shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, It sounds like you had a fun day yesterday and who doesn't love presents when you aren't expecting them! The glasses looked great on you. Francesca definitely looks like she needs more diamonds. I'm think she needs a collar like Mellie had, don't you? My niece called and asked where you buy the pink hats that were wornn at the March. She wants one for her and her daughter but thought it would be very hard to find one for a toddler. I sent her the picture with kitten wearing one. All the girls she works with were LOL. Everyone loves a kitten pic.

Scandi, The pictures with your furbaby had me LOL. Don't feel bad, my dog also doesn't cooperate very well when I try to take pictures of her. She always seems to think that is perfect time to give kisses. Sorry the dinner party didn't turn out the way you were hoping.

Rainwood. Welcome back. I'm glad you survived Friday. I was thinking of you. Not a fun day, was it! We went out to dinner with friends that night and I immediately ordered a glass of wine, which I do not do often. My husband whispered in my ear only 3 years and 364 days to go. Your project made me very happy.

Marcy, Did you tell Marty's friends that there is a unwritten rule that he gets to win all the money if the game is held at your home. How rude that they left without giving Marty extra money to give you for BLING. Call tomorrow about your earrings. Don't they know your group of friends have no patience, especially when it comes to new bling.

Jaaron, I hope you were able to leave work at a decent time. How many children do you have? I'm so glad you decided to join in here.

Hi Jimmianne, Kristie and Junie!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I will have to spell out NIRDI’s in gems.

Scandi, your furbaby likes to keep busy. She is so cute. Sorry you dinner party was boring.

Missy, glad to hear you have a lot of bling in your photos too. I noticed my SD card for our digital frame has a lot of jewelry pictures. I remember my MIL getting a strange look on her face when those pictures started to scroll by. We can always use more bling! My sister does deserve a harrumph from HRH. She always has something she gets on her high horse about. I hope the winds weren’t too bad there. The ferals will be snuggling up around their shelter. Yeah for 2 kitties being adopted. How nice the animal rescue lady let you know. Love your new sunglasses. How nice of Tom to bring you a present.

Jaaron, I hope you got your project finished. I’d be glad to teach you about telescopes.

Callie, that is cute your furbaby likes to give kisses when you try to get a picture. Just posing for you! You gave me a great idea; as the guys come in for poker I will tell them there is a cover charge payable to me. I can always try. I have no patience for my earrings either. I keep wearing my yellow sapphire ring and it’s just teasing me.

I had a nice day at work. 3 of my employees called in sick. It was so peaceful. I did some of their work which I always find enjoyable; it is way more fun than my work.

It started to snow on my way home tonight. Winter is back. We aren’t expecting much snow but it will be cold the rest of the week.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is a picture we took of Comet Hale Bopp

halebopp.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all!

Missy, I'm glad you and Tom had a good time and free sunglasses are a lovely surprise! They look good on you. And Greg is as handsome as ever. And I love that photo of HRH with Bea on her head. She looks regally unimpressed.

Scandi, those photos of your fur baby give us a much better sense of her personality than if she'd sat still and posed. And the fact that she isn't interested in treats unless she's tired blows me away. My Lab loved to fetch and run around, but food was ALWAYS her top priority. Sorry there's no snow, but it looks like you two still had a good time.

Callie, I hear you on the wine. I went to a friend's house for dinner and did the same. We were all drowning our sorrows a bit. And thanks for the compliment on my project.

Marcy, at least your sister told you how NOT to contact her! Whenever anyone I enjoy talking to calsl me on my landline, I always tell them I never answer that phone. It's strictly for telephone solicitors and other annoying callers.

Sorry to be so brief, but I expended most of my PS energy on a topic I started today. I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't know if it will make any difference, but I wanted to try.

And now on to the news I was supposed to post yesterday. As some of you already know, I am now a member of the OEC club thanks to Missy, Jimmianne and especially Adam at OWD. I love it!!!! Missy and Jimmianne scouted it for me, Missy gave it the thumbs up, and I pulled the trigger. After dithering for a year and thinking an AVC then an AVR then an OEC, I finally did it. And here it is:

She doesn't have a name yet, but she's a 4.02 L SI1, and I couldn't be more pleased. She faces up really white and I love the flower petals and she has this glow in indirect light that shows how these cuts were made for candlelight. And perfect for me since I live in one of the overcast capitals of the world. I was a little nervous going with an L, but I could probably go even lower if I ever OEC'd again.

Adam was a delight to work with and I don't say that lightly. He gave me a great price, including a setting, then searched for a setting that might work for me and when we couldn't find something I wanted, he had a setting made for me, no additional charge!! And he's followed up several times to make sure I was happy.

Here are a few shots of the setting and you'll see why I'm currently calling it 'The Jewel in the Crown.'

And a slightly better shot:

The ring is minimalist, which is my style, and I had no idea what it would look like but he did really well because it turns out I'm kind of picky. He must have known I'm a klutz because the stone is set low!! I'm not sure it's the forever setting, but I like it and you never know. It is a little small so it's hard to get off (Kristie gave me the Windex tip which worked yesterday) and I was planning to have it sized locally, but Adam offered to do it and pay for shipping both ways!! I really couldn't be happier that I worked with him. And thanks, Missy, for giving me the nudge. I'm so glad you did!!

fullsizerender_34.jpg

img_2558__1_.jpg

fullsizerender_35.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood! That looks fantastic!!! Congratulations !!! :love: :love: :love: :love:
More pictures, please :appl:

Missy, our shopping will have some problems beating that one, lol :naughty:

No time, I have been reading too many newspapers this morning... hold on to your hats, girls...

Missy, I will try to book tickets later today!! Will let you know!

Marcy, I read somewhere that there will be a red nova visible to the naked eye in 2022 - ?

Jimmianne, :wavey: to you and to Issy :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, I'm so happy for you!! She is a beauty and I know you will get years of enjoyment from her. :love: :love: :love:
Wear in good health and please, many more photos in all sorts of light. Please! : )

edited to include the words "gorgeous", "wonderful facet pattern" and "perfect setting". : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!!!

Rainwood, all I can say is WOW. And I am so glad you found your experience with Adam as amazing as the rest of us girls who have already had the pleasure of working with him. He is a super nice guy on top of having the best selection of old cuts anywhere. And your OEC is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. A true jewel in a crown. :love: :love: :love: And it couldn't be for a nicer more wonderful considerate dear smart woman. So happy you love it and are happy with it and may you wear for many decades to come in health and happiness. (((Hugs))).

And in the show of PS spirit I hope you will start a thread on it...for the good of Pricescope of course. :cheeky: :appl:

Jaaron, I hope your work project is coming along smoothly and so glad you stopped by to say hey. Sending you smooth work dust and lots of good thoughts. :appl:

Marcy, how cool is that pic you took of the Comet Hale Bopp. Wow. And yay for 3 employees not bothering you yesterday lol. Their mental health day gave you a mental health day didn't it lol. (As long as they are OK I mean. Not wanting anyone to be sick!). Glad your day went well yesterday. Yes I hate that high horse too that so many people seem to enjoy riding. :nono: But as HRH Francesca always says to those people Harumph and it seems to do the trick. ;))

The Nor'easter winds at the shore were pretty bad and at least a roof or two got blown off not too far from us. I hope no one was hurt and I hope all the ferals are safe and OK. I don't know anything yet regarding them but have asked Greg to check the cameras. I cannot bear to do that. Fingers crossed everyone including fur babies remained safe during the storms yesterday.

Scandi, no worries. I will do my best to equal that experience for you I promise!

Jimmianne, I'm with you re gorgeous", "wonderful facet pattern" and "perfect setting". YES YES and YES. :appl:
See good things happen when we get together... :bigsmile:

Callie, yes a diamond choker like Mellie had...do you think she will be at the next jewelry show we attend? I sure hope so! I am already looking forward to your next visit haha can you tell? Where else can we see fur babies and diamonds all together in the same venue LOL. Our definition of heaven to be sure. :love: And I will buy your grandniece a pink pussy hat!

FYI storm link:
http://patch.com/new-jersey/longbranch/noreaster-damage-jersey-shore-roof-blows-condo-complex-beaches-battered-video

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/down-the-shore/item/100743-tidal-flooding-higher-in-some-locations-compared-to-yesterday?utm_source=down-the-shore&utm_medium=social&utm_content=test&utm_campaign=social-inbound

Have a good day girls! :wavey:

screen_shot_2017-01-24_at_90723_am-1485262963-9563.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe Missy, no swimming for you today please...

Oh, and OMG that fancy yellow OEC in Show me the bling - I WANT ONE TOOOOOOO :-o

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, love the pics of Bea and Francesca! :love: They are both looking very beautiful these days lol! Yes, ultimately it comes down to what my brother wants to do. Thanks for the supportive words, they help! And great pics of you, Greg, and Tom, it's really nice you were able to get together with such an old and dear friend, must have been fun. The glasses look great on you!

That is such wonderful news about the 2 kitties being adopted! You are definitely making a difference and doing a lot to help kitties Missy! :appl: I am keeping the ferals in my thoughts, I'm betting they have found some nooks and crannies to keep out of this weather.

Very cool pics of the beach! This weather is particularly lousy and I can't wait until it passes - I think tomorrow is supposed to be better.

CJ, good for you for scheduling your appointments, I need to follow your example and do the same, I've been putting off a few doctors' visits for a long time :oops: I hope you're getting some more sleep, I have nights like that too. So good to hear from you and I hope you're doing well!

Jaaron, lol to being too familiar with the NJ Turnpike - Yes, I've put my time in on that highway too! I'm glad you're enjoying some sunny weather and I hope it lasts for a while.

Rainwood, I absolutely adore your new ring!!! :love: :love: :love: Oh my gosh what a gorgeous diamond! :appl: So bright and lively, and big!!! :naughty: I really love the setting and it certainly would be an amazing permanent setting. I'm so glad Adam is resizing it. It will be hard to part with it but it will be so nice to have it fit properly. Wow, it is just a joy to look at and looks sooo at home on your hand, congratulations! You made an excellent choice and I am so excited and happy for you. Looking forward to more pics!!!

I love the name Fleur for my cluster ring! Yes, Philadelphia is a great city with a lot to offer. Too funny about your driver (although I guess it wasn't that funny at the time! :o ) I admit I'm not too fond of driving in the city, I'm just not used to city driving and it seems like everyone else is ha. I guess I would be more comfortable if I drove there more often but I guess I'm just not that adventurous these days. Thanks for the encouraging words about the estate, I'll just keep plugging along.

Marcy, thanks for the good wishes about settling all the issues that are going on right now with me. I can't believe your employee wrote what they did, in trying to defend themselves they basically admitted the PA was correct. Wow, your astronomy pictures are amazing! Glad to hear you had a nice time with your sister and bil, and that she didn't lecture you too much lol. i hope you hear something about your earrings soon, and I don't think it will hurt to just look at a few pear diamonds :halo: :D I laughed at Marty's comment about the jewelry pics, he would say the same thing if he saw my pictures! :oops:

Scandi, lol to your very active doggie! She looks like she's having a great time. And I agree with you about the yellow OEC, it's gorgeeous!

Hope you're all having a good Tuesday, I'll check in soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, your new ring looks fabulous and your OEC is gorgeous! I can see why you love it and I am delighted Adam turned out to be great to work with on this. I am excited for you. I chuckled at what you tell people about calling you on your landline. When my sister was informing me never to text her or email her because she doesn't communicate that way I really wanted to tell her I don't like to talk on the phone. I don't mind phone calls but I swear she'd keep me on the phone for an hour if I told her my house was on fire.

Scandi, scientists are predicting a nova in 2022 from a star system that exchanges matter back and forth. That will be cool if they are accurate.

Jimmianne, you and Missy confirmed Rainwood's OEC was a beauty.

Missy, there's are quite a few people out at work from the flu. I had 4 people here today. It's a good time because we are slow for another day or two. I do think a harumph to my sister would get her attention. Oh well, I just keep telling myself she is my sister and I'll play nice with her. It's not worth my effort to fight her. I hate to hear about the storm damage and yes definitely I hope no one was hurt. We are quite familiar with wind damage here; it can be awful. Wow to those storm pictures.

June, Fleur is a great name for your cluster ring! I am not a fan of driving in a big city either. It makes me nervous! I was amused my employee's comment proved my point. I've come to expect at least one lecture from my sister everytime I talk to her. She used to really pick fights with my mom; now she doesn't have anyone to pick on. My other sister will hang up on her and I just ignore her when she goes on about something. I plan on looking at pear diamonds on Saturday. What can it hurt? I am glad to hear you have lots of jewelry pictures too.

The reason I dug out some astronomy photos is they make great backgrounds for power point presentations at our meetings. Why use something from online when I have some decenet pictures. All my astronomy photos are the old fashioned kind; taken on film. I haven't tried digital photography of the cosmos yet.

We had enough snow to make it icy this morning and had freezing fog. It never warmed up today so it's probably still icy for the trip home. It will be below freezing until sometime Friday.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These days trying to find the NIRDI post is like picking my way through a field full of chuckholes. I keep telling myself "If it's good for Pricescope . . . ." Yikes.

Missy, that weather looks crazy!! My fingers are crossed that everything is still in one piece. And I hope work goes smoothly for you on Wednesday.

Scandi, you wouldn't believe how many photos I had to take just to get those three of my ring. I am the worst at taking photos and I marvel at how well other people manage to showcase their rings. I'm lucky if it's in focus even I don't have any excuses like with your fast-moving fur baby. And if you're coming to NYC to shop for OEC's with Missy, I'm confident you will find something stunning. Soon we'll all be members of the OEC club!!

Jimmianne, thanks for being a scout for me. You and Missy did a great job. And I hear you on not wanting to go new car shopping. Buying my Outback was the first time I'd ever bought a car on my own. It was not nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be and I got what I wanted at a good price. One of the things I did was go to truecar.com (at least I think that's what it was) and they tell you the average price people in your area were paying for your specific make, model and options. It helps you to know if what you're thinking of spending or the price they're offering is reasonable. There are lots of Subarus here so they know they can sell them and don't discount much, but I did do better than the average price and I was fine with that.

Junie, I'm glad you like the name Fleur. I think it fits her quite well. And the estate and dealing with your mom's house will take whatever time they take. As always, hang in there and let Fleur sparkle for you if you're feeling stressed.

Marcy, it's too bad that talking with one of your sisters isn't much fun. My sister and I weren't close growing up because we were a little too far apart in age and she moved to Canada when I was 18 so we didn't get to spend much time together as adults. After our mom died, we started talking by phone every Sunday night and we always talk for more than an hour, but I don't think it's the one-sided conversation you two seem to have! We look forward to it and always have lots to say.

As for me, my OEC is on its way back to NYC for a resize. It was so wonderful of Adam to offer. I was just planning to do it here. And I think I might have come up with a name. I wanted it to be one syllable to go with Bea and Joy and Fleur, I think of my stone as a she so wanted a female name, wanted it to be French in a nod to my French-born grandmother who might have appreciated it, and came up with one that meets those criteria and i kind of something fashionable and even its color so I think I'm going to call her Elle. I may change my mind, but that's what I'm thinking. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Legally Blonde because I have nothing in common with Elle Woods except we both went to law school and became lawyers. And I do not do the 'bend and snap'!!

Have a good Wednesday.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

Rainwood, now that would be something with the "bend and snap"... especially in court if you go there.. LOL

I'm so so far behind! Electrician this "morning" took forever and it was definitively not morning anymore when he left. So no I have no idea how to get through this day keeping my nose over water (as we say here, "do you have your nose over water?", the answer would be - no! :lol: )

And later today, we are called at an "extraordinary parent meeting" in the preschool where our youngest attend. Whilst I always complain that meetings are too ordinary (read boring) - I'm not sure I'm a fan of extraordinary ones... I worry that they are going to close it down. And I really need it to stay open until the summer holiday.... :think:

Hope you are all well! And I hope I was ahead of both Missy and Jimmianne this morning! I'm childish and that is probably going to be my only win today LOL.

Ciao!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, love the name Fleur for your delicious cluster ring. Our weather is warming up today to 49 degrees woohoo. Hope you are enjoying this early and short lived taste of spring today. I love Philadelphia too. A city rich in history. Greg and I were thinking of a day trip there this winter if there is a mild weekend day one weekend this winter. Our favorite estate jewelers is closed for a month due to the Miami antique show so no bling shopping IRL for me for a while. Darn. :wink2:

Marcy, I'm sorry the flu is taking down your work staff and I hope you remain flu free. The only time I had the flu as an adult sucked big time (Spring 2005) and I hope none of us go through the flu again. :errrr:
Your astronomy pics are terrific and a wonderful backdrop for a power point.

Scandi, I am sorry you had to go to the extraordinary preschool meeting this morning and I hope they don't close the school. Hope the electrician did what he needed to do despite taking a long time. I never mind when they take the time if they do the job right the first time if you kwim. And no matter what order you take when posting you are always a winner in my book. All you girls are!

Rainwood, I love the name Elle and full disclosure I loved Elle Wood. But I will not confuse your Elle with Reese Witherspoon's Elle. What I liked was her sassiness and her fierce determination to prove everyone wrong and just how she did that and went on to become a powerful attorney. So yay for strong beautiful women and strong beautiful diamonds. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am not feeling well today because I literally slept 2 hours. Another awful night but I am not dwelling on that and getting ready for work. I will sleep better tonight hopefully. My mind just wouldn't quit last night. Kept thinking about people I am missing who are gone. But sweet Francesca snuggled with me all night and put up with my fidgeting so she deserves a medal because that couldn't have been fun for her. I hope everyone is sleeping sweetly right now and has a good Wednesday. :wavey:

Oh and we got our new glasses yesterday delivered right to us and we love them. I have to say Warby Parker rocks at least for us. Where else can you get glasses and frames for $95 (Greg) and $125 (my pair a bit more costly due to needing high index lenses). I went with black frames this time and I love them. Greg went with subtle grey and they look terrific on him.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stormy weather. I have a feeling that Bette Davis quote is going to come in handy.
Let's all fasten our seat belts girls. ::)

img_14673.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully there will be the calm after the storm and the sun will rise again. Photo from just now as I'm working out. Not bad for taking a photo while working out right and on 2 hours sleep. :snore:

And woohoo the Ferals seem ok. They're not all accounted for yet but it's hard to figure out who's who when
it's dark. But so far so good and they made it through the storm. And we can and will too!

img_14675.jpg

img_14681.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDIs
I'm having a fit when I should be sleeping.
I sold a beautiful old Taxco oval hinged bracelet on eBay because it was too large for me.
The person who bought it just wrote to say that it is damaged and is oval instead of round.
The listing photo clearly showed that it's an oval bracelet.

So I wrote back and said that while researching for additional photos for her as proof that these bracelets are oval, I discovered that it is actually worth around $400, not the $125 she paid, so please send it back. evil me :saint:
Do you think she will send it back?

I don't think I'm going to be very good at this eBay stuff. LOL seriously

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, I noticed that too – the NIRDI thread has dropped way down the list. I am glad you and your sister are close now and enjoy a weekly chat. That makes is nice for both of you. I like Elle; it is an elegant name. LOL to the bend and snap. That is so nice of Adam to pay for shipping Elle back and forth. I hope you get it back on your finger soon.

Scandi, I’ve heard keeping your head above water; I like nose better though. Darn that you spent most of you morning waiting for the electrician to be finished. How was the parent meeting? LOL to trying to be the first to post. Now I am going to have to stay up past midnight sometime to beat you.

Missy, you are having a heat wave there! It was 18 when I came home today; 4 degrees warmer than yesterday. I was ready to throw off my coat! Good deal you’ve been flu free for over a decade. I generally don’t get sick except for colds. My boss’s other team has 3 employees; today one called in sick, one went home sick at lunch and one had an appointment and left at 3. I tried to tell him I was sick and had an appointment. He told me to go back to work. I must not have been convincing. I am so sorry you are missing your loved ones; it is so hard. I think sometimes we just have to let ourselves get sad; we can’t help it. There is no time limit for grieving. I am glad Francesca snuggled with you all night; that probably helped. Big hugs to you! Your new glasses sound great and what a deal on how much they cost. Great stormy weather photo. The sunrise is so colorful and nice to see one of the soda gang doing okay.

I spent my day at work dealing with problems, scheduling stuff for the first week of February, finally got to my work after lunch and then I found a problem for tomorrow about 10 minutes before me left. I was pretty irritated; my employee found this problem for tomorrow at 3:30 and didn’t tell me or the person who sent schedule there was a problem. Another example of how she just doesn’t know what she is doing. Tomorrow morning I’ll approach her with “help me understand what you did …”

I’ve been looking at pear diamonds online. I think I want colorless since I know pears show color more than a round. I’d love a diamond with strong blue fluorescent but I’d rather do that for a RHR. I should go with either WF or the place in Denver because they have great upgrade policies. WF has cheaper diamond prices but mountings are higher. The place in Denver allows me to see and touch the diamonds. I can trade in something there to help make this more affordable. I upgraded my EC diamond 4 times before I found my “keeper”.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to delete my post about the bracelet, but I can't. [I'm not sure the post made much sense].
The bottom line was that someone accused me of knowingly sending them damaged goods. She said it needed repairs, but I knew that when I sent it. And the fact that the bracelet was in excellent condition and she got a good deal makes the accusation even more upsetting.
all so petty, but I guess it's the little things that get to us sometimes.

goodnight! see you all in the morning on a happier note.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm new to this thread, and have been trying to catch up on what happened to Missy's leg. I hope all is okay.

I also wanted to say, Rainwood, that diamond is gorgeous.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1485404961|4119975 said:
I also wanted to say, Rainwood, that diamond is gorgeous.

Thanks, preg! I feel very, very lucky.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so sorry you're not sleeping. That can be so hard. I've had that problem occasionally and it's distressing. I have a few thoughts and will e-mail you on Thursday. And I hope work was okay. You don't need aggravation when you're sleep deprived. And I may have a few other things in common with Elle Woods. I am quite stubborn, I don't like people telling me what to do, and I love dogs. But I'm not fond of chihuahuas, am very much NOT a girly girl, and I hate the color pink.

Jimmianne, I've only sold a few things on eBay and that was quite awhile ago and I decided it was not for me. There's just so much risk of getting a bad buyer and you can't do feedback on buyers anymore so it's even more of a problem. I went to Taxco once for a day because I've been a big silver collector for awhile and have tons of bracelets I don't wear, many of them from eBay. I always wear 2 simple ones that are actually American. And I have a couple of vintage Tiffany ones I love. At least I think I still have them. I hid them when I went to Europe and I haven't been able to remember where I put them!

I also posted on your car thread about my two Subarus with manual transmission. I have some thoughts on options/safety if you decide to go with Subaru and you think it would be helpful. My Outback is a 2016.

Scandi, I'm sorry you're so busy at work. And waiting around for workmen to come or finish seems to be an international phenomenon! Hope construction is going okay.

Marcy, people seem to be dropping like flies everywhere. It's just a terrible cold and flu season. I'm trying to be so careful when I go out and make sure I have a bottle of hand sanitizer at all times. I also recite "Don't touch your face" over and over again. All of my diamonds except Elle have either medium or strong blue fluorescence. I love the blues.

And everyone, thanks for your kind words on Elle. She is lovely and I will be getting her back either Thursday or Friday. Not much else to report as it was an uneventful day. I do want to pass on one thing I found humorous. I'm not the biggest fan of our governor (though I've voted for him twice) and he's not the most articulate or grammatical man on the planet, but he really nailed it today. When asked about Trump's wall, he said "If the wall is the same size and the same numerical acumen that the President had on his numbers of folks who went to his inauguration, it will be an 8-inch high wall so we might be okay." Way to go, Gov!!

I'm watching a NOVA program on the salvage of the cruise ship that hit the reef and tipped on its side in Italy a few years ago. Fascinating, and it explains why getting it upright and raised took almost 2 years. An engineering problem of epic proportions. My DH, who was an engineer, would have loved it.

Have a good Thursday!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, can't wait for your properly sized Elle to be back on your finger. :!:

I slept much better last night. I guess exhaustion is a good sleeping aid lol. Work is looking promising right now at least regarding previous records. It seems most of them from the past 2 years have successfully been transferred. And LOL they were so happy to show me and it made me happy because they really were concerned I was going to leave and I didn't think they cared. But I am cautiously optimistic because there have been changes occurring with the new admin regarding booking and so far everyone (with the exception of my clinic and I am not a fool to think my clinic won't be affected) has been double booked as of recently. Yesterday was crazy busy with double bookings for everyone but me and I had already been warned months ago they were going to be double booking everyone due to No Shows. So I am thrilled the prior EHR records from the last 2 years have been transferred but I am still taking it one day at a time. I feel very lucky I can make the decision either way and be OK and I know not everyone has that luxury so I am grateful and it takes most of the stress away knowing if I have to I can leave. And right now I am staying so woohoo! Fingers crossed things remain good because I do love working with my guys and gals!

The Nova program you are watching about the ship wreck sounds fascinating. Will see if I can find it. Definitely something Greg would love too. LOL on your governor. Wise words indeed.

Looking forward to your email today Rainwood.

Pregcurious! Hi and welcome! LOL don't torture yourself with the beginning of the thread unless you find it interesting. I am sure it is boring to the point of tears and I do remember those beginning days with clarity I wish I could forget. They were filled with endless pain but the support of PSers helped me through those dark days for sure. I owe so much to PS and these girls specifically for always being there for me and I love the close knit friendships we have made through such a terrible experience. Good from bad.
And just so you're not in suspense my leg is OK. Apart from being filled with metal that is LOL. Thanks for asking!

I hope you stay and post and share with us. :wavey:

Marcy, stay healthy. I am sorry your workday yesterday was filled with problems. But that does make the day go faster sometimes so hope it did that for you. I love pear diamonds but only the chunky antique variety. And I agree with you about the color. Grace had an amazing chunky pear but now it disappeared and she doesn't remember it. Oh well I am sure it was out of my price range. It was a 5 carat. 8) I like them big what can I say? :bigsmile:

Jimmianne, (((HUGS))) and don't worry. I get your message and I agree. Selling on ebay is challenging and not worth it. Many years ago Greg sold our Miata on ebay LOL. It went very smoothly but basically he gave it away. It was a sweet car but we never drove it anymore because I started finding the ride uncomfortable re the motion and started getting car sick and prefer a heavier smoother ride. It was so pretty though and he did give it away. Oh well. I digress. Sorry. Hope your bracelet is returned to you safely. Grrrr to that person who is trying to take advantage of you. :nono:

Scandi, hope work is going OK.

Have a good day today girls!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls :wavey:

I'm OK, just really bissssssssiiiiii LOL Please read that out loud so you sound like a bee.. :lol:

Jimmianne, hope you get it back!!

Marcy, please tell me a good work story so my work feels better, lol. Hope you are OK too.

Missy, I miss you. LOL but true.

Rainwood, that diamond of yours makes me get one - or two - of my own even more.

Today - or tonight actually - it is the plumber. These meetings are just meetings. Planning the work on the "new" house. So nothing is getting done, which makes it even more frustrating.

Back to work. Grrrr...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, hugs. Miss you too honey. But good for you taking care of what must be done. :appl:

Please girls check this album out from 1972. It was my fave album when I was young. I just listened to it on TIDAL this morning and not sure you can find the album anywhere else to listen to it but if you can please take the time. It's worth it. The message rings loud and clear and we are not that far sadly from where we were in 1972 but we have made progress though we still have far to go.

What an awesome album and it was a great trip down memory lane for me and I hope you will listen to it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_to_Be..._You_and_Me

img_14695.jpg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi NIRDIs.

Surfacing for air today.

Marcy- I love the name spelled out in gems. I particularly like the fact that it's been done on a paper towel. Like eating caviar off of paper plates... And re your sister, well, sometimes it's nice to have the rules of social interaction spelled out for you, so you're not blindly fumbling your way through the dark, lying awake all night, thinking, hmmm... cell phone, landline, email, OH, GOD! I just can't decide! :lol: I hope you avoid the flu. Oh, and pears make an awfully nice pendant... just saying. Drive safely in the ice.

Scandi- Your dog photos cracked me up. My kids who are away at college require a texted dog photo every day, but the only way I can get a decent one that isn't a series of blurs is to take them while they're curled up at home or sleeping. Anyone looking through my phone would think they barely leave the house. We've started taking the old man to hydrotherapy once a week as I think he's starting to feel a bit stiff in the hips. We've done it three times now, and he seems to really like it. The first time, I was slightly confounded by the fact that he balked at a nice clean, warm hydrotherapy pool when he routinely swims in anything from a big muddy puddle to a frozen lake. I also had to laugh at the treat thing- we have one who will do, literally, anything, anywhere for food--including (mortifyingly) helping himself from other people's picnics, and one who refuses to accept a treat if we're outside because she's so obsessed with whatever running/retrieving might happen. Hope work is good busy rather than crazy-making busy, and the pre-school meeting wasn't too awful.

Callie- Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope your mom is doing better.

Rainwood- I'm sorry but I really couldn't read the rest of your post after that picture of Elle. She's GORGEOUS! I can't wait for you to get her back from Adam so she can have her own thread. Re colour - I have to say, I never thought I would like a lower colour diamond, but I love, love, love my M OEC-- it's my absolute favourite diamond I've ever owned. Although starting to look a little small at 2.25. Might have to remedy that... In the meantime, if you find yourself back in the UK, I will be very happy to babysit Elle. And LOL at your governor. At this point, I think you have to take humour where you can find it.

Missy- I hope all the ferals have been accounted for by now. So nice to hear that two kitties have been adopted. Glad to hear you escaped storm damage. My husband was in NY for meetings on Monday and was worried about being able to fly out on Tuesday, but luckily all went smoothly. Glad to hear you got some sleep. Have you ever tried Melatonin? I sometimes find a tiny dose (half of a 1 mg pill) does the trick. Probably all in my head, but it works, so I'm not looking too closely. :lol: Glad to hear there's been some good work news. And that Marlo Thomas album! I haven't thought of it in years, but I loved it. And she was so cool. I remember being very jealous of the way her hair flicked up so perfectly on the ends in That Girl re-runs. I'm so sad about Mary Tyler Moore. She really paved the way for so much in terms of the way women were portrayed on television. I remember begging to stay up for that show. If we were really lucky, we could watch Newhart, too, but always had to go to bed before Carol Burnett. Parents.

Pregcurious- (My computer keeps trying to change your name to Precarious). Another newbie. Hi!

Junebug- I like Fleur. And depending on how you change your intonation, it can sound, sexy, mysterious, foreign, intimidating, serious, exotic, mischievous...

Jimianne- I've bought on Ebay many times, although have moved over to First Dibs more in recent years, but have never sold. That sounds annoying. I'm guessing you'll never hear from her again.

OK, off to do a bit more work. I'm self-employed/freelance, so when it gets like this, I really only have myself to blame. To make matters worse, in addition to a big project that I'm trying to finish a bit early to give the next person in the chain a bit of extra time, I took on a volunteer thing that's suddenly become urgent as they're applying for a grant and are worried the funding is about to dry up. Guess why. :angryfire:

Oh, and Missy- your good example prodded me to get up and run 10k yesterday. On a treadmill, since it was too cold outside, but still. And this morning was yoga, which I do with three friends, and we rotate between houses. This morning the teacher asked if we were planning to stop chatting and do yoga at any point, so not sure it counted. :lol: Going to try to run again tomorrow.

Heard a fairly depressing statistic yesterday- that the UK, with its socialised health care system, has a life expectancy two years higher than the US. And the UK isn't even the best among the European socialised care countries.

If anyone needs a laugh, the Bad Lip Reading video of the inauguration really is hilarious.

Have a great day everyone.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaron, I empathized when you said your kids need a texted photo every day.
When my DD texts "How are things there?" I know she means "is my cat OK?"
We should ask them if they want a texted photo of their Mom. haha

Marcy, Your collection is impressive - I have enough to write "J". A very small J. I think your photo would make a great poster. How about solar systems depictions in gems? or flowers?? I would help, but you have all the materials over there!

Callie, hi. How is your Mom doing today?

Missy, I'm glad you had a good night's sleep. So important and often so hard to accomplish.

Scandi, hi. I hope your project isn't driving you crazy. It will be so great when it's done - so well worth the hassle, but not always fun in process.

June, I know you must be working on things there and with your brother not wanting to live in the house things are open ended.
Let's think Spring for closure on duties and projects. Winter always - to me - seems a bit sloggish with regard to projects.

My DD has been in France since Sunday and is doing well. My young friends are away for a workshop, so it's quiet here until next week. I have kitty and dog sitting duties. Yes, I'm the old Alaskan grannie left on an ice floe to fend for myself. LOL
"Feeling lazy", but today is knit & chat group in town, so I'll go and work on a panel of my afghan for my new house. I finished a panel last fall, and it's in France decorating a chair, so I'm now working on a 2nd section.
Exciting times here : )
xo

omg, Rainwood..how could I forget the best NIRDI news?! Elle! yes! I know we will all be happy when she is back on your finger.
AND we have more photos.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, how aggravating about the bracelet. I hope she sends it back to you and you can sell it for more money. Ha! Too funny about your daughter inquires how are things there? She misses her kitty. Fabulous idea to try and make some things out of my gems. A flower might not be too difficult for a non-artistic person like me. I need to get my knitting out; I love to knit. Thanks for the reminder. Glad to hear your DD made it to France okay.

Hi Pregcurious!

Rainwood, I do quote Elle Woods occasionally; I am amused by the line “what, like it’s hard?” I bet about 1/3 of just my floor is sick at work. I told my boss I was going to call in well and I want to stay that way! I was telling myself the same thing at work today – don’t touch my face. Hopefully we’ll avoid the bug. Glad to hear Elle will be back to you soon.

Missy, your day sounds better. You got some sleep and they are trying to make you happy at work. That is great they copied over the last 2 years of patient records. I bet Grace’s chunky pear was awesome; it seems like you sent me a picture. 5 carats is huge to me; lucky for my pocket book I don’t like jewelry that large. It’s gorgeous I just don’t like it on me.

Scandi, I did read you busy out loud and got a strange look from Marty. That was worth it! Sorry to hear work is so hectic for you. I feel your pain. I did talk to my employee this morning about not getting with someone about that problem. Marty tells me to just keep asking questions; it worked well with her ending us saying sorry I screwed up, I will pay more attention.

Jaaron, I have lost several gemstones so I always put them on paper towels; they aren’t slick and gems are easy to see on them. Too funny about lying awake at night wondering the best way to communicate with my sister. I should send her a text and ask her is she is home so I can call her. It might take weeks for her to get back to me. I know she texts her daughters. Loved hearing about “the old man”. He sounds busy and loves treats.

Had another busy day at work. I didn’t take anything for lunch since I was going to meet a friend today but she had to cancel so it was easy Mac and a few Doritos. Marty made breakfast for supper.

It warmed up to almost 20 degrees today but at least the sun was out.

Marty is watching some stupid zombie movie. I guess it is better than a vampire movie.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, how cool your diamonds are mostly fluorescent. We saw a very strong blue in Denver once and it looked distinctly bluish white. It was very cool! My EC is a medium blue. Such a fun phenomenon.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya all! Just wanted to check in quickly -

Missy, I'm so glad you were able to catch up on your sleep. And great news about the records! It's really sweet that people were excited to tell you about it, it really does show that they care and want you to stay. It's good to hear that the ferals seem to be doing ok in this weather. I think about them a lot. Your picture of the sunrise is really pretty.

Rainwood, I think the name Elle is perfect for your beautiful diamond! I'm so glad you're getting her back fairly soon. Yes, gazing at sparkly things can be a great stress reliever lol. It's nice that you and your sister have gotten closer. I remember when that cruise ship tipped over and it must be fascinating to watch all that is involved with raising it.

Marcy, I hope you stay healthy, and safe and warm too! Wyoming winters are not for wimps, that's for sure lol. I'm glad the conversation with your employee ended up going ok. Diamond shopping in Denver sounds like fun, and it's a big help to be able to see the diamonds in person.

Jaaron, good for you for excercising. I need to follow your lead and get on that treadmill more often. I watched Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart as a kid also. Even as I child I recognized Mary's independence and strength in that show and it made an impression on me. I loved her cute apartment too lol.

Jimmianne, sorry about all frustration with the bracelet, how annoying of this woman. I agree that it is very hard to get motivated during these winter months. I'm so glad your dd is doing well and I hope she enjoys her time in France.

Scandi, I hope work isn't stressing you out too much and hopefully you can find some time to relax this weekend. Sorry to hear that the preschool might close, I'm hoping that doesn't happen!

Calliecake, thinking of you and I hope your family is doing well.

Hi Precurious!

It's pretty late here so I should call it a night - take care everyone!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

Today it really is morning, so I'm confident to beat both Missy and Jimmianne as the opening act today! Can you tell I'm a competitive type of person?? :lol:

Jaaron, I love to hear about your dogs! The one that is too busy when outside sounds like my girl. The golden I had when growing up was more like your other one, lol. The golden would do anything for a piece of dry fish. Or a car ride. If she was wandering too far, all you had to do was shake the key chain hard, and she would come running to avoid missing anything fun! My English setter girl on the other hand... Only thing she truly loves is running and searching for birds. And cuddling of course, but only inside. If you try to pet her outside, you can clearly see that she is uncomfortable, trying to look around you and avoid your hand, as it interferes with her sniffing the air for birds :lol: :lol:

Missy, I'm so so happy to read that you got your records!! That is really great!! I'm not surprised that they are eager to keep you! But still - wasn't sure about those records! Thank you for kitty pictures, brightens any day :) And that might be called for, I'm reading too many newspapers online. And the views are breath taking!

Rainwood, are you getting Elle back today? Perhaps she will convince you to try on something pink to keep her company, LOL just kidding. I actually like pink. But I *really* do not like Chihuahuas, so no worries there. Really can't see the point of a dog that you carry....

June, hope you are OK and not stressing about the estate. The preschool is closing. But luckily (fingers crossed!!) not before my DS is finished there! So we're good :halo: How are your children doing?

Jimmianne, you really should send your DD pictures of yourself every day! That would be so hilarious!! :lol: "Picture of mommy curled up with hot chocolate before the fireplace" "Picture of mommy admiring Joy" Picture of mommy running after a yarn ball" :lol: Sorry :lol: Glad she is happy!!

Marcy, Marty might be on to something there! So nice that it worked!! It really is the best when people realise on their own instead of having to repeat something hoping for brainwashing to set in any time soon.. :shock: :lol: :lol: And today IS FRIDAY :appl: Any fun plans for the weekend?

Ciao!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jaaron, I am glad your dh was able to fly in and out of NYC without too much of a hassle. The weather this time of year can be unpredictable and glad it worked out for him with his meetings!

I am glad you were motivated by my routine and you go girl! Much of the time I am not in the mood for getting started but I just force myself and it gets easier as I am doing it. But getting started can suck. Just keep on going and we are with you in spirit! Wish we all lived closer and we could do a morning NIRDI workout routine. In the meantime we are cheering each other on in spirit. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I agree with you about MTM and how her show paved the way for so many others. And OMG I loved Newhart too. Brings back nice memories. I still TIVO all those old shows. MTM, Newhart, Rhoda, etc. If it's on a channel we get it is currently being TIVOd. The real question is do we get to watch it and not so much. But I have been watching MTM every night in bed right before I fall asleep. LOVE that show.

Re Melatonin, thanks for the rec and I have researched it but it seems so much of that is tainted and there is an ongoing problem with quality control of that supplement. I hesitate to try it. Kristie gave me a subscription last year to a website that researches vitamins, supplements etc and I have to find the info again but I did check that out and decided against trying it.

Thanks for sharing the trip down memory lane with me and also for commenting on the Marlo Thomas album. The message so clear and so true and still we are fighting for so many of the same things still today. Gotta keep fighting and striving and keep up the strength and spirit. Mary wouldn't give up and neither will we! :!:

How's work going? Are you getting through it all? I hope things are calming down and that you have some fun plans for the weekend. Though HRH just heard me talking about the weekend and she asked us "What's a weekend?" :lol: Ahhhh to be so innocent and untouched by life and its harsh realities. :halo:

Jimmianne, hope your power is restored! (((Hugs))) and please let us know you are OK.

Rainwood, hoping Elle is back with you and on your finger very soon. :appl:

Marcy, sorry you skipped lunch yesterday and that your friend had to cancel and that work was busy and people are out sick but yay for breakfast for dinner and even bigger yay for it being Friday! Woohoo! Not a fan of zombie or vampire movies but we watched a few Black Mirror episodes yesterday and rewatched the White Bear episode from season 2. I like that one very much. Haunting. AN eye for an eye. It really wouldn't be a better society if we did that though sometimes in my head I romanticize that notion and want to punish the bad guys in a painful way. I can be dark. :blackeye: :lol:

Junie, good morning! I loved MTM's apartment too. Open living plan ahead of its time. She always was a step ahead.
Hope all is well. Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

Scandi, how is the rest of your week shaping up? How are the builders doing? Accomplishing a lot I hope so you can soon be in your new home. Yes I was surprised too re work. But again I am being cautiously optimistic because they are flooding us with patients and I start making mistakes when we are too busy. I cannot let that happen. This week was a bit crazy for me and every single patient showed yesterday. I gulped down my lunch in 5 minutes because I had to eat or I would have passed out. Not ideal. But time will tell.

What are your weekend plans?

There are new kittens feeding at the feeding station. Sigh. Greg got some video of a mother and 2 kittens inside the feeding station eating for a while last night. They are getting big. One step forward and many steps back. Just keep on doing the best we can but so many ferals no matter what we do. Poor sweet babies. :((

Have a good day girls! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results