shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring from Inken Krause (Enhoerning Jewelry)!

Hello friends,

I already posted this guy in the "rainbow" thread, but thought others might like to see him too. The purple garnet is 3.11ct. The FCDs are intense yellow... 1.01ctw. for the 2 emeralds and then .27ctw. for the rounds. The ring itself is 18kyg. Please allow me to brag for a minute - all I did was commission this thing, but Inken and her team deserve all the rave reviews they receive. The craftsmanship of her pieces is always impeccable... immaculate... pristine. And I have to say again how intuitive Inken is; she genuinely knows exactly what you want and just how to execute it, plus she has excellent taste. She's the only person I've ever been able to trust implicitly with projects, without my usual micromanaging. And it doesn't matter your budget; she puts her heart into each and every piece. I think she (mistakenly) feels like I'm an "easy" client, but really it's only because she's so adept at what she does. Anyway... the gem combo might be a little unorthodox, and maybe not for everyone, but I'm really stoked about it! Can't wait to see the sparkle in person!!
runaround1.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gasped aloud when I saw this! Absolutely stunning.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color combination is unexpected, but wonderful!
The garnet looks like delicious purple grape juice!
Another winner for you, @Autumn in New England !

Last edited:
The color combination is unexpected, but wonderful!
The garnet looks like delicious purple grape juice!
Another winner for you, @Autumn in New England !

Now I'm craving some Welch's! Actually, I could go for a glass of cold pomegranate juice (would that be garnet's matching juice?). :lickout: Thank you for the encouragement, my friend!!

Very Imperial! Amazing colours.

We were going for a sort of regal look, so I appreciate the compliment... thank you!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Not to sound totally uncouth, but this makes me feel like I'm gonna sweat through my pants / throw up with excitement!

Seriously, what a gorgeous color combo. I am a January baby so anytime I see a raspberry garnet.... I die a little. Die with love.

The yellow gold is stunning. The whole thing is stunning. can I have one?!

So happy for you! Thank you for sharing! brb while I go change my pants

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! What an exquisite piece :). I am obsessed with those fancy yellows.

Not to sound totally uncouth, but this makes me feel like I'm gonna sweat through my pants / throw up with excitement!

Seriously, what a gorgeous color combo. I am a January baby so anytime I see a raspberry garnet.... I die a little. Die with love.

The yellow gold is stunning. The whole thing is stunning. can I have one?!

So happy for you! Thank you for sharing! brb while I go change my pants

1144969br703fi17c.gif
Now if something I post does NOT cause you to sweat profusely, I will be so disappointed!! Thank you for the kind words... and for the chuckle!

major swoooooooooooooon ! :kiss2:
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

So thrilled you like the result, Daisy!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
What a great piece! It’s a smart way to use the color wheel - in gemstones :cool2: Congratulations and wear it in good health.

BTW: your title could have drawn me in if the walls were falling in! :)

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already posted this guy in the "rainbow" thread, but thought others might like to see him too. The purple garnet is 3.11ct.

This is so amazing -- and thank you for posting here since I can not keep up with the rainbow thread, tbh!

What a gorgeous garnet and lovely contrasting colors! I second @Snowdrop13's "Imperial" comment -- very appropriate!

And another example of an incredible ring with a (presumably) won't-bankrupt-you center stone. It's so nice to see a beautiful non-tsav/non-demantoid garnet taking center stage. And the step-cut is an unexpected but spectacular turn; it's almost like a sapphire but in an unobtainable color for sapphire. Can't wait to see the outdoor shots!

Tell us more about the garnet. Pyrope-almandine? Where are our garnet chemists (@landscape; @Nosean)? Wait -- you're a gemologist and can tell us yourself... =)2

Last edited:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so incredibly gorgeous (and I'm not a Lakers fan :P2 ) @Autumn in New England !! I love everything about it...the gem colors, the metal, the prongs...it's perfect :kiss2:

What a great piece! It’s a smart way to use the color wheel - in gemstones :cool2: Congratulations and wear it in good health.

BTW: your title could have drawn me in if the walls were falling in! :)

I, too, am always quick to click on a new Enhoerning thread! tee hee Thank you, my friend!!

And another example of an incredible ring with a (presumably) won't-bankrupt-you center stone. It's so nice to see a beautiful non-tsav/non-demantoid garnet taking center stage. And the step-cut is an unexpected but spectacular turn; it's almost like a sapphire but in an unobtainable color for sapphire. Can't wait to see the outdoor shots!

Tell us more about the garnet. Pyrope-almandine? Where are our garnet chemists (@landscape; @Nosean)? Wait -- you're a gemologist and can tell us yourself... =)2

Indeed! I wanted to incorporate yellow diamonds into something. But I just wasn't of the mind to spend a fortune on a center diamond. So I dug through my gem box, and thought this may be a cool look flanked with FCDs. The result was much friendlier to the ol' pocketbook!

I have every single gem tested by either AGL of GIA. Every single one, no matter how sure I am about composition or treatments, etc. It's a "mind clean" thing, and in case I ever decide to sell in the future. AGL listed this gem as a "pyrope-almandine" hybrid. So good on ya! In the trade, it's called "royal purple garnet" or "grape garnet" from Mozambique. Anyway, thank you!

Gorgeous!!!

Mother Nature + Inken Krause = a winning combination every time! Thank you!!

This is so incredibly gorgeous (and I'm not a Lakers fan :P2 ) @Autumn in New England !! I love everything about it...the gem colors, the metal, the prongs...it's perfect :kiss2:

lol My bro also made the Lakers comment! We're not Vikings fans either!!
hmmm.gif

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My word, that turned out beautifully. I love the combination and I'm dying for a little video to see sparkle action on the hand! :love:

*Files away 'grape garnets' that's what they're called. Yup, one of those. Yes.

My word, that turned out beautifully. I love the combination and I'm dying for a little video to see sparkle action on the hand! :love:

*Files away 'grape garnets' that's what they're called. Yup, one of those. Yes.

lol I will work on a vid next! Though once you see the quality of my own photos (post to follow), you may regret the request. :shock:

I received the ring today and, my goodness, I'm at a loss for words. Even though the stones are vastly different hues, they both have a warm sparkle that compliments one another. It's difficult to explain. I tried to snap some quick pix as the sun was going down. They're terrible... I'm sorry. That's why I never share my own photos. :oops: I have the ring on my forefinger to try and show it off best. But I will wear it on my ring finger.

I neglected to clean a fingerprint off before this one. I'm hopeless!
download (13).jpg

Blurry as all get out...
download (10).jpg

In focus, but... you like my donut dress? lol
download (11).jpg

Table glare! The end.
download (12).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results