shape
carat
color
clarity

Nicky Hilton and Christine Baumgartner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
so, i just love reading US weekly cause they always do specials on star weddings and sometimes they have ring pics. (although as noted on other threads, sometimes their ring pics are wrong!) anyway i've been meaning to post this one for a while because i think it is just GORGEOUS--it belongs to christine baumgartner, the 30 year old handbag designer who just married kevin costner a few weeks ago. the ring is by neil lane and the article says that it's a "five plus carat square-cut diamond" (it appears to be an asscher) in what looks like a pave "leaf-motif" setting. i just think it is so pretty and unique and different, so i wanted to share. (sorry about the terrible pics but i couldnt find any online, so i had to copy it out of US and then scan it and e-mail it to myself! and yes, i did this all in my law firm's copy room. completely hilarious.)

the interesting story that goes along with this ring is that apparently costner originally gave her a more "modest" sized e-ring, and at this year's oscars joan rivers grabbed her hand and exclaimed over how small it was on national television. (she apparently said something like, "you're a fool--it should be three times that size" or something equally horrid.) so then kevin bought her this gi-normous one. lol.

isn't she so pretty you could barf?

Costner.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, now this picture is even worse, but here's the ring that that horrid nicky hilton had during her "marriage" to that random ape-like investment manager she got hitched to in vegas a few weeks ago. (apparently they're having it annuled--I'M SHOCKED! just kidding. she's really got a good head on her shoulder, that one. HA.)

as you can read in the blurb, the ring is apparently a family heirlooom of the groom's. it's an estimated 9 to 12 carats and supposedly worth about $1 million. i can't really tell whether it is an EC or a radiant or something, but it appears to have some (extremely overwhelmed-lookin) trillions on the side.

and as you can also see, she IS giving the ring back. (like she needs to hold onto it. she could buy three of those before breakfast and not blink an eye.)

hilton.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
So it IS true! Nicky Hilton is breaking up? Honestly, what the hell was she thinking? It's just beyone bizarre for me.

I'm glad Costner came to his senses and got that girl a "real" ring.
2.gif

(I'm only kidding- don't go getting your knickers in a knot; and you know who you are!)

reena

Ideal_Rock
i dont think she WAS thinking. thinking doesn't seem to run in that family.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OK Reena- so far I'm the only one to respond here. Who's the biggest loser again????
wavey.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i think that would be ME, for taking the trouble to save the articles, remembering to bring them to work, running them thru the copier a few times so as to get optimal contrast, scanning them to pdf, e-mailing them to myself, print-screening them into paint, cutting and pasting them into a new paint file, and posting them.

i REALLY didn't feel like doing work today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/20/2004 3:23:27 PM reena wrote:

i think that would be ME, for taking the trouble to save the articles, remembering to bring them to work, running them thru the copier a few times so as to get optimal contrast, scanning them to pdf, e-mailing them to myself, print-screening them into paint, cutting and pasting them into a new paint file, and posting them.

----------------

HI:

You are halir Reena. I've found that work is generally overrated anyway.
saint.gif

cheers

Sharon

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the Joan Rivers thing when she grabbed Baumgartner's hand-what's funny is that Costner's daughter and Baumgartner were laughing soooooo hard at her comments- it's obvious that they thought the same thing! Their wedding looks like it was gorgeous.

reena

Ideal_Rock
her dress was freakin' gorgeous. just to DIE for. (and i don't normally like poufy gowns.)

it's a monique lhuillier.

kcea09272004.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
here's a better picture of it.

costner2.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
while i'm on the topic, i also really like the dress that billy joel's new wife wore to their recent wedding:

billyjoel-inside.jpg

if you were wondering, she's 23.

reena

Ideal_Rock
you couldn't really see much in that last shot so i blew it up a little. i LOVE the scalloped bottom.

joel.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 3:23:27 PM reena wrote:

----------------

OK- you win- for now.
naughty.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
so, what do you think of christine's ring? others at work have told me that they don't like it, but i think it's amazing. i'm starting to think maybe i have strange taste.
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think her ring is typical hollywood fantastic. But I wish they'd have left her with the original one because I liked his reason behind why he picked that for her. It bugged me that he let Joan Rivers get to him like that. OH well....its still really neat.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i hear you. what was the reason behind the first ring? i didn't hear that part of the story.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if this was an elaborate "cover up," but it was my understanding from something I watched about celebrity wedding on E! or VH1 or the like that her original e-ring was never supposed to be the real one. Neil Lane was on, saying that Kevin stopped in and picked out the ring, but was going to let her pick out her own for the wedding. There was some vaguely logical reason behind which I don't remember. But they made it sound like the original one was just a temporary all along.

Who knows? Joan Rivers could have shamed him into concocted such a ridiculous story to save face though...

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a caca doody cover-up story to me. Her original ring was a very nice antique, just not Hollywood style bling. I think he was shamed into getting her a larger one.

I like her new ring, quite a bit.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i guess i have heard the old ring being referred to as a "promise ring". maybe so; who knows. i love the new one, though.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like both rings.
Gosh, Nicky Hiltons marriage was so short lived. How long had she known the guy?

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that their families are close, she's know him since she was a child. Nicky Hilton's eyes are too close together.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The story I read in the InStyle Weddings they were on earlier this year was that he bought her the modest antique of over 100 years because he didn't feel she needed something big and honkie because she was so hot. "Blessed with a lot of outward beauty" or some line like that.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Billy Joel married a 23 year old? I'm gonna puke
14.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I know, his daughter with Christie Brinkley can't be much younger than her!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i believe that the two girls are only a few years apart.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That must make family gatherings awkward.

reena

Ideal_Rock
nah, the two girls have pillowfights, prank people and braid each other's hair while billy drinks his prune juice and takes his meds.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
reena, I hear caller ID has made pranking all but obsolete.
rolleyes.gif
2.gif

I bet they create fake Yahoo email accounts and email prank.
sick.gif
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 8:38:18 PM reena wrote:

nah, the two girls have pillowfights, prank people and braid each other's hair while billy drinks his prune juice and takes his meds.----------------

LMAO

reena

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 9:25:02 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

reena, I hear caller ID has made pranking all but obsolete.
rolleyes.gif
2.gif

I bet they create fake Yahoo email accounts and email prank.
sick.gif
2.gif
----------------

i know--such a shame.
2.gif
i don't know what we would have done in middle school if we couldn't have pranked people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results