carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy the smoke is so bad there. We had weeks like that here when Idaho and Yellowstone was one fire. We were getting ash from it and the sun was dim and orange. I did an article on it today and found quite a few tweets and we get pictures submitted to our sight that I used in the post. It's surreal. I guess there are over 400 fires and more than half of them are out of control. Glad you were able to go cycling. We've got a front to the east of us that won't move on so that's why we keep getting rain and very little smoke. Once it moves out, I'm sure the smoke will move back in. Maybe that same front is what is keeping the smoke over your area.

Not much new here today. Worked nine hours and we had another rain storm this afternoon. Marty is picking up Culver's for us tonight. Their flavor of the day for frozen custard is caramel chocolate chunk swirl. How could I not ask that he bring us supper.

I will be in trouble though. I put one of the teddy bears on the couch and opened his iPad to put in front of it. He has a keyboard attached to it and the iPad fell off on the floor and I don't know how it goes back together. Oops. Best warn him before he picks it up that it's probably loose. Maybe I'll go look on Amazon for pictures of how they attach. Get myself out of trouble.

Take care. Stay safe those near the fires or smoke. Everyone take care . . .

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy FriYAY!

@marcy you posted the first post on the 1000th page. Wow. LOL time flies. Yet it feels like a lifetime ago I started this thread. I am sorry you were dealing with smoke conditions too and hope they don't come back for you. It is surreal. Like the twilight zone or an apocalyptic world. Eery. Rain is good. Glad you are having rain. It will keep your air cleaner. Yummmmm custard. Uh oh, bad teddy bear lol. Hope no one got punished :lol:

@bling_dream19 girl, it's FriYAY... Woohoo

@Slickk weekend is almost here yay. Hope your plans involve fun and relaxation

@canuk-gal hope yesterday was not too stressful at work and you get to go cycling this weekend

@Austina hope you are enjoying your beautiful new Lexus

@springerspaniel hope your week is going very well

@mrs-b sending healing vibes and lots of love your and Tim's and Ballin's way

@Jemi I know you would be excited we reached 1000 pages. You were always the one to call that to our attention...hope you are doing well

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. We did NOT go cycling yesterday due to air quality concerns. I did call my dentist and was able to move up my end of June cleaning appt to yesterday morning so it all worked out. We ran errands afterwards and the day was fruitful. Despite being unable to ride. I have to check air quality today to see if riding is on the agenda. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying a wonderful week. XOXO

orangeglowysky.png

Happy FriYAY girls. May your day be filled with yay ((((Hugs))))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my photo but wow. I had to share this photo my friend sent me.
Breathtaking...looks like a painting IMO

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 7.00.15 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!

I am gutted the world seems to be on fire--take care folks! Breathe and be well! Work was lovely yesterday--like old times....and my family brought me a delish poke bowl for supper. It has been very hot here, perhaps well get out to ride before the big temps hit. It is hazy outside.

@Austina my BIL absolutely adores his ride-mower. Efficient and fun!
@marcy @missy take care in the smoky conditions. Wear a mask!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That looks awful @missy, not surprised you decided to stay in, all that smoke isn’t healthy at all. Glad you managed to move your dental appt., I actually had an appt yesterday to get my new mouth guard fitted, but the weather was so atrocious, I phoned and cancelled.

I’m sorry things are so bad there @canuk-gal, I really hope things get under control soon, and get back to normal. Yay to work not being a bear, makes life easier.

We had a monsoon here yesterday @marcy, we’ve had a ridiculous amount of rain this year. Good for the garden and the new grass, but it was quite scary how heavily it came down. Colin would’ve loved the frozen custard, he’s a chocoholic! We’re going to be in Colorado in August, I don’t know how far that is to you, or whether it would fit in to your plans to meet up. NO pressure whatsoever, just thought I’d mention it.

We got back from shopping just in time yesterday before the heavens opened, what a downpour! Today has been boiling hot, so we’ve made full use of the pool. We might go to an estate sale tomorrow, not to buy anything necessarily, but just for a look :mrgreen:

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls…I miss you all. It’s been just crazy here. I’m going to start reading to catch up. I hope everyone is doing well..XO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday!
It’s much healthier air quality yesterday and today thank goodness though I’m hearing this might become more common.
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 6.05.56 AM.png

@Austina thanks. We got to cycle yesterday because our air quality was back to good in the good zone. But wow. And this is not supposed to be a one time occurrence so we are expecting more smoke issues in the coming months or so I have heard. Our air purifiers arrived yesterday (three days early) and Greg will set them up today. I think we shall run them daily. One in the bedroom and one in the living room. Can't hurt right? Sorry you had to reschedule your dental appt the day before yesterday because of dangerous rain conditions. Safety above everything so smart move. And yay for swimming and lounging in your pool on hot days. Sweet

@MamaBee we missed you sweet lady. Big hugs. Good thoughts. Time to catch up with you so watch out for a text

@canuk-gal thanks and glad your air is good right now. Such a tragedy and so many affected. I keep thinking why don't we have better equipment to squash these fires in 2023. Glad you had a delish supper. I am not familiar with poke bowl but I am sure it is yummy

@marcy hope your air conditions are A OK

@bling_dream19 happy weekend

@Slickk have a good Caturday Saturday and hugs to Bear

So I am going to do labs this morning but just could not fast. I am doing thyroid and sex hormones. They do not technically require fasting however that is always how I do these labs so for consistency's sake I should fast but I just couldn't. Sigh. Hope this does not affect the results. OK ladies have a wonderful Caturday Saturday. Love you. XOXO

Our sweet reward
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 6.02.25 AM.png

Look how much clearer our skies are now (photo from yesterday's cycling)
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 6.02.45 AM.png

Bridge photo compared to the other day. You can actually see the bridge now
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 6.04.35 AM.png

Cats on their new toy (air purifier boxes lol)

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 6.03.04 AM.png

Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies! XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lost a long post! Poops!

That happens to me a lot! Now I just send part of it if I have to leave my iPad. It’s frustrating!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends I have some very special bling to share! Long story short, after sending my wedding set to BG for resizing, we ended up with a reset to have diamonds halfway around! And thankfully my friend @mrs-b helped me to look at everything and give feedback and she recommended a 6 prong head and tightly wrapped prongs. She also gently mentioned a 1.5 ct would be a lovely size on my finger. I had been wanting to upsize too and hubby was very excited! So we found a gorgeous 1.555 G VS1 and here are the pics! 20230525_175033.jpg 20230525_175056.jpg 20230525_180547.jpg

Attachments

• 20230525_175845.jpg
    20230525_175845.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 18

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! My husband is playing golf so I have some peace and quiet..I finally was able to read all your posts..So much is going on with everyone…
@missy I’m relieved to hear Greg’s doctor visits seem to be okay. I know how it is when they send you home for a follow up. It’s stressful to wait until the next visit. I hate that term...”watchful waiting..” I don’t know if that’s what they told Greg..but I’ve been told that too many times to count. I want to know like yesterday..I think it means that the doctor doesn’t think it’s serious..but want to keep an eye on it. I went through that with my heart for three years before the cardiologist released me to my doctor for her to follow up if/when I get symptoms..My tests are still wonky but they stay wonky and don’t get worse..so “watchful waiting..” I pray Greg stays healthy and happy..
I also wish you would stop your collection of maladies. :(2
I loved seeing all your photos..I really loved the ones with the cat doing the sexy poses on your patio/deck..I laughed out loud! Hysterical!
@Austina Your new car is gorgeous! You will notice a big difference in service with the Lexus dealer. The car must be a dream to drive! I LOVE a white car. So pretty!
Your haircut looks so pretty…I didn’t realize your hair got long. I remember a photo from way back where it was that length..I‘m so out of the loop..
@marcy Happy Belated birthday! I’m so sorry I missed the day! It sounds like you had a nice one. How many bears do you have? Did you post a photo of it? I have a collection of bears but I only take them out at Christmas. They wear Christmas sweaters, etc... haha Bailey used to run to get them lol I started putting them away except for Christmas.
I‘m sorry you’re still having pain in your hand/wrist. You do see improvement though, right? What did the doctor say about how long it will take to fully heal?
I LOVE YOUR NEW DIAMOND EARRINGS!! If you posted a photo of them on your ear I’ll have to go back to find it. I saw the two you posted from the glamour shots. So pretty! I agree with you about not changing the metal for your studs. I went with David Klass to do a custom setting for my lab diamonds. You can’t even see the metal on my ears. It was a waste. I could have purchased the stock setting and they would have looked the same to everyone. They sink into my ear enough that you can‘t even notice the setting.
@canuk-gal It sounds like you made up your mind go only work one day a week. I think that would be wonderful for you to have time to do the things you want without the stress.
I watch a lot of movies that my husband likes but I don’t..The hot dog would have inspired me to go too! :lol-2: I can’t remember the last time I had one. It’s really because I watch my salt. I’m going food shopping today..I’m going to try to find the lowest salt hot dog when I’m there…I got myself off blood pressure medicine just by significantly lowering the salt in my diet. I just won’t take my blood pressure that day..lol
@Slickk Are you out of school yet? What are your plans for the summer? I think of you often when I’m at the ortho/periodontist. It’s been a brutal journey with no end in sight. I just had gum grafting on four and a half teeth..I was given Tylenol #3. I had a severe reaction to the codeine. I had stomach pain that went through to my back for 7.5 hours until it wore off. On a scale of one to ten it was a fifteen. It took everything I had not to have my husband take me to the emergency room. TG it wore off. I just took plain Tylenol after that. I get twelve teeth done on July 12. I’m not looking forward to that. They took my stitches out recently. I couldn’t wear my bottom retainer for three weeks. I do have a permanent retainer in the back of my bottom teeth so that helped. Wearing that retainer after three weeks was horrible. It hurt like heck because the teeth started to shift. Fortunately last night it felt much less painful to have them in. Tylenol has been my friend..
@mrs-b I feel bad for everything you’re going through..Big hugs..
I‘m afraid I’m going to lose this so I’ll finish later. Hi to everyone else. XO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends I have some very special bling to share! Long story short, after sending my wedding set to BG for resizing, we ended up with a reset to have diamonds halfway around! And thankfully my friend @mrs-b helped me to look at everything and give feedback and she recommended a 6 prong head and tightly wrapped prongs. She also gently mentioned a 1.5 ct would be a lovely size on my finger. I had been wanting to upsize too and hubby was very excited! So we found a gorgeous 1.555 G VS1 and here are the pics! 20230525_175033.jpg 20230525_175056.jpg 20230525_180547.jpg

@bling_dream19 Your diamond and setting looks gorgeous! I love a six prong setting. The profile is so beautiful! You must be thrilled!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@MamaBee SO nice to hear from you!!!! I love BBQ hotdogs. Don't eat them often, but I do enjoy a good one! (angus beef). How is the house stuff coming along? How is your Mom? Sorry you are suffering with the dental stuff.

@missy I hope the smoke is dissipating where you are. We rode today (so I could get take out LOL) and DH had ice cream!

@Austina we could use some of your rain! It has been hot and dry here--but I think some showers might be on their way this week.

@bling_dream19 your new rings are stunning! What a splendid collection you have!!

@Calliecake what's new in your neck of the woods?

I am making headway on getting out of the habit of cooking LOL, but I did promise my family I'd make Sunday supper. I think Safeway had their t-bones on sale, so that will be easy.

cheers--Sharon

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

THAT IS ONE GORGEOUS RING @bling_dream19 !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

THUD!!!!

IMG_0915.gif

Wow @bling_dream19 truly the stuff of dreams. Your avatar name is perfect with this ring ♥️♥️♥️

Wear in good health and blingy joy dear sweet friend ((((Hugs))))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Sunday!

@MamaBee I am so glad you are back and I hope everything is going as smoothly as possible for you and the family. I am sorry you had to deal with watchful waiting and it can be very stressful indeed. But one day at a time and hoping for the best. Thank you as always for all your good wishes and as always sending plentiful good wishes your way too. Cannot wait for you to be in your beautiful new home :appl:

@MamaBee speaking of weird maladies I have a new thing omg. Suddenly a BIG bump appeared at the top of my foot and it is painless but huge. I noticed it last night and showed it to Greg who was like WTH is that. Ugh. I did not experience any trauma to it. I am worried because I get weird things and they are not always innocuous. I do not even know who to show this to if it doesn't go away. I want to laugh but not sure it is funny if you kwim. I am going to wait and see what happens speaking of watchful waiting lol and omg. OK that is enough of my worry vent for today. Have a fantastic Sunday!

@bling_dream19 SWOON!!!!!! Speechless with the classic elegance and stunning beauty of your new ring. It could not be more perfect for you :kiss2: So happy you love it and again I wish you only happiness and joy and all good things!!!

@canuk-gal yes thank you! The smoke has been gone for three days now and the air here is sweet once again. We rode Friday and Saturday and planning to ride today woohoo. Glad you are delegating some of the household chores including cooking and hope your sunday dinner turns out delish. If you are cooking less each meal will be that much sweeter IMO

@Slickk I hope you are having a terrific weekend. Soon weekdays and weekends will blur into another. Such is summer and so sweet it is

@Austina hope you are enjoying a lovely pool weekend. Love lazy (almost) summer days

@marcy hope all is going well

@mrs-b thinking of you

@rainwood we love the new purifiers. They are very quiet when on low. Filters (carbon) are pricey but it's worth it. I am going to order a few at least. Thank you again!

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 6.08.37 AM.png

Hi everyone else, hope all is well. We cycled yesterday and it was in a word fantastic. Today is much warmer but it is a cycling day woohoo. Rain is here starting tomorrow for at least a few days but hey cannot complain at all. In the past two plus weeks we only had to take off one day from cycling (due to smoke conditions) so I guess we are due and we desperately need the rain so bring it on.

May your Sunday be super sweet just like you XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 6.08.12 AM.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy could it be a ganglion cyst?
Hi all!! Reading along but concentrating on getting through the end of the year… :shifty:
((Hugs)) to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy could it be a ganglion cyst?
Hi all!! Reading along but concentrating on getting through the end of the year… :shifty:
((Hugs)) to all!

Thanks @Slickk that is one of my to rule out conditions. Ugh. I had one on my finger 2019 and it needed to be removed and my finger never went back straight unfortunately. I do not heal well and I hope whatever it is one it is treatable and two it won't affect my life too negatively if you know what I mean. Thank you for brainstorming for me!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Slickk that is one of my to rule out conditions. Ugh. I had one on my finger 2019 and it needed to be removed and my finger never went back straight unfortunately. I do not heal well and I hope whatever it is one it is treatable and two it won't affect my life too negatively if you know what I mean. Thank you for brainstorming for me!

If it is a ganglion cyst it could go away on its own. I had one on the side of my wrist many years ago. I knew what it was but I was too busy to go to the doctor..I know...:roll2:
I actually forgot about it..One day I noticed it was gone.. Don’t do as I did. If it stays longer than two weeks get it checked. It does sound like what @Slickk says though..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all of the love!
@MamaBee I'm loving the 6 prong, bring on the round! I adore the profile too. And I'm loving the diamond! Thank you for your sweet compliments.
@canuk-gal Thank you for your sweet words. I'm feeling extremely grateful wearing this gorgeous set.
@springerspaniel Thank you girl! I feel the same lol!
@missy You know I LOVE the swooning gif!! Thank you my friend! Thank you for your sweet words. The set feels like me and feels like I've been wearing it always. This set will bring a lifetime of love, health and happiness! I wish the same for you each day. We both live each day to the fullest and I love that about you.
Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy (how did you get here so fast!) marvelous Monday!

@bling_dream19 swoon swoon swoon!!!!!!! And yes!! Lifetime of good health, happiness and lots and lots of love

@Slickk hope this is near the end of the term and summer vacation starts very soon...after this challenging year you deserve the best summer vacation!

@MamaBee thanks for the help...it is always something and usually multiple somethings...hope you enjoyed a good visit with Chris and your mom yesterday!

@Austina the pool looks delicious! Bring on the heat :)

@rainwood have a fantastic trip! Looks so lovely where you are

@canuk-gal have a great week and may work go smoothly and your decision be easy

Hi everyone else, hope you all had a great weekend. We did and we cycled our hearts out yesterday and it was divine. Today there is some rain in our forecast early and then later heavier rains (which we need). So we are planning on cycling but also planning on getting wet lol. Hopefully it won't be too bad (I just washed my hair lol) but we will see. Enjoy a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 6.50.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 6.53.04 AM.png

May your Monday be as meowalicious as you are :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday lovelies

:kiss2: Your wedding set was lovely @bling_dream19, but now it’s perfection! Absolutely stunning and looks perfect on your hand. Lovely to hear from you and hope all is well with you.

I’m sure you must be mad busy and very excited to get in to your new home @MamaBee, not long now, I hope it all goes smoothly, and can’t wait to see photos if you’re willing to share.

Hi @Slickk, how’re you and your cute little Bear?

I’d happily send you some of our rain if I could @canuk-gal! Glad things have eased and you got outdoors. Good job on kicking the habit :lol:

Phew, glad that awful smoke has cleared @missy. Yes, the purifiers make a big difference, we put ours on when we notice the air quality changes and it clears it in no time. I have a little ganglion on the back of my right hand. Did you know the old wive’s tale was to whack it with a Bible to get rid of it? :lol: I can’t see that doing much good, and possibly causing injury! I hope all your labs come back clear, and that Greg‘s wait and see means nothing serious to worry about.

I hope you’ve had a work free weekend @marcy.

How was your weekend @mrs-b ?

It’s getting, hot, hot, hot here. We’ve spend a lot of time in the pool keeping cool this weekend. We heard that the terrible storm we had, caused lightening strikes on 4 homes in the area, resulting in one family losing their home.

Busy week with warranty work being done on the house, bug spraying, rescheduled dental appt., and my other car is supposed to be ready tomorrow! Been down this road before.

The weeks are whizzing by, I can’t believe we’re almost half way through the year already.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal that’s great work felt like old times. Makes a huge difference. Our smoke has only been moderate, they say it’ll shift our way soon though and give
@missy some relief. It is easy to get out of the habit of not cooking. I remember once at our old house, it was crappy weather, we were getting off work late all the time so just picked up stuff on the way home or went somewhere. Finally, it got to the point we were pretty much out of food at home so it became my fun challenge to see how long I could hold out from grocery shopping. The little things I do to amuse myself. That weekend we had a guy come over to have Marty help him with his computer. Marty asked me to cook them something for lunch - they got Kraft macaroni and cheese plus French fries. Surprisingly, neither one of them complained.

@Austina are you loving your pretty new car? Ooh, Colorado is quite close - depending on what part you are visiting. Do let me know. We are getting lots of rain here too. But certainly not the heat. I’ve had to crank on our furnace in the morning or I’d be in thermals. It’s getting down in the 40’s at night. Yes, rain does make things green for all of us. I’m with Colin on being a chocaholic.

@missy oh no to the bump on your foot. I wonder if you got a bug bite or something? If you’re like me - being those medical miracles - I get huge welts from bug bites. Glad you’ve been able to cycle some and the air quality has improved. We are getting rain daily here. It’s usually done by now, but the forecast continues to predict rain, rain and rain. LOL to the cats enjoying the new air purifier box. My sister’s grandson paid a visit recently, he’s 13 months old. They got him a big box of toys before he came and he liked their trashcan and the door to their entertainment center. LOL. Speaking of medical miracles - I have two eye questions for you? Can your vision change between allergy season and non-allergy season - especially if you have bad hay fever? And does weighing a significant amount less than before, change your vision? I “found” my glasses from 2019-2020 and can see distance way better in them than my current glasses. We have our annual appointments this Saturday.

@MamaBee glad to hear from you. I am sure you are crazy busy on house stuff. Sweet you have Christmas bears. That is what started my collection. I always bought the bears they have a Kay’s for Christmas as a St. Jude’s fundraiser. Each year I’d buy one of each and just donate the bears (or puppies) to their donation box. One year, they had one that matched our living room colors so I bought me one to take one. At our old house we had the loveseat (where I usually sit) and the couch (where Marty sprawls out) at a right angle to each but close together. So I bent the new teddy bear over Marty’s bare feet at were hitting my knee and pretended like the bear was choking from the smell. The next thing I knew, the bear was showed down in the cushion of the couch and only it’s paws were showing. A few weeks later, his Christmas stocking has the little original killer rabbit on top of it and it has a clip in its mouth so can bite things. The first thing he did with the rabbit was bite the arm of the teddy bear. Thus started our collection of bears and rabbits. As for how many do I have, let me go count. Looks like 25 bears. We have about a dozen rabbits and a dozen Snoopy. Plus two stuffed puppies. Thanks on my dangle earrings, I have not yet got a decent shot of them on me to post. I have tried. And I agree, you can’t see the metal on studs at all. Why waste that much money just to reset them?

@bling_dream19 your new rings and diamond are utter perfection. Don’t wear them and drive - you’ll end up in a ditch. Congratulations.

I’ve been busy not being retired and then binge watched the first two seasons of Picard this weekend. Marty and two of his clients competed in our state championship power lifting on Saturday and all won at least one of their divisions. His 81 year-old-lady even set a new state and national record for her weight and age division. She was so excited. It is so wonderful how the crowd really cheers for her and cheers her on. Nice. We all went out to dinner after the competition.

My fifth video is ready to post. Aak. I am getting to be quicker at them. Guess I’ve got the topic for the 6th one already. Who’d have thought me, a retired old lady making podcasts?

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal that’s great work felt like old times. Makes a huge difference. Our smoke has only been moderate, they say it’ll shift our way soon though and give
@missy some relief. It is easy to get out of the habit of not cooking. I remember once at our old house, it was crappy weather, we were getting off work late all the time so just picked up stuff on the way home or went somewhere. Finally, it got to the point we were pretty much out of food at home so it became my fun challenge to see how long I could hold out from grocery shopping. The little things I do to amuse myself. That weekend we had a guy come over to have Marty help him with his computer. Marty asked me to cook them something for lunch - they got Kraft macaroni and cheese plus French fries. Surprisingly, neither one of them complained.

@Austina are you loving your pretty new car? Ooh, Colorado is quite close - depending on what part you are visiting. Do let me know. We are getting lots of rain here too. But certainly not the heat. I’ve had to crank on our furnace in the morning or I’d be in thermals. It’s getting down in the 40’s at night. Yes, rain does make things green for all of us. I’m with Colin on being a chocaholic.

@missy oh no to the bump on your foot. I wonder if you got a bug bite or something? If you’re like me - being those medical miracles - I get huge welts from bug bites. Glad you’ve been able to cycle some and the air quality has improved. We are getting rain daily here. It’s usually done by now, but the forecast continues to predict rain, rain and rain. LOL to the cats enjoying the new air purifier box. My sister’s grandson paid a visit recently, he’s 13 months old. They got him a big box of toys before he came and he liked their trashcan and the door to their entertainment center. LOL. Speaking of medical miracles - I have two eye questions for you? Can your vision change between allergy season and non-allergy season - especially if you have bad hay fever? And does weighing a significant amount less than before, change your vision? I “found” my glasses from 2019-2020 and can see distance way better in them than my current glasses. We have our annual appointments this Saturday.

@MamaBee glad to hear from you. I am sure you are crazy busy on house stuff. Sweet you have Christmas bears. That is what started my collection. I always bought the bears they have a Kay’s for Christmas as a St. Jude’s fundraiser. Each year I’d buy one of each and just donate the bears (or puppies) to their donation box. One year, they had one that matched our living room colors so I bought me one to take one. At our old house we had the loveseat (where I usually sit) and the couch (where Marty sprawls out) at a right angle to each but close together. So I bent the new teddy bear over Marty’s bare feet at were hitting my knee and pretended like the bear was choking from the smell. The next thing I knew, the bear was showed down in the cushion of the couch and only it’s paws were showing. A few weeks later, his Christmas stocking has the little original killer rabbit on top of it and it has a clip in its mouth so can bite things. The first thing he did with the rabbit was bite the arm of the teddy bear. Thus started our collection of bears and rabbits. As for how many do I have, let me go count. Looks like 25 bears. We have about a dozen rabbits and a dozen Snoopy. Plus two stuffed puppies. Thanks on my dangle earrings, I have not yet got a decent shot of them on me to post. I have tried. And I agree, you can’t see the metal on studs at all. Why waste that much money just to reset them?

@bling_dream19 your new rings and diamond are utter perfection. Don’t wear them and drive - you’ll end up in a ditch. Congratulations.

I’ve been busy not being retired and then binge watched the first two seasons of Picard this weekend. Marty and two of his clients competed in our state championship power lifting on Saturday and all won at least one of their divisions. His 81 year-old-lady even set a new state and national record for her weight and age division. She was so excited. It is so wonderful how the crowd really cheers for her and cheers her on. Nice. We all went out to dinner after the competition.

My fifth video is ready to post. Aak. I am getting to be quicker at them. Guess I’ve got the topic for the 6th one already. Who’d have thought me, a retired old lady making podcasts?

Take care.
Marcy

@marcy you are multitalented!!!! And congrats to Marty and his successes!!! And yes, I did take something out for supper---but got take out anyway. :rolleyes: :P2 :tongue:

We really need the rain. I saw sad farmers faces on the news--drought. Rain is predicted ...it better come! Poor trees and sad farmers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! HAPPY terrific Tuesday!

@marcy luckily our air has been clear for four or five days now. Good air quality TG. So we only missed one day of cycling...though there are some dire predictions about this not being a one time event so we shall see. LOL I never got into the habit of cooking. Luckily Greg is a great chef. I eat well because of him. I wouldn't complain with Kraft macaroni and cheese and french fries either lol. Hope Marty's computer is fixed. Yeah this is not a bug bite. It's very big and no clue what it is. I did have a ganglion cyst on my finger in 2019 which kept growing and started moving the nail bed but this looks entirely different so I am not sure what it could be. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to see my podiatrist who I have not seen for well over a year and I hope he will know what it is. I was not sure who to see for this lol so decided he would be a good place to start and he is very smart. I just hope whatever it is isn't bad...because as you know my body does not cooperate at all with me. Speaking of bodies how sweet it is that Marty and two of his clients won the weight lifting competition. Nice going. And speaking of nice going woohoo for your fifth video and girrrrrl, you are NOT old. It's all relative. You are young compared to my 89 year old dad. LOL

@Austina what are your plans with the other car if it is indeed ready today? Are you trying to fight it with the lemon law and get your money back? With Lexus you do not generally need a backup car. Ugh sorry about your brutally hot weather and the lighting strikes. I never liked lightning or thunder and it scares me because of the damage it can do. We get our fair share of lightning here in the heat of the summer and I never enjoy those shows though Greg does. And same...the year is going too fast. I want to slow things down but know that is impossible. Stay cool in your pool and enjoy

@bling_dream19 hope you are fully enjoying your classically beautiful sophisticated new ring :kiss2:

@Slickk hope your week is going well

@canuk-gal hello there. Hope you get rain very soon

@MamaBee girl, hope all is going super smoothly. I know you are excited to start living in your new home which is TDF gorgeous. I LOVE everything about it. But you know that already. It was meant to be!

@mrs-b thinking of you and this photo from yesterday is for you

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 6.31.26 AM.png

We enjoyed a wonderful cycling day yesterday and hoping for the same today. HVAC guys are coming early this morning to do a system check despite the fact I have been using the AC for over a month now lol. Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. Be well and enjoy. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 6.32.59 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo, well done to Marty and his team, what an achievement, I hope I’m still that strong at 81. We’re going to watch the Shaw Classic strongman comp at the Budweiser Event Centre in Loveland, Colorado. We’ll be flying in to Denver on Friday, 18th August, the comp is Saturday and Sunday, and we’ll have all day Monday free before flying home on Tuesday. I don’t know the distances, so if it works for you, hopefully we can get together. You’re the busiest retired person I know!

Glad work feels like old times @canuk-gal, so not retiring yet?

I think of you as a medical miracle @missy, whatever crops up, you deal with it and don’t let it get the better of you. Glad the weather is cooperating for now, we’re thinking of getting a lightning rod, and so are our neighbours, so hopefully we can do a deal. We’re also looking in to getting the house surge protected, and have an electrician tomorrow to give us a quote. We’re so pleased with Blanche, and grateful for your recommendation, as for the other, OY! Our a/c is on year round, which is one of the reasons we installed solar.

We had the pest controllers out today, they’ve sprayed inside and out with an organic pesticide. I thought I found a scorpion in the pool today, but it turned out to be some other kind of creepy crawly :lol: We left the pool cover off last night to dissipate some of the heat, and went in at 9am today before it got too hot, and it was perfect.

Went to get my night guard fitted, but the dentist wasn’t happy with it, so is sending it back to be remade. We’ve really struck lucky with him, he’s so good and honest.

Got a painter coming tomorrow to do warranty touch ups, so we’ll be in all day.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thanks for the congrats to Marty and his team. They worked hard to get there.

@MamaBee I forgot to answer your question about my wrist. Overall it’s pretty good. I’ve been sleeping with a velcro wrist brace every night for about a month and that has stopped the pain and numbness. I’m hesitant to quit sleeping with the brace though. I might even try knitting this week. It’s hard to say how long it will take to heal, if at all. I do have full range of motion. And I dead lifted 105 pounds - 15 times on Sunday. Yay!

@canuk-gal good for you getting take out again. I resisted ordering in today and ate some more stuff out of the freezer. I hope you get rain soon. Supposedly our rain is finally moving on Friday. I do feel for farmers, there is so much out of their control. My BIL is a wheat farmer and he can’t farm now because we’ve had so much rain. Then his crops don’t come up when it’s dry. He’s always a nervous wreck.

@missy I hope the “thing” on your foot is nothing. Marty had a “thing” cut out of his back that was just a fat blob and about the 3” in diameter. Age is relative all right and my maturity level keeps me young. And yes, Greg is a great cook. I look forward to a piece of his apple pie someday. Glad you’ve been able to ride and the air quality is improved. Guess heavy smoke is coming back our way as soon as this rain system finally moves on.

@Austina Loveland (the Budweiser event center) is about an hour from us so yes, we should try to meet for lunch or something on Monday. That would be GREAT!!! I hope all of us are still going strong at 81. That would be great. I am busy. Good idea to get a lightning rod. At our last house, a lightning bolt struck - loudly - the power line behind our house at about 2 a.m and shot a power surge in to the house. Every thing that runs off electricity kicked on at once. It trashed phones, TV’s, VCR’s, computers, modems. It was nuts. And yes I screamed when it happened between the sound and the lights coming on . . . I hope spraying for bugs keeps them away, especially scorpions. Do you have to watch for termites there? That’s wonderful you found a dentist you like and trust.

I started work early so I was done today by about 4. Yay. Didn’t work on videos today so at least I felt like I knew what I was doing. Ha Ha. It’s kind of funny, I am the “expert” on videos now. Just that I’ve done more than the other ones making them. I’m the only one doing my own audio. They’ve either just used captions or used an AI voice.

We might have clear skies tonight so Marty plans on trying to get an astrophoto tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you notice we are on page 1,000? Wow!!!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
If it is a ganglion cyst it could go away on its own. I had one on the side of my wrist many years ago. I knew what it was but I was too busy to go to the doctor..I know...:roll2:
I actually forgot about it..One day I noticed it was gone.. Don’t do as I did. If it stays longer than two weeks get it checked. It does sound like what @Slickk says though..

I don't think I would wait to see if it goes away. Better safe than sorry. Get it checked out asap.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy wonderful Wednesday!

@marcy yes haha you posted the first post on the 1000th page...sweet
Thanks and yes. Aint aging grand...but I will take it any day over the alternative :)
I hoped it remained clear last night and marty was able to get his astro photo
I believe you are a video expert now...you have put a lot of time and energy into making them and it shows...nice going

@Austina I hope the Lexus provides many many years of smooth and reliable driving and if there should be a blip I can promise you their customer service goes above and beyond to make it right. Your pool looks very inviting and delicious and I know it will continue to bring sweet summer relief. Boo to bugs. I am not a fan and am like the cartoon character that goes eeeeek when I see one lol. We have a contract with a pest control company but I cannot remember the last time I let them inside the house and when they spray outside I am very careful to make sure they do not spray near where the feral cats hang out and they assure me it is safe for them anyway. But I do not believe them. I am not a fan of bugs but I do not want to harm any animals. I wish there was a better solution. What's that saying about bugs being the only ones who will survive a nuclear holocaust...something like that. They seem indestructible at times lol and :errrr:

@Slickk it's Wednesday already...time continues to fly

@bling_dream19 happy Wednesday...hope the week is going well

@MamaBee soon enough you will be in your new home...have you put your other home up for sale?

Hi @momofive I have an appointment next friday...I didn't want to text the doctor and ask for an ASAP appointment and hope waiting til then is OK...I will say it is not getting smaller unfortunately

Hi everyone else. We had a great cycling day yesterday but today unfortunately there is a prediction of thunder at noon so we won't be riding. Rain is OK (not great but OK) but thunderstorms...nope. Not cycling through those on purpose. We have cycled through those not on purpose and let me tell you it was not fun at all. One day we had hail and lightning and thunder all within the same time frame and yes we were cycling. I will never forget that. We were 25 miles from home. We waited out the hail under someone's porch but once that stopped we had to get back on the road because the thunderstorms were not going to let up for hours and we had company back at home anyway. LOL good times

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. May it be sweet and fruitful.
Be well. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 6.11.54 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results