shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs, so pretty and fresh looking! You wouldn't all your jewelry to be door slammers, right? Heehe!!!

Can't wait to see your wrist shots of it. I bet it'll look amazing on you and also with your rings on too. Congrats! Come back with pics, okay? :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from our cycling today and guess what we found? :lickout:
(though part of me does feel badly the other part of me knows I am a Pescetarian for now and that's just how it is for a while).

Sharing with the NIRDIs because I like to share things others might enjoy. Attaching a pic of our very first Bluefish of 2015.

Kristie, *fresh* bluefish is worth a try. It has to be fresh that is just caught and prepared that day to taste delicious. And remember if you visit during the season you will have specially prepared and delicious Bluefish by Greg. :appl:

It is getting very warm here. Summer is coming!

Jimmianne, thinking of you! :wavey:

bluefishandgreg.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, LLJsmom I have always had a crush on those turquoise butterflies seriously! :love: Actually I am a fan of VC&A. Huge congrats!!!! Nice to hear from you again too.

Jimmianne good ideas for jewelry to take on your trip, I will be doing some planning too but I tend to take nice stuff, still not sure but if I do go I will be in Paris the same day you will be there so then it would most definitely be great to meet. Perhaps I am dreaming but we shall see.

Kristie, wow, that is a great idea about the NIRDI "garage sale", really funny, I will be curious what you girls are putting on there.

Yes for sure I am dreaming of bling Marcy although sadly not many of you have had ring ideas for me.:(((

I have to again attempt to read this thread to be able to respond to everyone, until then, just wanted to chime in really fast and say hi and send hugs to all my NIRDI girlfriends. :wavey: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fresh fish, is there ANYTHING more tasty for dinner?!?!?!?!?!?!? :appl: :love:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, yumm, yumm, I love love love fish, good fish, this looks and sounds great, dinner anyone? Missy, do you catch them? I always feel so sorry for them but love eating them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That big ole fish looks amazing. YUMMY!!!! I have no qualms. GET IN MY BELLY!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That fish looks FRESH, I think its talking to Greg!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, LLJsmom, and Orsi, it was delicious. I snapped 2 pics but less than pretty since we were hungry and wanted to eat hehe. Here they are. Wish you were all here enjoying the delicious dinner with us.

bluefishdinner.jpg

bluefishdinner.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that just looking at food can make you gain weight. Luckily that looks pretty healthy. I sure am starving now that I've seen that delicious salad!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks AMAZING! :lickout: I'll be right over!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, great idea to have a NIRDI Bling sale. I have so many things I don’t wear. Of course as those things get sold then I feel bad that my jewelry boxes aren’t full.

LLJsmom, it is kind of tough to adjust to weekends when golf season stops but even worse when golf season is over. I get used to the weekend morning “me” times then all of a sudden I have a 6’3” guy following me around because he’s bored. That’s great Jimmianne can scout out France for you; what great time you’ll both have. The VCA bracelet you bought looks fabulous. Now you won’t sleep because you are anxious for it to arrive in the mail. I’m glad I’m not the only one to can’t go to sleep because I am thinking about some jewelry purchase.

Jimmianne, hopefully you can sleep on the flight. Marty never falls asleep; he is wasted when he gets home because sometimes he’s been up almost 48 hours when he gets to the airport then has to drive another 90 miles. Isn’t it great that it is so easy now to plan out our routes to places online? Your dangle earrings look fabulous. Are they RB? Bon Voyage!

Missy, your story about maybe adopting a 5th cat reminded me of some friends of my parents. They adopted about 2 dozen strays and had them all at their mountain cabin. They were well-pampered cats and of course they kept the mice away. I was knitting one time while the “gang” was all out riding snowmobiles and this cat kept watching me and all of a sudden it snagged my needle right out of my afghan. It was fuzzy yarn that tangled easily; it was fun getting all those stitches back on my needle. After that I read a book around those cats. They all liked to cuddle up with me on those cold snowy days so they were good company. You are completely right; all the NIRDIs are very kindhearted ladies. That is why we do get along so well. All of our flowers still look good today. I am so glad I went to the nursery. The plants are so much healthier than the ones from a hardware store. That is a serious sized fish. I am glad you enjoyed it for supper.

Ovi, sorry I didn’t have any ring suggestions for you. Your Malaias is gorgeous. I would go with a bezel set or side diamond accent setting but I have to go “play” with settings and that size of gemstone before I know what I like. Counting diamonds to fall asleep; that sounds like NIRDI fun! How is your throat feeling?

Work was okay. I had my cuss and discuss meeting and I told Marty they were “overwhelming indifferent”. He told me that could be the title of my book. I think they are concerned that my new boss is going to try and shake things up. I have 4 one on ones scheduled tomorrow so I’ll see what they say in a more private conversation.

Marty marinated a flank steak and cooked it along with baked potatoes and corn on the cob on the grill. It was all fabulous.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Marcy! We have interest already! If you could shop 5 or 6 PSers Blingie Yard Sale, you would! I think we'd get a great turnout. I have several rings to sell

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that dinner sounds delish! We went out for ramen, my kids' favorite meal. I'm ok with it, but don't like the white stuff. Came home and had steelcut oatmeal, a peach and tortilla chips. :roll: Yeah, how does the jewelry obsession work? Why does it affect my sleep?! When you have a piece you really want, you CANNOT get it out of your mind...

Jimmianne, I'm so excited for you!! Hope you have the most fabulous trip!

Kristie, I for sure will post a gazillion pics. You know how pic crazy I can get. I can't wait!! And thanks for the reminder of the more ergonomic mouse. It would be very helpful.

Orsi, you are a VCA fan too? I generally find VCA very feminine, and which isn't me. But this sweet line is just soooo beautiful. They offered me the necklace too, but I'm not into pendants. I like stationary pieces that are attached to the necklace.

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en...mbra/vcara45900-vintage-alhambra-pendant.html

But I'm a little afraid of the size. It's such a statement piece that I'm a little intimidated by it. I wish the sweet line necklace came like this, attached to the clover on each side, but the sweet line provides only a pendant. What ring were you thinking about getting? I couldn't find it in the past several pages, but maybe it was before this.

Missy, thank you for saying that I am smart. I think I'm just actually very cheap. I don't want to spend my money on things I don't use. I have another dirty little secret. I am (was) addicted to LV bags. Starting about 10 years ago, I started going nuts, and buying all these bags that I just wanted to keep, and I could NEVER bear to use them, cause they were just too beautiful. And they have been sitting in my closet. So I recently started selling them on eBay. Boy am I glad I am not the only one obsessed with LV bags. Along with some other bags I never use, I sold a couple and funded my new bracelets. I am so excited about the additional closet space. Anyway, I think I am over that phase. I will only keep the ones that have sentimental value to me, like I have one from my grandma, and one from my mom, and some that I bought brand new and just could not bring myself to use. But I am thinking of getting rid of at least one more. :) It feels so good to purge!

However, I do admit there is one new LV bag I want. My mom bought me the wallet and I discovered how much I LOVE this material. I throw my wallet around, beat it up, and it doesn't show a lick of wear. It's soft yet holds it's structure. I tried out the purse. Holds a ton of stuff, super light to carry, holds it's shape even when I stuff it, pebbled leather so you'd have to take a blade to it to scratch it, can be carried as a crossbody bag, has a zipper closure across the top for protection. Only problem? It's $2960. Yeah, for a purse... I'd use it more than a ring, so maybe I would be willing to sell my ring to buy this. Maybe...

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/bastille-mm-monogram-empreinte-008421

Junebug - Hi!! Hope you are having a good week!

Thanks for letting me share my materialistic obsessions NIRDIs. :wavey: And not judging me. :oops: Hopefully, by the time you next hear from me I will have pictures to share. ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LLJsmom, that is a gorgeous purse and I can see why you are tempted. Fortunately I can appreciate designer purses but don't have a burning desire to own one and that leaves me more funds for bling. I say fortunately because I am cheap too though I prefer to think we are not so much cheap as selective with regards to how we spend our funds so we have more $$$ left for things (i.e. BLING) we really want hehe. And I could not imagine if I started collecting expensive pieces other than bling lol.

You *are* very smart and making the most of your funds so I think you should go ahead and get that LV purse because as you say you will use it more than you might wear another jewelry piece. That and the VCA bracelet would be ooh la la and so beautiful together don't you think? :love: :love: :love:

Haha if looking at food caused one to gain weight I would be in a *lot* of trouble as I love looking at food especially desserts. The sweet tooth in me is still lurking somewhere beneath the surface. Bwahahaha. :Up_to_something:

Kristie, how are you this morning? Any neighbor feedback? Please keep me posted and I hope they make a better choice today for their sweet and probably under loved dog. I bet if you and I got our hands on him we could turn him from guard dog to a big fur ball of mush and love haha.

When can I expect you and LLJsmom and the other NIRDIs for bluefish tonight? :cheeky:

Thanks for doing all the background research on the Miami show. Why isn't Fla closer to me darn it! And even more importantly why can't Greg get more time off from work so we could easily drive there and back and have plenty of time to enjoy Miami too? No need to answer my mainly rhetorical questions just venting.

Jimmianne, I am thinking of you today and so sorry about the delay and I hope your flight takes off safely and lands safely and that you and your dd have a great trip! Also hope you find a special piece of French bling while you are there!

Marcy, thank you for sharing that story about your parents and their rescues. They were amazing people to rescue all those cats in need. I love having kitties next to me and purring and it doesn't hurt that they are little furnaces when I am cold in the winter hehe.

I am glad your flowers are looking good and I agree the nursery is usually a good place to get plants and flowers.

Yes that bluefish was a large one. The price of bluefish is so cheap! It was only $10 for that whole fish can you believe it? Crazy good deal and it is such an underrated fish. Kristie shared a NYT article with me the other day on bluefish so perhaps the cat is out of the bag (is that the right expression?) and it won't be a well kept secret anymore. If you have never had it try it FRESH. Cook it the day it is caught and you will see why it is a delicious fish if you like fish that is. I love corn on the cob especially when it is grilled. Glad you enjoyed your delicious dinner too.

When is that new band of yours arriving? I am waiting patiently. OK not so patiently but between you and LLJsmom I am dying to see the new bling! :naughty:

Haha cuss and discuss meetings. Love your expressions Marcy. Good luck with your one on one meetings at work today!

Junie, hope your week is going well.

Callie, how are you doing?

Ovi, any decisions re your new and lovely gem? I wish I could find that Boston Jeff setting I was telling you about. Perhaps the other NIRDIs will have better luck finding it to show you. I think that would be a lovely setting for your gem if you want simple but elegant and allow the gem to be the star of the piece.

It's a rainy day here today so I think Greg will be getting more time to work on building the outdoor dining table and we also have an issue re our internet/tv so hoping we can convince Comcast to come today. Not sure that we will be able to as they appear to be fully booked for the next few days but I will try so wish us luck. Why do these things always go down when we are here for any length of time? Sigh Murphy's Law comes into play I guess. Hope I have internet so I can catch up with you girls later. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Greg is such a sweetheart to suggest you buy the earrings! So sweet and romantic. Love the pic of him and the fish, he looks great!…and your kitchen is so pretty. Your salad looks really good, and made me very hungry lol.

I don't know why I was being so cryptic about the ring I like over in PL :roll: - Yes, it's the 2.48 cushion cut halo ring being sold by Shelby1975 over in PL - thanks for your support, you made me feel better lol… I do love the ring, I guess I'm kind of into cushion cuts right now. It seems like a very good price to me too. But every time we make a bling purchase, I guess we do run the risk of someday finding something we think we like better than what we have. You are absolutely right, sometimes we have to just be happy with and grateful for what we have! Well, at least we can try haha. I have to remind myself that even a few years ago I never dreamed I would have the ering I have now.

Ugh, sorry to hear about the internet woes, I hate that. Hopefully it can be taken care of quickly.

LLJsmom, I LOVE the bracelet you chose!!! :love: The other bracelets were beautiful too, but this one is gorgeous and will be comfortable! I can't wait to see it on you, and isn't not being able to sleep over a jewelry purchase just the best? :lol:

And, I have to say, the LV bag is a thing of beauty! :love: I tend to put any available funds I have towards bling,, but I love purses and handbags too, and this one is just gorgeous, and you will get a lot of use out of it, and enjoyment from it, so I am completely supporting you on this one lol.

Thanks for filling me in a little about what seems to be popular in music now…now that you mention it, I used to watch American Idol and I did notice a shift from pop music to rock over the course of a few years.

Marcy, love cuss and discuss, what a great expression! Going to share that with dh, he'll love it. It's tough, not only do you have to adjust to a new boss, but you have to worry about how your team is going to handle it too. Love the story of you and the cats, I can just picture you sitting with all the cats around you lol.

Kristie, I'm giving the Miami show some serious thought, I can't commit right now but I'm definitely thinking about it. It sounds like it would be such a blast, I'm very tempted.

Darn, I missed wishing Jimmianne a final Bon Voyage…sorry to hear about the flight delay :knockout: Thinking of our Jimmianne and hoping things go smoothly from this point on.

Calliecake, hope your week is off to a good start!

Ovi, I just realized you don't have my email - missy, when you get a chance, could you please pass it on to Ovi? I need to see this bling! I hope you're feeling better, have you recovered completely from the throat infection?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, just sent you both an email so you have each other's contact info.

I love your ER Junie much more than the one over in LT IMO.

Thanks about the kitchen but it is the one thing I don't care for at the beach house. It's not my taste and I hate the counters because with the pattern in the granite you cannot tell if it is dirty or clean and I also am not a fan of beige. and we are eventually redoing with Silestone white countertops and island, wood floors and white custom cabinets with drumroll please a 48 inch subzero fridge and a 48 inch subzero freezer. Woohoo! That satisfies the depression era baby in me LOL. We have to reconfigure the kitchen so I get more space in it because right now there is just not enough island space or cabinets or storage. Greg assures me he will redesign it so it will fit everything I want. We'll see. 8)

It is sunny and hot here and we are supposed to have thundershowers for the afternoon. How's the weather by you? Are you visiting your mother and how is she doing?

The Comcast guy actually came this AM which is amazing because when Greg called last night they had no appointments till June 11th and I asked Greg to call them back and ask again to please come this AM and they did! Of course when he got here everything was working just fine LOL. What did I tell you about Murphy's Law? Hahaha always. But he changed a cable out downstairs and we will see what happens. He gave Greg his mobile but we know how that goes. Hopefully everything will stay working. Fingers crossed.

Greg is a busy and happy bee working on the new table outside wearing his adorable Solumbra sun hat. In a little while we are going to be running errands and maybe just maybe a little clothing shopping though I really need absolutely nothing clothing wise.

Off to bring my dh some delicious cold ice tea. See you later and hope you and all the NIRDIs are enjoying the day!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just really quick dropping in to post some pics of these gorgeous earrings.

I love these!! But problem is they are 18k and my ears so far are ok with platinum only, and the posts are really thick so it takes a bit to get them in! Crazy. But I love how the MOP makes it pop!! $2350. Too risky when I am not sure if my ears will tolerate them. :confused:

_30976.jpg

_30978.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for doing that missy! The changes you are planning for the kitchen sound great, and a sub-zero, woo-hoo! Thanks for the nice words about my ering too, I'm feeling so much better about the whole thing.

Love those earrings LLJsmom and they look perfect on your ear! But the thick posts would probably be a deal-breaker for me. I just can't handle earrings where the posts are too thick. I don't know why some earrings are made that way :confused:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look good, LLJs, glowy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Missy. I'm so jealous. Your sweet hubby promises to make your dream kitchen come true. I would be satisfied if mine would remember to throw the laundry in the dryer. :lol:

Jb, I'm so out of it. I'm going to hunt down the ring you like in PL. YOUR ring is so so beautiful. Hard to find one that would compare.

I know Kristie! I am so surprised I love it. Ok. Maybe you can help me understand the appeal of VCA because it's not normally my style at all. It's so bold and yet so unapologeticly feminine too. The combination confounds me. I want to feel comfortable wearing the regular sized motifs but it feels like I'm screaming "look at me, look at me!" Isn't that funny coming from a person wearing a rock on the large side where people ask to see my ring pretty frequently. That doesn't feel like too much yet this pretty bold flower does. It's weird... (I'm always trying to understand why I like or don't like something...)

I'm totally stalking PF for all the pics of people wearing their VCA pieces. I'm gonna be in Paris. Will I be able to control myself girls?? :hand:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1433899712|3887143 said:
Wow Missy. I'm so jealous. Your sweet hubby promises to make your dream kitchen come true. I would be satisfied if mine would remember to throw the laundry in the dryer. :lol:

Jb, I'm so out of it. I'm going to hunt down the ring you like in PL. YOUR ring is so so beautiful. Hard to find one that would compare.

I'm totally PF for all the pics of people wearing their VCA pieces. I'm gonna be in Paris. Will I be able to control myself girls?? :hand:

I hope not LLJsmom! :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, you are an enabler for sure!! :lol:

I saw the ring. It's beautiful but it's going in a totally different direction. Did u want to get it as an additional ring or sell the one you have?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs, is it possible you are an affiliator? A bling affiliator :bigsmile:

Lol, I know you like what you like no matter what the prevailing PS thing is. You have some amazing bling that suits you well.

I'm reading a new book and affiliaors are discussed.

People who wear professional sports teams gear, affiliators. People who wear university gear when they are not students or alums of the schol, same thing and even worse, posers. Alums over 30 still wearing hats and t-shirts from their alma mater, affiliators but not posers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, I have quite a few things I’d sell. Others I’ll keep because I can trade them for full value if I spend twice as much as I did originally. Gotta love trade-ups. I’m an affiliator.

LLJsmom, you got my attention at peach. I hope they are good this year. I love good peaches and can’t stand bad to mediocre ones. I honestly will lie away at night cussing and discussing with my brain should I or shouldn’t I buy that. Do I really want it? Is it worth the money? Then after I decide to buy it I second-guess myself. It’s amazing I have as much jewelry as I do. Good idea to sell the LV bags you aren’t using especially to help fun new bling. I went through a Coach phase and gave them all to a friend of mine. I was tempted when they had a limited edition series of Snoopy bags. Luckily they were gone by the time I found out they were available. Those butterfly earrings are very pretty.

Missy, I often chuckle about that cat just ripping my knitting needle out of my afghan. One of those things that you just don’t see coming. Our flowers still look good today. I see a few are dying already I need to go pick them off. I am determined my flowers will look good this year. I wasn’t in a “flowery” place last summer and neglected them. My band is scheduled for shipment June 26 and since its not high priced it’s 2nd day FedEx so probably the 28th or 29th. Our anniversary is the 29th so maybe it will be here by then. Glad to hear Comcast came and fixed your problem for you. Greg probably loves working on the table.

Junebug, I am with you. I’d rather use any extra money I have towards bling. That cushion halo is a beauty. I had fun with all those cats in the mountains even though I sneezed a lot. I love cats but my allergies don’t.

My cuss and discuss meetings today went as expected. One lady didn’t say anything other than “fine”, another one asked some valid questions and the last one continued to argue the same things he always does. My new boss is meeting with him tomorrow and it sounds like my employee wouldn’t come out of that meeting very happy. Time will tell. That LV bag you want is gorgeous. I doubt I’d pay that much for a bag but I’m cheap. I’ll go about $500 on a bag. Isn’t it funny what price range we’ll agree to for different things? I have a lot of nylon Tumi bags and wristlets and they wear like iron.

Marty is making a fruit compote then I am going to brew up cheesecake. We are going out for game night later this week and were asked to bring dessert.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1433901262|3887155 said:
Junebug, you are an enabler for sure!! :lol:

I saw the ring. It's beautiful but it's going in a totally different direction. Did u want to get it as an additional ring or sell the one you have?

I know, I'm bad! :devil: I want to live vicariously through you! :D

If I had the extra money maybe I'd go for it! But nah, I wouldn't go so far as to sell my ring…just too much rigamarole and kind of a drastic move…I've been wearing my OEC today, and it suits me and I do still love it- but if I hadn't upgraded a few years ago, I think I would have gone for this, I do think it's pretty.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that makes you a judiciously loyal client versus affiliator :read:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Your dream kitchen sounds beautiful. I'm sorry the weather hasn't been cooperating with your vacation. Thank goodness for shopping. It's the perfect thing to do when the weather is nasty. My feet seem to think they are 25 again. You should see the shoes I fell in love with. I'm hoping my brain decides to start working again so I can return them. Thank goodness for Nordstrom notes. It's like getting free shoes.

Junebug, I have to agree with the others regarding your ring. I love your ring. Did the ring that is in PL belong to another Pricescope member before Shelby? It looks very familiar. It is a beautiful ring but I also prefer your existing engagement ring. Are you thinking of this ring in place if your ring or would you keep your current ting and have two rings? I love having a couple engagement rings. It's fun to switch rings up.

LLJsmom, I'm happy if my husband put his clothes in the hamper! Whenever he puts clothes the dryer he thinks the whole process is completed. The whole folding thing totally escapes him. I love the earrings. The look beautiful on you.

Jimmianne, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip. Have you found Joy any beautiful siblings yet? You really don't want her to be lonely.

Marcy, Did your one on one's go well today? I hope everything is going well with your new job and your week is off to a good start. I understand about enjoying your alone time while Marty is golfing. I feel the same way.

Kristie, Any problems with the neighbors today? I went to look for clothes and ended up with shoes. Not sure how that happened except that my feel don't seem to have any rolls that make me crazy snd feel bad. Even the shoes that don't fit don't seem to look too bad. I also have no idea why the ones I fall in love belong on a 25 year old. I have no idea how I will wear one of the pairs I bought today. Of course that didn't stop me from buying them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1433901271|3887156 said:
LLJs, is it possible you are an affiliator? A bling affiliator :bigsmile:

Lol, I know you like what you like no matter what the prevailing PS thing is. You have some amazing bling that suits you well.

I'm reading a new book and affiliaors are discussed.

People who wear professional sports teams gear, affiliators. People who wear university gear when they are not students or alums of the schol, same thing and even worse, posers. Alums over 30 still wearing hats and t-shirts from their alma mater, affiliators but not posers.

:lol: :lol: Oh Kristie, I WISH I could be an affiliator. VCA affiliator. Cartier affiliator. Either one. I'm not picky. Only problem is I can't afford to be. Even my first VCA purchase is from eBay. ***sigh*** But I'm starting to fear that the bling whore will elbow her way to the front of my mind as soon as we get to Paris. I just looked it up. 4 boutiques and 2 retailers in the city of Paris. Cartier - 9 boutiques and countless authorized retailers. I am in such trouble!!

And guess what?! The guy who sold me the bracelet on ebay gave the original owner my contact info and she called me asking if I wanted the necklace too. I gave him my phone number because we negotiated on the phone. I'm only slightly tempted. (She offered to sell it to me for only $50 less than the current retail price. Not enough of a discount.) Now after seeing that there will be all this temptation in Paris, I had better not even consider it right now. I need to leave myself some wiggle room to get some kinda jewelry from Paris.

Geez, when the bling bug bites, it bites HARD!! :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1433903732|3887169 said:
Missy, Your dream kitchen sounds beautiful. I'm sorry the weather hasn't been cooperating with your vacation. Thank goodness for shopping. It's the perfect thing to do when the weather is nasty. My feet seem to think they are 25 again. You should see the shoes I fell in love with. I'm hoping my brain decides to start working again so I can return them. Thank goodness for Nordstrom notes. It's like getting free shoes.

Junebug, I have to agree with the others regarding your ring. I love your ring. Did the ring that is in PL belong to another Pricescope member before Shelby? It looks very familiar. It is a beautiful ring but I also prefer your existing engagement ring. Are you thinking of this ring in place if your ring or would you keep your current ting and have two rings? I love having a couple engagement rings. It's fun to switch rings up.

LLJsmom, I'm happy if my husband put his clothes in the hamper! Whenever he puts clothes the dryer he thinks the whole process is completed. The whole folding thing totally escapes him. I love the earrings. The look beautiful on you.

Jimmianne, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip. Have you found Joy any beautiful siblings yet? You really don't want her to be lonely.

Marcy, Did your one on one's go well today? I hope everything is going well with your new job and your week is off to a good start. I understand about enjoying your alone time while Marty is golfing. I feel the same way.

Kristie, Any problems with the neighbors today? I went to look for clothes and ended up with shoes. Not sure how that happened except that my feel don't seem to have any rolls that make me crazy snd feel bad. Even the shoes that don't fit don't seem to look too bad. I also have no idea why the ones I fall in love belong on a 25 year old. I have no idea how I will wear one of the pairs I bought today. Of course that didn't stop me from buying them.

Callie, you need to post a pic of those 25 year old shoes...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LLJsmom, those earrings are very sweet and look gorgeous on you but I don't think they are worth the $. They are not platinum and you are only sure you are OK with plat and the posts are too thick. However (you know the mantra) if you love them they are worth it (if there is a good return policy. Just in case you cannot tolerate the plat and thick posts after wearing them for a while) but I think you could put that money towards oh I don't know, a VCA necklace? :naughty: Though the discount of $50 off is not enough to buy it preloved and I would go new with that small of a discount. Have you decided if you are going to purchase that gorgeous LV pocketbook?

When are you going to Paris LLJsmom? Oh my goodness the bling shopping and fun you will have there. Now *I* am jealous. :love: I haven't been to Paris for over 2 decades and I love everything there. The architecture, the history, the fashion, the cafes, the food (especially the food!) everything. First Jimmianne and now you. I wonder if I can ever get over this fear of flying thing if I would return to Europe because it has been too long. But I think I would first go to Australia because I have never been there and have wanted to visit. But back to France. No girlfriend, don't control yourself when you are there. Enjoy and shop and eat. Save $$$ for your bling budget while you are there so you can shop without guilt. If I were going on that trip I would take my bling budget from my bday/anniversary/valentine's day/christmas/Hanukah and combine them for a happy buying spree in France!

Speaking of flying I had some unhappy news yesterday. For the first time in a long time Greg was requested by work to fly somewhere to get a deal done. Atlanta in July. I know it is not far but he hasn't flown for work for 4 years and I used to get sick to my stomach every time he had to due to my fear of flying. It's one thing if we are both flying because if the plane goes down we are both likely to die but if he is flying alone and the plane goes down... ;( ;( ;(

I told him let's go together and we can make a few more days of it before his meetings on Monday and Tuesday but then he reminded me of the kitties. We still have no clue who will take care of them if we start traveling again. And now I am concerned about Tommy as he has been drinking more than usual and peeing more than usual and well I had one cat with diabetes so the signs are all there but I am praying he is healthy and does not have diabetes or anything else. We have been through so much with our kitties and their health (lost Butch to an aggressive cancer when he was barely 7 yo; lost Billy to heart disease and kidney failure due to his long term diabetes and hypertension; lost Buster to cancer) so I am very worried and am keeping a close eye on him and if it continues I am going to bring him in to get checked.

Don't get too excited for me about my dream kitchen as it will have to wait a few years at least. We will have it done before we move here (if we move here ) full time that is for sure but the time frame is up in the air. Since we are now digging out the basement (most likely scenario at this time) our project funds just had to be doubled so that is going to hurt my kitchen reno/gut and delay it a bit most likely. That's OK because Greg has been patiently waiting for 4 plus years to get his garage done and now it has turned into making a basement and rebuilding our existing shed because that is the only way we could keep it where it is. Once we build a whole new one the new rules as to where it can go on our property take effect but if we rebuild the existing (but too small for a workshop) shed we can keep it where it is.

Junie, you are welcome. I really love your ER and wouldn't say it if I didn't. We all get pangs every now and then for different bling though so we all get how you are feeling. Sometimes when the urge to shop and buy gets very strong I feel it is a distraction from what is going on in my life (my face mainly at this time) but much of the time it is just my love of bling.

It's funny I want another subzero because when we got the subzero in Brooklyn (48 inch side by side freezer/fridge) it was wonky the first year and I was pissed we paid so much for a fridge and it didn't work right. But now 11 plus years later I think it is the best way to go because it comes in the size I want, fits flush and is easy to get to the food because it is shallow. And it looks pretty too. The difference is that at the beach house I want two 48 inch sub zeros. One all fridge 48 inch and one all freezer 48 inch. Massive I know but oh think of all that glorious space inside where I can put all our favorite foods and freeze the rest. :lickout:

Kristie, my best friend Tom is an affiliator. He is an alumnus of Georgetown and gives lots of money to the school and is active in their politics though he lives in NYC currently and he always (with the exception of work where he wears a suit) wears their logos. On everything. His shirts,his baseball caps and even his shorts and pants. LOL it drives Greg batty because he is a grown man but dresses like that and he is not getting money for doing so. The only way I would wear someone's else's logo (for the most part because there are exceptions to be sure) is if I got paid to do so. :rodent:

How is your window covering project going?

Have you heard back from your neighbors since the note? Have you seen their dog and is he OK I hope?

I stand corrected about bluefish btw. Sometimes when the fish is very large (as was the Monday catch we got) we can have it 2 days in a row and it still tastes OMG delicious. We had that bluefish last night again for dinner since we had a lot leftover because it was so big and it was even better the second night somehow. The trick is to remove the dark meat from the underbelly and then it is good for 2 days. Attaching a pic of Greg's plate last night. He took an extra portion because we had so much left from the original fish.

Marcy, yummy! I wish you were visiting here with your cheesecake. That is a weakness of mine. Delicious (and I know yours would be nothing but delicious) cheesecake. Lucky lucky friends! And I would love game night. Wish we had some friends here who would be interested in that but no one I know at this time who is local to us would be into that. It sounds like so much fun and when we were younger we used to have game nights as a family and sometimes with friends who would come over but those days are long gone. Can you remind me what games you play on game night?

I am glad your "cuss and discuss" meetings held no unpleasant surprises for you and hoping everything else goes smoothly. I am glad you are keeping a close watch on the flowers. I love a beautiful garden but do not have a green thumb. Fortunately Greg enjoys gardening and is good at it because if it were left to me well let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. :oops:

I hope your new ring gets to you before your anniversary. Did you tell WF that you were hoping it would arrive before then? You are a loyal and good customer no matter the price of this band and I think they would be happy to get it to you before your anniversary if you just let them know. And also we cannot wait to see it on your hand so c'mon WF get Marcy her beautiful new band ASAP please. :appl:

Callie, our weather is cooperating for once and we are having some lovely cycling days. Today is a beauty and the rest of the week too though it is predicted to be quite warm (90) by tomorrow. I have no clue what the winds are doing till we get out there and start cycling however because the prediction is always different than reality by the shore.

I'm with LLJsmom, please can you post a pic of these beautiful shoes meant for a 25 yo? I bet they look gorgeous on you and you are being too tough on yourself. Personally I don't care a fig if something is "age appropriate". If it looks good and feels good I will wear it. One of the advantages of being half a century old is that what others think doesn't matter more than what you think if you kwim. Rock it girl I know you can!

I am anxiously waiting to hear how your sweet dog is doing and what the decision is about the rest of her vaccinations. Did the antibody blood test results come in yet?

Jimmianne, not sure if you are checking in here during your trip just to read how NIRDI life is but just wanted to say hello and hope you are having fun in case you have a chance to check in here with us. We miss you and hope you are having a blast!

Ovi, nothing to add besides what I already shared with you but hope your week is going well and hope you are getting some great ideas for the big and beautiful new gem of yours. Sending hugs your way.

bluefishfordinneragain.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results