shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm sorry about your dinner Missy. I also understand how uncomfortable being in that situation feels. I have been in a similar situation twice only it didn't involve a restaurant. Our situation involved our landscaper. I had planted a tree i wasnt thrilled with so our landscaper said to put the tree I wanted in the spot and they would replant the original tree. Our neighbors wanted the tree so I gave it to them and our landscaper was going to replant in their yard. They were awful to this wonderful young man who had done work in our yard for years. I mean truly awful. I cried over this to my husband. I was ashamed of our friends for their actions. We remained friendly with these people but my husband and i never really felt the same way we did about them before this incident. It spoke volumes about their true character as far as I was concerned. After the tree was planted I took my landscaper aside and gave them a huge tip and apologized for their behavior. He hugged me and thanked me for always being kind to him and his workers. He said there are many people who will not give them water when they are working in their yards for the entire day and go as far as to say they can not drink from the hose. I can't imagine not having coolers of cold drinks for everyone to drink thru out the day, providing them a nice lunch and treating them with kindness and respect. I seriously doubt that saying anything to your friend would make a difference. my husband said something to our friend and nothing changed but I would bet their actions are the reason your other friends have stopped doing things with them often. That is what my husband and I did. I hope you have a wonderful day looking at jewelry today. We have also toyed with the idea of having a place here close to family and a place in another location. I almost feel I would rather rent a condo for a few months a year and not have all the expenses associated with owning two homes. Of course I change my mind on all of this every other day. My husband is not convinced I will actually move from the area we live, in spite of the weather.

Jimmiane, I hope you had fun with your friends today. Are you ready and excited for your trip? It's so hard trying to figure out what to bring to wear and it seems like you have thought this part out well. Thank you for your response regarding my friend. I sent her a card today and will wait to see if she responds.

Marcy, I loved the picture of the band you posted and can't wait to see your new ring. I'm so glad others are buying jewelry. Im sorry about your work situation. It's always unsettling when going thru a restructuring but you seem to have a good working relationship with the person in charge. I'm sure this will make the transition easier. Are your employees over the shock yet? I imagine you are being bombarded with questions from them. I bet you are ready for the weekend! Sounds like a good dinner and a nice bottle of wine is in order.

LLJsmom, I'm so glad you decided to keep the ring for your daughter. The diamonds are beautiful and you know she will love having the ring. The bracelet is a tough call. The bangle bracelet is a great idea. You will at least know if it will bother you before making a purchase. It drove me crazy when I wore my bracelets on my right hand while working but I had friends who never gave it a second thought. It all comes down to personal preference.

Kristie, The comment "He whose name must not be mentioned" had me LOL!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick check in. These bracelets are ANNOYING. not painful but gets in the way. Observation: no kinda bangle should be on this wrist.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I can't take it. They OFF!! I think handcuffs would feel like this...

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
The only bracelets which work for me are ones I can wear all the time and don't get in the way of working, computer, sleeping, etc. I usually wear the catches face down where they can't be seen, but I spun them around to show the types of catches which work for me: Lobster claw and safety protected latch. Flexible link styles. These are all 14K. I love the look of bangles but I can't wear them for the reasons you mention. The bangles in your photo look gorgeous. Also included is one of my hairs wrapped around my wrist because I just washed my hair and didn't notice it. :eh:

bracelets6.jpg

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the two on my other wrist. They have to be solid and heavy for me to like them and at least 14K or 18K.

bracs8.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, you are welcome that I ordered some bling. Estimated completion date June 26. Then I’m done buying bling for at least a few months. I swear! Your list of food and hot chocolate for Jimmianne to try in France is making me want to go there. Sadly that would involve a plane ride.

LLJsmom, it’s nice to be among friends who understand my addiction. I am glad you decided to keep your icy white ring. I am sure when you pass it on to your daughter she’ll love it. I love bracelets and bangles but I rarely wear them. I think having a bracelet resting on the desk would bother me. Bangles clang and clank all the time and I have them off by noon. I quit wearing tennis bracelet style because my laptop is brushed aluminum and I kept scratching it up with the bracelet.

Missy, I think my team will have a period of adjustment but it’s going to be good for them. As my new boss said today they are going to sink or swim; this is how we will find out. I am sure your friend saw some incredible birds in Ecuador. I am pretty excited about my band. I paid for it today and the lady at WF sent me an email when they received the payment and said I keep buying her favorite pieces. I love diamond hoops but once your get size in the diamonds the earrings become heavy. That is too bad your large hoops are so heavy. I have often eyeballed the in out hoops but rings and studs always beat them out. Maybe you might think of selling some of the loops you don’t wear and then you’ll have money for new hoops. I hope your headache is better. I am sorry to hear about that lady being rude to your servers. I would hesitate to go out with them again too. How was your favorite bling store? Did you come home with something new?

Jimmianne, I am glad you will have reliable taxi service when you arrive. I hope you had fun at breakfast. Good song to go along with your trip.

Junebug, I am glad your spirits are better today and that’s great your sister will be coming for a week next month. You are very welcome; I remember it all very well. It’s hard for sure. A double halo colored stone ring will be gorgeous! Silly house stuff.

Callie, I am sorry to hear about your friend. I would send her a note to say hi and let her know you are thinking of her. Maybe suggest getting together for a cup of coffee of lunch; something to maybe give her something to do. That is awful how your neighbor treated your landscaper. I just don’t see any need to be nasty to some people. My team seemed better today. I told them we’d get together Monday to cuss and discuss our changes. I think I am going to leave it up to them to figure out how to manage their new tasks.

Sky, very pretty bracelets. I like to wear 2 or 3 thin bracelets together. I sadly haven’t worn them recently. I need to dig them out but I also need to remember to take them off before typing on my laptop.

I sat at my desk today for about 4 hours. My new boss said he is going to get me a double cube with high walls. That will give me more privacy. I worked several hours trying to get my computer set up. I think next week will be interesting.

The sun is out. Woo hoo! Maybe there won’t be any rain tonight.

Have a great weekend.
Marc

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, Part of the problem with the bangles could be because you wrist is so small. I wear bangles all the time on my left wrist but there is no way I could wear them on my right, especially while working. I'm sorry this is turning into a problem. I know how much you want the Cartier bracelet. Can the bracelet your interested in be taken off every night? The big turn off with the Love bracelet for me is I cannot imagine sleeping with a bangle on.

Jumebug, I'm glad you are feeling a little better. It really is true that EVERYTHING seems better after a good night sleep. I hope you have a great weekend with your husband. I'm sure you time with him helps a great deal. Thank you so much for your kind words. You made my day today. How is little Zoe? I love her little face.

Marcy, Your comment about getting together with your employees to cuss and discuss is too funny. It sounds like an after work happy hour may also be needed! When the company I worked for announced we were closing we had many executive meetings after work
(Happy Hours!). On a positive note, it's nice that you will be getting a nicer office out of the deal. Are you feeling better about the work situation today?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Junie, as I type this it is pouring rain at 5:55 AM. :wall: Looks like another washout day. At this point all I can do is be zen about this. We are all healthy and safe and comfortable and enjoying each other's company. That is the best I can hope for and will keep telling myself all is well. How is the weather by you?

We had a lovely time in Lambertville yesterday and the weather warmed up so it was a nice day. I hope you enjoyed the day too and have a fun weekend planned. I'm with Callie. I love sweet Zoe too. There is a stray I am seeing on a more regular basis in our backyard now and I am getting a bit stressed as to what to do. He/she is not friendly and whenever he/she sees me looking at him/her through the glass doors he/she runs away. And that is just me looking at him/her through the house! So it's another cat like Blu and I just don't think I have the energy or strength to go through another kitty rescue let alone be lucky enough again to find a suitable home for a feral kitty. :blackeye: And now all I can think about is that poor sweet homeless kitty freezing with this awful weather and getting soaked by the rain. ;( ;( ;(

I am glad your sister is coming next month to help out. That will be a much needed respite for you and I hope you let her take over so you can get some R&R! (((Hugs))).

Marcy, Sadly I didn't get any bling yesterday. Barbara had some lovely blingy hoops at her store in Lambertville but they were the same exact size as my everyday hoops so I passed on them though the diamonds were a little larger. She showed me a lovely Edwardian pair though and if I hadn't just bought Grace's earrings I would have bought these. I am sort of sad I couldn't get them and I cannot figure out if I like them better than Grace's earrings. I think I might. Why did I rush into getting the OEC/cushion drop earrings from Grace. I always do that. Barbara took a pic of the Edwardian earrings on me just in case I changed my mind. Not the clearest pic but the only one I have of the earrings. Then I took a pic of Greg with Pirate one of the assistant's dogs at the jewelry store yesterday. How sweet is Pirate? :love:

Yay for more privacy in your office. I have never worked in a cubicle type environment and I know I would not like it. Build those higher walls ASAP. :appl:

June 26th woohoo more bling for Marcy! Looking forward to you receiving your lovely ring Marcy. :appl:

LLJsmom, you are so smart to try out similar bracelets and see how it would feel. See I would probably have rushed into buying something I wouldn't be able to wear (like I have done countless times before). You are a smart cookie! And I am sorry the bracelet might not work out but definitely better to find that out now and use that $$$ for bling you can wear and enjoy more often.

Callie, Greg and I are like you and Jeff. We always have refreshments and even food on hand for our workers and always make sure they are comfortable and well taken care of. I just don't get people who don't care or who think they are better than others. It is very aggravating and I don't like to be around people who are not nice and warm and kind so now I have a dilemma because these are people I consider good friends. Her dh is as sweet and generous and kind as can be and J is well a snob. We have always known this but I never saw her be unkind before. Yes I need a break from her so no yacht club for us with them next week. Greg is cool with whatever I decide and he too was distressed by her behavior. Her dh is a saint that is all I can say.

Do you have any weekend plans? How is your new car? Are you loving the smooth ride and the comfortable interior? :love:

Kristie, thanks for the bluefish article. Still waiting to get some local bluefish here. Nothing yet.

As you know that is my favorite ebay seller. The ring is pretty and unusual though I would have trouble with the clarity. Still very lovely. Thanks for sharing it!

Jimmianne, I hope you had a good time with your friends yesterday. I am glad things are all arranged for your trip and that you have reliable taxi service. Very important details and I am glad you are being well taken care of by your friend. I just saw your request about Bea and flower pics. I will see what I can do but I don't see anything happening very soon. Do you know all the years I have been here I have never taken a flower picture with my bling? What kind of PSer am I??? :shock: Perhaps you can make up for me by posting more flower pics with Joy? :cheeky:

Sky, lovely bracelets. I have quite a few bracelets but I rarely wear them. Some of them are beautiful now that I am thinking about it. When we get home from vacation I will have to find them in the safe and decide what might be worthy of wearing again. No matter how much I love bling though I really am a minimalist at heart when it comes to wearing bling.

Ovi, great news! So glad you are doing fantastic girlfriend! Woohoo!!! :dance:

edwardianearringsfrompp.jpg

gregandpirateatpp.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there NIRDIS!

Missy, it's overcast here, but it's warmer. I'm hoping you and Greg can go cycling later on today. I hear you on trying to make the best of a bad situation and count our blessings, look on the bright side, yadda yadda yadda lol - it has helped me get through a rough time or two; in fact I think it helped me snap out of my funk this week…I have to say though, I just can't believe the stretch of bad weather we're having! :knockout:

Glad you had a nice outing to Lambertville! Love the pic of Greg and Pirate. :dance: I'm sorry to hear you're having a little buyers remorse with regard to the Grace earrings, I unfortunately can relate (*cough Tiffany Legacy cough*)…the Grace earrings are gorgeous, but I totally get finding something you think you would enjoy more. Just throwing this out there, but as time goes by and you feel the Grace earrings just aren't' doing it for you, you could give selling them a try. Either through LT, or consignment with Grace. They are beautiful and Grace is a popular vendor. I consider it from time to time with the Legacy ring but I've never sold jewelry before and it does seem to involve some work, which I don't know if I'm up for ha!

Thanks for the nice words about Zoe! She purrs a lot, which I love because I've never had a cat that purrs and the sound is very comforting. I hear you on worrying about strays, I do too. But it's such a big problem, and there's just no way we can save them all. ((((hugs)))).

I agree that it's probably best to take a break from your friend - there's a part of me that wishes she somehow knew her behavior upset you. She's running the risk of losing a very good friend. But I totally get why you don't want to go down that path.

LLJsmom, I'm so sorry your experiment didn't go well! :(( I'm just throwing ideas out there, but maybe while you're at work you could wear it on your left wrist? I do recall you saying you don't like to mix metals, but at least you could enjoy the bracelet at work, and then switch it to your right on your off-hours. Just an idea, you love it so much and I don't want to give up without a fight lol.

Kristie, that is a pretty band! I like how different it is.

Marcy, I'm glad to hear you're getting more space and privacy at work, yay! A new boss is a big adjustment for everyone, I'm hoping your team goes with the flow and adapts to the changes. But I agree, sometimes a change is good and it might make them more motivated and focused, sort of a wake up call.

Calliecake, thanks, I'm glad to be back home for the weekend - although my husband won't be home until Sunday, he had a golf outing this weekend with a few friends in SC. but it's all good, he's been working very hard and the break will be good for him. Although the AC conked out on him, so it was a headache getting it fixed but luckily it was taken care of fairly quickly. My son's band is playing at a local place tonight, so my daughter and I are going so that will be fun. How about you? Any special plans this weekend?

Sky, love your bracelets!! :love:

Well, I guess the time has come to do more than drink coffee and be on the computer ha! I'll check in later, have a good afternoon everyone!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the Edwardian earrings? :love: :love: :love: these are truly smashing. They have presence.

You could post the recent Grace earrings on Preloved and buy these.

Pirate and Greg, lol, good buddies!!! Bob would be zoned out playing with Pirate and I could shop with abandon!
I hope part of my gold band proceeds went to buy Pirate a good steak or chew toy!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JBug, glad to hear your son has a gig tonight!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, do I see that you have 10,000 posts????
Congratulations!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love, love, love the earrings! Can you try to sell the other pair on consignment with Grace. Don't feel bad. I think we all have bought a few things we wish we hand not at one time or another. Pirate is so adorable and looks very much at home having Greg hold him. I completely know where you are coming from with you neighbor. It isn't a good feeling when you realize a friend is not the person you thought she was. There is a huge difference in being high maintenance and being a complete jerk. I apologize for saying that but from what you described she was acting like a jerk. I also think people that are like this miss out on a lot friendships along the way in life. Trust me when I say it will do no good to try to talk to this woman about how she acted. She will try justifying her actions and believe nothing she says will make sense in your mind. I hope your weather improves and you have wonderful weather next week!

Kristie, That band is really pretty. This shop always has pretty things on eBay. I wouldn't be surprised if they are at the Miami show.

Junebug, You will have a great time tonight. One of the young guys I used to work with had played with a rock band on weekends. We used to go watch him and always had so much fun. I can't wait to hear about your night. It's my nieces birthday this weekend so we are getting together with her tomorrow. We talked about going out to dinner tonight but decided to order a pizza instead. I've been working in the yard today and don't feel like getting all fixed up to go out.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Callie:

Your comments about workpeople. Bob and I always have iced coolers full of water, Gatorade and caffinated soft drinks for workers. The bathroom awaits them when they want it. We usually bring lunch in if they are here that long. We tip the workers. In the case of the guy who did the pool rebar and the tile guy, artistes who worked alone, I ordered them whatever theywanted for lunch. Our pool has lasted much, much longer than anyone else's in the neighborhood :sun:

I've been a "workpeople" when I played in jazz combos, rock bands and Top 40 bands. I know what its like to be treated badly and I can tell you that at weddings we were handsomely remunerated ($10-12.5k for the 5 of us). For the peeps who informed us we would be receiving dinners and whatever we wanted to drink, we responded in kind---played on an extra hour if the reception was really raging, took ANY request (assuming the bride/groom were on board with that), let people sing with the band (a superduper UGH for us normally).

If I have a cleaning person who lasts a year with me, I then give a sick day, a vacation day, and an extra day's pay at Christmas and 4th of July.

I come from Irish peasants and French/German common people, we know what hard work is!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MISSY!!!!

:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

it cannot be a coinkydink that you hit your 10-Grand Post AND found those TDF earrings at Park Place!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! It’s Marc here (as I signed my post yesterday).

Callie, I am finally starting on my flowers this weekend. Did you end up having some landscaping done? I hope my double cube with high walls gets built; time will tell. Right now my cube is larger than the cube I use in our office so it’s going to be strange for a while. I did go buy a few office things today. I think the next few weeks will be uncertain but I am sure it will all work out down the road. Have fun celebrating with your niece this weekend.

Missy, rats you are having a lot of rain. I feel your pain with that. Those earrings are very pretty. Dangles. Woo hoo!!! Greg looks great with Pirate. I am not a fan of being in the cube farm so the high walls will help but it doesn’t cut down on the noise. I am going to get some earphones for sure. My team has always needed to be in a locked room so I’ve been lucky and not spent much time in the cube farm. Congratulations on hitting 10K posts.

Junebug, Zoe is a content cat. Sweet. I am hoping my team decides to step up and rise to their new challenges. They are a good team but like all of us need tweaked here and there. It sounds like you will have a fun weekend with your kids.

Kristie, too funny Pirate would distract Bob while you shop for jewelry. I need to find a jewelry store with a driving range or putting green. That is a pretty ring you posted a link too. I must not look at jewelry though. I’m weak.

I did my least favorite task this morning – grocery shopping. Then watched a movie and did a batch of laundry. I met Marty and his golf buddies for a drink and had lunch at the golf course. The guys decided to play 9 more holes of golf so I went to Office Depot and picked up a few things for my cube. This afternoon I pulled my old flowers out of our pots out front. I’ll probably go get flowers in the morning. Marty likes to get them at Lowes but I’d rather get them at a local nursery; they are nicer flowers. They open at 9 am tomorrow so I think I’ll go pick out the flowers and tell Marty he can pick up the soil and whatever he needs at Lowes. Good plan!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, I have always treated everyone doing work at our home the same way and am always surprised when I hear how poorly some people treat others.

Marcy, They are coming in two weeks. The evergreens in the backyard didn't end up looking too bad once the new growth came in. I have decide not to replace them this year. The front yard is a another story. They redid the front yard last year and most of it did not do well so it will have to be replaced. I'm having some of the rose bushes replaced too. They will put mulch down in all the beds and around the evergreens and boxwood around the patio after they plant everything. The landscaper was hoping the evergreen in the front would bounce back but unfortunately that didn't happen. I can't wait until its all done. I love how the yard looks after everything has been freshly mulched. The landscaping crew does a beautiful job every year. What kind of flowers are you planting? Where do you plant them? Flowers can be a lot of work. I used to plant geraniums around the whole patio. It was costly for only being able to enjoy them 3 months out of the year so a few years ago I planted about 30 boxwoods in front of the evergreens and just planted flowers in pots. It really cut down on the watering and work. Not to mention the cost of the plants every year, I agree with you, I always buy my plants at the local nursery they are so much nicer than what I find at Lowes. I wish you lived near me. I planted 18 planters with geraniums and ivy a few weeks ago. I would have made some pots up for you Marcy. They turned out really pretty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Junie, I hope you had a great time last night with your dd hearing your son and his band play. Fun! What kind of music does your son's band play? And can you remind me (sorry I forgot) what instrument your son plays?

I am glad your dh is getting a much needed golf weekend in after all the stressful work/travel and he's coming home today hopefully relaxed and happy so YAY!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts re strays and for trying to help me feel better. I appreciate that. I wish I could just shut my mind off sometimes. With Tommy (our last rescue) I could not stop thinking about him locked up in the basement at work as a mouser and those awful conditions he was living in all by himself too. I cried almost every day over Tommy and though we visited him every Saturday (building was closed on Sunday) it was tearing me apart so I finally convinced the super to let me take him to the vet. And after that the super let me just keep him. Of course that was #4 and that is our cat limit. And Tommy is not feral.

Blu was just an awful experience though it turned out so great (a miracle it all worked out) but I think going through something like that again might put me over the edge. Crying and worrying constantly about his well being, desperately networking for months trying to find a home for feral Blu and the actual trapping was traumatic for him and us. So I hear you and appreciate your thoughts and you are right. I haven't seen him for the last 2 days and I am so hoping he is not a stray and has a loving home but that his owners let him wander. But I doubt it. :((

I love kitties who purr and I agree with you it is very comforting. All our kitties purr but Francesca is a low purrer and not free and easy with her purring so when she purrs audibly it is a real treat. Aren't kitties the sweetest? OMG I wish I could save every single kitty that needed saving. Can you be a crazy cat lady if you are married? :cheeky:

Thanks for your suggestion re consignment or selling the earrings myself but I'm with you. It seems too much trouble and I don't know what I am doing re selling bling. Plus consignment is too costly. I just got these earrings wore them maybe twice so I don't think it would be worth the money to put them on consignment. If they were a more costly item I would consider consignment but for something at this price point it would be probably better to try selling myself. Not sure it is worth the trouble there so I am with you again on that point.

Kristie, Haha I didn't even realize I hit 10K. I guess that must have been yesterday morning and in my rainy fog I didn't notice. :oops: My PS anniversary is June 8th so I guess it is fitting to hit 10K around my anniversary. 7 years wow time flies!

Thank you and I love your and Callie's enthusiasm about the earrings! I do really like Barbara's earrings but I am not sure I like them more than Grace's earrings which I have back home in NY so I cannot even try them on and compare. Good chance Barbara's earrings are gone by now anyway. Their inventory moves pretty fast and they just got back from a buying expedition so no more in the near future. Also, like Junie, I have never sold any bling before and not sure I want to go through the trouble. Timing is everything and I am always going to find bling I think I love more. I have accepted that is the nature of things. Now if a buyer fell into my lap well then I would feel it was meant to be and if B's earrings were still available then it would be a deal. But that's not going to happen so I will wait for the next bling occasion and maybe something fabulous will be available at that time...

Greg did hang out with Pirate for a while while I was gazing at the bling but usually spends most of his time at Barbara's estate jewelry store chatting with the ladies while I explore but really we both spend more time talking than exploring as they are so lovely to chat with there. I missed Toni as she is away for these 2 weeks and she always steers me in the right direction so not sure if she would have pointed these earrings out to me or not. Sometimes she pushes me away from certain pieces and I like that and trust her judgment.

Callie, thank you for your earring excitement LOL. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and based on your and Kristie's thoughts it does give me pause. But as explained above I am not sure which pair I love more so I am sticking with the pair I have mainly because I don't want to go through the hassle of looking for a buyer and I also don't have the earrings at the beach with me so it would have to wait till next week for me to sell anyway and by that time the other earring will be sold for sure.

Thank you also for your comments re my friend J. You are right. Speaking with her is useless. She is the expert on everything and you can never correct her let alone share with her thoughts on less than lovely behavior so I won't. Just need a rest from her for a while but we love her dh and it is a shame. J is not a bad person just sometimes shows poor judgment. They have lived all over the world (France, England, China etc) for work and just came back to the states around 10-11 years ago when they both retired and we were introduced to them by mutual friends at our first beach house. I feel badly painting such a bad picture of her and know it is just one aspect of her personality. She can be a lovely person with this negative trait. But it is a sort of deal breaker trait so I think from now on we will stick to in home entertaining with them because I don't want to hear her talking down to people again.

I am glad your evergreens in the backyard look good. Those pics you sent me are GORGEOUS. It shows how much effort, time and love you put into making your yard beautiful. I am sorry the front yard didn't turn out as you had hoped though and hoping this go around it does turn out successfully.

Hi Marc! (or Curby hehe), how is that tire on the car? Is it A-OK I hope?
Sorry it can be noisy in the cubicle and I hope your headphones do the trick. I think Greg has a pair of noise canceling headphones so perhaps that might be something to explore.

Looking forward to hearing about what type of flowers you are planting and your plans for the yard.

I am glad you got your grocery shopping over with yesterday. We are probably going to do that Monday the next rainy day that is coming so a good way to spend part of that day. I don't hate grocery shopping though sometimes it can be a chore (haha I guess that is why it is referred to as a chore lol).

Stracci, Hi there and thank you for visiting us here. And thanks for the 10K congrats too. Hope you will stay a while and post. We would love your company. :wavey:

Jimmianne, Greg and I watched and LOVED that Hector and the search for happiness movie last night. It was great! I recommend it to all the NIRDIs! Worth watching and thank you so much for your recommendation. :appl:

How many days till France? I know it is VERY soon. I will miss you (a lot) while you are gone but am very thrilled and excited for you to have an amazing time there!

We pulled the day out of the proverbial crapper yesterday and went cycling WOOHOO. We got rained on during the first 2 hours but not much (so we weren't soaking or anything as in rides past haha we are crazy yes) and then went on to have a lovely long ride with the weather cooperating for the most part though on the way back there was a strong headwind but we took an inland route to be able to deal with the winds. We were exhausted when we got back OMG but it was worth it. Did another ride totaling my birth year so YAY. Today looks OK fingers crossed so going to do another long (maybe longer than yesterday if we have the energy and the winds aren't fierce) ride hopefully.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

I am home and feeling like a train ran me over. I woke up at 6:30 and then up for two hours and then back to sleep, now I still feel out of it. I was going to to go to the lake but by now I sort of decided against that unless for a walk later in the afternoon/evening. It is very very hot here, it has been for the last week. I may go out to the yard to lie outside sunbathing or something but stay close to home. I would have loved to swim but maybe next time. I have no energy.

I was emailing you as a group but shoot now I realize that I forgot to add LLJsmom which I will fwd to her, have no email addie for Junie and not sure I sent to your correct addier Jimmianne as I heard from everyone but you. For now I have no energy to go through the thread but will do later in the afternoon and respond as much as I can. I want to know how everyone is of course. Hugs to you all.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

10,000 posts! :clap:
As you know, I :love: your Grace's. The Barbara's are beautiful, yet the Grace's stand out to me with simplicity paired with such personality in the individual stones.

I"m sorry that you are feeling sad for that kitty. Does he look as though he gets enough to eat? I hope he did go home to his owners and was just checking out your place for potential hunting.

I will :wavey: to everyone and then go to work. I am so far behind in having everything ready so I can leave. Tomorrow is going to be weird because it's a day of waiting for the evening flight. We will be in Paris at 11am on Tuesday. It feels surreal.
I have done all my good-girl research and know where every estate jeweler is within a 30 minutes drive from the apt. AND have looked at online inventory & blogs to determine the most appropriate places. It's what has been keeping me sane... What a delightful obsession & so much fun to share.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jimmianne,

How long are you staying in Paris for? Just in case I am really coming too and we decide to have a GTG, if you want.

Missy congrats on the 10 !!!! Go girl! You know how I feel about the Edwardians, very special.

Write more soon girls, I have a lot to do too but feel that I cannot in this horrid heat. Think twice what you ask for.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok missy, I'm thinking you're going to have decent weather today! Fingers crossed :pray: Glad to hear you were able to cycle yesterday.

I think your idea to stick to home entertaining with your friends is a good one - sometimes certain situations just bring out the worst in people and it sounds like you enjoy her company and she has good qualities, so just avoiding eating out with them sounds like a good solution to me at this point.

I re-read my comments about strays, and in hindsight I hope I didn't upset you further :oops: and I'm so sorry if I did - I just wanted to let you know I understand how you feel; sometimes I feel my true intent doesn't come through when I write something so I apologize if I somehow made you feel worse.

I hear you on always running the risk of finding bling that we think we might like more than what we have - I have a good example - there's a cushion diamond halo ring for sale on LT right now, and if I hadn't already done an upgrade I'd be buying it. I can't look at the pics of it any more because I think I like it better than my current ering! - but who knew I'd find something I think I love better several years later - but I do still really like my ering, so I've just tried to put that ring out of my mind. As you said, we are always going to find things we really love during our bling browsing.

And…don't be mad, and I'm not just saying this…but I think I prefer the Grace earrings! Obviously all of this comes down to personal preference, but I love the simple elegance of the Grace earrings. Don't get me wrong, the earrings you tried on are beautiful too of course, I guess the style of the Grace earrings just appeal to me a bit more.

My son's show went well and I thought they sounded great! They play rock and alternative, which I love but I'm not sure it's what is currently popular in the music world - rock seems to be on life support right now…although alternative music seems to most closely resemble it - I'm out of the loop a bit on what is currently popular, I guess pop music and rap? So I guess what I'm saying is the genre of music isn't what some people want to hear, but I was raised on rock and roll so I love it lol. They played at a local bar and it was required they play mostly covers, and I think they sounded great. They've added some variety to their repertoire since I last saw them - Stevie Wonder, the Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jamiroquai, Weezer, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Led Zeppelin, and a few alternative bands I'm not familiar with. They also do original songs, which I really like but I might be biased! My son plays back-up guitar and bass. They were practicing before the show at the house, and I realized he was playing drums at one point because the drummer hadn't shown up yet. He said it was just basic stuff but I thought he sounded good!

And congrats on reaching 10,000 posts, woo-hoo!!!

Calliecake, I hope you had a nice time getting together with your niece - I'm with you, sometimes I just prefer staying in, more relaxing and enjoyable than going through the rigamarole of getting ready and going someplace! Your landscaping and flowers sound so beautiful, your yard must be really lovely.

Jimmianne, I am so excited for you about your trip!!! You will have such a good time, although I'll miss you - but I'm already looking forward to hearing about all your adventures.

Ovi, sorry you are feeling so tired, that can really make for a rough day. I woke up too early today and just couldn't drop back to sleep so I feel pretty out of it myself. And isn't it often the case it's either too hot or too cold?

Marcy, I kinda hate grocery shopping too so I feel your pain. Just so boring and repetitious. You and Callie are inspiring me, I think I'll plant a few flowers too, it always looks so nice when it's done.

My morning coffee has made me ramble on even more than usual! Hope everyone is having a pleasant Sunday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls!

Just got back from a great ride and we are hurting. Remind me why I like cycling so much. :bigsmile:

Greg is building us a new outdoor dining room table with the same material our deck is made of -Epay wood. He picked some more Epay up the other day and has been working on the plans for the table and the benches. Very excited to see how it comes out. Not sure he will be able to finish it before the end of our vacation as it is doubtful since he needs lots of time but at least he is starting it. :appl:

Junie! You did not make me feel worse at all and in fact your words were very comforting honey. Thank you! I am just hopeless when it comes to animals in need and wish I could toughen up because you are right. There is only so much one can do especially with limited space and funds.

I am so glad you had a great time last night at your son's show and it sounds like so much fun going and hearing him play with his band. I love alternative music and also love rock. :appl:
I don't like rap or hip hop very much. Guess I am getting old but it sounds like noise to me.

Thank you for your input re the earrings. I was feeling badly (didn't share it with Greg though he does know I was deciding what to do re Grace's earrings because I loved the pair at Barbara's) and this morning Greg said I want you to have both pairs of earrings. I told him absolutely not but I love how generous and sweet he is because I know he means it and would love for me to get the pair we saw at Barbara's on Friday and he doesn't even like them as much as Grace's pair either. You are right though. We are always going to find something we love and need to have and like more than our other stuff. Such is life and I accept that and am going to be happy with what I do have and stop having such big eyes all the time...well at least I am going to try hehe. 8)

I love your ring Junie and you know I understand what you are feeling and I am sorry you feel that way. I don't know the ring you are referring to on Loupe Troop or else I would comment on it. I took a quick look but cannot seem to find it. HA my powers of search are so pathetic. OK just checked again and maybe I found it and if this is it I way prefer your ring. It looks lower than the color stated (if it is the ring I am thinking of) and AGS I find often overstates the color. IMO. Anyway I LOVE your ER Junie but I totally get sometimes thinking there is another better one out there. LOL it is the PS sickness and we all have it. ::)

Jimmianne, ooh one more day! :appl: :appl: :appl:
hope your chores are going well and you have time to relax and savor the pre trip anticipation.

Ovi, hope you are having a good day!

Hi Callie and Kristie and Marcy and LLJsmom! Just checking in while Greg is doing woodworking and saying hey. Hope your Sunday is going well and that you are enjoying the day. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRIDs!

Callie, your landscaping will be arriving before my band. That’s great your evergreens didn’t need replacing after all. Geraniums are very pretty. They do well here. I have good luck with pansies and petunias too. I think geraniums and ivy look great together so your pots must be really pretty. Do you pick out different colors or stick with one color? My mom had a green thumb; her flowerpots and flowerbeds always looked fabulous. We had 10 assorted size and shaped ceramic flowerpots out front and put our flowers in there. This year I picked up assorted colors of petunias, pansies, impatience, coleus and some tiny little flowers whose name eludes me right now. Marty runs a little drip system through all of them so other than making sure that is working okay the flowers are pretty low maintenance after we plant them. I plan on being more diligent this summer about picking off dead flowers every weekend. Our 2 trees out front (less than 2 years old) look like they are finally getting some leaves. We thought they both were dead.

Missy, you are so good hearted. I am glad you rescued Tommy from such awful conditions. Maybe ask Grace if she’d consider trying to sell your earrings for you; she can no more than say no. I feel bad for your friend’s husband; he must be used to it but I would be embarrassed if Marty was nasty to anyone. I would hope this is something like she don’t realize how they come across to people sometimes but there is simply no excuse for being that snotty to someone. So far my tire is fine. My car isn’t whining it’s underinflated. I went to the post office today and walked my letters inside to mail rather than risk having a curb incident going through the drive up. Woo hoo for getting in a ride yesterday and today. Marty got all the flowers planted and got the little sprinklers going. Luckily my cousin from Michigan called me while Marty was planting so I made it outside in time to help pick up the mess. Greg’s table will be fabulous. How sweet he said he wants you to have both earrings.

Ovi, I hope you had a relaxing day and feel better tomorrow. Sleep well and dream of pretty bling.

Jimmianne, I am so excited for you to begin your trip. How cool you have planned out your estate jewelry shopping already.

Junebug, I think those of us on PS are always going to look and find things we think we’d like better. It’s all so pretty how can we not fall in love with new pieces. I am glad you had fun listening to your son’s band last night. That is really cool! I love having some pretty flowers outside.

I got up about 7. The nursery opened about 9 so I picked up my tray of flowers and came home to work on laundry. I made us a quick lunch and then we were going to plant the flowers. My cousin called me and we talked so long Marty was almost done planting. Good timing by my cousin.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a great Monday.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we should have a NIRDI Bling Sale! thread over in Preloved in late October/early November. I'd be happy to write blurbs for anyone who doesn't want to write a blurb.

We'd draw lots of viewers, I think, for the PS novelty of a group of us having our own little ahem 'garage' sale.

I have several items that are quite nice to contribute, I'm just not finding myself wearing them. Why gather dust?

Give it some thought. I'll see if there is any interest among us in September.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I’m going back a bit. I am sorry your friend was just not being nice to the wait staff. It is probably extra hard for you and Greg b/c you and he are so opposite of that. If it were me, I would just stop going out to eat with them. You are probably too nice to do that, but honestly could not take it. It would embarrass me too much. It’s such a good thing you and Greg tried to make up for their unpleasantness. I am sure your server appreciated the effort. As for the stray, I wonder if it’s just a matter of time before it gets close enough to try to adopt you. ;-) You’ve got such a soft spot for strays. I used to have a cat that was sooo super affectionate. Everytime my DH and I sat next to each other, he would have to squeeze in between. Can you imagine a cat needing that? And the earrings are fabulous, in a daily wear kinda way. Greg and Pirate are super cute.  Totally put a smile on my face.
Marcy, I love your days. You do your thing, and meet Marty later… I wonder if I’ll be able to do that when I retire…
Callie, just hearing about your and Marcy’s backyard plans is soothing. Our back yard is yellow and dead. Our poor plants… This drought is killing CA.  Btw, how are you feeling about the car? And so sorry that people treat people who do manual labor differently than people who don’t. To me, it’s so wrong. Service is service, be it car, laundry, taxes, investment management. It’s an exchange. One provides service while the other provides money. It’s even. I don’t think the person providing the money is doing a favor for the person providing the service. It baffles me what people grab onto to obtain a feeling of superiority.
Ovi, I haven’t received your email. I hope you are ok. I really do. Take all the time you need and do whatever you need to take care of yourself. You deserve it.
Jimmianne, omg, Paris, here I come, right? I’m afraid to let myself go emotionally and mentally about jewelry in Paris… Thank you for taking note of the transportation from the airport. That would be really helpful to us. And I haven’t even thought about it yet, among many things I haven’t dealt with yet. Btw, thanks again for your comments on your bracelet experience. It’s so nice to know I am not the only one that has been torturing herself with cuffs and solid bracelets. I love the look of those wide Paloma Picasso cuffs, and when I put them on, I look completely ridiculous. But that doesn’t stop me from hoping.
Junebug, I know the feeling of obsession. I will share in just a minute. But I wanted to comment on your son’s band. Rock and alternative (which isn’t really alternative) are what’s in. If you don’t already, you should watch “the Voice” and you will get a good feel of what is popular now. His taste in music sounds awesome. Strange, but when a person follows their heart, you never know what they can uncover within themselves…
Kristie, bling sale? I would love to see what you guys don’t wear anymore. I have a very meager collection, and I already find things I don’t wear on a regular basis.
Sky, Hi! Thank you for posting pictures of your bracelets. Your bracelets are lovely. Yes, I am discovering and trying to learn to accept that I will not be able to wear solid bracelets. Unless Cartier makes a full LOVE in 14 cm that can be taken off easily, it’s not gonna happen.
And speaking of bling, I went to VCA. And there ends the story. Just kidding. Essentially, I have given up on the LOVE and the JUC. I find these solid bracelets just too uncomfortable for daily wear. I don't love any link bracelet enough at Cartier so I moved on. So... when I got to VCA, guess what they had in a super small size…the perlee. Wow, I have NEVER seen a solid bracelet that small before. I think it was under 15 cm, maybe 14.5, but if fit pretty much perfectly. The only problem was that it is soooo not my style. So even though perfect fitting, and very pretty, not me. So I went back to a style I had looked at before, the Sweet Alhambra design. Although very beautiful, I find the regular size motifs a little intimidating, so the only one I feel comfortable wearing is the smaller Sweet line. Essentially, I decided on the turquoise butterfly in white gold.

But strangely enough, the white gold one is $1900, $550 more than anything in yellow gold. Go figure. So I did an ebay search, and found one for…wait for it…$1300. And I just bought it today!! I’m so excited. I remember seeing it a couple of years ago, and loved it, but just didn’t go with anything. Now, I think it will look perfect with my tennis bracelet, or by itself on my right hand. So I have been obsessing over this bracelet. I could barely sleep at night cause I wanted to finalize the purchase on ebay. I should receive it this week. This will be my first VCA piece!
Thank you all for being so patient with my craziness, and my obsession, and for sharing all your thoughts and opinions with me. I truly value all your different perspectives.
Maybe tonight I’ll be able to get some sleep. ;-) I can’t wait to receive it so I can post pictures for you all. I’m already planning another little one to wear on my right wrist!

van-cleef-arpels-sweet-alhambra-butterfly-bracelet-white-gold.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom :appl: you have your bracelet! and it's beautiful. I love the pretty turquoise butterfly with white gold - - - & good for you, finding this one. After considering all the solid pieces that would weigh you down, you found something with wings that would lift you up. Yay! I'm sorry I'll be away so I won't be able to share in the anticipation, but I hope it arrives very soon.

I am briefly lurking. Could not sleep, and worried about lack of sleep over the next 24 hours turning me into a basket case. Positive thoughts...positive thoughts. I spent a pleasant hour yesterday learning the Metro routes to several jewelers. What a learning curve - but by mapping things out & researching, I'm learning more about the city and getting more of a feel for the language, etc.

This is getting me excited about a NYC GTG. Missy, perhaps you can help us with our NYese so we don't sound/act like tourists...[ I was on a bus in NYC that got cut-off by a car. Someone said - what can you expect - it's an out-of-towner! Someone replied - no, it was Jersey plates...and the first person said - yeh, that's what I meant. lol]

I still have to get horse feed and go to the bank. Maybe after that I'll take a nap. Still have not decided what jewelry to take/wear but probably just one silver Tif. ring and my tiniest diamond studs & JA dangles. Oh - I have a terrible photo of the JA's - a mirror selfie taken in the ladies room after a massage, but it shows how even a .12 has that happy spark. These are the earrings I get compliments on.[!] But Missy, you are inspiring me to greater ear bling! I'm going to look for some on my trip.
I wish you were all coming with me.

img_7637_0.jpg

AZ, I love your idea of a NIRDI garage sale!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I am jumping up and down with excitement for your trip this evening! :dance: I hear you on running on adrenalin with part nervousness and part excitement and if you can take a nap later that would be great. But if you find you cannot don't stress. It will all work itself out and it won't kill you to miss some sleep. Are you taking any sleeping pills or tranquilizing meds with you for the flight? I know you will have a marvelous trip and I just want you to know I am sending safe flight vibes and great trip dust your way!!! I will miss you but am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

In the meantime I will be sending huge amounts of happy and safe trip ***DUST*** your and your dd's way. Hugs and love too. :appl: :wavey:

Haha about the out of towners being from NJ LOL so true. Don't worry girls, you will fit right in I promise. Anything goes in NY and hardly anyone is really a local anymore anyway. But you will be with a true NYer Brookynite and as you know Brooklyn is hot these days so you are all cool. 8-)

And I love the earrings you posted. Classic elegance and quiet sophistication. :love:

Kristie, I love the idea of a NIRDI garage sale. I have so much bling I don't wear and haven't for years. As you realize by now I am an earring ho (hehe sounds funny) and have lots of pretty earrings that I cannot wear anymore because of weight. One of my very favorite but unwearable pairs are from PP in Lambertville that I got over 10 years ago and they cost me a pretty penny let me tell you for earrings (over 6K). Very blingy very heavy pave hoops. Not sure I would even be able to get near half what I paid though so not sure if I would part with them.

However I have other pieces and you might be able to count me in on the garage sale. Though I do have trouble parting with my bling even those pieces I don't wear and have never sold anything bling before. Of course Sept will be too late for those lovely Edwardian earrings from PP but I have a feeling they are gone already anyway. :((

LLJsmom, I LOVE your new bracelet and I am very impressed you did all that leg work to see what would suit you and your lifestyle best. As I wrote before you are a smart cookie and I am going to come to you for advice before I spend more $$$ on any bling. Beautiful bracelet :love: and a great deal and cannot wait to see it on your beautiful delicate wrist!

Thank you for those kind comments but Greg would kill me if I added a 5th kitty to our family. With the going back and forth from NY to NJ it is difficult as it is with 4 getting them in and out of their carriers back and forth in the car with occasional vomiting and meowing sometimes the whole trip. You can imagine haha. So because I love and value Greg I will have to put him above the need for more kitties but believe me I have lots of room in my heart for more furbabies!

And you are totally right about our friend J. We will see how it goes and if we try going out with them again. It will be a long while though so perhaps giving it a break will help. I was embarrassed by her behavior but I think the wait staff realized she was difficult but we were very sorry about her behavior and hopefully that made things better for them.

Marcy, thank you for those lovely sentiments but I am not any more good hearted than any of the NIRDIs. I think that's why we all gravitated together here. We are all warm and loving individuals with lots of empathy.

I am glad to hear your car is running well with inflated tires at just the right amount! Haha yes good timing for your cousin's call and glad Marty enjoyed most of the planting. :bigsmile: I hope all the planting turns out beautifully and glad the trees you thought were gone are alive!

Have a good Monday. Hope it goes smoothly and the new boss realizes how valuable and amazing you are!!!

Callie, Junie hope you enjoyed a great rest of the weekend and have a good Monday! Hope to see you girls later. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Bon Voyage, cher Jimmianne! Don't worry, you won't feel tired until you get off the last plane coming home, THEN you'll feel tired!!!

I have a feeling this may start you on a travel jones that could overshadow the BlingThing!!!! :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results