shape
carat
color
clarity

Nicky Hilton and Christine Baumgartner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Just a question, but what does it matter if he had given her a "smaller" ring in the first place or this "bling"? Is it really all about the size that proves love? If he has a lot of money, why does it mean he's cheap if he didn't get a ring as big as everyone else out there?

Don't get me wrong, I love diamonds, and if I had that kind of money, I sure as hell would get BIG diamonds, and LOTS of them, but isn't it the thought that counts?
angryfire.gif

My fiance could have gotten me a larger ring, and was prepared to do so. I figured that since we have so many more things to buy first and put away for I didn't find it prudent (almost wasteful after a certain point)... so should I be upset and doubt his love for me by the size of my ring?

Sorry if I misinterpret, but I was absolutely disgusted by Jaon Rovers, and it seemed like people were validating her words by giving Costner flack.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Yeah. Kevin Costner's wife's dress IS gorgeous even though I too hate poofy gowns. Monique L'hullier's gowns have really been growing on me though.. especially the all lace ones, since I'm such a sucker for lace. With the exception of course of that nasty little rag that Britney Spears wore.. THAT WAS AN ACTUAL DRESS FROM HER COLLECTION!! I just saw it in a magazine and recognized it as Britney's "dress" I like the ring too, although it is not all that clear from your picture.

Anyone know anything about Billy Joel's wifes dress? I like it A LOT.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 9:42:05 PM Nicrez wrote:

Just a question, but what does it matter if he had given her a 'smaller' ring in the first place or this 'bling'? Is it really all about the size that proves love? If he has a lot of money, why does it mean he's cheap if he didn't get a ring as big as everyone else out there?

Don't get me wrong, I love diamonds, and if I had that kind of money, I sure as hell would get BIG diamonds, and LOTS of them, but isn't it the thought that counts?
angryfire.gif

My fiance could have gotten me a larger ring, and was prepared to do so. I figured that since we have so many more things to buy first and put away for I didn't find it prudent (almost wasteful after a certain point)... so should I be upset and doubt his love for me by the size of my ring?

Sorry if I misinterpret, but I was absolutely disgusted by Jaon Rovers, and it seemed like people were validating her words by giving Costner flack. ----------------

Joan Rivers is a comedian. She's been around for a looooong time. And part of her schtick is commenting on the size of women's erings. It's all in fun but it's always been a part of her "act".
She's a no nonsense, tell it like it is gal. Love her or leave her.
That's just her thing. I think she's funny and nutty.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
reena is the one to ask--------------anyone have pix of gwyneth paltrows ring, ashley judd, reese witherspoon........................

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/21/2004 12:05:24 AM sevens one wrote:

----------------

Joan Rivers is a comedian. She's been around for a looooong time. And part of her schtick is commenting on the size of women's erings. It's all in fun but it's always been a part of her 'act'.
She's a no nonsense, tell it like it is gal. Love her or leave her.
That's just her thing. I think she's funny and nutty.----------------

Yeah, but if she has any more plastic surgery, her eyes will be above her ears.
sick.gif
twirl.gif

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer, we're still up and on PS!!?!?!? Yikes. I just watched the Yankee/Red Sox game and couldn't sleep until I checked in here
1.gif

I read US Weekly religiously at the gym (hey, the club has a subscription!!) and follow all of these stories. I think that it was incredibly un-classy of Joan Rivers to make such a comment about Christine's e-ring, especially on national television. How tasteless! I must say though that I LOVED their wedding setting. If I had a huge ranch in Colorado I would totally have my wedding there. Oh well.... But seriously the wedding was gorgeous. I love that picture of them in the canoe - maybe Reena can scan it on this thread?!?? It's incredible.

Oh, and Billy Joel marrying a 23 year old is giving me nightmares...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Sparkler, the game made me sick...I need to chill out here until I "recover."
14.gif
2.gif

And I agree with you about Rivers' comment being crass. Sometimes she is funny; sometimes she is downright rude. Maybe someone should joke about the $1 million wedding she threw that homely daughter of hers, who ended up divorced, what 2 years later? I wonder what size diamond SHE had.
rolleyes.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i wasn't trying to make a comment one way or the other about costner's decision to upgrade the e-ring--i just liked the design of new e-ring (never saw the old) and thought i'd post the story that accompanied it to get people's reactions. i didn't mean for it to come off any other way.
1.gif

windowshopper i've posted pics of ashley judd's e-ring several times here before; just do a search for "judd" and you'll find it. actually, if you look toward the first few pages of the "wish list" thread that's on SMTR right now you'll see it . . . along with an US weekly article that has a few other celeb rings (including reese's). (ironically, the US article has the wrong ring for ashley judd but somewhere on there i posted a pic of her actual ring.) i know nothing about gwynnie's e-ring though.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
She's pulled tighter than my grandmother's support hose.
errrr.gif

joan.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/21/2004 12:20:36 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Sparkler, the game made me sick...I need to chill out here until I 'recover.'
14.gif
2.gif

And I agree with you about Rivers' comment being crass. Sometimes she is funny; sometimes she is downright rude. Maybe someone should joke about the $1 million wedding she threw that homely daughter of hers, who ended up divorced, what 2 years later? I wonder what size diamond SHE had.
rolleyes.gif

----------------

Hey Joan Rivers is the first person to "joke" about her daughter's expensive short lived wedding/marriage, her plastic surgery and her life for that matter.

Once when she was dressed in a beautiful gown that showed some cleavage someone commented on how well she looked. She looked down at her cleavage and said "Oh that, those are my knees! I had to squeeze them up into my dress. When you hit a certain age everything falls to the floor."

Stop picking on my girl!

12.gif
Seriously, she's blunt, she's rude- that's her schtick!

That would be like telling Richard Simmons to stop trying to get everyone in shape.

RichardBiofotos2.jpg
RichardBiofotos1.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sevens One, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree...

I consider her and a few other very few people on my I CAN'T STAND list... to me she is crude, crass, tasteless, overdone, and basically a characature of a woman whom I never found remotely funny, except when people have HER as the butt of a joke. Sorry... She's up there with Andrew Dice Clay, Rodney Dangerfield, and Sandra Bernhardt...

But, I love your posts, and I respect your right to like her, I just needed to vent about that woman, because she just chafes my bottom!

And yes, I like Christine's new ring as well. It is very very pretty...as well as her dress. I actually had my friend try that dress on, and I have to say that it looks MUCH nicer on Christine Baumgartner (but I hope my friend never hears I said that!)
errrr.gif
But the dress is very flattering!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I normally enjoy Joan - I can appreciate her personality. I think she can be hilarious. But that e-ring thing really ticked me off - I was watching the 'pre-show' so that I could ogle all of the celebreties' clothing choices (I'm so pathetic!) and I saw the Costner/Rivers encounter. It made me sick! Anyway, I think her first e-ring was a very simple solitaire, and very pretty. How dare she make such a comment about someone's e-ring! I'm not sure why this made me so angry.

I do like the new ring though
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/21/2004 8:52:49 AM Nicrez wrote:

Sevens One, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree...

Sorry... She's up there with , Rodney Dangerfield, ...

----------------

OH- I'VE been HIT, I've been HIT.......

14.gif
14.gif

Call the Medic! MEDIC!

errrr.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Don't mess with MY BOY!!
naughty.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez- you must have missed this one

reena

Ideal_Rock
OMG--nan, you have been cracking me the hell up lately. richard simmons! lol!

i don't really know how i feel about joan, but i cannot stand melissa rivers. yech.

reena

Ideal_Rock
speaking of britney and her wedding dress (were we? probably not. but whatever) and continuing on my spree of not doing any billable work whatsoever, i just found some brit wedding pictures that were published a bit ago in a swedish tabloid. (i know, don't ask.) here's her dress, which in and of itself i don't think is so horrid, but then she went ahead and acessorized it with that bizzare lace choker thing and those lace handcuffs, or whatever they are. very claire's boutique, if you ask me.

i do like the way that huge cushion cut looks on her hand, though. sigh.

britneyspears2.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, Reena. She would have done much better wearing a simple 2 strand pearl choker and bracelet. More elegant.

reena

Ideal_Rock
now, since nobody asked, here's a pic of brit's second dress, which she apparently changed into immediately after the ceremony. i actually think it's sorta cute--for a night at the pussycat lounge, not for a wedding reception. but whatever, she doesn't seem to really be able to distinguish between the two very well, does she.

so classy--i don't know about you guys, but i've always envisioned wearing an outfit that reveals 80% of my ass in my wedding pictures, with my new hubby on his knees tugging at my garter. now there's a shot to hang over the mantle for generations to come.

nodigt u uit!

spearstrash2.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Nan, you're breakin' my heart!
8.gif
13.gif
2.gif

She may be funny sometimes, but she needs to stop the plastic surgery, jokes or not! I saw her on QVC and I had to turn it off--she looked so taught and pulled, it gave me sympathy pains around my head!
sick.gif
14.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/21/2004 11:37:39 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Nan, you're breakin' my heart!
8.gif
13.gif
2.gif

She may be funny sometimes, but she needs to stop the plastic surgery, jokes or not! I saw her on QVC and I had to turn it off--she looked so taught and pulled, it gave me sympathy pains around my head!
sick.gif
14.gif
----------------

Oh yeah- I do agree about the plastic surgery. Forget to add that.
12.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gawd Reena- that is dead on. Those lace thingiemajobbers are very Claire's Boutique. Her makeup was all smeared and horrible too. She is the personification of the phrase "money can't buy class". It's so sad, I used to have a secret fondness for ol' Brit (Ooops I! Did it again with your heart...)

I saw some blurry paparazzo pics of Elin Nordgren (Tiger Wood's new wife), she looked stunning in her wedding gown.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh no Nicrez!!!! RODNEY? OMG- what an amazing comedian! Who stepped on a duck? LOLOLOL

And JOAN!!!! I ADORE Joan. Joan IS horrible. Horrible. And I love every freakin bit. She says what we all want to say. She was even on an episode of nip tuck and was really good...

She is totally gross too. She looks like skeletor... I love it when she goes on Howard.

OK- as for Christine's dress...OMG REENA!!! LOL...this is where our friendship ends! What the F is that thing? Wasn't she in the mummy with Brendan Frazier in that dress? It's like she's been toilet papered for halloween!!!! Well, maybe it's the bodice that bugs me...I do like that gathered funky look...but that bodice makes me throw up a little in my mouth. SWEETHEART neckline???...Oh, I have the DB chills!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Billy Joel's wife's gown. STUNNING...

reena

Ideal_Rock
MMM, i am cracking up. you are too funny. i still like her dress, i think it looks pretty on her. it would look terrible on me though so don't worry, i won't end up with anything like it. i actually wore a strapless dress with a "sweetheart bodice" to my eighth grade dance. it ended up being a "sweetheart waistline" as the damn thing was falling down the entire time. i was so flat. (come to think of it, still am.) i do like jail bait joel's dress a lot though. that would look much better on my frame. i tend to like lace dresses that fall straight down; another one of my favorites is the melissa sweet that melissa sue is contemplating getting. hope she doesn't mind if i post a pic of it:

SWEET_HALLIE_LONG_L.jpg

isnt it purty? i really like long straight dresses a lot. i think i'm definitely going to go for classy/slightly sexy bride rather than poufy/fairy tale bride.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, that is beautiful! That looks a-line...(not straight down but without a waistline (yolk? sewing folks?) I actually wore a two piece...now I can get only one piece of my ass into it!

reena

Ideal_Rock
maybe it is a-line . . . that would be okay too. i just dont like poufy.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
"Jail bait Joel's" - that cracked me up.... I like that dress you posted. I was recently helping my friend shop for wedding dresses and saw something similar to that, but not lace. It was beautiful ivory organza, I loved it!
love.gif
$750. Not BAD at all! I couldn't believe it.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i think melissa sue found a similar dress elsewhere that she was contemplating getting. maybe she'll chime in. im not even engaged yet, so i shouldn't even be thinking about dresses!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/21/2004 3:19:28 PM moremoremore wrote:

Oh no Nicrez!!!! RODNEY? OMG- what an amazing comedian! Who stepped on a duck? LOLOLOL

And JOAN!!!! I ADORE Joan. Joan IS horrible. Horrible. And I love every freakin bit. She says what we all want to say. She was even on an episode of nip tuck and was really good...

She is totally gross too. She looks like skeletor... I love it when she goes on Howard.

OK- as for Christine's dress...OMG REENA!!! LOL...this is where our friendship ends! What the F is that thing? Wasn't she in the mummy with Brendan Frazier in that dress? It's like she's been toilet papered for halloween!!!! Well, maybe it's the bodice that bugs me...I do like that gathered funky look...but that bodice makes me throw up a little in my mouth. SWEETHEART neckline???...Oh, I have the DB chills!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Billy Joel's wife's gown. STUNNING...----------------

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Hey REena- Love the Jail Bait Joel
(I swear you guys made a ....... ... come out!!!!!!!!!)

MMM- that frickin' avatar is killing me= and the signature.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so torn on Christine's dress - the skirt is GORGEOUS, but I have to agree with MMM, there are all sorts of things wrong with that bodice... it's like the dress has multiple personality disorder. As for me, I'm drooling over Reem Acras... I'm even considering overborrowing a little from law school to make it happen.

And speaking of law school, Reena, I am SO JEALOUS that you can post here at work! I need to work for your firm...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/21/2004 7:05:41 PM sevens one wrote:

...MMM- that frickin' avatar is killing me= and the signature.----------------

ROTF

She's totally out of control.
wacko.gif
twirl.gif
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results