carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1405114182|3711567 said:
Hi, missy!I was away from the computer all day because I was running around and do not have a smart phone. (Imagine that!) I was glad to get back home and see that you had "slept like a log" last night. It sounds as if the pain meds must work if you do take 'em. (I also read that you are trying not to, and if they are causing the nausea, I hope you don't need them often.) Are they the source of the nausea? Can you take Motrin or Tylenol instead? You are right not to want to let the pain build up.

At any rate, you sound good. I hope you keep improving and your pain keeps diminishing!

Love,
Deb

OMG Deb, thank you! That's what I forgot to do. I am supposed to take Tylenol with my pain med to help the effect. :doh: LOL at least the new smilies are coming in handy with my fuzzy brain these days. I suspect the doh smiley and I will become very well acquainted haha.

Just took a Tylenol! Not sure if the pain meds are causing the nausea. When I asked my surgeon the other day he said that was for the pain team to figure out LOL. My sister said that is what these doctors do. Everyone is specialized and each focuses only on their area of expertise. Oh well. In any case I am cutting down on the pain meds as best I can because they do cause other unpleasant side effects and I also don't want to be on them more than I need to be on them. I cannot take NSAIDs or ibuprofen but Tylenol is A-OK. Thank you for the reminder! Big (((hugs))) to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1405114256|3711568 said:
Saw this and thought of you!

Dear Mayk, you are too kind but thank you very much. I feel the same about you. You are a very strong woman and have been through so much and that means a lot to me coming from you. (((Hugs))).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, missy! I can't believe I actually helped you by asking about the Tylenol! You poor baby! Thank you so much for telling me I helped! I am darn sure that the pain meds caused the mausea if no one said anything else did it. They cause nausea in so many people! But I will wait and see what the experts say!

Love you!!!
Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1405115060|3711577 said:
Oh, missy! I can't believe I actually helped you by asking about the Tylenol! You poor baby! Thank you so much for telling me I helped! I am darn sure that the pain meds caused the mausea if no one said anything else did it. They cause nausea in so many people! But I will wait and see what the experts say!

Love you!!!
Deb :wavey:

Dear Deb, you are always such a help to me and in this case a huge help because by not taking the Tylenol the oxycodone wasn't doing the most efficient job it could have been doing. I totally forgot I was supposed to take it.

My dh says I need to write everything down because my brain is not functioning at full capacity and I am just not thinking clearly. Thank you again so very much because I almost feel like the pain has already subsided a bit after I took the Tylenol 20 or so minutes ago. Not sure how fast it works but I feel better! It could also be knowing I have so many people in my corner rooting for me. I feel the warmth and support and that also makes such a big difference. Love you too!!! :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Missy, to say you have been through the ringer doesn't even come close to cutting it. Holy cow. You are in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you were able to get home and especially because you had a great roommate. Sometimes, just that much can make such a difference. So glad you were able to stay the extra day. Fighting the insurance companies is no fun. I bet it feels great to be at home with your kitties and your own stuff. I hope the pain gets better and better every day. The ride home sounded just awful. Glad that is behind you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Now I really did it :

Missy, Your comments about Francesca made me laugh. And your remark about getting a dog, let me tell you, my baby and your little Francesca would be fast friends. They are definitely cut from the same cloth. Eat, sleep, play a little, and look at mom so she gets me a treat. She is every bit the princess your sweet baby is.

I understand your apprehension regarding leaving the hospital. You feel a great deal of security knowing the nurse and doctors are right there should something go wrong. All of this is new to you and you're not sure what is to be expected those first few days after surgery. Anyone in your position would feel the same way.

My husband couldn't believe the way Suse was treated by AA. I know you said you would help her write a letter. She really deserves an apology and I hope she wrote down the names of those who treated her badly so the airline can address the issue.

Hopefully you will get a good night sleep tonight. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in keeping everyone posted after your surgery. I know that had to take lot out of you. You are such a Sweetheart Missy!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Great to hear you are home and healing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1405119210|3711614 said:
Wow Missy, to say you have been through the ringer doesn't even come close to cutting it. Holy cow. You are in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you were able to get home and especially because you had a great roommate. Sometimes, just that much can make such a difference. So glad you were able to stay the extra day. Fighting the insurance companies is no fun. I bet it feels great to be at home with your kitties and your own stuff. I hope the pain gets better and better every day. The ride home sounded just awful. Glad that is behind you!

Thank you luv2sparkle for keeping me in your thoughts and for all your good wishes. I appreciate that very much and you are right. I am happy to be home and hopefully I will be getting stronger each day. Just want to take a moment to say though I have been through an ordeal it cannot compare to so many others who have been through so much worse. My heart goes out to all those dealing with difficult challenges every single day.

Calliecake said:
Missy, Your comments about Francesca made me laugh. And your remark about getting a dog, let me tell you, my baby and your little Francesca would be fast friends. They are definitely cut from the same cloth. Eat, sleep, play a little, and look at mom so she gets me a treat. She is every bit the princess your sweet baby is.

I understand your apprehension regarding leaving the hospital. You feel a great deal of security knowing the nurse and doctors are right there should something go wrong. All of this is new to you and you're not sure what is to be expected those first few days after surgery. Anyone in your position would feel the same way.

My husband couldn't believe the way Suse was treated by AA. I know you said you would help her write a letter. She really deserves an apology and I hope she wrote down the names of those who treated her badly so the airline can address the issue.

Hopefully you will get a good night sleep tonight. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in keeping everyone posted after your surgery. I know that had to take lot out of you. You are such a Sweetheart Missy!

Thank you dear Callie. I feel the same about you. Your sweet, thoughtful and kind posts always cheer me up and a big heartfelt thank you for taking the time to do that.

Sky56 said:
Great to hear you are home and healing!

Thank you Sky. Have you made any decisions about selling your lovely artwork? I am first in line for those yummy barrettes...don't forget. :cheeky: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I hope the nausea is getting a little better, at least. It is so icky & debilitating -- but frankly, if I had to make a choice, I'd take it over a crashing headache, which to me is the worst of all things, having had migraines when I was a kid. Neither is bearable for long, though, & I'm pushing for you to be feeling better! Part of it must be caused by the trauma your body has been through physically, as well as the emotional toll -- your system is bewildered & trying to straighten itself out. With the surgery over & being at home w/kitties & DH & no longer alarmed, each day should see a step forward. :clap:

Here's our job for the day, speaking of cats -- DH & I are going to clean out the guest room & make it suitable for our feral kitty while she gets used to being in a house & while Joe Don, my resident cat, & the feral girl get used to each other. Through the closed door at first, then slowly through a tiny crack & on & on. Before bringing her inside, we've got to somehow cram her into a crate & take her to the vet for a once-over, shots updated (a neighbor had her spayed & vaccinated when she was a kitten, bless her heart), and a flea/tick treatment. Most evenings lately she sits outside the family room & kitchen windows & watches me play with Charlie & Joey; she really wants to be part of the family. Very unusual for a cat born in the wild. She'll get her wish! She's breaking my heart, her dear little face plastered against the glass.

I don't know if there are things you can't eat, but non-intuitive as it is, ice cream and frozen yogurt have always helped me settle my stomach. If the very idea makes you heave, then it's not the thing, but it has always worked well for me. They can help a little with constipation too.

Feel better & better & better! Thinking of you all the time.

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1405162464|3711922 said:
Missy, I hope the nausea is getting a little better, at least. It is so icky & debilitating -- but frankly, if I had to make a choice, I'd take it over a crashing headache, which to me is the worst of all things, having had migraines when I was a kid. Neither is bearable for long, though, & I'm pushing for you to be feeling better! Part of it must be caused by the trauma your body has been through physically, as well as the emotional toll -- your system is bewildered & trying to straighten itself out. With the surgery over & being at home w/kitties & DH & no longer alarmed, each day should see a step forward. :clap:

Here's our job for the day, speaking of cats -- DH & I are going to clean out the guest room & make it suitable for our feral kitty while she gets used to being in a house & while Joe Don, my resident cat, & the feral girl get used to each other. Through the closed door at first, then slowly through a tiny crack & on & on. Before bringing her inside, we've got to somehow cram her into a crate & take her to the vet for a once-over, shots updated (a neighbor had her spayed & vaccinated when she was a kitten, bless her heart), and a flea/tick treatment. Most evenings lately she sits outside the family room & kitchen windows & watches me play with Charlie & Joey; she really wants to be part of the family. Very unusual for a cat born in the wild. She'll get her wish! She's breaking my heart, her dear little face plastered against the glass.

I don't know if there are things you can't eat, but non-intuitive as it is, ice cream and frozen yogurt have always helped me settle my stomach. If the very idea makes you heave, then it's not the thing, but it has always worked well for me. They can help a little with constipation too.

Feel better & better & better! Thinking of you all the time.

--- Laurie

Dear Laurie, I am so happy you are taking in your sweet little feral kitty! I wish I could give you and your dh huge hugs for doing this but for now virtual ones ((((HUGS)))) will have to do!!!

I also wish I could give you the feral animal trap we have that we used to rescue Blu with. He was quite feral (not sure you remember Blu from 2 years ago this coming September) and though we had been feeding him for many weeks still would not come near us so our seafood co-op guy gave us this trap and it worked like a charm. We put food into it and Blu sniffed around suspiciously but walked in because he was so hungry. It was heartbreaking at the time but it saved his life.

Anyway I wonder if you could borrow such a trap from an animal rescue group in your area if you do not have one. Unless your sweet kitty is more trusting than most feral kitties and then perhaps you don't need one.

But one piece of advice that was given to us before we attempted Blu's rescue. You might only have one chance so be careful. Once you try and fail the cat might not trust you enough to come back so you can try again. I write this not to make you nervous but to make sure you successfully get your dear kitty so he/she can have a wonderful home and life with you and your dh and sweet furbaby family. Sending much love and hugs and kitty dust your way!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

As for me, I am much less nauseous right now thankfully but had a restless night due to back pain. Laying on my back all the time in bed is not my normal and is putting some strain on it. I try shifting positions in bed but with this leg I am not too successful. This is where the hospital wins over being home because I just loved their adjustable bed and tried to research them to perhaps buy one but dh is not too much in favor of it imagine that lol. And the nurses at the hospital seemed to think I was too young to have a hospital bed in my bedroom haha. I did manage to find a king adjustable bed where my dh can adjust his side independently of my side which would be perfect. But I do love my bed at home as it is usually so comfy. The mattress is latex foam I think and really lovely except when one is forced to lay on one's back constantly. OK enough of the moaning session. :boohoo: Bi**h time over and happy thoughts coming back in. I wanted to use that new smiley. :cheeky:

I did not know ice cream helps with constipation. I love love love ice-cream but it doesn't love me. Hmmm perhaps worth another try with some digestive enzymes. Thanks for the recommendation Laurie. And best of luck with your cat rescue! I am sending buckets and buckets of good luck dust your way and please update me with good news (no pressure ofc LOL)!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Nice to see you at home and on the mend missy! Keep trooping on x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1405165671|3711940 said:
Nice to see you at home and on the mend missy! Keep trooping on x

Thank you rosetta. Will do. :wavey:

And LOL on your (new?) sig. Haha, tough decision I hear you. :bigsmile:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
missy|1405106435|3711488 said:
I'm not wearing my ring :oops: Truthfully this cast/wrap I have on my leg is so uncomfortable and tight and claustrophobic in a way that I am wearing as little as possible. So no jewelry and just wearing a sundress being barefoot and hanging out on my couch. I had a refreshing (though exhausting-everything is much more difficult right now) shower this morning and washed my hair finally after so many days of no shower and feel much better but really want as little on me as possible if that makes sense. It wasn't even weird being in the hospital and not wearing my rings like I thought it would be.

I trust you are wearing and enjoying your beauty though enough for the both of us! That's how I am getting my bling enjoyment these days. Vicariously through my fellow PSers. :appl:

I totally understand! I am the same way, when I feel sick or otherwise unwell. Another thing...when my husband and I have an argument, I feel weird wearing my ring, so I sometimes take it off for a little while, and then he puts it back on my finger when we make up. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1405168336|3711952 said:
missy|1405106435|3711488 said:
I'm not wearing my ring :oops: Truthfully this cast/wrap I have on my leg is so uncomfortable and tight and claustrophobic in a way that I am wearing as little as possible. So no jewelry and just wearing a sundress being barefoot and hanging out on my couch. I had a refreshing (though exhausting-everything is much more difficult right now) shower this morning and washed my hair finally after so many days of no shower and feel much better but really want as little on me as possible if that makes sense. It wasn't even weird being in the hospital and not wearing my rings like I thought it would be.

I trust you are wearing and enjoying your beauty though enough for the both of us! That's how I am getting my bling enjoyment these days. Vicariously through my fellow PSers. :appl:

I totally understand! I am the same way, when I feel sick or otherwise unwell. Another thing...when my husband and I have an argument, I feel weird wearing my ring, so I sometimes take it off for a little while, and then he puts it back on my finger when we make up. :)

Aww, that's very romantic. When we have an argument I don't have any problem wearing my ER LOL so no romantic putting the ring back on my finger like you guys. I rather like the way you do it. Heck, no matter what I am keeping my ring. And the house, and so on and so forth. I might let him have Bobby aka psycho kitty, we shall see... :lol: ;))

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
By the way, I am the same way in terms of feeling safe in the hospital (when there's reason to be there) and feeling less taken care of at home.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am glad to hear you are at home. That is great your pain has subsided a little and I hope your nauseousness gets better soon. Sounds like your kitties are keeping close to you, that can only help you feel better. I was sorry to hear your roommate had a bad experience getting home. How frustrating for her though.

Have a restful day!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1405176737|3711994 said:
Missy, I am glad to hear you are at home. That is great your pain has subsided a little and I hope your nauseousness gets better soon. Sounds like your kitties are keeping close to you, that can only help you feel better. I was sorry to hear your roommate had a bad experience getting home. How frustrating for her though.

Have a restful day!
Marcy

Hi Marcy, thank you so much. I am feeling better and I just chatted with my (ex) roommate and she is doing well. Her flight was horrible and on top of it all delayed by 2 hours after the stopover where they had to change gates 4 times. This with her in her condition. :knockout: And to make matters worse she has a device sticking way out of her leg and could not recline during the long flights but she had a day to recuperate and now she feels better. So YAY!!! :appl: She got through it and is A-OK. She has to come back in 2 weeks for a follow up. But hopefully it will be easier the next time.

Tourmaline said:
By the way, I am the same way in terms of feeling safe in the hospital (when there's reason to be there) and feeling less taken care of at home.

Hi Tourmaline, thanks. It helps to know I am not looney for being a little scared to leave the hospital.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Hi Missy! It's been a while since I've posted, but I had to see what happened to you. I hanven't caught up on the last 15 pages, so I'm not sure if you've made progress, how you're feeling and if anything has happened with your job? I'm so sorry about all of this and can only say that DH and I are praying for you.

I know what's its like to be confounded at home and feel helpless. Please keep posted and I will do my best to read up ;0) I can't imagine the stress you must be under and can just hope and pray that things will progress for you. *Big hugs*

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you rent a bed? The place I rented my knee scooter also rented various adjustable beds. That way you can be comfortable (and avoid more sores!) without being stuck with a bed once you're all better.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
HI Missy, :wavey:
I have hung back from this thread because the content is very personal, and I instantly go very shy with such information.

But I really wanted to send you my best wishes,

L.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1405219709|3712291 said:
Hi Missy! It's been a while since I've posted, but I had to see what happened to you. I hanven't caught up on the last 15 pages, so I'm not sure if you've made progress, how you're feeling and if anything has happened with your job? I'm so sorry about all of this and can only say that DH and I are praying for you.

I know what's its like to be confounded at home and feel helpless. Please keep posted and I will do my best to read up ;0) I can't imagine the stress you must be under and can just hope and pray that things will progress for you. *Big hugs*

Hi 04diamond, thank you for stopping by and your good wishes and hugs. I really appreciate it. I am sorry you know what it is like to be a prisoner of sorts at home and under enforced rest. I wish nobody ever had to deal with that but I know (I hope!) healing is happening and it is all worth it. I am feeling better each day and keeping upbeat.

Yesterday my parents stopped by and the 4 of us played my favorite card game and the time flew by. Doing activities like that really makes the day more enjoyable for me. I won't lie. There are times that are more challenging than others. Where I am struggling not to feel overwhelmed and figure out something to keep my mind occupied and quiet. But then there are happier times when I am engaged in a fun brain activity such as cards or board games and I can get out of my body for a little while.

The big negative here is that my dh does not share my love of card games and board games and so I am not playing these often. He is already doing so much and it is almost like torture for him I fear to play these games. They are just not his thing.

Thank you for taking the time to post and your kind words and wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1405231549|3712364 said:
Can you rent a bed? The place I rented my knee scooter also rented various adjustable beds. That way you can be comfortable (and avoid more sores!) without being stuck with a bed once you're all better.

Thanks for that recommendation TooPatient. I don't think it is practical for us as our King size bed takes up much of our NYC bedroom and there is no space for an adjustable bed.

We have a special mattress anyway that is supposed to be good for what I am dealing with so not sure that would be much more of a help. I am also positioning lots of pillows as well as wedge pillows to cushion my tush and raise my leg and support my (aching) back. So I hope that all gives me some relief and soon.

It is my fault because I unfortunately have no fat on my bum due to that weight loss this winter(remember unknown illness I was dealing with over those months) and I am hoping to gain some cushioning back there soon. My dh is fattening me up and I hope the weight goes to the right places LOL or else I will really be up the creek! Not sure how to make the calories go where I need them and if I could patent that wow I would be set for life anyway so just hoping it all works out.

But I will keep your suggestion in mind if things become dire. Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1405240684|3712394 said:
HI Missy, :wavey:
I have hung back from this thread because the content is very personal, and I instantly go very shy with such information.

But I really wanted to send you my best wishes,

L.

Dear Lara, thank you so much for going out of your comfort zone to post here and send your best wishes to me. That means a lot to me-it really does. Believe me I am not thrilled to be posting all these personal details that honestly should be reserved for close family and friends. It's just that I find it so helpful to get my thoughts out and to also get advice and recommendations from the smart women (and men) of PS. Not to mention the incredibly comforting support I am finding here that PSers so generously give. It's funny. Though I have some great friends and family it is so much easier to post details here rather than sharing all of this with them if that makes sense. I cannot explain it but it's true for me at least.

Thank you my dear and big hugs to you for offering me your support and good thoughts.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's great you come on here to process your thoughts missy. You are getting wonderful advice, ideas and support here but I think by posting you are really helping yourself to navigate your way through this unexpected ordeal you have been dealt. With everything you've been through regarding your health this year, I rather hope you can use this time to give your whole body a darn good, deep rest.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried playing Scrabble on your computer? You can set it for just one player and it is still pretty fun.

My grandfather also likes the various card games (solitaire and spider solitaire among them) on his computer.

I think a lot of these are available on the internet, or you can get software that includes a bunch of stuff for not much money.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
If you like avocado...it works ~wonders~ for constipation for most people.

Thanks, missy re: my art sales. We're in the process of moving, so all other things will happen later on down the road. Then after a couple of years, we move back home. :cheeky:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I've been keeping tabs on your progress but wasn't able to post anything in the last few days.

Soooooooo happy that you are at home healing, getting bunches of kitty love.
Don't know about the itching since I've never been in a cast but sending you lots if anti itch thoughts. I can't imagine!

Hope you're feeling stronger and better more more as time goes by!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1405257075|3712464 said:
I think it's great you come on here to process your thoughts missy. You are getting wonderful advice, ideas and support here but I think by posting you are really helping yourself to navigate your way through this unexpected ordeal you have been dealt. With everything you've been through regarding your health this year, I rather hope you can use this time to give your whole body a darn good, deep rest.

Thank you Polished. It is cathartic being able to share my thoughts and feelings. And nothing beats the wonderful and sage advice PSers so generously offer. I always enjoy reading your thoughts and value your advice. I know my body needs to rest and I am doing my best to make sure I get just that.

TooPatient said:
Have you tried playing Scrabble on your computer? You can set it for just one player and it is still pretty fun.

My grandfather also likes the various card games (solitaire and spider solitaire among them) on his computer.

I think a lot of these are available on the internet, or you can get software that includes a bunch of stuff for not much money.

Thanks TooPatient. Great idea. I am going to see what is available online. So far I am getting pummeled by my dh in both cards and scrabble. My defenses are definitely down because I usually beat the pants off him. Tomorrow it's back to work for him so I am checking out online games. I am also reading a good book which I will probably finish by the morning but I like this author so will check out more books by her.

Sky56 said:
If you like avocado...it works ~wonders~ for constipation for most people.

Thanks, missy re: my art sales. We're in the process of moving, so all other things will happen later on down the road. Then after a couple of years, we move back home. :cheeky:

Thank you Sky. I will try that tomorrow. I love avocado! And looking forward to when you do start your art sales. Please keep us posted.

Kelinas said:
I've been keeping tabs on your progress but wasn't able to post anything in the last few days.

Soooooooo happy that you are at home healing, getting bunches of kitty love.
Don't know about the itching since I've never been in a cast but sending you lots if anti itch thoughts. I can't imagine!

Hope you're feeling stronger and better more more as time goes by!

Thank you Kelinas. I appreciate you checking in on me. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am glad your ex-roommate made it home okay even with all the hassles changing gates and delays. I bet she feels better at home and having time to relax. I am glad you had a nice time playing cards with the family. We like to play cribbage, hearts and Texas Hold ‘Em. It is a fun way to pass the time. Do you have a tablet? I play hearts, scrabble, solitaire, cribbage, words with friends and Angry Birds on my iPad. It’s my reader too. I hope your pain is getting less severe and that you are sleeping okay. Take care!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I've been reading thru the posts and it's seems you're feeling a little better. Thank goodness the nausea is getting better. Tell your husband he had better not get used to beating you at cards and scrabble! I believe there is also an online scrabble game. Do you have things you can do during the week to keep you occupied while Greg works?

Does Suse really have to come back for a doctors visit in two weeks? How awful that she would have to take another plane trip so soon.

I'll try to check into Pricescope tomorrow during the day to see how your doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results