shape
carat
color
clarity

No she did NOT use that on her ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 8:42:43 PM
Author: diamondfan
Date: 11/5/2006 5:53:08 PM

Author: Mrs Mitchell

Hi, I'm fairly new here, but having an emerald cut e-ring I have devoted a fair bit of time and energy into cleaning it- thought I'd share the thing I've found works best! My mother swears by it too (and not just for cleaning). Put a measure of neat gin in an egg cup, add your bling and leave it for a couple of minutes. Brush with a soft toothbrush, rinse in really hot water and polish with a soft cloth. I used to do this every week for my mother when I was a kid, got an amazing sparkle on her e-ring (princess sapphire, diamond halo).

For cleaning my own e-ring (emerald cut, usually grubby) I took this up a gear - I use neat gin in the ultrasonic now and again - my emerald sparkles almost like a round brilliant!! (for about ten minutes!). Ok, so it might be a bit weird, but it really works.
37.gif

I am willing to try anything!!! My emerald cut gathers dirt really easily...

First of all, Lizz, I'm so glad the Greased Lightening worked for you! It's pretty awesome, right?

Wow, Mrs.Mitchell! That good?? Sounds like I have to make ANOTHER trip to my neighborhood liquor store tomorrow (bought some Bailey's Irish cream today - I love to sip it with ice - freakin' yummy - had some with my friends after cheering on the marathoners that ran through my neighborhood). I'm going to get a bottle of gin and try this...thanks so much Mrs.Mitchell. Like diamondfan, I'm willing to try anything that works. Although I have to say, when I first read your post, I read it as "Neet" as in the hair remover. I was like
23.gif
but like, "Ok, whatever works."
17.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 5:53:08 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Hi, I''m fairly new here, but having an emerald cut e-ring I have devoted a fair bit of time and energy into cleaning it- thought I''d share the thing I''ve found works best! My mother swears by it too (and not just for cleaning). Put a measure of neat gin in an egg cup, add your bling and leave it for a couple of minutes. Brush with a soft toothbrush, rinse in really hot water and polish with a soft cloth. I used to do this every week for my mother when I was a kid, got an amazing sparkle on her e-ring (princess sapphire, diamond halo).

For cleaning my own e-ring (emerald cut, usually grubby) I took this up a gear - I use neat gin in the ultrasonic now and again - my emerald sparkles almost like a round brilliant!! (for about ten minutes!). Ok, so it might be a bit weird, but it really works.
37.gif
Makes sense to me, I use regular alcohol to clean my rings occasionally. Really makes them sparkle. And it''s ok on WG, so many things, including Miss Fine''s great find, aren''t good on it.
38.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Miss Fine, sorry for confusion re hair remover - probably not ideal! I live in Scotland and its called something completely different here, so I hadn''t figured.

I do swear by gin though
9.gif
, for so many things...
It''s also good when forming a useful response to questions like "why do we have so many empty liquor bottles around the place?" Well, I''ve been cleaning, haven''t I??

My mother tells me that my grandmother also used gin to clean her rings, but we''re not confident that she would just have poured it away when she was done.

One of the best things I''ve found for touch up cleaning (every hour, on the hour or when bored at work) is the little cloth I got for cleaning my glasses. Keeps my emerald cut looking a bit better between ultrasonics.

Jen

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
um.

what?

and why haven''t you posted this ring earlier?

it is SO VERY MINDBLOWINGLY INCROYABLE. it just does not get any more fabulous that that. clean, classic, gorgeous.

quick haiku:

frannys emerald cut
so perfect in every way
i want one like that
23.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Just came back to check out this thread and I saw the pictures you posted of your ring.
W O W !!!!!

It''s so classic, timeless, gorgeous!

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Ok, SuzyQZ, Lovey - you have NO idea what you''re doing. You see, I already have days where I think I am ALL THAT and then you go ahead and compliment my precious like that - I SWEAR I had problems getting through the door this evening, my head was sooooooooo big. Thank you, and I will post my ring in the SMTR thread - I''ll try and do it before I leave for Suffolk, Englad tomorrow night to visit family. I have two posts I want to post, actually - the SMTR thread, and a NYC marathon thread where I was almost throttled by a hunky famous actor. Come on, you guys cannot TELL me you don''t want to know more.
31.gif
Heh, heh, heh...and if I don''t post it by tomorrow evening, I won''t be able to post until I get back. I''ll be deep in the countryside in Suffolk, and I''m not sure that my lovely British cousins have the internet.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 8:05:22 PM
Author: Fran Fine
and a NYC marathon thread where I was almost throttled by a hunky famous actor. Come on, you guys cannot TELL me you don''t want to know more.
31.gif
Heh, heh, heh...

ok, you ring is beyond fabulous. Leon is just a master. and umm...heck yeah we want to know about the hunky famous actor...details woman, we must have details
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 8:05:22 PM
Author: Fran Fine
Ok, SuzyQZ, Lovey - you have NO idea what you''re doing. You see, I already have days where I think I am ALL THAT and then you go ahead and compliment my precious like that - I SWEAR I had problems getting through the door this evening, my head was sooooooooo big. Thank you, and I will post my ring in the SMTR thread - I''ll try and do it before I leave for Suffolk, Englad tomorrow night to visit family. I have two posts I want to post, actually - the SMTR thread, and a NYC marathon thread where I was almost throttled by a hunky famous actor. Come on, you guys cannot TELL me you don''t want to know more.
31.gif
Heh, heh, heh...and if I don''t post it by tomorrow evening, I won''t be able to post until I get back. I''ll be deep in the countryside in Suffolk, and I''m not sure that my lovely British cousins have the internet.
you''re so much fun to read :) Oops, I hear your head swelling, I mean yeah, you''re *ok*. ;-) Have a great trip!! enjoy the lack of technology and suck the air in deeply!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- that ring is amazing Fran.
(love that show too)

I also love the history behind your stone. Leon done it good!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Great-googly-moogly! Whoa! HELLO - We need more pics of that!
Your EC is HUGE!

Scintillating...

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Fran Fine, I was never a big fan of EC''s until I saw your ring! Simply stunning. Thank you for sharing with us its wonderful story. Did you mention what size ring you wear? I vote for MORE HAND PICS!
19.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i know this is late, but the best of ps 2006 thread linked me here....

JEEZ!!! can your ring be anymore gorgeous??!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results