shape
carat
color
clarity

Nick Lachey Files for Spousal Support!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,
What a thread!
I have been a J Simpson fan for several years, and I was glad to see someone in the pop world who wasn''t a ''sell out.'' She used to pride herself in being different, and she even said she wouldn''t show her belly button for a music video bc that wasn''t her style. My how far Jessica has gone.
Everything we know about them comes from either the Newlyweds show, or the tabloid mags, which I will admit, I buy. (Us weekly, In touch...)

Having said that, here is my (meaningless) opinion on this subject. I think their pure and true love wasn''t ready for the superstardom they experienced with Newlyweds. Watching that show, I lost more and more respect for her, and grew an appreciation for what a down to earth ''real'' guy he is. Yeah, Nick enjoys going out and having a good time, but why shouldn''t he. I think the difference is, for her, she is so consumed by the attention she is getting, she wants to party, and Nick wants more. LIke, starting a family.. He is in his early 30''s and has said he is ready, while she openly said she was not.

I find it ironic that a "Christian" girl (which I don''t think you can call her anymore) was quick to end her marriage to someone who so obviously wanted to work it out.

He was a much bigger star and cash earner than her when they married. He most definately is entitled to anything that they accumulated during the marriage. All the headlines about him being a cheat etc could hurt his future too.
I am surprised by how many of you think he is weak for doing this. I thiknk the opposite. I find him to be very classy and quiet about the whole situation. It is hard enough to go through a divorce, but man to see yourself in all the mag''s, I couldn''t handle it.

I hope his life flourishes and I look forward to seeing him on tv as he continues to add to his talents. He really has quite a classic voice and that song from newlyweds, just bursts with love.

I say good luck to them both, and the more money Nick gets, the less she can waste!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 3:26:46 PM
Author: pearcrazy

Date: 2/18/2006 12:55:57 PM
Author: Mara
''Where is this guy''s pride?''

That''s an interesting comment, when do you EVER see anyone say something like that about the WOMAN who asks for spousal support? Why is it that a woman is entitled to ask for it but a man has to ''grow a sack'' (how nice) or has no pride for asking for it. Who knows what his reasons are, maybe he is just hurt and wants to sock it to her, but if this was a woman left by her husband and asking for spousal support and he was a rich celebrity and she had ''stood by him'' and been faithful or whatever (insert cliche here!)...I can almost guarantee the tune in this thread would be very different.

Of course we don''t know what happened in their marriage but everything I read said that he was devastated and begged her to not file yet, he wanted to work it out. He is a midwestern good ole'' boy who was in love with a girl and wanted a family. She totally changed (visible to EVERYONE even us who don''t even know her) during the time they were married and so many friends of theirs said that she was just a different person and they didn''t even know each other anymore. How sad!

But above and beyond that, I think he''s entitled to ask for it just like a woman would be entitled and other women would probably cheer her on. The judge can only say no.
Wow! For the first time ever I have to say I completely agree with Mara!
23.gif
Ditto!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I just heard on my local newscast that he is also asking for the return of some jewelry pieces
32.gif
I don''t believe he can do that since they were gifts unless maybe there were some family pieces. Anyone else hear about this? Imagine....having to give our jewelry back
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"My personal experience is what I was referencing. Geesh!! You seem to have lots of opinions on many topics on PS, and how much personal experience do you have in each of them? My happy marriage and experience with many friends and family's marriages and a few divorces is where my life experience comes in."

Sorry, when you said 'years of personal experience' it just seemed like it was alot more than 'a few divorces'...leading me to conclude you must be a divorce lawyer!!
2.gif

Regarding experience...does it really matter how much experience I or anyone else on here has with something? Does it make an opinion any less qualified or able to be fought for? Speaking of someone who has lots of opinions, hello pot this is kettle...are you black??

I think it's funny and ironic that in almost EVERY post (and I have said this before again and again as have others and somehow it just DOES NOT seem to register for you) that you can be condescending AND you act like you are the absolute and ultimate regarding the knowledge YOU have on that particular subject...whether it be raising kids, staying home with kids, divorces, marriages, how much bank managers make, oh and whether or not a marriage will work because of a pre-nup...what else have I forgotten???

Every opinion is valid.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 8:48:58 PM
Author: Momoftwo

Do not paraphrase or presume to know about me.
Are you kidding me? YOU are the one who presumes too much.

You are the one who presumes that your experience with EVERYTHING trumps everyone else's. You are the one here that has the gall to question others' "qualifications" for having an opinion. The minute someone posts an opposing idea, you start trotting out all your YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of experience like it's some badge of validation. Age is a number, not a medal. Achieving a certain age only means you're still breathing......and that's IT.

Presumably, those years translate to life experience, but it's not a given. I know people 10 years old than I am who still can't manage to be responsible for themselves. The fact that they are over 50 does not mystically and magically make them "know more".

And yes, admittedly, life experience does inform one, but NO ONE has an exclusive on it.......least of all the narrow minded.

Amazing.....all those years and years of experience you keep referring to haven't done a thing for your lack of finesse.

You are entitled to your opinion....and SO is everyone else......without having to justify to you or anyone else whether or not their years are sufficient enough to support their opinions.

YOU are the one who should stop presuming.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 12:44:48 AM
Author: Mara
''My personal experience is what I was referencing. Geesh!! You seem to have lots of opinions on many topics on PS, and how much personal experience do you have in each of them? My happy marriage and experience with many friends and family''s marriages and a few divorces is where my life experience comes in.''

Sorry, when you said ''years of personal experience'' it just seemed like it was alot more than ''a few divorces''...leading me to conclude you must be a divorce lawyer!!
2.gif

Regarding experience...does it really matter how much experience I or anyone else on here has with something? Does it make an opinion any less qualified or able to be fought for? Speaking of someone who has lots of opinions, hello pot this is kettle...are you black??

I think it''s funny and ironic that in almost EVERY post (and I have said this before again and again as have others and somehow it just DOES NOT seem to register for you) that you can be condescending AND you act like you are the absolute and ultimate regarding the knowledge YOU have on that particular subject...whether it be raising kids, staying home with kids, divorces, marriages, how much bank managers make, oh and whether or not a marriage will work because of a pre-nup...what else have I forgotten???

Every opinion is valid.
Mara, my thoughts exactly. I feel that so many of the posts are indeed condescending and find that it happens on so many subjects. Don''t know whether it''s intentional, or not but sure seems that way.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
One other thing fore I go to bed. It''s a diamond forum no?? Ok then why come on here time and time again just to argue??

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 10:32:19 AM
Author: moon river
I think what pride he has is hurt right now. She went from a virgin bride to a skanky party girl who stayed drunk and cheated on him. She don''t care to spend millions on frivolous items for herself. Now she has to pay the piper. In the begining, he was the more popular one so he did boost her career I think. I wonder what her views on sex are now? Is she going to ''save'' herself again?? I doubt it.
Exactly!!!...Poor guy...he really did love her and it was obvious...From what was shown to us, the audience, Jessica allowed herself to be perceived as a bubble-gum silly headed blonde with no awareness of how ridiculous she was actually portraying herself. Her dad...omg...what an ass...He was insatiably greedy, sacrificing his daughter for more, more, and more and taking the "ho way" to money and stardom...

As stupid as Jess made herself out to be, she could have pulled the plug and told her dad no but she didn''t because it was becoming all too tasty to her and she loved being loved and desired by the public and other celebrities. She''s like any other young woman who craves wanting to be wanted...and sadly, Nick was not enough for her. If he had been, she wouldn''t have had that need so strong...

Nick is SO much better w/o her and now he can heal his pride and find someone who is fulfilled with him...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 1:43:06 AM
Author: kaleigh
One other thing fore I go to bed. It''s a diamond forum no?? Ok then why come on here time and time again just to argue??
Thank you, Kaleigh!!! I think a few folks around here either have a desperate need or craving to argue or don''t have enough to keep them occupied in their own lives...I like talking about bling, and more of it...celebrity bling, neighbor''s bling, my bling, your bling...on THAT, we can all share and have a positive experience...

All the rest of the crap that certain people are getting worked up over, I will pass...

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I''m young, 23, but in my circle of friends divorce is quite prevalent...more come from divorced families than parents together...so while I haven''t been divorced myself, we''ve all been quite open about our experiences, and then on top of that I''ve observed many through other family and family friends. It took me about 20 minutes to think of one civil divorce and that was probably only because of a prenup, both were working with no children...so to me a civil divorce is the exception and not the norm. And the logic that one could''ve been working is even held against stay at home moms, so many have to fight to get the support they deserve on top of everything else they''re going through. The fact that something like beign a stay at home mom can be held against you in court I just find to be BS because it isnt like that decision was made alone! I''m so jaded I feel like if when I''m married we made that choice, I''d need to get it in writing so 23 years later I don''t get that held against me (god forbid I ever have to get divorced)!

I guess my intended point was that there are decisions that people make as a couple that we don''t know about. Maybe they decided that she was making more money and it was better for them to spend time traveling together while she worked instead of always being separated, as that may be more stressful on the relationship. We don''t know what they decided as a couple, so to make it as simple as he could''ve been working isn''t really fair. If he''s just wanting this money because he is bitter and just wants to make her spend more money on legal fees or he doesnt want to budget or alter his lifestyle, which is a reality after people divorce, than maybe the judge will see through that. If he deserves it, then I hope he gets it! Plus, it usually only goes on for a set amount of time and then it is reevaluated, if he hasn''t made an effort and still can''t support himself, its too bad. If he''s made an effort and still can''t, then she''d have to keep paying, provided her finances are doing as well as they are now.

And now I''m going to sleep...ashamed that I actually spent so much time writing a post about the Simpson-Lachey divorce!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I just have to add something here. I really want to thank Mara and Alj for their last posts. As a newbie and long time lurker, there are reasons why people don''t register or post....it is people like MO2. Almost every post she and some others do is combative and really deters people, especially newbies because they feel like if they post somethhing it will be the spark to light the powder keg. I am tired of hearing how great peoples marriages are and what a great person they are, if you are that great it would show in your emails. I don''t personally know Kaleigh, mrssalvo, or sevens one, but to me they seems like pretty darn good people. Good marriages, great kids, etc. and they didn''t need to post any billboards for that to come across. Mara and Alj post views on things, and get their point across without ever being nasty. We are talking about a person who has been married forever and decides to go post in the LIW forum about the LIW''s relationships and whether or not they are healthy based on her marriage and experience. To sum up I think it is just bunk that someone feels the need to be this way. I liked pricescope because there are so many nice people with nice things to say and interesting topics. It is just sad that there always has to be that one kid in the sanbox that has to throw sand! This is in no way a personal attack because there have been MANY people like this, this was just the latest.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if anybody read my second post, but leagally they will split whatever they earned as a couple so why would he need spousal support?

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I find it ironic that a ''Christian'' girl (which I don''t think you can call her anymore) was quick to end her marriage to someone who so obviously wanted to work it out.
Christians are not perfect. Christians makes mistakes. Christians sin. Social behavior or sinful behavior is not what defines a Christian. Only God is perfect and complete. Christians believe that Jesus is the Christ and died on the cross to deliver from all our sins. However, Christians are and will always be sinful in nature. But if a person believes in Jesus all those sins are forgiven no matter how gruesome. Rules of "Christian behavior" are defined by religion. Religion is man-made.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
The reason Spousal support exists is to keep the other spouse in the same lifestyle as when they were married. I agree it should be used at the discretion of the Judge. For example, I graduated college with a paralegal degree then my ex was so jealous that I couldn''t work for him throwing his fits. I stayed home with the kids(which I don''t regret) and when I finally left him I was told by my attorney I should seek spousal support. I decided against it. He had controlled me long enough. It''s a good thing because I do well to get the child support he owes.
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LM I did see what you said re: the marriage assets, to me those are different than spousal...but again if he feels like he''s justified, he should ask! It''s up the judge to say yay or nay.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Mokey - your post pretty much summed up everything I am feeling as well. I''ve been on this board now for over a year and used to post quite frequently, usually just for the fun of it - because this was a fun place to be! But there became people on these forums who I just could not tolerate anymore - the person you are referencing being Numero Uno. When I log on to PS, I want to chat about diamonds, sparklies, shopping, celebs, etc. I don''t need to listen to condescending opinions (stated as facts) by narrow-minded individuals. What Mara and Al posted previous to your post hit the nail on the head, and took the words right out of my mouth. Lets just put it this way - it doesn''t take a psychology degree to figure out what is really going on with some people.
20.gif

That being said - I totally agree with those of you who think that Nick is doing the right thing. Saying that he shouldn''t ask for spousal support is being sexist. Because as others have stated, when a woman does it, no one bats an eyelash. I think she turned into a completely different person in the past 4 years, based off of what I''ve observed. Granted, much of it COULD be the paparazzi''s spin on the situation. However, I really believe that stardom went to her head and changed here. She was only 22 or so when she got married. I''m sorry, but many girls of 22 don''t quite know themselves well enough at that age, let alone start to share themselves for the rest of their lives with another man. I think she''s in her "growing up" and "finding herself" phase of her 20''s right now and unfortunately for Nick, that means without him. Like someone else said, he''s kind of like the good ''ole boy from the midwest and she''s become a star-struck diva with dollar-signs in her eyes and designer labels glued to her body.

I hope he gets what he''s asking for. I hope she tones it down a little bit and realizes that she still lives on planet Earth and on Earth, not everyone has it so good. Maybe she should take a minute and actually open up her pretty eyes and start looking around. Maybe she''ll trade in her Dolce and Gabbana for an actualy heart and start using her celebrity status to do some good in this world.....
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually was pretty sad about their breakup even though it seemed like you could see it coming...I just remembered their wedding, how happy they looked, how great they were together in their first year on Newlyweds, how patient he was with her and how much in love he seemed. But even after that first year, it seemed different, they seemed different and it just continued to get more obvious to viewers and readers (of mags etc). She definitely is just learning to find herself, she's young and she is just coming out of her shell, out from under Daddy's thumb. Nick is older, having been there and done that, he wanted to settle down and have kids. I read somewhere that he told a friend it was really hard to watch his brother Drew, younger than him, about to have a baby with his wife Leah...he said something like 'that was supposed to be me'...how sad is that.

Though I will say that I remember reading or watching something about when Nick and Jessica were together way back when, she broke it off because she wanted to 'play the field' and explore a bit, not just end up with the first person she really dated. Well she was doing just that and then 9/11 happened and it freaked her out and showed her what was 'real' and then she went back to get with Nick and a year or so later they're married. While I do believe in events like 9/11 showing people what they really do mean to each other, I always kind of thought that was a red flag. She broke it off to ensure she experienced enough life without him and then seemed like maybe she came back too soon?

In any case it's a pattern, both times she has left him....I do think he's better off without her unfortunately especially now the way she is (party girl extraordinaire!) and I hope he finds someone worthy of him and what he has to give.

ETA I was watching the E! Hollywood Story on the Simpson family which was done in 2005 before the split and it was so sad seeing all this footage of them where they were all happy and their wedding footage and things they said about each other, knowing now that they are embroiled in the divorce.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I read that too - that they got back together essentially because of 9/11. If I remember correctly, he was at LaGuardia or JFK waiting for a plane when he looked over toward to NYC skyline and saw all the smoke from the towers and they shut down the airports because of the attacks. He got on his cell phone and she was the first person he called, even though they were broken up at the time. He said that she was only person he felt that could comfort him and calm him down. Shortly after that they got back together and he proposed.

Perhaps they just rushed into things, who knows. That was a very difficult and confusing time in so many American''s lives, and it definitely pushed people to just "go for it" with their relationships and such. People who were unsure about marriage decided to give it a go. More babies were born as people got more physical with their signifigant other''s for comfort. So I''m not surprised that these two decided to give it another shot, even though she was still pretty young. Unfortunately, just like so many American''s seemed to have forgotten the tragedy of that day, JS seemed to forget to take her vows seriously. Instead of "til death do us part" she was more " till I get a movie offer and a couple hundred designer purses"
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think their break up is sad too. Wonder if they could have made it without that father of her''s. Guess we''ll never know. But her eternity band inspired me to get one. So I can thank her for that, hehe. And because of that eternity band I found PS. So there ya go.
3.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 4:22:46 PM
Author: kaleigh
I think their break up is sad too. Wonder if they could have made it without that father of her''s. Guess we''ll never know. But her eternity band inspired me to get one. So I can thank her for that, hehe. And because of that eternity band I found PS. So there ya go.
3.gif
Kaleigh, I''m glad something ''good'' came out of all this. Without Nick and Jessica we wouldn''t have you!!
2.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Mara look at Nick''s brother Drew and his wife. He was with her when he had nothing and they are still together, and seem to be thriving. I just hope that whatever happens Nick can have the life he wanted. Of course he will probably never get over Jessica and when he tries she will get all jealous and say she wants him back and then he will be ruined again! I really do believe the man is heartbroken over this girl, more than once now. Hopefully he will find someone to give him all he deserves. I don''t have anything against Jessica so to speak, I just think that she was too much under her dads thumb and will forever be.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever wondered why Daddy Simpson care so much about Jessica''s image and her virginity and gave little thought to Ashley''s? Does he only care about the oldest being pure? He''s just icky in my book and perhaps if it weren''t for him they would have had a better chance at things.

I also always thought Jessica put Nick on the back burner. Now she''ll have to think of him at least when she signs that alimony check
27.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 8:04:32 PM
Author: moon river
Has anyone ever wondered why Daddy Simpson care so much about Jessica''s image and her virginity and gave little thought to Ashley''s? Does he only care about the oldest being pure? He''s just icky in my book and perhaps if it weren''t for him they would have had a better chance at things.

I also always thought Jessica put Nick on the back burner. Now she''ll have to think of him at least when she signs that alimony check
27.gif

I totally agree. Her dad really does creep me out. Remember that one comment he made to the press about her large chest
32.gif
thought that was very odd.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
OOHH Yuck, I remember that!! My goodness I know they''re ''out there'' but is he supposed to know that?
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also thought it was odd that the dad was so protective of Jessica but not Ashley...seriously before Ashley''s song and show came out I had NO IDEA that Jessica had a sister. Did anyone else not know either? I was like WHAT she has a younger sister??!

also it seems like so much of the family''s LIFE when the kids were growing up was always about JESSICA. No wonder she''s so damn spoiled?

I read that they were so poor when they were young that Jessica''s mom would buy clothes for her to wear (nice ones I guess) and then leave the tags on so she could return them AFTER Jessica had worn them. What great values did she teach there?
20.gif
Sure you can have whatever you want, whenever you want, no matter what!

Also what about Ashley''s song about living in the shadow, the words are quite sad, about how she was always in the shadow of someone beautiful etc...it''s a song about her sister and all the attention Jessica got and Ashley didn''t. Such an odd family, that is for sure. Jessica is definitely the golden child...and as much as I hate to say it because I do like Nick from what I have seen, he should have known that with her background and family that she would never change for the better! Can you see her as a Mom??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved watching Ashley on Seventh Heaven. She was great on that show. I do feel she was put on the back burner and that is just sad. The father creeps me out. I have no words for him and the comments he makes. I feel for Nick and am sure this isn''t an easy road for him right now. I believe he loved Jessica dearly. But all the stuff that goes on in Hollyweird is tough. I wish him all the best. I think he''s a good guy.
2.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I don''t want to sound like a butt kisser here, but I have to agree with Mara again. I NEVER knew she even had a sister! Hell the only way you realize she has a mom is because she is always hanging out with Jessica like they are buds. The dad has some sick fixation on Jessica and it is so obvious. He gave her a ring when she promised to stay a virgin and got upset that she had taken it off after their wedding. I believe she wears it again and never takes it off. I think it is also obvious about the parents marriage, they have none! Where are these girls supposed to learn how to be in a healthy relationship if they don''t see one? I really feel for Ashley because it seems like she is in the shadows and tries anything to get attention. She was bulimic, she has this acid thing that affects her voice, she cuts her hair to pi** them off, she kisses boys and whatever else
31.gif
to get their attention. Then she does a song like Living In Your Shadow and they all try to cover and say it isn''t about Jessica! For crying out loud this girl was an accomplished dance/ballet student and had a huge future ahead of her in dance, what happened, the dad pulled her out of that to go be Jessica''s back up dancer. I also think she is a good little actress, but now she is being overshadowed by Jessica on that one too. If you ever watch the stories on E! and all about how Jessica struggled and the church didn''t want her because of her boobs and how they tried to cover them and all, I think the church didn''t want them because they saw what a sicko the dad "former preacher" was! They can deny it all they want, but everyone knows! Just my .02!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I had to jump back in and say that I was talking to hubby again about this last night. There was more info out about Jessica''s apparently affair during their marriage. I asked hubby if he thought it was strange that Nick filed for support and he did admit that he thought it was a little weird but also said if it were a woman filing that would be normal. just goes to show the double standard which has already been talked about here. I personally think there is no way to know all the details and yes they have a lot of money but do we know if it''s invested or saved? Maybe they blew it all or have huge debts to pay off so when it''s all said and done, he doesn''t have anything? My point is we just don''t know. I also think he''s feeling hurt and betrayed which is why he''s asking for jewelry back. The spousal support issure is up to the judge and don''t you know the world will be watching the outcome. Even divorced we still love to watch Nick and Jessica.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. I also feel for Ashley. I don''t know if she always wanted to be a singer? I like how her songs are reflections of her and I like the fact that she is her own person but what I don''t like is her lack of talent in the actual "singing" part. Everyone knows the girl can''t sing. If she weren''t Jessica''s sister, though, would she be where she is now?

On another note. Did you all see ET last night. They had Jessica on... I had the volume down and the heater was running so I''m not ENTIRELY sure I heard creepy Dad say this... but I swear he said "HER AND I ARE DATING!"

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Nick just bought a house for $5.5 million. Doesnt' sound like his lifestyle has changed much to me since they sold their previous home together for less than that. And yes, they split 50/50 which I also mentioned earlier, but got ignored because I don't approach everythng the PS PC way. I still maintain his request is about revenge. Why else would he bother? He's letting his hurt pride dictate the way he's handling his divorce.

As for Jessica's sister, there was a huge blowup last year on SNL for her getting caught lip synching. Neither one of them can really sing. It's all marketing.

Once again, everyone is entitled to their opinions and mine happens to disagree with some of you, but that's life. There were others who posted their initial reaction to him asking for spousal support who are afraid to post again. I, in the past have received PM's from others who agree with what I have posted and they are too afraid to post because of the attacks that take place with anyone who is conservative or Christian and dont' agree with what appears to be the majority on this site. I also have received a few PM's about some of you and the way you handle yourselves with me and with others. Just as in real life, there is/was plenty of backstabbing going on here. Most are just afraid to post how they feel about the ones that appear to run this site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results