shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring from Inken Krause (Enhoerning Jewelry)!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Wow so vibrant!! This has me dreaming of purple garnet and yellow diamond emerald cuts in a moi et toi galore. :lickout:

Wow...I love purple garnets...using FYDs combined with fine workmanship knocks it out of the park.

I'm thrilled you think so; thank you!!
bananamoonwalk.gif

I've been to NY a couple of decades ago, but nowhere else. Would love to visit a number of places in US - such a big country with so many interesting places!

UK is great if you like historic things and in London, many or most large museums are free:

Including the V&A with its jewellery collection:

Then there's the jewellery district and the Grays antique gallery!

Oh yes, I love anything having to do with antiquity! Thank you so much for the article on London museums and galleries. I'd also love to visit the castles! That's something we definitely do not have here... mansions - maybe, castles - nope.
queenemot.gif

Sorry about that! Antony is with The Rare Gemstone Company. Here is their site. They are one of my very favorite vendors, but mostly carry African gems, as they operate at the source (based in Kenya). They can pretty much find you anything, and have more stock than what is listed.

Clusters are probably my favorite ring design as well! I try to mix it up a little, but my instinct is always to go with a cluster/chunky halo!!

@Autumn in New England May I ask how long the process of finding the stones and creating the setting took with Inken?

Hi! I'd say, from start-to-finish, the production itself is usually around 4-6 weeks. It can also take a bit longer, depending on the complexity of the project, if you make any changes to the CAD, or if any accent stones are particularly difficult to source, etc. But the designs of my pieces are usually pretty simple/traditional, as you can see. Inken will cast certain items, but also specializes in hand-forged pieces. :)

With regard to finding your main stone, that can vary quite a bit. Some stones Inken has in stock, some she will have to locate through her NYC gem district connections, and other requests she'd have to hunt down at trade shows, buying trips, and the like.

Are you thinking of commissioning a piece with Enhoerning? If so, I'd love to hear all about it. :appl:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, I love anything having to do with antiquity! Thank you so much for the article on London museums and galleries. I'd also love to visit the castles! That's something we definitely do not have here... mansions - maybe, castles - nope.
queenemot.gif

Sorry about that! Antony is with The Rare Gemstone Company. Here is their site. They are one of my very favorite vendors, but mostly carry African gems, as they operate at the source (based in Kenya). They can pretty much find you anything, and have more stock than what is listed.

Clusters are probably my favorite ring design as well! I try to mix it up a little, but my instinct is always to go with a cluster/chunky halo!!

Yes I was also about to say castles but wasn't sure if you were into them. Hampton Court Palace is also interesting (though it's not a castle). Thanks for the link, will have a look!

Funny how much I love clusters/halos now - before I got into buying fine jewellery, I never used to like them, but now I can't get enough of them.

viridian

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is such a gorgeous purple garnet and the trilogy ring design really compliments it! Looks absolutely stunning on your finger :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Late to the thread, but kudos on that garnet! It looks the deepest shade of regal purple, and the yellow diamonds add to the regal aesthetic. Bravo! Wonderful job @Autumn in New England and Enhoerning Jewelry!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Purple garnets are my favorite and yours is an absolute stunner!!:love:
I love your ring! :love: It looks gorgeous on your hand!

Wow, this is such a gorgeous purple garnet and the trilogy ring design really compliments it! Looks absolutely stunning on your finger :)

Thank you! I'm glad I went with a 3-stone design!! My instinct is always to do a halo or cluster. :shifty:

Late to the thread, but kudos on that garnet! It looks the deepest shade of regal purple, and the yellow diamonds add to the regal aesthetic. Bravo! Wonderful job @Autumn in New England and Enhoerning Jewelry!

I know you love bold color combos, also, voce!

Purple garnets are my favorite and yours is an absolute stunner!!:love:
I love your ring! :love: It looks gorgeous on your hand!

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback! You know which stone is on my short list of wants right now? Masasi blue garnet. I just can't find the quality I'm looking for... they're either too dark, badly cut, or have an unattractive color change. Anyway, yes, I love the purple and blue garnets!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love your purple Garnet and your new ring! A beautiful, beautiful piece of jewelry! I am so happy to have found this website There will never be enough time to learn it all or see it all. Eye candy overload!

I absolutely love your purple Garnet and your new ring! A beautiful, beautiful piece of jewelry! I am so happy to have found this website There will never be enough time to learn it all or see it all. Eye candy overload!

Never any shortage of pretties for us to feast our eyes upon, that's for sure! Thank you!!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
We have such an encouraging, supportive community here... I love it! Thank you!!

Well hello there, my friend! I'm thrilled you like it!! So, actually, it's the opposite. I think, for the foreseeable future, I'm done purchasing main/focal stones. I just bought my first home (all by myself, like the song, lol, and with cash), so you know how that goes. I thought it was a good time to start setting and enjoying what I have, which is just as much fun, but kinder to my pocketbook. Honestly, if I could, I'd have Inken set every single one. But she has an understandable policy about not working with melee purchased elsewhere (for quality control and liability purposes). So I'm working with David Klass for the first time on my next piece. He definitely has a very different process, but so far, so good! How have you been? I hope you're enjoying your summer!!
flowers%20to%20you.gif

You have excellent taste! I love this ring. How does the cost compare between DK and Inken? I have only worked with DK and find him to be reasonable. Thanks.

You have excellent taste! I love this ring. How does the cost compare between DK and Inken? I have only worked with DK and find him to be reasonable. Thanks.

Aww thanks! So this is only my first project with David, but, yes, I'm finding him to be quite reasonable (surprisingly so). My guess is he focuses more on volume, which allows him to keep his prices affordable, and that's very cool. However, I also have no problem paying a bit extra for Inken's input in the creative and manufacturing process, exquisite attention to detail, and personalized approach. With David, I'm finding, it's not as much of a collaborative experience. You sort of just tell him what you want, and he makes it happen. And there's definitely merit in that, but I just really enjoy the back and forth with Inken. :D That being said, it's been a pleasure working with Amy (David's CAD designer). She's a sweetheart! I'm now waiting on the plastic model of the ring. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results