shape
carat
color
clarity

Nightmare on ebay street

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I think the last stone I posted might in fact be a fossilized piece of Cookie Crisp cereal.

cookiecrisp.jpeg

exturkconner

Rough_Rock
Looks like someone facet cut a hunk of counter top...I kinda like it.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 8:37:04 PM
Author: dzop
Of course, it''s not just ebay selling faceted aquarium gravel. High end places get in on the act, too:

http://www.palagems.com/php/db_search.php?action=gemdetail&inventory_number=892

Description (you can''t make this up): ''Nice round pink. This one is a little hazy but still has quite nice brilliancy.''
Wow, I''m surprised to see this one by Pala. Yeah, nice pink but I think the other flaws are much too obvious.
23.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/17/2010 7:00:00 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I think the last stone I posted might in fact be a fossilized piece of Cookie Crisp cereal.
LOL! Your right!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 9:34:06 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 1/17/2010 8:37:04 PM
Author: dzop
Of course, it''s not just ebay selling faceted aquarium gravel. High end places get in on the act, too:

http://www.palagems.com/php/db_search.php?action=gemdetail&inventory_number=892

Description (you can''t make this up): ''Nice round pink. This one is a little hazy but still has quite nice brilliancy.''
Wow, I''m surprised to see this one by Pala. Yeah, nice pink but I think the other flaws are much too obvious.
23.gif
You know, I have''t been too impressed by what I''ve seen on Pala lately. I wonder if they''re having as difficult a time as everyone else is in sourcing truly fine quality gems. Just a run though on red spinels, I didn''t see anything appealing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

silverfreak

Rough_Rock
Sweet-tart candy is also round and pink with a better polish and less inclusions than that wad of chewed up gemstone!
9.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
LOL!! this post has me giggling. especially the comment by jeff s. i guess with ebay you win some and you lose some.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 6:40:06 PM
not sure what this is
But look at the cut! The cut is good, certainly not a "native" one. Someone here mentioned a piece of soap. I once had a bar of soap with some oatmeal parts in it, for better exfoliating. I think I could use this one. Should look attractive in a soap dish!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 6:39:07 PM
eek!
Where does he get them? Looks like he owns a Jurassic park.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
not sure what this is
"DESIRABLE AND UNIQUE COLOR OF THIS GEMSTONE MAKES IT MORE SPECIAL."

Desirable indeed!

"FEW MARKS OR INCLUSIONS CAN BE SEEN ON THE STONE."

That''s because the stone is opaque, so we can''t see most of them.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure what this is
Some more ideas.

"Yummy!
I think I should bet on it before another PS-er snatched it. I think it has all the attributes that are important in my search of gems (I am a tough customer, you know).
A) it has no window
B) the cut is attractive
C) Definitely no extinction
D) Definitely no "butterfly effect".

Do you think I should use white, yellow or rose gold for a setting? I think rose gold should be terrific.
Definitely need your recommendation about the jeweller. I want custom-made work, because the piece is so unusual..."

Sorry. LOL''ing, of course. Just look at my post "definitely need your honest opinion".

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
hang on...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
False alarm. It was just a piece of crayon...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

silverfreak

Rough_Rock
Does anyon have any jacks? This guy seems to be supplying the marbles! Actually, most marbles at least have a polish!
23.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Aside from not mentioning the massive gray modifier in the stone, at least it is accurately described.

The Thai sellers will try to sell just about anything. However, I truly respect the guys who don''t try to hide the fact that they are selling less than gem grade goods. It is what it is and they seem to be ok with that.

Its the whole lipstick on a pig thing that bothers me. For instance....

This beauty

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
LOL. No surprise it''s from India neither. That thing should be put out on the street to sing and beg for rupees from tourists.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 11:57:55 PM
Author: crasru
Does anyone know what is dollar-to-rupee exchange ratio? Maybe today I can snatch another deal of the century.
100 rupees equals somewhere between two and three USD, depending. That sapphire really needs a donation, not exploitation. Let''s all start a charity fund for the seller of that sapphire!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/22/2010 12:46:43 AM
Author: Revolution
Aside from not mentioning the massive gray modifier in the stone, at least it is accurately described.

The Thai sellers will try to sell just about anything. However, I truly respect the guys who don''t try to hide the fact that they are selling less than gem grade goods. It is what it is and they seem to be ok with that.

Its the whole lipstick on a pig thing that bothers me. For instance....

This beauty
Oh but it has a seller ID report....so it must be a real unheated ruby!!!

silverfreak

Rough_Rock
And it''s such a DETAILED certificate too!
20.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
LOL you guys are killing me! I love Ebay but oooh boy it can be a crap shoot.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And look at his alexandrites! I should page LD, the price is quite affordable... And I thought that Sri Lankan''s were almost mined out! Here they are, and so many.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread cracks me up!!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can hear all the PSers clicking away bidding on them. *pulls out a piece of green chalk from my birds food and lists it on ebay as an alexandrite".
emotion-5.gif

Date: 1/22/2010 11:28:21 AM
Author: crasru
And look at his alexandrites! I should page LD, the price is quite affordable... And I thought that Sri Lankan''s were almost mined out! Here they are, and so many.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results