shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie looking for help with sapphire e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rizajj

Rough_Rock
When I said "new direction", I really just meant new color direction. I want to stick with sapphire because it''s her birthstone.

But mercoledi, the Gemrite stone you linked is really beautiful. Do you (or anyone else) have experience buying from them?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t, but others here have. Check out this thread by Lauren. Also abuse the search box.
34.gif

I don''t recall any bad interactions off hand, but memories aren''t perfect!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t bought from GemRite, but I think I was among the first to link to his site from PS. I have emailed John B (the owner) A LOT, and he''s a super nice guy. He actually found PS when I was searching for an ering stone, and he''s been a contributor occasionally since then. A few others have bought from him and have been pleased.

I''d abuse the search box too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have purchased from GemRite. Great vendor. Beautiful stones.

Rizajj

Rough_Rock
Okay everyone, I''ve got it down to two.

I''ve eliminated the stones over $2k in price, as i realized I really want something over 1.7ct or so, and I don''t feel the NSC stones (as beautiful as they were) were worth it.

So now I''m down to these two "unusual" stones:

Montana Sapphire

Umba Valley Sapphire

Assuming they will go in a white gold, simple 3 stone setting (no pave or anything like that), what do you think I should go for? I feel like I''m getting a better value with the Umba Valley stone, as it is larger (2.59ct) and of the color changers I''ve seen thus far, none have appealed to me except this one. But I''m worried it will appear too dark. And in regards to the Montana, since I can''t see it against skin, I think it might be more green than I would like. What do you all think?

I would like to note, also, that both Ed and John (from Wildfish and Gemrite, respectively) have been EXTREMELY kind and helpful with this process. As have Jeff White, Dan Stairs, Richard Homer, and everyone else I have been in contact with. It''s really nice to know how helpful and open to newcomers this community is. I really really appreciate it and hope to return the favor one way or another to someone down the road!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''d incline towards the Montana sapphire, since I think it''s gorgeous. Can you ask Ed to take a picture of it on the back of his hand?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I would also lean toward the montana, but I''d ask for a shot on a different background to better gauge the color. Do Barry or Precision cut have anything int he works that might be exactly what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results