shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Newly engaged - Old Mine Cut 5 generations old!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love love love!!!! I love antique diamonds and the fact that THIS diamond has such a rich history in your family makes it even more special!!! Congrats on your engagement!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your whole set is beautiful. I love how the band is custom made to go with the ering. Congratulations!! Your mom would be thrilled.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is a beautiful ring. Well done on the design and congratulations on your engagement!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for your mom's passing. This is a gawjus ring and the fact that it is passed down for all thos generations is AMAZING!
Congrats on your engagement! :appl:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Lovin it paired with the band - great set together :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is fantastic! the history is wonderful.. I'm so happy for you and wish you much happiness.... I love the aspects of your ring.. very blingy and very class!!!

:love: :love: :love:

As for the main stone, it was passed down my dad's side for 5 generations, and was formerly my mom's before she passed away this year. I feel so honored to be able to have it in my engagement ring, and I have to say, it's pretty awesome too! It's an old mine cut, 1.46 carats, and K color, VS2. To

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful set! Congratulations, and best wishes for a long and happy marriage. It must make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside just knowing how many women in your family have had this special stone gracing their finger, and now it's your turn. What a wonderful connection to have, especially with your mom. :appl:

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
I SO love how this diamond has been passed down in your family for generations, thanks for sharing! We don't really have any jewelry heirlooms in my family, so I'll just put myself in your shoes for a few minutes and relish what I think it would feel like :D . Huge congrats! The ring, actually the ring AND band, are so beautiful. Wear it in good health!

IreneVet

Rough_Rock
So, unfortunately, as these things sometimes tend to go, the wedding never did actually happen. Months after the break-up occurred, I know for certain it's for the better and I'm happy to have learned that before the wedding rather than after. I guess some of his secrets were bound to surface at some point. Don't worry, though, fellow PSers, I have a lot to stay positive about! =)

I have the engagement ring and wedding band, and figured this community might be a good place to see if anyone is, or knows anyone else who is, interested in purchasing the wedding band and engagement ring (setting only!) The center stone is an heirloom, and I can't imagine parting with that. I've put up an ad on eBay for both rings for $1,850 but am willing to hear other reasonable offers. You can see it here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111362603890?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Any leads are appreciated! Thank you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear your story Irenevet. As you said: it's better to learn about someone's secrets or darker sides before the marriage, rather then after. It must be a difficult phase for you though. All the best.

Most PSers post items to sell on Loupetrooo or Diamond Bistro and then post in the 'preloved' section of PS. Have a look over there for examples.

Good luck with selling your set and I am sure you will find a lovely ring or pendant setting for your heirloom stone.

IreneVet

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I posted to pre-loved...and I'll look into the others!

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating IreneVet, this piece has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 9.15.22

We are sorry to hear that the wedding didn't happy but appreciate your taste in jewelry!

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating IreneVet, this piece has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 9.15.22

We are sorry to hear that the wedding didn't happy but appreciate your taste in jewelry!

We are sorry to hear that the wedding didn't HAPPEN but appreciate your taste in jewelry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results