shape
carat
color
clarity

North/East/South/West prong settings? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I''ve seen a couple of rings with prongs in a north/east/south/west position, and I really love the look. Has anyone seen any others like this? I''ll post a couple that I''ve seen below. I really like this setting with a round stone - so unique!

I also read in another thread that someone had seen a similar setting with an asscher, but couldn''t find a pic -- I would LOVE to see that as well.

Thanks SO much!

First, the Temple St. Clair that I''m in love with...

dreamtscring2.jpg

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Another Temple St. Clair. I wonder if it would look even prettier with double prongs in each position?...

TSCplain.jpg

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
This one is from Sun Jewelry. Not sure if it''s just a picture quality issue or why it looks funny, but I really like the general shape...

neswprongssunjewelry.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a Mark Schneider stunner:

Detail-Treasure.jpg

Devlgrl2000

Rough_Rock
I''m also in the process of trying to find the right prongs for the same idea, but with a "star set" princess center and two regular angled princess side stones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jenn

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the very first Temple St. Clair photo in the OP -- the style is classic with just the one twist of the prong position. For me, going with a classic, simple style is showing excellent taste. But if you take that simple setting and add just one small tweak to it, that ups the "excellent taste" to the exquisite level.

That said, it is possible to tweak too much. The ring with a diamond on the top of each prong (can''t remember the designers name) is in that category (to me). Maybe it looks different in person, but that photo reminds me of a cluster ring rather than a solitaire. It''s not a halo, nor a three-stone -- the ring is just in its own category.

milku

Rough_Rock
I just got mine like that:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-upgraded-anniversary-ring.93274/

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
it''s lovely milku! i really like how it has double prongs at two of the points. i think the compass setting (or whatever it''s called) really adds some visual interest to round stones, especially when they''re set in a more simple solitare setting. they just make me go "wow".

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You asked for kite/star-set Asscher pics, and that brought to mind a ring I found online a long time ago, before I ever came across PS...
Royal Asscher

It creates a really cool effect, especially with those big thick windmills! The windmills and the parts in between them are pretty much the same size in this stone, and I think if you''re going to set an Asscher that way, big windmills are the way to go.

By contrast, here are 2 similar settings with smaller windmills and a bezel setting. I don''t think these Asschers are quite as "kicken" as the first, but the bezel is pretty cool.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
What a huge coincidence! I just posted my Leon Mege ring with N/S/E/W prongs. I was sooo worried I wouldn''t like it, but the claw prongs are so tiny, you can hardly notice them. I like how it makes my ring a bit different from so many other 4-prong rings out there. Classic, but with a twist
2.gif
I wanted a setting that I wouldn''t regret later, but would have a little something special to make it distictly mine.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-mege-and-singlestone-band-finally-complete.93839/

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Melanie611 -- WOW! Just wow. If I didn''t have my heart set on an emerald cut, that is exactly the look I would go for. Not only N/E/S/W, but double prongs as well! Oh my, it really does add an appealing twist, and perfect pairing with the other bands.

jstarfireb, thanks for the examples of the asscher "kites" -- yet another new term for me to learn!

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Thanks lovinsparkles! Did you see emeraldlover''s tacori? It''s gorgeous! It almost makes me want to go out and get a halo ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results