carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina the eclipse is April 8th. It’s getting close. That’s great you can view it from home. I am so glad to hear the PT is helping your shoulder. This time of year is a rough to build a house, this summer should be good though. I like to watch movies when I knit. That’s great you like your car, especially what you went through to get it. I do have a lead foot but not as bad as Marty. Microfiber bedding is nice. I am not skilled at ironing. I don’t even know where our iron is these days.

@mrs-b I think the heart pendant is lovely, glad getting it cleaned and rhodium plated perked it up. I am sure Eleanor will love it. How cool about Tim and his baseball team winning the national championship. Nice to have a memory from that. Your K stud looks lovely. No one every sees my earrings, but I know they are there.

@missy I am happy to hear your parents got a new home health guy and he’s working out well for them and they are in good spirits. That’s great news Tommy is doing better. Nice. I hope the nebulizing is helps your asthma. I need to get an appointment to get blood work and renew my PB medicine - I guess it is a beta blocker. My BP is a bit low but my heartbeat gets high if I don’t take it. That’s probably my thyroid though. I remember when you got those couches. Are you new ones white too? It looks so nice. Yay for the new range and great shot of the lighthouse.

We had rain off and on today with snow starting tonight. Apparently I’m getting a new telephoto lens. You know, because Marty doesn’t have enough things to take pictures of the solar eclipse with. You might remember my Canon vs Sony debate with Marty and wanting to have my own camera and lenses. Well, he bought this device that can automate and keep taking pictures and guess which camera it works with? Mine. Ha Ha. But I don’t have a very large zoom lens so I told Marty he can buy me one if he finds a used on. He found one for about 1/3 the full price. It’s so wide my hand probably can’t hold it. I’ll be putting it on my camera over the bed. I can’t say I’m sorry to get a better zoom lens, but I’m trying to save money for TBE.

I have not adjusted to the time change yet. Hopefully soon …

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy terrific Thursday!

@mrs-b thank you kindly. It looks like that for a brief moment with 4 kitties haha. That is how I would like it to look always though. But I prefer a house with animals that is less than perfect (purrrrrfect) to one that is purrrffect but has no animals. But this is ridiculous. Torn stuffing (thanks Gracie) everywhere. It's time to get new couches and I just hope the new ones are somewhat comfortable lol

@marcy right? It was like yesterday. This might be the fastest we have had to replace all the living room furniture. We already have the new area rugs ready to go down. And yes. White. I am a minimalist and would do the entire house in white and blue if Greg agreed. He loves color and I love monochromatic haha. Oh no rain and snow...boo. Yay for a new telephoto lens and sweet about the price. Love a good zoom feature and I hear you about limited resources too. You will make good use of this new lens and TBE will be good too. That eclipse will be here soon. And girl, I am not adjusted to this time change yet either. Brutal.

@bling_dream19 happy Thursday

@Slickk what a glorious few weather days we have enjoyed here. Just sublime. Today is another purrrrfect day but then rain is coming :( Hope the week is going smoothly

Hello everyone else. Big hugs. Hope all is well. I have been enjoying such gorgeous weather and getting in a lot of outdoor time so no complaints at all. Today is another amazing weather day so will take full advantage before our rain arrives. Again. LOL.

Haha look who is also enjoying this glorious purrrrrfect weather..sweet Pepsi and her crew :love:

This makes me SO happy to see them content and well fed and enjoying life

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 6.46.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 6.46.13 AM.png

Have a terrific Thursday lovely ladies XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s great news that your parents are coping, and I’m glad they’ve found someone who’s actually doing their job @missy. Do you have a timeframe for the new furniture? Did you go for white again? It’s a great feeling when the house is all straight, but sadly it doesn’t last long :lol:

Thanks for letting me know it’s the 8th not the 9th @marcy. Wouldn’t that just take the biscuit if we got the wrong day :mrgreen:? Oh no to snow, I hope it’s not too much and cause problems with the roads or the build.

The heart pendant is really pretty @mrs-b and what a lovely back story. The stud (earring :lol:) looks stunning, and I’m sure wlll be perfect with your pearls.

I hope all is well with you @canuk-gal and your hands are OK.

I hope you’re continuing to feel better @MamaBee.

Shopping day for us today, then this afternoon I packed Colin’s things, it’s going to be pretty cold in the UK. Really dull and windy this afternoon, so no pool for us.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy it seems like your new couches were about 2-3 years ago. And I’m finding they don’t make anything to last anymore. That’s wonderful you are having nice weather. Winter came back here today. My lens did show up today and it takes great pictures. The zoom feature works as a slide rather than turning it. One feature doesn’t seem to work on it, it was listed as “good” used so maybe Marty can get them to refund part of the price. Theirs a ring you can turn to lock the focal length in place so it won’t creep or slide on you if you’ve got the lens facing up. That’d be a problem for the eclipse. But Marty cut off a piece of Velcro and it works like a charm to keep the lens from sliding back down. Sweet. Pepsi and the gang look pretty comfy. That’s awesome. I’m with you on basic colors and white and blue would be my pick too.

@Austina that would be sad to miss the eclipse by one day. I’m sure the closer it gets to the eclipse, the more it’ll be in the news. Between work and Marty getting ready to take pictures of it, I hear about it ALL the time. I love your phrase about “biscuit”. Sounds like you have a lazy, but productive day. It’ll be a shock going back to cold weather in the UK.

We had rain through early morning but once it started snowing it was pretty heavy snow all day. It is very wet snow too, but melted pretty well since it’s been in the 40’s and 50’s. The furniture on the deck has about 6” of snow on it so we probably had at least that much snow. It’s nice to get the moisture.

As I mentioned above, the lens showed up today and Marty “hogged” it for several hours. He stayed home form the gym, claiming it was because of the weather. I think it was to play with the lens. It takes great pictures and has that one issue but that’s an inconvenience, but it doesn’t impact image quality. Marty’s Velcro fix works like a charm to hold it in place if you want to keep shooting at the same focal length. For 60 to 70 percent off the price of new, I can put up with that.

Since Marty was home, he wanted pizza for supper for a change so that was easy. Of course, we had ice cream for dessert.

I am up to the armholes on the front of my vest. I should get it done this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy FriYAY!

@marcy sweet the new lens works great and was a great price too and nice fix. LOL Marty staying home to play with the new lens. Boo to snow but glad it stopped and glad it melted and helped with any drought situation. Pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert...you just described my favorite things to eat. Hope it was delish. Yes it does seem we got the couches yesterday doesn't it. And the couches were built to last but not built to withstand curious frisky destructive felines lol

@Austina yes we went for white again and it should be delivered Monday. Let's see how that delivery goes lol. You won't miss the eclipse of that I am confident. It'll definitely be on the news often the closer we get to it. Good for you getting the packing done and I am sorry for your cool windy weather. It seems our weather is on the polar opposite scale lol as yesterday was HOT here...not windy, sunny and 70s. Dare I say too hot for me for early March. Too hot. I had to do another wash when I got back from my walk as I was sweating. But rain is coming so I am going to miss our warm sunny weather very soon. I like the variety but just wish we didn't get so much rain here

@Slickk another week almost finished. So fast. Hope it is a good one and that the weekend is wonderful

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY...hope you are enjoying a good week

@MamaBee hope you are feeling much better

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well. It was a good weather week and I enjoyed it to the max. Greg's knee is swelling a lot again and I am concerned. He is not. Just hoping this is part of the healing process and each surgery is different so trying not to compare to his last TKR four years ago. This weekend looks to be a mixed bag weather wise so we shall see. Have a happy FriYAY lovely ladies. Be well. Enjoy XOXO

A few quick photos as I was walking yesterday

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 7.17.08 AM.png

@springerspaniel our tree still looking wintery but very pretty nonetheless
Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 7.16.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 7.16.19 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls..I wanted to pop in to say hi and give a quick update..

My doctor is having me take steroids (Methylprednisolone) and muscle relaxers for the headache and burning skin. They haven’t helped. I plan on making an appointment with a neurologist. I just don’t want to go above my doctor without first trying the medications she prescribed. She thinks it’s musculoskeletal pain. I think it’s more of an Occipital Neuralgia. This started in the hospital with a tender area behind me ear. Every day it progressed and spread. I had to lie down on my back with a heart monitor attached to the front..so I couldn’t change positions. I think it irritated nerves..I have degenerative disk disease so in the beginning I thought it was just my neck..but it’s not my neck..except for the burning skin..I have a headache, burning outside of ear and head. Whatever it is I want this to be over. Fortunately the nausea is pretty much gone. I’m still very exhausted..I’m only able to take Tylenol for the pain. Since you can only take 3,000mg in a day it leaves me in a lot of pain between doses. Sorry for the drabby news but that’s all I got right now..That’s why I’m not posting. I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer..I feel sorry for myself which is pretty pathetic..haha

Thank you for thinking of me. XOXOXO

Sent from my iPad

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - I read the NIRDI postings religiously, but still seem to miss so much... Are you off to the UK again?? Or is it just Colin? And will he/you both be back for the eclipse? Tim and I will both be in LA, where they'll only get a partial eclipse, and we're meant to be going wine tasting that day! I'll bet that gives a weird vibe; a bunch of people outside in the semi darkness, drinking! Talk about apocalyptic!! All we need is one of those super-frequent, small earthquakes, and it will feel like the end of the world! Wow, feeling kinda unsettled as I write that.... :eek-2:

@missy - I love it that you're out walking again, and I can feel the milder temps coming through your photos! One more month and things should be consistently more temperate. And - photos on Monday of the new furniture, if you have time, pls! Houses and furniture are my passion - along with gardens. ::) I'm really sorry to hear of Greg's knee swelling up. It sounds so uncomfortable! I hope he's feeling better very soon. And have you started the new meds? Where is your thinking on that these days? Any updates from your mother on how the new arrangement for your dad is going? Holding all your family in my warmest thoughts, AG. ox

@marcy - making great progress on the new vest! Will it be too warm to wear it by the time it's done? I hope not - altho, it's always nice to have something new for the next season. And I'm glad the new lens is a hit! I'm with you - I can put up with quite a lot of inconvenience for a great bargain! Please feel free to post any and all new photos you take with it; I'm in awe of your and Missy's photography abilities! How is the TBE doing? Has the framing started? That's when it really starts to feel like a house isn't it? I'm guessing the snow slows things down, so I hope it's all gone super fast and the builders get back to it.

@canuk-gal - how are your hands feeling? And have you done any more shifts at work? Thinking of you and hoping all is well.

@MamaBee - it pisses me off mightily that people keep discharging you or ending appointments with you, with no real treatment plan and absolutely no idea what's causing your symptoms! You're *clearly* ill - how can they just send you home - with Tylenol, for Pete's sake?! We have an expression in my circle of friends - and let me be clear - this does NOT apply to all doctors. Some are wonderful and absolute gems. But with insurance the way it is these days, I find medical care to be...less than optimal, and that's putting it mildly. Most of the time I get the NFI diagnosis (that's our expression). Can you guess what that stands for? After your recent experiences, I'm betting you can! I'll often come home these days from an appointment and Tim will say to me - "Did she/he tell you what it is?" Me: "NFI." Tim: "Ah."
Hang in there, my friend!

@bling_dream19, @Slickk and @springerspaniel - love and hugs to each of you! And to @Kim Scott - welcome, even tho I'm guessing that was just a drive-by mis-post!

Happy Friday to you all! <3

ETA Whoops! Forgot to say - earring and pendant arrived today - yay! And out to lunch tomorrow at friends' house. I'm taking a roast vegetable dish and Tim made ANZAC biscuits, which I coated in milk chocolate. I then ate about 6 of them. And now I feel :sick: !! Glad to see maturity and self control are kicking in!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh!!!! Why aren’t the doctors listening to you @MamaBee ? I’m feeling angry and frustrated on your behalf. I didn’t think my shoulder issue was rotator cuff, and asked the Dr if it could be muscular, guess who was right? You must be feeling incredibly disheartened that you’re not getting any better. I’m with @mrs-b on this and the No F*cking Idea scenario, only we used to say in the UK that “it’s probably a virus” which was the stock answer when they didn’t have a clue. I wish there was something we could do to help, and please don’t think that anybody doesn’t want to hear how you are.

We’re both going @mrs-b, 2 weeks today, yippee, can’t wait to see our friends again, it’s been far too long. It’s just a short visit, 7 days but it’ll be great. You may recall they moved last year (had the buyers from hell), so we’ll be staying at their new home. They’re coming over later in the year, and we’re taking them to Vegas for a couple of days, they’ve never been and probably wouldn’t do the trip on their own. Woohoo, on your sparkly delivery.

6” of snow @marcy, :oops2:and here’s us balking at going in the pool today because it’s only 70 degs out and the pool is 85 :lol: We’ve become soft living here, 70 in England would’ve been a lovely summer’s day. I hope the snow clears quickly without causing any disruption. Are you going out to TBE this weekend to check if there’s been any progress?

Ooo that’s quick @missy, fingers crossed there’ll be no snafoos with the delivery, and you’ll love the new couches. What’ll you do with the old ones, will they take them away? I hate to hear that Greg’s knee keeps swelling, is he doing too much? Hopefully with rest and icing it’ll settle down.

Is it spring break @Slickk , I know the little boy next door is off school this week?

We had a big storm early morning, it’s nice to not have to worry about a lightening strike, and of course we had some much needed rain. It’s left us with a dull, warm day, but windy.

Looks like more rain forecast for the weekend, which’ll be great for the garden, especially as we have no plans to go out.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs a lovely weekend. :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update! I told my doctor I was sure it wasn’t muscular..It’s an irritated nerve..as it’s just the skin on my neck and ear. I don’t have muscle spasms..The headache is sharp and throbbing. My husband and I already decided I would make an appointment with a Neurologist next week. She said that I should see how I do over the weekend. If it’s the same to call the office to schedule a visit with their neurologist..TG She also said she could start me on Gabapentin. I told her I read that Gabapentin doesn’t work immediately. She disagreed..She said it would work right away..I’m happy I’m going to see a neurologist because that’s who I think I need to see. I had one picked out..but I’ll go to the one there..I don’t think this would be too difficult for a neurologist..even if he’s not too great..to figure out. So at least I’m getting somewhere. Sometimes going with the flow isn’t a good thing. You have to advocate for yourself.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

@missy I think the furry mobsters should pitch in for the new sofas. Only fair, right? Glad to hear things are going well with your folks. Big learning curve!

@marcy it is great to get a bargain on pricy items! I see that sleet might be coming in a week--but today it is +12C and sunny.

@Austina you'll have tres fun going "home". I hope your friends new house is all they wanted after having to deal with despicable buyers. My hand/wrist joint are good one day then sore the next. Thanks for asking.

@MamaBee I feel sad sad sad that you have no comfort at present. While I have never met you in person, suffice it to say you are pretty much the last person I would call a Debbie Downer. And I hope your family is present for you--to help as needed.

@mrs-b your jewellery projects are lovely! I've always loved diamond hearts--glad your refurb went well (I'd love to have one on a gold link bracelet)! And that acronym NFI I know well--I wish I didn't. We have one in our household that describes mysteries--DRFM (death rays from Mars).

Did bedding today as well. Took take out to my DS--his WFH day. And I got something for us as well. But just side dish--I'll cook jumbo shrimp and veggies. (the easiest thing on earth to cook! LOL)

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness the Dr has agreed that you need to see a neurologist @MamaBee, and yes, you absolutely have to insist when nothing’s working.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update! I told my doctor I was sure it wasn’t muscular..It’s an irritated nerve..as it’s just the skin on my neck and ear. I don’t have muscle spasms..The headache is sharp and throbbing. My husband and I already decided I would make an appointment with a Neurologist next week. She said that I should see how I do over the weekend. If it’s the same to call the office to schedule a visit with their neurologist..TG She also said she could start me on Gabapentin. I told her I read that Gabapentin doesn’t work immediately. She disagreed..She said it would work right away..I’m happy I’m going to see a neurologist because that’s who I think I need to see. I had one picked out..but I’ll go to the one there..I don’t think this would be too difficult for a neurologist..even if he’s not too great..to figure out. So at least I’m getting somewhere. Sometimes going with the flow isn’t a good thing. You have to advocate for yourself.

Finally, some help! Just btw, here are the top two responses re Gabapentin and its efficacy timing:

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.05.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.05.08 PM.png

I'm not sure why your dr doesn't know this (ie taking time to kick in), but Gaba is still probably the right drug for you if this situation is going to drag on this long, and I got a lot of relief from it when I was on it. The other thing was that they built up the dose 25mg per dose per week for me, so it took three weeks for me to reach the full dosage anyway (75mg twice a day). It can make you very woozy and feel a bit weird, so you're supposed to segue into it slowly. Going straight to a full dose can be rather rugged - especially if you're also on certain muscle relaxants (cyclobenzaprine and valium that I know of for sure, tho there are possibly others) and also losartan (BP med), which can interact with the Gaba to make you feel very woozy and slow down your heart. I never had any of this, tho I did feel somewhat slow and light headed for the first couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed that something brings some relief!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal hahaha yes, the furry mobsters should chip in lol. I don't know if you are on IG but there is a page there for Milo the chunk who is a cat who is absolutely hysterical (his owner is great with anthromorphizing) and we love his page. He calls his owners "butlers" and he "allows them to live rent free" haha. And that is exactly how our kitties feel...letting their servants (us) live in their house rent free. :lol: Glad you got the bedding done...I love slipping in between the sheets and covers when everything is freshly washed and soft and it feels so good. Glad you had a good day with your DH who was WFH and dinner sounded delish. How was it working the other day? I remember it was a while for you and I hope it went smoothly...Enjoy a terrific weekend Sharon.

@MamaBee good for you pushing to see the neurologist. Always listen to your gut. I am so sorry for all you are going through and I fervently hope relief will be yours soon...whatever this is may you make a full recovery. Big hugs sweet friend

@mrs-b thank you! I never stopped walking-only when it was pouring rain as I recall. I am amazed 7 plus weeks have passed since Greg's surgery and walking alone for the most part. It goes so fast. All of it. If we are keeping the furniture I will take photos when I can for you. I do not love the new couches as much as the old couches tbh but we shall see. it was hard deciding since I did not see it in person and just choosing from photos. A gamble to be sure. Speaking of gambles...no I have not started the new meds and not sure I will...I have not told the nephrologist yet because I am not completely sure but also because if I upset him he probably won't want to continue seeing me (and he is not legally allowed to see me since he is not licensed here in our states). It's a tough decision. He is very very smart. But that guarantees nothing unfortunately as I have already witnessed with other bright physicians. Not when it comes to super rare diseases. Leave it to me to get something totally rare and not run of the mill. Again. LOL. Speaking of photos, girrrrl, where are the photos of your new bling...cmon now. Spill. ;-)

@Austina glad you are getting much needed rain...we have some in our forecast for tomorrow but today looks to be another nice day. What a run of gorgeous weather we have enjoyed. Yesterday though was a bit ridiculous...75 degrees F. Which for me, is too hot for March. I mean cmon already lol. I was not ready for this heat and glad it is a bit cooler (albeit still above normal) today. Thanks for asking about Greg's knee. It was a bit less swelling yesterday. And he did walk with me for a little while. But it is very slow going this time around. I have not yet decided if I will let them take it away since I want to be sure about the new couches before I do...we can donate them to charity so maybe we will do that. Not sure yet. Enjoy a wonderful weekend

@Slickk happy weekend! Have a great weekend no matter what you do

@bling_dream19 hope all is going well and your weekend plans are fun

@marcy hope you had a good week and an even better weekend...don't work too hard...enjoy whatever you do

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well. Yesterday was a good day but omg it was HOT. I had a long walk and it was 75F and despite wearing light clothing it was still too hot for me. TG for the ocean which did help with its cool breeze and made the walk possible. Have a great Caturday Saturday all. Enjoy. XOXO

Moody clouds...gorgeous and you can see the city skyline in the background
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.22.51 AM.png

As usual the path was pretty quiet though more people than average because it was a gorgeous day
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.22.00 AM.png

One last cloud photo...they were so pretty yesterday

Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.27.31 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally, some help! Just btw, here are the top two responses re Gabapentin and its efficacy timing:

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.05.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.05.08 PM.png

I'm not sure why your dr doesn't know this (ie taking time to kick in), but Gaba is still probably the right drug for you if this situation is going to drag on this long, and I got a lot of relief from it when I was on it. The other thing was that they built up the dose 25mg per dose per week for me, so it took three weeks for me to reach the full dosage anyway (75mg twice a day). It can make you very woozy and feel a bit weird, so you're supposed to segue into it slowly. Going straight to a full dose can be rather rugged - especially if you're also on certain muscle relaxants (cyclobenzaprine and valium that I know of for sure, tho there are possibly others) and also losartan (BP med), which can interact with the Gaba to make you feel very woozy and slow down your heart. I never had any of this, tho I did feel somewhat slow and light headed for the first couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed that something brings some relief!

I did read those @mrs-b.. She insists it will work right away. I have no option but to go with what she says. I will hopefully have an appointment with the neurologist soon so I can get his/her input. It’s so frustrating to me that she really thinks this is muscular. The medrol pack and muscle relaxant does nothing. I’m sitting here in excruciating pain..The pain in my head and inside and outside my ear is awful..not counting the burning skin on my neck and up the scalp. My husband keeps looking for any shingles spots because some of the symptoms seems like it could be.. The steroids only let me sleep one hour last night. I had an ice pack on my neck and head to get relief when I was in bed. This has been torture to say the least.
I take Valsartan…I think my mom also takes it with Gabapentin. I’ll look it up..Good info..thanks..xo

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal hahaha yes, the furry mobsters should chip in lol. I don't know if you are on IG but there is a page there for Milo the chunk who is a cat who is absolutely hysterical (his owner is great with anthromorphizing) and we love his page. He calls his owners "butlers" and he "allows them to live rent free" haha. And that is exactly how our kitties feel...letting their servants (us) live in their house rent free. :lol: Glad you got the bedding done...I love slipping in between the sheets and covers when everything is freshly washed and soft and it feels so good. Glad you had a good day with your DH who was WFH and dinner sounded delish. How was it working the other day? I remember it was a while for you and I hope it went smoothly...Enjoy a terrific weekend Sharon.

@MamaBee good for you pushing to see the neurologist. Always listen to your gut. I am so sorry for all you are going through and I fervently hope relief will be yours soon...whatever this is may you make a full recovery. Big hugs sweet friend

@mrs-b thank you! I never stopped walking-only when it was pouring rain as I recall. I am amazed 7 plus weeks have passed since Greg's surgery and walking alone for the most part. It goes so fast. All of it. If we are keeping the furniture I will take photos when I can for you. I do not love the new couches as much as the old couches tbh but we shall see. it was hard deciding since I did not see it in person and just choosing from photos. A gamble to be sure. Speaking of gambles...no I have not started the new meds and not sure I will...I have not told the nephrologist yet because I am not completely sure but also because if I upset him he probably won't want to continue seeing me (and he is not legally allowed to see me since he is not licensed here in our states). It's a tough decision. He is very very smart. But that guarantees nothing unfortunately as I have already witnessed with other bright physicians. Not when it comes to super rare diseases. Leave it to me to get something totally rare and not run of the mill. Again. LOL. Speaking of photos, girrrrl, where are the photos of your new bling...cmon now. Spill. ;-)

@Austina glad you are getting much needed rain...we have some in our forecast for tomorrow but today looks to be another nice day. What a run of gorgeous weather we have enjoyed. Yesterday though was a bit ridiculous...75 degrees F. Which for me, is too hot for March. I mean cmon already lol. I was not ready for this heat and glad it is a bit cooler (albeit still above normal) today. Thanks for asking about Greg's knee. It was a bit less swelling yesterday. And he did walk with me for a little while. But it is very slow going this time around. I have not yet decided if I will let them take it away since I want to be sure about the new couches before I do...we can donate them to charity so maybe we will do that. Not sure yet. Enjoy a wonderful weekend

@Slickk happy weekend! Have a great weekend no matter what you do

@bling_dream19 hope all is going well and your weekend plans are fun

@marcy hope you had a good week and an even better weekend...don't work too hard...enjoy whatever you do

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well. Yesterday was a good day but omg it was HOT. I had a long walk and it was 75F and despite wearing light clothing it was still too hot for me. TG for the ocean which did help with its cool breeze and made the walk possible. Have a great Caturday Saturday all. Enjoy. XOXO

Moody clouds...gorgeous and you can see the city skyline in the background
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.22.51 AM.png

As usual the path was pretty quiet though more people than average because it was a gorgeous day
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.22.00 AM.png

One last cloud photo...they were so pretty yesterday

Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.27.31 AM.png

Thank you so much @missy xo

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee please research Trigeminal Neuralgia. I also took Gabapentin but it did not help me much if at all!! If the symptoms of TN look familiar to you, feel free to reach out to me on IG. Sending hugs and well wishes to you ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee please research Trigeminal Neuralgia. I also took Gabapentin but it did not help me much if at all!! If the symptoms of TN look familiar to you, feel free to reach out to me on IG. Sending hugs and well wishes to you ❤️

Thank you @Slickk I don’t have facial pain..Mine is on the back of the head behind my ear..up and down the skull..The skin burns like a bad sunburn on my ear, behind my ear and on the skin of my neck on the same side. I think it involves the occipital nerves..so it may be Occipital Neuralgia.
How long did it take to go away?
Thank you for offering to help. ❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Slickk I don’t have facial pain..Mine is on the back of the head behind my ear..up and down the skull..The skin burns like a bad sunburn on my ear, behind my ear and on the skin of my neck on the same side. I think it involves the occipital nerves..so it may be Occipital Neuralgia.
How long did it take to go away?
Thank you for offering to help. ❤️

@MamaBee imo nerve pain is the absolute worst, difficult to diagnose and hardest to treat. For me, they kept thinking it was a tooth problem. And most of you know how that turned out for me. It was an absolute nightmare. In the end, after the surgeries, that nerve is gone along with that awful pain. I did not find the gabapentin helpful much at all. Hoping the neurologist will diagnose quickly and find a course of treatment for you. Sending hugs and warm wishes as always. ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee nerve pain is awful--especially in the head. I had shingles in my face 10 years ago which has left me with post herpetic neuralgia. I don't recall the Gabapentin working all that well, so I didn't use it long term. Hope the Neurologist can give you some clues.

kind regards--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

@MamaBee nerve pain is awful--especially in the head. I had shingles in my face 10 years ago which has left me with post herpetic neuralgia. I don't recall the Gabapentin working all that well, so I didn't use it long term. Hope the Neurologist can give you some clues.

kind regards--Sharon

Thank you @canuk-gal..That sounds awful..Do you remember what helped?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee imo nerve pain is the absolute worst, difficult to diagnose and hardest to treat. For me, they kept thinking it was a tooth problem. And most of you know how that turned out for me. It was an absolute nightmare. In the end, after the surgeries, that nerve is gone along with that awful pain. I did not find the gabapentin helpful much at all. Hoping the neurologist will diagnose quickly and find a course of treatment for you. Sending hugs and warm wishes as always. ❤️

@Slickk Did you have the nerve removed? :oops2: I’m happy it’s over for you. I know you suffered so much..It really makes you remember that the simple things in life are so important…Hugs back

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slickk Did you have the nerve removed? :oops2: I’m happy it’s over for you. I know you suffered so much..It really makes you remember that the simple things in life are so important…Hugs back

@MamaBee thank you. The nerve was incidentally removed because they had to remove bone and then replace that bone!! Eek! I know!! :silenced: It’s traumatizing just thinking/talking about it again. I hope you get in soon!! The neurologist will help!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I receive Botox in my scalp/brows. It helps--but that I didn't start that for a few years after the shingles. I saw a Neurologist as well. Honestly not much helps--I'm sorry to say.....

kind regards--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I receive Botox in my scalp/brows. It helps--but that I didn't start that for a few years after the shingles. I saw a Neurologist as well. Honestly not much helps--I'm sorry to say.....

kind regards--Sharon

Thank you @canuk-gal …I want to know what this is but I don’t want it to be shingles…In a perfect world I want it to be an irritated nerve…I’ll wake up and it will be suddenly gone..I have a feeling that’s not going to happen..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

Just finished our first bike ride of the season! It is 14C and sunny. Kinda mucky out and ice on the side roads--so had to be careful. Gosh it was good to get out on the bike!! Will be warm for half the week then not. LOL.

@missy no I am not in IG but I looked up that cat. Famous feline!!!! Work was actually decent--and my colleagues fawned all over me since they haven't seen me in a while. LOL.

@Austina between you and @missy and your hot weather--I might have to officially unfriend you (or report you both to the mods)!!!!:P2

@Slickk send Bear pictures! Please!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More progress on the TBE. I cut up the floor plan to help me visualize it.

Back.png

Attachments

• Front TBE.png
    Front TBE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • North or left side.png
    North or left side.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • South or right side.png
    South or right side.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy time does fly. I like bargains, I wanted one of those lenses but not for the full retail price, so I’m happy to get a discount even if I have to use a piece of velcro once or twice a year. Generally, I am not going to care. Seems like I’ve been on an eatathon the last few days and tomorrow looks bleak as well. Back to normal on Monday. The same day you get your couches. Sweet. You had some lovely walks. Is Greg’s knee doing better?

@MamaBee I am relived to hear the nausea is over but sure hope they’d figure out what is going on so you can start treatments for it. I’ve been wondering how you are doing. I’d feel sorry for myself too, take care of yourself and sending you mega dust. Good luck with the neurologist, I totally believe we tend to know what’s going on with our bodies more than a specialist. When I had endometriosis - before it was diagnosed - they wanted me to do a spinal tap because my bladder kept quitting, I cancelled that appointment because A did not equal B in my mind. I was right.

@mrs-b an earthquake wine and eclipse. Sounds like an eerie and memorable experience. Only if the earthquakes is a mild one though. I am almost done with the front of the vest and since I am ALWAYS cold, I can wear it for a few more months. We don’t get warm weather here until June and it ends in August or September. I am loving the new lens. We cruised by the TBE estate twice today and were delighted to see framing started. I am with you on some doctors and medical care. Once you find a good one, keep them. When I was so overweight, I used to say I could walk in to the ER with a 2x4 stuck in my head and say I have a headache and they’d say it’s because you’re overweight. I’ve had too many poor doctors. Sweet that your earring and pendant arrived.

@Austina that it’s a virus seems to be a pat answer here too. I’ll never forget a dermatologist who I went to see about scars just growing on my back who said “I’ve never seen anything like it”. And that was it. Is 85 chilly for the pool? Seems like they like them around 90 degrees. It sounds warm to me. Nice to get some rain. I saw where Ohio and areas around there had tornadoes.

@canuk-gal nice to have a sunny day. Most of our snow melted by today and we sure need the moisture around here. Like @missy said - it’s great to crawl in to bed when the sheets are freshly washed. If we didn’t have a California King bed, I’d probably wash sheets several times a week. Of course, my favorite laundry trick is to throw my PJ’s in the dryer for about 10 minutes while I’m getting ready for bed. Yay for the 1st bike ride of the season.

@Slickk sorry you suffered so long with nerve pain. I am glad they figured it out.

The highlight of our day was seeing framing started on the TBE. I had to pull out the floor plan to help me “see” it better so thought that would help clarify those sticks for you ladies as well.

I actually didn’t work today. Yay me. We went out for breakfast. I played with my new lens briefly then went to a bridal shower. I’ve been to weddings with less attendees and gifts. She is a sweetheart of a lady and has a lot of friends. She is probably in her 50’s and her first marriage so everyone is excited for her. It took her almost 2 hours to open her gifts, but it was a fun time.

After I got home, Marty and I went out for supper. Tomorrow we are meeting my sister and BIL for dinner in Colorado.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results