shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring from Inken Krause (Enhoerning Jewelry)!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I received the ring today and, my goodness, I'm at a loss for words. Even though the stones are vastly different hues, they both have a warm sparkle that compliments one another. It's difficult to explain. I tried to snap some quick pix as the sun was going down. They're terrible... I'm sorry. That's why I never share my own photos. :oops: I have the ring on my forefinger to try and show it off best. But I will wear it on my ring finger.

I neglected to clean a fingerprint off before this one. I'm hopeless!
download (13).jpg

Blurry as all get out...
download (10).jpg

In focus, but... you like my donut dress? lol
download (11).jpg

Table glare! The end.
download (12).jpg

Annnd they're still better than my pictures :lol:
I think it's smashing! Smashing, I say!
(hear that in Mr. Toad, will ya?)

Annnd they're still better than my pictures :lol:
I think it's smashing! Smashing, I say!
(hear that in Mr. Toad, will ya?)

lol As an aside, I'm sort of known for driving crazy. So my dad will always say "we're going on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride," when he drives with me. I miss that attraction in Disney!

That vivid purple is amazing…

I don't have much purple either, so this piece fills a nice void in my collection. Icy, it's a straight purple in daylight, but warms up a bit under incandescent with flashes of cranberry.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I don't have much purple either, so this piece fills a nice void in my collection. Icy, it's a straight purple in daylight, but warms up a bit under incandescent with flashes of cranberry.

Yes I think I know what you mean. I do have some smaller purple grape garnets from Mozambique and they are so lovely. Nothing ring sized unfortunately.

Aside from being on ban island, and erm already having a big ass purple garnet ring, you totally made me crave for a big vivid purple garnet. Must take deep breaths and control…

Yes I think I know what you mean. I do have some smaller purple grape garnets from Mozambique and they are so lovely. Nothing ring sized unfortunately.

Aside from being on ban island, and erm already having a big ass purple garnet ring, you totally made me crave for a big vivid purple garnet. Must take deep breaths and control…

Girl you have so many delectable pieces. Have you made any decisions on the ruby design?
player.gif

Really fun color combo. That purple is RICH and luscious!

I've always said that amethyst is my favorite purple gem (color-wise). But we know it lacks RI and dispersion. This garnet variety is a sparkly alternative, and it's still affordable (compared to sapphire, etc.). Of course, it has similar hardness to amethyst though (7-7.5), so it must be handled with greater care than sapphire. But I highly recommend it to any purple lovers... like this guy!

tumblr_m7tcl7gv9c1qhhrf5o4_400 (2).gif

I know but I love them all… :roll2:

I think I will mull over it when after I have the chance to play with the ruby. So far it’s been with my jeweler/at gem lab.

Lucky... I want to play too!
trampo.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh the color of that garnet................. That is one seriously gorgeous ring!

Oh the color of that garnet................. That is one seriously gorgeous ring!

We have such an encouraging, supportive community here... I love it! Thank you!!

Stunning stone, beautiful ring! Love the proportions too :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

So @Autumn in New England, what's behind this sudden setting spree? Have you recently won the lottery? :D

Is the garnet ring designed as a pinky ring?

Well hello there, my friend! I'm thrilled you like it!! So, actually, it's the opposite. I think, for the foreseeable future, I'm done purchasing main/focal stones. I just bought my first home (all by myself, like the song, lol, and with cash), so you know how that goes. I thought it was a good time to start setting and enjoying what I have, which is just as much fun, but kinder to my pocketbook. Honestly, if I could, I'd have Inken set every single one. But she has an understandable policy about not working with melee purchased elsewhere (for quality control and liability purposes). So I'm working with David Klass for the first time on my next piece. He definitely has a very different process, but so far, so good! How have you been? I hope you're enjoying your summer!!
flowers%20to%20you.gif

Is the garnet ring designed as a pinky ring?

I wear my Native American and sterling rings pretty much on any of my 10 fingers, but for these types of pieces, I tend to only wear them on my right ring finger. I just put it on my forefinger to get a better shot... which was still a fail. :rolleyes:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color! It's just divine! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
We have such an encouraging, supportive community here... I love it! Thank you!!

Well hello there, my friend! I'm thrilled you like it!! So, actually, it's the opposite. I think, for the foreseeable future, I'm done purchasing main/focal stones. I just bought my first home (all by myself, like the song, lol, and with cash), so you know how that goes. I thought it was a good time to start setting and enjoying what I have, which is just as much fun, but kinder to my pocketbook. Honestly, if I could, I'd have Inken set every single one. But she has an understandable policy about not working with melee purchased elsewhere (for quality control and liability purposes). So I'm working with David Klass for the first time on my next piece. He definitely has a very different process, but so far, so good! How have you been? I hope you're enjoying your summer!!
flowers%20to%20you.gif

Congrats on the new home! Must bring you a piece of mind, particularly with no mortgage! Ah, I see, re: your reasons for setting them. I must say I'm quite impressed by both rings you had set - classic but bold (or with a twist).

I've never had a custom ring made so the process does sound exciting.

I'm fine, thank you for aksing. Here in the UK we've had a heatwave but it's much cooler now. I'm on a buying stop at the moment and am looking to part with a few items due to ridiculous hikes in energy bills + inflation...it's crazy. Was keen on buying a purple garnet from the same source but I guess that will be a distant future. I'm glad I finally got to see a picture of it. Not sure why you think it's a bad pic, I think it's fine. Would love to see the cranberry flashes in other lightings too. Nice rich purple, different to amethysts, more red to it I guess. Really beautiful.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my Native American and sterling rings pretty much on any of my 10 fingers, but for these types of pieces, I tend to only wear them on my right ring finger. I just put it on my forefinger to get a better shot... which was still a fail. :rolleyes:

Ok so it's not a pinky ring - was thinking an unusual design for a pinky ring :D

Native American rings - are they turquoise? I don't know much about them.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
The color combination of this ring is perfection! I also really like the proportions of the stones.

Congrats on the new home! Must bring you a piece of mind, particularly with no mortgage! Ah, I see, re: your reasons for setting them. I must say I'm quite impressed by both rings you had set - classic but bold (or with a twist).

I've never had a custom ring made so the process does sound exciting.

I'm fine, thank you for aksing. Here in the UK we've had a heatwave but it's much cooler now. I'm on a buying stop at the moment and am looking to part with a few items due to ridiculous hikes in energy bills + inflation...it's crazy. Was keen on buying a purple garnet from the same source but I guess that will be a distant future. I'm glad I finally got to see a picture of it. Not sure why you think it's a bad pic, I think it's fine. Would love to see the cranberry flashes in other lightings too. Nice rich purple, different to amethysts, more red to it I guess. Really beautiful.

Thank you! It's a relatively new house (I bought it from the builder), but there's always something that needs to be done and another unexpected cost.
blah.gif
I don't know how grown-ups do this. lol

Yes, this stone looks like a true purple until you put it against amethyst (which is much cooler). I especially love the Uruguayan amethyst that has the blues tones. Anyway, Inken's shots and vid show the more cranberry shift, but I am going to try to take extra pix or a vid to really highlight the difference. Here's a great article, though I recommend buying from Antony at TRGC instead.

I know when you're ready for your custom ring project, it will be a beauty. You have lovely taste!

Ok so it's not a pinky ring - was thinking an unusual design for a pinky ring :D

Native American rings - are they turquoise? I don't know much about them.

Oh yeah, they do love their turquoise! But the tribes use all sorts of stones, such as coral, variscite, charoite, spiny oyster, lapis, etc. Their pieces are how I first discovered my love of gems and jewels!! Have you ever visited the US, my friend? I have been to Europe, but never the UK, and it's at the very top of my list of where I'd like to head next. :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...I love purple garnets...using FYDs combined with fine workmanship knocks it out of the park.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It's a relatively new house (I bought it from the builder), but there's always something that needs to be done and another unexpected cost.
blah.gif
I don't know how grown-ups do this. lol

Yes, this stone looks like a true purple until you put it against amethyst (which is much cooler). I especially love the Uruguayan amethyst that has the blues tones. Anyway, Inken's shots and vid show the more cranberry shift, but I am going to try to take extra pix or a vid to really highlight the difference. Here's a great article, though I recommend buying from Antony at TRGC instead.

I know when you're ready for your custom ring project, it will be a beauty. You have lovely taste!

Yes I love those African amethysts with the cooler colours too - haven't been able to find them so often though. Yes do post more pics when you have time - I have seen photos that AJS sent me and they do seem to show colour change/shift but wanted to see yours too. Thanks for the tip re: TRGC - I can't find their website though - what does TRGC stand for?

I think a custom ring is somewhat in the distant future - I think I will difficulty deciding on the style, since I like a number of different types, though I highly suspect I will end up with a cluster of some sort :D

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, they do love their turquoise! But the tribes use all sorts of stones, such as coral, variscite, charoite, spiny oyster, lapis, etc. Their pieces are how I first discovered my love of gems and jewels!! Have you ever visited the US, my friend? I have been to Europe, but never the UK, and it's at the very top of my list of where I'd like to head next. :)

I've been to NY a couple of decades ago, but nowhere else. Would love to visit a number of places in US - such a big country with so many interesting places!

UK is great if you like historic things and in London, many or most large museums are free:

Including the V&A with its jewellery collection:

Then there's the jewellery district and the Grays antique gallery!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I am thinking I should pay a visit to the V&A soon - haven't been for many years and last time I was there didn't pay enough attention to the jewellery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results