shape
carat
color
clarity

No she did NOT use that on her ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Greased Lightning contains the same active ingredient as Simple Green, so it should be fine for your diamond. Greased Lightning also contains sodium hydroxide which is corrosive at high concentration, but I don''t think it''s that high in concentration in the cleanser.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Fran! A La Vielle Russie is at 59th & 5th, and they sell Russian antique jewelry and artifacts. Their prices are reasonable for that part of town. You might also like Kentshire (another estate jeweler), which is on Bergdorf's first floor. Here's a link to A La Vielle Russie:

http://www.alvr.com/

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Robbie--Do you work for a newspaper? I work for one in Indiana.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Madame Bijoux, that site has some extraordinary pieces! There are some exquisite vintage diamond engagement rings that I''d love to see in person.

I''m trying to post a pic of my ring, but I don''t think it''s working. When I preview, nothing shows up. I''m just going to try it, and see if it works. Sorry in advance if it''s just a blank page.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 9:08:29 AM
Author: Fran Fine

I''m trying to post a pic of my ring, but I don''t think it''s working. When I preview, nothing shows up. I''m just going to try it, and see if it works. Sorry in advance if it''s just a blank page.
just in case.....

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html

2.gif

looking forward to seeing your pics!
36.gif

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
I can see it on my computer, but I'm not sure if anyone else can...

ETA - I'm off to work, so I will fix it tonight if it can't be seen. I will also post my hand shots,but I have to warn you that I take horrible pics, so they don't capture the sparkle the way the jeweler photo does.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Oh lordy! Is that a Leon Mege (and an amazing one at that)?! Fran is there a thread on that beauty?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes, i can see it!
18.gif
36.gif

now we need more!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! Another Leon Mege...and a spectacular one at that!!

Fran...you are NOT allowed to leave us only with that teaser...we need many more pictures, specs, etc etc..

widget

PS: Welcome!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whhhahaattttt? Only ONE picture---how cruel!!! I''d like to put my thumbs all over that baby
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Fine, you can''t leave us with ONE pic!!! I can''t wait to see more of this beauty!!!
30.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I know Fran Fine didn''t get THAT beauty at Loehmann''s!!!!!!!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
more photos please! Fran that photo took my breath away. Be still my heart!! It''s just gorgeous. I don''t care if your other photos are not as good as the jeweler''s. I''ll take anything!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2006 9:17:07 AM

Welcome. WE NEED SPECS AND MORE PICS MISS FRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful....

More pictures please!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY SMACKERAL! That thing is gi-nor-geous!
18.gif
Oh, we''ll take more pix of that puhleeze!

Date: 11/2/2006 9:05:56 PM
decodelighted Dare I ask...is that a papillon in your avatar?? We''re thinking about getting one!

Oh yeah ...And quite the Pap she is too. Paps are so calm & non-shedding & happy & affectionate & travel well & have the best little personalities. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my doggie daughter Tallulah .. who came from the breeder ForevrPaps in PA.

It''s funny though -- I just got an email the other day from a local breeder up here who imported a 4 lb. baby girl Pap from England. I haven''t had any dealings with them so can''t recommend but the website is www.lycaenapapillons.com. I can''t even be tempted myself because apparently our next family member, according to DH, is gonna be a "real dog"
20.gif
3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 12:42:39 PM
Author: decodelighted
HOLY SMACKERAL! That thing is gi-nor-geous!
18.gif
Oh, we''ll take more pix of that puhleeze!

Date: 11/2/2006 9:05:56 PM
decodelighted Dare I ask...is that a papillon in your avatar?? We''re thinking about getting one!

Oh yeah ...And quite the Pap she is too. Paps are so calm & non-shedding & happy & affectionate & travel well & have the best little personalities. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my doggie daughter Tallulah .. who came from the breeder ForevrPaps in PA.

It''s funny though -- I just got an email the other day from a local breeder up here who imported a 4 lb. baby girl Pap from England. I haven''t had any dealings with them so can''t recommend but the website is www.lycaenapapillons.com. I can''t even be tempted myself because apparently our next family member, according to DH, is gonna be a ''real dog''
20.gif
3.gif
okay sorry for the morph/hijack, but is this breed good with children?? We have a "real dog" (a lab) and I want something non shedding, smaller, and more managable. This big dog is just... too much lol

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 12:48:06 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
okay sorry for the morph/hijack, but is this breed good with children?? We have a ''real dog'' (a lab) and I want something non shedding, smaller, and more managable. This big dog is just... too much lol
WELLLLLLL .... depends on how old the kids are. Papillons are not generally recommended for homes with small children because they are delicate. Kids have a tendency to put them up on tables they can''t jump down from or play too roughly with them. They also shouldn''t co-mingle with FULL size dogs. Which DH won''t quite believe me about. I contend our "real dog" will have to be MID-sized, so Tallulah (7 lbs) won''t be accidentlly trampled! For a house with kids & a lab ... you might wanna consider the Pap''s big sister: Cavilier King Charles Spaniel?? I think? OR ... you could get a slightly larger Pap. Some are over-sized & more hearty. They would be much less expensive also (& more avail through rescue) because they''re not the breed ideal... but they have the same great personality/looks/spirit etc etc.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
side hijack: deco, our new neighbors next door have the cutest pom and it totally reminds me of tallulah! i know she's a pap, but they look really similar since 'Oreo' has the same coloring as Tal so it's totally funny...whenever i see Oreo i think of your avatar!!!
2.gif

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Fran!!!! Get back here and explain yourself.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 12:58:14 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 11/3/2006 12:48:06 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
okay sorry for the morph/hijack, but is this breed good with children?? We have a ''real dog'' (a lab) and I want something non shedding, smaller, and more managable. This big dog is just... too much lol
WELLLLLLL .... depends on how old the kids are. Papillons are not generally recommended for homes with small children because they are delicate. Kids have a tendency to put them up on tables they can''t jump down from or play too roughly with them. They also shouldn''t co-mingle with FULL size dogs. Which DH won''t quite believe me about. I contend our ''real dog'' will have to be MID-sized, so Tallulah (7 lbs) won''t be accidentlly trampled! For a house with kids & a lab ... you might wanna consider the Pap''s big sister: Cavilier King Charles Spaniel?? I think? OR ... you could get a slightly larger Pap. Some are over-sized & more hearty. They would be much less expensive also (& more avail through rescue) because they''re not the breed ideal... but they have the same great personality/looks/spirit etc etc.
this is all good info and we probably shouldn''t get one.... I won''t get another dog until this one has lived her life and she''s now so it''s a few years down the road, but Im'' determined to get a non-shed dog this next time... I kinda want a poodle - that size between regular and standard maybe.... but dh has something aganist them... my kids are used to our lab and she''s very sturdy and tolerant... I don''t think it would be fair to subject a delicate dog to them ll DARN!!!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it's gorgeous. And it IS a Leon. Please, more pics, specs, tell all.
Welcome Fran.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay. Is it me or is anybody else feeling just a wee bit pi$$y that somebody has been lurking for a whole year with an LM like that and we just now find out and only get one pic? Miss Fine, you just get back here and post an explanation.
11.gif
2.gif

Better yet. Go to the SMTR section and start your own thread with all the luscious details and as many pics as you can snap and post. We don''t care if they''re good. We just need them. PLEEEAASE!!!!!

shay

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
32.gif
Ok, you all are scaring me!!!! Why does it feel like Thanksgiving at the Fines?? Fran, what''s wrong with you? Fran, show it all! Fran, why aren''t you marr-...well, you get it. Besides the fact that I can''t tell the difference between my "real" life (whatever that means) and my alter ego, another thing I have to learn is that you don''t just step into these forums, announce yourself, throw a pic in the mix....and then STEP AWAY!!!!???!
38.gif
I will never do that again!! I have learned, please forgive me, I have learned!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
!!!

Ok, so meanwhile, let me go to the boy''s Dell and download the pics that I''ve attempted to take. Please don''t get all Fran''s mother on me and say, "Ok, so what''s up with the pics??? Why do they look like that!?? Why are they so dark?? What''s wrong with you?? Why aren''t you_____?"

Seriously, your posts have made me smile because I was feeling pretty down today after getting an idea rejected at work and seeing my new OB-GYN. Oh, ok, I learned two other things today: I''m not ALWAYS as funny as I think I am and I actually AM a human being, so even though I''ve always had perfect check-ups, doesn''t mean I ALWAYS WILL. AND, a non-perfect check-up doesn''t mean anything is necessarily wrong although I''ve already gone to my "life is against me" place.
40.gif
It just means that I''m a human being who needs to take care of herself.

Oh, TMI? Shut up and bring the pics?? Ok....hold please. This may take a bit of time...and to those who think I''m weird...you''re right.

Smooches...!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHere are the specs and more bling pix? Some of us are not very patient here!

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
as promised, the first of many dark, blurry pics

babycakes1.jpg

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
6.gif
- ok, I have NO idea what this book was about - I merely used it as a base, and only now, uploading, is the word BREAST sticking out...
6.gif
...so to speak

lovely1.jpg

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
another shot

thegirl2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results