shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring design - three stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJJ,
What a cool and fun project. The colors go well together!! You''re so creative.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yours is going to look so special and beautiful. I can't wait until it is done. I love the design and the colors next to each other!

And um...
27.gif
I just had her open a custom order for me too. I've been thinking about this since MTG posted it. And so... I hope you don't mind honey. But I'm going to do a single oval peridot set east west in an 18K yellow gold bezel, in the split satin silver shanks with the decorative gold balls on either side of the bezel. Imitation sincerest form of flattery?? It's going to be for my mom's birthday this year. And her birthstone is peridot.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2009 10:50:17 PM
Author: Gypsy
And um...
27.gif
I just had her open a custom order for me too. I''ve been thinking about this since MTG posted it. And so... I hope you don''t mind honey. But I''m going to do a single oval peridot set east west in an 18K yellow gold bezel, in the split satin silver shanks with the decorative gold balls on either side of the bezel. Imitation sincerest form of flattery?? It''s going to be for my mom''s birthday this year. And her birthstone is peridot.

Hehe, of course I don''t mind!!
Do post pics when it''s done, it sounds like it''ll be lovely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. AJ, hope it''s okay with you too??

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 11:58:20 PM
Thank you. AJ, hope it's okay with you too??

Of course ya dork!
Why would I mind?
Yours sounds really lovely - I adore green stones with yellow gold.

just a question Gyp - are you having just the silver satin finish and the gold regular shiney finish?
I'm trying to decide which way I should do mine..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 6:22:42 PM
Author: katiedid
Gorgeous stones AJ! I just love Julia too - she''s gonna be a busy woman! I hope to post some stuff soon that she''s working on for me.
emteeth.gif

alright Katie - spill! What do you have brewing woman..?
31.gif

and thankyou everyone for the compliments on the stones together and the design, I''m glad that folks like it.

As we all know, it''s great when we find a jeweller who is as passionate about quality gems and jewellery as we lot are - I thought I would share some of the sweet things Julia has messaged me about "the PS ladies":

"I have had to make do over the years with subclass stones, of dubious cut due to finances. So many people lack a real appreciation for a good stone, that it makes the price too high and it just sits around and doesn''t sell. That was before I met the PS family that is... Yay! I love that you all know so much about the stones and cuts, and colors and never cease to get excited about them."

I also noticed she''s in AZ, where Barry is, so I let her know about him and his site. I think they would really appreciate each others'' work - plus Barry has a number of times commented to me about the local jewellery store who are so incompetent and have no appreciation for his stones, lol
9.gif

I think that would be great - order a gem from Barry, have him send it over to Julia - voila, gorgeous piece!
36.gif

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
A Barry & Julia collaboration definitely sounds like a great plan! Your new project is absolutely stunning and will truly be one of a kind when it''s all done
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 1:56:22 AM
Author: arjunajane

Of course ya dork!
Why would I mind?

just a question Gyp - are you having just the silver satin finish and the gold regular shiney finish?
I''m trying to decide which way I should do mine..
Right now, the gold will be high polish and the silver matte. But I''m thinking of making it all matte. But sure. But leaning toward high polish on the yellow gold.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 2:33:12 PM
Date: 6/9/2009 1:56:22 AM

Author: arjunajane

Of course ya dork!

Why would I mind?

I''m trying to decide which way I should do mine..
Right now, the gold will be high polish and the silver matte. But I''m thinking of making it all matte. But sure. But leaning toward high polish on the yellow gold.

Ya, me too. I might also have high polish on the two smaller bezels..but we''ll see what Julia thinks.
Yours is gonna be a stunner!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 10:57:27 AM
Author: Chicago
A Barry & Julia collaboration definitely sounds like a great plan! Your new project is absolutely stunning and will truly be one of a kind when it''s all done
30.gif

Thankyou Chicago, I thought so too - it felt like I was trying to "set them up", rofl!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Well I caved and decided to contact her about having one of my pink tourmalines set!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
thats great B! have you decided on a style yet.?

I''ve also decided to have her make me one of these super cute key pendants (I found this in her completed listings).
I am confident it will be just as nice if not better than the Tiff''s ones, and for a fraction of the price
2.gif

Jkayt key pend.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results