shape
carat
color
clarity

Noob Here!!!...Need Expert Help Choosing LGD!!!

arbowman

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I am looking to purchase a lab grown center stone for a custom made engagement ring. This is my first diamond purchase so I am a bit overwhelmed with all the factors that go into buying a high quality diamond. I have educated myself on the 4c's but when it comes to all the technical detail stuff that separates an OK diamond from a great diamond, I am hopelessly lost. I am hoping the wonderful experts here can provide some recommendations on the perfect LGD for my custom setting. My main goal is to get the highest quality, best looking, highest bang for the buck diamond I can get so I am open to any and all suggestions even if the diamond has specifications that go slightly outside the ranges I have listed below except for the budget.

Here are the specs I am hoping for:

Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat: 1.8 minimum, 2.0+ is preferred
Color: I or higher
Clarity: VS2 or higher, possible SI1 if eye clean
Cut: Excellent or Ideal
Budget: $3500

The custom setting will be very similar to the link below except the center stone will be round and the cushion halo and split shank will be made to be proportional to whatever size center stone I provide.

I will consider upgrading the halo stones and pave stones if they will make the center stone look better or worse in some way. Any info about that issue will be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the biggest size stone you would consider? I ask because I'm seeing stones for close to 3ct that are under $3500.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some stones for you to take a look at.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, arbowman!

Some great deals at Ritani to pick from!
I just got a 2.76 D VS2 from Ritani for my wife's upgrade...zero regrets!

arbowman

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies!

I would consider anything up to 2.5 carats. I think anything above that size, the halo would have to be enlarged so much to accommodate that size stone that it would be on the verge of getting "too big". I think right around 2ct is the right number. If I can get a great 2ct diamond for $2500, I will use the extra $1000 to upgrade the halo and pave diamonds to more closely match the center stone.

Quality is what I'm concerned with the most. I want the best looking diamond I can get for my money. I just don't know what makes one diamond look better compared to another one when all the 4c's are very similar. I know there is a lot more information in the HCA report and Idealscope image that helps with comparing quality but I am unfamiliar with how to interpret all that information. This is where I need an expert to review this information and let me know which diamond with very similar specs is the better diamond!

Is there a reason why you both recommended diamonds from Ritani?

Does Ritani provide Idealscope images?

Last edited:

Rangoon09

Rough_Rock

I would consider anything up to 2.5 carats. I think anything above that size, the halo would have to be enlarged so much to accommodate that size stone that it would be on the verge of getting "too big". I think right around 2ct is the right number. If I can get a great 2ct diamond for $2500, I will use the extra $1000 to upgrade the halo and pave diamonds to more closely match the center stone.

Quality is what I'm concerned with the most. I want the best looking diamond I can get for my money. I just don't know what makes one diamond look better compared to another one when all the 4c's are very similar. I know there is a lot more information in the HCA report and Idealscope image that helps with comparing quality but I am unfamiliar with how to interpret all that information. This is where I need an expert to review this information and provide a recommendation for the best diamond!

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-4...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg520292973-sku-d-27fijqbfcd

maybe?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Quality is what I'm concerned with the most. I want the best looking diamond I can get for my money. I just don't know what makes one diamond look better compared to another one when all the 4c's are very similar. I know there is a lot more information in the HCA report and Idealscope image that helps with comparing quality but I am unfamiliar with how to interpret all that information. This is where I need an expert to review this information and let me know which diamond with very similar specs is the better diamond!

For at least the last month or so, Ritani has had the best prices for modern rounds. They will occasionally provide Ideal-Scope images, but they're pretty slow about it, so I suggest putting the stones you like on hold before requesting the images.

I found four more diamond options for you.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Have you picked a vendor to do the setting for you?

If you haven't, and you have the budget for an exquisite pave, this is screaming "please use Victor Canera!"

So many examples from other PS members here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/

Note that he can be selective about working with outside stones, though, so if you decide you want to use him you should contact him in advance of purchasing a stone to see what the process is there.

Attachments

• 1669172340031.png
    1669172340031.png
    751.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 1669172419343.png
    1669172419343.png
    804.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 1669172952619.png
    1669172952619.png
    653.8 KB · Views: 61

arbowman

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone for your recommendations.

I am still completely clueless as to why some diamonds with the exact same 4c's specs have such a wide price range. On the Ritani site, I filter the stones to have exactly the same specs (no range) and there is a 100% difference in price from low to high.

For those who made the stone recommendations, what criteria are you using to chose the diamonds you recommended over the other exact same 4c's diamonds with a lower price?

I do have a local vendor I have been consulting with. It is an independent local jewelry store that designs and build custom rings.

emmy12, I really like the Victor Canera designs you shared. They are exactly what we are looking for. So I went to the VC website and chatted with Nathan. He was awesome. He quoted $7500 for any of those style rings with a 2ct super ideal cut center stone which is great because that is the top end of my total budget. The VC ring would be a custom hand ring made from forged platinum which is the only metal they will use. Providing my own stone was not an option and they don't have any lab stones listed on their website that I can choose from. I would have to choose from their recommendations which is ok I guess as long as all the specs and idealscope, aset scope images look good...

My local jeweler designer will be casting (no forging option) the ring in whatever metal I chose and I will be providing the center stone. The only benefit I really like about my local jeweler is that they will provide a CAD drawing that we can modify until everything is perfect and then they will 3D print a wax model for my wife to try on in person before we commit to the actual ring being made. Total price will be about the same as the VC ring depending on what size center stone I choose.

Victor Canera does not provide a CAD drawing because it is hand made. We will have to trust him that his proportions and final product will be what were looking for. My local jeweler also said a forging wasn't as good because it would not be one piece - it would be multiple forged pieces put together to make one ring.

Not sure what to do.....HELP!!! Lol

Last edited:

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I would expect that VC will do a phenomenal job of sourcing a stone with good light performance, and if he provides you with a few options to choose from you could always bring them back here for opinions.

Casting vs Forging is a debate between two completely different methods. In the hands of skilled artisans (benches), both methods will produce excellent results. There are some things that you can look for when evaluating the quality of the casted settings made by the jeweler you're talking to. Watch a couple of the videos below.

On youtube you can find a lot of jewelers who make hand forged rings. This is very labour-intensive and requires a very high degree of skill and experience. I enjoy watching Bobby White's videos, but you can find many artists like him.

"Hand made vs Mass Produced" for a 2ct round with a halo and pave shank

This one is an emerald cut with tapered baguettes that he remakes a setting for. Check out around the 5 min mark to see the before and after comparison of the cast vs forged setting. He shows you some of the things to look for as a sign of a CAD-made setting that was cast and poorly finished.

Casting
  • Susceptible to tiny porosities forming within the metal during the casting process (voids, potential weak spots)
  • Harder to polish in tight areas like in the head and between the shoulders and the bridge. Look for casting "frost" where the metal wasn't polished in tight areas. *
  • Can have a "thick" or "Coarse" look because the wax needs to be thick enough in areas to allow the metal to flow properly during casting.*
  • Able to see a wax model (and CAD sketch) and try it on in person before production.
  • Satisfactory piece can be produced with lower level of skill (please note that I'm not implying that all benches who cast are "less skilled", only that this is an easier method to use for a beginner bench)
  • Used for pre-made stock settings (eg. Stuller) and also for custom pieces
  • Sometimes you'll see cast pavé settings will have bumps raised above the shank surface that were cast into the design. This makes setting pave stones faster. The pavé can also be done traditionally for castings (without the raised prong bumps)
  • 450015063017_b~2.jpg
*A skilled bench using casting will know how to compensate for the challenges of polishing in tight areas and the "thickness" issue.

Hand forged
  • Molten metal is poured into a mould to make a solid bar (no porosities) that is then rolled, flattened and pulled into wires to form the components.
  • All pieces are made individually and assembled (soldered or laser welded) piece by piece, allowing for ideal access for polishing to all components before assembly
  • smaller and more delicate pieces can be made (like prongs)
  • Hand sketches or CAD can be used to communicate design, but no physical object to try on
  • High level of skill and experience needed to produce a piece
  • Always custom made
  • Traditionally done pave: the seats for the pave stones are always "cut into the metal" and the prongs are made by cutting into the shank (you'll see this in the video. The result is a more flush and smooth look) Screenshot_20221123-182000_Chrome~2.jpg

Both are excellent tools, but for either tool, it is the skill of the artisan using it that is most important.

If your local bench can show you examples of their pave work and it looks good, then using them would be a good option for the ability to try things on before its made. Words I would use to describe good looking pave are "seamless, nearly invisible, delicate, flowing, smooth".

If you or your wife look at their sample pieces and think the pave looks "clunky, unbalanced, obvious, rough, ugly" then I would go with VC! He happens to have an excellent reputation for his pave work on the forum, with numerous very happy (and very discerning) clients from PS.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who made the stone recommendations, what criteria are you using to chose the diamonds you recommended over the other exact same 4c's diamonds with a lower price?

I filter the search results for depth and table and sort by price. Then I look through individual reports and videos to narrow down from there.

I would look at stones with close to these parameters.

depth 60-62.4%
table 54-58%
crown angle 34-35 degrees (can go up to 35.5 or 36 if paired with 40.6 pavilion)
pavilion angle 40.6-40.9 degrees

Generally, a shallower crown angle will pair better with a steeper pavilion angle and vice versa.

You also get 3 free uses of the HCA (Holloway Cut Advisor).

emmy12, I really like the Victor Canera designs you shared. They are exactly what we are looking for. So I went to the VC website and chatted with Nathan. He was awesome. He quoted $7500 for any of those style rings with a 2ct super ideal cut center stone which is great because that is the top end of my total budget. The VC ring would be a custom hand ring made from forged platinum which is the only metal they will use. Providing my own stone was not an option and they don't have any lab stones listed on their website that I can choose from. I would have to choose from their recommendations which is ok I guess as long as all the specs and idealscope, aset scope images look good...

I own a Victor Canera hand-forged halo, and it was worth every penny. For the style of setting you're wanting, I would definitely go with VC over a local jeweler. Like emmy12 said, you can come back here with the stones they recommend for help choosing one.

arbowman

Rough_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

Thank you @emmy12 and @Kim N for the fantastic information!!!! Extremely helpful!! It is such a blessing to receive your expertise!!

The Bobby White videos were excellent!! He is amazing.

After doing some more research and looking at pictures and reviews of VC rings, I've decided to go with a VC hand-made forged ring over a casting from my local jeweler. I just don't feel the quality will be there with a casting and I love the fact the ring will be hand-made by a highly skilled craftsman just for us. I feel it adds a lot to the "specialness" of the ring. Also, everything I see on VC's Instagram looks phenomenal and well proportioned so that takes away some of my worries.

Below is some info and pics of a diamond that Nathan at VC recommended. He can provide many other similar lab grown stones to chose from as well. He provided GCAL images and a video link. Tell me what you think...Should I ask for better examples to chose from?

"Super Ideal H&A Cut" -2.07 ct - G - VS1

screen-shot-2022-11-23-at-9551_1yd6hrp.jpg screen-shot-2022-11-23-at-9553_1bosqcy.jpg screen-shot-2022-11-23-at-9543_1y3sfbj.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

Thank you @emmy12 and @Kim N for the fantastic information!!!! Extremely helpful!! It is such a blessing to receive your expertise!!

The Bobby White videos were excellent!! He is amazing.

After doing some more research and looking at pictures and reviews of VC rings, I've decided to go with a VC hand-made forged ring over a casting from my local jeweler. I just don't feel the quality will be there with a casting and I love the fact the ring will be hand-made by a highly skilled craftsman just for us. I feel it adds a lot to the "specialness" of the ring. Also, everything I see on VC's Instagram looks phenomenal and well proportioned so that takes away some of my worries.

Below is some info and pics of a diamond that Nathan at VC recommended. He can provide many other similar lab grown stones to chose from as well. He provided GCAL images and a video link. Tell me what you think...Should I ask for better examples to chose from?

"Super Ideal H&A Cut" -2.07 ct - G - VS1

screen-shot-2022-11-23-at-9551_1yd6hrp.jpg screen-shot-2022-11-23-at-9553_1bosqcy.jpg screen-shot-2022-11-23-at-9543_1y3sfbj.jpg

Fantastic choice to go with a VC ring! The craftsmanship will be second to none.

This stone is gorgeous You could also ask if they have any HPHT stones. Maybe one of these is a possibility.

arbowman

Rough_Rock
So you’re saying that is a CVD lab-grown stone?

If so, how did you know that?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So you’re saying that is a CVD lab-grown stone?

If so, how did you know that?

You can see the growth graining at certain angles. Not necessarily a bad thing since this one doesn't appear to have stria that's severe enough to impact the optics, but it does come down to personal preference.

Screenshot_20221124-161837.png

arbowman

Rough_Rock
That's very interesting. I'm thinking I will go with an HPHT stone just because it was created like mother nature does it.

Anything to look out for with an HPHT diamond?

When I communicate with Nathan again (hopefully tomorrow), I will ask for more options and will post the diamond specs with images to hopefully get your opinions again.

This process of choosing a high quality diamond and and finding a high quality ring is very interesting, exciting, and stressful all at the same time!! But thanks to all of you this process is becoming much more enjoyable and way less stressful!!

Really looking forward to this engagement ring becoming a reality!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited for you and your FF!. I feel the same way about having someone hand craft a piece of art you get to wear on your hand every day :) I'm sure she's going to love it, and Victor's pave is to die for! Can't wait to see the final stone you choose and the result!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very interesting. I'm thinking I will go with an HPHT stone just because it was created like mother nature does it.

Anything to look out for with an HPHT diamond?

When I communicate with Nathan again (hopefully tomorrow), I will ask for more options and will post the diamond specs with images to hopefully get your opinions again.

This process of choosing a high quality diamond and and finding a high quality ring is very interesting, exciting, and stressful all at the same time!! But thanks to all of you this process is becoming much more enjoyable and way less stressful!!

Really looking forward to this engagement ring becoming a reality!!

With HPHT, you'll need to look out for blue nuance. You can usually see this by looking at the diamond's side view by the edges of the crown.

Here's an example.

e-vs1-blue-nuance-jpg.913105

If you can post report numbers, it would give us more info to evaluate.

arbowman

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I have an update...

Chatted with Nathan again today. He is really great. He has answered all my questions quickly and thoroughly and acknowledged all of my requests without any negativity whatsoever. It has been very pleasant working with him.

I asked him to provide some super ideal cut hpht examples but said VC only had ideal cut hpht stones available to choose from.

The ideal cut stones do not have any scope images (only super ideal have images) but he can provide all the lab certification specs. They do not provide the actual lab certification number of any stone until the stone is purchased because he said people take the lab report and try to shop it around to other vendors.

He did provide another CVD super ideal cut example along with some ideal cut HPHT examples.

VC Super Ideal cut CVD round, 2.08 ct, G, VS1, 60.8 depth, 57 table, 34.5 crown, 40.6 pavilion, medium girdle

screenshot-2022-11-25-161955_azc0if.jpg screenshot-2022-11-25-161843_1e8hved.jpg screenshot-2022-11-25-161802_6f9xsx.jpg screenshot-2022-11-25-161822_1wkdivl.jpg

Ideal cut HPHT, 2.14ct G--VVS2 Ideal cut

Ideal cut HPHT, 2.02ct F-VVS2

Let me know what you think about these examples. I apologize for not having more specs on the Ideal cut stones. Nathan didn't provide them and I forgot to ask. I can shoot him an email and ask for them.

I was doing some research on CVD diamonds and I read that I should stay away from treated CVD diamonds because they are much cheaper to produce and they should only be worth half as much as an untreated CVD diamond. Apparently, many sellers don't mention this fact and sell both types of CVD diamonds for the same price. Nathan didn't mention anything about his CVD diamonds being treated or untreated and I don't have the lab certification to check myself. It is too late to message Nathan now but I will ask him in the email.

Please shed some light on this topic.

Should I just go with one of the HPHT Ideals if will it appear close to or very similar to a Super Ideal VCD?

Choosing a lower priced Ideal stone will probably allow me to upgrade the band to 3D pave and stay within my budget which would be nice but not necessary. I want the center stone to be very good. I just don't know how good I need it to be. I have not seen many stones side by side in person to know the difference. I really want to get this right!!!

Any info you can provide is appreciated!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I have an update...

Chatted with Nathan again today. He is really great. He has answered all my questions quickly and thoroughly and acknowledged all of my requests without any negativity whatsoever. It has been very pleasant working with him.

I asked him to provide some super ideal cut hpht examples but said VC only had ideal cut hpht stones available to choose from.

The ideal cut stones do not have any scope images (only super ideal have images) but he can provide all the lab certification specs. They do not provide the actual lab certification number of any stone until the stone is purchased because he said people take the lab report and try to shop it around to other vendors.

He did provide another CVD super ideal cut example along with some ideal cut HPHT examples.

VC Super Ideal cut CVD round, 2.08 ct, G, VS1, 60.8 depth, 57 table, 34.5 crown, 40.6 pavilion, medium girdle

screenshot-2022-11-25-161955_azc0if.jpg screenshot-2022-11-25-161843_1e8hved.jpg screenshot-2022-11-25-161802_6f9xsx.jpg screenshot-2022-11-25-161822_1wkdivl.jpg

Ideal cut HPHT, 2.14ct G--VVS2 Ideal cut

Ideal cut HPHT, 2.02ct F-VVS2

Let me know what you think about these examples. I apologize for not having more specs on the Ideal cut stones. Nathan didn't provide them and I forgot to ask. I can shoot him an email and ask for them.

I was doing some research on CVD diamonds and I read that I should stay away from treated CVD diamonds because they are much cheaper to produce and they should only be worth half as much as an untreated CVD diamond. Apparently, many sellers don't mention this fact and sell both types of CVD diamonds for the same price. Nathan didn't mention anything about his CVD diamonds being treated or untreated and I don't have the lab certification to check myself. It is too late to message Nathan now but I will ask him in the email.

Please shed some light on this topic.

Should I just go with one of the HPHT Ideals if will it appear close to or very similar to a Super Ideal VCD?

Choosing a lower priced Ideal stone will probably allow me to upgrade the band to 3D pave and stay within my budget which would be nice but not necessary. I want the center stone to be very good. I just don't know how good I need it to be. I have not seen many stones side by side in person to know the difference. I really want to get this right!!!

Any info you can provide is appreciated!!

Please do get the proportions on the two ideal cut stones. They look very promising, and IMO an ideal cut HPHT would be better than a super ideal cut CVD if everything checks out. VVS2 seems a bit overkill. Does he have any VS1 options that would save you more money?

I agree that CVD with post-growth treatment are more cheaply produced and should not cost as much. I don't often see post-growth treatment noted on GCAL 8x CVD stones, so the two G stones you were offered may not be treated.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Kim N I don't think GCAL notates PGT on their reports, regardless. AGS is a bit similar, they have both methods listed on their reports and mention PGT, but don't confirm whether or not it has been utilized for diamonds grown with the CVD method:

Screenshot_20221126-071942.png

arbowman

Rough_Rock
Ok so I spoke with Nathan again.

I told him I was considering going with an Ideal cut HPHT stone over the Super Ideal cut CVD stone we had originally decided on. He advised me I should stick with the Super Ideal CVD for the "best results".

I presented to him the reasons I was considering the HPHT stone over the CVD stone (cheaply produced with post growth treatment) but he said he did not see any indications of post growth treatment on the CVD and that it was a beautiful stone. He also mentioned the GCAL report does not indicate if any PGT was used but it noted that no clarity treatment was used.

He's working on getting me the specs on the HPHT Ideal cut stones he recommended.

Kim N, why do you feel an Ideal cut HPHT (with great numbers and video) can be better than a VCD Super Ideal Cut?

The price difference between the Super Ideal cut VCD and a similar numbers Ideal cut HPHT diamonds is 1k.

Does the improvement in appearance from an Ideal cut to a Super Ideal cut really justify a 1k price increase?

I'm just too inexperienced to make this decision and need more help. Thanks to all for the advice you have given me so far. It's been great!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I can't make any comments on CVD or HPHT, but for the setting and the 3d pave the only thing to consider is the higher risk of melee stones coming loose if she wears a wedding band with it on the same hand. Some people will wear one on each hand

Nathan can probably give more guidance on that front, but a single row pave with the sides in metal is more safe for wearing multiple rings on the same hand. (I've also seen two row pave with one side left metal that will face the wedding band, also two row pave)

Edit to add:

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim N I don't think GCAL notates PGT on their reports, regardless. AGS is a bit similar, they have both methods listed on their reports and mention PGT, but don't confirm whether or not it has been utilized for diamonds grown with the CVD method:

Screenshot_20221126-071942.png

I have seen it mentioned in GCAL reports occasionally. Check this one out.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I spoke with Nathan again.

I told him I was considering going with an Ideal cut HPHT stone over the Super Ideal cut CVD stone we had originally decided on. He advised me I should stick with the Super Ideal CVD for the "best results".

I presented to him the reasons I was considering the HPHT stone over the CVD stone (cheaply produced with post growth treatment) but he said he did not see any indications of post growth treatment on the CVD and that it was a beautiful stone. He also mentioned the GCAL report does not indicate if any PGT was used but it noted that no clarity treatment was used.

He's working on getting me the specs on the HPHT Ideal cut stones he recommended.

Kim N, why do you feel an Ideal cut HPHT (with great numbers and video) can be better than a VCD Super Ideal Cut?

The price difference between the Super Ideal cut VCD and a similar numbers Ideal cut HPHT diamonds is 1k.

Does the improvement in appearance from an Ideal cut to a Super Ideal cut really justify a 1k price increase?

I'm just too inexperienced to make this decision and need more help. Thanks to all for the advice you have given me so far. It's been great!!

A GCAL 8x diamond is all but a guaranteed great performer. It would be almost like buying a Canera Ideal Hearts or Whiteflash ACA. I think you would be very happy with either of the GCAL 8x stones he presented. Between the two, I like the 2.08 better as it looks like it has fewer black dot inclusions.

Could you ask if these two GCAL 8x HPHT stones are possibilities?

But among the non-GCAL 8x stones, there are so many choices out there that it's definitely possible to find an HPHT excellent performer without the GCAL 8x report or premium pricing. I would ask for more choices than just those two VVS2 stones, including VS1 options. I'm also not totally sure, but the G VVS2 might have a hint of blue nuance.

HPHT vs. CVD is mostly a mind-clean preference for me. Like you said, it's the way Mother Nature has done it. Most likely, neither of the G stones' performance is impacted by the striations they have--I just personally prefer stones without striations.

arbowman

Rough_Rock
How could VC possibly offer me those 2 GCAL 8X HPHT stones you provided?

If they can't offer them, I will probably go with the 2.08ct Super Ideal cut CVD. It is a beautiful diamond. But what I don't like about it is that because it is CVD, it may have been post growth treated which makes it a cheaper diamond. I'm OK with that if the cheaper price is passed down to me, but I have no way of knowing that because I have nothing to compare it to in terms of price. I am limited to the choices Nathan is providing. I really wish I could just provide my own stone.

If he provided a similar spec HPHT Super Ideal Cut for the same price, this deal would have been done already. Not sure why VC doesn't have any of them to offer. I don't have anything against CVD, but like I said before, I am more "mind-clean" with a HPHT stone because that is the way nature does it and it eliminates the possibility of ending up with a "cheaper" diamond whether that is actually true or not.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

If they can't offer them, I will probably go with the 2.08ct Super Ideal cut CVD. It is a beautiful diamond. But what I don't like about it is that because it is CVD, it may have been post growth treated which makes it a cheaper diamond. I'm OK with that if the cheaper price is passed down to me, but I have no way of knowing that because I have nothing to compare it to in terms of price. I am limited to the choices Nathan is providing. I really wish I could just provide my own stone.

If he provided a similar spec HPHT Super Ideal Cut for the same price, this deal would have been done already. Not sure why VC doesn't have any of them to offer. I don't have anything against CVD, but like I said before, I am more "mind-clean" with a HPHT stone because that is the way nature does it and it eliminates the possibility of ending up with a "cheaper" diamond whether that is actually true or not.

The CVD can be perfectly fine: see if they're willing to fully vet it and assess for things like stria, birifrengence, haziness in certain lighting conditions, etc. Basically, provide you 100% assurance that it has none of the potential drawbacks of the CVD method.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Most of these stones are virtual, so any vendor can get them. I'm almost certain VC would be able to acquire the two E stones I linked, though they'll cost more than the G, of course. I really do think you'd be very happy with the 2.08 G.

I totally understand and have the same sentiments as you about HPHT vs. CVD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results