shape
carat
color
clarity

New stones on Dan''s site!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty selection, but I don''t see anything I can''t live without.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I''m looking for something a deeper color - red, pink, blue, green...so these do not fit.

That yellow tourmaline sure is cool, though!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a big lighter stones kick lately, so that lighter green tourmaline and the aqua are both calling to me
3.gif
uh-oh....

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
What is the site if I can ask?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, sorry -- http://www.customgemstones.com/

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

I think the new spinel is pretty but a bit too pale for me.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 1:55:35 AM
Author: Noahsmom
Thank you!

Just to let you know, Dan''s stones photograph some to much lighter than they are in real life. My spinel that was light to medium in pictures was actually a navy in person. Just something to keep in mind.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:00:34 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Thank you!

Just to let you know, Dan''s stones photograph some to much lighter than they are in real life. My spinel that was light to medium in pictures was actually a navy in person. Just something to keep in mind.

Thank you for the tip, it is something I will keep in mind! It is so hard to get a true telling of the color of a stone. It doesn''t help my monitor is kind dirty too.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:02:06 AM

Thank you!

Thank you for the tip, it is something I will keep in mind! It is so hard to get a true telling of the color of a stone. It doesn''t help my monitor is kind dirty too.

About this: Should we start a sticky where we post the vendor image then one or two representative IRL images of our stones? I think it would be really helpful to all of us when branching out into new vendors to have that kind of resource readily available instead of trying to search.

/end threadjack/

Dan''s new pinks are really pretty! And the opal has a movie. It would be nice if maybe more of the stones had movies.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of Dan''s new stones, did any see the giant pink tourmaline he cut the other day? He said it sold within an hour. I am hoping a ps''er got it so we can see pictures - it looked amazing.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of Dan''s new stones, did anyone see the giant pink tourmaline he cut the other day? He said it sold within an hour. I am hoping a ps''er got it so we can see pictures - it looked amazing.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes it was a beautiful purple pink. Wasn''t it just up yesterday? He seems to be cutting some more pink rough right now.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:08:08 AM
Author: NovemberBride
Speaking of Dan''s new stones, did anyone see the giant pink tourmaline he cut the other day? He said it sold within an hour. I am hoping a ps''er got it so we can see pictures - it looked amazing.

I was second in line for that (well in inquiries about the rough) so I''m guessing the first person got it. It looked gorgeous though - and HUGE

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:05:40 AM
Author: mercoledi

Thank you!

About this: Should we start a sticky where we post the vendor image then one or two representative IRL images of our stones? I think it would be really helpful to all of us when branching out into new vendors to have that kind of resource readily available instead of trying to search.

/end threadjack/

Dan''s new pinks are really pretty! And the opal has a movie. It would be nice if maybe more of the stones had movies.

I like that thread idea a LOT! It''s hard to keep track of what each vendor is like in regards to photos.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merco I think that is a great idea.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Okee dokie, I should be getting some sparklies this week, I''ll start it up! If it catches, then we can have it pinned. Ladies, start your collages! I don''t have the vendor pic for one of my stones, otherwise I''d try to get it together today.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so just any stones?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
oh no! i need to study!

but i know i''m going to end up making collages instead.
3.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I don't see why not, just index which is the vendor shot, and who the vendor is. I guess include the description if you, say, have a big spreadsheet of that info.

IE green tourmaline from ebay seller gemdd, estimated at ~40 points. Color is very similar and stone is brilliant, but windowed. Would consider buying from again. Last image is vendor image.

merctourm.jpg
merctourm4.jpg

07l443.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 3:09:16 PM
I don''t see why not, just index which is the vendor shot, and who the vendor is. I guess include the description if you, say, have a big spreadsheet of that info.

IE green tourmaline from ebay seller gemdd, estimated at ~40 points. Color is very similar and stone is brilliant, but windowed. Would consider buying from again. Last image is vendor image.

merctourm.jpg
merctourm4.jpg
That is a lovely combo :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already made a collage.
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I have a few too
9.gif
(obviously)

Sadly I don't have my vendor pic for my tourm
7.gif
, only for my spinel. Oh well. If you're all set, feel free to start the thread yourself!

Thanks SCN, sadly the two little guys are chipped.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I only have two collages so far, and something goofy like 12 stones from online vendors...soooo...not for a while if at all today. We shall see.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 3:25:46 PM
I have a few too
9.gif
(obviously)

Sadly I don''t have my vendor pic for my tourm
7.gif
, only for my spinel. Oh well. If you''re all set, feel free to start the thread yourself!

Thanks SCN, sadly the two little guys are chipped.

That''s too bad about the chipped stones!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
at the expense of learning about self-dealing transactions, whenever you guys are ready, I''m ready to post my collages - and warning, there are a LOT
3.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Dan Stair blue spinel, shifts to pink, more saturated than pictured.

GAH@!!! wrong thread. Sorry!

mercspinelmontage.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

Just to let you know, Dan's stones photograph some to much lighter than they are in real life. My spinel that was light to medium in pictures was actually a navy in person. Just something to keep in mind.

Thank you for the tip, it is something I will keep in mind! It is so hard to get a true telling of the color of a stone. It doesn't help my monitor is kind dirty too.
I love the blue spinel...too bad I would be #6 in line. Chances of getting it are minimal. Someone please make me feel better about this
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which blue omie? Octagon or round?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results