wet and miserable weather calms down and you get some sunny crisp weather very soon. Hugs to Dottie!

PierreBear love the dress. I don't think a cardigan would be a good fit with this dress which could be dressed up if you want or down depending on your accessories. I think a soft black shrug would be a great coverup with it. If it is chilly it is good to have options and I am a fan of shrugs. This was the only photo I could find easily to share with you to show you what I mean. This actually wasn't the shrug I ended up wearing as I had one that looked better with this dress but it gives you an idea what I mean. Hope this pic doesn't end up too large.

eveninggown.jpg

If you want to dress your lace dress down wear it with boots. It would look fabulous.

The kitchen budget wasn't doubled just what Joe allowed for the countertops was more than doubled so it increases our cost by 10K so now we are still deciding what we are doing re are we going forward and if so what material countertop. I have almost decided I now want a white quartz because perhaps all this is a sign not to go with the more delicate marble and instead choose the hardier quartz but not sure it will be white enough. Another issue is our island is not the usual size and we don't want seams so we are limited which material we can choose that will be wide enough. Our island will be 65" by 70" so sort of fat.

Here is my new inspiration photo. Isn't this fresh and beachy? I love this look.

whiteandbluekitchen.jpg

Junie hope yesterday's closing went well.

Thanks for your concern everyone.

I am anxious about today's derm appointment and they called last night to push my appointment later as he has emergencies before my appointment now. My appointment was at 7:30AM so it is frustrating to be pushed later and I know I will be there a long time. She said come inat 8:15 but she couldn't promise I'd be out of there by 10AM to give you an idea of how long one waits for this doctor even at that early hour. Oh well. Luckily I am retired right? I used to joke with David that I would have to quit working because of how long his waits were. LOL I was only half joking.

I cannot lie and be fake cheerful as I cannot shake this ominous feeling about my new symptoms of finger swelling/ bleeding and I have no clue if it is a different form of my chilblains or something new. It has a weird presentation. So nervous and praying it isn't anything serious. I feel as if I am on a roller coaster of weird diseases these past few years. Thanks for allowing me to be real and not forced upbeat or fake. It helps to just be how I am feeling right now if you kwim. Sharing my fears and concerns.

Off in a while to see David and hope everyone has a good day
.:wavey:

Last edited:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of you Missy as you wait for your appointment. Hoping that it turns out to be a benign condition.

P

PierreBear

Good morning! I woke up bright eyed bushy tail, 2 hours before the alarm went off this morning. I just relaxed in bed and snuggled. When my alarm went off it's set to the NPR station and the first thing I heard was politics, so I shut that off really quick. haha... tired of hearing about all that stuff. It used to just be during the election period but now it seems to be 24/7. Anyhow, excited that DH essentially has a half day today. We will meet at the gym to do a workout class and then go grocery shopping together. What a rare occasion to do something together on the week day instead of the weekend. Hope ya'll have a great day!

@azstonie – Thanks for the dress compliment. Ah, yes I guess the beauty of the dress is in the shoulder area but I feel so exposed, which is silly as it doesn’t even show anything provocative. If I can be bold with my jewelry, then surely I can be braver with lace dresses.

I crack up all the time seeing my cat’s curly whiskers. How are the pups doing today?

@marcy – Oohhh you are thinking about getting a band? What are you looking for or wearing it with? Very exciting.

Good idea on making little cupcakes. I love mini-sized desserts and will have to try it out sometime. I like your idea on just bringing up “please clean this area,” which might just suggest to them that it’s noticeable that areas are being missed. We also use someone who lives in the community so it is less than the market rate so even at the worst cleaning, it is still a bargain.

Your 12 one liners were really funny! I think I’ll need to save some of those for the Thanksgiving table. If anyone brings up politics, I’ll change the subject with one of these.

@missy – Thanks for sharing that beautiful photo of yourself. Were ya’ll about to go out on date night or a Christmas party? I don’t have a shrug but I suppose I have shawls/wraps that I can use similarly.

Whew, glad to understand that the whole budget wasn’t increased x2 but 10K is not pocket change. Love the inspirational photo! We have quartz, which is dark gray in the kitchen but white in the bathrooms but it has specks. From afar it does look white but up close it’s not as pure white as what you have been showing. We have been really happy with the quartz. Easy to clean and feels nice to the touch. Good luck searching for the right material/color.

Hope the dermatology appointment goes well. Much dust to you!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Killer dress and bod @PierreBear :lol: It looks too nice for work, I like Missy's suggestion of a shrug, I have something similar, and it gets lots of use.

Poor Puss, although he doesn't seem to be traumatised from his whiskery misadventure :mrgreen:

1 and 4 sound like me @ Marcy :oops: I wish I didn't like to eat so much, but the only time I don't have an appetite is when I'm stressed, so I think it must be better to carry a little etra weight, than have all those negative stress hormones- well that's what I tell myself :lol:

The individual cheesecakes sound like a great way not to indulge too much.

Wow, it must've been really bad to blow over the semis, what a good job no one was hurt.

Hope the closing went without a hitch @junebug17

Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long for your appointment @missy
and the dermo was able to make a diagnosis and advise on treatment. No need to feel that you always need to be upbeat, that's not real life. We all have worries, sharing them often helps ease the fear.

Big wave to Springy, Rainwood and Azstonie.:wavey:

Not much going on here today, its much milder, I went to Pilates, that is all :lol:

:wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, time to post about something other than Charlie Rose . . . . First let me clear up any confusion. Those bezeled cushion earrings are all mine! Adam had the settings made for me because I'm probably the only woman on the planet who wanted antique cushions in a bezeled setting that doesn't have milgrain. Putting old stones in modern settings is my thing.

@missy Sometimes we have to make a few different decisions in order to land on the one that turns out to be the best. Your countertops may be one of those kinds of decision trains. I like your new inspiration photo although I see a black countertop in the background!! I saw one of those HGTV shows that was about Cape Cod beach houses, and the best kitchen was white, but had a beautiful, beautiful sort of soft sea green marble that didn't have movement and looked so beachy. I loved it even though I never thought I would so keep your options open. You never know what might end up being perfect.

I hope you get some answers and comfort from your dermatology appointment. The problems with your skin have been so troubling for you so having another one pop up must be hard. Fingers crossed that there's an explanation that's not distressing.

@Jimmianne I want to say again how much I admire your creativity and resilience, and zest for life. Sometimes, it's hard to remember that about ourselves, but I often consider you an inspiration. An inspiration with a big honkin' gorgeous Asscher! I still need to be on my other computer to find that Cartier ring. I'll try to do that later today.

@junebug17 Did the house sale close? I'm sure hoping so. And woo-hoo if it did!

@marcy Good for you keeping your hand in the astronomy world. And I had to laugh at the list of "truths"! Some of them rang true for me, for sure.

@PierreBear Loved the kitty photo!! That focused look. Thanks for the compliment on my hair. It's been the bane of my existence forever, and it's now a combination of drab brownette (brown without all the richness of being a brunette) and white so I'm closer to my childhood blonde than I have been in decades! That's me being glass half-full about it. And the French bakery in NYC was similar to the ones in Paris. Some of the prettiest pastries were also the least delicious. My favorite was the raspberry custard tarts at the right side. So tasty. What's your next baking adventure?

Your lace dress looks so good on you, and you can't beat the price. Lace is really popular right now so you can wear it a lot of places. I'd probably wear a covering of some sort for the office, but I spent a lot of years in a conservative work environment so I may be a bit out of date on that.

@Austina I forgot to tell you how adorable Harry was. I fell in love with him at first sight in that photo, and he must have been so grateful to find his forever home with you. Good luck on both sides. I'm sure you miss him greatly.

ASFM, I wanted to tell you all about my latest diamond-related adventure. I met and had interesting discussions with Paul Slegars and John Pollard of Crafted by Infinity when they were in town last week. It was a really educational and interesting experience. I looked through an ASET viewer for the first time, and didn't realize how 3D it actually is!! So so cool. They are going to be selling diamonds through my local jeweler, and it was fun to finally meet them after reading their posts for so many years!! If you ever get a chance to meet these guys, do it. I also late and earned a little about Belgian chocolate so you can't beat that!!

We also had a big storm last week, and I had 2 trees and a big branch come down. No major damage, but will need to be dealt with. Winter is not my favorite time of year!!

Stay well, everyone.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierre Bear, The dress looks GORGEOUS on you!!! It is perfect to wear to a wedding.

JImmianne, The diamond is beautiful. Can't wait to see how you set this.

Junie, Congrats on the closing being over. Do you feel like a huge weight has been lifted?

Beautiful earrings Rainwood!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am glad I provided you and Greg a chuckle this morning. I should use some of those lines in my annual Christmas poem this year. I bet your car was loaded yesterday with 4 cats and the Thanksgiving feast. Good luck on the Loofy decision. Beautiful lace dress; I do believe I saw that picture before. I really like lace tops and dresses. The kitchen in your inspiration photo is fabulous. I agree it looks fresh and beachy. It doesn’t hurt to look in to finding some white quartz. I hope things work out for renovating your kitchen. I know you’ll enjoy a fresh look. That is too bad you have to wait so long to see David. I sure hate to hear your hands have flared up.

Hi Springer!

PierreBear, I hope you enjoyed the gym and shopping with your DH. What a treat. I am always thinking about getting another band (like I need more) or a new ering but I do like what I have and my wish list is long and varied. Thee mini cheesecakes work well. It’s not quite a full piece but close and cheesecake is so rich anyway. What I do with my cleaning lady is kind of pick the one or two things I feel needs it the most. Good plan to keep those one liners handy to brighten up a conversation.

Austina, I would say 1 and 4 work for me too. I am a stress eater and I reach for sugar. Sadly semis get blown over frequently in our wind storms. When I am on the highway and it’s bad I really punch it when I go by them. There are spots that are worse than others and I don’t pass in those areas.

Sharon, I like the idea of a sheer long blouse. I enjoy the movie Clueless.

Rainwood, your bezel set earrings look perfect. Very classy and elegant looking. Congratulations. Good idea about going with a different color countertop in a white kitchen. I wish we’d picked white cabinets instead of oak. Oh well, too late now. I have always enjoyed astronomy so it’s nice I have been able to share that passion with other people over the years. How cool to meat Paul and John from CBI. I am sure that was very interesting. I know I can go to one of their meet the cutter since I have one of their diamonds. Maybe they’ll get a store in Denver sometime. Belgian chocolate sounds delicious. I hate to hear you had 2 trees knocked down from a storm.

Hi Callie. Are you having decent weather there?

One more day then I’ll be enjoying a 4 day weekend. Woo hoo!! I am looking forward to it.

I made tacos for supper. Marty was busy all day and is working now. Hopefully he’ll get a long weekend too.

Do any of you go out shopping on Black Friday? I am more of a Cyber Monday shopper.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results