shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ring Shots...(a.k.a. Who knew taking pics wasn''t so hard!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t reply to my old thread, so here are some new shots of my e-ring and wedding ring plus some shots of what has become my RHR. The diamonds were my great grandmother''s earrings that she had placed in this setting. The ring is over 100 years old which makes the craftsmanship really interesting. One of the diamonds has a black inclusion that is visable to the naked eye, but it''s sentimental value far surpasses that little black spot.

A not so detailed shot, but I think it''s really pretty. Our Birds of Paradise are blooming!

Rings 020.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And both rings with a white rose in our yard.

RingsCloseUpKH.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And just another on our bedroom dresser shot...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And just anon our bedroom dresser shot...

RingsonWood.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And now for my Grammy''s ring...

GrammysRing.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And a pretty flower shot.

GrammysRingwRose.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And last, but not least, a side shot of my great-great-Grandmother''s ring, because the detail is amazing for being such an antique! I had to have the underside (I don''t know the technical term) built up as it was getting a bit thin, and the jeweler who did so was stunned by the craftsmenship and design. It''s such a great piece, I just love it. I''m guessing the stones are about .2 carats a piece.

GrammysRingSide.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Great pics!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really really love your set. I like how you have rounds and baguettes alternating. Very pretty. And your great great grandmas ring is such a treasure. How nice you have something passed down from generations. I have only seen 1 other ring that held 2 stones in it. The lady said it was bought at an antique store. Very interesting settings. Keep that beautiful treasure and pass it down to your daughter or son.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pics!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 10:38:52 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
I really really love your set. I like how you have rounds and baguettes alternating. Very pretty. And your great great grandmas ring is such a treasure. How nice you have something passed down from generations. I have only seen 1 other ring that held 2 stones in it. The lady said it was bought at an antique store. Very interesting settings. Keep that beautiful treasure and pass it down to your daughter or son.
36.gif
I''d be in so much trouble if anything ever happened to that ring, GothGirl. I''m actually so thrilled I got good shots of it as when I had the band built up the jeweler informed me that at a certain point reputable jewelers won''t work on antique pieces for fear of damage and that he was amazing by the construction. I just adore that ring and the sentiment behind it. When I start longing for an eternity band RHR I look down at my hand and change my mind.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings
30.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, ever-so-sweet-Skippy and rising sun. I''ve a renewed love for them over the past few months!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for humoring me. Gorgeous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Kimberly!!! I love your wedding set, it''s just gorgeous!!!! And your Grammy''s ring is sooo beautiful.
30.gif
I can tell it means the wold to you.
12.gif
You take awesome pics, so keep''em coming!!! Flowers aren''t blooming here yet, you are giving me my spring fix!!!!
3.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding set is intricate and delicate...the craftsmanship on your set is clearly top-notch! I love the design.
30.gif
And your grammy''s ring, well, I adore anything vintage and that ring is truly priceless. Just gorgeous!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your wedding set! I''m so into the round/baguette combo! I''ve been thinking about doing a channel set or maybe bezel set baguette-round eternity band for my wedding band if it looks okay with my e-ring. Is your set full or 3/4 eternity? I couldn''t tell from the pictures. I also really like how your ring has 3 rounds and one baguette as opposed to the usual one round-one baguette alternating.

Do you mind sharing who made your set? And do you have any idea about how many mm''s wide and tall your w-band is? Or how big the rounds and baguettes are? Sorry to grill you! (Can you tell I really do want a band just like yours?!)

I also love your heirloom ring. It''s so gorgeous and intricate! And I''m loving the yellow gold...yellow gold and diamonds seems so fresh and new now that everyone has white gold or platinum, you know?
3.gif

It''s too easy to get DSS around this place! I just got engaged with a 1.5 carat radiant in a halo and everyone who sees it tells me it''s HUGE. But I''m like...everyone gets 3 carats, right?! Why can''t I have a 3 carat diamond? When in all honesty I don''t think I could ever even bring myself (or my boyfriend) to drop the cash for a 3 carater, no matter how much money we were making!

Anyway, glad you shared more pics, I really love your set and your heirloom ring!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Three beautiful rings! I love the photo of your set on the bird of paradise plant. That''s funny!

Who made your wedding set? It''s really, really lovely. Haven''t seen one like that.

Your greatgrandma''s ring is beautiful. I wish I had my great grandmother''s rings. I don''t even know what she had, but I would certainly treasure them if I were lucky enuf to have them. So, you are indeed fortunate to have that ring. It''s quite priceless.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Your wedding set is beautiful, very unique and pretty. The center diamond looks really white. As for your grandmother''s ring, how wonderful to know it''s yours. The birthmark of a diamond is nothing, the sentimentality of it all means so much more. Thanks for sharing.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I love both. I love variety in shapes- kind of like a flower garden that keeps you endlessly entertained, I think. Your grandmother''s ring is a stellar piece of craftsmanship.

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful set!! And I love your family ring. Those are so special!!!

Congrats.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your grammy''s ring is so unique Kim, a lovely keepsake!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rings are beautiful and I too love your grammy''s ring..gorgeous..

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love your wedding set!! I really like the baguettes mixed in with the rounds and your center stone really pops. Hmmm, gorgeous. And then you show us your G-Grandmother''s ring which is exquisite. How special is that to have such a family heirloom!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks for all of the kind compliments: BlingDiva, Lisa, KristyDarling, thing2of2, SDL, Beacon, MiniMouse, justjulia, ringplease, Ellen, mrssalvo and Michelle! What a nice way to start my day!

I misspoke about the antique, it's actually my mom's great grandmother's ring, which would make it my great-great-Grandmother's ring.

Lisa, we have a jungle growing in our entryway, lots of wild flowers and flowers that don't need a lot of attention, that were planted by the woman who owned the house before us. She wasn't big on the outdoors so she had landscapers plant things that wouldn't require a lot of attention and they did a fantastic job! I'll have to head outside today and see if there are any other beautiful flowers that need to play with my ring.

thing2of2, we purchased my ring at Diamonds Chicago. Here's a link to their website: http://www.diamonds-chicago.com/. My e-ring is 1/2 eternity, my wedding ring is 3/4 eternity. We purchased them seperately from the same place,my rings aren't sold as a set. We went in with the intention of having them make a matching wedding ring, but they had mine on the floor and it would have cost more to have it made, with less diamonds, so we went for that one. Perhaps one day I'll have my e-ring turned into a 3/4 eternity as well, but it really doesn't bother me, so I'm not so sure I would chose to spend diamond funds that way. I am going to have it changed from a 6 prong to a 4 prong (that was my Valentine's Day present that I haven't gotten around to arranging). I really liked the SA who helped us, I was not so fond of what appeared to be the owner/manager. He was very defensive when we went back to purchase my wedding ring and asked him to look at the prongs on my ering as they seemed off-set to me. He claimed they weren't, but they were and I had another jeweer fix the issue. That experience rubbed me the wrong way. I will go back as I want a third band, identical to my wedding band.

I don't have the stats on my stones (they're in a safe deposit box), but here's what I (think I) remember:

Center Stone: F, VS11.

Side stones: G-H color SI1.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the information! It really is a beautiful set!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very individual and very well done, Kimberly! Great taste!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results