shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Newly engaged - Old Mine Cut 5 generations old!

IreneVet

Rough_Rock
It's been 2 whole days since my now FIANCE proposed to me, and like most brides-to-be, I'm pretty obsessed with my new sparkly! My friend suggested sharing it on here, so I hope you all enjoy the pics!

The setting is a custom design made from the fusion of having seen a Ritani modern bypass micropave ring (see here: http://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/modern-bypass-micropave-diamond-band-engagement-ring-in-platinum/4962) and the Tacori 2547 (see here: http://www.tacori.com/ht2547rd7.html). I liked elements of both, so I talked to a local jewelry designer who made my vision into the reality you see here!

As for the main stone, it was passed down my dad's side for 5 generations, and was formerly my mom's before she passed away this year. I feel so honored to be able to have it in my engagement ring, and I have to say, it's pretty awesome too! It's an old mine cut, 1.46 carats, and K color, VS2. To be honest, I don't care so much about the specs, I'd be thrilled with anything that meant as much as this ring does to me, but I'm happy to share! There are 20 smaller stones in band and 18 in the "halo" (all G-H/VS1), and it's made of platinum. Oh yea, and my finger is a 5 1/2 for reference. :) I think I have better pics at home of the OMC, but those will have to wait.

_5517.jpg

_5518.jpg

_5519.jpg

_5520.jpg

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love it!

What will you do for a wedding band!? :appl:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Congrats on the engagement! what an amazing story! I love that your center diamond has so much history!!

...Oh and its LOVELY too!!! :love: :love: :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! it looks absolutely lovely on your finger! :love: :appl:

IreneVet

Rough_Rock
Just a few super close-ups of the OMC from when it was in it's old setting using my macro lens.

_5522.jpg

_5523.jpg

_5524.jpg

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Gorgeous ring!!! lovely nails too :D :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

What sentimental value! It's so beautiful!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry your mom passed away. How special to have this stone for your engagement ring! It's gorgeous!!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

What an heirloom to pass down, very sentimental.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its really lovely. Such a nice way to keep your Mom close.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome. Your ring turned out beautifully and looks lovely on your hand. The sentimental history adds that much more passion to your ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement! What a lovely ring with such special meaning. Wear it in health and happiness!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazingly special stone - so rich in both appearance and history :love:

I'm so sorry about your mum :(sad your beautiful ring is a lovely way to honour her. Congratulations on your engagement!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's pretty!!! :love: Such a special stone and a beautiful way to remember and honor your mother.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it is stunning!! I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's passing, what a beautiful and meaningful way of honoring her memory. It is truly gorgeous, and you have such pretty hands!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it is beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! I love the sentimental connection to your mom...can't buy that kind of "special"! It looks fantastic on your hand and such a lovely halo type twist to it...awesome!!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring. I also have an heirloom stone that was my grandmother's (it's a 1.5 K I1 OEC...we're kinda close in specs!) for my ering (also a halo). It's really special to have family stone signify the beginning of a new branch on the family tree (is that how family trees work? haha). Anyway, congrats on a beautiful ring and your engagement!

IreneVet

Rough_Rock
I've recently been on the hunt for my wedding band, and I'm quite conflicted about having one that matches the engagement ring or something that isn't exactly the same, but I still think would look great. I'd love to hear what other people have to say! Regardless of which wedding band I choose, I'll have it custom made so that it fits flush with the slight curve of my e-ring and it'll be an eternity band so that if I wear my wedding band by itself, I can twist it 180 degrees and it'll be straight across. So the options are:

1) Have a band that's exactly like my e-ring, same size stones, same design
2) A band like my e-ring but with slightly larger stones, same design
3) http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/harmony-diamond-wedding-band-1028.htm
4) http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/verragio-full-eternity-diamond-wedding-ring-1871.htm
5) http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/halo-diamond-wedding-band-1142.htm
6) http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/elena-diamond-wedding-band-1368.htm

I hope these links work. Let me know what everyone thinks! Thanks! :confused:

IreneVet

Rough_Rock
9 months after I got my engagement ring, it has given birth to a baby - the wedding band. :razz: Well, ok, truth be told, I've had this for a bit of time now, but this is the first time I'm posting both the band and e-ring together. I had it custom made with 14 3-pointers to sit flush. I just wish I could start wearing it every day already!

photo_499.jpg

photo_500.jpg

photo_501.jpg

photo_502.jpg

jess719

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed your e-ring the first time you posted! How wonderful to have a family heirloom OMC! :love: It is a beautiful stone and the rings are very pretty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set with lovely sentiment!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!

Beautiful heirloom stone and ring. I love the look combined with your band. You have a beautiful set.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I love both the ring and the band... also my e ring is an heirloom as well so I could totally relate to your story. enjoy!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a lovely, lovely ring and a pretty special diamond too! I love when pieces are passed down from one generation to the next, to add their own story to the stone :appl: :appl:

Wear her in love and happiness :love:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous set! :love: Wear it in good health!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous in every way! :love: What an amazingly beautiful and meaningful stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results