shape
carat
color
clarity

Newly Engaged - Jaffe Ring Pics and Story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kath

Rough_Rock
Here's the story, follwed by ring pics!!!!!!

First let me say that his top goal in the proposal was to catch me completely off guard, which is perfect since I've never been fully surprised before - and he sure got me tonight!

We invited our good friends from college to dinner this weekend, as they are moving to Alabama next week. We were pretty sure that they would get engaged this weekend, since it was their last weekend in our college town, and sure enough they called on Friday night annoucing the news. I was hoping for a proposal all weekend (and the weekend before, and the weekend before...), so it was going to be tough to celebrate their engagement since we were still just boyfriend and girlfriend ourselves.

Soooooo a few weeks ago my boyfriend lost his college class ring at our college and someone found it in a parking lot and gave it to our friends to bring to him. So we were all greeting each other and congratulating our friends on their engagement, when my friend handed my boyfriend his class ring back. A few seconds later he said:

"Well, I guess we all have our rings now."

Well I thought that was so obnoxious to say since I was obviously sensitive to the subject and turned to him and said:

"Well we don't all have rings" - but sure enough, he was on one knee with the ring in the air.

I. was. completely. shocked.

His speech was adorable - about how he never realized what it meant to have your girlfriend be your best friend until me, etc. etc. and asked me to marry him. I said "of course."

The ring is perfect! He actually wouldn't have had it tonight if he hadn't had called the store to see if it had arrived yet. It took 3 or so weeks to come in from Jaffe, so my worries were put aside that it would take a very long time.

It's so cute - he's just beside himself that he caught me off guard, which was his only goal in the whole ordeal. It fits our personalities so well that he "got me" with the proposal. He knew too well that if we were in a romantic setting I would've put 2 and 2 together to figure it out, so it was great that he caught me by surprise and that we were with our good friends when it happened.

The ring is A. Jaffe setting - the classic not the squared shank. I'm definitely going to get the matching wedding band. My ring size is a 4.5. The diamond is an Ideal cut, .41 carats, F, VS1 - perfect for my tiny hands!

Engagement 004 cropped.jpg

Kath

Rough_Rock
Another hand shot...

Engagement 009 resized.jpg

Kath

Rough_Rock
Furry masculine hands!

Engagement 022 resized.jpg

Kath

Rough_Rock
The cutest box!

Engagement 049 resized.jpg

hilbake

Rough_Rock
I love it!
Congratulations!
36.gif

Kath

Rough_Rock
Whole hand...

Engagement 001 resized.jpg

Kath

Rough_Rock
And finally....

Engagement 005 resized.jpg

alyson423

Rough_Rock
What a great story, and a BEEEAAUUUUTIFUL ring!! Looks like it was worth the wait!
1.gif

Enjoy this time- I loved when we were just engaged, and being able to tell friends and family.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--congrats!!
30.gif

chers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww...great proposal story and beautiful ring!!!! Congratulations!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous! It looks beautiful on your hands. And what a beautiful box. Congrats on your engagement!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Now, THATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT is a terrific proposal story!!!!

Enjoy being newly engaged! And the ring is very pretty! I second the idea of getting a matching band!!!!!! Congrats
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love that AJ setting, the ring looks divine!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! I love your ring, it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Your ring is sooo pretty!!
2.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Kath, what a great proposal story!! I love it. And your ring is absolutely fabulous, I love it too. Congratulations to you both.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Great story and beautiful ring! It looks so white and sparkly.
21.gif

Sunnygal

Rough_Rock
great proposal story! Your ring is beautiful
Congratulations!!!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Great story and the ring looks perfect!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on getting your engagement ring - it is really pretty!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I''m a big fan of A. Jaffe rings...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story, and what a lovely ring! Congratulations, the ring looks stunning on your hand.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Oh....!!!! Your new engagement ring is just perfect!!
It looks so nice on you!
congratulations

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kath, I just remembered why your name is familiar! You''re in the Charlotte area! I am sorry you didn''t see the post where we decided to go to lunch and Southpark a couple of weeks ago! Tacori E-ring and I met for lunch and went to Tiffany''s and Christian Bernard...just to LOOK, of course! We ran out of time and did not get to go to Diamonds Direct that day, though. Isn''t that where you found your setting?

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Kath, your ring looks beautiful! What a great proposal story, can''t wait to see pics later on with the matching band!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Lovely story and GORGEOUS, classic, blingy ring!~!!!!!!

(And I have to admit my curiosity is piqued.....seeing the grass and bricks in the background and knowing that you''re in college in the Charlotte area, I have to wonder if you''re at my alma mater?? Starts with a D and populated by wildcats?
2.gif
)

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!
Congratulations!
36.gif

Kath

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

Blueroses - you got it!! I graduated last year (''05). Good guess on the red brick, but the pics were actually taken at my apartment''s pool (in South Charlotte).

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Too funny, Kath! (I''m class of ''96.) I just had a feeling for whatever reason....even though that wasn''t on campus after all!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement again (and on graduating last year!) We love ring pics....keep ''em coming
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results