shape
carat
color
clarity

No prongs please! Need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I have really enjoyed reading hundreds of the posts on PS- you guys all give great advice, and from the rings I''ve seen- have great taste too!

I could use some much needed help. My BF and I have been looking around for the right type of e-ring for me. We went to an SF jeweler this weekend that sold Gelin&Abaci rings because I thought I really wanted a tension-set ring. And although they were stunning in person, I just dont feel comfortable with the setting.

So, I''ve been looking at channel set, gypsy and bezel set rings instead. Nothing has absolutely grabbed my attention like the tension set had. I tried on one ring that had the diamond flush with the band and I liked it, but haven''t been able to find the type of ring online to do further research.

I was wondering if any of you had any good ideas of settings you either have or have seen (and accompanying pictures would be terribly appreciated) that could help me in my quest. I have very long fingers that are pretty thin (ring finger is a 6) and I dont want a huge stone because I''ve found that they just dont look right on my fingers.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Liz

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you looked at any of steven Kretchmer''s designs? they might have something you''d like and feel comfortable with..

widget

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!

Well, here are some "prongless" ring pictures I''ve saved...I don''t know if any would appeal to you, but I thought I''d post ''em...
1.gif

widget

Untopgs3.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 1.50 ct F VS2 e-ring upgrade set in platinum with colored diamond side stones. The center stone is semi-bezel set and the side stones are channel set. It was custom made for me about 7 years ago by a local jeweler. I normally wear it solo, but I think it looks cool with my new 2.5 mm platinum band with flush set colored diamonds. I think this is about as low as you can set the large diamond and the platinum curves give protection from the sides. I was looking for wearability, and I love this design.

MyRings5333.JPG

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Those 2 widget posted are very nice. I personally wouldn''t be worried about a tension ring, but if you are you can get the same basic look from the top by getting a semi-bezel set ring (where there is a bridge or seat under the diamond connecting the ring together at the top that normally would not be there in a tension ring).

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I had never seen Solomon''s website and Ive been having fun going through the thousands of rings they have- I loved the semi bezel you posted!

widget- I am in love with the top ring you posted- do you know anyone who sells that ring?

I loved the other photos you all posted. Thanks for all the help everyone. I never knew how difficult this would be!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I saw this ring in the eyecandy forum. Anyone know of a jeweler who might make it?

(sorry all i have is the thread!)

tension ring

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Cross Jewelers has a nice selection of bezel set rings.

www.crossjewelers.com

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock

Cyren

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:31:55 PM
Author:shigidigi
I have really enjoyed reading hundreds of the posts on PS- you guys all give great advice, and from the rings I''ve seen- have great taste too!

I could use some much needed help. My BF and I have been looking around for the right type of e-ring for me. We went to an SF jeweler this weekend that sold Gelin&Abaci rings because I thought I really wanted a tension-set ring. And although they were stunning in person, I just dont feel comfortable with the setting.

So, I''ve been looking at channel set, gypsy and bezel set rings instead. Nothing has absolutely grabbed my attention like the tension set had. I tried on one ring that had the diamond flush with the band and I liked it, but haven''t been able to find the type of ring online to do further research.

I was wondering if any of you had any good ideas of settings you either have or have seen (and accompanying pictures would be terribly appreciated) that could help me in my quest. I have very long fingers that are pretty thin (ring finger is a 6) and I dont want a huge stone because I''ve found that they just dont look right on my fingers.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Liz
Shigidgi - I don''t know if this is anything like what you would be interested in, but here''s a link to tad''s asscher ring--they were also looking for a non-prong option.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beautiful-asscher-engagement-ring.41271/

Cyren

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 12:03:44 AM
Author: shigidigi
widget- I am in love with the top ring you posted- do you know anyone who sells that ring?
That picture is from www.icemine.com
1.gif

widget

tangoecho

Rough_Rock
Widget, may I ask who makes this ring? It''s lovely!
21.gif

widget photo.jpg

tangoecho

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry, I mean just this ring.

widget 2.jpg

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure where Widget got that exact pic from, but it looks a lot like a Linda Penwarden ring

http://www.lindapenwardenjewellery.com

Take a look around her site...very nice stuff!

My friend got her ering from there and was very pleased!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 11:24:02 AM
Author: tangoecho
I''m sorry, I mean just this ring.

I think that''s a Sholdt Design ring! I LOVE it!!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Widget!

Cross Jewelers have really beautiful bezel set rings, and Neverland- I love the first ring you linked to!

Again, thanks to you all. You''ve helped me add another 10 sites or so to my already huge list of places to visit. Who knew there were so many ering sites available!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Cyren, that is a gorgeous set ascher! Tad has great taste!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results