shape
carat
color
clarity

Nick Lachey Files for Spousal Support!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 9:07:45 AM
Author: Momoftwo
Nick just bought a house for $5.5 million. Doesnt' sound like his lifestyle has changed much to me since they sold their previous home together for less than that. And yes, they split 50/50 which I also mentioned earlier, but got ignored because I don't approach everythng the PS PC way.

I haven't heard that yet. The last I heard was he bought a house in Cincinnati for $300K.
I'm glad his lifestyle hasn't changed much then he deserves it.

I don't think anyone ignored you Momoftwo but the thread stayed when you mentioned him having no pride or your hubby asking where was it. I understand that many things are lost in written words and many times I even agree with what you are saying. I just think unless you know them personally and know the details of their finances it's hard to make judgement calls or question the man's pride
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the link..that''s great news and good for him for getting a lab puppy, I knew I liked him for a reason
9.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion, alimony should only be given to people who need to get back on their feet (stay at home mom''s and the like) and it should only be given temporarily. Anyone, in this day and age can get a job, the only people who be getting ''support'' after a divorce are the children.

My mom and dad have been divorced over 30 years now, and she still gets alimoney...and yes I think it''s BS.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 1:50:23 AM
Author: DeannaBana

Date: 2/19/2006 1:43:06 AM
Author: kaleigh
One other thing fore I go to bed. It''s a diamond forum no?? Ok then why come on here time and time again just to argue??
Thank you, Kaleigh!!! I think a few folks around here either have a desperate need or craving to argue or don''t have enough to keep them occupied in their own lives...I like talking about bling, and more of it...celebrity bling, neighbor''s bling, my bling, your bling...on THAT, we can all share and have a positive experience...

All the rest of the crap that certain people are getting worked up over, I will pass...
OK, since Momof Two brought it up I will comment on posts like these. I find people like these VERY hypocritical. You both after all are commenting on a thread that has nothing to do with "bling" in the first place. If that''s all you want to talk about then why post what you did above? Check out the thread topics in the diamond hangout forum. How many of them have nothing to do with "bling"? Why did you even open the thread? Just walk away. You two decide who you agree with and then attack posters who don''t side up with you. I didn''t agree with what MomofTwo or how she said it, but why take sides when she seemed to be in a heated discussion with Mara over it? This isn''t third grade, no one has choose loyalties. You agreed with what Mara said (as did I) but certainly Mara can defend her own opinions when she gets in a tiff with another member. I mean, c''mon, you want to bring up people who argue their own opinions over and over again? Someone with a post count that tops 14,000 is doing more than admiring the bling. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. I have NO problem with people who want to come on here and argue their point. If I grow tired of reading it, or posting on it I move on.

How boring would this place be if everyone thought the same way? So there, I''ve said it. Those who want to slam me for it-- please go ahead, I can take it. There are however, lots of members here who feel the same way I do who are afraid to be bulllied by others so they say nothing. They used to send LOTS of PM''s though. There were a couple of members that spoke up, were ganged up on and left the board because of it, whom I miss dearly. Sometimes I feel that way too. Now there is no more PM feature to offer anonymous support so I guess I''ll offer it publicly. Quite honestly I don''t think that MomofTwo is the only one who is opinionated and condescending a lot of the time, she just seems to have fewer supporters.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 12:23:04 PM
Author: pearcrazy
OK, since Momof Two brought it up I will comment on posts like these. I find people like these VERY hypocritical. You both after all are commenting on a thread that has nothing to do with ''bling'' in the first place. If that''s all you want to talk about then why post what you did above? Check out the thread topics in the diamond hangout forum. How many of them have nothing to do with ''bling''? Why did you even open the thread? Just walk away. You two decide who you agree with and then attack posters who don''t side up with you. I didn''t agree with what MomofTwo or how she said it, but why take sides when she seemed to be in a heated discussion with Mara over it? This isn''t third grade, no one has choose loyalties. You agreed with what Mara said (as did I) but certainly Mara can defend her own opinions when she gets in a tiff with another member. I mean, c''mon, you want to bring up people who argue their own opinions over and over again? Someone with a post count that tops 14,000 is doing more than admiring the bling. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. I have NO problem with people who want to come on here and argue their point. If I grow tired of reading it, or posting on it I move on.

How boring would this place be if everyone thought the same way? So there, I''ve said it. Those who want to slam me for it-- please go ahead, I can take it. There are however, lots of members here who feel the same way I do who are afraid to be bulllied by others so they say nothing. They used to send LOTS of PM''s though. There were a couple of members that spoke up, were ganged up on and left the board because of it, whom I miss dearly. Sometimes I feel that way too. Now there is no more PM feature to offer anonymous support so I guess I''ll offer it publicly. Quite honestly I don''t think that MomofTwo is the only one who is opinionated and condescending a lot of the time, she just seems to have fewer supporters.
I agree Pearcrazy, most of us have voiced our opinion in one or more post. Not every one is going to agree with you and that''s okay. Although, I agree that MO2 have fewer supporters than others do but I do not agree with pointing a finger at her when there are other posters on here who can be and have been just as condescending in their responses.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nick just bought a house for $5.5 million. Doesnt'' sound like his lifestyle has changed much to me since they sold their previous home together for less than that. And yes, they split 50/50 which I also mentioned earlier, but got ignored because I don''t approach everythng the PS PC way. I still maintain his request is about revenge. Why else would he bother? He''s letting his hurt pride dictate the way he''s handling his divorce.

As for Jessica''s sister, there was a huge blowup last year on SNL for her getting caught lip synching. Neither one of them can really sing. It''s all marketing.

Once again, everyone is entitled to their opinions and mine happens to disagree with some of you, but that''s life. There were others who posted their initial reaction to him asking for spousal support who are afraid to post again. I, in the past have received PM''s from others who agree with what I have posted and they are too afraid to post because of the attacks that take place with anyone who is conservative or Christian and dont'' agree with what appears to be the majority on this site. I also have received a few PM''s about some of you and the way you handle yourselves with me and with others. Just as in real life, there is/was plenty of backstabbing going on here. Most are just afraid to post how they feel about the ones that appear to run this site.
Well then I guess it''s a good thing that PM''s are gone so that all the behind-the-scenes gossiping about people can stop eh?
1.gif
For me there''s no backstabbing, I either like someone or I don''t and if I don''t, they know it. I have no patience for BS.

Gosh I can''t imagine anyone who can voice an opinion as harshly as you can...I know I can be a bitch sometimes surely, but even YOU blow my mind with some of the stuff you post and I don''t think I have ever really felt that way before on here. At least I am aware of what I write and know how it can be interpreted or mis-interpreted at times, I also don''t delight in being PC most of the time, but you seem to somehow think that you are are just misunderstood, but MAN can you be beyond harsh in your posts. Then you typically don''t respond to being called out or even address what people have said (multiple people who aren''t afraid to speak out) and just lurk to wait for the next opportunity to cause some mayhem.

Lastly, I went back and looked through the reactions for spousal support....sorry but I can''t imagine people like lmurden or others who posted with a disagreeing opinion as the types to be ''AFRAID'' to post just because not everyone agrees with them, as you said, such is life.
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also to address what the others said...I do agree with PC that everyone has their right to their own opinion, of course you all know that I have mine and voice it whenever possible.
9.gif
Pear Crazy and I have disagreed more than once and gotten into a heated argument. I don't care and I don't hold a grudge against someone who wants to argue their point. I don't care if people agree with me or if I have supporters. I can definitely respect MO2 for always being WAY out there with her opinion regardless of what others think, but MY GOD, even I cringe many times when I read her posts!! Sometimes I seem like Mother Theresa compared to her, which is pretty scary.

Also I know from this thread and many others recently where I have called her out for again being just beyond rude that tons of people agree with me but that doesn't affect for one minute whether I feel I am right or wrong. I know she's out of line many times and I know that when I am that out of line, most of the time at least a few people call me on it in public. I don't have a problem with that and it doesn't hurt my feelings.

But bottom line for me is that, MO2 I seriously feel like 9 out of 10 of your posts have some sort of judgement or rude or condescending tone to it. Do you not see this????? This is kind of what boggles my mind. At least when I am being bitchy, you can guarantee I KNOW IT.
1.gif

So for me it's really hard to continue to respect or try to like someone who just seems really judgemental and MEAN in most of her posts and doesn't spend any time in RT or any other areas of the forum HELPING others which is still the purpose of this forum. Instead almost every post is to post some judgemental opinion regarding something she's an 'expert' on. I don't even have a good feel for her personality or her life other than she has a 'happy marriage'.

Those are just my honest thoughts.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Once again, everyone is entitled to their opinions and mine happens to disagree with some of you, but that's life. There were others who posted their initial reaction to him asking for spousal support who are afraid to post again. I, in the past have received PM's from others who agree with what I have posted and they are too afraid to post because of the attacks that take place with anyone who is conservative or Christian and dont' agree with what appears to be the majority on this site. I also have received a few PM's about some of you and the way you handle yourselves with me and with others. Just as in real life, there is/was plenty of backstabbing going on here. Most are just afraid to post how they feel about the ones that appear to run this site.
MO2, again, you miss the point.

The problem isn't your opinion. The problem isn't that your opinion differs from someone else's. It's not the position you take or whether or not others agree with your position. People here disagree all the time, and it's fine.. Seeing things differently isn't the problem. It's the belittling, judgmental, dismissive, condescending way that you deliver it.

It's the way that you challenge another's right to their opinion based sheerly on whether or not they've been married as long as you have, whether or not they have children, whether or not they meet any host of criteria that you deem making them eligible to have a opinion worth considering.

You just don't get that it's not your stance that's offensive and unpopular......it's the nasty, self-righteous, sanctimonious way that you deliver it. It's the way that you dismiss someone else's viewpoint by challenging their right to an opinion at all.

I've disagreed with tons of folks here, but respected them and the way they've gone about it. Heather (hlmr) and I have had many discussions where we see things differently, but it's always been a civil discussion, and I've grown to respect her immensely. I really, really enjoy talking with her. Sharing the same opinion isn't a prerequisite for getting along here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results