carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Sharon, I am very sorry things have been challenging lately and I know you are not one to discuss very personal matters here but I just want to say I am thinking of you and hoping things improve very soon. I am sending lots of PS NIRDI ***DUST*** your way. NIRDI dust is the most special type of PS dust and is making its PS debut today with you so you are getting it fresh off production. (((Hugs))).

Marcy, I love those bezel drop earrings and wish the price was more in line with the studs so you could get the drops. I am partial however to dangles as I really don't wear my diamond studs at all. I like the feel and look of a dangle earring however I love the way diamond studs look on others and emerald cut diamond studs will look amazing on you I know. Either way I look forward to seeing what you choose.

Haha I remember Sun In. Never used it as I had very dark hair when I was younger but OMG I do remember it and goodness knows what was in it. Nothing good I am sure. :knockout:

Yes I do crave some of the foods I should not be eating. I love peanut butter, I love ice cream and I love cheese and I love chocolate to name a few of the verboten foods. ;(

Kristie, I am so relieved Finn is back to himself and doing well. Please give Finn and Maggie a bunch of kisses and hugs from me and their Uncle Greg.
And woohoo on your knee and being able to take the steps in the pool as you did pre-accident!!!! I am proud of you girlfriend! You go NIRDI girl!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

My mom is doing fine with her knee thanks for asking and I am really not sure how often she is going to PT. She had hip surgery (second hip replacement as first one was more than a decade ago) not knee surgery because the surgeons determined that it was the original hip replacement that was causing the pain unless I am remembering this all wrong. I am very sleepy this morning and woke up a bit late too so I am sort of rushing but want to respond to all my NIRDI girlfriends!

I know my mom went once last week to PT so I am fairly confident she is not going enough. Both my parents are very stubborn and we did get them that recumbent bicycle which I wonder how often if at all it is being used. ::) My dad had a bad upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago so I know that's why he hadn't used the bike and well not sure about my mom but I got tired of asking.

The main issue with my mom is she has a dropped foot from an accident a few years ago that caused nerve damage. Either that or the nerve damage was from the surgery and subsequent embolus that developed and caused very serious complications- they really don't know but it was a very bad situation for many many months.

She kept bleeding and the original surgeon kept saying it would get better but it never did and finally after my sister and I were talking ourselves blue to get her to go for a second opinion she did and needed another operation with 2 different surgeons doing different surgeries the same day in the same OR. The neglect from the first surgeon caused a lot of damage but my parents are not suing. They are not built that way and are not interested in suing.

So the new surgeons had to do a double surgery as soon as she was strong enough a few years ago after the botched original surgery and subsequent neglect from the original surgeon. And one of those new surgeons ended up being my surgeon this past July. Small world haha. But not funny because she could have lost her leg.

My mom and dad loved both of the surgeons who fixed her leg and they did an amazing job. It was very very bad and anyway she ended up with a dropped foot so she doesn't walk normally. She's been through hell and back and honestly that explains why she is often in not the best of moods many days. She still has pain but not so much from that hip and her knees on but from health issues RA for one. Anyway she does need knee surgery on the other (dropped foot) leg but she is refusing to have it done. See what we are dealing with when it comes to my mom?

Sorry for such a looong answer to your simple straightforward question Kristie. But you already know me so I know you are not surprised haha.

LLJsmom, thanks for that info re your hair color. I am interested in what you are using. I too would like to just allow myself to go gray but I know I am not brave enough to do that. In conjunction with my skin I think the gray might put me over the edge. But I would love not dealing with that hassle, expense and damage. My hair is very fine and I have to wash and condition it every day. I tried not washing it every day a few different time periods in my life and it just doesn't work out. The one plus is I don't blow dry usually unless it is winter and I have to go outside before my hair is almost dry and then I blow it with a quick gentle diffuser. I think if I was more gray it might be easier to just go all grey but this piecemeal thing is not a look I like.

Sorry to say I'm with your daughter and I don't love those hammer pants. But take what I say with a grain of salt as I am officially old. :wink2:

Callie, thank you for all that hair info. Wow hot curlers and all that work on your hair while you were working full time. Too much energy. When I was in my 20's and 30's I also did a lot to my hair unlike now. I shampooed and conditioned every day (that I still do) and blew it straight every single day. That I do not do anymore ever. I did that for so long though and we know how damaging that was. Remember the yellow bird hairdryer? I used that on high to blow it straight every day. So glad those days are over. It took so much energy but I had a lot more energy those days anyway lol.

Yeah neighbors can be a hoot. I saw a pic on the security camera and Julio has to plant something else as there is still a space. Am I terrible that I want privacy in the backyard? I mean there is no such thing as absolute privacy as if you remember the configuration we are all open and that is for the water view but still I need some shelter from the neighbors prying eyes yanno? Our other neighbors on the other side of us never bother us at all and in fact I didn't plant as much blocking them as I am with these nosy neighbors who are always outside anyway so too bad is right. Good fences do make good neighbors and when you want something prettier good trees can do the trick too. Just don't want to start any feuds or anything because they are our neighbors and that would be even more unpleasant. I know they are not happy with the trees but I also know we are not doing anything wrong and he seemed pleasant on the phone with Greg yesterday AM but we shall see how it goes. I want peace and privacy. Not so much to ask for right?

Junebug, Wishing you a safe flight and trip and hoping it turns out the way you want it to! Sending lots of good thoughts and NIRDI dust your way. And that gorgeous pear halo ring will be waiting for you upon your return. Perfect for Mother's Day!

Jimmianne, so glad yesterday was a success at the orthodontist's office. YAY for blingfests in the more unexpected places. :appl: What a great office. Makes me think I would get braces now (need them on my bottom teeth but I am not even thinking of doing them not at all) if we had an office like that where we live. Amazing. I hear you on the second guessing but your new band is so beautiful. Are you having second thoughts? If you are it's OK of course because you want to be sure. Any new Tiff pics to share with us? :love:

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the day! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Sharon, I am very sorry things have been challenging lately and I know you are not one to discuss very personal matters here but I just want to say I am thinking of you and hoping things improve very soon. I am sending lots of PS NIRDI ***DUST*** your way. NIRDI dust is the most special type of PS dust and is making its PS debut today with you so you are getting it fresh off production. (((Hugs))).

Marcy, I love those bezel drop earrings and wish the price was more in line with the studs so you could get the drops. I am partial however to dangles as I really don't wear my diamond studs at all. I like the feel and look of a dangle earring however I love the way diamond studs look on others and emerald cut diamond studs will look amazing on you I know. Either way I look forward to seeing what you choose.

Haha I remember Sun In. Never used it as I had very dark hair when I was younger but OMG I do remember it and goodness knows what was in it. Nothing good I am sure. :knockout:

Yes I do crave some of the foods I should not be eating. I love peanut butter, I love ice cream and I love cheese and I love chocolate to name a few of the verboten foods. ;(

Kristie, I am so relieved Finn is back to himself and doing well. Please give Finn and Maggie a bunch of kisses and hugs from me and their Uncle Greg.
And woohoo on your knee and being able to take the steps in the pool as you did pre-accident!!!! I am proud of you girlfriend! You go NIRDI girl!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

My mom is doing fine with her knee thanks for asking and I am really not sure how often she is going to PT. She had hip surgery (second hip replacement as first one was more than a decade ago) not knee surgery because the surgeons determined that it was the original hip replacement that was causing the pain unless I am remembering this all wrong. I am very sleepy this morning and woke up a bit late too so I am sort of rushing but want to respond to all my NIRDI girlfriends!

I know my mom went once last week to PT so I am fairly confident she is not going enough. Both my parents are very stubborn and we did get them that recumbent bicycle which I wonder how often if at all it is being used. ::) My dad had a bad upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago so I know that's why he hadn't used the bike and well not sure about my mom but I got tired of asking.

The main issue with my mom is she has a dropped foot from an accident a few years ago that caused nerve damage. Either that or the nerve damage was from the surgery and subsequent embolus that developed and caused very serious complications- they really don't know but it was a very bad situation for many many months.

She kept bleeding and the original surgeon kept saying it would get better but it never did and finally after my sister and I were talking ourselves blue to get her to go for a second opinion she did and needed another operation with 2 different surgeons doing different surgeries the same day in the same OR. The neglect from the first surgeon caused a lot of damage but my parents are not suing. They are not built that way and are not interested in suing.

So the new surgeons had to do a double surgery as soon as she was strong enough a few years ago after the botched original surgery and subsequent neglect from the original surgeon. And one of those new surgeons ended up being my surgeon this past July. Small world haha. But not funny because she could have lost her leg.

My mom and dad loved both of the surgeons who fixed her leg and they did an amazing job. It was very very bad and anyway she ended up with a dropped foot so she doesn't walk normally. She's been through hell and back and honestly that explains why she is often in not the best of moods many days. She still has pain but not so much from that hip and her knees on but from health issues RA for one. Anyway she does need knee surgery on the other (dropped foot) leg but she is refusing to have it done. See what we are dealing with when it comes to my mom?

Sorry for such a looong answer to your simple straightforward question Kristie. But you already know me so I know you are not surprised haha.

LLJsmom, thanks for that info re your hair color. I am interested in what you are using. I too would like to just allow myself to go gray but I know I am not brave enough to do that. In conjunction with my skin I think the gray might put me over the edge. But I would love not dealing with that hassle, expense and damage. My hair is very fine and I have to wash and condition it every day. I tried not washing it every day a few different time periods in my life and it just doesn't work out. The one plus is I don't blow dry usually unless it is winter and I have to go outside before my hair is almost dry and then I blow it with a quick gentle diffuser. I think if I was more gray it might be easier to just go all grey but this piecemeal thing is not a look I like.

Sorry to say I'm with your daughter and I don't love those hammer pants. But take what I say with a grain of salt as I am officially old. :wink2:

Callie, thank you for all that hair info. Wow hot curlers and all that work on your hair while you were working full time. Too much energy. When I was in my 20's and 30's I also did a lot to my hair unlike now. I shampooed and conditioned every day (that I still do) and blew it straight every single day. That I do not do anymore ever. I did that for so long though and we know how damaging that was. Remember the yellow bird hairdryer? I used that on high to blow it straight every day. So glad those days are over. It took so much energy but I had a lot more energy those days anyway lol.

Yeah neighbors can be a hoot. I saw a pic on the security camera and Julio has to plant something else as there is still a space. Am I terrible that I want privacy in the backyard? I mean there is no such thing as absolute privacy as if you remember the configuration we are all open and that is for the water view but still I need some shelter from the neighbors prying eyes yanno? Our other neighbors on the other side of us never bother us at all and in fact I didn't plant as much blocking them as I am with these nosy neighbors who are always outside anyway so too bad is right. Good fences do make good neighbors and when you want something prettier good trees can do the trick too. Just don't want to start any feuds or anything because they are our neighbors and that would be even more unpleasant. I know they are not happy with the trees but I also know we are not doing anything wrong and he seemed pleasant on the phone with Greg yesterday AM but we shall see how it goes. I want peace and privacy. Not so much to ask for right?

Junebug, Wishing you a safe flight and trip and hoping it turns out the way you want it to! Sending lots of good thoughts and NIRDI dust your way. And that gorgeous pear halo ring will be waiting for you upon your return. Perfect for Mother's Day!

Jimmianne, so glad yesterday was a success at the orthodontist's office. YAY for blingfests in the more unexpected places. :appl: What a great office. Makes me think I would get braces now (need them on my bottom teeth but I am not even thinking of doing them not at all) if we had an office like that where we live. Amazing. I hear you on the second guessing but your new band is so beautiful. Are you having second thoughts? If you are it's OK of course because you want to be sure. Any new Tiff pics to share with us? :love:

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the day! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents were very stubborn too! After her heart surgery my Mom would not even rest with her legs up, and she hid the treadmill in a closet. duh! I used to get so mad at her : ) just gotta love 'em "as is", huh.

On pins and needles here waiting for your ring, Junebug. I want to see that beautiful thing on your hand!

oh! ps... I GOT MY PASSPORT yesterday. woo-hoo!
How do they manage to make the photos so incredibly awful. It doesn't look anything like me, so I'm not sure what the point of the photo is :confused:

Smiley Thursday, NIRDIs. mwah!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, You know I could not agree more with you on wanting privacy. We planted clump pear and crab apple trees (the branches go very close to the co ground and all the way up) all the way down the back side of the yard the awful neighbors lived. It was all in an effort to block the view of their unkept yard. It also worked perfectly. The trees all grew together and looks especially lovely in the spring when they all bloom white flowers. One of the reason we did this was the neighbor had stared throwing their trash out there. I believe they thought they were making compost. The would throw half of heads of lettuce, tomatoes, grapefruits, oranges and onion peels and raw eggs and shells out on top of the soil. It looked atrocious and attracted many Raccons. Another reason was our kitchen sink window looked out at their patio. The woman next door thought it was a great idea to sun bathe spread eagle in her swim suit, on her picnic table. My husband walked in the kitchen one Saturday and told me to go pick out all the trees needed to block the view. I was at the nursery within an hour with everything set for delivery the following week. Believe me when I say the trash on the lawn wasn't the worst view. The trees were the best thing I ever did. We mulched the whole area and planted rose knock out in front of the trees. Toward the back of the yard we planted evergreens so I would have something nice to look at during the winter when it snowed. There is a whole line of trees and evergreens on that side of the yard. My neighbors on the other side kept there yard like a park so we did very little there until they moved. Now I have a few trees and lots of roses on that side. I figure I will have everything just the way I want it the year before we sell the house. We are not allowed fences in our neighborhood and I think the landscaping is a beautiful way to achieve privacy. Buy a lot of trees Missy. I have 4 crabapple trees, 6 pear trees, 6 evergreens and a very large Maple tree along that side. The whole backyard side is completely blocked, with the exception of the burnt evergreen!

Marcy, Of course I remember Sun In. Every blond girl in our age group probably remembers Sun In. I have dark hair so I never used it. A dark haired girlfriend tried it and her hair turned Orange. All my blond haired friends used it and I don't remember their hair turning orange. But it did make their hair look like straw. It dried their hair out something awful. If you had any brown in your hair at all it definately ended up bright orange. I seriously think it was just bleach in a bottle. I love your new earring ideas although I was kind of hoping to see the dangle earrings too. I know I would get more use out of studs though. Do you feel you would wear studs more often then dangly earrings if the costs were the same? I can wait to see ear shots and know they will look beautiful on you. I want to come play in your jewelry box! I'll bring Freakshow and Kristie with me!

Junebug, I am so disappointed we don't get to see the ring today. I hope all goes well today and you fall in love with the beach house!

Jimmianne and Kristie, What are you up to today? Congrats on the passport Jimmianne. You could not be more correct about passport pictures. They are awful!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Believe me when I say the trash on the lawn wasn't the worst view".

:lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonjour, Jimmianne! Comment allez vous?

Let's teach Puff some words in French!!!! I can think of a few, bwahahahaha!

Finn and Maggie send their very best regards to their NIRDI aunties and also to uncle Greg, hahaha :wavey: Finn, well he just keeps on, keepin' on. HRH Maggie is still running things here, Finn and Bob and I are her loyal minions :cheeky:

Missy, your folks (and you and your sis by extension) have been through the freakin' wringer of parents' healthcare crises. I cannot believe what your mom had to go through with the leg, for crying out loud. See, this is why I fear surgery and doctors. I know there are outstanding docs out there but weeding out the bad ones, its about impossible. No one talks about them. They just keep screwing up and going on with that. I used to pick out my docs by paying attention to which docs the OTHER doctors went to. I want to let you know that some of the best doctors where I worked experienced the same shocking crappy treatment similar to your mom and other patients, its like they don't even take better care of each other, that's how grim our medical care in the US is now. I always thought I'd have had a boob lift by now but after 9 years of seeing the success/failure rate of that surgery I just decided to accept what I've got.

Junie, dying to see pics, next week I hope! Its going to be awhile til I'm blinging up again so I have to live vicariously through the rest of us!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I did a spit take on the neighbor's sunbathing habits and Jeff's reaction and you RUNNING to the nursery before all the words were out of Jeff's mouth!

We have some *$%#@& people on my street. They do stuff that causes me to think: How much do I have to spend on my house in order to NEVER have to see/hear THAT?

Bob always tells me that stupidity transcends economics----that even if we bought the most expensive home we possibly could, there would still be some YAHOOOO throwing out their half-eaten food into the yard.

He's right. I hate when he's right!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1431017819|3873486 said:

It's easy for you to laugh Jimmianne. You didn't have to see that view! My husband walked in the kitchen to get some lunch and shouted "well that ruined my appetite ". I had been begging for more trees and before he saw that view his answer had been no. Funny how that view changed everything!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ha.

that's awful, but I'm laughing. sorry.
What is wrong with people?!?!?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Living in Alaska was an interesting experience in the "Live and Let Live" philosophy so widespread in the West and also in DON"T DO THAT! LOL.

When people in Alaska aren't METICULOUS with their garbage, the neighbors go beserko (attracting and creating garbage bears) and if you don't clean up your act (literally) then Fish & Game fines the holy living $#IT out of you every time they see unsecured or open garbage. You'd wind up in the crime log of the newspaper and on the local evening news. People talked about you at Costco in line. Peer pressure in small communities can accomplish a LOT.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne and Kristie, The funny thing was as my husband was telling the story to our neighbors at dinner that night, his friend was shocked and said there isn't enough alcohol to get that picture out of your head. I honestly don't know what she was thinking when she thought that was a good place to sun bathe. All I can say is she wanted attention. I almost felt sorry for her that day. I'm just happy they moved years ago.

Kristie, Bears would scare the daylights out of me. Racoons are bad enough!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, You need to check out the Mrs Box thread over in "show Me The Bling". FussyKiki made her own Mrs Box ring box. It turned out fantastic. Now if only we could get her take orders for the boxes. I would love to be her first customer! What a great gift idea for my favorite NIRDI's. Sorry Jimmianne, I'm stealing your idea but If she sells them I promise one will be in your future!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1431018295|3873495 said:
Jimmianne|1431017819|3873486 said:

It's easy for you to laugh Jimmianne. You didn't have to see that view! My husband walked in the kitchen to get some lunch and shouted "well that ruined my appetite ". I had been begging for more trees and before he saw that view his answer had been no. Funny how that view changed everything!

OMG Believe me I feel your pain Callie. ;( These neighbors I am talking about have a hot tub in their backyard and while we have a fence in that area of the backyard I unfortunately catch glimpses of them in their bathing suits as they do tend to walk around in their bathing suits. Not a good sight and no need to go into detail. Let's just say most of us look better clothed (me included) and leave it at that and that is just another reason I need my privacy screen. To not have to look at them almost as much as I don't want people snooping on us. :snooty:

Haha but it is a funny story Callie. Thanks for sharing it and glad you married a man with good common sense. There is not enough foliage to get some images out of our heads. :nono: :bigsmile:

azstonie said:
Bonjour, Jimmianne! Comment allez vous?

Let's teach Puff some words in French!!!! I can think of a few, bwahahahaha!

Finn and Maggie send their very best regards to their NIRDI aunties and also to uncle Greg, hahaha :wavey: Finn, well he just keeps on, keepin' on. HRH Maggie is still running things here, Finn and Bob and I are her loyal minions :cheeky:

Missy, your folks (and you and your sis by extension) have been through the freakin' wringer of parents' healthcare crises. I cannot believe what your mom had to go through with the leg, for crying out loud. See, this is why I fear surgery and doctors. I know there are outstanding docs out there but weeding out the bad ones, its about impossible. No one talks about them. They just keep screwing up and going on with that. I used to pick out my docs by paying attention to which docs the OTHER doctors went to. I want to let you know that some of the best doctors where I worked experienced the same shocking crappy treatment similar to your mom and other patients, its like they don't even take better care of each other, that's how grim our medical care in the US is now. I always thought I'd have had a boob lift by now but after 9 years of seeing the success/failure rate of that surgery I just decided to accept what I've got.

Junie, dying to see pics, next week I hope! Its going to be awhile til I'm blinging up again so I have to live vicariously through the rest of us!

I hear you Kristie and that is also why I would never chose to do any elective surgery. For me, the only surgery I will ever do is one where I have no choice and it is a big quality of life issue. Boob lift, tush lift (lol) no thanks. Face lift, nose job, etc no thanks. Even no to Botox (I know too much) and fillers. I will live with my face and body as is and avoid the possibility of making things worse. ::)

Marcy, so excited for you! EC studs!!! Woohoo! When are they due?

Junie, hope you arrived safely and are having a great time and that you guys LOVE the beach house. :appl:

Jimmianne, YAY on passport arrival! And yeah what the heck do they do to our photos. My photo makes me look just horrible and somehow my face looks to be 1000 lbs LOL. Fortunately I never travel these days so I don't need to use it haha.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, when I was a college kid in CA, my girlfriends and I equated "hot tub" with fat, outta shape pervert guys :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Kristie, we are on the same watery page. :cheeky:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hearing "I have a hot tub!" on a first date guaranteed no second date!!!!!#

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're killing me Kristie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad everyone feels like I do about hot tubs. I almost died when my nieces jumped in one while we were all staying at hotel. I'm standing there telling them Out, Out, Out! They completely understand why now! It was a comical trip. I was dealing with the girls them while my husband and 7 year old nephew were in an elevator with all the red hat old women. My nephew came running over to tell me there were old ladies after my man! Don't ever stay at a hotel while a Red Hat convention is going on.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1431033374|3873612 said:
Missy, when I was a college kid in CA, my girlfriends and I equated "hot tub" with fat, outta shape pervert guys :lol:

Lordy. I had a good laugh...just before I cut my wrist.

Thanks for the NIRDI dust, MIssy, because I suspect it prevented my bleed out.

I was on my deck, sitting on a chair, fully clothed, reading the latest in noninvasive treatments for aging faces when I tried the fragrance offering in the magazine on the left hand side where they always fold out and I promptly cut my wrist: NO kidding..... Paper cuts are the worst...large paper cut no less.

Send me more dust given my last run on sentence is tantamount to a paper cut.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, more bucket loads of PS NIRDI ***DUST*** coming your way with lots of (((Hugs))).

Paper cuts are the worse. Ouch. :knockout:
Do you have any Avene Cicalfate around? It heals paper cuts pretty quickly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1431041094|3873663 said:
Sharon, more bucket loads of PS NIRDI ***DUST*** coming your way with lots of (((Hugs))).

Paper cuts are the worse. Ouch. :knockout:
Do you have any Avene Cicalfate around? It heals paper cuts pretty quickly.

Missy--I don't have that product but thanks for the suggestion. I rarely need Band-Aids or Fucidin ointment but used both today. I cannot believe I have a paper cut, on my wrist, an inch ( app .5 cm) long! eyeyiyi

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I love dangles but I tend to wear studs most of the time. I think dangles look great on people. I usually don’t want to spend a lot of money on earrings; I’d rather spend it on rings so maybe that is why I mostly wear studs. It is cruel that we crave things we can’t eat. That’s too bad your parents may not be using the bike you bought them; hopefully they use it more than you think. I am so sorry to hear everything your mom has been through. Poor lady! I am glad she found some good surgeons to help her. She is a very strong lady to go through all of that. That is where you get your strength; you come from good people.

Jimmianne, my parents were very stubborn too; they just kept living their life every day and they weren’t about to change. My passport photo is awful too. It’s weird they don’t want you to smile. I am glad you got your passport already.

Callie, good idea to create a natural wall to block your neighbors; it certainly sounds like the view is better without them or their trash visible from your window or yard. That Sun In really dried my hair out too; but not as bad what bleaching my hair to get rid of the orange. That really trashed my hair. I honestly wear studs most of the time so I know I’ll enjoy the EC studs. I hope to get those dangles made sometime in a colored stone. I can try to match up one of my rings. You and Kristie can show up anytime – with or without Freakshow. Our wine rack looks pretty full right now.

Kristie, I am so excited. I can answer your question to Jimmianne. Je suis bien. Glad Maggie is running the show and you, Bob and Finn understand that. Hugs to Finn! I agree with you on doctors; it is hard to find a good doctor and I’d say it’s pretty important to have a good doctor. My BIL and tell everyone when they suggest we see a doctor about something that one thing sick people have in common is going to the doctor so hence we stay away. Ha! I absolutely love Bob’s sentiment that stupidity transcends economics. That’s fabulous! That’s great Alaska takes care of slobs like that. As for “Hot Tub” that is too funny.

Sharon, PS NIRDI dust coming your way. Ouch to a big paper cut. I hope it gets better soon.

The highlight of my day was wiring money to Whiteflash for my emerald cut studs. They didn’t have an estimated ship date on my order. The diamonds will get to them tomorrow and they said I’d get my images ASAP.

Here is a link to the 2 diamonds: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3378699,3379038

Tomorrow is Friday. Sweet!

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone! :wavey:

Missy, I didn't realize your mother has been through so much, these past years must have been really hard for her. I'm sorry she's refusing to have the surgery and I hope she reconsiders.

I'm with you on no elective surgery, I just don't think it's worth the risks. And I can barely keep up with needed medical check-ups as it is!

I totally understand your need for privacy, I feel the same way! I think trees are a beautiful way to provide some privacy, much nicer than a fence. And I agree you aren't doing anything wrong at all. I'm sure they'll be fine with it...and if not, oh well. Gee, I'm getting tough in my old age ha!

Calliecake, very funny story about your neighbor's sun bathing habits!

Kristie, lol about creepy guys and hot tubs!

Jimmianne, I'm ashamed to admit this but I think I cried a little when I saw my passport photo. I kid you not - it was horrible. I kept thinking "I can't actually look like this...but what if I do?!?!" I know I'm sounding vain but I'm telling you that picture was downright scary. I was so upset my husband suggested getting another one. I did, and the second one was a little better, though not by much. At least I didn't feel like bawling my eyes out when I looked at it. Reminds me of that "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy and Ethel keep getting passport photos retaken because they hate them and they end up with hundreds of pictures all over the apartment lol!

Marcy, I'm so excited about your EC diamonds!!! I can't wait for you to get them!

Sharon, I'm sorry about your paper cut! They're really painful. Hope it heals up quickly for you.

Having a nice time so far - weather's not great but we went out for a nice dinner and I ate too much lol! Will be checking out the houses tomorrow so I'll check in and let you know how it went.

Haven't heard from DBL yet - I guess I'll call Monday if I don't hear from him by then.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie!, I know you are busy but if you have a moment call David today. Believe me it is worth a minute to find out where he is with the ring. You want it shipped so you have it when you return tomorrow! It's Mother's Day this weekend and we want you to have that pear ring. All he had to do was size it! Sorry if my enthusiasm is getting out of control for your project but it has been sufficient time and he should communicate with you.

Thank you for understanding my need for privacy. Our neighbors make us feel like we are wrong to want that. Seriously they are ridiculous but we have to get along with them and sometimes they can be nice. Though I have to say they showed their true colors when I broke my leg. Months passed before they even acknowledged it and then the wife wrote me a Facebook message on my bday wishing me the best and hoping I return soon to the beach. HA. One message months after and on Facebook at that. Sad and it actually made me glad because it cemented in the fact that they do what is good for them without any care for anyone else. I mean if she had broken her leg I would have been calling and sending her at least a card and saying if there was anything I could do etc. But that's me and Greg always says you cannot put your expectations onto others. However it was good to see how obviously they care so little about a neighbor when they were always talking about being good neighbors. As HRH Francesca would say, Harrumph. :wink2:

My passport photo was that bad too but I just didn't want to redo it realizing it would have come out as bad. I just don't do well with those photos. My driver's license isn't good either however it is not as atrocious as my passport photo. I should share the pic here but I have enough unflattering pics floating around here lol. Greg OTOH looks like a model in both his driver's license pic and passport pic haha. Life is so fair. :rolleyes: :cheeky:

Sorry the weather is less than great but glad you are enjoying yourselves and the time away. Today is the day you check out the house! So excited and keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! :pray:

Marcy, your emerald studs are going to look beautiful. Most people find studs more versatile than any other earring types. I am weird that way. I don't know what possessed me to purchase those diamond stud earrings a few years ago but I did and have worn them maybe twice. For me dangles always win. I like the feel of them gently moving and they are just more visible on me. But as I said you made the right choice. It was a smart purchase and I know you will be wearing these a lot. I love the fact that they are different than the more usual round studs. Emerald cut diamond studs woohoo! They look great thanks for the link. Now let's get those earrings delivered to WF so they can get moving on your project and we can see them on your ears soon please. :appl:

Thank you for those kind words about my parents and me. That is very nice of you to say and perhaps I am prejudiced but I have to agree. I don't really know anybody (besides Greg and my grandmother rest her soul) like my dad and OK OK my mom is usually pretty good too but she does get on my nerves and push my buttons occasionally grrrr :wall: But she is a good person and has a big heart and well you know how they rescue animals and care for them.

Sharon, thinking of you this morning and hoping that cut is healing rapidly and more importantly you are doing well. Do you have any weekend plans? Happy Mother's Day in advance to you and more (((hugs))).

Oh and I have to apologize for past and present and future run on sentences Sharon. When I post here I write more like I talk IRL so I don't always respect periods, commas and semi colons because I am talking too fast. Sorry! :oops:

Callie, how are you and what are your weekend plans? Will you be seeing your mother?

Kristie, Bubbles looks gorgeous as ever in her mainstream PS debut. She will always be loved here of course but so glad you decided to make a thread about her and I thought you handled it with grace and diplomacy. :appl:

Jimmianne, woohoo! Paris trip to think about, anticipate and then enjoy! It is going to be amazing. I wish we were all going. Could you imagine all the NIRDIs there together? I could see it now. Enjoying the Notre Dame and the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel tower. Walking along the cobbled streets of the Left Bank, taking a cruise along the Seine River. Sigh. It's a beautiful city. Oh and I wonder about their jewelry shops. I bet there are some romantic pieces to be found. :love: And then you get to enjoy the French countryside too. Lucky girl. :appl:

Have we decided if we are going to babysit Joy and Puff yet? Remember Callie and I volunteered. I would be OK if you let her take Joy and I will take Puff. :halo:

Thinking of you Ovi and hope you enjoy Budapest this weekend. :wavey:

Hi LLJsmom and Sarah, hope you both enjoy a lovely weekend and happy Mother's Day!

It's a foggy (thick!) grey morning here with more expected tomorrow. Oh well. We are headed to the beach house this morning and I guess I am a bit disappointed in the weather but we will make the best of it. If tomorrow isn't cycling weather perhaps I can convince Greg for us to make a trip to Lambertville and visit my favorite estate jewelers. Only problem is I have no bling budget left. ;(

A wonderful Happy Mother's Day to all! Mothers to human children and to those with furbabies too! (((Hugs))) and love to you all. :kiss:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy. yippee! for EC twin love!!! I predict an EC stud trend on PS called "Marcys" : )

Yes, now that we have our plane tickets I'm getting excited rather than feeling unsettled. I got a travel crossbody yesterday. I ordered a Tumi and a Paksafe...I wanted to love the Tumi but it was a total disappointment - heavy and stiff, not many pockets and shaped wrong. The Paksafe was half the price of the Tumi and is perfect in everyway*, even has a safety pocket for cards & passports with chips. [*Too bad it has a"Paksafe" logo on it lol]

I'm getting a haircut today. I only get 2 haircuts a year - when it gets annoyingly long. I get about 3" cut off and it always feels like new freedom. I would love to have really short hair, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be flattering and I would miss my pigtails. The idea would be to have uber-short hair and fabulous earrings! My hair is about 50% grey, but since it's blond it doesn't look bad. I used to get highlights but my hairdresser talked me into going natural.

This is silly to talk about, but I met a really kind & smart [cute] man yesterday in our little local coffee shop and we have mutual friends. I'm interested. THAT doesn't happen too often.

Junebug - I think you should have Missy call David and read him the riot act! She will take care of you : )
Missy, I am remembering when you made sure I was first in line for the OEC. Our fearless leader in action!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, happy to oblige as always! :devil:

Junie, just give me the word and I will call David this morning. You have my info girlfriend so just drop me a note email or here and I would be happy to light the fire under David's proverbial you know what. :cheeky:

I wish I had your problem Jimmianne! My hair never gets long enough. :((
I try growing it and it just seems to stay at this length. And then I get it cut to get rid of split ends so it won't damage my hair further stopping all growth but it never seems to work. Gets stuck at the current length. I would LOVE some of your long hair. :love:

And I hear you on wishing we could go short. I don't have the face for it either so I keep it around this length but if I cannot go super short I wish I could go longer vs this in between length. Lucky you for being blonde because I agree. Grey doesn't look bad at all on my lighter colored hair sisters. Looks pretty in fact. With my darker hair OMG you see that grey and it just looks blechhh. :knockout:

Sorry the Tumi cross body didn't work out. A good cross body bag is a must when traveling. Keep those hands free. I wonder if there is anyway to cover/get rid of the Paksafe logo, hmmm. :think:

OK saving the best for last...OMG OMG OMG, I am holding my breath Jimmianne! Wouldn't that be amazing if the man you met yesterday is someone special for you? And you have mutual friends too! Call them immediately and get the down lo (is that the right expression?) on this man and have them set up a dinner at one of their homes inviting him so you can get to know him better in a low pressure environment. Or did you exchange numbers already? :appl: OK I am not going to go overboard yet but really hoping this turns into something great!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you're right, I'll give him a quick call - it would be nice to have it tomorrow, but I'm not sure that will happen at this point.

Yeah, my driver's license pic is pretty bad - I really don't like how I look in pics these days in general. I'm slightly comforted by the fact that someone as pretty as you doesn't like her pic, it makes me feel that maybe it's the cameras they use - at least that's what I tell myself ha!

Jimmianne, I'm so excited that you've met someone you like! It's not silly, and it makes me happy to hear about this. Like missy, I won't jump the gun here but it would be so nice if this worked out!

Ok, I'll check in later!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Jimmieanne: here is a thread discussing wallets, bags while in Europe. I had the same dilemma as you. I did end up buying cross body bag--a Feragammo--and you can borrow it if you like. I found my bag fashionable, practical and very useful. Although flat it held a lot.

There were suggestion here--about Tumi and other brands.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/best-travel-wallet.175065/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/best-travel-wallet.175065/[/URL]

cheers--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, um interested makes the world go round! My only regrets in life are mostly centered around not following through on some of my interests, hahahaha.

And keep in mind that you live a full and interesting life and that is going to draw similar people to you, all good, right?

Also, men who might be on the frugal side will see Joy and think: She already has THE ROCK!

The only comment I ever make to friends any more about dating/remarrying is to make sure the guy isn't looking for a mommy or a nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, toe tapping, toe tapping toe tapping! I can't wait to see the ring pics and hear your feedback! I went to the DBL website last night (next best thing?) and he certainly has a wide inventory of colored stones and diamonds. I had fun scrolling through all the sparkle there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results