shape
carat
color
clarity

Q about durability/longevity of three row micro pave setting...

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of these micro pave settings. My questions are; 1) how durable are they, 2) how easily are they able to be resized, and 3) what is the damage to the wallet on a setting like this? I realize the price range could vary greatly depending on the vendor.

Assuming one is reasonably mindful of their ring, primarily doing a desk job, and not doing yard work,dishes, etc. with the ring on, should one be worried about pave falling out easily?

Secondly, if the pave is only a half eternity, how easy is it to resize a ring like this, if necessary in the future (pregnancy, weight loss/gain)?

I realize those are a lot of questions, but look forward to the board’s experience and wisdom.
7EFE60D3-54CD-4676-B033-F1920BCD15CF.jpeg
7798F257-784E-40D9-B306-44D1EECB1307.jpeg
5908AB8F-F94B-496E-9150-FDC15ECB8FDB.jpeg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On all counts triple row pavè can be problematic. It should be worn with great care. Pavè stone loss can occur due to many reasons. On biggie is if the ring gets bent during wear. This can happen even if one does desk work. As an example- every time you open a door, there's a possiblilty the ring will come in contact with the knob. Sometimes a small warp in the metal can cause stone loss.
Size adjustment is another concern- even if the diamonds don't go all the way around the finger.
I have to be a party pooper- the design is lovely without a doubt- but unless you're totally committed to it I say go single row pave

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
An acquaintance of mine upgraded her set a couple years ago to an e-ring and a matching band both with three row micro pave and she has had to replace side stones a number of times due to loss or damage of the diamonds. I prefer a more carefree setting...especially for everyday wear, so wouldn't get this. Too high maintenance for me.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On all counts triple row pavè can be problematic. It should be worn with great care. Pavè stone loss can occur due to many reasons. On biggie is if the ring gets bent during wear. This can happen even if one does desk work. As an example- every time you open a door, there's a possiblilty the ring will come in contact with the knob. Sometimes a small warp in the metal can cause stone loss.
Size adjustment is another concern- even if the diamonds don't go all the way around the finger.
I have to be a party pooper- the design is lovely without a doubt- but unless you're totally committed to it I say go single row pave

@Rockdiamond

Now you tell me :lol-2:

I have 3 of these eternity bands, diamond, pink sapphire, and blue sapphire. I was smart enough to wear a plain wedding band on our expedition cruise to Antarctica, but lost a pink sapphire from my RHR. Looked all over inside my glove and never found it.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm sorry Cheryl- I've always been late:)

Seriously....over time, I've become far more sensitive to durability issues. I love the look of the triple row.....but alas, it is a delicate design.
I hate to pile on the bad news....but a repair is rarely effective.
When a ring is worked on, such as having a stone set- it must be polished. And generally the entire ring. When you polish a ring, you remove metal from the remaining prongs. The beauty of the design is how the stones appear to float- which is also the weak point of the design.
I so much hate being the bearer of less than wonderful news:(

To avoid damage- do not wear rings next to each other, on the same finger.
My wife loves to stack rings ( like she'd take my advice anyway:eek2:)
Seriously- when rings rub together, they are more likely to damage each other......

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
An acquaintance of mine upgraded her set a couple years ago to an e-ring and a matching band both with three row micro pave and she has had to replace side stones a number of times due to loss or damage of the diamonds. I prefer a more carefree setting...especially for everyday wear, so wouldn't get this. Too high maintenance for me.

Thank you! Looks like I'll have to put this on my list of beautiful, but not practical!

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock

I was hoping you would chime in on this thread! I think this is a style I'll just have to appreciate not on MY finger.

Are there any setting/prong styles of single row pave that can give the same type of rounded and domed look? I think it is also the softer appearance of this style band that I'm drawn to. Or perhaps a single row of pave with strategically placed milgrain could give the illusion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results