shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pleased for you and the progress you are making! The only bad thing about feeling better is that then you get bored! Hope the next couple of weeks until the next doctor's appointment go quickly for you. He might put you in a lighter cast that would make getting around easier for you. I'm not a real 'sitter' either so I can just imagine how difficult it must be to be confined. Aside from all of that though you're healing a bit every day so each day is one day closer to your release - lol! Too bad we're all not closer and could pop in for visits to help you pass the time.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Missy, just wanted to say although I haven't posted, I am thinking of you and hope things continue to progress positively for you. (((hug)))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, glad your feeling better!.. :wavey: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1405290920|3712687 said:
Missy, I am glad your ex-roommate made it home okay even with all the hassles changing gates and delays. I bet she feels better at home and having time to relax. I am glad you had a nice time playing cards with the family. We like to play cribbage, hearts and Texas Hold ‘Em. It is a fun way to pass the time. Do you have a tablet? I play hearts, scrabble, solitaire, cribbage, words with friends and Angry Birds on my iPad. It’s my reader too. I hope your pain is getting less severe and that you are sleeping okay. Take care!

Hi Marcy, thank you. I wish my parents and sister and nieces could come over every day LOL. I see the advantage of living close to your loved ones now more than ever and wish everyone lived closer. Now you probably won't get me to admit that when I am feeling better haha.

I don't have a tablet believe it or not but my dh wants to get me a full size iPad (he has an iPad mini) so I can read my books on it. And the thought of playing games on the iPad sounds appealing. I am technologically challenged and didn't even know you could play games on the iPad. But right now I am reading my books on my mac air (my kindle broke right around the time I broke my leg-how's that for coincidence) and that's working out fine.

I don't see the need to spend the money on an iPad (though I would love one) if my macbook air does it all though my dh prefers the iPad for me because it is lighter. I don't need to worry about that while I am not working yanno? If (and that's a big if) I get the opportunity to return to my job at the non profit maybe I would spend the money because I think the iPad is great but for now I am happy with the mac air.

I have heard about Angry birds but never saw it in action but it sounds like fun! I am going to do a search and see what I can find. Also do not know what cribbage is so going to look that up as well. Thank you for your recommendations Marcy! Anything engaging that helps me pass the time and get my mind off my confinement is very much appreciated!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405291086|3712690 said:
Hi Missy, I've been reading thru the posts and it's seems you're feeling a little better. Thank goodness the nausea is getting better. Tell your husband he had better not get used to beating you at cards and scrabble! I believe there is also an online scrabble game. Do you have things you can do during the week to keep you occupied while Greg works?

Does Suse really have to come back for a doctors visit in two weeks? How awful that she would have to take another plane trip so soon.

I'll try to check into Pricescope tomorrow during the day to see how your doing.

Hi Callie! LOL I already told my dh he better not get used to beating me at cards and scrabble. :cheeky:
I tried figuring out online games yesterday after TooPatient's recommendation but for some reason my skills are not cooperating in getting it to work online. But today is another day and I will try it later after I finish the book I am reading - "Me Before You" . I am enjoying it despite it being a somewhat tragic novel and I am hoping the ending won't be devastating but I fear the worse. My mom recommended it as she knows my penchant for tragic novels LOL. I guess I can be a bit morbid at times. I also love very sad songs. Give me a Billie Holiday or Chet Baker song any day. I am always in the mood for their music.

Yes, Suse is coming back July 22nd for a follow up. She has no choice. One of the reasons she chose HSS and her doctor is that he is one of the very few performing this surgery anywhere in the world. Fingers crossed she has an uneventful and easy trip this time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1405297014|3712718 said:
So pleased for you and the progress you are making! The only bad thing about feeling better is that then you get bored! Hope the next couple of weeks until the next doctor's appointment go quickly for you. He might put you in a lighter cast that would make getting around easier for you. I'm not a real 'sitter' either so I can just imagine how difficult it must be to be confined. Aside from all of that though you're healing a bit every day so each day is one day closer to your release - lol! Too bad we're all not closer and could pop in for visits to help you pass the time.

Thank you MissGotRocks! I would love to be in a lighter and less hot cast so fingers crossed that happens. I am feeling somewhat claustrophobic with this thing on me. I cannot explain it well but sometimes I feel very trapped and I am not going to let that feeling get the better of me. I am keeping aware of keeping that claustrophobic feeling away lest it make me anxious or worse.

I wish you guys lived closer too though I am not at my best these days would hate not being able to entertain properly. Though my dh has always been a much better host than I...he makes the cocktails and food anyway so I guess not much of a change haha. Honestly though I am not sure how much I want real company anyway (besides my family and only my very closest friends). It's hard to have people over when I am not feeling strong and not near my best if that makes sense. But I always appreciate when people offer to come and visit because it makes me feel loved.

Thanks for understanding how confining this all is and how I am feeling on this enforced rest. Though I know with each passing day I am healing and hopefully getting stronger and closer to the lifestyle I so badly want back...from one active person to another a very heartfelt thanks for all your empathy and continued good wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hlmr|1405297908|3712725 said:
Missy, just wanted to say although I haven't posted, I am thinking of you and hope things continue to progress positively for you. (((hug)))

Thank you so much for coming by hlmr. I appreciate you thinking of me and your good thoughts and especially your hugs. (((Hugs))) right back at you!

Dancing Fire said:
Missy, glad your feeling better!.. :wavey: :appl:

Thank you so much Dancing Fire! I always am happy when you come by and say hey. Hope all is going smoothly with the wedding planning. :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a great site when I was taking Spanish. They have bunches of games and you can select the level of your language skill so it isn't too frustrating. Everything from crosswords to word searches to battleship and all sorts of other stuff. (hangman, memory, etc!)

They have a HUGE list of topics you can select games from including different languages, spelling, vocabulary, ACT prep, philosophy, science, etc.

Here is a link:
Quia

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't have an iPad, but every once in a while I like to play Four in a Row (Connect Four) on my iPhone. I was good at the real game when I was a kid, and I can still usually beat the phone, which is fun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1405346527|3713002 said:
I found a great site when I was taking Spanish. They have bunches of games and you can select the level of your language skill so it isn't too frustrating. Everything from crosswords to word searches to battleship and all sorts of other stuff. (hangman, memory, etc!)

They have a HUGE list of topics you can select games from including different languages, spelling, vocabulary, ACT prep, philosophy, science, etc.

Here is a link:
Quia

Thanks TooPatient! I'm going to check it out. I did take advanced Spanish literature in college (about a zillion years ago though lol) but am very very rusty. I can do an exam in spanish though so maybe this is a good choice for me.

Tourmaline said:
I don't have an iPad, but every once in a while I like to play Four in a Row (Connect Four) on my iPhone. I was good at the real game when I was a kid, and I can still usually beat the phone, which is fun.

Thanks Tourmaline! I used to play Connect Four in the 70's and enjoyed it. I am going to see if I can figure out how to play it online.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay... I just spent an hour playing with an online periodic table quiz. It keeps track of your scores and how many times you've gotten each element correct.

Not sure how to link to the main periodic table quiz, but you'll easily find it if you do a search for: jetpunk periodic table quiz

Looks like they have lots of other things too but I haven't explored the site yet (I've got cleaning and stuff to do and can't get sucked into another game :blackeye: )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1405364414|3713147 said:
Okay... I just spent an hour playing with an online periodic table quiz. It keeps track of your scores and how many times you've gotten each element correct.

Not sure how to link to the main periodic table quiz, but you'll easily find it if you do a search for: jetpunk periodic table quiz

Looks like they have lots of other things too but I haven't explored the site yet (I've got cleaning and stuff to do and can't get sucked into another game :blackeye: )

Thanks TP. These sites seem great for students who want to have help with their studying. It's amazing how much things have changed since I was in school. There are so many more study aids and ways to get info!
And if you can believe it I am jealous that you are going to be cleaning and doing other stuff lol. What a difference perspective makes! :wink2:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I play Angry Birds on my Kindle FIre, it is fun. But, I have heard that Candy Crush is SUPER FUN.

I also used my Kindle Fire with my Amazon Prime membership to watch tons of free TV shows (binge watched all of Sons of Anarchy) and movies, it'll go anywhere you go, so portable, and if you have a smart TV your Prime membership will be good on that too.

I am glad to read you are doing so well! I thought how well dressed you and Suse were in your in-hospital pic. I looked terrible when I had my fractures. The best I could conjure up with my leg immobilizer was a truly TERRIBLE pair of capri pants that I could roll up past my knee.

Keep the good work happening, you're doing great!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1405373415|3713221 said:
I play Angry Birds on my Kindle FIre, it is fun. But, I have heard that Candy Crush is SUPER FUN.

I also used my Kindle Fire with my Amazon Prime membership to watch tons of free TV shows (binge watched all of Sons of Anarchy) and movies, it'll go anywhere you go, so portable, and if you have a smart TV your Prime membership will be good on that too.

I am glad to read you are doing so well! I thought how well dressed you and Suse were in your in-hospital pic. I looked terrible when I had my fractures. The best I could conjure up with my leg immobilizer was a truly TERRIBLE pair of capri pants that I could roll up past my knee.

Keep the good work happening, you're doing great!

Thanks for the Candy Crush tip. Just the name has me salivating lol.
And thank you for all your encouragement azstonie. You are a doll! And I so appreciate it.

As for the outfits I am finding dresses are my best friend right now. I have lots of beachy dresses that are great for casual wear and that is what I am lounging around in. Way more comfortable in my condition than shorts or capris which as you wrote would not even get past my calf with this contraption on my leg. And dresses are easy to put on take off and look put together without any effort. Luckily I have oodles of dresses. See for once my excessive shopping has paid off haha.

We are Amazon Prime Members so I will check into that as I have never taken advantage of anything besides 2 day free shipping. I am guessing I can play all these games on my mac air and don't need a kindle fire or iPad. I hope so anyway. 8)

The day flew by. A work colleague called and kept me on the phone for an hour and we had a lovely conversation where he said all the right things. He's not the head but he's high up at the clinic and he said I have to take care of myself and heal first yada yada. It helps that he had his own health issues these last few years so he gets what it is like but again he's not the boss and he doesn't make the big decisions. But it was nice he called to support me and he also wants to visit so very nice of him to offer.

My boss still doesn't know the full extent of the time I need to heal and truthfully neither do I. I am hoping after 3 months I can get back to my life but I am remaining cautiously optimistic and taking it as always one day at a time.

A few friends also kept me on the phone for a long time so I barely got to finish my book (it was very good but sad) and cruise PS in between and now my dh is home so woohoo. One week down (since surgery) and 11 or so more to go... :dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, how nice to have someone from work call you and offer you some support. It is nice to keep in touch with people from work. I am glad you are keeping busy. I had a MacAir and really liked it. Now I have a MacBook Pro laptop now. I know you can get Angry Birds from the App store and I bet Candy Crush is in there too. DH likes to go do those exercises on Luminosity. They are kind of fun. I have both the iPad Air and iPad Mini. I use my mini at work and bring it home on weekends. The air is pretty light weight and I use it most of the time at home. I had knees surgeries decades ago and I didn't have any of these fun toys to keep myself busy then. I watched a lot of MTV and worked on knitting or embroidery plus read a lot. My boss had busy work projects delivered for me to do at home so I got in a few hours of work a day and that helped keep me busy. It is very nice to have family close.

Take care and keep getting better and stronger everyday! :wavey:

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Did you finish your book? Was the ending as you expected? It sounds like you had a pretty good day today and had a chance to catch up with some of your friends from work. I wish you wouldn't stress about your job. I really can't imagine your boss not being understanding with all you have been through.

I hope you find things you enjoy to do throughout the day to keep you occupied. From everything I've heard Candy Crush is addicting. That may be a good game to play to pass the time. You could always online shop for more dresses :angel: Okay, I know first hand that can also be addicting. Look at this way.....dresses are less expensive than diamonds! There are also a lot sales going on now. I love the dress you had on in the picture with Suse.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1405391328|3713413 said:
Hi Missy, how nice to have someone from work call you and offer you some support. It is nice to keep in touch with people from work. I am glad you are keeping busy. I had a MacAir and really liked it. Now I have a MacBook Pro laptop now. I know you can get Angry Birds from the App store and I bet Candy Crush is in there too. DH likes to go do those exercises on Luminosity. They are kind of fun. I have both the iPad Air and iPad Mini. I use my mini at work and bring it home on weekends. The air is pretty light weight and I use it most of the time at home. I had knees surgeries decades ago and I didn't have any of these fun toys to keep myself busy then. I watched a lot of MTV and worked on knitting or embroidery plus read a lot. My boss had busy work projects delivered for me to do at home so I got in a few hours of work a day and that helped keep me busy. It is very nice to have family close.

Take care and keep getting better and stronger everyday! :wavey:

Marcy

Hi Marcy, I started playing Candy Crush last night and not really sure of the rules per se but I am enjoying the sights and sounds and can see for that reason alone why it could be addicting lol. It is so pretty! All the colors and shapes and it reminds me of gemstones in a way haha.

So glad your healing from knee surgeries went well and you were able to keep busy! I so wish I could work (doing my job) a few hours from home but alas I have to do my work in person. But that's OK. I know it will all work out. Thank you for your encouragement!

Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, Did you finish your book? Was the ending as you expected? It sounds like you had a pretty good day today and had a chance to catch up with some of your friends from work. I wish you wouldn't stress about your job. I really can't imagine your boss not being understanding with all you have been through.

I hope you find things you enjoy to do throughout the day to keep you occupied. From everything I've heard Candy Crush is addicting. That may be a good game to play to pass the time. You could always online shop for more dresses :angel: Okay, I know first hand that can also be addicting. Look at this way.....dresses are less expensive than diamonds! There are also a lot sales going on now. I love the dress you had on in the picture with Suse.

Good morning Callie. I did finish the book and yes it ended the way I thought it would. Sad but more realistic than the fairy tale ending I would have liked. It's OK if the book has a sad ending but I want real life to have more happy paths and endings. :read:
I have started another of her books now but it is too soon to say if I like it. It's called Last Letter from your Lover. It takes place over 2 time periods and goes back and forth I believe so not sure how I will enjoy that non linear story telling. I will keep you posted.

And yes, Candy Crush is addicting if just for the pretty color and shapes and sounds. I guess I am a visual person. :angel:
I played a few games last night and was the top scorer despite not really understanding the game in full yet. It is fun! :appl:

OMG I better not shop online for anymore things. I bought a few pairs of shoes last week which might have been a mistake not knowing if my foot size would remain the same and well clothes have to wait. I expect I will be gaining some weight sitting here doing nothing for 3 (plus?) months so I don't want to end up with new clothes that I cannot fit into. But thanks for the support. I do enjoy shopping online or IRL. And I suppose I can shop but not purchase though that itself can be challenging and take some self control.

Thanks for the compliment about the red print dress. I have it in 5 other colors. Black and white print, solid black, solid white, solid hot pink and light green and white. I bought them a few weeks before the accident as beach dresses and running errands dresses. They are very casual and never meant to be photographed if you kwim. And never thought I would be wearing them so much. I also have some pretty beach coverups that are dresses that I am wearing as well. Very soft and comfie and easy to move around in. Or not move around in as the case may be. :wink2:

Oh, I miss diamond shopping so much but I cannot justify making any substantial jewelry purchases for a long time and it makes me sad though I know it is not important and I cannot focus on that. But I was saving up for my birthday in August for something special and now I am not even going to bring it up to my dh. It really is not important.

And I know you are telling me not to worry about my job but I promise you I am not unnecessarily worrying (anymore at least). I know my boss and I know it is about the bottom line (money) and he is very uncaring and un-empathetic and cold. These are facts. And I cannot control what he is going to do so I have (somewhat) made peace with this fact. Whatever happens regarding my job and career is something I will just deal with when it happens and you are right. No sense worrying about it at this juncture. I bought myself another week and a few days before I have to call my boss and will deal with what happens as it happens.

I very much appreciate your well wishes and support.

ETA: DH just found a new game for me that he thinks I will love. It's called Pet Rescue. Will explore it and report back with my thoughts. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Pet Rescue game on king.com!!!
https://king.com/#!/play/petrescue

I'm on level 16 and it is entertaining to say the least.Plus the satisfaction of rescuing all those cute animals and the sounds they make when you do. LOL too cute. Not sure who comes up with these games but pure genius. Mind you the age group targeted is most likely 11 or 12 but nonetheless I am enjoying the (almost) mindless entertainment. Thanks to all who turned me onto online games. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, missy! I had fallen behind in reading this thread and when I checked on it, it was no longer about your surgery at all. It was about on-line resources. Next time I log-onto Pricescope I am going to sit down with a notebook and pen and make notes for my daughter's greater edification. I am sure that she can benefit from Spanish sites with crossword puzzles. And I may take a crack at relearning the periodic table. (I am sure she will refuse to. Unlike me, she hated chemistry!)

Do you know the website Duolingo? It is a free website for learning (or relearning) foreign languages. One can "friend" other members and watch their progress. My husband has been doing German there and my daughter has been doing Spanish. He recommended that I do French. There are many people who have three languages (or more) going at once. One's level in each language is posted beside it. So if your user name were "Sandy" you might have a letter for French and its numerical level; Spanish and its numerical level; and German and its numerical number appear next to your name whenever you wrote something. Not all languages are represented, unfortunately, but some of the major ones are. Chinese is, if I recollect correctly.

Hope you continue to do well, missy!

Hugs and love,
Deb
:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1405437297|3713639 said:
Hi, missy! I had fallen behind in reading this thread and when I checked on it, it was no longer about your surgery at all. It was about on-line resources. Next time I log-onto Pricescope I am going to sit down with a notebook and pen and make notes for my daughter's greater edification. I am sure that she can benefit from Spanish sites with crossword puzzles. And I may take a crack at relearning the periodic table. (I am sure she will refuse to. Unlike me, she hated chemistry!)

Do you know the website Duolingo? It is a free website for learning (or relearning) foreign languages. One can "friend" other members and watch their progress. My husband has been doing German there and my daughter has been doing Spanish. He recommended that I do French. There are many people who have three languages (or more) going at once. One's level in each language is posted beside it. So if your user name were "Sandy" you might have a letter for French and its numerical level; Spanish and its numerical level; and German and its numerical number appear next to your name whenever you wrote something. Not all languages are represented, unfortunately, but some of the major ones are. Chinese is, if I recollect correctly.

Hugs and love,
Deb

Hi Deb, yes I agree. I have received some great PS recommendations regarding websites for higher education purposes and I hope your dd can benefit from them!

Thank you for your Duolingo recommendation. I am looking forward to exploring it as I would love to learn another language. I haven't decided on which one yet. I love Italian and French. Both such beautiful languages so most likely one of them though there are many beautiful languages. I would say I would try learning both but I truly hope I am not going to be incapacitated that long. And it takes me longer to learn things these days vs when I was younger so I think I will need the full 3 months to learn the basics of one language. Of course then the fun comes with using it in my country of choice. But :shhh: don't tell my dh yet. :cheeky:

Sending (((hugs))) and love back to you Deb.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy:

Remember I posted about my Ortho surgeon telling me not to use NSAIDs after fracture because it would interfere with bone healing? The most current issue of O Magazine, Dr Oz's column, he has a paragraph saying the same.

(He's a cardiologist not an Ortho physician, but its in the news right now so I took notice and of course thought of my post when you first had your injury.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1405456438|3713885 said:
Hi Missy:

Remember I posted about my Ortho surgeon telling me not to use NSAIDs after fracture because it would interfere with bone healing? The most current issue of O Magazine, Dr Oz's column, he has a paragraph saying the same.

(He's a cardiologist not an Ortho physician, but its in the news right now so I took notice and of course thought of my post when you first had your injury.)

Thanks azstonie. I am not allowed to take NSAIDS anyway because of an esophagitis this past February. I am taking Tylenol with oxycodone right now for the pain. Do you think Tylenol is safe? I am also getting injections in my stomach (the fun never ends) of lovenox to prevent blood clots.

Oh and one last question. I did buy Wobenzyme but I am going to hold off taking it because it says on the instructions not to take if taking anti thrombolytics. I am hoping I will be able to take it once I am off the anti thrombolytics but that might not be for many months. I am interested in your thoughts on this. Thanks!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness!! Jojo Moyes books are SO SAD!! Everytime I read one I end up in bed sobbing in the foetal position. My husband has banned me from reading them before bed because

1. They are unputdownable so I will read until 3am, and
2. He is sick of soggy sheets

But her books are amazing. Glad you are feeling a little better Missy xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1405457788|3713905 said:
Oh goodness!! Jojo Moyes books are SO SAD!! Everytime I read one I end up in bed sobbing in the foetal position. My husband has banned me from reading them before bed because

1. They are unputdownable so I will read until 3am, and
2. He is sick of soggy sheets

But her books are amazing. Glad you are feeling a little better Missy xx

Haha, I love your description of her books misskittycat. Sad books are right up my alley even during more happy times. I'm weird that way. I like reading sad book and listening to sad music. You are welcome to come here and read her books with me anytime. Crying allowed lol. I have plenty of soft tissues. :cheeky:

Which books by her are your favorites?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1405454751|3713855 said:

Hugs and love,
Deb

Hi Deb, yes I agree. I have received some great PS recommendations regarding websites for higher education purposes and I hope your dd can benefit from them!

Thank you for your Duolingo recommendation. I am looking forward to exploring it as I would love to learn another language. I haven't decided on which one yet. I love Italian and French. Both such beautiful languages so most likely one of them though there are many beautiful languages. I would say I would try learning both but I truly hope I am not going to be incapacitated that long. And it takes me longer to learn things these days vs when I was younger so I think I will need the full 3 months to learn the basics of one language. Of course then the fun comes with using it in my country of choice. But :shhh: don't tell my dh yet. :cheeky:

Well...if you are really going to learn the language, why not mix Duolingo with Rosetta Stone? I mean since money is no object, right? ;))

I love both programs. I learn better in the traditional way, the way Duolingo teaches. But Rosetta Stone teaches the way one picks up a language by staying in a foreign country...and it is actually very cool and fun. (I have used Rosetta Stone both for my own learning and for teaching.) I think that using the two together would be awesome.

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1405468851|3714051 said:
missy|1405454751|3713855 said:

Hugs and love,
Deb

Well...if you are really going to learn the language, why not mix Duolingo with Rosetta Stone? I mean since money is no object, right? ;))

I love both programs. I learn better in the traditional way, the way Duolingo teaches. But Rosetta Stone teaches the way one picks up a language by staying in a foreign country...and it is actually very cool and fun. (I have used Rosetta Stone both for my own learning and for teaching.) I think that using the two together would be awesome.

Deb :wavey:

Thanks for the clarification Deb. I think combining them both is a good way to go. As soon as the pain subsides some more so I can concentrate. Right now it is difficult to do anything too complex but I am hopeful that within a short period of time I will be feeling up to it. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy:

Re Wobenzym, its always dose dependent. I don't know if it is an anticoagulant in 'regular doses' but why not wait until you are off the anticoagulant? How long will you be on the Lovenox?

Perhaps when you begin your physical therapy/rehab, if you are off the Lovenox/anticoagulant at that time, you could start up the Wobenzym. Probably be very appropriate with PT/rehab, it'll stop or minimize pain and swelling, and remove debris. I didn't know about Wobenzym until 1 year after my fracture. I was having discomfort and swelling in the knee and leg and really all over because it completely changed how I stood, walked, etc. Wobenzym stopped all of that AND took away all the swelling and debris around my knee. I was giving up hope of seeing 'my' true knee ever again!!

I discovered Wobenzym when I was looking for meds for my DOG!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1405469601|3714063 said:
Hi Missy:

Re Wobenzym, its always dose dependent. I don't know if it is an anticoagulant in 'regular doses' but why not wait until you are off the anticoagulant? How long will you be on the Lovenox?

Perhaps when you begin your physical therapy/rehab, if you are off the Lovenox/anticoagulant at that time, you could start up the Wobenzym. Probably be very appropriate with PT/rehab, it'll stop or minimize pain and swelling, and remove debris. I didn't know about Wobenzym until 1 year after my fracture. I was having discomfort and swelling in the knee and leg and really all over because it completely changed how I stood, walked, etc. Wobenzym stopped all of that AND took away all the swelling and debris around my knee. I was giving up hope of seeing 'my' true knee ever again!!

I discovered Wobenzym when I was looking for meds for my DOG!!!!

Wow, thanks azstonie.
I am supposed to be on enforced rest with no weight bearing for at least 3 months and I think I have to take the Lovenox for as long as I am not moving. :((
I'm trying not to get down but tonight has been difficult. Most nights are difficult. I cannot get comfortable all day and then at night it is just magnified. I feel like I am losing control and I need to be tough and steel myself through. I have no other choice.

I appreciate that info because anything that helps me heal and keep the swelling down for the long run is something that gives me hope. I am not surprised you found it while searching for something to help your dog. Glad you found it and glad your sweet doggie benefited too. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy :wavey:

I am glad you are finding games to play that you enjoy. Those kind of things can be addictive. I am stuck on a level of Angry Birds I'll have to get DH to get me through it.

I hope you have a good evening and sleep well.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Popping in to say I'm thinking of you missy - and sorry you are having a rough night. It's lousy to feel so uncomfortable all the time! and it's true, things seem to hurt and bother us even more at night for some reason - probably less distractions at night. I'm hoping you can somehow get yourself comfortable enough to get some rest. ((((hugs))))) I'll check in tomorrow, hang in there my friend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results