shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding set: Van Craeynest 812 + Leon Mege r835

luckky

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1329355437|3127079 said:
Your set is EXQUISITE!!! :love: :cheeky: :appl: ('nuff said!)

Yes, and so classy really love the way you stacking them with the band that is my fav way :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks everybody for all the kind comments! I'm so glad you like the revamped set!
I feel like my diamond is so modest by the blingy PS standards, so thank you for all the compliments. :)

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
Aw, thanks everybody for all the kind comments! I'm so glad you like the revamped set!
I feel like my diamond is so modest by the blingy PS standards, so thank you for all the compliments. :)

You have excellent taste, no matter the diamond carat!!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is fantastic. You are sooo right that both pieces have amazing craftmanship. I love them together. They really compliment each other. :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous set! I like how your current spacer works, I think it looks beautiful! :love: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The LM band looks stunning with your ering!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesilk|1329377698|3127276 said:
MakingTheGrade said:

You have excellent taste, no matter the diamond carat!!!

Aw, thanks! I think it's just the right size for me. :)
Ok..well..maybe I wouldn't object to it magically growing a smidgen bigger, haha. Though honestly, I don't think my setting could accommodate anything much bigger comfortably, and I like the overall delicate and sweet look of the set.

Hopefully I'm getting my pendant set at the jewelers today. So I might have more pics of goodies soon. :)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like your compliment of his taste,lol! Awesome combination, you must be thrilled! Congrats!! :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1329407290|3127374 said:
I like your compliment of his taste,lol! Awesome combination, you must be thrilled! Congrats!! :appl:
My hubby is a doll but his relentless sense of engineer logic doesn't always translate well into the jewelry world. One of the reasons he gave me about why he chose that particular solitaire setting was "it looked sturdy ". Lol.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
MTG your set is fabulous :) I love that Van Craeynest setting and your new band looks great with it!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
MTG: I really love your set! Van Craeynest makes some really timeless, unique pieces. Thanks for sharing!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, now this might sound crazy, but I've been thinking about a thin black titanium spacer. I think it'd be kind of quirky and very me, heh.
Would that be safe to do for the platinum?
Is that a totally wonky idea?

I took some pics of what it might look like using my ear bud wire, heh.

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
MTG---I am really loving you new band, it is fabulous!!! Looks great with the VC :) I am unsure how the titanium and platinum would hold up together, but you could consider a band with black rhodium plating as a spacer as well!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi MTG,
You are just having so much fun with that LM band ,aren't you? I knew that I'd passed it on to the right new owner! It looks wonderful with your e-ring and spacer band. About the cleaning, I wouldn't use an ultrasonic with pave'. I always gave it a brief,gentle soaking in a few drops of Dawn mixed with water, and a bit of a brushing with a very soft tooth brush, then rinse and dry with a soft,lint free cloth. Hope that helps!
J.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so people are probably going to change their mind about my having good taste, but there's something about the blue titanium that sort of makes me want to get it..

In my defense, I'm a bit of punk rocker at heart, I used to have hair this color in high school...

bluetitan.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
onedrop|1329417019|3127457 said:
MTG: I really love your set! Van Craeynest makes some really timeless, unique pieces. Thanks for sharing!!

Yeah...now I feel like I should have kids so that I have someone to pass it onto! Although, they'd have to wear the same size as me since neither ring is really sizeable...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Titanium has a higher MOHS than platinum and gold, and the harder metal eats the softer, so noooooo titamium with your amazing gold and plat pieces!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1329452572|3127933 said:
Titanium has a higher MOHS than platinum and gold, and the harder metal eats the softer, so noooooo titamium with your amazing gold and plat pieces!!

D'oh!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a photo of my previous set for reference. A solitaire with a 3mm mokume band. I think the diamond looked bigger then, but I like how delicate it looks now.

file.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1329453391|3127942 said:
Dreamer_D|1329452572|3127933 said:

D'oh!

;))

But I do really like the proportions and height of the black band. But girl, don't add crazy wacky colors! You don't want to distract from the diamond and the subtle details. Well, maybe you do, but I think simple is better. A twist band would be nice, would add another type of texture.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, stick with the set and don't add the colored plain band. It's too much of a contrast. All I see is the black when I look at the newest pictures. If you want funky, do it on a RHR. Or if you are dying for some color, do a more subtle diamond/color band.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. I'm not sure what I'll do about the spacer but I have time. links and suggestions welcome though!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I finally managed to stop by the jewelers today to get the former VC diamond set and to get a ring resized which I got on Christmas. Haha.

The diamond that was originally in the Van Craeynest was a .72ct G, AGS0, Lazare Kaplan branded diamond. I had it set in a standard stuller style bezel since I wanted something simple and sturdy (I tend to sleep with my pendant on because I forget to take it off...and I'm lazy) and didn't flip. I also got my OEC ring sized, I love the cut of it and how warm and pink the rose gold is.

Here were my phone pics afterwards since I am stills sans camera. I'll start a thread when I get better pics. :)

bez.JPG

bez2.JPG

bez3.JPG

bezme.JPG

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I commented on the VC and Leon rings on the VC thread, but I am glad I stopped in here to see more pics with the spacer and the new pendant! Love the pendant in the bezel setting! Your OEC ring is so pretty, too!

I agree with Dreamer that I like all three rings to appear the same height off the finger. Sometimes with rings that are less thick, you can go up a half size and then they are the right height! The problem is finding bands less than 2mm without having them custom made. I do like thin bands with milgrain edges, but the thinnest I have seen is 2mm. I think a thinner Victor engraved band of the right height would be very pretty, too.

Save the titanium bands to wear next to your mokume band!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. You have to love bezels for the size boost. It looks close to a carat now that it's set. It was hand bezelled so there are some small irregularities but nothing you'd note from a few inches away. I think the jeweler did a pretty good job. And for $230 for the bezel&chain and same day setting, I won't complain.

The only down side to this style is I can't easily see it myself! Guess I'll start carrying a mirror.

Alyeska

Rough_Rock
Both are very pretty! 8)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say, though the size of the diamond is modest, the detail and quality of the set makes me feel like royalty when I wear it. :)
It's like accessorizing with gorgeous pieces of art!
I kind of like feeling like a million bucks without it being too obviously blingy since I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable wearing 2-3ct rocks in the area where I work.
My hubby is happy that I'm not looking to upgrade the diamond, hehe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results