carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy your ice cream looks delicious. LOL that I quickly became the video expert. You know me, I am determined to figure things out. Marty did get a nice photo but the latest astro camera he bought doesn't correct for coma on a lens, so his stars - though perfectly round - are big not pinpoint. Not awful, just not star-like. He set it to record for several hours and went to bed at 10:30, then brought it inside at about 4 a.m. this morning. Good idea to not cycle in a thunderstorm. Getting home during that one sounds like an adventure. I'll never forget a friend and I being caught out in a storm similar to that in my dad's jeep. We had the top off and it started pouring rain and hailing on us about 20 minutes from home. We got pretty soaked trying to get home. It was an old Willy's Jeep and had crappy wipers. It was an adventure, but we were teenagers so it was fine.

I even was semi-retired today. I met a friend for lunch at 12:30. I haven't really spent much time with her for years so it was nice to catch up with her. We ended up visiting for four hours. I planned on grabbing some groceries while I was out and put gas in my car. I skipped the groceries, but did get gas on the way home. So I only worked 5.5 hours today. Yay. It was kind of nice.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope the bad weather didn‘t hit you hard today @missy, I know you miss not being able to get out and cycle. We made sure we chose a pest control company who use organic pesticide, and unfortunately the type of bugs we have here are often huge and nasty. Yes, apparently only flies and cockroaches will survive a nuclear holocaust!

Glad to hear you at least tried to be a retired person today @marcy :lol: Nice to catch up with an old friend and take some time out for yourself today. Woohoo, the Monday will be great for us, and we’d love to meet for lunch. We’ll be staying at the Embassy Suites in Loveland, it’s right across from the Bud Event centre, so we can walk there as we won’t have a car. We can work out the speciifics nearer the time, but we’re looking forward to meeting you.

We had a lazy day today as we had a paint crew here doing touch ups and caulking. We also had our neighbour and little boy over to use the pool. We were both tired as we went out last night. There’s a neighbourhood book club that we were invited to, so L contacted me and asked if I wanted to go, so I did. We both met lots of other neighbourhood ladies and had a great time.

Also had an electrician to come and quote to add surge protection to our main electrical panel, which L & C also want to do.

It’s hot, hot, hot, so Colin and I spent a lot of time in the pool this afternoon keeping cool. It’s hard work, but someone’s got to do it :mrgreen:

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy terrific Thursday!

@Austina your pool boy is the best haha. Yes I missed not cycling yesterday but we got a lot accomplished. It actually didn't rain at all by us but for a few drops. And no thunderstorms. But we accomplished a lot and it was too risky to cycle. Today we are cycling woohoo. We did all our grocery shopping yesterday plus I ended up seeing my podiatrist as I texted him yesterday morning and he told me to come in so I did. He is the best.

Unfortunately it is a ganglion cyst as we suspected and he rather not do surgery because they all grow back. He said that is no longer the recommended standard of care. He tried draining it (ouch) but it was already solid so nothing came out. He sid he thinks I had it for a while since it was no longer soft. I am not observant unfortunately as I just noticed it a few days ago lol. So nothing for me to do but wait and hope it doesn't interfere with my activities or wearing shoes. It is in an awkward place. I asked him what happens if it starts bothering me and he said we try draining it again.

Umm yeah I hate bugs big or small but agree big bugs are the WORST. Just no.

Enjoy a terrific Thursday and a great rest of the week. I cannot believe we are already in mid June. I just cannot believe it.

@marcy yes it does look delish because it is :drool: I LOVE ice cream
Yes you are determined and I respect that and get it. Because I'm very similar. I do not give up easily. Just ask all my doctors haha. I am sure Marty's photos are great though didn't turn out exactly how he had hoped it would. And yes life's certainly an adventure but I could personally do without such adventures as getting caught in a hailstorm and thunderstorm. A man not far from us got hit by lightning yesterday but he is doing well. TG. Very scary. We actually did not get much rain at all yesterday nor thunder and lighting (at least not while I was awake). But we got so much done so I am very glad we opted not to ride yesterday. It was too risky plus we accomplished so much I am pleased

@Slickk you and @MamaBee were exactly right. Ganglion cyst. And mine is stubborn and wouldn't drain. Despite trying...ouch. So hoping it won't cause any issues but for now nothing left to do. But at least it is nothing horrible. That is something right? LOL. Thank you both for sharing your expertise with me. Much appreciated. And it did give me a chance to catch up with my very favorite podiatrist who is a hoot. We had actually not seen him for almost two years. We all were in disbelief but yes it's been almost two years. Time flies that is for sure.

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. My dad received his Father's Day gift from us yesterday and it was a HUGE hit. I mean we always get him steak from Omaha steaks but his favorite is hot dogs and hamburgers what can I say lol. So I ordered him the deluxe package and he now has 48 hamburgers and 48 hot dogs and more. He is thrilled and so are we because the gift made him so happy :)

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 6.26.03 AM.png

Have a terrific Thursday. Enjoy and be well. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 6.19.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 6.20.20 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And lol I forgot to share my podiatrist’s hysterical text reply to me yesterday morning lolol

C6694599-63ED-4649-8D64-00E384F666F3.jpeg

Gotta love the “young lady” remark too. I’m only 4 years younger than him. But lol hump day not bump day. Priceless :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had plenty of weather activity across our province--lots of thunderstorms, tornado sightings and rain. Yikes! It was cold and rainy yesterday--today is very smoky and stinky. Rain gone but hazy. I hope the farmers are a little happier and that there was some impact on the fires due to the rain.

I worked yesterday and feel frustrated with what's going on. Still contemplating what I want to do. Anyway.

@missy your Dad sure does look happy!! Yummy gift!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What can I tell ya? It’s HOT!!!

Ugh, I’m sorry @canuk-gal, sounds like you could be making a big decision soon, good luck with that. All I can tell you is that I don’t know anyone who’s regretted giving up work. Your weather sounds hectic and unpredictable, but I’m sure you’re right, and the farmers are welcoming the rain.

Eek @missy, sorry it’s a ganglion, hopefully it doesn’t get any bigger or cause you any bother or discomfort. The little one I have on the back of my hand has been the same size for years, so hopefully it’ll stay that way. Love the photo of your Dad, I’m sure he’s going to enjoy every mouthful, what a thoughtful gift.

We got up early and I tried out the tractor on the back garden, it’s a zero turn, so made light work of it. We then went to do our food shopping and after lunch, went in the pool. It’s 100 degs here and looks like next week is going to be the same.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well, staying safe and cool!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your very sweet compliments @Austina the rings feel perfectly at home on my hand and I feel very grateful. I'm so happy for you and your hubby living a great life!
@marcy thank you so much! I think we are ring twins with a 1.5 carat diamond on our fingers yay! And I will be careful not to stare too much while driving lol.
Nirdi shoutout and love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy FriYAY!

@Slickk one more week woohoo

@bling_dream19 I know you are doing well with that gorgeous perfect classic diamond engagement ring...it is purrrrrrfect in every way as the kitties like to say :)

@Austina aww thanks. Being on the top of my foot makes this a bit challenging but I figured it out yesterday how to do the treadmill despite the pain...I loosened my sneaker and had to tie the laces away from the tongue of the sneaker so there was no pressure there. LOL have to get inventive. Glad your ganglion cyst is not bothering you and has not become larger. Wow to 100 degrees. That is HOT

@canuk-gal thank you...my dad is such a sweet person. He has the best heart really. With the exception of my dh I have never met a man with as good a heart and soul. Of course I am biased but still...I wish you so much peace with whatever your work decision is. I know it is a challenging decision and you are going to make the best one for you no doubt. Take your time and do not second guess yourself. Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you. And as for the weather girl, I hear you. We are going to have an active weather pattern here for at least a few days and maybe all next week...thunderstorms etc. Sigh. Not my favorite but we need rain desperately here so...

@MamaBee how did the meatballs turn out? I am sure everyone loved it and glad the power stayed on...always nervewracking

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. Looks like a few days of thunder and storms and cycling might be off the schedule for a while. Hope you are all enjoying a terrific week and looking forward to a great weekend. We did cycle yesterday and it was so much fun...flying by the sea feeling free and at peace. Nothing like it. May your FriYAY be as wonderful as you. Lots of love and big hugs to my sweet friends here XOXO

deernationalpark.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 6.51.43 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy The meatballs were supposed to go into the freezer for next week when the company comes. The sausage I purchased was a new brand. It was awful! It was so sweet it turned my sauce into a liquid sugar bowl. Since I add sausage to my meatballs it was inedible! I dumped the sauce down the disposal. My husband wouldn’t let me throw out the meatballs. He liked it…I have no understanding how he could like it..So..I was pretty upset because it took me all day to make. I would have to make it again but he insisted we are catering the dinner..I’ve made this meal hundreds of times. Of course it would happen when it has to be perfect for company. I reluctantly agreed..It will be well over a thousand dollars to cater it. It makes me so mad..We leave on Monday for Maryland..We’ll stay one night and then drive to Virginia to meet with the contractor at the new house. He can tell us if he can install a microwave/wall oven in an area in the kitchen. We will drive directly back from there to Pa. Tuesday night. We have to clean the house to prepare for them. There’s just no time to remake all that food without killing myself. I need some cheese with my whine! Hahaha

Sorry this is all about me..Wah Wah Wah..

Hi and hugs to everyone..XO

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warm today and not stinky or smoky. So we went out for a ride--it was glorious. I miss my bike!!!

You all know I am the worst jewellery mother--I never clean my stuff. Anyway after louping my Tiffany "canary" I was mortified at the dirt. The setting is very low and tight and difficult to clean with a soft TB. So I got out my old US and even though the lid is broken, it still works!! I gave the bird a bath, and also cleaned my asscher eternity. They look stunning!! I am sufficiently embarrassed! :saint: :rolleyes:

@Austina you've got some hot temps for sure!!!! Yay pool! Any plans with your DS and Father's Day? I hope things are getting better in that regard.
@marcy glad you got out for a leisurely afternoon with a friend.
@missy sorry for that silly cyst. It can just leave anytime--sooner rather than later. Are you still wearing your gorgeous jewellery? I try even when I am at home doing nothing. I think of you every time I put on my dangly earrings. I usually wear my hoops when cycling!!
@bling_dream19 bling dream on with your gorgeous pieces!!! (reality!!)
@Slickk just a few more sleeps till vacay!!! You deserve your break!!
@MamaBee what a drag your meatballs were spoiled. You are so busy I can't keep up with you!!! Keep well. And I hope your kitchen stuff works out the way you hope.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy Caturday Saturday!

@MamaBee oh no I am sorry. Do not beat yourself up. You did what you could and I am sure they will enjoy the very expensive catering but girl, you better not beat yourself up about this. You are such a good daughter!

@canuk-gal yay so glad the smoke cleared and you got to enjoy cycling! We risked it too (despite threat of thunder) and did an abbreviated ride and got home before the thunder started though it did start drizzling but we made it home in time before the skies opened up. And LOL I am also the worst jewelry mother haha never clean my bling. I am a bad PSer :oops: Yes love my dangly earrings and my studs too now. I love all my bling but I admit to rarely wearing it. Again, bad PSer :oops:

@Slickk happy weekend and happy last school week upcoming woohoo

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday and yay for the weekend

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well.

So as I told Sharon we ended up chancing the thunderstorms and we did go cycling yesterday. Not our usual 50-55 miles but we cycled 38 miles. We were planning to do 40 miles (I like ending up at a round number..be it 40, 50, 55, 60 lol) but the rain started and luckily we were only a few miles from home at that time so we ended up doing 38 miles lol the OCD in me did not want to end at 38 but the practical side of me was like let's get home before the thunderstorms start in earnest. So we did :) Today we are seeing my mom and dad for an early Father's Day and so it will be a long day due to potential thunderstorms again and I am not a fan of driving in storms. But we decided yesterday we should see them so we are going.

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday. Enjoy, be safe and be well

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 6.03.18 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday lovelies

Sorry the sauce didn’t turn out well @MamaBee, what a shame. Honestly, if it saves you lots of hard work, then accept the caterers and enjoy the company. When do you move in to your new home?

Yay for clearer skies and cycling weather @canuk-gal. I cleaned my rings on Tuesday, and what a difference! I always take them off as soon as I get home and put them away, and don’t wear them when I’m doing anything, but they were obviously grubby because after cleaning, they were blindinly sparkly!

So glad you got out cycling yesterday, and managed to get back before the thunderstorms. We had another whopper last night, but it doesn’t look like we had any actual rain, just lots of noise and lightening. How lovely to be visiting your Mum and Dad today @missy, I’m sure they’ll be thrilled to see you both.

Another scorcher yesterday, we did a little gardening first thing, then got in the pool - the air temp was 114! Then I had things to do around the house, and spent the rest of the day trying to keep cool. I went back in the pool later, but it was still 80 degs here when we went to bed. We’ve got excessive heat warnings for the whole of next week, thank goodness for the pool!

No plans for tomorrow @canuk-gal, other than trying to keep cool.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina I agree the bugs are big where you are. I remember the bugs we had in the beach house in South Carolina, they were so big a fly swatter wasn’t going to cut it. Meeting up for lunch will be fun. I sent you my cell phone number in messenger in Facebook so we can chat off line. Does your hotel offer a shuttle service from the airport? That’s great you met more neighbors at the book club. Enjoy that heat for me. We are still chilly and rainy here and as you saw on FB, parts of the state had snow yesterday.

@missy the smoke is moving our way but the rain is keeping it at bay. It’s pouring right now while Marty is outside working on his telescopes and the trailer. Sorry to hear about the ganglion cyst, I bet trying to drain it was not fun and darn nothing came out after trying it. Hopefully, it just fades away for you. I’m with you on bugs, we have dozens of miller moths in our front screen door every morning. I walk through the garage, chase them all out with a flyer swatter and hope they don’t get in the house. I hate those things. Our chilly, rainy weather doesn’t seem like mid-June. That’s good the poor man hit by lightning is doing well. That is very scary. It’s wise to stay away from metal things during a lightning storm. The smile on your dad’s face is priceless. He has quite a few meals out of that many hamburgers and hot dogs. Their burgers are quite delicious. We’ve been buying beef from a local rancher who delivers to our door. It’s as good as Omaha Steaks and quite a bit cheaper. Glad you are going to see your parents.

@canuk-gal we are having the same chilly start to the summer here. Marty was just griping - where do we live again? Good luck with your decision on what to do about work. I always believe, when it’s right, you’ll know it. :) So by that logic, maybe this weekend we’ll win that lottery and I can buy us all something from Tiffany’s. Yay! Glad you cleaned your rings. I am very OCD and clean whatever I wear that day before I put it away. I’ve often had jewelers ask if I wear my RHR’s. And when I bring home jewelry the store has just cleaned and checked, yes, I clean it again. Marty just rolls his eyes.

@bling_dream19 yes we are diamond twins. Your set is fabulous with it too.

@MamaBee I’m so sorry the sweet sausage didn’t go well with your sauce. And now you are catering. Good luck with your quick trip and meeting the contractors.

I’ve just been working. I’ve got making podcasts and videos down so now I’ve ventured in to making goofy videos. I made one and sent it tomorrow last night about how wonderful teddy bears are and how mean killer rabbits are to teddy bears. I do crack myself up. A new way to amuse myself and torment Marty and friends.

We had our eye appointments today. Marty’s vision hasn’t changed but he wanted new glasses anyway. I was correct, my vision was changed quite a bit and close to the pair of glasses I had about four years ago. He said a lot of it was from losing so much weight. We both always do the pictures rather than dilation and the veins looked good with a few signs of being old, there was a spot on the right eye probably from too much sunlight as a kid that shows up later in life and a little piece of my left eye has floated off - again an old age thing. The cataracts are a bit larger but no where near big enough to remove yet. I got a new pair of glasses and turned in my sunglasses and computer glasses for new lenses. I have another pair of computer glasses already so I was fine leaving them there.

Take care,
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

@marcy actually we've had unseasonably warm and dry weather for June. Drought conditions (poor farmers...). We could use a day of rain.

@missy enjoy your family visit!!!!!! Wear jewellery!!!!!

A little too windy to ride to my fav Italian place. So I walked to the park instead. Got some take out, so once again I am successful in evading cooking. LOL

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal we did and I did :) Thank you. Haha good for you in being successful in avoiding cooking. Take out is always good especially from one's favorite Italian restaurant...yummm. Sorry to hear about the drought conditions. We too have not had significant rain for a long while and are in a drought situation here. Even yesterday no rain as predicted. Hopefully we all get the rain we need soon

This is for you Sharon

bubbalahincar.png

@marcy glad the rain is keeping the smoke at bay. Greg confirmed the hamburger and hot dogs are delicious because my mom cooked some for him to enjoy yesterday. Oh I would love to see your goofy videos lol. Glad your cataracts are not bad like mine and that you do not need surgery for them at this point. You and bling dream are diamond twins with impeccable taste. I bet you are looking forward to receiving your new glasses. And haha I am surprised summer has already made an appearance by you as we all know summer in Wymong shows up usually around August :lol: Speaking of lol those sneaky killer bunnies and the sweet teddy bears they torment...I am sure your movie is hysterical and yes we find ways to keep life amusing. Way to go Marcy :)

@bling_dream19 hope you are enjoying a wondeful weekend

@Slickk my sweet nieces are not yet done with school and tests. I know this upcoming week is your last week. I forgot to ask when their last week is...plus my oldest niece decided to take the SATs again (despite getting a good score IMO the first time) so that test is actually scheduled end of August and she is taking it 15 minutes from us here at the beach house so we are going to have them visit that day. I just hope the summer doesn't go fast and that August doesn't get here too soon. It's crazy now we are older months seem like days at times. Not exaggerating and it is going so fast. Though I suppose right now it is going slow for you...just a few more days!

@MamaBee hope you are having a good weekend

@rainwood hope you had a lovely trip

@Austina I imagine you and Colin are enjoying the pool on these hot Texas days

Hi everyone else. We went to my parents yesterday and it was a good visit. My dad is not steady on his feet however and has trouble getting up from chairs. I told him the cane isn't enough but of course no one in my family listens to me. Sigh. Just praying he doesn't fall because last time he did (over the dog's bone) he broke his hip. It was great seeing them and I cherish every moment as I know it is all too fleeting. And they have a new kitty addition. Susie. OMG she is PRECIOUS

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.21.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.21.23 AM.png

She is feral however and wouldn't let us get near her to touch her but let me feed her while she kept an eye on me lol. I hope my parents can make her more friendly. It's a challenge and many of their cats did come around to being more friendly after time but some are still truly feral and will not allow humans to touch them. But at least they are saving lives and they do neuter the animals as soon as they are old enough.

Loki

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.23.39 AM.png

JJ

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.23.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.24.58 AM.png

Loki again just chilling

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.26.16 AM.png

Zoe

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 6.26.47 AM.png

Have a super Sunday girls. Be well and enjoy XOXO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal good deal to continuing your steak of not cooking. I'm rooting for you to keep that streak going. The best part - is no or only a few dishes. Yay! We finally got in the 70's today but I swear that wind is coming off a glacier somewhere.

@missy first I'd like to say it's been too long since you posted a picture of your lovely diamond ring. Swoon. It's so pretty. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the day with your parents. That's good to know Greg tested some of the delicious hamburgers and hot dogs. Their new kitty is very sweet looking. I totally get you about the cane, they seem kind of dangerous and are easy to trip over or trip someone else with them, not much you can do though if that's what he prefers to use. IMO walkers are far safer to use. Those killer rabbits are stinkers all right. My poor teddy bears. Of course, I'd never instigate any shenanigans. I hunted down another pair of glasses - the next glasses after the pair I just started wearing and they are even clearer for me. I am typing without my computer glasses right now and can actually see what I'm typing. Yay. There is hope.

Marty enjoyed a few hours of star gazing last night. Then it got cloudy. Two other guys were there who generally just take pictures so they enjoyed having Marty show them around the sky and got to look through his telescope. He didn't get home today until about 1:30 p.m. so I met him for lunch then he unpacked the trailer and took it back to our friends where we are storing it.

I lifted this morning, sadly pulled some of my flowers that are more dead than alive, did laundry and worked on my next work related video.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies! Happy Juneteenth and happy Marvelous Monday

@marcy I hear you about the glasses and the vision. I think I mentioned I have a pretty significant cataract in my right eye. But I am hesitant to have it removed due to the fact it will raise my risk of a retinal detachment by a large percentage. But of course I need to get it removed before it gets harder to remove as a very dense cataract is more challenging to operate on...anyway I digress as usual lol. Being retired I feel out of the eye loop and do not have a cataract surgeon I know and trust right now. As for those killer bunnies ooh they are wicked. Poor sweet teddies.Give them all a hug from their auntie missy. What fun Marty got to star gaze the other night before the clouds arrived. Sweet you lifted yesterday...today is my turn. I am feeling not into it but once I start hopefully it will get easier. Sorry about your dead flowers. Glad you worked on your work video and did laundry. Sweet. Speaking of laundry I had to do the sheets and comforter yesterday thanks to Sir Tommy vomiting all over them. Why do they choose the only area that is not easily cleaned? We have wood floors throughout the house. I mean usually Sir Tommy jumps off the bed to vomit but not this time. And it was a significant throw up...,my sweet kitties lol. Yesterday was the four year anniversary of Francesca's death. I think of her EVERY single day. So yesterday was no harder than every other day thinking about her. I miss her so. Hard to believe it still hurts (almost) as much as the day she died. :( Sorry to be a downer. I will leave it on a good note. Cycling today woohoo

We had a good cycling day yesterday. Tomorrow is one of the most scary appointments for us in the city. I have been stressing about it for a while now. Almost to the point I want to skip it and just not know. But of course we will go and hope for the best. Meanwhile I did labs 9 days ago and still no results. These tests should have taken 3 days tops. Sigh. The waiting is not fun but trying to compartmentalize. I hope you are all doing well and enjoyed a wonderful weekend.

@bling_dream19 @Slickk @canuk-gal @mrs-b @Austina @MamaBee @springerspaniel @rainwood and everyone else. Enjoy a marvelous and sweet Monday XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 6.01.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 6.04.03 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy hope your appt went well. Love the kitty pics! I wish your Dad would use a walker! Falls are scary events.

@marcy did we win the Lotto yet?

@Austina still hot your way? There were snowfall warnings for some higher elevations in the Rockies--glad I was not there! Our weather has been cool and a bit of rain..at least no smoke at present.

Had a quiet Fathers Day--I did cook for my family tho! Took my DS to a medical appt today--and got take out on the way home. LOL I do have leftovers from yesterday--but as I work two days this week, they'll get eaten. Eventually.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy I hope your appointment goes well. Keeping you in my thoughts. Sorry about your cataracts too. I am not looking forward to the eventual removal of mine either. I don't know if it'd even help the left eye with the scar on the Macula. Those mean little killer rabbits better watch it. Marty will be gone twice next month and they'll be thrown on the deck if they misbehave. Ha! Oh no to Tommy getting sick and all over your comforter. Of course, it wouldn't be somewhere easy to clean up. Big hugs to you missing sweet Francesca, it doesn't seem like four years. :cry2: I am glad you got to cycle.

@canuk-gal I've got a $5 winner and a $6 winner. I have NO intention of giving Marty half of it either. It's more important to try and build up that Tiffany fund.

I worked most of the day. A friend came over for lunch and we played cards.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies, happy Monday!

Yep, still hot here @canuk-gal, it’s gone 6pm and still 102 degs although, it doesn’t feel too bad as it’s dull. Hope DS is OK and the medical appt wasn’t for anything serious. Yay to take away!

Thanks @marcy, we’re counting down the days! We’ll probably get an Uber from the airport to the hotel, I’m not sure the hotel runs a shuttle service. Glad Marty enjoyed his star gazing, did he get any good shots? Yay to the Tiffany fund being topped up by your big wins!! Glad you had some down time from work playing cards with a friend.

Lovely photos @missy, so glad you got to see your Mum and Dad, and Greg got to enjoy the burgers and hot dogs. Aww what a cute little kitty, how many does that make that your parents have? Nice to see Bubbalah getting an outing :mrgreen:

We’ve spent a lot of time in the pool and in the shade this weekend. Colin fancied Chinese food, so we got a delivery via Uber Eats. TBH it wasn’t that great, so lesson learned, we wouldn’t order from that restaurant again. There was so much, we had it on Saturday and Sunday, at least I didn’t have to cook :lol:

Went in the pool early again today because we’re in for 100+ temps for the next 10 days. Scorchio!!! (That’s a reference to a comedy sketch show we used to get in the UK called The Fast Show. There used to be a meteorologist called Michael Fish who did the weather on the BBC).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies, happy Monday!

Yep, still hot here @canuk-gal, it’s gone 6pm and still 102 degs although, it doesn’t feel too bad as it’s dull. Hope DS is OK and the medical appt wasn’t for anything serious. Yay to take away!

Thanks @marcy, we’re counting down the days! We’ll probably get an Uber from the airport to the hotel, I’m not sure the hotel runs a shuttle service. Glad Marty enjoyed his star gazing, did he get any good shots? Yay to the Tiffany fund being topped up by your big wins!! Glad you had some down time from work playing cards with a friend.

Lovely photos @missy, so glad you got to see your Mum and Dad, and Greg got to enjoy the burgers and hot dogs. Aww what a cute little kitty, how many does that make that your parents have? Nice to see Bubbalah getting an outing :mrgreen:

We’ve spent a lot of time in the pool and in the shade this weekend. Colin fancied Chinese food, so we got a delivery via Uber Eats. TBH it wasn’t that great, so lesson learned, we wouldn’t order from that restaurant again. There was so much, we had it on Saturday and Sunday, at least I didn’t have to cook :lol:

Went in the pool early again today because we’re in for 100+ temps for the next 10 days. Scorchio!!! (That’s a reference to a comedy sketch show we used to get in the UK called The Fast Show. There used to be a meteorologist called Michael Fish who did the weather on the BBC).

Steve Martin did a similar skit in LA Story. Everyday is sunny ( aka Cali).... LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@Austina I'm looking forward to it as well. Just something to think about - because I don't know - will Uber's drive you that far? DIA is about an hour from the Budweiser center - maybe 40 miles? I hate to have you stranded at the airport. Being a Wyoming girl, I don't know squat about public transportation or Ubers. You are certainly in the 3-digit temperature range. We got in the 80's today. I still have on a long sleeve top and a light sweatshirt. Marty did not take pictures this weekend, he just observed through his telescope. Yesterday he got some great videos of the sun. Too bad he wasn't messing with that today because there was a big flare he might have caught. Yay for ordering in food and not cooking, that is low on my list to do when it's that hot. Darn the Chinese food wasn't that good. That video is awesome. It applies.

@canuk-gal Steve Martin was quite entertaining the his early days. Wouldn't it be nice to live somewhere that's warm and sunny everyday. I don't think either of us qualify.

I worked about nine hours today. Got my "big" monthly chore almost done. Adding in videos has really put me behind on my usual stuff.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for the info @marcy. Colin thinks we should be able to get a ride of some kind from the airport, we’ll look in to alternatives. I don’t think you’d like these temperatures, it’s ridiculous that it‘s not even getting below 75 at night. In England, 75 was considered a lovely summer day :lol:

Hope it’s been a good day for you @canuk-gal.

Did you get out and ride today @missy?

We were in the pool first thing before it got too hot, then we came in and I’ve been touching up paintwork. I stupidly tripped and spilt a glass of iced tea all over the side of my island the other day, plus I’ve noticed a few places where the painters actually missed.

Other than that, I’ve had a lazy day.

Off to Costco tomorrow, hopefully won’t spend a fortune :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick fly by for now. @Austina yes we did cycle after our medical appointments in the city. Rain is predicted starting Wednesday night through next week so we’re making the most of it. Glad you’re keeping cool in the pool :)

Hey @marcy hope your day is going well

Just wanted to wish @mrs-b a splendid spectacular birthday!!!!

Dearest mrs-b
You are kind and smart
lovely and sassy
You are one very
sweet NIRDI lassie
You make PS a special place to be
Gracing us with your lovely company

You love beautiful bling
as many of us do
But it isn't the bling
that makes us care about you
You are a special person
delightful through and through
And we are so lucky
you're with the NIRDI crew

Wishing you happiness and health
today and all the year through
All the best and continued success
In everything you do
Big hugs and much love from all of us

Your sweet and mushy NIRDI crew

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for the info @marcy. Colin thinks we should be able to get a ride of some kind from the airport, we’ll look in to alternatives. I don’t think you’d like these temperatures, it’s ridiculous that it‘s not even getting below 75 at night. In England, 75 was considered a lovely summer day :lol:

Hope it’s been a good day for you @canuk-gal.

Did you get out and ride today @missy?

We were in the pool first thing before it got too hot, then we came in and I’ve been touching up paintwork. I stupidly tripped and spilt a glass of iced tea all over the side of my island the other day, plus I’ve noticed a few places where the painters actually missed.

Other than that, I’ve had a lazy day.

Off to Costco tomorrow, hopefully won’t spend a fortune :wavey:

@Austina Marty says you should be able to get a Uber at DIA okay. He travels way more than I do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I loved my poem - thank you so much! You're so kind to go to that sort of effort. ox

It's been a very quiet day, given the I had a big bout of food poisoning last night after eating the remains of a lobster dinner we had on Saturday. We ate outside, and I think the leftover lobby was left on the kitchen counter for a while before someone put it back into the fridge (no names on this!). So when I ate the remains the next day, things weren't *as* fresh as they should have been! So last night it all started to kick in, and the rest of the night was spent in the bathroom with my head down the toilet.

So today was quiet and not quite what I had planned, but to be honest, any day with Tim is a good day, so I had a pleasant day regardless. My gardener also came by today and did a bunch of small jobs, plus planted a beautiful new miniature Japanese maple Tim bought me on the weekend. There's nothing I like in life more than a beautiful garden, so as gifts go, this was perfect for me!

And @marcy - thank you for the kind message. :)

We still have no definitive info re Tim and his progress, but I'll share what I know as it comes through.

Love to you all! oxo

ETA. @missy - did the lump on your foot go away? I had a huge lump that arrived overnight on my shin. It shrank and turned from golfball size into something hard and pea sized. But it never completely went away and it's taken almost 4 years to get to its current size.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends I have some very special bling to share! Long story short, after sending my wedding set to BG for resizing, we ended up with a reset to have diamonds halfway around! And thankfully my friend @mrs-b helped me to look at everything and give feedback and she recommended a 6 prong head and tightly wrapped prongs. She also gently mentioned a 1.5 ct would be a lovely size on my finger. I had been wanting to upsize too and hubby was very excited! So we found a gorgeous 1.555 G VS1 and here are the pics! 20230525_175033.jpg 20230525_175056.jpg 20230525_180547.jpg

@bling_dream19 -

I wanted to make a new post for this because - it deserves it!!

So firstly - your gorgeous hands/fingers!! I DREAM of having fingers like that! So beautiful!

And I LOVE those rings! They're exactly the style and proportions you wanted, and I do have to say, 1.55ct on your hand is <chef's kiss>!!

It's such a classic look - I absolutely love them! Congratulations on hitting your dream rings. Your collection goes from strength to strength and is pure class. GORGEOUS!! <3.

(Have you worn them with your diamond bracelet yet?? YOWZA!!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy wonderful Wednesday! Happy Summer! OMG it's summer already wow

Oh no @mrs-b we cannot make this stuff up. I'm so so sorry :( ugh food poisoning is the worst and on your birthday...not fair! I hope you are feeling much much better today. Thanks for asking about the lump on my foot. Nope. It's not going away. I had a ganglion cyst on my pointer finger my derm and I were monitoring but it kept growing and started displacing my fingernail so I had to see a hand surgeon and he had to operate on it and my finger is still bent (2019 surgery) so I sure hope that won't happen with this. As you know we cannot control so much of what happens and it can be frustrating at best and scary at worst. How is Tim feeling emotionally? How are you? I am keeping you and Tim and Ballin in my thoughts and non religious prayers daily. Big hugs birthday girl. XOXO

@marcy ooh sweet Marty got good sun videos. I know he is wearing the appropriate eyewear. Girl, 9 hours is a full work day. I don't have the energy lol. Thank you so much for your kind wishes and well wishes. And yes it feels like yesterday on so many levels. I still cry over her every day. It is one of the reasons we did not want human children. I knew I wouldn't recover from anything bad happening to them and I also just knew it wasn't for me. I mean I cannot even get over losing Francesca. I know it is pathetic to some but I also know most of the NIRDIs (or maybe all) understand. I lost my sweet daughter and she was barely 10. I mourn more for her life cut short than I do for me missing her if that makes sense. I just wish she had more time here on earth :( Our appointment went OK but I did have a slight decrease in my L1 and L2 and am concerned about that though the doctor pooh pooed it which well doesn't mean anything because we see him for his expertise in administering the DXA. Not for his evaluation abilities. Unfortunately the laws have changed and now I cannot see the specialist in Colorado though I emailed him last night and he replied immediately. I do not want to take advantage so unsure a call will really happen but he is such a good soul

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 6.35.06 AM.png

I mean look at what we are up against. I am very frustrated with healthcare in this county. Period. I am not saying any other country is better regarding healthcare because when it comes down to it they all have their disadvantages :(

@canuk-gal thanks for your good wishes and I hope you are having a good week and all is going smoothly. My appt update is above in my reply to Marcy.

@Slickk only a couple more days woohoo

@bling_dream19 how are you doing? Updates?

@Austina your pool is so lovely and inviting and if I didn't hate flying and we didn't have the most needy cats in the world I would be visiting (if that was OK with you lol) tomorrow. If only...enjoy the cool pool in this oppressive heat

Hi everyone else. We went cycling after our medical appointments yesterday and it was a very busy full day. Today cycling but then rain for 7 plus days so I do not think cycling is in our forecast anytime soon after today. I hope you are all having a wonderful week and have a wonderful Wednesday and first day of summer. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 6.39.41 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy belated birthday @mrs-b, I’m so sorry it was spent with your head down the toilet! I think the worst food poisoning I’ve ever had was from lobster, so I can certainly sympathise with you there! I love Acers, but sadly I doubt they’d survive here, but we had several back in England. Continuing to keep positive thoughts for you and Tim.

It’s not silly @missy, pets are a huge part of our lives and when they go, especially when they haven’t had their full lives, it’s devastating. I still think of Dottie often and miss her terribly. I’ve been following a pitbull on FB called Destiny (The Pibble). She’s been battling cancer, and sadly lost her fight yesterday, and even though I didn’t know her, I had tears streaming down my face when I read the news. Of course you’d be very welcome if you ever visited, but I doubt you’d enjoy our current weather.

Colin checked, and is pretty sure we’ll be able to get an Uber @marcy, so we should be OK. I don’t want to have to get a rental as I’ll have no idea where I’ll be going, and the venue is just across from the hotel, so we wouldn’t use the car apart from getting to and from the airport.

Off to Costco this morning, and will hopefully come back with both arms and legs :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results