color
clarity

New setting for 1.5 round cut

zoli_m

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone!

First time poster :oops:
I have a round cut 1.5 stone with 2 bands of 9 x 0.8 diamonds. The bands don't fit the solitaire, so I need to come up with a new idea for setting :think: I have fairly big knuckles, so I feel I need a lot of "ring", otherwise it disappears on my finger. I'll let you guys be the judge :lol-2: received_10155593739247309.jpeg received_10155690459152309.jpeg
I was thinking changing the round stones for a band with baguettes, but I'm not entirely sure. Is it a shame to but baguettes or pear as sidestones?

I will post my rings, bad photo but anyway.
Please post your rings for some inspo

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
Doesn’t it look spot on with just one band?

I haven’t got a ring to photograph yet, but pear or baguette side stones make for a very classy ring.

My ring was a solitaire but it looked a bit lonely so we got an elaborate setting. That proved a bit much after a couple of years so the plan is to have pear sides next.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't do stones on the band of your engagement ring... it will make your diamond appear smaller. I'd leave it alone to POP in all of its solitaire glory. ;-)

I think wearing just one of those bands would look super classy and timeless. But if you wanted to bling it up, I would stack another thin ring with them... one that had an interested shape and/or negative space.

Here is an example of what I mean... notice how they don't just blend together.

CVB Soli Stack_collage1.jpg

Hope that helps.

zoli_m

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you for your replies:pray: I was thinking something along the lines of what @msop04 posted. Maybe change the setting of one of my current bands and another another band with different cut. Maybe ashcer or baguette? The basket in my solitaire ring is rubbing on the other band. Any experience in putting a diamond this size in a bezel setting? Or will it take away the sparkle?

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't do stones on the band of your engagement ring... it will make your diamond appear smaller. I'd leave it alone to POP in all of its solitaire glory. ;-)

I think wearing just one of those bands would look super classy and timeless. But if you wanted to bling it up, I would stack another thin ring with them... one that had an interested shape and/or negative space.

Here is an example of what I mean... notice how they don't just blend together.

CVB Soli Stack_collage1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Holy shit, that rock is MASSIVE.

can you share the hard numbers/stats?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy shit, that rock is MASSIVE.

can you share the hard numbers/stats?

LOL ...sure! And thank you!

It’s a GIA XXX, 3.33 ct I/SI2, 9.8 mm
Size 4.75 finger.

As far as specs, here ya go:
025AC898-028E-4F61-BCF2-A5E6A657535F.jpeg

But if you REALLY want to be wowed, just look around PS for a while... there are some absolute BEASTS on display!:kiss2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your replies:pray: I was thinking something along the lines of what @msop04 posted. Maybe change the setting of one of my current bands and another another band with different cut. Maybe ashcer or baguette? The basket in my solitaire ring is rubbing on the other band. Any experience in putting a diamond this size in a bezel setting? Or will it take away the sparkle?

I don’t think you need to do a bezel setting to keep them from rubbing (unless you like the look, which is a different story). All you need is a very thin band or spacer. Although I have a bezeled wedding band, I actually prefer to wear my knife edge between it and my ering, because it allows each ring to be noticed. If you like the look of a bezel, then go for it! It’ll certainly make it look larger. You could even do a faux bezel or airline halo... which I absolutely LOVE.

Here’s what I mean with my knife edge band. I don’t think this little eternity would hurt my ering, but the plain band works as a spacer so I can see each ring.
B9638187-1D30-424E-B944-6D6DDBF060A4.jpeg

Now this larger eternity would definitely eat into my ering, but the small gold band protects it. I usually don’t wear this, it’s just an example. LOL
4D438254-1D91-45A5-B2E7-52267FB4C694.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results