carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

I just had the most eye-opening discussion with the appraiser at the jewelers - she thought they were modern round brilliants!
I have no idea if the price is good. Since they don't know what they are doing it could either be overpriced...or a great deal.
More research needed here by me.

later :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
:love:

Oooo la la!

That is a lovely 3-stone ring!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne, you should probably ask for an independent appraisal by the appraiser of your choice to make a decision, see if they are willing. The stones do not really look like true MRBs to me but they could be a bit "different" cut. They do look nice and there is nothing wrong with something different as long as it is priced right. I would most definitely have it verified what I am paying for before you pull the trigger on this one. A beauty regardless.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
terrible photos - but can you tell what this cut is I thought it was OEC until I looked more closely, but now realize it is perhaps a transitional? The girdle is unfaceted, unpolished.
img_7916.jpg img_7912_0.jpg

edit - nice call on the cuts, OV

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OV the ring is quite beautiful but Joy finally said no no no. She said if I ever have to buy a big ring she wants OLD old cuts and also said that if I really loved her I wouldn't go snooping around estate cases.
The price was 8,900 and the store gave me a great discount based on that price. I did my pricing research using PS MRB averages and the price I came up with was in the neighborhood of their deal.
Crisis averted - - - this time =)

a bientôt!

edit: ps. being on PS gives $-numbers a new meaning, doesn't it. lol

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joy played the sparkly slut card with you?

Mais Non!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1430263666|3869293 said:

Mais Non!!!!
:lol:
oui.
elle m'a sauvé.

Rain & cold again tomorrow! Will the sunniest NIRDI who's having warm sunshine please invite the rest of us over for a donut breakfast?!?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, it sounds like everything will work out great for your trip. LOL at dabbling in minor purchases then you are on the phone with Grace or Jon. Stay warm! Pretty 3 stone ring you found.

Missy, the bunny / bear hybrid is cute. I was glad miracles do happen. Work was a bit slower today and I was happy to see it. We still had to do a ton of last minutes updates for tomorrow. You’ll have a busy weekend but it sounds fun.

Junebug, how exciting you are close to buying the DBL pear ring and spinel. I am with you on DH making all the plans and arrangements for travel; Marty usually isn’t a planner but since he has to book his own travel and arrange car rentals I guess he is good at it.

Hi Ovi.

Hi Kristie.

Thanks for the French teasers. I took French in junior high, high school and college. I can still kind of read it but probably couldn’t form a sentence. :lol:

We are warming up again. Woo hoo!

Marty cooked marinated London Broil on the grill for supper – along with seasoned potatoes and asparagus. Mmm. How did he generate so many dishes for cooking on the grill? Good question! Maybe the rabbits were trying to make bear stew. The little BRATS!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Something to think about Jimmianne, it sure is gorgeous on your hand--looks really nice from my lap top!! :bigsmile:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I like the mutant bearitt too, it's kinda scary looking!!! Missy, are you breeding these, "Brooklyn Bearitts?" I bet you have a waiting list!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sarahb! How are your amazing dogs?????? I miss the pics from the doggie check-on-mom visits they did while you were recovering :bigsmile:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1430268707|3869350 said:

Mais Non!!!!
oui.
elle m'a sauvé.

Rain & cold again tomorrow! Will the sunniest NIRDI who's having warm sunshine please invite the rest of us over for a donut breakfast?!?!

Here is an open invitation to NIRDIs including mascots Sarahb and Sharon to be my guests for breakfast including mimosas, my buttermilk waffles, crispy bacon, and tons of donuts!!!

Dress Code: Elastic waist mandatory.

Who's in????

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I have to say, that 3 stone certainly looks gorgeous! I'm thinking maybe the diamonds might be early RB's? Just a guess, and I'm no good at assessing value, you'd think after almost 6 years on PS I'd be a bit better at it :oops: Yikes, it seems like there's always something around the corner to tempt us! ;( I laughed at what Joy had to say about you buying it :D And I hear you on getting jaded about these dollar amounts! :o

Marcy, your dinner sounds yummy! Glad it's warming up for you a bit. And glad you had a relatively slow day at work, yay!

Kristie, count me in! My mouth is watering from your description alone! Between you and Marcy, I'm ravenous right now :cheeky:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, see you in a few in my elastic waistband jeans!
Glad you specified the early am dress code.
That menu is out of this world!

I feel so sorry for people who buy their diamonds in B&M stores. That appraiser was awful yesterday. She said I really overpaid for Joy [this is sight unseen], but backed down when I said that her boss had seen the diamond in person and stated he could not match the price. She then said that anyone she has ever known who bought online was disappointed in their purchase, that online buying is a scam and you never get what "they" claim you are getting. I guess GIA and AGS are in on the scam : )
oh la.

Missy, I am counting on you to tie us all to the mast when we are in NY. LOL I had a narrow miss yesterday and can only imagine what temptations there are in the Big City. Even worse, let's hope the Kitty Cafe does not allow adoptions!

Junebug, I once saw a normally sane couple go into bankruptcy after buying national level horses they "needed". Once a passion catches hold - yikes.
At least diamonds don't have ongoing costs - except setting upgrades lol.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne you are so right. I mean I do work part time for a B&M too but I am shocked all the time by how most otherwise really competent people working for such stores know nothing about stones and worse they act like they do! I know many really good goldsmiths that are like that and store owners too.

One time I was going to get my Sunstorm recerted. She is my fancy deep orangey yellow. My fave that I kept. I went to a goldsmith to take her out that had worked for a very well known company as head goldsmith. He said to me that Sunstorm had to be irradiated because the color looked exactly like irradiated sapphires. Well, I was taken aback and I knew the color was natural but was shocked that a person having worked for a company that deals with a lot of fancies would say this. Sunstorm simply has exceptional color but in no way similar to the color of treated stones. I said nothing. Two weeks later I simply went back to have her put back in and showed the new GIA cert.

One has to take things with a grain of salt to say the least when it comes to people working at B&Ms, you simply cannot care about what they say. I have no idea why they think that by putting down the valued treasures one owns will get them business. I would think that most people are actually greatly annoyed and offended by such negativity and may go elsewhere just because of this. And besides, some people are knowledgeable and cannot be fooled.

I never ever say anything negative about people's jewelry, not unless they ask me specific questions when I will answer them honesty and objectively. If I offer any comments on my own, that will be a compliment and if I truly dislike the bling they are sporting I say nothing.

Morning to you girls! :appl:

For a change today the weather is beautiful yet again after yesterday's disaster. It is not as warm as it was two days ago but we get one nice day, from tomorrow on it will suck again. Just please, not another day like yesterday. I told Missy my story about the umbrella cutting up my hands and bleeding like crazy and then my paperbag breaking and the nice wine I got and everything else fell on the ground, the wine poured on everything, my documents were blown onto the road by the wind and a nice child offered his help and we ran after the stuff in order to attempt saving some of it. I was slightly annoyed to say the least. But if this is my biggest problem, I will be fine.

Talk to you all later, going to get my nails done soon, then meeting my goldsmith and taking a private salsa lesson, ooh-la-la.:)))

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne you are so right. I mean I do work part time for a B&M too but I am shocked all the time by how most otherwise really competent people working for such stores know nothing about stones and worse they act like they do! I know many really good goldsmiths that are like that and store owners too.

One time I was going to get my Sunstorm recerted. She is my fancy deep orangey yellow. My fave that I kept. I went to a goldsmith to take her out that had worked for a very well known company as head goldsmith. He said to me that Sunstorm had to be irradiated because the color looked exactly like irradiated sapphires. Well, I was taken aback and I knew the color was natural but was shocked that a person having worked for a company that deals with a lot of fancies would say this. Sunstorm simply has exceptional color but in no way similar to the color of treated stones. I said nothing. Two weeks later I simply went back to have her put back in and showed the new GIA cert.

One has to take things with a grain of salt to say the least when it comes to people working at B&Ms, you simply cannot care about what they say. I have no idea why they think that by putting down the valued treasures one owns will get them business. I would think that most people are actually greatly annoyed and offended by such negativity and may go elsewhere just because of this. And besides, some people are knowledgeable and cannot be fooled.

I never ever say anything negative about people's jewelry, not unless they ask me specific questions when I will answer them honesty and objectively. If I offer any comments on my own, that will be a compliment and if I truly dislike the bling they are sporting I say nothing.

Morning to you girls! :appl:

For a change today the weather is beautiful yet again after yesterday's disaster. It is not as warm as it was two days ago but we get one nice day, from tomorrow on it will suck again. Just please, not another day like yesterday. I told Missy my story about the umbrella cutting up my hands and bleeding like crazy and then my paperbag breaking and the nice wine I got and everything else fell on the ground, the wine poured on everything, my documents were blown onto the road by the wind and a nice child offered his help and we ran after the stuff in order to attempt saving some of it. I was slightly annoyed to say the least. But if this is my biggest problem, I will be fine.

Talk to you all later, going to get my nails done soon, then meeting my goldsmith and taking a private salsa lesson, ooh-la-la.:)))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, OV : )

Yes, the phone conversation with the appraiser definitely turned me off to the ring. I was trying to NOT buy it and talking to her really helped! lol

You have a lovely day planned. Making up for yesterday! : )

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne, even more shocking that sight unseen they would offer you such a negative opinion, totally uncalled for and out of line IMHO. Yes, I also think that this is a total turnoff and not what they are trying to achieve. Perhaps they were attempting to put down Joy in order to get their hands on her.:))) That is what you have to think but I also hate this because it is an attempt to victimize people and I would stay away from such people too, even if that was not their intention, the comment was not nice at all to say the least. If you cannot say something nice, do not say anything. Again, it is totally different if someone say specifically asks me about the clarity of their diamond and it is say an I2 then I would have to tell them that but even so, not in a subjective way. Joy is the one and only!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Ovi, I hope you had a good night's sleep last night. With all this sleep talk (PS thread) here and via email I had so much trouble just falling asleep last night and now I feel like a zombie. And today is my Monday woohoo. :snore:

Is pink sapphie here yet? Please let us know and send pics when she arrives. I need some pretty bling pics to perk me up today. :sun:

Yay for better weather by you and private salsa lessons! I was watching Dancing with the Stars last night and thought of you. Oh I wish I could dance like those stars on the show. Ooh la la is right. :love:

Junebug, I'm with you. All these years on PS and I don't know either. They look like transitional or early MRBs to me too but definitely not MRBs. Ovi, are we right?
Any news concerning the DBL pear and the pink spinel?

Jimmianne, you have been getting up earlier than me the last week or so. What gives girl? I am exhausted so I can only imagine how sleepy you must be. I am sorry this turned out not to be the ring for you but just think of what bling lays ahead... :Up_to_something:

I am not surprised that jeweler/appraiser said that to you but that is annoying especially because you know she is a big fat liar. But hey a jeweler who makes house calls. c'est extraordinaire! Hmm maybe I got that wrong. No house call just via phone? How does one appraise via phone? :?: And fortunately for you the jewelry shop owner is honest. Though I would look for a new appraiser. ::)

And you are all invited here for breakfast. Weather forecast mid 70's and sunny today! Of course I will be inside working all day but I can host an early dinner and sun doesn't set till late these days. :appl:

Haha I will do my best to keep you from temptations while you are visiting but fyi the kitty cafe is all about adoptions. That's their goal. So you might have to rein me in when we visit there. :halo:

Marcy, glad work was a bit slower yesterday and that you were able to catch up with everything. Sometimes after vacation it can be a real pain to catch up with all you have missed so that is great. Dinner sounded great yay to chef Marty. But no to those killer bunnies grilling sweet teddy. Bad bunnies. :nono:

Callie, Sharon, Sarah, hey there girls. Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday. :wavey:

Kristie, not yet but now you have given me a great idea... "Brooklyn Bearitts". Hmm something the NIRDIs can work on together for extra bling $$$ perhaps... :naughty: Problem is they would be so darn cute we would end up keeping all of them lol.

OK breakfast by you and early dinner by me. With the time difference it should work out. See you all later. :cheeky:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy :appl: :wavey: good morning, sorry to hear about your bad night. Yes, that thread is very interesting and people sometimes do not realize how important sleep is. I have had my problems in the last few weeks and it was not good at all as my body went into overdrive and I experienced too much anxiety at night and not only I am only able to normally go to sleep past midnight but I was also up at 4 or 5, then I got very sick and decided to change some things and now am able to sleep. I still do not sleep great and I wake up to anxiety and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night but able to fall back asleep. Of course you have a bad night before going to work, this is so typical too, it has happened to me far too many times especially when the owner visits, I often got three hours of sleep beforehand.

Oh, please, I am not a dancer, I am a mere beginner, this is a big challenge to me and sometimes I wonder why I do it but I want to try, it takes my mind off heavier things in life. I will update you about my success or the lack thereof, sometimes I think I have two left legs. :rodent:

Have a great day girls, I gotta run for now but be back tonight. Pink Sapphie should be arriving this afternoon to evening, whenever my goldsmith gets here and that is challenging too as it may be in the middle of my salsa lesson. Hope not.

Hugs to you all and happy spring!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm sorry today is your Monday Missy!

Missy, What the heck are you doing up so early? I understand Jimmianne getting up early as she has fields to mow! Not sleeping is the worst. I hope you feel okay today. What do you think of attending the Antique Jewelry Show in Miami? Give it some thought and let me know what you think. I'm still disappointed they cancelled the show in Chicago! The landscaper came over yesterday and agreed my front yard looks terrible. It looks like my whole summer will be spent watering this year. I'm still waiting to hear what the having the front and backyard redone will cost. I'm sure you will hear my husband screaming in New York, Arizona, Wyoming and North Carolina. I met my niece afterwards because I needed some cheering up. The landscaper said my neighbors need to pay for the tree they destroyed. He asked if I need him to have a talk with them about starting fires 2 feet away from trees. I think he was more upset about it then I was. I quickly caught up with him when he said that mustake was going to cost me $750. And I wonder why my bling money keeps disappearing. I met my niece afterwards because I needed some cheering up. Her baby was just what I needed. Then to make things even better I spent an hour on the phone with Kristie! I may go do some flower shopping this afternoon as I need to start buying plants for my potted plants. Our weather has been gorgeous here. It was 70 and sunny yesterday and looks beautiful today.

Jimmianne, I love that ring. It looks gorgeous on you hand and talk about finger coverage! It's like a sickness looking at jewelry, isn't it? When I was telling my husband about the pear when I found it, he asked me if I realized I was talking about a large amount of money as if I was talking about the price of a dress. It really does get like an addiction. I'm better off not even looking if I don't have the funds. I so wish I didn't have this whole darn yard to do. Did you happen to see the thread about the antique jewelery show in Miami next year? Would you be interested in attending? Talk about OEC Heaven! Are you feeling better about your trip to Paris? A close friend of mine is in London this week. They were talking about also going to Paris for a few days.

Kristie, Your breakfast sounds wonderful. I haven't had donut holes since I was working. They were always an office favorite. I'm trying to watch what I eat the next couple of weeks. I've gained a few pounds and everything feels tight right now. It would probably wouldn't hurt to throw the Hagen Daaz out! It clearly isn't having a good effect on my body. I was very disappointed when I jumped on that damn scale. I hate that thing right now.

Marcy, Your dinner sounded wonderful as always. I'm glad you had a good day at work yesterday. I figured you would be swamped after returning from vacation. Did it feel good to come back home? Is it getting warmer there yet?

Jinebug, I wish you lived closer to. You would love my furbaby. She is the the most cuddly little thing. I think I may skip the wedding and just send my husband. It's just to risky talking her to daycare right now. Are you a golf widow yet? My husband took Monday and Tuesday off and golfed both days.

OV, Im glad you are okay? Thank goodness the child was there to help you. I can't wait to see your pink sapphire!

Sarah, Are you also having beautiful weather? It has been gorgeous here the past few days.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1430272641|3869395 said:
Jimmianne|1430268707|3869350 said:

Mais Non!!!!
oui.
elle m'a sauvé.

Here is an open invitation to NIRDIs including mascots Sarahb and Sharon to be my guests for breakfast including mimosas, my buttermilk waffles, crispy bacon, and tons of donuts!!!

Dress Code: Elastic waist mandatory.

Who's in????

OH MY WORD--I'm laughing out loud--hubby wants to know 'what??' & I didn't want to say its about 'Elastic waist mandatory'......that was soo funny Kristi!!!

I have not read the posts that came afterwards because I need to go to bed, active day today. I'll post more tomorrow, but the babies are doing well, I'll post pics!

Yes, would LOVE to go to your breakfast--how kind of you :)!!
sarahb XO

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come any time and please bring those awesome dogs of yours!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, I’m on my way for your delicious breakfast. I know how to find you now too. It was warm here today; I’m actually thinking Marty needs to crank on the air conditioning.

Sarah, is your snow gone yet?

Junebug, isn’t it funny how our perspective on size and price has changed since we joined Pricescope? I joined after buying my ½ carat diamond and have upgraded 3 times since.

Jimmianne, I have heard some pretty funny things from people in jewelry stores too. I no longer try to correct them; they aren’t going to change their opinion. However the 3 jewelry stores I’ve had clean my ACA have said the same thing when they looked at my diamond “Woah”. Only one place asked me where I got it. I actually don’t mind their opinion but I do find is disappointing that I usually know more about gemstones and diamonds than they do.

Ovi, it sounds like you had quite an ordeal with the umbrella, wine and chasing your papers. I hope the rest of your week goes better. Your pink sapphire pendant is awesome. Do you love it?

Missy, it’s going to be difficult to have breakfast at Kristie’s then dinner with you and Greg but my car goes pretty fast. You and Kristie are cracking me up with Bearitts. I hope you sleep better tonight.

Callie, I hope your landscaping estimate is less than you expect but I wouldn’t bet any money on it. That stuff is always pricey. I am sure we’ll all hear a scream once you and your husband get the estimate. It will certainly cut in to your bling budget. I am glad you spent some time with your niece and her cute baby. Now I want ice cream. Have you tried that Cherry Amaretto Gelato? OMG it’s delicious! We had a very nice day here today; in the 70’s. No wind either. It was weird.

Work was slower again but I kept busy until about 15 minutes before I go home. Marty was going to play golf at 6 so we met at Culvers for a quick supper. I did quite a few batches of laundry tonight. I am way behind on that.

I would also like to say Stupid Allergies!

Have a great Thursday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Callie, I am just used to getting up before 5AM every day due to many years of having early work hours so I just continue getting up early even though I start work later now. It is nice being awake early and not rushing into the day anymore. Greg and I and all the kitties relax with coffee in bed when we first wake up now before rushing around and it's very nice. Though I am so tired these days but my body just (usually) automatically wakes before 5AM so I don't fight it. On weekends if I am lucky I might be able to sleep till 6AM but not usually lol.

As for the Miami antique jewelry show in January I cannot promise but I would like to go. I am going to be completely honest with you. If my face isn't much much better by then I am not making the trip but if I am back to my old self I will do it. We can drive or take the train and I would love to meet you girls there but I am so sorry I cannot promise. I do promise if my skin is clear yes I will go but as we know there is no predicting the future. ::) If you all go and I cannot please bring me back a souvenir...and I don't mean pink flamingos. :cheeky:

I am glad you are going to stay with your sweet furbaby and not put her in doggie care the weekend of the wedding with this flu bug going around. Is Jeff OK with that? It's a shame the girls don't live closer because I know we would all volunteer to watch her for you while you and Jeff spent the weekend away.

What did you decide to do re your neighbor and the tree? Your gardener is absolutely right. It was very dangerous setting that fire so close to your property.

Jeff picked the best days to golf that's for sure. Perfect weather. Have a great time shopping for dresses with your niece today. Wish I was joining you today of all days. Have fun!

Kristie, hey there girl. Thank you and Callie for last night. How are Maggie and Finnie boy doing? Any recent pics? You know we NIRIDIs love the pics of our fubabies and our bling. Have you been swimming a lot lately with the warm weather? It warmed up here yesterday but will be a bit cooler today but still lovely out. Hoping the weekend keeps the sun and warmth. Any plans for today?

Ovi, I love your pink sapphire and that necklace is lovely. Have you made any decisions re keeping her? How did Salsaing go yesterday? I hope you slept well last night. I had a good night's sleep. No meds necessary. I guess being exhausted has its advantages because you cannot help but finally fall asleep. That's usually my strategy these days. I try not to sweat it if I cannot get enough hours for a night or 2 because then I finally fall asleep earlier the next night I am so tired.

Marcy, I wish I could blame PS but I was always a size ho now I just have PS to thank for allowing me an easier rationalization for my bling desires LOL. Glad work went well yesterday albeit a bit slower. Allowed you to take a breath and catch up with everything. How nice your weather cooperated yesterday. 70 and no wind is perfect cycling weather because it is always cooler when you are cycling since you are generating a wind when riding and depending on the direction of the ocean breeze it can be quite cool so 70 is a great temp.

We have been sleeping with the bedroom A/C on at night because even if it is beautiful outside it can be quite warm inside at times. I make no apologies for having the A/C on as you know I think it is one of the best inventions ever. :bigsmile:

And I'm with you. Bah allergies. They have been annoying this week even with Zyrtec. Have you found a med that works well for you? I was reading about a new allergy med yesterday but cannot remember the name. It is a different type of med that desensitizes you to the ragweed etc vs blocking the effect.

Junebug, how are you? I hope you are enjoying our great spring weather. :wavey:
We are celebrating Mother's Day a week early this Saturday. Do you have any special plans for your Mother's Day celebration? Any family coming that weekend to celebrate with you?

Sarah, that's awesome you had an active day yesterday woohoo! Well on your way to being 100% back to normal activities and life. :appl: Looking forward to seeing the pics of your sweet fur babies.

Jimmianne, when are you visiting France? Are you getting excited yet? I know how much your furbabies are going to miss you but you are going to have such a wonderful time. I hope you are bringing Joy but I understand if you decide not to. I would be happy to baby sit her and Puff. :halo: :cheeky:

Hi there Sharon. :wavey:

Have a great day today NIRDI girls and see you later. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it's nice that you can use your early rising to advantage with Greg, kitties and coffee.
I hope to hear your report that work is getting busier for you.

We are supposed to go to France the second week in June. I have still not gotten plane tickets. It's foremost in my mind - not excitement but slight anxiety. I did buy some travel things yesterday - lightweight suitcase, packing cubes, airplane pillow and noise cancelling headphones. My dentist gave me a valium Rx : ) So there is progress - just not in the reality of actually getting there lol

Miami sounds great! but I don't think I can go to Florida anymore!!! We spent so much time there, then with the estate work we spent TOO MUCH time there : ) But I may change my mind if I hear ya'll [French for "dear NIRDIs"] talk about it.

Here is the dusk double rainbow we had last night...it looks small here, but was so huge in person. Why is that? When I take photos of the huge moon rising it always looks smaller too.
p1140674.jpg

---> we need more photos of a certain pink sapphire :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, just dropping by to say hi. I just read this page and everyone seems to be doing well. I fell off the face of this earth cause I just had to focus more on the kids, and everything else. Been running a lot more too. I got into the NYC marathon in November this year, by sheer luck. I'm super excited, and I want to qualify for Boston which will take all my time and energy when I start training. I got through busy season but DH is traveling a lot now. I'm a single parent half the time but enjoying spending alone time with the kids. On the bling front I have been really satisfied with my pieces and have no major projects in my future. There is a Cartier piece I have been covering for the past two years. I am hoping this year will be it. I will be doing some traveling so I bought a pair of plain platinum studs so I don't have to wear my diamond studs where I am going. All I wear is my ering, no band, tennis and my studs. Have you guys ever been in a place where you don't even want to plan a big project? Feels weird after being obsessed with diamonds and jewelry for the past three years. Any how, hope I can keep up more since busy season is over. Hope everyone is having a good summer. It feels like summer here, with the drought and all...sigh.... :wavey: Missed you guys...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey LLJsmom, I'm so happy you are doing well. I have missed you!!! Completely understand how difficult it is with your husband traveling a lot. I know it has to be hard in you. Have I told you I have missed you!

Jimmianne, Please book your ticket soon. The summer months flights to Europe always book quickly. It was always a problem during the summer months when I needed to get people their quickly for a business emergency. I dreaded June, July and August for this reason. What can I do to make Florida more appealing to you?

Sarah, I promise I will get off the soap box In a minute. Please get your furbabies vaccinated for the flu. It was our headline news last night in Chicago. There is a large rescue that had to close there doors. They have 35 dogs sick with the flu at their location. An older woman who worked there said she has never seen a virus take over so quickly or one that made the dogs so sick. The news reporter said they instructed them to remove their clothes in the garage or laundry room as soon as the walked in the doorstep home because their dogs would be able to catch it from their clothes. They said keep your dogs away from the clothes you have on and wash them immediately. Scary stuff. They said to keep your dogs out of groomers, daycare and boarding until this virus settles down. I received a call from the county yesterday saying my dog needs her rabies shot in May. My vet said I would be receiving one. I need to call the vet today to see if it's safe to bring her in yet. They are concerned because she is only 7 lbs. There is no doubt about what we are doing for the wedding. I'm staying home. My husband is going by himself. It's his family member that is getting married. Sorry for boring anyone who has read this.

Missy, I hope your day goes well today. I'm only a text, email or call away. I wish you were coming with me too today. Shopping with a baby may prove to be challenging if may niece doesn't find something to wear quickly. My niece thinks the baby will be fine. She said she will probably be the one crying. That goodness the baby is such a great little shopper. I guess it's in her genes! I hear you in the air conditioning. I go straight from the furnace to the air. It truly is the best invention ever. I want a new car because I can get air conditioned seats!

Marcy, I'm glad you are having nice weather. It's about time! No one deserves it more than you do. I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Your posts are going to be the death of me!

Kristie, I hope you have a wonderful day today! I will email you later today. Probably after Greys Anatomy. I'm still in mourning over Derek Shepard dying.

Junebug, Which way are leaning. One thing you will love if you get the pear ring is you won't see a pear in every other person out there. I love mine for that reason. I'm sure Kristie and OV will agree. It just feels a little more special to me. How is your mom doing. Are things going well with your children (sounds stupid call young adults children)?

OV, I LOVE your necklace!!!! How are you feeling about it?

Sorry for the long post girls and the public service announcement about dogs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I leave the chainsawing to braver yard warriors - what are you going to do with yours?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results