Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, all!

Missy, I'm glad you have access to all the patient records you need, and that they were able to realize and tell you how much they value you. Sometimes it takes a crisis to make that happen. But boo on the double booking. Is it possible for them to keep track of your no-shows and if your rate of no-shows is lower to get them to stop double-booking? If they won't do it, could you keep a quick tally yourself so you can argue your case later?

And I was too old to listen for the 'Free To Be You and Me' album when it came out, but I know it meant a lot to many kids, especially girls, who are younger than I am. And I'm sorry there are more feral kittens, but you and Greg are doing all you can.

Junie, just to let you know how prolonged the process can be, I just got notice the state tax return on my DH's estate has been reviewed and they've confirmed no state tax is due, but that federal is still pending. The state and federal estate tax returns were submitted MORE THAN A YEAR AGO.

Scandi, when I read you'd been called to an extraordinary parent meeting, I thought 'Well, of course, she was! Scandal is an extraordinary parent!' I thought you'd get a laugh out of that. Hope the plumber came when they were supposed to and did what they were supposed to do.

Jimmianne, I think you should send your DD a text photo everyday of you with her cat! Two birds, one stone. You could dress up in matching outfits or accessories!!

Marcy, my blues are all I's and J's so don't really look blue. The I that's in my engagement ring sometimes looks a little blue when I'm out in the strong sun and I kind of like that, but it may just be the blue from the sky. All the rest of the stones are in earrings so I have no idea what they do outside except I hope they sparkle like mad!

Jaaron, a private yoga class with your friends sounds wonderful. I have a hard time self-motivating to do yoga and the few times I've got to a class I just had to try and keep up with the best, most flexible person in the class who's half my age and it never ends well. So I have to do it at home, which is actually more convenient when I actually do it. Maybe I'll go do it tonight. And congrats on the treadmill 10K. If you could get the flat coats to run alongside, you'd have it made! Again, two birds, one stone.

Elle will not be back home until Monday. They wanted to do a little more work as part of the re-sizing and Adam was going to ship for Saturday delivery, but I need to go to the island this weekend and didn't want to wait around. So it will come Monday. And as to the island house, I'm going to go for the reverse jinx by saying everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and it's all a freakin' disaster. Maybe that will work.

Oh, and I've hit the ignore button on a couple of PS posters and I'm liking it. I was hesitant to do it for some unknown reason, but now I'm glad I did. It doesn't make everything go away, including any threads they start, but it does help. I'm thinking of adding a few more posters to the list.

Have a good weekend, everyone!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello ya'll. :wavey:

Rainwood, your ring is luscious. Wonderful!!!!! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Weekend!

June, I think the fancy shape diamonds are best to pick out in person. You can’t pick them by numbers anyway.

Scandi,, I love your idea for Jimmianne sending her daughter pictures of herself doing different things. That is priceless. I should text my sister selfies all the time. You’ve put obnoxious ideas in my head. Marty was a great manager so I pick his brain frequently. Asking questions works really well and they aren’t confrontational. The best one is “help me understand . . . “ The hardest part for me remain silent while they are trying to come up with an answer.

Missy, those old shows are fabulous. MTM, That Girl, Newhart; they were all awesome. I get those dark thoughts sometimes. It can be a cruel world. Sorry you had to gulp down your lunch yesterday. It’s good you had so many patients though. Sounds like a new generation of ferals have found shelter at your beach house. Yes, new ones will continue to come but you are doing everything can to help them.

Rainwood, your blues sound fabulous. My EC is medium blue and I notice the bluish tint in the sunshine but I often wonder if it’s the sky or the fluorescence. I hope to see some HIJ pears with strong or very strong blue. It’s fun to look anyway. I hope your reverse jinx works for the island house. Speaking of Elle I listened to Legally Blonde at work today. The diamond ring Warner gave Vivian was a giant pear.

Hi Sharon.

Work was very busy again. With company layoffs I am glad my department is pretty busy 9 months of the year.

I met a friend for lunch so wasn’t too hungry for supper. I made popcorn instead. Easy cooking and dishes.

Marty is going to Colorado tomorrow for a strength training meetup. I am going to take my laptop in to Simply Mac, go look at pear diamonds and bake cookies. Such excitement.

I just turned on the Fifth Element - it's at a great spot - right before Chris Tucker's unforgettable screaming. That always cracks me up.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, have a good time at the island this weekend and I also believe in the power of the jinx! Greg calls it being stupidstitious but I don't care because it is real and he knows it too after being burned a few times too many. Example: Greg used to say (when there was no traffic) how great the traffic is non existent yada yada yada as we are heading to the beach house and BAM suddenly huge traffic jams and he doesn't do things like that anymore so you tell me if he thinks it is real or not. That's right. :wink2:

Hope the jinx back/reverse jinx works and that everything is working right at the beach house and that you have a terrific time and woohoo Elle will be waiting for you when you return. Fingers crossed. Ooh and I love the blues. In gems and diamonds and music that is. IRL not so much. But BLUE is my favorite color. Any blue. Dark, medium, light all blues rock. :love:

Thanks for the work advice. I do have no shows usually though and the stats don't lie but the amount of patients the administration wants me to see as opposed to the amount of patients I can see where I can do a thorough and good exam is a number that is a bit apart in reality if you kwim. Soooo we will see. I have always said as long as I am doing the best I can and I feel that the best I can is taking good care of my guys I am staying and once that isn't true time for me to leave. For now we are good and I will take it one day at a time. What a difference it makes knowing I can leave if I have to. I feel calm and zen about it. And I am pleased the records have all transferred from the last 2 years so that is a big relief!

Marcy, I just heard on the news that there is a huge flu outbreak in the NYC area. Looks like we have something in common with your area now. Oh no. The flu sucks.

Glad your department at work is busy and you know you are valued. That goes a long way to feeling safe and secure. Nice you got to meet a friend at lunch and you know I enjoy popcorn for dinner occasionally. Especially if you're watching a good movie. I haven't seen Fifth Element for a long time. Might have to watch it again soon. We watched a good movie on Netflix from 2005 last night called
Hard Candy with Ellen Paige. Not sure you would like it. It is sort of about pedophilia and that is all I want to say in case you do want to watch it. We liked it. I really like Ellen Paige.

Hi Sharon!

Scandi, how did work go yesterday and any news re the construction? Hope your weekend plans are fun. Hugs to F.

Enjoy your Saturday girls! It's a cold weekend here and thinking we may visit a museum or anything else indoors. Though I do want to visit the Brooklyn rescues so we may take a short walk outside to do that too. Enjoy! :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry weekend from the mountains :)

20170128_133304.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1485570324|4120932 said:
HI:

Hello ya'll. :wavey:

Rainwood, your ring is luscious. Wonderful!!!!! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! I'm quite happy I finally pulled the trigger.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, too funny about Greg and not jinxing himself. Marty always says it a conspiracy. That is too bad the flu is breaking out there; it has been nasty here for weeks. Stay well in that sea of people. Fifth Element is one of Marty’s favorite movies. Another one is the Big Lebowski which is what I was watching last night when I made popcorn. Management has been telling us at work to grow or go; I guess they meant it. Maybe my team will clean up their act. I can always hope anyway. I think I’ve seen that Ellen Paige movie. It sounds familiar.

Scandi; pretty picture from the mountains. I was going to get some shots of our city this morning but it is so stinking windy today I didn’t go looking for a good spot. You can see mountains in the distance to the west of us.

Rainwood, Elle was worth waiting for; she is so pretty.

Marty went to some strength training GTG today in Boulder. One of them is a trainer; we’ll see what ideas he comes home with. I kept myself busy. I was at Simply Mac when the door opened and they told me to come back Monday to see the tech guy about my space bar. As bizarre as it seems it is working fine now. Sure make a liar out of me!

Then I went to the jewelry store where I left my yellow sapphires. They claim they left me a message with the estimate for my earrings. It was for $979. I said that is ridiculous for lever backs and small diamonds. WF would probably come in cheaper than that and I know they’d be better. I asked for my sapphires back. I’ll take them to the guy downtown. I bet he’s at least a few hundred less. If he comes back that expensive I might pass on the diamonds; I’d rather save money for a diamond pendant.

Then I went to a few jewelry stores in the mall. I bought a 22” YG box chain that is adjustable. It works really well. I might pick up a WG sometimes. Then I decided what the heck; I’m going to have chicken nuggets for lunch. I loved every bite of them and so far I don’t have a stomach ache.

Since I have 5 Snoopy charms I decided to see if I can get one of those bracelets for the charms. They gave me a deal to buy 2 more Snoopy charms which I did; I came home and put my 6 charms on the bracelet and quickly decided I doubt I will ever wear it. I am going to enjoy collecting the Snoopy charms but I probably won’t wear that bracelet at all.

I ran out to the cemetery and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home.

I brewed up a batch of chocolate chip cookies and have been watching some of the MTM shows they are running on the Sundance channel today.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Here is another astrophoto - it won't work for power points since it's portrait but one of my favorite shots.

_38949.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from the mountains :)

No internet, except my phone. The mobile internet we brought with us is not working. So neither is my DH. LOL.

Just started to snow :appl:

Marcy, you sure got a lot accomplished yesterday! To bad/funny you didn't like the bracelet but just the charms! But the charms really are super cute!

Missy, the double bookings must be stressful! I would have been stressed out each time I looked out into the waiting room :lol: one or two patients waiting this time?? :lol: But I'm sure you are handling it beautifully :)

Ciao!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, boo to the jewelry store and your high sapphire estimate. Good luck with finding a better alternative. I know you will and then you can get a pretty diamond pendant with that money you save. Yay for more Snoopy charms and it is OK to be a collector and not wear them if it brings you pleasure. Glad you enjoyed the chicken nuggets for lunch without any repercussions! Ooh the chocolate chip cookies you baked sound yummy and perfect for MTM reruns. I watched the 60 Minutes special on MTM last night as I was falling asleep. I loved that she said she wanted to be remembered for being a friend to animals. She was a lovely lovely person.

Love the astro photo!

Scandi, beautiful photo from the mountains and yay for snow!

Have a good Sunday girls! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, rats for limited internet access in the mountains. The place we used to go for our star parties had no cellular service. Generally, we liked it that way. I’ll probably put a lot of money in a charm bracelet that I’ll never wear; it will be collectibles not wearable. Your furbaby looks cold in all that snow and I am really surprised she is standing still.

Missy, I missed that MTM program last night. If it was on a network, I should have it recorded at work so I can listen to this next week. I did enjoy watching the MTM show yesterday. She seemed like a very nice person. I completely forgot about the kitty meowing at the end of the show. That was very cute. Marty and I both just had a few cc cookies. I got out a few for me and he said where are my chocolate chip cookies. I never know when he’ll eat carbs or sugar. I did spent a little bit more on my Snoopy bracelet last night; I ordered some spacers and a stopper. I've dropped the charms on the floor about 4 times then Marty looked at it and since he's so tall they really went flying.

We headed out to Colorado about 9 am this morning. We needed a receiver that can pass 4K from our satellite box to our TV. Planet Earth II is airing in 4K starting in a few weeks and I wanted to be ready. I picked up a new iPad case while we were at Best Buy. The one I bought a few weeks ago from Amazon is so slick it is like picking up a wet bar of soap.

We also stopped at our favorite kitchen store then had lunch at our favorite steak house down there.

It is crazy windy here again and we save several trailers off in the ditch. One guy lost his pull trailer with 2 snow machines on it; they rolled for sure. I think that had just happened as we were going by. I am glad the trailers didn’t pull over the trucks though. Very scary.

I am working on laundry this afternoon. I took tomorrow off so if I get all my work done today I can be lazy tomorrow.

I rented the Accountant last night to watch. It was pretty good.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm glad you're feeling better and less stressed about work. Hopefully the double booking won't get out of hand, and you are right to just take it one day at a time and see how things play out. I agree that knowing you can leave if you really feel the need to is a big help. I hope you and Greg had a nice weekend together and were able to find some indoor things to do. I'm sorry about the new kitties that are showing up, but I am so happy they have food to eat because of you and Greg. You guys are just so awesome for all you do for these ferals.

Scandi, I'm glad to hear the preschool will stay open long enough for your DS to finish there. These days it's the thought of selling my mother's house that has me stressed, it's not going to be easy. My kids seem to be doing pretty well right now, thank you for asking! DD is settled in her job as a special ed teacher and is it seems like she's enjoying life. I'm still a bit concerned about my son, he still seems to be struggling a little with a few things but overall is doing ok.

Love your pictures! Wow, the scenery at the mountains is so beautiful. The pic of your furbaby is amazing, I love how the red of her coat stands out against the rest of the pic - very cool!

Rainwood, I hope you're having a nice time and that everything is working on the island! Good move to wait and have Elle delivered on Monday, I am so excited for you to have her back on your finger. I keep thinking of how gorgeous she is. Thanks for the reminder that these estate things can take time and I hope that things get settled for you soon.

Marcy, I'm sorry the estimate for your earrings came out so high, but you have other options so things will work out even though I know it's making this project more complicated. Sounds like you've been pretty busy at work, and I agree it's a good thing and shows you and your department are needed. I hope things don't get too hectic and that the level of "busy" stays manageable for you. Your little shopping trip sounds like fun, glad you found an adjustable chain and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it. Sorry you're having second thoughts about the bracelet, but who knows, maybe you'll change your mind, it sounds like it would be a fun piece of jewelry to wear!

Hi Sharon! :wavey:

It's been a very uneventful weekend here, dh and I stayed in for the most part, just too chilly to venture out much. We did go out for dinner Saturday night, and I went to the grocery store today. Talk about life on the wild side haha!

Have a good Monday everyone!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, NIRD-sters!!

Missy, hope you had a good weekend and got some good sleep.

Scandi, love the photos!!

Junie, having a quiet weekend is sometimes a good thing. I was interested to hear about your DD. My oldest niece is a special ed teacher too. It takes a special kind of wonderful person to be drawn to special ed.

Marcy, bummer on the high custom quote.

The reverse jinx seems to have worked on the island. I'll say nothing more. It was quiet over there and I got a lot of reading done. My stack of New Yorker magazines got quite a bit smaller. I'm only 2 or 3 weeks behind now instead of months! And I don't know if this is going to be a pattern for me, but I wanted to say that the events of this weekend made me proud to be a lawyer. We get a bad rap much of the time (often well-deserved), but lawyers, along with the press, are our primary defense against injustice. It was lawyers who went to court to get the emergency stay and lawyers who showed up at airports all over the country to help reduce the impact of this travesty. Missy, I hope Greg feels the same pride do. Sometimes, lawyers rock!!

Have a good Monday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, yay for the reverse jinx working and I am so glad everything went well this weekend at the island and that you had a nice visit and got so much accomplished too. I have been sleeping better thanks but probably the fact that I can go back to sleep at 4 AM and sleep till 7:30 every morning is the main difference and that is something I cannot do on my workdays. But I did sleep better this weekend, thanks.

I am glad this weekend made you proud to be a lawyer and I know you are a good one! I am always proud of Greg and he is a good attorney with high morals and true ethics and I wish more attorneys were like you and Greg. Yay for those attorneys who have made and continue to make a difference to those people who need it most! :appl:

And OMG Elle is returning home today. :appl: :love: No pressure or anything but wouldn't it be nice for Elle to get her own thread when you had the chance? You don't have to post hundreds of pics and you already took some really good ones of her. Just maybe you can think about sharing the Elle love with PSers a little more because we all need some cheering up these days!

Junie, sounds like a relaxing peaceful weekend! Yes it was cold and we didn't do too much either. Visited the rescues and went and got our eyeglasses adjusted at a new Warby Parker in Cobble Hill and we played lots of card games. Greg is getting pretty good and becoming a card shark despite what he says LOL. I did win most of the games but he really did a number on me in one of the games and came back from behind and won. Wow. I hate losing. ;( :doh: :cheeky: But then I thought about it and was glad he won one because that might help encourage him to keep playing cards with me. Gotta boost morale some times right. :lol:

Marcy, MTM is on several channels (on our cable that is) all year long so you might be able to catch some of her shows. I watched the pilot last night in bed and it was so adorable. I also watched the Dinner Party episode. I love Mary. She was so likable. We saw the movie "The Interview" the other night on Netflix. A 1998 movie. Did I recommend it here yet? If not I am recommending it. Really good movie. Well done.
Sounds like you had a nice trip to Colorado yesterday. Hope your new receiver does the trick. OH no to trailers in the ditch yesterday. That's awful.

Glad you took today off. Enjoy your Monday and hope you get to do some fun activities and not all chores today. Speaking of chores Greg took care of all the chores this weekend and I have to pinch myself sometimes. As usual he did all the laundry (including folding too) including washing all our sheets and comforter covers; Costco shopping without me (since he knows I don't like Brooklyn Costco anymore as it's too crowded on the weekends) and cooking for the week including making me butternut squash soup from scratch!; vacuuming and dusting; replacing all the litter in the litter boxes (have to do that every week to keep it fresh) and more I just can't think of it right now. LOL last night I was getting ready for bed and I said to Greg wow the weekend went so fast and I really didn't do much and he said he feels like he did a lot. And then I looked at him and we both started laughing. OMG he makes a good wife. :oops: :lol:

Anyway Marcy enjoy the day today and have fun free of chores. :appl:

Scandi, love the photo. Hope you and your family had a lovely mountain getaway and enjoyed the snow!

Jimmianne, I know you are OK so I am relieved. How was the storm? Did you lose power for a long time? Hope all is well now by you.

On that note wishing you all a good day! It's almost February which means Spring is on its way woohoo! :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls :wavey:

I have no idea where this day went! Probably didn't help that I was stuck in a meeting from morning until 1 pm. LOL. It is already afternoon here and only 2 more hours until I *must* leave work to go pick up DD at her ballet class. She is starting to be such a little lady, so strange, lol.

Missy, I have booked tickets to Lion King. I'll send you an email. Thank you so much for the suggestion!!! The children are super exited and already think you are the best person ever! We all know that you are, but kind of fun that the children think so too because they get to see the show, all thanks to you :lol: :appl:

Marcy, I really want to visit you too and eat all your cookies.. !! I like cookies... :angel: Today I kept thinking about what you said about asking questions and the hard part is not answering them whilst people are thinking on their response :lol: It is so annoying!! Just say something already would you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmianne, how is farm life this week? I hope the farm is treating you nicely, you sure deserve it the way you always look after it !! And hugs to Issy from my little four legged girl :)

June, i guess selling the house will be a challenge emotionally, but hopefully easy in practice. When we sell something, like my grandmother’s house, I kept trying to think that it would be no good to have an empty house just standing there to rot.. Believe me. We have tried that route also with my great grandmother's house. Finally had to have the fire department burn it down a few years ago. Totally stupid :lol:

Rainwood, so happy you had a good weekend! And that you are a lawyer in favour of human rights and fairness and and and and - you know what I mean :bigsmile:

Ciao!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

A quick hello, and hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Scandi- I heard on the bbc that we are all supposed to be on the lookout for birds from Scandinavia, large groups of which have apparently fled unusually cold temperatures. I trust they're finding the UK slightly more temperate :lol:

Good for all the lawyers speaking up and thinking about the groups whose rights are being denied. My husband's firm is mobilised on the pro bono front, helping with some of the larger lawsuits and deploying lawyers to the airports to try to assist.

And, finally, WHERE IS ELLE??? We need Elle...

Have a great day (night) depending where in the time zones you fall.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

June, I hope the process of selling your mom’s house goes smoothly. I tried to approach that task in small pieces so it didn’t seem so overwhelming. If there had been a local company or service that takes care of cleaning out the house I think I would have gone that way. I see them advertised now but not 3 years ago. They do an estate sale and then remove whatever is left. After the family took what they wanted I had Habitat for Humanity come by to take what they wanted and then I had the rest of the stuff hauled off to the dump.

I am glad to hear your DD is enjoying her special ed teaching position. That is awesome. I hope your DS the answers to those few things he is struggling with; but I am glad he is doing okay.

I think one the charm bracelet has more charms it won’t seem so clunky; the charms are chunky so they are heavy enough they all fall to the bottom of the bracelet.

Rainwood, ssh I won’t say it but glad the reverse thingy worked out well for the Island. Glad you had a relaxing time and caught up on magazines. Do you have Elle back yet?

Missy, glad to hear you slept a little bit better.

Good idea to make sure Greg wins at some of the card games so he keeps playing cards with you. Marty hates to play Cribbage with me because I am so lucky at it.

I think they are playing MTM one day a week on Sundance. That channel plays MASH on Monday morning so I listen to them at work. I noticed on one of the episodes I watched this weekend Helen Hunt was Murray’s daughter. Probably in her mid-teens.

I will look up the Interview. I might rent another movie today.

LOL at Greg makes a good wife. It was very busy this weekend. Marty doesn’t do chores or pick things up and I’ve got to the point where I won’t do it for him. As he finds clothes that are too big he has stacked them up on his dresser or on the shelf in the closet. I’ve thought of either folding them, hanging them up or throwing them out but decided he made that mess; I’m not going to pick it up. My half of the closet is neat and tidy.

Scandi, ugh to long meetings at work. My mind really tends to wander during those or I stare at my rings a lot. My friend at lunch said the same thing about her DD; she is becoming such a little lady. Does your DD enjoy ballet? My friend’s daughter switched to gymnastics.

How exciting you and your family will get to see Lion King. You’ll have a fabulous time.

Come on by for some cookies. I have some thawing out right now for my afternoon snack.

I’ll tell you not breaking that silence with an employee is hard. I have gotten better with it but it still gets to me.

That is too bad you had to have your great grandmother’s house burned down. I found going through my parent’s stuff kind of bittersweet. At first it’s creepy going through their things. Then some things you find are pretty cool or bring back nice memories and about the 6th weekend of going through things I got less sentimental and more let’s get this done. The last weekend before I was having Habitat for Humanity come I remember one of my nephews starts thing he wants this and this and I told him we aren’t here for shopping this weekend it is cleaning out and packing up. I was a mean successor trustee.

Hi Jaaron!

I slept in about 20 minutes today. The luxury of a day off.

I met a friend for lunch then got gas – Marty ran that baby right down to fumes yesterday.

I just had a chat with Marty about his training plans and how much he wants to spend on chasing these plans. I feel way better now. He was looking at buying a place today and I’m like freaking out.

Okay I’m off to eat my cookies and drink my 8 oz of Coke.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell you all of our new stuff has that "smart" technology and I can run everything without instructions from our satellite TV remote. Our last system was bought about 4 years ago and if Marty had the Blu Ray player on or was using Apple TV for music I never could remember how to get back to the TV. All I have to do now is hit the power button and everything detects what is "on". As long as our satellite receiver is on it goes to the TV. Woo hoo!!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys

I wanted to quickly check in and say hello.

Thank you so much for your congratulations and support in making my doctor's appointments rainwood june and marcy (hope I didn't miss anyone!) I had really been slacking and it was time.

rainwood that ring is absolutely gorgeous. And that kitten with the pink hat. OMG.

I went to the gastroenterologist and he thinks I have IBS. He ordered me to do a blood test and gave me some peppermint oil pills to take.

missy while I was waiting for the Dr. I read in a magazine that a stool analysis and a CT scan of the colon can be an alternative to colonoscopy. I'm thinking perhaps the colonoscopy is still the preferred method but if you think you'll put that off indefinitely this may be an alternative.

callie how is your mom doing?

marcy I am so craving cookies right now but only had a few lemon flavored left. I'm so glad DH took the other ones with him because I'd be devouring them right now. I'll make a tea and see if the feeling passes. :/

On another note, a very sad and kind of scary note...we just found out that a friend's child (I believe late 20s) killed himself. I am worried about DH because DH hadn't talked to the kid in a long time. DH as a it is takes a lot of things onto his shoulders. And he has already started expressing feelings of guilt and mentioning how it's been so long since he talked to him. I want to help DH deal with the guilt in a healthy way before the guilt progresses but I don't know where to start. I did some reading online but so far nothing I've found mentions not talking to someone you "should" have been talking to. And I don't want to say things like "try not to feel guilty" I'm sure that's hardly helpful. :(

Anyway this just happened like 30 minutes ago so I'll cut the post short for now. Everything feels kind of...weird.

Of course hello to all the NIRDI's (scandi so funny those set of blurry pictures of your furbaby!)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, dear NIRDIs!

CJ, I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with a health issue. I hope the doc is wrong and everything is OK and gets better on its own.
Ugh about anything medical! I can't bring myself to get a colonoscopy [did have an ileoscopy years ago], and plan to get the scan eventually. For now I do the yearly occult blood test.
I know I should be smarter than that. My aunt refused tests and it was her demise. : (

June, all the best with selling your Mom's house. It's quite a chore, but somehow plodding through the details suddenly brings you the sale and then relief that it's accomplished. It's like having a second career, isn't it.

Rainwood, I'm with Missy. Elle most definitely needs her own page.

I've been glued to the news since Friday. I know it's not healthy but it's hard to stop watching the train wreck.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, glad you are well. I have been thinking of you.

CJ, hi there. I also am glad you took care of your appointments. Now hopefully you won't be like me and cancel them lol. Thanks for the colon health info. I had Cologuard and that might hold me for a while I hope. It's a DNA eval of my poop. :lol:

I am sorry you might have IBS but take heart in that it is pretty common and you can manage it. I hope if you have it it's a mild form and that you can easily minimize the symptoms. (((HUGS))).

I am so sorry about your dh's friend's child. That is awful honey.

Scandi, I am also super excited and cannot wait! I know our dhs will get along very well.

Marcy, yay for smart technology. When it works I am in heaven and when it doesn't I am not happy. Here's hoping all our technology continues working for our good!

Hi Jaaron, good for your dh's firm being on the pro bono front! I hope your week is going smoothly. It's afternoon by you already and for me I am just waking up. I am fascinated by time zones but when I was traveling jet lag always took me out of commission for many many days.

Rainwood I hope by your absence it means you are having so much fun with Elle you just cannot take your eyes away from her to share her here. I completely understand. :!: :bigsmile:

My dh is going to be home very soon as he went to the beach house very early this AM to fill the feral feeders and water supply. And he is working from home the rest of the day. I must cancel my boyfriend's visit today. :devil: :lol: JK! :cheeky:

Have a good day girls and try not to turn on the news. I must remember my own advice. What's going on in the USA is making me sick and I am having trouble not being in a terrible mood right now. Every day a dark cloud is over us and I am having trouble processing what is happening. :blackeye:

Wishing everyone joy and happiness and peace amidst the storm that is happening. Hoping somehow everything will be OK.
(((HUGS))).

sunnyfieldcalvinandhobbes.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, glad you had a relaxing weekend, playing cards sounds like a fun thing to do on a cold winter's day - and yes, Greg winning occasionally will motivate him to want to keep playing, so good thinking on that! Lol to him being a good wife! I love the MTM show too. Even as a kid I liked that even though she was sometimes insecure and unsure of herself, she still stood up for herself and was strong when she had to be even though it wasn't easy for her. As I shy child I noticed and admired that. Heck, I admire it as an adult too lol.

CJ, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. Interesting about the peppermint pills - I've been having some gastrointestinal issues this past week and looked online and peppermint tea was recommended, I'm going to pick some up today.

I am so very sorry about your friends' son, that is just awful and my heart goes out to everyone. I hope your dh is handling it ok and not being hard on himself. Sometimes people don't share that they're in distress with others so there's a chance even family members didn't know how much he was suffering. Your dh had no way of knowing and I hope he's not feeling guilty.

Rainwood, I'm glad things went smoothly on the island and you had a relaxing weekend. Yes, I agree, quiet weekends are nice lol. I'm thinking you must have Elle back by now, I hope she's back on your finger in all her glory! Wouldn't mind a few more pics if you get a chance :halo:

Marcy, the idea of hiring a company to deal with everything is very tempting right now lol. My mother's house is over an hour away so I guess I'm not looking forward to the trips I'm going to have to make to handle all of this. Just feels kind of overwhelming right now but I like your idea of breaking the task into smaller pieces. It's great that the new technology has made operating everything so simple, makes life much easier for sure.

Jimmianne, thanks for the good wishes - yes, settling an estate is like having a second job, and one I really don't want lol. How has the weather been for you? I hope it hasn't been too cold and icy. I need to get a colonoscopy too, it's really hard getting motivated to do that. :knockout:

Scandi, how great you got tickets for the Lion King, it will be so much fun and your kids will love it. Oh no to having to burn your great-grandmother's house down, although I can see how it could happen :cheeky:

Hi jaaron!

Not much going on here, going to do a few errands and some paperwork I've been putting off - have a good day all and I'll ttyl!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stopping in real quick to say hi :wavey:

June I'm so glad the peppermint recommendation might also work for you! Wish we could do this more. One of us goes to the doctor and if we have similar symptoms we all try whatever he or she said. ::) We'll save time AND money! Keep me updated (I only took one of the pills yesterday not 2 like I was supposed to. :/

missyI'm not worried about the IBS seems pretty mild to me.

And I did all the canceling of the appointments last time, remember? So I've got you beat, or we're tied. :D

jimmyanne thanks I feel pretty lucky that's all it is. So many people going through some really rough stuff health wise. So a little bloating I can deal with.

One positive thing that came out of this that I forgot to tell you is that the Dr. was the nicest most personable kind and patient Doctor I've met in YEARS. So that was so nice.

And thanks all for your concern re: DH and the situation with his friend. I can't even imagine what the parents must be feeling. :(sad

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

CJ, yeah for making your doctor’s appointments. I hope they get things figured out and get you feeling better. That helps you liked your doctor. I am so sorry to hear that your friend’s son killed himself. How awful and heartbreaking.

Jimmianne, are you still loving your asscher?

Missy, I get very easily agitated when technology doesn’t work for me. Marty often says if it’s electronics I can break it. Glad you had a nice relaxing day at home today. Did you end up with much snow? Too funny about your boyfriend. When Marty used to leave weekend drill early he’d call and leave me a message he was on his way home so my boyfriend better be gone before he got home. Such comedians.

June, like Jimmianne said cleaning out your mom’s house and selling it is a full-time job. I made lists and set timelines. I started with my sisters to see what they wanted. Luckily there wasn’t anything they both wanted. After they picked their stuff, I let their kids pick things and then we started trying to sell things or give them away. I hired a place to haul away things at the end then brought in a cleaning crew. I was amazingly lucky; we had the place cleaned out and sold within 4 months. My dad was a mechanic by trade and he had a huge garage at his house full of tools, parts, nuts, bolts, screws and decades of “I might need this someday”. My sister and BIL took most of his tools but one of his buddies offered to take everything from his garage. He and his kids worked for probably a week clearing that garage out but if he hadn’t done that for me I bet it would have cost me a few thousand more to have that garage cleaned out. When we were just getting the house ready to put on the market our realtor had a guy come to him looking for a house with a large garage. Score! Are you enjoying Fleur?

I had a very busy day at work. I spent my morning catching up for missing yesterday then tried to get my work done this afternoon. I worked through lunch and still left 40 pages on my desk that I didn’t get through.

Our company continues to offer us surprises. Today we found out we are going back to our old company. We split off in to 2 companies 9 years ago and today they said we are going back to the other company. Who knows what that means for jobs, location and the future.

Marty made BBQ ribs in the crock pot for supper. They were so good. I have one rib left for supper tomorrow too. Sweet.

I bought some more of the John Frieda go blonde shampoo again. I was using it years ago when I was getting perms and quit because I worried how it would react with a perm. Now that I don’t get perms I thought I’d give it another try. This summer I swear I am going to dry my hair out in the sun on the weekends.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all!

Missy, Greg IS a really good wife!! My DH used to do a lot of the house stuff as well (but no cooking other than making his own breakfast and lunch). One of the adjustments after he died was coming down to the kitchen in the morning and the dishwasher wasn't unloaded anymore. Made me tear up just thinking about it (but then it's been that kind of week). And I understand about feeling terrible. I've been trying to stay upbeat and find the silver lining in this complete clusterf%$k of a thunderstorm, but I'm finding it hard to see anything but clouds right now. I am heartsick that so many people in this country, including those terrible excuses for humanity surrounding #45, don't care about anyone other than themselves. It's shameful.

Jimmianne, I understand not being able to turn away from the train wreck that is DC these days. I've finally had to take time-outs and go do things that give me joy (Joy!) so I don't completely burn out in a fury. It's going to be a long haul and we can't afford to flame out in the first few weeks.

Junie, your mom's house will be a process, but I learned if there's someone you can hire to do any portion of it, do it! If any of your siblings have a problem with that, let them know they're free to do it instead if they want. My sister wasn't an issue that way, but sometimes the people who are most adamant are the ones who don't have to do any of the work. Put up or shut up should always be the motto.

Scandi, how is it in the rational, reasonable part of the world?

CJ, I'm so sorry about your friend's child. I wish I had words of wisdom to comfort your DH, but I'm not sure what to say. He wouldn't have been able to change the outcome and at some point, he's going to have to realize that. And bummer on the IBS. But you're right. It's not the worst thing to have. I thought I had IBS for awhile, but later sort of focused on what I'd eaten to make me feel rotten and it turns out I'm lactose-intolerant now. I didn't used to be, but now I am. So, if you haven't done a food journal or tracked what you ate before you felt unwell, you might want to see if lactose might be the culprit. Made all the difference for me. I can still eat low-lactose dairy like aged cheese and butter, and use lactose-free milk and yogurt so I don't feel deprived except for ice cream. That remains a no-no!

Marcy, sorry about the uncertainty created by the two companies combining again. That can be nerve-wracking.

Kristie, looking forward to your return.

Jaaron, hope all is well in London. Can we all come and live with you for the next few years? I promise to walk the flat coats and make my bed.

And now for what people want to know, yes Elle is in the building (does that make her Elle-vis?) The ring fits much better now although I've noticed that the white gold is really more of a chameleon. It looked like yellow gold in indoor lighting last night, it looked like rose gold when I had it out in daylight today and a champagne gold when I looked at it inside. That would be fine except yellow gold doesn't look good on me and I don't like rose gold because I have an aversion to pink. The setting only looks silvery in very limited situations, but Adam assures me it's white gold and will rhodium plate it if I want. I think I won't because I don't want to risk sending it back and forth again. Both times FedEx has delivered the ring, they didn't require a signature and didn't even ring the doorbell! Yesterday, I found it when I went out to get the mail. Plus the color change just reinforces that it's a temporary setting. I really prefer the greater heft of platinum and it always stays the same color! I'll wear it this way for awhile then probably go see Erica at LAD to get a permanent setting.

I can't believe I forgot to tell you one of the main reasons I called her Elle! It's French for 'she' and the ring came on the day of the women's march. I decided it wasn't a coincidence. Plus I can say 'Elle est belle' now, just like in my junior high French class. Last night I was putting out all the bins because Tuesday is collection day (yes, I lead such a glamorous life!), and the sun had gone down, but the sky was a dark blue. I walked out and Elle caught the light from the outdoor garage lights and the dark blue of the sky and glowed like an amethyst. It was so cool. And I think my favorite is where she goes all white and just gives off little soft flashes in very low light. But you're probably gonna drum me out of the NIRDI's when I tell you I got it right before I went walking with a friend yesterday, and I didn't bring it up or show it to her or even have my left hand out so she could see it. I'm not sure why because she would have loved it, but I just didn't. It seemed wrong. The country's going to hell, but look at my pretty ring or something like that. And I can't seem to take any good photos. The few I took yesterday that were in focus looked just like the ones I've already posted. Seriously, I don't know how people do it.

And thanks for the requests to start a thread on Elle, but I'm going to be honest. I don't want to, at least not right now. This is such a difficult time with so much at stake that the timing seems wrong. Plus, all the political threads on Hangout have kind of put me off PS. PS has always been an escape for me, and it doesn't feel that way anymore. To even find the NIRDI thread I have to wend my way through all these others, many of them ripped from Faux News headlines, and all of them involve arguments going back and forth between posters who have no hope of ever changing anyone's mind. I feel like I'm sitting at the Thanksgiving table with a bunch of relatives who keep having the same arguments over and over. All I want to do is to sit at the table and have some turkey and a nice glass of wine. And if we ever say anything about having the politicos go sit at their own table, we get called special little snowflakes or delicate little flowers (and that's usually by the people on the same side politically). It's just put me off. I have other places I go to find out what's going on and what we need to do to actually help instead of endless arguments with right-wingers. I've set my computers so they take me directly to RT and I often don't even come to Hangout. And my earlier photos have been viewed 325 times so that's plenty for me. I do have a few videos though (one by Adam of the stone by itself and one by me) so if you weren't on the e-mail when I sent the first photos on and want to see the videos, let Missy know and she can get me your e-mail address so I can include you. And if I ever get some killer photos, you'll be the first to see them.

So there's my pre-apocalyptic Debbie Downer rant. I'll feel better tomorrow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Junie, honey, I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and hope taking everything in more manageable small steps helps and I like Rainwood's suggestion of hiring help wherever you can to help with the estate. (((Hugs))).

Marcy, I am sorry yesterday was a difficult day for more than one reason and I hope everything stays OK for you at work with the change/merge. Not fun these scary uncertain times. Thanks for the movie recs. We watched an Italiam movie called Spring and it was OK but watched another movie that evening Anesthesia that I liked even more but the ending was ambiguous (to me) and I hate ambiguous endings. Perhaps because it feels too much like real life if you kwim and I also feel the director/writer is lazy when the ending is not definite. I want my damn happy Hollywood ending darn it especially nowadays!

Do you remember the Sun In stuff in the 70s that would enable your blonde hair to go blonder in the sun? I was always jealous of all my blonde haired friends cause I couldn't do anything like that. LOL. What I wouldn't give to get rid of the gray now and just go back to my pretty brunette/auburn hair color from the old days. Time marches on. Enjoy your John Frieda shampoo.

Rainwood, I get where you are coming from and how you are feeling and I have been down for a while now but trying to overcome it. I remember your 3 day (was it 3 days or more I keep forgetting) rule but there doesn't seem to be any relief in sight. I don't want to inject too much political stuff here because as you said the NIRDI thread is our happy and safe place but OMG. The latest elected officials scare me. :cry:

I am very depressed about where our country is heading and keep thinking how is this happening? How is this legal? It feels like this shouldn't be able to be happening. What can we do that will really make a difference?

And honey, I am so sorry for everything. How much you are missing your dh. How hard it all is. Made me tear up too reading your dishwasher story. ((((HUGS)))).

As for Elle I am glad she is back with you and yes platinum is the way to go. This way you get to take your time and think about exactly what you want to do and don't have to rush into any decisions while you get to wear and enjoy her. And thank you for the backstory on Elle. Let me know if it's OK because I can post a video of beautiful Elle here without breaking any rules as it is from Adam's site.

Personally I think injecting happy bling anywhere we can on PS is A-OK to distract us from what is happening in the world. It is OK to take joy where we can while the world is in chaos. My perspective.

CJ, glad your doctor is so patient and wonderful. He's a keeper!

Scandi, hi there. I hope work went well yesterday and I also hope by the time you visit it won't be as scary here but I am worried and hoping somehow it will be OK. Please share some happy news with us if possible. You always cheer us up.

Off to work today and I am not sure if I shared with you that the key liaison person in charge of the new organization that took us over in the "merge" just resigned and is leaving us end of February. Goody more changes. The other clinician texted me yay and I texted back not yay. She was a known entity and this new person could be much worse. Haha I am always thinking. Which can work against me I know. :roll: My colleague texted me back uh oh you're right. Sigh.

Have a good day girls. :wavey:

lifeisunfair.jpg

lifeisunfairpart2.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm hoping your day go to better and your patients showed up for their appointment this afternoon. Honey, please know you are not alone in how you have been feeling lately. There are quite a few of us feeling the same way. It also doesn't help when life throws you everyday problems on top of all that is happening in the world. Chocolate brownies have helped my mood the past few weeks. They have done nothing for my waistline. I keep telling myself that it's okay because I will not be able to eat after my dental surgery which is really crazy as I know I will be eating ice cream afterward. And I wonder why nothing fits!

Rainwood, Elle sounds like a perfect name for your new beauty. Please, please enjoy your ring. If you have a friend that would enjoy her beauty, please share and show her off. I'm being serious. I would love nothing more than for one of my friends to have something fun like a new ring to show me. I feel pretty much the way you described in your post. I thought a good part of it was due to two family members being hospitalized last month but I am beginning to think the state of our country is also much of the problem. The ignore button is a wonderful feature on Pricescope, don't you think? On a happier note it was heartwarming to see all the lawyers who dropped everything Saturday evening to help those stuck at the airport. The city I live near had a large turnout to help as well as many, many protestors. It at least gives me hope. I have also been limiting my phone calls from family members who view things quite differently. I found this has also helped. It saddens me because it's these same people who will be negatively affected by Trump and they fail to realize this.

June, Something you may want to look into are services who will come in and clear out everything you do not want in your moms home. We used this when my MIL died and it made everything so much easier. The were in and out in an afternoon. The whole family got together and decided what we all wanted to keep and once we took everything that was wanted this service came in and took everything else away. We also listed her home lower than others in the neighborhood for a quick sale. No one wanted to have to worry about pipes freezing in the winter and having to check on the house through out the week. The house sold in a matter of days. So sorry you are having all of this to deal with. I understand your frustration.

Scandi, I love the pictures of your baby! Don't feel bad about how your pictures turn out. Everytime mine sees the camera she comes running up to me. Every video I have of her is a white blur. I hope you stay warm the next few days. Do your children mind the cold weather?

Jimmianne, Yes it certainly is a trainwreck, isn't it. I feel like I'm in a reality show that I can :loopy: not turn off!

CJ, I hope you are feeling better and am glad you have a great doctor, I am also sad to hear about what your husband is going thru.

Jaaron, I have so loved reading your threads in the political posts. I was teasing my husband last week about taking an expat job in London. He had a meeting last week with quite a few people from London. They all seem to think our country has lost its mind. He had to keep reminding them that almost 3 million more people voted against this idiot. Thta said it doesn't make him feel any better because we are still stuck with him.

Marcy, Is Marty still considering becoming a trainer?

Kristie, I can't wait for you to come back here.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, that’s nice that Elle is back in the house. That is kind of crazy you didn’t have to sign for it. I am glad you found it on your porch when you did. WF always sends my stuff to the local FedEx office and I have to go there with ID to pick it up. I hate to see you see color in the WG band but since it’s not your permanent setting I would probably not send it back either. It sounds like Elle performs great in different lighting; I am sure you’ll love her.

Missy, I do remember Sun In. They had Summer Blonde then too and I used that quite a bit in the winter. My hair gets pretty blonde in the summer if I get out in the sun. The blonde shampoo and conditioner have a funny smell but I am sure I’ll get used to it. I’ll use it for a few weeks and see what happens. Sorry to hear you’ll have changes at work. I hope the new liaison person turns out to be wonderful. Love the Calvin and Hobbes comics.

Callie, brownies are so small; they can’t be that bad for you, right? Good luck with your dental surgery. I ate pudding and instant mashed potatoes for quite a while after having a tooth pulled. How is your mother doing? Marty remains quite serious about becoming a trainer. He is studying a huge anatomy book these days.

We had a little snow and lots of frost last night. The trees were very pretty today. We are expecting more snow tonight and freezing fog. Tomorrow morning should be slick. Phooey!

I had another busy day at work and only wanted to beat my head on my desk 3 times. I only uttered a curse word a few times.

I think I have all my tax documents; I should go figure our damages but it sounds like way too much work tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results