shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie + Awkward

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chinglish

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I''ve joined mainly because I find the quality of the wedding forum so much better than the other ones I frequent!
I''ve just started posting randomly and realized I should really introduce myself!

I''m from Toronto, engaged since May - wedding will be next August!
Someone asked to see my ring - and I just wanted to say this before posting: I have very little knowledge about diamonds, rings , jewelry etc.!!
I think it may be because I have a very small retainer for numbers, charts, details like that. But I love looking at the pictures though!

I didn''t even expect a ring from my FI, I ''ve always told him I didn''t want anyone spending such inexorbant amount on a piece of jewelry. But of course, now that i have one, I''m in love with it.

I''ve always been shy to ''show off'' the ring. but here it is. It fits me perfectly, simple and natural without any embellishments
I just feel awkward showing it when there''s so many amazing beautiful pieces out there - I never knew there were so many different and unique designs!

And of course I don''t remember the exact specs! I might check tonight when FI returns home from trip.
I know its platinum band, Canadian diamond, four prong, made by local designer here Linda Penwarden.

chinglish

Rough_Rock
Just figuring out how to upload images!

gering.jpg

chinglish

Rough_Rock
We took these after our Spain trip where he proposed to me. I should do some better ones up close .

gering2.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Chinglish!!

Congrats on your engagement - and take comfort in knowing that there are lots of us Torontonians here! (Me included)
The BIW forum is fantastic and I guarantee that you''ll be addicted in no time. Be warned!
31.gif
31.gif

Welcome to PS!
35.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is elegant, classic, and beautiful - and what lovely photos! Welcome to the board ....

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Your ring is beautiful! Very classic...congrats on your engagment. I agree, the BIW board is awesome! I'm still a LIW and I love reading all the posts over there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats; lovely ring!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo! Got engaged in Spain!! Cool!

WELCOME!!
35.gif
Nice to met you!

Please give us more photos of your beautiful classic!

DKS

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Lovely and classic. Welcome to pricescope, I''m sure you''ll find it a friendly place.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! And your ring is lovely and elegant - a classic design with that little twist - North/South/East/West prongs! It looks so pretty on your finger...enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! Your ring is beautiful!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic! I just love it! You''ve come to the right place for bling pride!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 3:35:22 PM
Author: chinglish
Just figuring out how to upload images!
Your ring is beautiful, and this picture looks like a jewellery ad!

Welcome to PS
35.gif

chinglish

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
35.gif

I''m already addicted!
I will try to post more pictures soon

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
I really do love your first photo!!

Your ring is lovely, its refreshing to see the prongs set like that, very unique!!

The BWW section is awesome, the girls there really are great!

Welcome!

35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, your ring is beautiful!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
chinglish - your ering is perfect. So dainty and gorgeous, just what I love!!! Do you have specs, ring size and band width? I want to go for the same look - simple yet stunning!!
18.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely fabulous! You've found a place where you can show off your ring without feeling silly or shy...PSers certainly love sparklies and are always game for looking at all the pictures you want to share! Oh, and it's a really nice place too!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Solitaires are the best! And, I think that your prong setting is perfect. Of course, my first engagement ring was a solitaire with the same prong arrangement. It was unusual back in 1975 as well, and I loved it.

Congratulations on your engagement and happy wedding planning!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, and WELCOME! Chinglish, you''ve come to the right place to talk about/post pics of/get feedback on your ring! It''s gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement, and so happy to have you join the PS family!

Now...we''ve got to talk about getting some macro shots of this beautiful stone and setting...lol! Feel free to post more pics, anytime, all the time...we psr''s can''t get enough visual eye-candy and don''t discriminate about size, etc. So post away...we''d love to see more!

35.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooo, it''s beautiful. there is something very captivating about your ring on your hand, it''s just lovely!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 10:50:30 AM
Author: rainydaze
oooooo, it''s beautiful. there is something very captivating about your ring on your hand, it''s just lovely!
I agree. It''s just perfect!

Congrats!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. It is timeless and a classic. When I first got engaged, I would talk more with my hands, making sure everyone would get a look at it. Wear that baby with pride.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I love the simple, 4 prong setting. Very classic & classy. Welcome!!!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, lovely ring!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi chinglish!
35.gif
I''ve loved some of your posts, so thanks for introducing yourself further!

Congrats on your engagement, and how exciting to get engaged in Spain!

Your ring is gorgeous...thanks for sharing!
36.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this - but I wanted to say how perfectly simple and elegant your ring looks. I would love more pics and more info!

Thanks for sharing,

a

designdreamr

Rough_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful- classic and sparkly!
36.gif

I''m new here, too, and just finding my way around, but I''m addicted!
41.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS and congrats on your engagement!
Your ring is beautiful and looks perfect on your hand. Please post more pics.
21.gif

loser.gif
L's for love.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!
35.gif

Beautiful ring and pictures! Congrats on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results